Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC25A4
Description: solute carrier family 25 (mitochondrial carrier; adenine nucleotide translocator), member 4
Alias: AAC1, ANT, ANT 1, ANT1, MTDPS12, PEO2, PEO3, ADP,ATP carrier protein 1, ADP,ATP carrier protein, heart/skeletal muscle, ADP/ATP translocase 1, adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (skeletal muscle), heart/skeletal muscle ATP/ADP translocator, solute carrier family 25 member 4
Publications191 found, 100 shown here
- A comparative analysis of morphological and ecological characters of European aphids and lycaenids in relation to ant attendanceBernhard Stadler
Bayreuth Institute for Terrestrial Ecosystem Research, University of Bayreuth, 95440, Bayreuth, Germany
Oecologia 135:422-30. 2003..ants and aphids/lycaenids and (2) contrast different taxonomic levels with respect to the variance explained by ant attendance...
- Correlation between expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and the presence of CD4+ infiltrating T-lymphocyte in human primary hepatocellular carcinomaYa Wei Gao
Department of Immunology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, PR China
Hepatogastroenterology 55:345-50. 2008..the relationship among Cox-2, CD4+ TIL of tumor and CD4+ infiltrating T-lymphocytes of adjoining non-tumorous (ANT) tissues in tumor-microenvironment...
- Bax and adenine nucleotide translocator cooperate in the mitochondrial control of apoptosisI Marzo
CNRS, UPR 420, 19 rue Guy Moquet, F 94801 Villejuif, France
Science 281:2027-31. 1998..permeabilize membranes in response to atractyloside, a proapoptotic ligand of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT). Bax and ANT coimmunoprecipitated and interacted in the yeast two-hybrid system...
- Control of mitochondrial membrane permeabilization by adenine nucleotide translocator interacting with HIV-1 viral protein rR and Bcl-2E Jacotot
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 1599, Institut Gustave Roussy, F 94805 Villejuif, France
J Exp Med 193:509-19. 2001..the voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC) in the outer membrane (OM) and the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) in the inner membrane...
- Vpr R77Q is associated with long-term nonprogressive HIV infection and impaired induction of apoptosisJulian J Lum
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 111:1547-54. 2003..These data highlight the pathophysiologic role of Vpr in HIV-induced immune disease and suggest a novel mechanism of LTNP...
- Cyclophilin-D binds strongly to complexes of the voltage-dependent anion channel and the adenine nucleotide translocase to form the permeability transition poreM Crompton
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, UK
Eur J Biochem 258:729-35. 1998....
- Increased levels of adenine nucleotide translocator 1 protein and response to oxidative stress are early events in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy muscleDalila Laoudj-Chenivesse
Centre de Recherche en Biochimie et Macromoléculaire, FRE 2593 CNRS, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:216-24. 2005..any of the 4q35 genes, among which is the heart and muscle-specific isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT1)...
- The HIV-1 viral protein R induces apoptosis via a direct effect on the mitochondrial permeability transition poreE Jacotot
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, F 94801 Villejuif, France
J Exp Med 191:33-46. 2000..membranes containing the purified PTPC or defined PTPC components such as the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) combined with Bax. Again, this effect is prevented by addition of recombinant Bcl-2...
- [Mediators of the vascular endothelium as markers of myocardial ischemia and reperfusion]D Jambou
Service de cardiologie, , Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:57-62. 1993..relaxing factors" (EDRFs) nitrous oxide, prostacyclin, which are vasodilators and platelet antiaggregants ant the "endothelium-derived contracting factors" (EDCFs), endothelin, PGH2, oxygen-free radicals which are ..
- Genomic characterization of Tv-ant-1, a Caenorhabditis elegans tag-61 homologue from the parasitic nematode Trichostrongylus vitrinusMin Hu
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Gene 397:12-25. 2007A full-length cDNA (Tv-ant-1) encoding an adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT or ADP/ATP translocase) (Tv-ANT-1) was isolated from Trichostrongylus vitrinus (order Strongylida), an economically important parasitic nematode of small ..
- The adenine nucleotide translocase type 1 (ANT1): a new factor in mitochondrial diseaseJ Daniel Sharer
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
IUBMB Life 57:607-14. 2005..are associated with dysfunction of the heart and muscle-specific isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1), a nDNA gene product that facilitates transport of ATP and ADP across the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- [Characteristics of adenine nucleotide translocator in mitochondria of rat cerebral cortex during hypobaric hypoxia exposure.]Li Fen Chen
Department of Pathophysiology, College of High Altitude Military Medicine, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 58:29-33. 2006..the present study was to explore the effects of hypoxic exposure on mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) activity and its characteristics...
- Isolation, nucleotide identification and tissue expression of three novel ovine genes-SLC25A4, SLC25A5 and SLC25A6Liangyu Yang
Faculty of Animal Science and Technology, Yunnan Agricultural University, Kunming 650201, China
Mol Biol Rep 37:2743-8. 2010The complete coding sequences of three of sheep genes SLC25A4, SLC25A5 and SLC25A6 were firstly amplified using the reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) according to the conserved sequence information of the cattle or ..
- Dominant membrane uncoupling by mutant adenine nucleotide translocase in mitochondrial diseasesXiaowen Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, NY 13210, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:4036-44. 2008..Ant also possesses a discrete membrane uncoupling activity. Specific mis-sense mutations in the human Ant1 cause autosomal dominant Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia (adPEO), mitochondrial myopathy and cardiomyopathy, ..
- Fatal anaphylaxis to indoor native fire ant stings in an infantDaniel R More
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Luke AFB, Arizona 85309, USA
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 29:62-3. 2008..The following is a report of fatal anaphylaxis to a native fire ant sting in an infant that occurred indoors at a daycare facility. A 3-month-old female was left unattended on a bed...
- [Effects of gonadotropin releasing hormone analogues on chemotherapy-induced ovarian function damage in rats]Ping Peng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:546-50. 2007To investigate the effects of gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist (GnRH-a) and antagonist (GnRH-ant) on cyclophosphamide (CTX)-induced ovarian damage in rats.
- TGF-beta1 induction of the adenine nucleotide translocator 1 in astrocytes occurs through Smads and Sp1 transcription factorsAlick K T Law
Department of Physiology, Emory University, Atlanta, USA
BMC Neurosci 5:1. 2004The adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (Ant1) is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein involved with energy mobilization during oxidative phosphorylation...
- Look before leaping: foraging selectivity of capuchin monkeys on acacia trees in Costa RicaHilary Young
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, T2N IN4 Calgary, AB, Canada
Oecologia 155:85-92. 2008..Depending on the size and species of ant colony, individual acacia trees may be differentially protected...
- [Ant venoms: a rare cause of allergic reactions in Switzerland]J D Seebach
Departement fur Innere Medizin, Medizinische Klinik A, Universitatsspital, Ramistrasse 100, C HOER 31 CH 8091 Zürich
Schweiz Med Wochenschr 130:1805-13. 2000..several patients with sensitisation or allergy to the venom of imported fire ants (Solenopsis), a species of ant found in the Americas...
- Effects of oil pollution at Kuwait's greater Al-Burgan oil field on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon concentrations in the tissues of the desert lizard Acanthodactylus scutellatus and their ant preyMona A Al-Hashem
Department of Biological Sciences, Kuwait University, Safat, State of Kuwait
Ecotoxicology 16:551-5. 2007..Ants from the same sites were also collected and treated in a similar manner. Lizard and ant whole body tissues were subjected to gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) to determine concentrations of ..
- MITOCHIP assessment of differential gene expression in the skeletal muscle of Ant1 knockout mice: coordinate regulation of OXPHOS, antioxidant, and apoptotic genesVaidya Subramaniam
Center of Molecular and Mitochondrial Medicine and Genetics MAMMAG and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California Irvine, 2010 Hewitt Hall, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1777:666-75. 2008Genetic inactivation of the nuclear-encoded mitochondrial heart-muscle adenine nucleotide translocator-1 (ANT1), which exports mitochondrial ATP to the cytosol in both humans (ANT1-/-) and mice (Ant1-/-), results in lactic acidosis and ..
- Adenine nucleotide translocator 1 deficiency increases resistance of mouse brain and neurons to excitotoxic insultsJaewon Lee
Center for Molecular and Mitochondrial Medicine and Genetics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3940, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:364-70. 2009..The mouse has three Ant isoforms: Ant1 expressed in heart, muscle, and brain; Ant2 expressed in all tissues but muscle; and Ant4 expressed primarily in ..
- Effects of urban development on ant communities: implications for ecosystem services and managementMonte P Sanford
Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Biology 316, University of Nevada, Reno, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Conserv Biol 23:131-41. 2009..We studied responses of ant communities to urbanization in the Lake Tahoe basin by sampling sites along a gradient of urban land development...
- Leptin and thyroxine during sexual development in male monkeys: effect of neonatal gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist treatment and delayed puberty on the developmental pattern of leptin and thyroxine secretionD R Mann
Department of Physiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 146:891-8. 2002Neonatal treatment of male monkeys with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist (Ant) increased the incidence of delayed puberty...
- [Exploration of left ventricular relaxation using gamma-angiography in 70 hypertensive subjects. Practical consequences and implications]J P Ollivier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1109-14. 1989This study was performed to evaluate the incidence ant the practical consequences of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in hypertensive...
- The origin of the attine ant-fungus mutualismU G Mueller
Section of Integrative Biology, Patterson Laboratories, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Q Rev Biol 76:169-97. 2001..1894), in rotting wood (Forel 1902), as mycorrhizae (Garling 1979), on arthropod corpses (von Ihering 1894) or ant faeces in nest middens (Wheeler 1907)...
- Presence of a group II intron in a multiresistant Serratia marcescens strain that harbors three integrons and a novel gene fusionDaniela Centron
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1402-9. 2002..By PCR, hybridization, and sequencing analyses, we found that integron 1 has the dfrA1 and ant(3")-Ia cassettes...
- Adenine nucleotide (ADP/ATP) translocase 3 participates in the tumor necrosis factor induced apoptosis of MCF-7 cellsZiqiang Yang
National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Mol Biol Cell 18:4681-9. 2007Mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is believed to be a component or a regulatory component of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mtPTP), which controls mitochondrial permeability transition during apoptosis...
- Effects of large mammalian herbivores and ant symbionts on condensed tannins of Acacia drepanolobium in KenyaDavid Ward
Mitrani Department for Desert Ecology and Ramon Science Centre, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Sede Boqer, Israel
J Chem Ecol 28:921-37. 2002..total exclusion, antelope only, and megaherbivore (elephants and giraffes) + antelope] and with four different ant symbiont species on the trees...
- Ant behaviour and seed morphology: a missing link of myrmecochoryCrisanto Gómez
Departament de Ciències Ambientals, Universitat de Girona, 17071 Girona, Spain
Oecologia 146:244-6. 2005..When seeds mature or fall onto the ground, these ant species transport them to their nest...
- Diminished cardioprotective response to inhibition of angiotensin-converting enzyme and angiotensin II type 1 receptor in B(2) kinin receptor gene knockout miceX P Yang
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Circ Res 88:1072-9. 2001..effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEi) or angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonists (AT(1)-ant), whereas lack of B(2) receptors may diminish this cardioprotective effect...
- Compatibility of imported fire ant whole body extract with cat, ragweed, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, and timothy grass allergensTonya S Rans
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas 78236, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 102:57-61. 2009Recommendations regarding the administration of imported fire ant whole body extract (IFA WBE) combined with aeroallergens or environmental allergens in a single immunotherapy injection are lacking.
- Aggressive interactions between Solenopsis invicta and Linepithema humile (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) under laboratory conditionsJ N Kabashima
University of California Cooperative Extension Orange County, 1045 Arlington Dr, Gate 4, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
J Econ Entomol 100:148-54. 2007The Argentine ant, Linepithema humile (Mayr), and the red imported fire ant, Solenopsis invicta Buren, are natural agonists in their country of origin. Since the first report of L...
- Hormone responses to sedative drugs and cold exposure in two rat lines with high and low alcohol sensitivityE R Korpi
Research Laboratories, Alko Ltd, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 41:795-9. 1992..The alcohol-sensitive ANT rats had significantly lower plasma corticosterone concentrations than the alcohol-insensitive AT rats 30 min after ..
- The adenine nucleotide translocase: a central component of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore and key player in cell deathAndrew P Halestrap
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Curr Med Chem 10:1507-25. 2003In addition to its normal function, the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) forms the inner membrane channel of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore (MPTP)...
- Eliminating the Ant1 isoform produces a mouse with CPEO pathology but normal ocular motilityHang Yin
Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur, Georgia 30033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:4555-62. 2005The adenine nucleotide transporter 1 gene (ANT1) encodes an inner mitochondrial membrane protein that transports ATP into the cell. Mutations within ANT1 produce a syndrome of chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia (CPEO) in humans...
- Biodiversity loss in Latin American coffee landscapes: review of the evidence on ants, birds, and treesStacy M Philpott
Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center, Washington, DC 20013, USA
Conserv Biol 22:1093-1105. 2008..We quantitatively reviewed data from ant, bird, and tree biodiversity studies in coffee agroecosystems to address the following questions: Does species ..
- The interaction between Cistaceae and a highly specific seed-harvester ant in a Mediterranean scrublandF Bastida
Departamento de Ciencias Agroforestales, Universidad de Huelva, Huelva, Spain
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 11:46-56. 2009We studied the interaction between the ant Goniomma kugleri and Cistaceae in a Cistus ladanifer-dominated scrubland, in southwestern Spain...
- Impact of adenosine nucleotide translocase (ANT) proline isomerization on Ca2+-induced cysteine relative mobility/mitochondrial permeability transition poreCezar R Pestana
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Bioenerg Biomembr 42:329-35. 2010Mitochondrial membrane carriers containing proline and cysteine, such as adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT), are potential targets of cyclophilin D (CyP-D) and potential Ca(2+)-induced permeability transition pore (PTP) components or ..
- Carboxyatractyloside effects on brown-fat mitochondria imply that the adenine nucleotide translocator isoforms ANT1 and ANT2 may be responsible for basal and fatty-acid-induced uncoupling respectivelyIrina G Shabalina
The Wenner Gren Institute, The Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem J 399:405-14. 2006..However, in liver, only Ant2 mRNA was found, whereas in brown adipose tissue, Ant1 and Ant2 mRNA levels were equal...
- The role of extrafloral nectar amino acids for the preferences of facultative and obligate ant mutualistsMarcia González-Teuber
Department of General Botany Plant Ecology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Chem Ecol 35:459-68. 2009..Among Mesoamerican Acacia species, obligate myrmecophytes produce EFN constitutively to nourish symbiotic ant mutualists, while non-myrmecophytes induce EFN secretion in response to herbivore damage to attract non-symbiotic ..
- Wolbachia transmission dynamics in Formica wood antsLumi Viljakainen
Department of Biology, PO Box 3000, 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
BMC Evol Biol 8:55. 2008..compared the sequence diversity of wsp (Wolbachia surface protein gene) and the host mtDNA in a group of Formica ant species that have diverged approximately 0.5 million years ago (MYA)...
- Changes in monoterpene emission rates of Quercus ilex infested by aphids tended by native or invasive Lasius ant speciesCarolina I Paris
Department of Animal Biology, Plant Biology and Ecology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Edifici C, Campus de Bellaterra UAB, Cerdanyola del Vallès Bellaterra, 08193, Barcelona, Spain
J Chem Ecol 36:689-98. 2010..The effect of Lachnus roboris aphids and two different tending ant species on terpene emission rates of 4-year-old holm oak (Quercus ilex) saplings was investigated during a field ..
- Catching ants with honey: an experimental test of distraction and satiation as alternative modes of escape from flower-damaging antsCandace Galen
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, 105 Tucker Hall, Columbia, MO 65211 7400, USA
Oecologia 144:80-7. 2005..hypothesis, extrafloral nectaries (EFN) evolved under selection to entice ants away from floral nectaries, reducing ant-mediated damage to flowers and/or interference with pollinators...
- Stability of Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper) Ant venom for use in immunotherapyMichael D Wiese
School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, GPO Box 2471, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, Australia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:303-10. 2011Allergy to Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper Ant) venom is common in Australia, affecting ∼2.7% of some communities...
- Ectopic expression of the human adenine nucleotide translocase, isoform 3 (ANT-3). Characterization of ligand binding propertiesA K Carroll
MitoKor, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mitochondrion 5:1-13. 2005The adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is a key component in maintaining cellular energy homeostasis, and has also been implicated in formation of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore...
- The effect of anthracene and phenanthrene on the growth, photosynthesis, and SOD activity of the green alga Scenedesmus armatus depends on the PAR irradiance and CO2 levelA Aksmann
Department of Plant Physiology, University of Gdansk, al MarszaŁka PiŁsudskiego 46, 81 378 Gdynia, Poland
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 47:177-84. 2004Short-term (24-h) experiments were performed to examine the effect of phenanthrene (PHE) and anthracene (ANT) on algae grown in a batch culture system at irradiances of 12, 33, 48, and 64 W m(-2) of the PAR range...
- Ca(2+) binding to c-state of adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT)-surrounding cardiolipins enhances (ANT)-Cys(56) relative mobility: a computational-based mitochondrial permeability transition studyCezar R Pestana
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 14040 903 Ribeirão Preto SP, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:176-82. 2009The oxidation of critical cysteines/related thiols of adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is believed to be an important event of the Ca(2+)-induced mitochondrial permeability transition (MPT), a process mediated by a cyclosporine A/ADP-..
- Symbiont interactions in a tripartite mutualism: exploring the presence and impact of antagonism between two fungus-growing ant mutualistsMichael Poulsen
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8748. 2010..Within both ant-fungus and ant-bacterium mutualisms, mixing of genetically distinct strains can lead to antagonistic interactions (..
- Use of antibiotics and roxarsone in broiler chickens in the USA: analysis for the years 1995 to 2000H D Chapman
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
Poult Sci 81:356-64. 2002In 1995, an antibiotic (ANT) was used in starter, grower, and withdrawal (WD) feeds by 94.3, 98.2, and 75.1% of broiler production units, but by 2000, ANT use had declined to 64.8, 66.9, and 48.1% respectively...
- Inhibition of ovulation in the rat by a leukotriene B(4) receptor antagonistM Matousek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 7:35-42. 2001..B(4) in the ovulatory process of the rat was investigated by the use of a LTB(4)-receptor antagonist (ZK158252 = L-ANT) administered either intrabursally in vivo or to the in-vitro perfused ovary...
- NMR-based analysis of aminoglycoside recognition by the resistance enzyme ANT(4'): the pattern of OH/NH3(+) substitution determines the preferred antibiotic binding mode and is critical for drug inactivationJulia Revuelta
Instituto de Química Orgánica general CSIC, Madrid 28006, Spain
J Am Chem Soc 130:5086-103. 2008..Herein, we analyze several key aspects of the aminoglycoside recognition by the resistance enzyme ANT(4') from Staphylococcus aureus, employing NMR complemented with site-directed mutagenesis experiments and ..
- Cloning of two pectate lyase genes from the marine Antarctic bacterium Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis strain ANT/505 and characterization of the enzymesL V Truong
Institute of Biotechnology, National Center of Natural Science and Technology, Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
Extremophiles 5:35-44. 2001A marine Antarctic psychrotolerant bacterium (strain ANT/505), isolated from sea ice-covered surface water from the Southern Ocean, showed pectinolytic activity on citrus pectin agar...
- Thermal ecology of the neotropical army ant Eciton burchelliiJoe E Meisel
Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Ecol Appl 16:913-22. 2006I explored the thermal ecology of Eciton burchellii, a New World army ant, in primary forest and forest fragments in the Atlantic lowlands of Costa Rica in 2002 and 2003...
- Accelerated mitochondrial adenosine diphosphate/adenosine triphosphate transport improves hypertension-induced heart diseaseThomas Walther
Charite Universitatsmedizin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Cardiology and Pneumonology, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 115:333-44. 2007..An adequate exchange of ATP and ADP over the inner mitochondrial membrane by the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is thereby essential to guarantee the cellular energy supply.
- Ant mimicry by an aphid parasitoid, Lysiphlebus fabarumArash Rasekh
Department of Plant Protection, College of Agriculture, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
J Insect Sci 10:126. 2010..Aphis fabae Scopoli (Hemiptera: Aphididae), that possesses various highly evolved adaptations for foraging within ant-tended aphid colonies...
- Plant genotype shapes ant-aphid interactions: implications for community structure and indirect plant defenseKailen A Mooney
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Am Nat 171:E195-205. 2008..Populations of the ant-tended aphid Aphis asclepiadis and the untended aphid Myzocallis asclepiadis varied eight- to 18-fold among ..
- Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper) ant venom: identification of allergens and revised nomenclatureM D Wiese
Department of Pharmacy, Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Allergy 62:437-43. 2007The 'Jack Jumper Ant' (JJA; Myrmecia pilosula species complex) is the major cause of ant sting anaphylaxis in Australia...
- Trade-offs underlying polyphagy in a facultative ant-tended florivorous butterfly: the role of host plant quality and enemy-free spaceDaniela Rodrigues
Departamento de Biologia Animal, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Oecologia 163:719-28. 2010..Plant traits such as presence of ant-treehopper associations as a source of enemy-free space, flower bud dimensions, toughness, thickness, trichomes, ..
- [Restless legs syndrome and periodic leg movements during sleep in patients with sleep apnea--a therapeutic problem?]P Dorow
Medizinische Klinik I, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Pneumologie 51:716-20. 1997..Simultaneous videorecordings and EMG of mm. tibialis ant. ensure diagnosis. Therapeutic regime may be difficult due to failure or side effects, however...
- The evolution of genome size in antsNeil D Tsutsui
Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
BMC Evol Biol 8:64. 2008..is a useful and necessary prerequisite for the development of many genomic resources, yet it has been reported for only one ant species (Solenopsis invicta), and the two published estimates for this species differ by 146.7 Mb (0.15 pg).
- The congenital "ant-egg" cataract phenotype is caused by a missense mutation in connexin46Lars Hansen
The Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, Institute of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Vis 12:1033-9. 2006b>Ant-egg" cataract is a rare, distinct variety of congenital/infantile cataract that was reported in a large Danish family in 1967...
- Preference of food particle size among several urban ant speciesLinda M Hooper-Bùi
Department of Entomology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Econ Entomol 95:1222-8. 2002Appropriate particle size may be a critical characteristic for effective granular ant baits. We examined the particle size preference of six species of pest ants to an anchovy-based bait...
- Fire ant-detecting canines: a complementary method in detecting red imported fire antsHui Min Lin
Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 128 Sec 2, Academia Rd, Nankang, 11592, Taiwan
J Econ Entomol 104:225-31. 2011..The methodology could assist in reducing the frequency and scope of chemical treatments for red imported fire ant management and thus reduce labor costs and chemical use as well as improve control and quarantine efficiency...
- Enhancement of fibrinolytic activity in vascular endothelial cells by heterologous expression of adenine nucleotide translocase-1Chikako Ishida
Department of Physiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Ohno Higashi, Osakasayama, Osaka, Japan
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:272-8. 2010..Its amino acid sequence has matched that of human adenine nucleotide translocase-1 (ANT1)...
- [Analysis on 168 rRNA methylase genes and aminoglycoside modifying enzymes genes in Enterobacter cloacae in China]Zhi Mi Huang
Microbiology Laboratory, 98th Hospital of People s Liberation Army, Huzhou 313000, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 29:369-73. 2008..To investigate the 16S rRNA methylase genes and Aminoglycoside modifying enzymes (AMEs) genes in Enterobacter cloacae isolated from the People's Liberation Army 98th Hospital, Huzhou district, Zhejiang province, China...
- Preparation and biological evaluation of 64Cu-CB-TE2A-sst2-ANT, a somatostatin antagonist for PET imaging of somatostatin receptor-positive tumorsThaddeus J Wadas
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Nucl Med 49:1819-27. 2008Recently, the somatostatin receptor subtype 2 (SSTR2) selective antagonist sst2-ANT was determined to have a high affinity for SSTR2...
- Habitat complexity facilitates coexistence in a tropical ant communityM Sarty
School of Biological Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, P O Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
Oecologia 149:465-73. 2006The role of habitat complexity in the coexistence of ant species is poorly understood. Here, we examine the influence of habitat complexity on coexistence patterns in ant communities of the remote Pacific atoll of Tokelau...
- Evolutionary history of Wolbachia infections in the fire ant Solenopsis invictaMichael E Ahrens
Department of Entomology, 643 Russell Labs, 1630 Linden Drive, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 USA
BMC Evol Biol 5:35. 2005..Wolbachia genome infecting 138 individuals from eleven geographically distributed native populations of the fire ant Solenopsis invicta...
- Effects of habitat fragmentation and degradation on flocks of African ant-following birdsMarcell K Peters
Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum A Koenig, Adenauerallee 160, D 53113 Bonn, Germany
Ecol Appl 18:847-58. 2008..neglected) ecological phenomena in African rain forests is the interaction between swarm-raiding army ants and ant-following birds...
- Imported fire ant stings: clinical manifestations and treatmentP R Cohen
Department of Dermatology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77030
Pediatr Dermatol 9:44-8. 1992..child developed a characteristic localized cutaneous reaction at the sites of numerous stings after disturbing an ant mound. He experienced no secondary complications, and his pustular lesions resolved with conservative treatment.
- [Calcified aortic stenosis in patients over 80 years of age. Results of surgical treatment. Observations in 67 consecutive cases]Y Logeais
Clinique chirurgicale cardiovasculaire et thoracique, , Rennes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1397-9. 1990..1988 for calcific aortic stenosis in 67 consecutive patients over 80 years of age; the operative risk is assessed ant the results are compared with those of balloon valvuloplasty...
- Speed of efficacy and delayed toxicity characteristics of fast-acting fire ant (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) baitsDavid H Oi
USDA ARS, Center for Medical, Agricultural, and Veterinary Entomology, 1600 SW 23rd Dr, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
J Econ Entomol 99:1739-48. 2006Efficacy and speed of action of fire ant (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) baits that claim fast control of colonies were compared with a standard bait...
- [Behavioral mechanisms of spatial competition between red wood ants (Formica aquilonia) and ground beetles (Carabidae)]E A Dorosheva
Zh Obshch Biol 67:344-60. 2006..In laboratory, we tested carabids ability to avoid a clash in a Y-shaped labyrinth containing an active tethered ant in one section...
- Detection of a novel aph(2") allele (aph[2"]-Ie) conferring high-level gentamicin resistance and a spectinomycin resistance gene ant(9)-Ia (aad 9) in clinical isolates of enterococciMohammed Mahbub Alam
Department of Hygiene, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Microb Drug Resist 11:239-47. 2005..of 12 AME genes in 534 recent clinical strains isolated from a Japanese hospital, two uncommon AME genes, ant(9)-Ia and a novel aph(2") allele, aph(2")-Ie, were detected...
- Effects of Zn(II) binding and apoprotein structural stability on the conformation change of designed antennafinger proteinsYuichiro Hori
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto 611 0011, Japan
Biochemistry 43:3068-74. 2004..the relationships between ligand binding and conformational stability using a previously designed protein, Ant-F, which undergoes a conformation change upon Zn(II) binding...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist antide inhibits apoptosis of preovulatory follicle cells in rat ovaryFernanda Parborell
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental IByME CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biol Reprod 72:659-66. 2005Analogs of GnRH, including agonists (GnRH-a) and antagonists (GnRH-ant), have been widely used to inhibit gonadotropin pituitary release...
- Effect of ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonists on endothelial NO synthase knockout mice with heart failureYun He Liu
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202 2689, USA
Hypertension 39:375-81. 2002The beneficial effects of ACE inhibitors (ACEi) or angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonists (AT(1)-ant) are reportedly mediated by NO in heart failure (HF)...
- Molecular requirements for targeting the polyamine transport system. Synthesis and biological evaluation of polyamine-anthracene conjugatesChaojie Wang
Groupe de Recherche en Therapeutique AntiCancereuse, Faculte de Medecine, 2, avenue du professeur Leon Bernard, 35043 Rennes, France
J Med Chem 46:2672-82. 2003A series of nine N(1)-(9-anthracenylmethyl)tetraamines (e.g., Ant-4,4,4-tetraamine) were synthesized and evaluated for cytotoxicity in L1210, alpha-difluoromethylornithine (DFMO)-treated L1210, Chinese hamster ovary (CHO), and CHO-MG ..
- Field evaluations of the efficacy of Distance Plus on invasive ant species in northern AustraliaGarry A Webb
Sumitomo Chemical Australia, Epping, NSW 2113, Australia
J Econ Entomol 106:1545-52. 2013The efficacy of Distance Plus Ant Bait, containing the insect growth regulator pyriproxyfen, was tested in the field against two invasive ant species in northern Australia: African big-headed ant (Pheidole megacephala (F...
- Epitope mapping of mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase-1 in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyCarlos Manchado
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Mol Cell Cardiol 34:571-82. 2002..ANT in IDCM by immunoblot with recombinant GST-ANT fusion proteins and with cellulose-bound decapeptides of human ANT1. Forty-five patients with IDCM, 17 patients with ischemic left ventricle dysfunction (LVD) and 20 controls were ..
- Can temperate insects take the heat? A case study of the physiological and behavioural responses in a common ant, Iridomyrmex purpureus (Formicidae), with potential climate changeNigel R Andrew
Centre for Behavioural and Physiological Ecology, Zoology, University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia
J Insect Physiol 59:870-80. 2013..Here, we test how a population of the dominant ant species, Iridomyrmex purpureus, from temperate Australia responds to thermal stress...
- Repeated measurement of the attention components of patients with multiple sclerosis using the Attention Network Test-Interaction (ANT-I): stability, isolability, robustness, and reliabilityYoko Ishigami
Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University, Life Science Center, 1355 Oxford Street, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2, Canada
J Neurosci Methods 216:1-9. 2013The Attention Network Test (ANT) assesses the networks of attention (alerting, orienting, and executive control)...
- An ant's-eye view of an ant-plant protection mutualismM C Lanan
Arizona Research Laboratories, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Oecologia 172:779-90. 2013b>Ant protection of extrafloral nectar (EFN)-secreting plants is a common form of mutualism found in most habitats around the world...
- Imported fire ants near the edge of their range: disturbance and moisture determine prevalence and impact of an invasive social insectEdward G LeBrun
Brackenridge Field Laboratory, Section of Integrative Biology, University of Texas at Austin, 2907 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703, USA
J Anim Ecol 81:884-95. 2012..2. Dramatic losses in ant diversity followed the invasion of central Texas by red imported fire ants (Solenopsis invicta)...
- Microorganisms transported by ants induce changes in floral nectar composition of an ant-pollinated plantClara De Vega
Estacion Biologica de Donana, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Avenida de Américo Vespucio s n 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Am J Bot 100:792-800. 2013..But this novel role for ants has never been tested. We here investigate the effects of nectarivorous ants and their associated yeasts on the floral nectar sugar composition of an ant-pollinated plant.
- A novel type of nutritional ant-plant interaction: ant partners of carnivorous pitcher plants prevent nutrient export by dipteran pitcher infaunaMathias Scharmann
Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e63556. 2013..The ant Camponotus schmitzi is an obligate inhabitant of the carnivorous pitcher plant Nepenthes bicalcarata in Borneo...
- Evolution of extrafloral nectaries: adaptive process and selective regime changes from forest to savannaAnselmo Nogueira
Departamento de Botanica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Evol Biol 25:2325-40. 2012Much effort has been devoted to understanding the function of extrafloral nectaries (EFNs) for ant-plant-herbivore interactions...
- Structure-function relationship of Vpr: biological implicationsNelly Morellet
INSERM, U640, Paris, France
Curr HIV Res 7:184-210. 2009..The aim of this review is to run through these mutations using the available information on sequences and discuss their effect on the functions of Vpr from the point of view of its structure...
- Change in biomass of symbiotic ants throughout the ontogeny of a myrmecophyte, Macaranga beccariana (Euphorbiaceae)Chihiro Handa
Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Yoshida nihonmatsu, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Plant Res 126:73-9. 2013Macaranga myrmecophytes (ant-plants) provide their partner symbiotic ants (plant-ants) with food bodies as their main food, and they are protected by the plant-ants from herbivores...
- Composition of extrafloral nectar influences interactions between the myrmecophyte Humboldtia brunonis and its ant associatesMegha Shenoy
Center for Industrial Ecology, School of Forestry and Environment, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
J Chem Ecol 38:88-99. 2012b>Ant-plant interactions often are mediated by extrafloral nectar (EFN) composition that may influence plant visitation by ants...
- Nicotine stimulates secretion of corticosterone via both CRH and AVP receptorsKabirullah Lutfy
Division of Endocrinology, Molecular Medicine and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Sciences David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurochem 120:1108-16. 2012..We used the CRH-R1-specific antagonist, antalarmin (ANT), the CRH-R1 and CRH-R2 peptide antagonist, astressin (AST), and the CRH-R2-specific peptide antagonist, ..
- Sublethal effects of invasive fire ant venom on a native lizardKatherine E Boronow
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Exp Zool A Ecol Genet Physiol 313:17-23. 2010..In this study we aim to characterize the sublethal effects of invasive fire ant venom on a native vertebrate, the eastern fence lizard (Sceloporus undulatus), and to determine whether lizard ..
- Cation modulation of GABA(A) receptors in brain sections of AT and ANT ratsM Uusi-Oukari
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Turku, 20520 Turku, Finland
Alcohol 25:69-75. 2001..whether putative Mg(2+)-binding sites differ between two rat lines, alcohol-insensitive (AT) and alcohol-sensitive (ANT) rats, selectively outbred for differential sensitivity to the motor-impairing effect of ethanol, we compared the ..
- Antineoplastic therapy use in patients with advanced cancer admitted to an acute palliative care unit at a comprehensive cancer center: a simultaneous care modelDavid Hui
Department of Palliative Care and Rehabilitation Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 116:2036-43. 2010..The role of antineoplastic therapy (ANT) in these patients remains controversial...
- Correlations between spatiotemporal changes in gene expression and apoptosis underlie wing polyphenism in the ant Pheidole morrisiSeba Jamal Shbailat
Department of Biology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Evol Dev 12:580-91. 2010..The gene network underlying wing polyphenism, however, is conserved in the winged castes of different ant species, but is interrupted at different points in the network in the wingless castes of these species...
- Spatial distribution of dominant arboreal ants in a malagasy coastal rainforest: gaps and presence of an invasive speciesAlain Dejean
Ecologie des Forêts de Guyane, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8172, Campus agronomique, BP 709, Kourou, France
PLoS ONE 5:e9319. 2010..three belt transects located at increasing distances from the coast to determine whether a non-random arboreal ant assemblage, such as an ant mosaic, exists in the rainforest on the Masoala Peninsula, Madagascar...
- Food-plant niche selection rather than the presence of ant nests explains oviposition patterns in the myrmecophilous butterfly genus MaculineaJ A Thomas
NERC Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Dorset, UK
Proc Biol Sci 268:471-7. 2001It has been suggested that the socially parasitic butterfly Maculinea alcon detects ant odours before ovipositing on initial larval food plants near colonies of its obligate ant host Myrmica ruginodis...
- Do extrafloral nectar resources, species abundances, and body sizes contribute to the structure of ant-plant mutualistic networks?Scott A Chamberlain
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
Oecologia 164:741-50. 2010..In this study, we examined the contributions of plant and ant abundance, plant and ant size, and plant EF nectar resources to the network structures of nestedness and ..
- Spatial scale and density dependence in a host parasitoid system: an arboreal ant, Azteca instabilis, and its Pseudacteon phorid parasitoidStacy M Philpott
Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Toledo, 2801 W Bancroft St, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Environ Entomol 38:790-6. 2009..phorid flies on Azteca instabilis F. Smith ant hosts...
- Range expansion drives dispersal evolution in an equatorial three-species symbiosisGuillaume Léotard
Centre d Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Evolutive UMR 5175, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 4:e5377. 2009..However, how much the biology and ecology of species is changed by range dynamics has seldom been investigated, particularly in equatorial regions...
- ANGIOTENSIN II AND BRADYKININ IN CARDIAC HYPERTROPHYLOUIS DELL ITALIA; Fiscal Year: 2002..and accumulation of bradykinin (BK), while the beneficial effect of ANG II type-1 (AT1) receptor antagonists (AT1-ant) is mediated by blockade of the AT1 receptor...
- ANT Defects in Neurodegenerative DiseasesDouglas Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2005..Humans have three ANT isoform genes: the heart-muscle ANT1, the inducible ANT2, and the constitutive ANT3...
- CHEMICAL CONTROL OF SOCIAL BEHAVIORMichael Greene; Fiscal Year: 2003..using a comparative model system: the chemical control of social behavior in a social insect, the harvester ant (Pogonomyrmex barbatus)...
- RECEPTOR-TARGETED COPPER RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS FOR CANCER IMAGING AND THERAPYCarolyn Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose to utilize the most promising somatostatin antagonist, sst2-ANT, conjugated to CB-TE2A, which complexes copper more stably in vivo than any other chelator investigated thus far...
- RECEPTOR-TARGETED COPPER RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS FOR CANCER IMAGING AND THERAPYCarolyn J Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to utilize the most promising somatostatin antagonist, sst2-ANT, conjugated to CB-TE2A, which complexes copper more stably in vivo than any other chelator investigated thus far...
- Astrocyte-mediated neuroprotection after CNS injuryRobert McKeon; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have discovered that expression of the Adenine Nucleotide Translocator-1 (Ant1) by reactive astrocytes increases after cortical injury and that this increase is mediated by the injury-induced ..
- Molecular Dissection of the Permeability Transition PoreMichael Forte; Fiscal Year: 2007..formed at inner/outer membrane contact sites through the interaction of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) of the IMM, VDAC in the OMM and a matrix regulatory protein, mitochondrial cyclophilin D (CyP-D)...
- NEURAL CONTROL OF GASTROINTESTINAL ACTIVITYMichael Gershon; Fiscal Year: 1999..We now propose to define the enteric microcircuit responsible for this reflex ant to analyze the role played by 5-HT in its initiation and propagation...
- PKC EPSILON AND SRC PTK SIGNALING IN PRECONDITIONINGPeipei Ping; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interestingly, we identified the cardiac isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1) as a member of the PKCepsilon sub-proteome...
- ALKALOID SYNTHESIS VIA 2-AZAALLYL ANION CYCLOADDITIONSWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 1999..It is stated that examples include the acetyl choline receptor complex inhibitor (-)-indolizidine 209B, the ant venom and trail-following compound (+)-monomorine, the newly discovered anticancer alkaloid lapidaformine, the ..
- Applied Research on Antimicrobial Resistance (AR)Ruth Lynfield; Fiscal Year: 2006..We plan to construct a utilization profile comprised of individual elements such as length-of-stay ant procedures. We will also collect indirect costs, such as days lost from work, through case interviews...
- Ant-induced cell death and human degenerative diseasesXin Jie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..disease caused by mutations in nuclear-encoded proteins, such as the adenine nucleotide translocase isoform 1 (Ant1). Ant1 catalyzes the ADP/ATP exchange across the mitochondrial inner membrane...
- The Mitochondrial Permeabilty Transition in ApoptosisBrian Herman; Fiscal Year: 2005..of the outer membrane voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC), the inner membrane adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) and matrix cyclophilin D (CypD)...
- OBESE FEMALE RESTRAINED EATERS : TWO TREATMENT OPTIONSJudith Stern; Fiscal Year: 2002..Restrained eaters are individuals who are chronically concerned about their weight ant attempt to control or reduce it by limiting their energy intake...
- Predictors of Gait and Falls in Aging: Linking Cognitive Control to GenesRoee Holtzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..We further propose a complementary neuroscience approach using the Attention Networks Test (ANT) to examine how empirically defined components of attention (alerting, orienting, executive attention) are related ..
- Aging-related mitochondrial degeneration and degenerative diseasesXin Jie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..External Ophthalmoplegia (adPEO), caused by gain-of-function mutations in the adenine nucleotide translocase (Ant). Ant is normally involved in ADP/ATP exchange across the mitochondrial inner membrane...
- Demand for Older WorkersJOHN ABOWD; Fiscal Year: 2004..There are two sides to these experiences: (1) the decisions of the individuals ant heir households and (2) the decisions of the employers...