Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC17A5
Description: solute carrier family 17 (acidic sugar transporter), member 5
Alias: AST, ISSD, NSD, SIALIN, SIASD, SLD, H(+)/nitrate cotransporter, H(+)/sialic acid cotransporter, membrane glycoprotein HP59, sialic acid storage disease, sialin, sodium/sialic acid cotransporter, solute carrier family 17 (anion/sugar transporter), member 5, vesicular H(+)/Aspartate-glutamate cotransporter
Publications164 found, 100 shown here
- Pruritus in chronic hepatitis C: association with high serum bile acids, advanced pathology, and bile duct abnormalitiesE Lebovics
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
Dig Dis Sci 42:1094-9. 1997..Pruritus was present in nine (5.1%) patients. Serum AST, ALT, alkaline phosphatase, GGTP, total bilirubin, and ferritin were similar in pruritics and controls...
- [Five cases of erythema infectiosum in adults]T Takahashi
Department of Medicine, Yame General Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:469-72. 2001..Rheumatoid factor (RF) was also detected by latex fixation test. Her AST was 51 IU/L, ALT 68 IU/L and LDH 568 IU/L...
- Prevalence of hepatitis B and C virus markers in outpatients of Mongolian general hospitalsS Fujioka
First Department of Internal Medicine, Okayama University Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:5-11. 1998..05). Transaminase levels were higher in group 1 (median (range) IU/l of AST, ALT; 29 (13-95), 32 (9-144) and group 3 (25 (15-187), 22 (8-185)) than in group 4 (18 (9-13), 15 (6-133); p < 0...
- Determination of chemopreventive role of Foeniculum vulgare and Salvia officinalis infusion on trichloroacetic acid-induced increased serum marker enzymes lipid peroxidation and antioxidative defense systems in ratsIsmail Celik
Faculty of Art and Science, Department of Biology, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Nat Prod Res 22:66-75. 2008..of the plant infusions were evaluated by measuring levels of serum marker enzymes [aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanin aminotransferase (ALT), creatine phosphokinase (CPK), acid phosphatase (ACP), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) ..
- Growth hormone and carbohydrate intolerance in cirrhosisT P Shankar
Department of Medicine, VA Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Horm Metab Res 20:579-83. 1988..Glucose tolerance tests (GTT), intravenous insulin tolerance tests (IVITT), arginine stimulation tests (AST) and glucose clamp studies before and during GH suppression with somatostatin were performed in a group of patients ..
- [A case of neonatal herpes infection which proved to be a mixed infection of herpes simplex virus type 1 and type 2]Y Minohara
Department of Pediatrics, St. Marianna University, School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:627-30. 1996..b>AST was 1042 IU/L, and ALT 206 IU/L. In spite of treatment, the patient died at the age of 12 days...
- Comparison of solutions for preservation of the rabbit liver as tested by isolated perfusionG den Butter
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792, USA
Transpl Int 8:466-71. 1995..LDH and AST release were greater in HTK-preserved livers than in UW livers, but these differences were not statistically ..
- Clinical, biochemical, and molecular diagnosis of a free sialic acid storage disease patient of moderate severityRobert Kleta
Department of Pediatrics, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
Mol Genet Metab 82:137-43. 2004The allelic autosomal recessive lysosomal storage disorders Salla disease and infantile free sialic acid storage disease (ISSD) result from mutations in SLC17A5...
- Relationship of the subgingival microbiota to a chairside test for aspartate aminotransferase in gingival crevicular fluidM Y Wong
School of Dentistry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei
J Periodontol 70:57-62. 1999The aim of the present study was to evaluate the association between the occurrence of certain specific periodontal pathogens and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) levels in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF).
- Changes in vitamin E concentration after surgery and anesthesiaJ Zunic
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, County Hospital Karlovac, Croatia
Coll Antropol 21:327-34. 1997..Simultaneously activities of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), gamma glutamyltransferase (GGT) were determined. Statistical analysis: ANOVA, Tukay HSD test...
- Different effects on the responses of functional pre- and postsynaptic 5-HT1A receptors by repeated treatment of rats with the 5-HT1A receptor agonist 8-OH-DPATL G Larsson
Department of Neuropharmacology, CNS 1, Astra Research Centre, , Sweden
Neuropharmacology 29:85-91. 1990..hippocampus and hypothalamus, after inhibition of L-aromatic amino acid decarboxylase by 3-hydroxybenzylhydrazine (NSD 1015), that is due to stimulation of autoreceptors on the 5-HT cell bodies...
- Prenatal diagnosis of free sialic acid storage disorders (SASD)Nina Aula
Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, Finland
Prenat Diagn 26:655-8. 2006Free sialic acid storage disorders, Salla disease (SD) and Infantile sialic acid storage disease (ISSD), are lysosomal storage diseases due to impaired function of a sialic acid transporter, sialin, at the lysosomal membrane...
- Autonomic stress tests in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and snoringD Veale
Department of Pneumonology, CHRU, Grenoble, France
Sleep 15:505-13. 1992..A significant difference between normal abnormal autonomic stress test (AST) groups was observed in the evening and the morning as regards cumulative time spent under 90% SaO2 and minimal ..
- The lysosomal sialic acid transporter sialin is required for normal CNS myelinationLaura M Prolo
Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences and Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 29:15355-65. 2009Salla disease and infantile sialic acid storage disease are autosomal recessive lysosomal storage disorders caused by mutations in the gene encoding sialin, a membrane protein that transports free sialic acid out of the lysosome after it ..
- [Drug-induced hepatotoxicity caused by anti-tuberculosis drugs in tuberculosis patients complicated with chronic hepatitis]Yugo Kaneko
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, 4 11 1, Izumihoncho, Komae shi, Tokyo 201 8601, Japan
Kekkaku 83:13-9. 2008....
- Novel form of intermediate salla disease: clinical and neuroimaging featuresRichard P Morse
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Child Neurol 20:814-6. 2005..Infantile sialic acid storage disease has a severe phenotype, and Salla disease (Finnish variant) is generally milder in phenotype; ..
- Effects of four Indian medicinal herbs on Isoniazid-, Rifampicin- and Pyrazinamide-induced hepatic injury and immunosuppression in guinea pigsMeghna R Adhvaryu
Bapalal Vaidya Botanical Research Centre, Department of Biosciences, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, 110, Nehru Nagar Society, Ichchhanath Road, Surat 395007, India
World J Gastroenterol 13:3199-205. 2007....
- Retrospective analysis of transient elevations in alanine aminotransferase during long-term treatment with acetaminophen in osteoarthritis clinical trialsEdwin K Kuffner
McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNeil PPC, Inc, Fort Washington, PA 19034, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:2137-48. 2006..9 g daily than in patients receiving placebo, and the rates were higher than aminotransferase values observed in some previous osteoarthritis studies with acetaminophen...
- Relationship between hepatitis B virus DNA levels and liver histology in patients with chronic hepatitis BJie Shao
Department of Hepatic Disease, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:2104-7. 2007..To study the relationship between hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA levels and liver histology in patients with chronic hepatitis B (CHB) and to determine the prevalence and characteristics of hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg) negative patients...
- A pilot study to compare natural health product-drug interactions in two databases in CanadaGuillaume Faubert
Pharmacy Department, Pharmaceutical Practice Research Unit, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175, Chemin de la Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, QC, H3T 1C5, Canada
Pharm World Sci 32:179-86. 2010..The aim of this article is to evaluate and compare two natural health product databases for the purpose of integrating them into a pharmacy information system in Canada...
- Tissue-specific alterations in insulin-like growth factor-I concentrations in response to 3,3',5-triiodo-L-thyronine supplementation in the growth hormone receptor-deficient sex-linked dwarf chickenR Vasilatos-Younken
Department of Poultry Science, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, 16802, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 105:31-9. 1997..The recessive sex-linked dwarfing (SLD) gene (dw) in chickens results in a lack of functional target tissue GH receptors due to a variety of molecular ..
- [Effects of astragaloside and Panax notoginseng saponins combination on oxidative stress of cerebral ischemic reperfusion injury in mice]Hua Tan
Hunan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Changsha 410208, Hunan Province, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 8:448-52. 2010To investigate the influence of astragaloside (AST) and Panax notoginseng saponins (PNS) combination on oxidative stress of brain tissues in C57BL/6 mice with cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury.
- Carbon tetrachloride-induced changes in the activity of phase II drug-metabolizing enzyme in the liver of male rats: role of antioxidantsS A Sheweita
Department of Bioscience and Technology, Institute of Graduate Studies and Research, Alexandria University, P O Box 832, 163 Horreya Avenue, Alexandria, Egypt
Toxicology 165:217-24. 2001..tetrachloride-induced changes in the activity of alanine amino transferase (ALT), aspartate amino transferase (AST), glutathione S-transferase (GST), and the level of glutathione (GSH) and thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (..
- Early fractionation methods and the origins of the NSD conceptH D Thames
Department of Biomathematics, University of Texas System Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Acta Oncol 27:89-103. 1988..of fraction number and overall time could be separated; these developments constituted the foundation of the Ellis NSD model...
- Melatonin ameliorates experimental hepatic fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in ratsRu Tao Hong
Department of Geriatrics Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230022, Anhui Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:1452-8. 2009..To investigate the protective effects of melatonin on carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)-induced hepatic fibrosis in experimental rats...
- Longitudinal monitoring of subgingival colonization by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, and crevicular alkaline phosphatase and aspartate aminotransferase activities around orthodontically treated teethGiuseppe Perinetti
Unit of Orthodontics, Department of Oral Sciences, School of Dentistry, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 31:60-7. 2004..of Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans (Aa) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) activities in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) in order to assess whether these parameters have potential as ..
- Structure-function studies of the SLC17 transporter sialin identify crucial residues and substrate-induced conformational changesPascal Courville
Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19316-23. 2010Salla disease and infantile sialic acid storage disorder are human diseases caused by loss of function of sialin, a lysosomal transporter that mediates H(+)-coupled symport of acidic sugars N-acetylneuraminic acid and glucuronic acid out ..
- Prevalence of enterotoxin genes in Aeromonas spp. isolated from children with diarrhea, healthy controls, and the environmentM J Albert
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
J Clin Microbiol 38:3785-90. 2000..Recently, we have characterized a heat-labile cytotonic enterotoxin (Alt), a heat-stable cytotonic enterotoxin (Ast), and a cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) from a diarrheal isolate of Aeromonas hydrophila...
- High adiponectin and TNF-alpha levels in moderate drinkers suffering from liver steatosis: comparison with non drinkers suffering from similar hepatopathyDavid Stejskal
Metabolic and Diabetologic Out Patient Centre and Department of Laboratory Medicine, Hospital Sternberk, Czech Republic
Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 149:93-9. 2005..for serum concentrations of AN, glucose, triglycerides, alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST) and glutamate transferase (GMT) activity; carbohydrate-deficient transferrin (CDT%) a marker of chronic alcohol ..
- Betaine inhibits toll-like receptor 4 expression in rats with ethanol-induced liver injuryQing Zhao Shi
Department of Infectious Diseases, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:897-903. 2010..To test whether ethanol feeding could induce Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) responses, assess the hepatoprotective effect of betaine and its inhibitive effect on TLR4 in animal models of alcoholic liver injury...
- Gemfibrozil-induced myositis in a patient with normal renal functionMartin Hahn
Tennessee Valley Health Care System, Nashville, TN 37129, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:211-4. 2010..To describe a case of gemfibrozil monotherapy-induced myositis in a patient with normal renal function..
- Emodin protects rat liver from CCl(4)-induced fibrogenesis via inhibition of hepatic stellate cells activationMiao Xian Dong
The Institute of Medicine, Qiqihar Medical University, JianHua District, Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:4753-62. 2009..To investigate the role of emodin in protecting the liver against fibrogenesis caused by carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4)) in rats and to further explore the underlying mechanisms...
- Modulation of key metabolic enzyme of Labeo rohita (Hamilton) juvenile: effect of dietary starch type, protein level and exogenous alpha-amylase in the dietShivendra Kumar
Department of Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Versova, Mumbai 400061, India
Fish Physiol Biochem 35:301-15. 2009..dehydrogenase, G6PD) and amino acid metabolism (alanine amino transferase, ALT and aspartate amino transferase, AST) in Labeo rohita. Three hundred and sixty juveniles (average weight 10 +/- 0...
- Effect of flibanserin (BIMT 17), fluoxetine, 8-OH-DPAT and buspirone on serotonin synthesis in rat brainA Brambilla
Department of Biology, Boehringer Ingelheim Italia, Milan, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 10:63-7. 1999..5-HTP) after blockade of aromatic amino acid decarboxylase induced by m-hydroxybenzylhydrazine (NSD-1015), at 100 mg/kg i.p., 30 min before sacrifice...
- Heparin sensitivity test for patients requiring cardiopulmonary bypassWilliam J DeBois
New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, NY 10021, USA
J Extra Corpor Technol 38:307-9. 2006..An anticoagulation sensitivity test (AST) was developed by adding 12 units of porcine mucosa heparin to the ACT tube (International Technidyne, celite type)...
- Elevated liver enzyme activity in construction workers: prevalence and impact on early retirement and all-cause mortalityV Arndt
Department of Epidemiology, University of Ulm, Germany
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 71:405-12. 1998Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT), alanine transaminase (ALT), and aspartate transaminase (AST) are widely used as markers of hepatobiliary disorders in occupational health surveillance...
- Comparison of blood aminotransferase methods for assessment of myopathy and hepatopathy in Florida manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris)Kendal E Harr
FVP Consultants, Inc, Bushnell, Florida 33513, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 39:180-7. 2008Muscle injury is common in Florida manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris). Plasma aspartate aminotransferase (AST) is frequently used to assess muscular damage in capture myopathy and traumatic injury...
- Scapholunate dissociation: an experimental kinematic study of two types of indirect soft tissue repairsA B Dagum
Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Hand Surg Am 22:714-9. 1997Indirect soft tissue repairs of scapholunate dissociation (SLD) address the pathophysiology but have been criticized for significantly limiting wrist flexion and altering wrist kinematics...
- Nasal septum deviation in newbornsA Soboczyński
ORL Clinic, Academy of Medicine, Poznan, Poland
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 46:263-5. 1992The patency of the nose is very important for the newborn. Nasal septum deviation (NSD) is one of the most important factors causing disorders of the patency of the nose. It is usually the result of mechanical trauma...
- [How brain-dead state affects the hepatic morphology and function of Ba-Ma mini pigs and its mechanism]Shui jun Zhang
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhenzhou University, Zheng Zhou 450052, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:1244-8. 2006..To investigate the impact of brain death (BD) on the morphology and function of liver...
- Incidence and distribution of experimental metastases in mutant mice with defective organ microenvironments (genotypes Sl/Sld and W/Wv)F Arguello
Strong Children s Research Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York 14642
Cancer Res 52:2304-9. 1992..26 melanoma cells into mutant Sl/Sld and W/Wv mice...
- Protective effects of L-arginine against ischemia-reperfusion injury in non-heart beating rat liver graftJin Gong
Department of Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 7:481-4. 2008..Prevention of liver injury in NHBDs will benefit the results of transplantation. This study was conducted to evaluate the protective effects of L-arginine on liver grafts from NHBDs...
- Aspartat aminotransferase--a marker of periodontal disease activityM Ivić-Kardum
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 23:111-6. 1999..Aspartat aminotransferase (AST) activity in gingival crevicular fluid is a potential quantitative marker of periodontal disease activity...
- Safety and efficacy of combined ezetimibe/simvastatin treatment and simvastatin monotherapy in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseTatjana Abel
Outpatient Department, National Health Centre, Budapest, Hungary
Med Sci Monit 15:MS6-11. 2009..The secondary goal of this investigation was to compare the safety and efficacy of combined ezetimibe / simvastatin treatment with simvastatin monotherapy...
- Glutathione S-transferase Alpha 1-1 and aminotransferases in umbilical cord bloodM F Knapen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital St Radboud, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Early Hum Dev 54:129-35. 1999..with that of the well known liver function markers alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) in arterial and corresponding venous umbilical cord blood of 93 patients...
- Sleep deprivation affects speechY Harrison
Loughborough University, Leicestershire
Sleep 20:871-7. 1997..subjects underwent two counterbalanced 36-hour trials involving sleep deprivation (SD) and no sleep deprivation (NSD)...
- Parkinson's disease as a neuroendocrine disorder of circadian function: dopamine-melatonin imbalance and the visual system in the genesis and progression of the degenerative processGregory L Willis
The Bronowski Institute of Behavioural Neuroscience, Neurosciences Section, Coliban Medical Centre, Kyneton, Victoria, Australia
Rev Neurosci 19:245-316. 2008For more than 50 years, Parkinson's disease (PD) has been conceptualized as a product of nigro-striatal dopamine (NSD) system degeneration...
- Bioavailability of astaxanthin stereoisomers from wild (Oncorhynchus spp.) and aquacultured (Salmo salar) salmon in healthy men: a randomised, double-blind studyCorinna E Rüfer
Institute of Nutritional Physiology, Federal Research Centre for Nutrition and Food, Karlsruhe, Germany
Br J Nutr 99:1048-54. 2008..was to investigate the bioavailability and the configurational isomer distribution of the carotenoid astaxanthin (AST) in human plasma after ingestion of wild (Oncorhynchus spp.) and aquacultured (Salmo salar) salmon...
- Demonstration of antihistamine properties with AST-1: a bioactive extract from garden slugs (Diplosolenodes occidentalis)A Jacob
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Kingston 7, Jamaica
West Indian Med J 56:11-6. 2007..to histamine from allergic sensitization, the authors investigated the effects of a semi-pure alcoholic extract (AST-1) on histamine-induced contraction of the guinea pig in vitro tracheal muscle preparation and cutaneous allergic ..
- Quantitative evaluation of liver function with MRI Using Gd-EOB-DTPAHun Kyu Ryeom
Department of Radiology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Taegu, Korea
Korean J Radiol 5:231-9. 2004..The purpose of this study is to develop a noninvasive method of quantitation of the hepatic function using Gd-EOB-DTPA through the deconvolution analysis...
- [The changes and significance of multiple organ functions in acute pancreatitis patients under hypoxic condition on plateau]Hai Hong Zhu
Department of General Surgery, People s Hospital of Qinghai Province, Xining 810007, Qinghai, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 22:210-3. 2010..To explore characteristics of the pathogenesis and progression of the acute pancreatitis (AP) in high altitude and the relationship between AP and plateau erythrocythemia...
- Frequency of inappropriate continuation of acid suppressive therapy after discharge in patients who began therapy in the surgical intensive care unitCatherine E Murphy
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:968-76. 2008To determine the frequency with which patients who begin to receive stress ulcer prophylaxis in the surgical intensive care unit (SICU) are discharged receiving inappropriate acid suppressive therapy (AST).
- Multiplex PCR method for detection of three Aeromonas enterotoxin genesCesar I Bin Kingombe
Microbiology Research Division, Bureau of Microbial Hazards, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Sir Frederick G Banting Research Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:425-33. 2010..of specific primers was developed for the detection of the cytotoxic (act), heat-labile (alt), and heat-stable (ast) enterotoxin genes in Aeromonas spp...
- Aspartate aminotransferase activity in gingival crevicular fluid during orthodontic treatment. A controlled short-term longitudinal studyGiuseppe Perinetti
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Oral Sciences, Dental School, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 74:145-52. 2003..This study used a longitudinal design to examine aspartate aminotransferase (AST) activity in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) in order to assess whether AST in GCF has potential as a possible ..
- [Three cases with acute encephalopathy related with adenovirus type 7 infection]N Ohtsuki
Department of Pediatrics, Urafune Hospital of Yokohama City University, School of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 32:68-72. 2000..Seizures in all the patients developed from 8 to 10 days after the onset of pyrexia. The values of serum AST, LDH and CRP elevated and those of WBC and serum protein decreased at the onset of encephalopathy...
- Diagnostic accuracy of plain radiographs and cineradiography in diagnosing traumatic scapholunate dissociationJenny Pliefke
Department of Hand Surgery, Replantation Surgery, and Microsurgery, Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin, Warener Strasse 7, 12683 Berlin, Germany
Skeletal Radiol 37:139-45. 2008Missed tears of the scapholunate ligament (SLL) and scapholunate dissociation (SLD) after wrist injuries pose a high risk of post-traumatic osteoarthritis of the carpus...
- Inflation of antishock trousers increases bronchial response to methacholine in healthy subjectsJ Regnard
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Faculté de Médecine Cochin Port Royal, Paris, France
J Appl Physiol (1985) 68:1528-33. 1990..changes in lung volumes and in bronchial response to methacholine chloride (MC) challenge when antishock trousers (AST) were inflated at venous occlusion pressure in healthy subjects in the standing posture, a maneuver known to shift ..
- Relationship between crevicular aspartate aminotransferase levels and periodontal disease progressionR J Oringer
Department of Periodontics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11794 8703, USA
J Periodontol 72:17-24. 2001Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), an enzyme released from necrotic cells, has been identified in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF), and elevated levels are associated with periodontal tissue destruction...
- [Evaluation of automated architect syphilis TP as a diagnostic laboratory screening test for syphilis]Jeeyong Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Korea University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 28:475-82. 2008..The aim of the study was to establish a new syphilis test algorithm using Architect Syphilis TP (Abbott Japan, Japan: AST), a fully automated treponemal antibody test, as a screening test in a university hospital laboratory...
- Elevated liver enzyme tests among patients with rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis treated with methotrexate and/or leflunomideJ R Curtis
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 510 20 Street South, FOT 840, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:43-7. 2010..RA) or psoriatic arthritis (PsA), the incidence of elevated alanine aminotransferase/aspartate aminotransferase (ALT/AST) enzymes associated with methotrexate (MTX), leflunomide (LEF) and MTX+LEF versus other DMARDs was examined.
- Spontaneous radiation-induced rib fractures in breast cancer patients treated with postmastectomy irradiation. A clinical radiobiological analysis of the influence of fraction size and dose-response relationships on late bone damageM Overgaard
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Radiumstationen, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Oncol 27:117-22. 1988..6%) even though they had been treated with the aim to obtain equivalent biologic response according to the NSD formula...
- [Clinical studies on 35 patients with infection-related acute encephalopathy]S Kimura
Department of Pediatrics, Urafune Hospital of Yokohama City University School of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 30:244-9. 1998..Serum AST were elevated in 7.7 and 6 cases in (3), (4) and (5), respectively...
- Comparison between fractionated high dose rate irradiation and continuous low dose rate irradiation in spheroidsM Omura
Department of Radiology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Acta Oncol 37:681-6. 1998..was independent of the fraction size of HDR irradiation administrated, and the repair of sublethal damage (SLD) was absent, suggesting that the sparing effect of fractionated HDR irradiations was absent in spheroids...
- Protective effect of Et-1 receptor antagonist bosentan on paracetamol induced acute liver toxicity in ratsMuhammed Yayla
Eur J Pharmacol 726:87-95. 2014..VII: received 140 mg/kg NAC (2 doses). According to biochemical results, TNF-α, ALT and AST levels were statistically increased in the paracetamol group, these parameters were improved in the bosentan groups...
- Serum aminotransferase levels in healthy population from western IndiaSatish Kumar
Department of Pathology, BYL Nair Ch Hospital and TN Medical College, Mumbai, India
Indian J Med Res 138:894-9. 2013..Currently upper limits of normal for aspartate aminotransferase (AST) or ALT levels used are based on the western literature...
- Altered gastric vagal mechanosensitivity in diet-induced obesity persists on return to normal chow and is accompanied by increased food intakeS J Kentish
Nerve Gut Research Laboratory, Hanson Institute, Discipline of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Int J Obes (Lond) 38:636-42. 2014..We sought to determine whether changes in vagal afferent function and response to leptin in obesity were reversible by returning obese mice consuming a HFD to standard laboratory chow diet (SLD).
- Angiostatin II is the predominant glycoform in pleural effusates of rabbit VX-2 lung tumorsMark W C Hatton
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University Health Sciences Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Lab Clin Med 139:316-23. 2002Angiostatin (AST), a polypeptide with potent antiangiogenic properties, is released proteolytically from plasminogen in vivo. Plasminogen exists naturally in plasma as two glycoforms (PLGs), I and II...
- nsd, a locus that affects the Myxococcus xanthus cellular response to nutrient concentrationMargaret Brenner
Section of Microbiology and Center for Genetics and Development, The University of California, Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Bacteriol 186:3461-71. 2004..Our analysis shows that the gene fusion is located in an open reading frame that we have designated nsd (nutrient sensing/utilizing defective) and that its expression is driven by a sigma70-like promoter...
- Comparative cytotoxic and cytoprotective effects of taurohyodeoxycholic acid (THDCA) and tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) in HepG2 cell lineFrancesca Carubbi
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Policlinico, Via del Pozzo 71, 41100 Modena, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1580:31-9. 2002..Culture media, harvested at the end of each incubation period, were analyzed to evaluate aspartate transaminase (AST), alanine transaminase and gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase release...
- Allatostatin-like immunoreactivity in the abdomen of the locust Schistocerca gregariaPetra Skiebe
Institut fur Biologie, Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie, Neurobiologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Königin Luise Strasse 28 30, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 325:163-74. 2006A polyclonal antibody against allatostatin 1 (AST-1) of cockroach Diploptera punctata was used to investigate the distribution of AST-like immunoreactivity within the abdomen of the locust, Schistocerca gregaria...
- Normal coordinate structural decomposition of the heme distortions of hemoglobin in various quaternary states and bound to allosteric effectorsMonique Laberge
Institute of Biophysics and Radiation Biology, Semmelweis University, Puskin u 9, Budapest H 1088, Hungary
Mol Divers 7:15-23. 2003..was investigated by subjecting CHARMM energy-minimized models to normal coordinate structural decomposition (NSD) analysis...
- Quantification and visualization of Dippu-AST mRNA in the brain of adult Diploptera punctata: mated females vs. virgin females vs. malesChris S Garside
Department of Zoology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G5, Canada
J Insect Physiol 49:285-91. 2003..We have investigated the levels of AST expression in the brain of adult mated and virgin females, and adult males of the cockroach Diploptera punctata, ..
- Effects of oral adsorbent AST-120 (Kremezin) on renal function and glomerular injury in early-stage renal failure of subtotal nephrectomized ratsNoriyoshi Kobayashi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Nephron 91:480-5. 2002The aim of the present study was to determine if treatment with an oral adsorbent (AST-120, Kremezin) might decrease the urinary albumin excretion and serum indoxyl sulfate (s-IS), and prevent glomerular sclerosis in early-stage renal ..
- Mitigation of gamma-radiation induced abasic sites in genomic DNA by dietary nicotinamide supplementation: metabolic up-regulation of NAD(+) biosynthesisVipen Batra
Radiation Biology and Health Sciences Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 400085, India Electronic address
Mutat Res 749:28-38. 2013..underlying mechanism(s), male Swiss mice were maintained on control diet (CD) and nicotinamide supplemented diet (NSD)...
- Ameliorating effect of phytoestrogens on CCl4-induced oxidative stress in the livers of male Wistar ratsRitu Aneja
Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 33:201-13. 2005..tetrachloride (CCl4) induced changes in the activity of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), glutathione S transferase (GSH) and levels of glutathione (GSH) and thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (..
- [Secular increase in the incidence rate of drug-induced hepatitis due to anti-tuberculosis chemotherapy including isoniazid and rifampicin]Naohiro Nagayama
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tokyo National Hospital, 3 1 1, Takeoka, Kiyose shi, Tokyo 204 8585, Japan
Kekkaku 78:339-46. 2003..The criteria for selection of the patients were as follows. 1. The serum aspartate aminotransferase (AST) and alanine aminotransferase (ALT) were measured before, and one month (20-40 days) and 2 months (45-75 days) ..
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 antisense treatment of rat vein grafts reduces the accumulation of collagen and increases the accumulation of h-caldesmonRandal A Wolff
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital and University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 3236, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:1028-36. 2006..Transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGF-beta1) is a pleiotropic cytokine known to have powerful effects on cell growth, apoptosis, cell differentiation, and extracellular matrix synthesis...
- Dose-escalating and pharmacologic study of oxaliplatin in adult cancer patients with impaired hepatic function: a National Cancer Institute Organ Dysfunction Working Group studyTimothy W Synold
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, California, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3660-6. 2007..To determine the toxicities, pharmacokinetics, and maximally tolerated doses of oxaliplatin in patients with hepatic impairment and to develop formal guidelines for oxaliplatin dosing in this patient population...
- Nicotine stimulates secretion of corticosterone via both CRH and AVP receptorsKabirullah Lutfy
Division of Endocrinology, Molecular Medicine and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Sciences David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurochem 120:1108-16. 2012..We used the CRH-R1-specific antagonist, antalarmin (ANT), the CRH-R1 and CRH-R2 peptide antagonist, astressin (AST), and the CRH-R2-specific peptide antagonist, astressin2b (AST2b), to determine which CRH receptor is involved in ..
- The sld genetic defect: two intronic CA repeats promote insertion of the subsequent intron and mRNA decayBiswadip Das
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 288:14742-55. 2013The autosomal recessive mutation, sld, attenuates mucous cell expression in murine sublingual glands with corresponding effects on mucin 19 (Muc19)...
- Evidence of two separate mechanisms for the decrease in aryl sulfotransferase activity in rat liver during early stages of 2-acetylaminofluorene-induced hepatocarcinogenesisD P Ringer
Biochemical Pharmacology Section, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Inc, Ardmore, Oklahoma
Mol Carcinog 9:2-9. 1994..basis for the downregulation of the important detoxication/bioactivation enzyme aryl sulfotransferase IV (AST IV) during 2-acetylaminofluorene (2AAF)-induced hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Reduction of indoxyl sulfate by AST-120 attenuates monocyte inflammation related to chronic kidney diseaseShunsuke Ito
Department of International Health Development, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 93:837-45. 2013..An oral adsorbent, AST-120, retards renal function deterioration by lowering IS, which is known to accumulate in CKD patients...
- Cranially irradiated adult cancer survivors may have normal spontaneous GH secretion in the presence of discordant peak GH responses to stimulation tests (compensated GH deficiency)Ken H Darzy
Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:287-93. 2009..reserve as indicated by substantially reduced group GH responses to the GHRH + arginine stimulation test (AST)...
- Comparative study of C-reactive protein and other biochemical parameters in patients with hepatitis B and malaria in Calabar, NigeriaU K Amah
Department of Chemical Pathology, College of Medicine, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi Campus
Niger J Physiol Sci 26:109-12. 2011Serum levels of C-reactive proteins (CRP), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), total protein, albumin and globulins were investigated using high sensitivity immunoturbidometric and colorimetric techniques in ..
- Effect of an Oral Adsorbent, AST-120, on Dialysis Initiation and Survival in Patients with Chronic Kidney DiseaseShingo Hatakeyama
Department of Advanced Transplant and Regenerative Medicine, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu chou, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
Int J Nephrol 2012:376128. 2012The oral adsorbent AST-120 has the potential to delay dialysis initiation and improve survival of patients on dialysis...
- Validation of three non-invasive markers in assessing the severity of liver fibrosis in chronic hepatitis CSamiullah Shaikh
Department of Medicine, Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences, Jamshoro, Hyderabad
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 19:478-82. 2009To compare various biochemical markers i.e. APRI (AST to platelet ratio index), aspartate aminotransferase (AST) alanine aminotransferase (ALT) ratio, FIB-4 (AST, platelet, AST and age) with biopsy for assessing the severity of hepatic ..
- [Therapeutic effects of emodin on acute cholestatic hepatitis and mechanism thereof: experiment with rats]Yan Ding
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical and Health Center for Women and Children, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430016, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:699-703. 2009..To investigate the therapeutic effects of emodin on acute cholestatic hepatitis and mechanism thereof...
- Pediatric FAST and elevated liver transaminases: An effective screening tool in blunt abdominal traumaJuan E Sola
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Florida, USA
J Surg Res 157:103-7. 2009..We sought to determine if the focused assessment with sonography for trauma (FAST) combined with elevated liver transaminases (AST/ALT) could be used as a screening tool for intra-abdominal injury (IAI) in pediatric patients with BAT.
- Effects of bone and mineral metabolism on arterial elasticity in chronic renal failureEva Kis
First Department of Pediatrics, Semmelweis University, Budapest Bókay János u 53 54, 1083, Hungary
Pediatr Nephrol 24:2413-20. 2009Arterial stiffness (Ast) individually predicts cardiovascular (CV) mortality. Ast increases via vascular calcification and can be characterized by pulse wave velocity (PWV)...
- Free sialic acid storage disease without sialuriaFanny Mochel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Médicale UMR S679, Hopital La Salpetriere, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 65:753-7. 2009..Both patients were homozygous for the K136E mutation in SLC17A5, the gene responsible for the free sialic acid storage diseases...
- Alcohol intake, alcohol dehydrogenase genotypes, and liver damage and disease in the Danish general populationJanne S Tolstrup
Center for Alcohol Research, National Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Gastroenterol 104:2182-8. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that alcohol, alone and in combination with alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) 1B and ADH1C genotypes, affects liver damage and disease in the general population...
- Decreased serum aminotransferase activity in patients with chronic renal failure: impact on the detection of viral hepatitisF Fabrizi
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Institute of Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, Maggiore Hospital, Milano, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 38:1009-15. 2001..Aspartate (AST) and alanine aminotransferase (ALT) activity was greater in antibody to hepatitis C (anti-HCV)-positive than anti-..
- Identification of a novel membrane protein, HP59, with therapeutic potential as a target of tumor angiogenesisC Fu
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University, 23rd at Pierce, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:4182-94. 2001..These results and the immunohistochemistry data suggest a therapeutic potential for the CM101 target protein HP59 both as a drug target and as a vaccine against pathoangiogenesis...
- Oral charcoal adsorbent (AST-120) prevents progression of cardiac damage in chronic kidney disease through suppression of oxidative stressHideki Fujii
Division of Nephrology and Kidney Center, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2089-95. 2009..Increased oxidative stress plays a role in the pathogenesis of CVD in CKD patients. The oral charcoal adsorbent AST-120 attenuates the progression of CKD possibly by removing uraemic toxins such as indoxyl sulfate (IS), and reduces ..
- Prevalence and long-term course of macro-aspartate aminotransferase in childrenMaria Caropreso
Department of Pediatrics, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Pediatr 154:744-8. 2009To investigate the prevalence, association with clinical conditions, and long-term course of macro-aspartate aminotransferase (macro-AST).
- Persistence of increased cardiovascular risk in patients with Cushing's disease after five years of successful cureA Colao
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:2664-72. 1999..systolic and diastolic media-media distances, blood systolic (SPV) and diastolic (DPV) peak velocity, systolic (SLD) and diastolic (DLD) lumen diameter, and distensibility coefficient (DC) were measured at both common carotid ..
- Sialic acid storage diseases. A multiple lysosomal transport defect for acidic monosaccharidesG M Mancini
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 87:1329-35. 1991..This study reports the first observation of a human lysosomal transport defect for multiple physiological compounds...
- Creatine phosphokinase and aspartate aminotransverase profiles and its relation to the severity of uterine torsion in Egyptian buffaloS M Amin
Department of Theriogenology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Zagazig University, El Zeraa Str 114, 44519 Zagazig, Egypt
Anim Reprod Sci 123:163-8. 2011..the relationship between the serum concentrations of creatine phosphokinase (CPK), aspartate aminotransverase (AST) and the severity of uterine torsion...
- The effect of assisted and resisted sprint training on acceleration and velocity in Division IA female soccer athletesDavid E Upton
Exercise Physiology Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
J Strength Cond Res 25:2645-52. 2011..effects of a 4-week, 12-session training program using resisted sprint training (RST), assisted sprint training (AST), and traditional sprint training (TST) on maximal velocity and acceleration in National Collegiate Athletic ..
- Hepatic blood flow plays an important role in ischemia-reperfusion injuryDympna M Kelly
Department of General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Liver Transpl 17:1448-56. 2011..IR injury was defined by the aspartate aminotransferase (AST) level on postoperative day (POD) 2, and the patients were divided into 3 groups: (1) mild IR injury [AST < 500 ..
- Prenatal screening of sialic acid storage disease and confirmation in cultured fibroblasts by LC-MS/MSJeroen van den Bosch
Department Clinical Genetics, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015GE, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Inherit Metab Dis 34:1069-73. 2011b>Sialic acid storage disease (SASD) is an inborn error resulting from defects in the lysosomal membrane protein sialin...
- Peroxynitrite Decomposition Catalyst and Nitric Oxide Donor for EndotoxemiaGARRY JOHN SOUTHAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..infiltration, 3- nitrotyrosine (3-NT), nitrite/nitrate, and poly(ADP-ribose) formation, BUN, creatinine, NGAL, AST, ALT, histology injury score, and serum concentrations of TNF-1, HMGB-1, IL-6, TRP14, Trx1, LC8, I:B1, IL-12, MIP-..
- Novel Peptide MPO Inhibitors for Treating AtherosclerosisKirkwood A Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2012..Plasma AST and ALT levels will be used to monitor liver function while histology will be used to monitor the effects of the ..
- Novel diagnostic and safety biomarkers of liver injury and hepatotoxicityStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2010..Enzymatic assays of serum ALT and AST, widely used as part of a `hepatic function'panel, are neither sensitive nor particularity specific to the ..
- Novel Small-molecule TNF-a Modulators as Chemoprotective AgentsJiajiu Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2012..I study, UTL-5g has been shown to reduce levels of blood urea nitrogen (BUN), creatinine, aspartate transaminase (AST), and alanine transaminase (ALT) elevated by cisplatin, indicating the protection of kidney and liver by UTL-5g...
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HUMAN GENETICS PUBLIC HEALTH GENETICS FELLOWSHIPJoann A Boughman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Signature;completed on submission to Grants.gov *Name: Prefix [unreadable] First Name Middle Name 'l-ast Name Suffix Boughman TItie: Executive Vice President Telephone No...
- Recombinant hepatic argininosuccinate synthase (rASS) for treatment of sepsis/endStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2012..membrane/cytosolic enzyme, can be considered an early sign of hepatic injury, preceding even the increase of ALT or AST in blood...
- Avoiding toxicity associated with MTP ablationM Mahmood Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, they increase plasma aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, indicating liver injury...
- Alcohol &Antiretrovirals in HIV Infection, Oxidative Stress and Liver DiseaseMarianna K Baum; Fiscal Year: 2012..Hepatocellular injury and function will be determined with plasma levels of ALT, AST, platelets, albumin, hyaluronic acid and total and conjugated bilirubin...
- NOVEL MODULATORS OF ALCOHOL INDUCED METABOLIC AND LIVER INJURYRaj M Lakshman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Effects of omega3FA and SP on Chronic Ethanol-induced Increases in Plasma and Hepatic Lipids and Lipoproteins, AST, ALT and Their Correlation with Liver Histopathology. Specific Aim 2...
- A Novel Model of, and Pre-clinical Therapy for, Scleroderma Lung DiseaseSergei P Atamas; Fiscal Year: 2012..The mechanisms of scleroderma lung disease (SLD) are not well understood, and the efficiency of available therapies is limited...
- MOCSLID-DCCRobert M Elashoff; Fiscal Year: 2012..morbidity and mortality, so that studies focused on the development of new treatments for scleroderma lung disease (SLD) have the potential to make a significant impact on the lives of scleroderma patients...
- Impact of adipokines and insulin resistance on progression of prehypertensionCynthia Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..x 2 visits), we will assess obesity (body mass index, BMI, waist circumference, WC, abdominal skinfold thickness, AST), adipokine levels (IL-6, TNF1, PAI-1, adiponectin), CRP, microvascular function, office blood pressure (SBP office)..
- Functional Anatomy of REM Sleep: Brainstem-ControlGerald A Marks; Fiscal Year: 2013..The sublaterodorsal nucleus (SLD), in the brainstem, is a REM sleep induction zone where the local application of GABAA receptor antagonists can ..
- An Integrated Diagnostic System for Rapid Antimicrobial Susceptibility TestingVINCENT JEN JR GAU; Fiscal Year: 2013..RAST addresses the major limitations of standard phenotypic AST platforms (e.g., bioMerieux Vitek, BD Phoenix) by providing rapid (90 minutes vs. 2 days) and decentralized (POC vs...
- Advanced GST Proteomics for Early Stage Organ-Specific Toxicity Screening. PhaseKevin M Patrie; Fiscal Year: 2013..another. For example, the level of aminotransferases (ALT and AST) in blood is a widely accepted practice for detecting liver damage...
- The accessory Sec system of Gram-positive pathogensPaul M Sullam; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although both the extended N region of the GspB signal peptide and the novel AST domain (amino acids 91 - 117) of GspB are essential for export, it is unknown how these regions facilitate this ..
- Pathophysiogenomic markers:ethanol-induced brain damageFrank A Middleton; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the same animals, we will also assess potential liver or cardiac damage by monitoring serum ALT and AST levels...
- Development of a novel small molecule, UTL-5g, to treat oxaliplatin-induced thromJiajiu Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also monitor the injuries on liver and kidney by analyzing AST, ALT, BUN, and creatine...
- Intra Cavitary Pharmacokinetics and Drug Resistance in Pulmonary TuberculosisRUSSELL RYAN KEMPKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent reports highlight the substantial risk of development of additional drug resistance during SLD treatment...
- Gene Therapy and Radiation Therapy for Prostate CancerSvend O Freytag; Fiscal Year: 2013..therapy can be combined safely with intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and androgen suppression therapy (AST) in men with newly-diagnosed, high-risk prostate cancer...
- Development of anti-human TL1A monoclonal antibody for the treatment of human astVadim V Deyev; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mechanism and targets of non-stop decay in eukaryotic translationKRISTIN SMITH-KOUTMOU; Fiscal Year: 2013..to the elimination of defective mRNAs;non-sense mediated decay (NMD), no-go decay (NGD), and non-stop decay (NSD)...
- Pontine Control of REM AtoniaElda Arrigoni; Fiscal Year: 2013..Considerable evidence demonstrates that neurons of the sublaterodorsal (SLD) nucleus of the pons, also known as the subcoreuleus, generate muscle atonia during REM sleep...
- Exposure to Pesticides: A Fetal Environmental Risk Factor for Parkinson's DiseaseBRIAN BARLOW; Fiscal Year: 2010..by motor dysfunction and pathologically by depletion of dopamine (DA)-producing neurons in the nigrostriatal DA (NSD) system...
- Neurobiological Mechanisms of Antidepressant EffectsDavid A Morilak; Fiscal Year: 2013..risk factor for depression, and we have shown previously that performance on an attentional set-shifting test (AST), which is a measure of prefrontal-dependent cognitive flexibility in rats, is compromised by chronic stress...
- Genetic and Ecological Factors in Transmissibility and Epidemic Cycle of CholeraJOHN JOSEPH MEKALANOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will apply a new method we developed called AST to monitor and study the nature of "conditionally viable environmental cells (CVEC)" of pathogenic V...
- Regulation of the Fanconi Anemia Pathway by UbiquitinationALAN D D'ANDREA; Fiscal Year: 2013..test the hypothesis that the USP1/UAF1 deubiquitinating complex is targeted to its FANCD2/FANCI substrate through a SLD (Sumo-Like Domain)/SIM interaction. 2) To examine the functional interaction between FANCD2/FANCI and PCNA...
- Dopamine Dysfunction in SchizophreniaAnissa Abi-Dargham; Fiscal Year: 2013..from Center investigators: 1) the striatal DAergic excess in schizophrenia is greatest in the associative striatum (AST), 2) the AST receives convergent input from dorsolateral-prefrontal cortex (DLPFC), the anterior cingulate cortex (..
- Proteomic Markers of Alcohol Abuse (Phase 1)LAWRENCE SNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..methodology (ProteoSep TM) to accurately measure currently used state markers for excessive alcohol ingestion (GGT, AST and CDT) in plasma and serum samples and develop a measurement, with ProteoSep TM technology, of MAO-B protein in ..
- Neural pathway of REM sleep atoniaJun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have previously identified that the glutamatergic neurons in the sublaterodorsal tegmental nucleus (SLD) project to the spinal cord inhibitory interneurons, which proposed to suppress the motor activity during REM sleep...
- Coping with Adolescent Peer Victimization and Reducing Anxious/Depressed SymptomsAnnette M La Greca; Fiscal Year: 2013..and adapting an evidence-based intervention for depression, Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Adolescents (IPT-AST), that focuses on improving interpersonal skills and managing conflict...
- An Assessment of Liver Disease in HIV-infected and HIV/HBV Co-infected TanzaniansClaudia A Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be assessed using two non-invasive serum markers of liver fibrosis and cirrhosis, aspartate aminotransferase (AST)-to-platelet ratio index (APRI) and Fib-4...
- Alternative mechanisms of different stages in eukaryotic translationANDREY PISAREV; Fiscal Year: 2013..No-Go Decay (NGD) and Non-Stop Decay (NSD) are essential cellular mRNA quality control pathways in eukaryotes aiming to detect stalled translation elongation ..
- 2/2 Bending adolescent depression trajectories through personalized preventionBenjamin L Hankin; Fiscal Year: 2013..with Stress (CWS), a cognitive behavioral program, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy-Adolescent Skills Training (IPT-AST), an interpersonal program...
- A Kit for Rapid AST of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from Clinical SamplesMATTHEW CHARLES MULVEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim II. Development of a kit for standardized and reproducible front-line antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST) of clinical samples. Aim III. Clinial Evaluation of the SGM-phage kit for TB AST directly from patient samples...
- 1/2 Bending Adolescent Depression Trajectories Through Personalized PreventionJami F Young; Fiscal Year: 2013..with Stress (CWS), a cognitive behavioral program, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy-Adolescent Skills Training (IPT-AST), an interpersonal program...
- Role of 5-alpha Reductase in Testosterone ActionsShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..For safety, we will follow hemoglobin/hematocrit, sleep apnea scores, AST and ALT, PSA, plasma lipids, apolipoproteins, and lipoprotein particles, and prostate examinations...
- Rapid, Cost-Effective Nucleic Acid Testing for Active Surveillance and MolecularBEN HINDSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..MRSA infections that requires the detection of the MRSA-colonized patient through active surveillance testing (AST)...
- Development of Small-Molecule Probes of the Histone Methyltransferase NSD2Alykhan Shamji; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NSD histone methyltransferases, which are selective for histone H3 lysine 36 (H3K36) are frequently altered in various ..
- CARCINOGENICITY OF 2-NITROPROPANE--A PROBABLE MECHANISMEmerich Fiala; Fiscal Year: 2000..of 2-NP to a species capable of aminating guanine residues at C8 is mediated through aryl sulfotransferase (AST), probably isozyme IV...
- RADIATION CYTOGENETICSJoel Bedford; Fiscal Year: 1993..caffeine treatments would also be undertaken with emphasis on the relationship of the effects observed to PLD and SLD "repair"...
- High resolution functional MRI of columnar structuresRavi Menon; Fiscal Year: 2007..The techniques we will use to accomplish this are fMRI (BOLD and AST based), electrophysiology, fluorescence quenching, laser Doppler and near-infrared spectroscopy at high spatial and ..
- TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT & PHYSICAL FUNCTION IN HIV+MENShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2005..For safety, we will follow hematocrit, AST and ALT, PSA, plasma lipids, apolipoproteins, and lipoprotein particles, digital rectal examinations, and sleep ..
- Testosterone:Physical Function in Men on HemodialysisShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2004..For safety, we will follow hemoglobin/hematocrit, AST and ALT, PSA, plasma lipids, apolipoproteins, and lipoprotein particles, and insulin sensitivity by the modified ..
- A nanoparticle prognosticator of chemotherapy outcomesRussell Lebovitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..discovery it was shown that NCTX can predict the outcome of chemotherapy using Stealth Liposomal Doxorubicin (SLD). NCTX consists of a clinically used Iodinated contrast agent encapsulated in a Pegylated liposome...
- Association between ANP and NPRA Gene Polymorphisms and Severity of Atopy and AstShyam Mohapatra; Fiscal Year: 2009..Establishing an association of ANP polymorphisms will not only confirm the importance of this gene in asthma, but may also indicate who will benefit from an ANP-based therapy. ..
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in Hispanic obese youthNancy Butte; Fiscal Year: 2005..and hyperleptinemia, and elevations in serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST). 3...