Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC30A6
Description: solute carrier family 30 member 6
Alias: MST103, MSTP103, ZNT6, zinc transporter 6, solute carrier family 30 (zinc transporter), member 6
- Matteini A, Li J, Lange E, Tanaka T, Lange L, Tracy R, et al. Novel gene variants predict serum levels of the cytokines IL-18 and IL-1ra in older adults. Cytokine. 2014;65:10-6 pubmed publisher..Replication in independent cohorts is an important next step, as well as molecular studies to better understand the role of NLRC4. ..
- Zhang L, Wang X, Stoltenberg M, Danscher G, Huang L, Wang Z. Abundant expression of zinc transporters in the amyloid plaques of Alzheimer's disease brain. Brain Res Bull. 2008;77:55-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data provided significant morphological evidence of zinc ions and ZNTs being actively involved in the pathological processes that lead to plaque formation. ..
- Suzuki T, Ishihara K, Migaki H, Ishihara K, Nagao M, Yamaguchi Iwai Y, et al. Two different zinc transport complexes of cation diffusion facilitator proteins localized in the secretory pathway operate to activate alkaline phosphatases in vertebrate cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30956-62 pubmed..b>ZnT6 is also located in the vesicular compartments like ZnT5 and ZnT7...
- Fukunaka A, Suzuki T, Kurokawa Y, Yamazaki T, Fujiwara N, Ishihara K, et al. Demonstration and characterization of the heterodimerization of ZnT5 and ZnT6 in the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30798-806 pubmed publisherThe majority of CDF/ZnT zinc transporters form homo-oligomers. However, ZnT5, ZnT6, and their orthologues form hetero-oligomers in the early secretory pathway where they load zinc onto zinc-requiring enzymes and maintain secretory pathway ..
- Kaneko M, Noguchi T, Ikegami S, Sakurai T, Kakita A, Toyoshima Y, et al. Zinc transporters ZnT3 and ZnT6 are downregulated in the spinal cords of patients with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurosci Res. 2015;93:370-9 pubmed publisher..ZnT3 and ZnT6 protein levels were significantly diminished in the spinal cords of sporadic ALS patients compared with controls...
- Falcon Perez J, Dell Angelica E. Zinc transporter 2 (SLC30A2) can suppress the vesicular zinc defect of adaptor protein 3-depleted fibroblasts by promoting zinc accumulation in lysosomes. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1473-83 pubmed
- Seve M, Chimienti F, Devergnas S, Favier A. In silico identification and expression of SLC30 family genes: an expressed sequence tag data mining strategy for the characterization of zinc transporters' tissue expression. BMC Genomics. 2004;5:32 pubmed..The method presented herein provides a useful tool to complete gene families from sequencing programs and to produce preliminary expression data to select the proper biological samples for laboratory experimentation. ..
- Beyer N, Coulson D, Heggarty S, Ravid R, Hellemans J, Irvine G, et al. Zinc transporter mRNA levels in Alzheimer's disease postmortem brain. J Alzheimers Dis. 2012;29:863-73 pubmed publisher..Altered protein levels of the membrane Zn2+ transporters ZnT1, ZnT4, and ZnT6 have been reported in AD postmortem brain tissue...
- Fukunaka A, Kurokawa Y, Teranishi F, Sekler I, Oda K, Ackland M, et al. Tissue nonspecific alkaline phosphatase is activated via a two-step mechanism by zinc transport complexes in the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16363-73 pubmed publisher..We have previously shown that two zinc transport complexes, ZnT5/ZnT6 heterodimers and ZnT7 homo-oligomers, are required for the activation of alkaline phosphatases, by converting them ..
- Fujimoto S, Tsuji T, Fujiwara T, Takeda T, Merriman C, Fukunaka A, et al. The PP-motif in luminal loop 2 of ZnT transporters plays a pivotal role in TNAP activation. Biochem J. 2016;473:2611-21 pubmed publisher..a two-step mechanism, via protein stabilization and subsequent enzyme activation through metalation, by ZnT5-ZnT6 heterodimers or ZnT7 homodimers...
- Overbeck S, Uciechowski P, Ackland M, Ford D, Rink L. Intracellular zinc homeostasis in leukocyte subsets is regulated by different expression of zinc exporters ZnT-1 to ZnT-9. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:368-80 pubmed..These data provide insight into the regulation of intracellular zinc homeostasis in cells of the immune system and may explain the variable effects of zinc deficiency on different leukocyte subsets. ..
- Rafalo Ulinska A, Piotrowska J, Kryczyk A, Opoka W, Sowa Kucma M, Misztak P, et al. Zinc transporters protein level in postmortem brain of depressed subjects and suicide victims. J Psychiatr Res. 2016;83:220-229 pubmed publisher..Protein levels of ZnT1, ZnT3, ZnT4, ZnT5 and ZnT6 were measured in postmortem brain tissue from two different cohorts...
- Lyubartseva G, Smith J, Markesbery W, Lovell M. Alterations of zinc transporter proteins ZnT-1, ZnT-4 and ZnT-6 in preclinical Alzheimer's disease brain. Brain Pathol. 2010;20:343-50 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that alterations in Zn transport proteins may contribute to the pathology observed in PCAD subjects before onset of clinical symptoms. ..