Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC30A4
Description: solute carrier family 30 member 4
Alias: ZNT4, znT-4, zinc transporter 4, solute carrier family 30 (zinc transporter), member 4
- Napoli E, Ross Inta C, Song G, Wong S, Hagerman R, Gane L, et al. Premutation in the Fragile X Mental Retardation 1 (FMR1) Gene Affects Maternal Zn-milk and Perinatal Brain Bioenergetics and Scaffolding. Front Neurosci. 2016;10:159 pubmed publisher..A higher gene expression of ZnT4 and ZnT6, Zn transporters abundant in brain and lactating mammary glands, was observed in the latter tissue of KI ..
- Gao L, Zhang L, Li S, Wei L, Luo B, He R, et al. Role of miR-452-5p in the tumorigenesis of prostate cancer: A study based on the Cancer Genome Atl(TCGA), Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO), and bioinformatics analysis. Pathol Res Pract. 2018;214:732-749 pubmed publisher..Three genes-FAM174B, SLC30A4, and SLIT1-were jointly shared by GEPIA, the GSE datasets, and miRWalk...
- Rafalo A, Zadrozna M, Nowak B, Kotarska K, Wiatrowska K, Pochwat B, et al. The level of the zinc homeostasis regulating proteins in the brain of rats subjected to olfactory bulbectomy model of depression. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2017;72:36-48 pubmed publisher..Messenger RNA and proteins of ZnT1, ZnT3, ZnT4, ZnT5, ZnT6 and MT1/2 were measured in the prefrontal cortex (PFC) and hippocampus (Hp) of rats subjected to ..
- Tsuji T, Kurokawa Y, Chiche J, PouyssÃ©gur J, Sato H, Fukuzawa H, et al. Dissecting the Process of Activation of Cancer-promoting Zinc-requiring Ectoenzymes by Zinc Metalation Mediated by ZNT Transporters. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2159-2173 pubmed publisher..Finally, CAIX activation by zinc was mediated not only by ZNT5-ZNT6 heterodimers and ZNT7 homodimers but also by ZNT4 homodimers; thus, these three zinc-transport complexes redundantly contribute to CAIX activation...
- Florea D, Molina López J, Hogstrand C, Lengyel I, de la Cruz A, Rodríguez Elvira M, et al. Changes in zinc status and zinc transporters expression in whole blood of patients with Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (SIRS). J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2018;49:202-209 pubmed publisher..Expression of 11 out of 24 zinc transporters was analysed, and ZnT1, ZnT4, ZnT5 and ZIP4, which were downregulated by more than 3-fold in whole blood of patients...
- Zhang H, Choi J, Ramani A, Voiry D, Natoli S, Chhowalla M, et al. Engineering Chemically Exfoliated Large-Area Two-Dimensional MoS2 Nanolayers with Porphyrins for Improved Light Harvesting. Chemphyschem. 2016;17:2854-62 pubmed publisher..protoporphyrin?IX (ZnPP, GaPP, FePP, H2 PP); metal-free and zinc(II) tetra-(N-methyl-4-pyridyl)porphyrin (H2 T4, ZnT4); and metal-free and zinc(II) tetraphenylporphyrin (H2 TPP, ZnTPP)...
- Hennigar S, Kelley A, McClung J. Metallothionein and Zinc Transporter Expression in Circulating Human Blood Cells as Biomarkers of Zinc Status: a Systematic Review. Adv Nutr. 2016;7:735-46 pubmed publisher..ZIP8 (SLC39A8), ZIP10 (SLC39A10), ZIP14 (SLC39A14), zinc transporter (ZnT)1 (SLC30A1), ZnT2 (SLC30A2), ZnT4 (SLC30A4), ZnT5 (SLC30A5), ZnT6 (SLC30A6), ZnT7 (SLC30A7), ZnT9 (SLC30A9), and/or metallothionein in various blood cells ..
- Aslibekyan S, An P, Frazier Wood A, Kabagambe E, Irvin M, Straka R, et al. Preliminary evidence of genetic determinants of adiponectin response to fenofibrate in the Genetics of Lipid Lowering Drugs and Diet Network. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2013;23:987-94 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide support for fine-mapping of the 12q24 region to investigate the shared biological mechanisms underlying levels of circulating adiponectin and susceptibility to metabolic disease. ..
- Zhang L, Wang X, Stoltenberg M, Danscher G, Huang L, Wang Z. Abundant expression of zinc transporters in the amyloid plaques of Alzheimer's disease brain. Brain Res Bull. 2008;77:55-60 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data provided significant morphological evidence of zinc ions and ZNTs being actively involved in the pathological processes that lead to plaque formation. ..
- Kukic I, Lee J, Coblentz J, Kelleher S, Kiselyov K. Zinc-dependent lysosomal enlargement in TRPML1-deficient cells involves MTF-1 transcription factor and ZnT4 (Slc30a4) transporter. Biochem J. 2013;451:155-63 pubmed publisher..transcription factor MTF-1 (metal-regulatory-element-binding transcription factor-1) or the zinc transporter ZnT4. TRPML1 KD is associated with a build-up of cytoplasmic zinc and with enhanced transcriptional response of mRNA for ..
- Flach C, Qadri F, Bhuiyan T, Alam N, Jennische E, Holmgren J, et al. Differential expression of intestinal membrane transporters in cholera patients. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3183-8 pubmed..Five other transporters were downregulated; aquaporin 10, SLC6A4, TRPM6, SLC23A1 and SLC30A4, which have specificity for water, serotonin (5-HT), magnesium, vitamin C and zinc, respectively...
- Falcon Perez J, Dell Angelica E. Zinc transporter 2 (SLC30A2) can suppress the vesicular zinc defect of adaptor protein 3-depleted fibroblasts by promoting zinc accumulation in lysosomes. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:1473-83 pubmed..A survey of the expression and localization of zinc transporter (ZnT) family members identified ZnT2, ZnT3, and ZnT4 as likely mediators of vesicular zinc accumulation in M1 cells...
- Kury S, Devilder M, Avet Loiseau H, Dreno B, Moisan J. Expression pattern, genomic structure and evaluation of the human SLC30A4 gene as a candidate for acrodermatitis enteropathica. Hum Genet. 2001;109:178-85 pubmedb>Slc30a4 is the fourth and last identified member of a mammalian proteins family presumably involved in the cellular transport of zinc, solute carrier family 30...
- Rafalo Ulinska A, Piotrowska J, Kryczyk A, Opoka W, Sowa Kucma M, Misztak P, et al. Zinc transporters protein level in postmortem brain of depressed subjects and suicide victims. J Psychiatr Res. 2016;83:220-229 pubmed publisher..Protein levels of ZnT1, ZnT3, ZnT4, ZnT5 and ZnT6 were measured in postmortem brain tissue from two different cohorts...
- Subramanian Vignesh K, Landero Figueroa J, Porollo A, Divanovic S, Caruso J, Deepe G. IL-4 Induces Metallothionein 3- and SLC30A4-Dependent Increase in Intracellular Zn(2+) that Promotes Pathogen Persistence in Macrophages. Cell Rep. 2016;16:3232-3246 pubmed publisher..We show that interleukin (IL)-4 triggers a metallothionein 3 (MT3)- and Zn exporter SLC30A4-dependent increase in the labile Zn(2+) stores in macrophages and that intracellular pathogens can exploit this ..
- Zhao Y, Feresin R, Falcon Perez J, Salazar G. Differential Targeting of SLC30A10/ZnT10 Heterodimers to Endolysosomal Compartments Modulates EGF-Induced MEK/ERK1/2 Activity. Traffic. 2016;17:267-88 pubmed publisher..transferrin receptor and Rab5-positive endosomes and forms covalent heterodimers and oligomers with ZnT2, ZnT3 and ZnT4. The interaction of ZnT10 with ZnT3, mediated by dityrosine bonds, was unable to target ZnT10 into SLMVs in vitro ..
- Murgia C, Grosser D, Truong Tran A, Roscioli E, Michalczyk A, Ackland M, et al. Apical localization of zinc transporter ZnT4 in human airway epithelial cells and its loss in a murine model of allergic airway inflammation. Nutrients. 2011;3:910-28 pubmed publisher..The vesicular Zn transporter ZnT4 was likewise prominent in both the apical and basal parts of the epithelium both in rodent and human AE, although ..
- Beck F, Prasad A, Butler C, Sakr W, Kucuk O, Sarkar F. Differential expression of hZnT-4 in human prostate tissues. Prostate. 2004;58:374-81 pubmed
- Henshall S, Afar D, Rasiah K, Horvath L, Gish K, Caras I, et al. Expression of the zinc transporter ZnT4 is decreased in the progression from early prostate disease to invasive prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2003;22:6005-12 pubmed..The gene for the zinc transporter ZnT4 was one of several genes that displayed significantly higher expression in prostate cancer compared to normal ..
- Golan Y, Berman B, Assaraf Y. Heterodimerization, altered subcellular localization, and function of multiple zinc transporters in viable cells using bimolecular fluorescence complementation. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:9050-63 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, upon heterodimerization with ZnT1, the zinc transporters ZnT2 and ZnT4 surprisingly localized at the PM, as opposed to their vesicular homodimer localization...
- Nakano A, Nakano H, Hanada K, Nomura K, Uitto J. ZNT4 gene is not responsible for acrodermatitis enteropathica in Japanese families. Hum Genet. 2002;110:201-2 pubmed
- Lyubartseva G, Smith J, Markesbery W, Lovell M. Alterations of zinc transporter proteins ZnT-1, ZnT-4 and ZnT-6 in preclinical Alzheimer's disease brain. Brain Pathol. 2010;20:343-50 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that alterations in Zn transport proteins may contribute to the pathology observed in PCAD subjects before onset of clinical symptoms. ..
- Ho L, Ruffin R, Murgia C, Li L, Krilis S, Zalewski P. Labile zinc and zinc transporter ZnT4 in mast cell granules: role in regulation of caspase activation and NF-kappaB translocation. J Immunol. 2004;172:7750-60 pubmed..These findings implicate a role for ZnT(4) in mast cell Zn homeostasis and suggest that granule pools of Zn may be distinct from those regulating activation of procaspase-3 and NF-kappaB. ..
- Bleck O, Ashton G, Mallipeddi R, South A, Whittock N, McLean W, et al. Genomic localization, organization and amplification of the human zinc transporter protein gene, ZNT4, and exclusion as a candidate gene in different clinical variants of acrodermatitis enteropathica. Arch Dermatol Res. 2001;293:392-6 pubmed..mouse studies have highlighted the potential significance of certain zinc transport proteins, for example ZnT4, in providing clues to the pathogenesis of zinc-related disorders such as acrodermatitis enteropathica...
- Overbeck S, Uciechowski P, Ackland M, Ford D, Rink L. Intracellular zinc homeostasis in leukocyte subsets is regulated by different expression of zinc exporters ZnT-1 to ZnT-9. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:368-80 pubmed..These data provide insight into the regulation of intracellular zinc homeostasis in cells of the immune system and may explain the variable effects of zinc deficiency on different leukocyte subsets. ..
- Smith J, Xiong S, Markesbery W, Lovell M. Altered expression of zinc transporters-4 and -6 in mild cognitive impairment, early and late Alzheimer's disease brain. Neuroscience. 2006;140:879-88 pubmed..05) increased in hippocampus/parahippocampal gyrus of early Alzheimer's disease and Alzheimer's disease subjects. Zn transporter-6 is also increased (P<0.1) in the superior and middle temporal gyrus of Alzheimer's disease brain. ..