- Mammalian BTBD12/SLX4 assembles a Holliday junction resolvase and is required for DNA repair
Jennifer M Svendsen
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 138:63-77. 2009
..Here, we identify BTBD12 as the human ortholog of the budding yeast DNA repair factor Slx4p and D. melanogaster MUS312. Human SLX4 forms a multiprotein complex with the ERCC4(XPF)-ERCC1, MUS81-EME1, and SLX1 endonucleases and also ..
- Coordination of structure-specific nucleases by human SLX4/BTBD12 is required for DNA repair
Ivan M Munoz
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Mol Cell 35:116-27. 2009
Budding yeast Slx4 interacts with the structure-specific endonuclease Slx1 to ensure completion of ribosomal DNA replication...
- Drosophila MUS312 and the vertebrate ortholog BTBD12 interact with DNA structure-specific endonucleases in DNA repair and recombination
Sabrina L Andersen
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cell 35:128-35. 2009
..Previously, we determined that the Drosophila MEI-9-ERCC1 endonuclease interacts with the MUS312 protein to produce meiotic crossovers, and that MUS312 has a MEI-9-independent role in interstrand crosslink (ICL) ..
- Human SLX4 is a Holliday junction resolvase subunit that binds multiple DNA repair/recombination endonucleases
Genome Instability and Carcinogenesis UPR3081 CNRS, Conventionné par l Université d Aix Marseille 2, IGC, IMM 31 chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402 Marseille, France
Cell 138:78-89. 2009
..Here we report the identification of Slx4 orthologs in metazoa, including fly MUS312, essential for meiotic recombination, and human BTBD12, an ATM/ATR checkpoint kinase substrate...
- Mutations of the SLX4 gene in Fanconi anemia
Laboratory of Genome Maintenance, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Genet 43:142-6. 2011
..anemia and show that the cellular defects in these individuals' cells are complemented by wildtype SLX4, demonstrating that biallelic mutations in SLX4 (renamed here as FANCP) cause a new subtype of Fanconi anemia, Fanconi anemia-P.
- Disruption of mouse Slx4, a regulator of structure-specific nucleases, phenocopies Fanconi anemia
Gerry P Crossan
Medical Research Council, Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 43:147-52. 2011
..Here we describe the phenotype of the Btbd12 knockout mouse, the mouse ortholog of SLX4, which recapitulates many key features of the human genetic illness ..
- SLX4, a coordinator of structure-specific endonucleases, is mutated in a new Fanconi anemia subtype
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vrije Universiteit VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 43:138-41. 2011
..b>SLX4, which coordinates three separate endonucleases, was recently recognized as an important regulator of DNA repair...
- Processing of joint molecule intermediates by structure-selective endonucleases during homologous recombination in eukaryotes
Erin K Schwartz
Department of Microbiology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Chromosoma 120:109-27. 2011
..RuvC, leading to the discovery of a number of DNA endonucleases, including Mus81-Mms4/EME1, Slx1-Slx4/BTBD12/MUS312, XPF-ERCC1, and Yen1/GEN1...
- Mammalian BTBD12 (SLX4) protects against genomic instability during mammalian spermatogenesis
J Kim Holloway
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
PLoS Genet 7:e1002094. 2011
..Recent studies have implicated the fly and worm orthologs, MUS312 and HIM-18, in the regulation of meiotic crossovers arising from double-strand break (DSB) initiating events and ..