Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC25A4
Description: solute carrier family 25 (mitochondrial carrier; adenine nucleotide translocator), member 4
Alias: AAC1, ANT, ANT 1, ANT1, MTDPS12, PEO2, PEO3, ADP,ATP carrier protein 1, ADP,ATP carrier protein, heart/skeletal muscle, ADP/ATP translocase 1, adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (skeletal muscle), heart/skeletal muscle ATP/ADP translocator, solute carrier family 25 member 4
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- A comparative analysis of morphological and ecological characters of European aphids and lycaenids in relation to ant attendanceBernhard Stadler
Bayreuth Institute for Terrestrial Ecosystem Research, University of Bayreuth, 95440, Bayreuth, Germany
Oecologia 135:422-30. 2003..ants and aphids/lycaenids and (2) contrast different taxonomic levels with respect to the variance explained by ant attendance...
- Correlation between expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and the presence of CD4+ infiltrating T-lymphocyte in human primary hepatocellular carcinomaYa Wei Gao
Department of Immunology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, PR China
Hepatogastroenterology 55:345-50. 2008..the relationship among Cox-2, CD4+ TIL of tumor and CD4+ infiltrating T-lymphocytes of adjoining non-tumorous (ANT) tissues in tumor-microenvironment...
- Control of mitochondrial membrane permeabilization by adenine nucleotide translocator interacting with HIV-1 viral protein rR and Bcl-2E Jacotot
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 1599, Institut Gustave Roussy, F 94805 Villejuif, France
J Exp Med 193:509-19. 2001..the voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC) in the outer membrane (OM) and the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) in the inner membrane...
- Increased levels of adenine nucleotide translocator 1 protein and response to oxidative stress are early events in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy muscleDalila Laoudj-Chenivesse
Centre de Recherche en Biochimie et Macromoléculaire, FRE 2593 CNRS, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:216-24. 2005..any of the 4q35 genes, among which is the heart and muscle-specific isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT1)...
- Bax and adenine nucleotide translocator cooperate in the mitochondrial control of apoptosisI Marzo
CNRS, UPR 420, 19 rue Guy Moquet, F 94801 Villejuif, France
Science 281:2027-31. 1998..permeabilize membranes in response to atractyloside, a proapoptotic ligand of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT). Bax and ANT coimmunoprecipitated and interacted in the yeast two-hybrid system...
- Mitochondrial control of cell death induced by HIV-1-encoded proteinsK F Ferri
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR1599, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, F 94805 Villejuif, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 926:149-64. 2000..Vpr exemplifies a direct MMP inducer. Vpr binds to the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT), a mitochondrial inner membrane protein which also interacts with apoptosis-regulatory proteins from the Bcl-2/Bax ..
- The HIV-1 viral protein R induces apoptosis via a direct effect on the mitochondrial permeability transition poreE Jacotot
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, F 94801 Villejuif, France
J Exp Med 191:33-46. 2000..membranes containing the purified PTPC or defined PTPC components such as the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) combined with Bax. Again, this effect is prevented by addition of recombinant Bcl-2...
- Vpr R77Q is associated with long-term nonprogressive HIV infection and impaired induction of apoptosisJulian J Lum
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 111:1547-54. 2003..These data highlight the pathophysiologic role of Vpr in HIV-induced immune disease and suggest a novel mechanism of LTNP...
- Cyclophilin-D binds strongly to complexes of the voltage-dependent anion channel and the adenine nucleotide translocase to form the permeability transition poreM Crompton
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, UK
Eur J Biochem 258:729-35. 1998....
- [Mediators of the vascular endothelium as markers of myocardial ischemia and reperfusion]D Jambou
Service de cardiologie, , Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:57-62. 1993..relaxing factors" (EDRFs) nitrous oxide, prostacyclin, which are vasodilators and platelet antiaggregants ant the "endothelium-derived contracting factors" (EDCFs), endothelin, PGH2, oxygen-free radicals which are ..
- Genomic characterization of Tv-ant-1, a Caenorhabditis elegans tag-61 homologue from the parasitic nematode Trichostrongylus vitrinusMin Hu
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Gene 397:12-25. 2007A full-length cDNA (Tv-ant-1) encoding an adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT or ADP/ATP translocase) (Tv-ANT-1) was isolated from Trichostrongylus vitrinus (order Strongylida), an economically important parasitic nematode of small ..
- The adenine nucleotide translocase type 1 (ANT1): a new factor in mitochondrial diseaseJ Daniel Sharer
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
IUBMB Life 57:607-14. 2005..are associated with dysfunction of the heart and muscle-specific isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1), a nDNA gene product that facilitates transport of ATP and ADP across the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- [Characteristics of adenine nucleotide translocator in mitochondria of rat cerebral cortex during hypobaric hypoxia exposure.]Li Fen Chen
Department of Pathophysiology, College of High Altitude Military Medicine, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 58:29-33. 2006..the present study was to explore the effects of hypoxic exposure on mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) activity and its characteristics...
- Isolation, nucleotide identification and tissue expression of three novel ovine genes-SLC25A4, SLC25A5 and SLC25A6Liangyu Yang
Faculty of Animal Science and Technology, Yunnan Agricultural University, Kunming 650201, China
Mol Biol Rep 37:2743-8. 2010The complete coding sequences of three of sheep genes SLC25A4, SLC25A5 and SLC25A6 were firstly amplified using the reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) according to the conserved sequence information of the cattle or ..
- Dominant membrane uncoupling by mutant adenine nucleotide translocase in mitochondrial diseasesXiaowen Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, NY 13210, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:4036-44. 2008..Ant also possesses a discrete membrane uncoupling activity. Specific mis-sense mutations in the human Ant1 cause autosomal dominant Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia (adPEO), mitochondrial myopathy and cardiomyopathy, ..
- Fatal anaphylaxis to indoor native fire ant stings in an infantDaniel R More
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Luke AFB, Arizona 85309, USA
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 29:62-3. 2008..The following is a report of fatal anaphylaxis to a native fire ant sting in an infant that occurred indoors at a daycare facility. A 3-month-old female was left unattended on a bed...
- [Effects of gonadotropin releasing hormone analogues on chemotherapy-induced ovarian function damage in rats]Ping Peng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:546-50. 2007To investigate the effects of gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist (GnRH-a) and antagonist (GnRH-ant) on cyclophosphamide (CTX)-induced ovarian damage in rats.
- TGF-beta1 induction of the adenine nucleotide translocator 1 in astrocytes occurs through Smads and Sp1 transcription factorsAlick K T Law
Department of Physiology, Emory University, Atlanta, USA
BMC Neurosci 5:1. 2004The adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (Ant1) is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein involved with energy mobilization during oxidative phosphorylation...
- Look before leaping: foraging selectivity of capuchin monkeys on acacia trees in Costa RicaHilary Young
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, T2N IN4 Calgary, AB, Canada
Oecologia 155:85-92. 2008..Depending on the size and species of ant colony, individual acacia trees may be differentially protected...
- [Ant venoms: a rare cause of allergic reactions in Switzerland]J D Seebach
Departement fur Innere Medizin, Medizinische Klinik A, Universitatsspital, Ramistrasse 100, C HOER 31 CH 8091 Zürich
Schweiz Med Wochenschr 130:1805-13. 2000..several patients with sensitisation or allergy to the venom of imported fire ants (Solenopsis), a species of ant found in the Americas...
- Effects of oil pollution at Kuwait's greater Al-Burgan oil field on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon concentrations in the tissues of the desert lizard Acanthodactylus scutellatus and their ant preyMona A Al-Hashem
Department of Biological Sciences, Kuwait University, Safat, State of Kuwait
Ecotoxicology 16:551-5. 2007..Ants from the same sites were also collected and treated in a similar manner. Lizard and ant whole body tissues were subjected to gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) to determine concentrations of ..
- Adenine nucleotide translocator 1 deficiency increases resistance of mouse brain and neurons to excitotoxic insultsJaewon Lee
Center for Molecular and Mitochondrial Medicine and Genetics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3940, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:364-70. 2009..The mouse has three Ant isoforms: Ant1 expressed in heart, muscle, and brain; Ant2 expressed in all tissues but muscle; and Ant4 expressed primarily in ..
- MITOCHIP assessment of differential gene expression in the skeletal muscle of Ant1 knockout mice: coordinate regulation of OXPHOS, antioxidant, and apoptotic genesVaidya Subramaniam
Center of Molecular and Mitochondrial Medicine and Genetics MAMMAG and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California Irvine, 2010 Hewitt Hall, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1777:666-75. 2008Genetic inactivation of the nuclear-encoded mitochondrial heart-muscle adenine nucleotide translocator-1 (ANT1), which exports mitochondrial ATP to the cytosol in both humans (ANT1-/-) and mice (Ant1-/-), results in lactic acidosis and ..
- Leptin and thyroxine during sexual development in male monkeys: effect of neonatal gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist treatment and delayed puberty on the developmental pattern of leptin and thyroxine secretionD R Mann
Department of Physiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 146:891-8. 2002Neonatal treatment of male monkeys with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist (Ant) increased the incidence of delayed puberty...
- [Exploration of left ventricular relaxation using gamma-angiography in 70 hypertensive subjects. Practical consequences and implications]J P Ollivier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1109-14. 1989This study was performed to evaluate the incidence ant the practical consequences of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in hypertensive...
- The origin of the attine ant-fungus mutualismU G Mueller
Section of Integrative Biology, Patterson Laboratories, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Q Rev Biol 76:169-97. 2001..1894), in rotting wood (Forel 1902), as mycorrhizae (Garling 1979), on arthropod corpses (von Ihering 1894) or ant faeces in nest middens (Wheeler 1907)...
- Effects of large mammalian herbivores and ant symbionts on condensed tannins of Acacia drepanolobium in KenyaDavid Ward
Mitrani Department for Desert Ecology and Ramon Science Centre, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Sede Boqer, Israel
J Chem Ecol 28:921-37. 2002..total exclusion, antelope only, and megaherbivore (elephants and giraffes) + antelope] and with four different ant symbiont species on the trees...
- Adenine nucleotide (ADP/ATP) translocase 3 participates in the tumor necrosis factor induced apoptosis of MCF-7 cellsZiqiang Yang
National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Mol Biol Cell 18:4681-9. 2007Mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is believed to be a component or a regulatory component of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mtPTP), which controls mitochondrial permeability transition during apoptosis...
- Presence of a group II intron in a multiresistant Serratia marcescens strain that harbors three integrons and a novel gene fusionDaniela Centron
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1402-9. 2002..By PCR, hybridization, and sequencing analyses, we found that integron 1 has the dfrA1 and ant(3")-Ia cassettes...
- Ant behaviour and seed morphology: a missing link of myrmecochoryCrisanto Gómez
Departament de Ciències Ambientals, Universitat de Girona, 17071 Girona, Spain
Oecologia 146:244-6. 2005..When seeds mature or fall onto the ground, these ant species transport them to their nest...
- Diminished cardioprotective response to inhibition of angiotensin-converting enzyme and angiotensin II type 1 receptor in B(2) kinin receptor gene knockout miceX P Yang
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Circ Res 88:1072-9. 2001..effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEi) or angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonists (AT(1)-ant), whereas lack of B(2) receptors may diminish this cardioprotective effect...
- Aggressive interactions between Solenopsis invicta and Linepithema humile (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) under laboratory conditionsJ N Kabashima
University of California Cooperative Extension Orange County, 1045 Arlington Dr, Gate 4, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
J Econ Entomol 100:148-54. 2007The Argentine ant, Linepithema humile (Mayr), and the red imported fire ant, Solenopsis invicta Buren, are natural agonists in their country of origin. Since the first report of L...
- Compatibility of imported fire ant whole body extract with cat, ragweed, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, and timothy grass allergensTonya S Rans
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas 78236, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 102:57-61. 2009Recommendations regarding the administration of imported fire ant whole body extract (IFA WBE) combined with aeroallergens or environmental allergens in a single immunotherapy injection are lacking.
- Hormone responses to sedative drugs and cold exposure in two rat lines with high and low alcohol sensitivityE R Korpi
Research Laboratories, Alko Ltd, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 41:795-9. 1992..The alcohol-sensitive ANT rats had significantly lower plasma corticosterone concentrations than the alcohol-insensitive AT rats 30 min after ..
- The adenine nucleotide translocase: a central component of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore and key player in cell deathAndrew P Halestrap
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Curr Med Chem 10:1507-25. 2003In addition to its normal function, the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) forms the inner membrane channel of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore (MPTP)...
- Eliminating the Ant1 isoform produces a mouse with CPEO pathology but normal ocular motilityHang Yin
Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur, Georgia 30033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:4555-62. 2005The adenine nucleotide transporter 1 gene (ANT1) encodes an inner mitochondrial membrane protein that transports ATP into the cell. Mutations within ANT1 produce a syndrome of chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia (CPEO) in humans...
- Biodiversity loss in Latin American coffee landscapes: review of the evidence on ants, birds, and treesStacy M Philpott
Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center, Washington, DC 20013, USA
Conserv Biol 22:1093-1105. 2008..We quantitatively reviewed data from ant, bird, and tree biodiversity studies in coffee agroecosystems to address the following questions: Does species ..
- Impact of adenosine nucleotide translocase (ANT) proline isomerization on Ca2+-induced cysteine relative mobility/mitochondrial permeability transition poreCezar R Pestana
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Bioenerg Biomembr 42:329-35. 2010Mitochondrial membrane carriers containing proline and cysteine, such as adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT), are potential targets of cyclophilin D (CyP-D) and potential Ca(2+)-induced permeability transition pore (PTP) components or ..
- The interaction between Cistaceae and a highly specific seed-harvester ant in a Mediterranean scrublandF Bastida
Departamento de Ciencias Agroforestales, Universidad de Huelva, Huelva, Spain
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 11:46-56. 2009We studied the interaction between the ant Goniomma kugleri and Cistaceae in a Cistus ladanifer-dominated scrubland, in southwestern Spain...
- Carboxyatractyloside effects on brown-fat mitochondria imply that the adenine nucleotide translocator isoforms ANT1 and ANT2 may be responsible for basal and fatty-acid-induced uncoupling respectivelyIrina G Shabalina
The Wenner Gren Institute, The Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem J 399:405-14. 2006..However, in liver, only Ant2 mRNA was found, whereas in brown adipose tissue, Ant1 and Ant2 mRNA levels were equal...
- Catching ants with honey: an experimental test of distraction and satiation as alternative modes of escape from flower-damaging antsCandace Galen
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, 105 Tucker Hall, Columbia, MO 65211 7400, USA
Oecologia 144:80-7. 2005..hypothesis, extrafloral nectaries (EFN) evolved under selection to entice ants away from floral nectaries, reducing ant-mediated damage to flowers and/or interference with pollinators...
- Wolbachia transmission dynamics in Formica wood antsLumi Viljakainen
Department of Biology, PO Box 3000, 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
BMC Evol Biol 8:55. 2008..compared the sequence diversity of wsp (Wolbachia surface protein gene) and the host mtDNA in a group of Formica ant species that have diverged approximately 0.5 million years ago (MYA)...
- The role of extrafloral nectar amino acids for the preferences of facultative and obligate ant mutualistsMarcia González-Teuber
Department of General Botany Plant Ecology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Chem Ecol 35:459-68. 2009..Among Mesoamerican Acacia species, obligate myrmecophytes produce EFN constitutively to nourish symbiotic ant mutualists, while non-myrmecophytes induce EFN secretion in response to herbivore damage to attract non-symbiotic ..
- Changes in monoterpene emission rates of Quercus ilex infested by aphids tended by native or invasive Lasius ant speciesCarolina I Paris
Department of Animal Biology, Plant Biology and Ecology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Edifici C, Campus de Bellaterra UAB, Cerdanyola del Vallès Bellaterra, 08193, Barcelona, Spain
J Chem Ecol 36:689-98. 2010..The effect of Lachnus roboris aphids and two different tending ant species on terpene emission rates of 4-year-old holm oak (Quercus ilex) saplings was investigated during a field ..
- Stability of Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper) Ant venom for use in immunotherapyMichael D Wiese
School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, GPO Box 2471, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, Australia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:303-10. 2011Allergy to Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper Ant) venom is common in Australia, affecting ∼2.7% of some communities...
- Ectopic expression of the human adenine nucleotide translocase, isoform 3 (ANT-3). Characterization of ligand binding propertiesA K Carroll
MitoKor, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mitochondrion 5:1-13. 2005The adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is a key component in maintaining cellular energy homeostasis, and has also been implicated in formation of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore...
- The effect of anthracene and phenanthrene on the growth, photosynthesis, and SOD activity of the green alga Scenedesmus armatus depends on the PAR irradiance and CO2 levelA Aksmann
Department of Plant Physiology, University of Gdansk, al MarszaŁka PiŁsudskiego 46, 81 378 Gdynia, Poland
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 47:177-84. 2004Short-term (24-h) experiments were performed to examine the effect of phenanthrene (PHE) and anthracene (ANT) on algae grown in a batch culture system at irradiances of 12, 33, 48, and 64 W m(-2) of the PAR range...
- Use of antibiotics and roxarsone in broiler chickens in the USA: analysis for the years 1995 to 2000H D Chapman
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
Poult Sci 81:356-64. 2002In 1995, an antibiotic (ANT) was used in starter, grower, and withdrawal (WD) feeds by 94.3, 98.2, and 75.1% of broiler production units, but by 2000, ANT use had declined to 64.8, 66.9, and 48.1% respectively...
- Ca(2+) binding to c-state of adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT)-surrounding cardiolipins enhances (ANT)-Cys(56) relative mobility: a computational-based mitochondrial permeability transition studyCezar R Pestana
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 14040 903 Ribeirão Preto SP, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:176-82. 2009The oxidation of critical cysteines/related thiols of adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is believed to be an important event of the Ca(2+)-induced mitochondrial permeability transition (MPT), a process mediated by a cyclosporine A/ADP-..
- Inhibition of ovulation in the rat by a leukotriene B(4) receptor antagonistM Matousek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 7:35-42. 2001..B(4) in the ovulatory process of the rat was investigated by the use of a LTB(4)-receptor antagonist (ZK158252 = L-ANT) administered either intrabursally in vivo or to the in-vitro perfused ovary...
- NMR-based analysis of aminoglycoside recognition by the resistance enzyme ANT(4'): the pattern of OH/NH3(+) substitution determines the preferred antibiotic binding mode and is critical for drug inactivationJulia Revuelta
Instituto de Química Orgánica general CSIC, Madrid 28006, Spain
J Am Chem Soc 130:5086-103. 2008..Herein, we analyze several key aspects of the aminoglycoside recognition by the resistance enzyme ANT(4') from Staphylococcus aureus, employing NMR complemented with site-directed mutagenesis experiments and ..
- Cloning of two pectate lyase genes from the marine Antarctic bacterium Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis strain ANT/505 and characterization of the enzymesL V Truong
Institute of Biotechnology, National Center of Natural Science and Technology, Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
Extremophiles 5:35-44. 2001A marine Antarctic psychrotolerant bacterium (strain ANT/505), isolated from sea ice-covered surface water from the Southern Ocean, showed pectinolytic activity on citrus pectin agar...
- Accelerated mitochondrial adenosine diphosphate/adenosine triphosphate transport improves hypertension-induced heart diseaseThomas Walther
Charite Universitatsmedizin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Cardiology and Pneumonology, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 115:333-44. 2007..An adequate exchange of ATP and ADP over the inner mitochondrial membrane by the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is thereby essential to guarantee the cellular energy supply.
- Thermal ecology of the neotropical army ant Eciton burchelliiJoe E Meisel
Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Ecol Appl 16:913-22. 2006I explored the thermal ecology of Eciton burchellii, a New World army ant, in primary forest and forest fragments in the Atlantic lowlands of Costa Rica in 2002 and 2003...
- Plant genotype shapes ant-aphid interactions: implications for community structure and indirect plant defenseKailen A Mooney
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Am Nat 171:E195-205. 2008..Populations of the ant-tended aphid Aphis asclepiadis and the untended aphid Myzocallis asclepiadis varied eight- to 18-fold among ..
- Ant mimicry by an aphid parasitoid, Lysiphlebus fabarumArash Rasekh
Department of Plant Protection, College of Agriculture, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
J Insect Sci 10:126. 2010..Aphis fabae Scopoli (Hemiptera: Aphididae), that possesses various highly evolved adaptations for foraging within ant-tended aphid colonies...
- Trade-offs underlying polyphagy in a facultative ant-tended florivorous butterfly: the role of host plant quality and enemy-free spaceDaniela Rodrigues
Departamento de Biologia Animal, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Oecologia 163:719-28. 2010..Plant traits such as presence of ant-treehopper associations as a source of enemy-free space, flower bud dimensions, toughness, thickness, trichomes, ..
- Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper) ant venom: identification of allergens and revised nomenclatureM D Wiese
Department of Pharmacy, Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Allergy 62:437-43. 2007The 'Jack Jumper Ant' (JJA; Myrmecia pilosula species complex) is the major cause of ant sting anaphylaxis in Australia...
- [Restless legs syndrome and periodic leg movements during sleep in patients with sleep apnea--a therapeutic problem?]P Dorow
Medizinische Klinik I, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Pneumologie 51:716-20. 1997..Simultaneous videorecordings and EMG of mm. tibialis ant. ensure diagnosis. Therapeutic regime may be difficult due to failure or side effects, however...
- Enhancement of fibrinolytic activity in vascular endothelial cells by heterologous expression of adenine nucleotide translocase-1Chikako Ishida
Department of Physiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Ohno Higashi, Osakasayama, Osaka, Japan
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:272-8. 2010..Its amino acid sequence has matched that of human adenine nucleotide translocase-1 (ANT1)...
- The congenital "ant-egg" cataract phenotype is caused by a missense mutation in connexin46Lars Hansen
The Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, Institute of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Vis 12:1033-9. 2006b>Ant-egg" cataract is a rare, distinct variety of congenital/infantile cataract that was reported in a large Danish family in 1967...
- The evolution of genome size in antsNeil D Tsutsui
Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
BMC Evol Biol 8:64. 2008..is a useful and necessary prerequisite for the development of many genomic resources, yet it has been reported for only one ant species (Solenopsis invicta), and the two published estimates for this species differ by 146.7 Mb (0.15 pg).
- Fire ant-detecting canines: a complementary method in detecting red imported fire antsHui Min Lin
Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 128 Sec 2, Academia Rd, Nankang, 11592, Taiwan
J Econ Entomol 104:225-31. 2011..The methodology could assist in reducing the frequency and scope of chemical treatments for red imported fire ant management and thus reduce labor costs and chemical use as well as improve control and quarantine efficiency...
- Preparation and biological evaluation of 64Cu-CB-TE2A-sst2-ANT, a somatostatin antagonist for PET imaging of somatostatin receptor-positive tumorsThaddeus J Wadas
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Nucl Med 49:1819-27. 2008Recently, the somatostatin receptor subtype 2 (SSTR2) selective antagonist sst2-ANT was determined to have a high affinity for SSTR2...
- Preference of food particle size among several urban ant speciesLinda M Hooper-Bùi
Department of Entomology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Econ Entomol 95:1222-8. 2002Appropriate particle size may be a critical characteristic for effective granular ant baits. We examined the particle size preference of six species of pest ants to an anchovy-based bait...
- [Analysis on 168 rRNA methylase genes and aminoglycoside modifying enzymes genes in Enterobacter cloacae in China]Zhi Mi Huang
Microbiology Laboratory, 98th Hospital of People s Liberation Army, Huzhou 313000, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 29:369-73. 2008..To investigate the 16S rRNA methylase genes and Aminoglycoside modifying enzymes (AMEs) genes in Enterobacter cloacae isolated from the People's Liberation Army 98th Hospital, Huzhou district, Zhejiang province, China...
- Effects of habitat fragmentation and degradation on flocks of African ant-following birdsMarcell K Peters
Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum A Koenig, Adenauerallee 160, D 53113 Bonn, Germany
Ecol Appl 18:847-58. 2008..neglected) ecological phenomena in African rain forests is the interaction between swarm-raiding army ants and ant-following birds...
- Habitat complexity facilitates coexistence in a tropical ant communityM Sarty
School of Biological Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, P O Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
Oecologia 149:465-73. 2006The role of habitat complexity in the coexistence of ant species is poorly understood. Here, we examine the influence of habitat complexity on coexistence patterns in ant communities of the remote Pacific atoll of Tokelau...
- Evolutionary history of Wolbachia infections in the fire ant Solenopsis invictaMichael E Ahrens
Department of Entomology, 643 Russell Labs, 1630 Linden Drive, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 USA
BMC Evol Biol 5:35. 2005..Wolbachia genome infecting 138 individuals from eleven geographically distributed native populations of the fire ant Solenopsis invicta...
- Imported fire ant stings: clinical manifestations and treatmentP R Cohen
Department of Dermatology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77030
Pediatr Dermatol 9:44-8. 1992..child developed a characteristic localized cutaneous reaction at the sites of numerous stings after disturbing an ant mound. He experienced no secondary complications, and his pustular lesions resolved with conservative treatment.
- [Calcified aortic stenosis in patients over 80 years of age. Results of surgical treatment. Observations in 67 consecutive cases]Y Logeais
Clinique chirurgicale cardiovasculaire et thoracique, , Rennes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1397-9. 1990..1988 for calcific aortic stenosis in 67 consecutive patients over 80 years of age; the operative risk is assessed ant the results are compared with those of balloon valvuloplasty...
- Over-expression of adenine nucleotide translocase 1 (ANT1) induces apoptosis and tumor regression in vivoJi Young Jang
Department of Pathology, Tumor Immunity Medical Research Center, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yeongeon dong, Jongno gu, Seoul 110 799, South Korea
BMC Cancer 8:160. 2008..Human ANT has four isoforms (ANT1, ANT2, ANT3, and ANT4), and the expression of the ANT isoforms is variable depending on the tissue and cell type, ..
- Adherence to imported fire ant subcutaneous immunotherapyShayne C Stokes
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, TX 78236, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 110:165-7. 2013Imported fire ant (IFA) subcutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT) is safe and effective. For optimal protection, SCIT is given monthly for 3 to 5 years. Successful outcomes require patient adherence.
- Ant distribution in relation to ground water in north Florida pine flatwoodsWalter R Tschinkel
Department of Biological Science, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4370, USA
J Insect Sci 12:114. 2012..Here we describe how an important abiotic variable, depth to water table, relates to ant species distributions at local scales...
- Activated protein C attenuates intestinal mucosal injury after mesenteric ischemia/reperfusionZafer Teke
Department of General Surgery, Pamukkale University, School of Medicine, Denizli, Turkey
J Surg Res 149:219-30. 2008Activated protein C (APC) is a serine protease with anticoagulant and ant-inflammatory activities. APC has been shown to attenuate deleterious effects of ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury in many organs...
- Monitoring Aethina tumida (Coleoptera: Nitidulidae) with baited bottom board traps: occurrence and seasonal abundance in honey bee colonies in KenyaBaldwyn Torto
International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology ICIPE, P O Box 30772 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Environ Entomol 39:1731-6. 2010..The ant Pheidole megacephala was identified as a key predator of larvae at this site, and more active during the dry than ..
- Non-additive benefit or cost? Disentangling the indirect effects that occur when plants bearing extrafloral nectaries and honeydew-producing insects share exotic ant mutualistsAmy M Savage
Department of Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27607, USA
Ann Bot 111:1295-307. 2013..nectar. In this study, a test was made for non-additive effects on HPI and EFN-bearing plants resulting from sharing exotic ant guards. Preferences of the dominant exotic ant species for nectar vs. honeydew resources were also examined.
- The rewards of restraint in the collective regulation of foraging by harvester ant coloniesDeborah M Gordon
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5020, USA
Nature 498:91-3. 2013..An ant colony operates without central control, regulating its activity through a network of local interactions...
- Linear antimicrobial peptides from Ectatomma quadridens ant venomKirill A Pluzhnikov
Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Ul Miklukho Maklaya, 16 10, 117997 Moscow, Russia
Biochimie 107:211-5. 2014Venoms from three poneromorph ant species (Paraponera clavata, Ectatomma quadridens and Ectatomma tuberculatum) were investigated for the growth inhibition of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It was shown that the venom of E...
- Mitochondrial gene expression in the liver and muscle of high and low feed efficiency Japanese quail layers subjected to different environmental temperaturesD M Voltolini
Departamento de Zootecnia, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 13:4940-8. 2014We evaluated the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) and cytochrome oxidase subunit III (COX III) mRNA expressions in the muscle and liver of Japanese quails presenting high and low feed efficiency (FE), and subjected them to three ..
- Wolbachia in the flesh: symbiont intensities in germ-line and somatic tissues challenge the conventional view of Wolbachia transmission routesCrystal L Frost
Institute of Integrative Biology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e95122. 2014..focused on reproductive tissues of eusocial insects, and that non-reproductive tissues of queens and workers of the ant Acromyrmex echinatior, harbour substantial infections...
- Escovopsis trichodermoides sp. nov., isolated from a nest of the lower attine ant Mycocepurus goeldiiVirginia E Masiulionis
Centro de Estudos de Insetos Sociais, Instituto de Biociencias, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Campus de Rio Claro, Rio Claro, SP, 13506 900, Brazil
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 107:731-40. 2015..The fifth species, Escovopsis aspergilloides was isolated from a nest of the higher attine ant Trachymyrmex ruthae from Trinidad...
- Linking traits of foraging animals to spatial patterns of plants: social and solitary ants generate opposing patterns of surviving seedsTal Avgar
The Movement Ecology Laboratory, Department of Evolution, Systematics and Ecology, Alexander Silberman Institute of Life Science, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Ecol Lett 11:224-34. 2008..We designed an extensive set of field experiments to test how seed predation by two harvester ant species interact with seed dispersal in shaping the spatial patterns of surviving seeds...
- Encapsulation of biogenic and synthetic polyamines by nanoparticles PEG and mPEG-anthraceneS Sanyakamdhorn
Department of Chemistry Physics, University of Quebec in Trois Rivieres, C P 500, Trois Rivieres, Quebec G9A 5H7, Canada
J Photochem Photobiol B 130:30-9. 2014..5×10(5)M(-1), KBE-333-PEG-8000=4.5×10(4)M(-1), KBE-3333-PEG-8000=2.2×10(5)M(-1), Kspm-mPEG-ant=6.5×10(5)M(-1), Kspmd-mPEG-ant=1.1×10(6)M(-1), KBE-333-mPEG-ant=2.2×10(5)M(-1) and KBE-3333-mPEG-ant=6...
- Invasion history of Solenopsis invicta (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) in Fujian, China based on mitochondrial DNA and its implications in development of a control strategyXiang Zhang
Fujian Provincial Key Laboratory of Insect Ecology, Department of Plant Protection, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University Key Laboratory of Integrated Pest Management on Crops in Fujian Taiwan, Ministry of Agriculture, Fuzhou, China
Insect Sci 21:493-8. 2014..As there were populations of red imported fire ant, S...
- Source apportionment of sedimentary hydrocarbons in the Segara Anakan Nature Reserve, IndonesiaAgung Dhamar Syakti
Fisheries and Marine Sciences Department, Jenderal Soedirman University, Kampus Perikanan Unsoed Karangwangkal, Jl dr Suparno, Purwokerto 53123, Indonesia Electronic address
Mar Pollut Bull 74:141-8. 2013..g., Ant/∑178, Fl/∑202, BaAnt/∑228, and IPyr/∑276), showed that the sources of hydrocarbons in the sediments were ..
- Mandible strike: the lethal weapon of Odontomachus opaciventris against small preyAldo De la Mora
El Colegio de la Frontera Sur, Depto Entomología Tropical, Apdo Postal 36, Tapachula 30700, Chiapas, Mexico
Behav Processes 78:64-75. 2008..study both the hunting efficiency and the flexibility of their predatory behavior, solitary hunters of the trap-jaw ant Odontomachus opaciventris were offered small prey (termites, fruit flies and tenebrionid larvae), presenting ..
- Limitation of infarct size by erythropoietin is associated with translocation of Akt to the mitochondria after reperfusionHironori Kobayashi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:812-9. 2008..increased phospho-Akt in the mitochondria and induced complex formation of Akt with adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT), a major subunit of mPTP, upon reperfusion. 3...
- The silencing of adenine nucleotide translocase isoform 1 induces oxidative stress and programmed cell death in ADF human glioblastoma cellsAnnalisa Lena
Dipartimento di Morfologia Umana e Biologia Applicata, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
FEBS J 277:2853-67. 2010..By contrast, the silencing of ANT1 isoform strongly reduced ADF cell viability by inducing a non-apoptotic cell death process resembling paraptosis...
- Comparative genomics of chemosensory protein genes reveals rapid evolution and positive selection in ant-specific duplicatesJ Kulmuni
Department of Biology and Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Finland
Heredity (Edinb) 110:538-47. 2013..Here we annotated chemosensory protein (CSP) genes from seven ant genomes and studied their evolution...
- Evidence that a transcription factor regulatory network coordinates oxidative stress response and secondary metabolism in aspergilliSung Yong Hong
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Microbiologyopen 2:144-60. 2013..A novel conserved motif 5'-T/GNT/CAAG CCNNG/AA/GC/ANT/C-3' was identified in promoters of the aflatoxin biosynthetic and stress-response genes...
- The importance of using multiple approaches for identifying emerging invasive species: the case of the Rasberry Crazy Ant in the United StatesDietrich Gotzek
Department of Entomology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e45314. 2012In the past decade, Houston, Texas has been virtually overrun by an unidentified ant species, the sudden appearance and enormous population sizes and densities of which have received national media attention...
- Ground dwelling ants as surrogates for establishing conservation priorities in the Australian wet tropicsSze Huei Yek
School of Marine and Tropical Biology, James Cook University, Townsville 4811, Australia
J Insect Sci 9:12. 2009..We identified sites of high biodiversity value across an altitudinal gradient of ground dwelling ant communities using three measures of biodiversity...
- The importance of workers for queen hibernation survival in Camponotus antsAkiyoshi Shiroto
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Yamagata University, 1 4 12 Kojirakawa machi, Yamagata shi 990 8560, Japan
Zoolog Sci 28:327-31. 2011The higher proportion of polygynous ant species in northern areas indicates that cold climates influence queen number per colony...
- Effect of an invasive ant and its chemical control on a threatened endemic Seychelles millipedeJames M Lawrence
Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology, Faculty of AgriSciences, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X01, Matieland, 7602, South Africa
Ecotoxicology 20:731-8. 2011..Here, we study the impact of the invasive African big-headed ant, Pheidole megacephala, on a small Seychelles island, Cousine, and assess the impact of this ant, and its chemical ..
- Biodiversity conservation, ecosystem functioning, and economic incentives under cocoa agroforestry intensificationD H B Bisseleua
Georg August University Goettingen, Department of Crop Science, Entomological Section, Grisebachstr 6, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Conserv Biol 23:1176-84. 2009..Here we describe the relationships between ant ecology (species richness, community composition, and abundance) and vegetation structure, ecosystem functions, and ..
- Symbiont interactions in a tripartite mutualism: exploring the presence and impact of antagonism between two fungus-growing ant mutualistsMichael Poulsen
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8748. 2010..Within both ant-fungus and ant-bacterium mutualisms, mixing of genetically distinct strains can lead to antagonistic interactions (..
- More individuals but fewer species: testing the 'more individuals hypothesis' in a diverse tropical faunaTerrence P McGlynn
Department of Biology, California State University Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA, USA
Biol Lett 6:490-3. 2010..While large-scale correlations between ant diversity and net primary productivity or temperature are reconcilable with the MIH, key elements of the hypothesis ..
- Simulated visual homing in desert ant natural environments: efficiency of skyline cuesKai Basten
Institute of Neurobiology, University of Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 28, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Biol Cybern 102:413-25. 2010..e. the skyline, provides sufficient information for visual navigation. We constructed a virtual model of the ant's environment...
- Rapid anti-pathogen response in ant societies relies on high genetic diversityLine V Ugelvig
Evolution, Behaviour and Genetics, Biology I, University of Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 31, 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Proc Biol Sci 277:2821-8. 2010..the effects of high versus low genetic diversity on both the individual and collective disease defences in the ant Cardiocondyla obscurior...
- Synergy between social and private information increases foraging efficiency in antsTomer J Czaczkes
Laboratory of Apiculture and Social Insects, School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer BN19QG, UK
Biol Lett 7:521-4. 2011..and low-quality information, such as trail pheromones, when route memory is available? Here we show that, in the ant Lasius niger, trail pheromones and route memory act synergistically during foraging; increasing walking speed and ..
- Argentine ants: A system a study genes involved in human behavioral diseaseCHRISTOPHER DAVID SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..propose to perturb the expression level of genes from the WBSCR in the social insect, Linepithema humile (Argentine ant)...
- Stochastic integrator models of collective decision-makingDeborah M Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our long-term goal is to use the red harvester ant, Pogonomyrmex barbatus, as a model for investigating the collective regulation of behavior that leads to the ..
- Regulation of variable lifespan in castes of antsHua Yan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In response to environmental cues, genetically identical individuals in the ant species Harpegnathos saltator can switch to more than 5 times longer lifespan, with changes in reproduction and ..
- Developing Male Contraceptives by Targeting ANT4Naohiro Terada; Fiscal Year: 2013..Among the four isoforms (Ant1-4) found in mammals, Ant4 is exclusively expressed in male germ cells...
- Senescence, neurodegeneration, and sensory/motor decline in a social invertebrateYsabel Milton Giraldo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The development of a social invertebrate model of aging, the ant Pheidole dentata, presents multiple advantages in the analysis of aging. 1...
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF FIRE ANT VENOMNANCY LIND; Fiscal Year: 1980..to determine the extent to which the piperidine components of the venom are responsible for the effects of fire ant stings, to investigate whether the antimicrobial activity of the venom is also due to membrane disruption, to ..
- ANT Defects in Neurodegenerative DiseasesDouglas Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2005..Humans have three ANT isoform genes: the heart-muscle ANT1, the inducible ANT2, and the constitutive ANT3...
- Studying the molecular mechanisms of social life using a novel ant model systemDANIEL KRONAUER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Here I propose to develop and use a novel genetic model system, the ant Cerapachys biroi, to study the following main questions. 1...
- CHEMICAL CONTROL OF SOCIAL BEHAVIORMichael Greene; Fiscal Year: 2003..using a comparative model system: the chemical control of social behavior in a social insect, the harvester ant (Pogonomyrmex barbatus)...
- Nanoelectrode arrays for study of the molecular mechanisms, triggers, and inhibitPeter J Burke; Fiscal Year: 2012..in the Akt signal transduction pathway, induction of hexokinase II, alteration an adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) isoform expression, down regulation of the SOC2 cytochrome c oxidase (complex IV, COX) assembly factor, mutation ..
- SECRETION AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF INSULINMichael L McDaniel; Fiscal Year: 2012..signaling by A) examining if RNA interference of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) isoforms or MTP components, VDAC &ANT, alter the physiological responses of rodent &human islets to nutrients or GSK-3 inhibition, B) evaluating the ..
- A semi field trial test on efficacy of transgenic antimalarial biocontrol fungiRaymond J St Leger; Fiscal Year: 2013..to express arthropod toxins in comparison with a strain with wild type virulence to insects but expressing ant-malarial proteins that reduce the parasite burden in mosquitoes by 98%...
- Role of CD98 Glycoprotein in Intestinal InflammationHamed Laroui; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, my third aim will investigate the site-directed delivery of ant-CD98 siRNA using non-viral vectors encapsulated in nanoparticles (NPs) as carriers effectively inhibits induced ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF MUSCLE GLUCOSE METABOLISM IN MANLawrence J Mandarino; Fiscal Year: 2013..these techniques we also propose 3) to determine how acetylation of mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1) at lysines 10, 23, and 92 regulates ANT1 structure and function...
- A Phase 0 Trial of Hydroxychloroquine in Patients with Stage III and IV ResectablJanice Mehnert; Fiscal Year: 2010..Potential proapoptotic and/or ant proliferative effects of HCQ will also be explored through the use of pre- and post-treatment activated caspase-3, ..
- ADP: A Master Regulator for Bioenergetics and Ca2+/ROS Signaling in HeartShey Shing Sheu; Fiscal Year: 2012..One indicates that adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is not required for mPTP, whereas the other depicts mPTP as a multi-protein complex, the ANT and the mitochondrial ..
- RECEPTOR-TARGETED COPPER RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS FOR CANCER IMAGING AND THERAPYCarolyn J Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2012..We propose to utilize the most promising somatostatin antagonist, sst2-ANT, conjugated to CB-TE2A, which complexes copper more stably in vivo than any other chelator investigated thus far...
- Role of mitochondria in cardiac protectionPeipei Ping; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, our preliminary data demonstrate for the first time that multiple isoforms of VDAC (VDAC1-3) and ANT (ANT1-2) are expressed in the adult mouse heart as detected by both immunoblotting (using antibodies we developed since ..
- CMV Entry-Specific Neutralizing Antibody in Primary Infection in TransplantationMargaret L Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, in the third aim, I will characterize the influence of ant-UL131-128 neutralizing antibodies in preventing late CMV disease following primary infection in liver ..
- Cardiolipin and the mitochondrial ADP/ATP carrier interactomeSTEVEN MICHAEL CLAYPOOL; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>ANT1 deficiencies and mutations have been linked to numerous diseases including hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- Mechanisms of In Vivo Ethanol-Induced Mitochondrial DepolarizationZhi Zhong; Fiscal Year: 2010..we will focus on Ca2+ cycling via the Ca2+uniporter, proton leak through the adenine nucleotide transporer (ANT), and proton leak through F0 proton channel of F1F0 ATP synthase...
- Development and Translational Assesment of a Tongue-Based Assistive Neuro-TechnolMaysam Ghovanloo; Fiscal Year: 2010..06-NS-104 Abstract/summary: Development and Translational Assessment of a Tongue-Based Assistive Neuro-Technology (ANT) for Individuals with Severe Neurological Disorders More than two million Americans suffer from paralysis as a ..
- Wireless ECoG Recording for Epilepsy MonitoringStuart F Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2013..to 29 days, which allows the recording of habitual seizure activity while the patient is on their full regimen of ant-seizure medication...
- Re-setting the Endothelial Ceramide RheostatRichard N Kolesnick; Fiscal Year: 2013..Practically, combining ant- VEGF strategies under conditions that re-set ASMase activation can be taken to the clinic almost immediately...
- NEUROTOXIC MECHANISM OF METHYLMERCURY POISONINGWilliam D Atchison; Fiscal Year: 2012..chronic adult-onset (lifetime) exposure to MeHg accelerates cerebellar synaptic dysfunction associated with aging, ant its'sensitivity to protection by Ca2+ channel blocker treatment...
- Aging-related mitochondrial degeneration and degenerative diseasesXin Jie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..External Ophthalmoplegia (adPEO), caused by gain-of-function mutations in the adenine nucleotide translocase (Ant). Ant is normally involved in ADP/ATP exchange across the mitochondrial inner membrane...
- HNE damage of adenine nucleotide translocase in ethanol-mediated neuron apoptosisGeorge I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..transition pore complex and possibly apoptosis activation, is perturbation of adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) function by 4- hydroxynonenal (HNE) adduct formation...
- Role of nebula/DSCR1 in mitochondriaKaren T Chang; Fiscal Year: 2011..addition, we found that nebula is located ih the mitochondria, interacts with the adenine nucleotide ti-ansjocator (ANT), and is important for the maintenance of nriitochondrial functipn and integrity...
- SIRT1, Nitro-Lipids and CardioprotectionPaul S Brookes; Fiscal Year: 2013..nitro-lipids is generated in IPC, and covalently adducts mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase 1 (ANT1)...
- Living Delivery Systems to Promote Vascular Development in 3D ScaffoldsJames Blanchette; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cell viability, expression of pro- and ant-apoptotic proteins, secretion of angiogenic factors and tracking osteogenic differentiation of the ASCs are some of ..
- Drug Abuse, Sustance P and HIVWenzhe Ho; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will focus on the impact of opioids and/or SP on type 1 IFN- and APOBEC3G/3F (newly identified ant-HIV factors)-mediated innate immunity against HIV-1, as these cellular factors are the key elements of anti-HIV ..
- Molecular Biology and Genetics of Human Tumor VirusesPaul F Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2013..human tumor viruses and to translate this understanding into the identification of targets for specific anti-viral, ant-tumor therapies...
- Chemoprevention of inflammation-driven lung cancerFekadu Kassie; Fiscal Year: 2013..mouse model for inflammation-driven lung cancer and showed in in vitro studies with lung cancer cell lines that the ant proliferative and apoptotic effects of I3C plus SB were paralleled b decreased activation of the pro-inflammatory ..
- Dual Action Inhibitors of Gyrase Beta and Histidine Kinases as Broad-Spectrum AntPeter B Madrid; Fiscal Year: 2010..apos; E; T-- <.-n[unreadable] _0:N O'[unreadable] >.Q -a. =-r (II N-0 Q--:nZ U)' ..
- Adoptive T Cell Therapy Following CD25 LymphodepletionCassian Yee; Fiscal Year: 2010..by a CD25hi CD4 phenotype) are found at increased levels in patients with cancer, and may thwart an effective ant-tumor T cell response by suppressing T cell activation and effector function...
- Mortality and Macroeconomic Conditions: Differential Vulnerability and MechanismJOSE A TAPIA GRANADOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of the relative contributions of different causes of death ant the vulnerability of different demographic groups will shed light on the causes of these fluctuations, and will ..
- Evaluation of marketed drugs for rapid development as anti-cryptosporidal agentsGuan Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Cryptosporidium in vitro, we plan to extend our discovery by screening all existing drugs for their potential ant-cryptosporidia activities in vitro and in vivo...
- Optimizing Peripheral Nerve Regeneration using Computational Intelligence based TXiaojun Yu; Fiscal Year: 2011..Two swarm intelligence based methods, Ant Colony Optimization (ACO) and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), will be applied in this project to train the ANN ..
- Anchor: A PDB-Wide And Web-Based Discovery Resource Of Small Molecular Weight ProALEXANDER SIEGFRIED contact DOEMLING; Fiscal Year: 2010..applicant): R21: ANCHOR: A PDB-Wide And Web-based Discovery Resource of Small Molecular Weight Protein Interaction (Ant)agonists...
- PBEF Neutralizing Humanized Monoclonal Antibodies As Novel Therapeutic ApproachesJoe G N Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2012..We therefore propose to generate humanized ant-PBEF monoclonal antibodies (P- BEFizumab) that can be used as both prophylactic and therapeutic agents in patients ..
- Molecular Identity of the Cardiac Mitochondrial PoreCHRISTOPHER PHILIP BAINES; Fiscal Year: 2013..to consist of the voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC) in the outer membrane, the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) in the inner membrane, plus a regulatory protein cyclophilin-D (CypD) in the matrix...
- Astrocyte-mediated neuroprotection after CNS injuryRobert McKeon; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have discovered that expression of the Adenine Nucleotide Translocator-1 (Ant1) by reactive astrocytes increases after cortical injury and that this increase is mediated by the injury-induced ..
- Cannabimimetic Ligands and Endocannabinoid Active SitesMAKRIYANNIS ALEXANDROS; Fiscal Year: 2011..Monacyl Glycerol Ligase (MGL), the oxidative enzyme Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), and the Anandamide Transport system (ANT)...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF CANNABINOID ACTIVITYAlexandros Makriyannis; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information was used to design, synthesize and develop later generation CBR (ant) agonists with distinct pharmacological profiles either as molecular probes or leads for medications development...
- Defining the Mechanisms by Which Plateletes Regulate AngiogenesisElisabeth M Battinelli; Fiscal Year: 2013..To investigate the role of the platelet in storage, delivery, and function of ant-angiogenic therapy...
- A Fluorescence Displacement Assay for the Biotin Biosynthetic Enzyme BioACourtney C Aldrich; Fiscal Year: 2013..Biotin biosynthesis has recently been identified as an attractive target for the development of new ant tubercular agents...
- Mechanisms of Attention Deficits in Children with Heavy Prenatal Alcohol ExposureSARAH N MATTSON WELLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..More specifically, the proposed study will use the Attention Network Test (ANT), which was designed to assess three attention networks (orient, alert, executive control) that underlie visual ..
- An Animal model to develop therapeutic strategies for FSHDRossella G Tupler; Fiscal Year: 2011..Expression analysis to all known genes mapping at 4q35, revealed that ANT1, FRG1, and FRG2 genes were over-expressed in FSHD affected muscle...
- "Protein protein interaction directed libraries"Billy W Day; Fiscal Year: 2012..protein interaction directed compound libraries" will produce 1,760 compounds based on 56 scaffolds aiming to (ant-) agonize protein protein interaction (PPI)...
- Calcium Regulation in the Progression of Muscular DystrophyNoah Weisleder; Fiscal Year: 2013..The focus of this project is to test the hypothesis that aben-ant Ca spark activity acts as a trigger for SOCE and thus induces a dystrophic cascade in mammalian skeletal muscle ..
- ANCHOR: A PDB-Wide Real Time Discovery Resource of Novel PPI (Ant)-agonistsALEXANDER SIEGFRIED DOEMLING; Fiscal Year: 2013..worldwide research groups with in vitro and/or in vivo assays with the goal of developing small molecular weight (ant)agonists...
- Altered Nuclear TransferShoukhrat M Mitalipov; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose the following specific aims: Aim 1. Establish a mouse model of ANT with improved ESC derivation...
- Genome Sequencing in Extended Bipolar PedigreesNelson B Freimer; Fiscal Year: 2013..are drawn from the related population isolates of the Central Valley of Costa Rica (CVCR) and Antioquia, Colombia (ANT)...
- PKC EPSILON AND SRC PTK SIGNALING IN PRECONDITIONINGPeipei Ping; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interestingly, we identified the cardiac isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1) as a member of the PKCepsilon sub-proteome...
- BIOLOGICAL TESTING FACILITY - CDB-2914 OR RELATED COMPOUND, MOUSE/RAT/RABBIT TOKATHRYN BAUGHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..to permit rapid evaluation of new compositions of matter, drug formulations, delivery systems, and devices for ant-fertility and endocrine activity NICHD has supported investigators who are aggressively researching different ..
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE INHIBITION OF CELL PROLIFERATIONEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2000..The central hypothesis of this application is that second and third generation derivatives of ant-c-myc DNAs will display greater systemic potency than phosphorothioates in animal models of c-myc- dependent ..
- Applied Research on Antimicrobial Resistance (AR)Ruth Lynfield; Fiscal Year: 2006..We plan to construct a utilization profile comprised of individual elements such as length-of-stay ant procedures. We will also collect indirect costs, such as days lost from work, through case interviews...
- BIOLOGICAL TESTING FACILITY - CDB-4754KATHRYN BAUGHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..to permit rapid evaluation of new compositions of matter, drug formulations, delivery systems, and devices for ant-fertility and endocrine activity NICHD has supported investigators who are aggressively researching different ..
- Identification of Novel Genes Expressed in Bowel Cancer Using Change Mediated AntJeffrey Hillman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such proteins are likely to be useful in monitoring treatment, diagnosing this disease, and in preventing it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Demand for Older WorkersJOHN ABOWD; Fiscal Year: 2004..There are two sides to these experiences: (1) the decisions of the individuals ant heir households and (2) the decisions of the employers...
- Pathogenesis and Therapy of Sideroblastic AnemiaJeffrey Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2007..SOD2, is a critical intra-mitochondrial catalytic ant/oxidant, and deficiency of this enzyme leads to late embryonic or neonatal lethality in mice, with pathologic ..
- CONTROL MECHANISMS IN INTERMEDIARY METABOLISMEARL SHRAGO; Fiscal Year: 1990..on one of the more important proteins in cellular bioenergetics, namely the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) located in the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- OBESE FEMALE RESTRAINED EATERS : TWO TREATMENT OPTIONSJudith Stern; Fiscal Year: 2002..Restrained eaters are individuals who are chronically concerned about their weight ant attempt to control or reduce it by limiting their energy intake...
- The Mitochondrial Permeabilty Transition in ApoptosisBrian Herman; Fiscal Year: 2005..of the outer membrane voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC), the inner membrane adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) and matrix cyclophilin D (CypD)...
- CD45 AND GENERATION OF ISLET ALLOGRAFT TOLERANCEDavid Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..Important lead data now indicate that the ant.i-CD45-mediated shift in CD45 isoforms is associated with an upregulation of CTLA-4, a potent inhibitory molecule ..