Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC14A1
Description: solute carrier family 14 (urea transporter), member 1 (Kidd blood group)
Alias: HUT11, HsT1341, RACH1, RACH2, UT-B1, UT1, UTE, SLC14A1 JK, urea transporter 1, urea transporter JK glycoprotein, urea transporter, erythrocyte, urea transporter-B1
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- The SLC14 gene family of urea transportersChairat Shayakul
Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 2 Prannok Rd, Bangkoknoi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Pflugers Arch 447:603-9. 2004..by alternative splicing of the SLC14A2 gene, and (2) the erythrocyte urea transporter UT-B1 encoded by the SLC14A1 gene...
- Ultra-short echo-time MRI detects changes in bone mineralization and water content in OVX rat bone in response to alendronate treatmentS Anumula
Laboratory for Structural NMR Imaging, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Bone 46:1391-9. 2010..phosphorus and decreased water concentration, both quantifiable nondestructively with ultra-short echo-time (UTE) (31)P and (1)H-MRI techniques...
- Three-dimensional ultrashort echo time imaging of solid polymers on a 3-Tesla whole-body MRI scannerFabian Springer
Section on Experimental Radiology, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen Germany
Invest Radiol 43:802-8. 2008With the introduction of ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequences solid polymeric materials might become visible on clinical whole-body magnetic resonance (MR) scanners...
- Is unilateral tonsillar enlargement alone an indication for tonsillectomy?V S Sunkaraneni
Department of Ear, Nose and Throat, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Laryngol Otol 120:E21. 2006..Frequently, these patients are listed for tonsillectomy for the purpose of ruling out malignant histology. This study aims to determine the necessity for tonsillectomy...
- Regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 gene transcription by RUNX1 and RUNX2Marie Bertrand-Philippe
Liver Group, Division of Infection, Inflammation, and Repair, University of Southampton Medical School, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:24530-9. 2004..b>UTE-1 is a regulatory DNA motif essential for TIMP1 promoter activity in a variety of cell types including hepatic ..
- Vasopressin regulates apical targeting of aquaporin-2 but not of UT1 urea transporter in renal collecting ductT Inoue
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda 20892, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol 276:F559-66. 1999..Thus vasopressin-mediated regulation of AQP2, but not of VRUT, depends on regulated vesicular trafficking to the plasma membrane...
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) for minimally invasive resection of rectal adenomas and "Low-risk" carcinomas (uT1, G1 - 2)C Langer
Department of General Surgery, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 40:67-72. 2002..for local removal of large rectal adenomas (>/= 2 cm) and early, so called "low-risk" carcinomas (uT1, G1 - 2) in curative as well as of advanced tumors in palliative intent...
- Renal urea transportersJeff M Sands
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 13:525-32. 2004..cloned from humans and rodents: the UT-A (Slc14A2) gene encodes five protein and eight cDNA isoforms; the UT-B (Slc14A1) gene encodes a single isoform...
- Molecular characterization of a novel urea transporter from kidney inner medullary collecting ductsC Shayakul
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280:F487-94. 2001..Our previous studies have identified three rat urea transporters involved in the urinary concentrating mechanism, UT1, UT2 and UT3, herein renamed UrT1-A, UrT1-B, and UrT2, which exhibit distinct spatial distribution in the kidney...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the normal pituitary gland using ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequences (REV 1.0)Olivia Portman
Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Praed Street, London W2 1NY, UK
Neuroradiology 50:213-20. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine the normal pituitary gland in male subjects with ultrashort echo time (TE) pulse sequences, describe its appearance and measure its signal intensity before and after contrast enhancement...
- Anorectal functional results after transanal endoscopic microsurgery in benign and early malignant tumorsZhiming Jin
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 200233, Shanghai, China
World J Surg 34:1128-32. 2010..The aim of the present study was to analyze the effect of TEM on the manometric results...
- A broad-host-range, generalized transducing phage (SN-T) acquires 16S rRNA genes from different genera of bacteriaAmy Beumer
University of Dayton, 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469 1644, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8301-4. 2005..specific to conserved regions of the 16S rRNA gene, we have found that generalized transducing phages (D3112, UT1, and SN-T), but not specialized transducing phages (D3), acquired entire bacterial 16S rRNA genes...
- Standard state thermodynamic properties of completely dissociated hydrochloric Acid and aqueous sodium hydroxide at extreme temperatures and pressuresEssmaiil Djamali
Department of Chemistry and Center for Hydrothermal Research, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182
J Phys Chem B 113:10792-9. 2009..15 K up to 1000 MPa was predicted from the unified theory of electrolytes (UTE)...
- Tonsillectomy for biopsy in children with unilateral tonsillar enlargementEkaterini Spinou
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Monklands General Hospital, Airdrie, Scotland ML6 0RD, UK
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 63:15-7. 2002Unilateral tonsillar enlargement (UTE) may be a sign of underlying malignancy and tonsillectomy is often recommended for histology...
- Effects of in-pulse transverse relaxation in 3D ultrashort echo time sequences: analytical derivation, comparison to numerical simulation and experimental application at 3TFabian Springer
Section on Experimental Radiology, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Magn Reson 206:88-96. 2010The introduction of ultrashort-echo-time-(UTE)-sequences to clinical whole-body MR scanners has opened up the field of MR characterization of materials or tissues with extremely fast signal decay...
- Molecular cloning of urea transporters from the kidneys of baleen and toothed whalesNaoko Birukawa
Division of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 0810, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 149:227-35. 2008..This process is mediated by urea transporters (UTs) encoded by two genes, UT-A (Slc14a2) and UT-B (Slc14a1)...
- Long-term follow-up of local rectal cancer surgery by transanal endoscopic microsurgeryXavier Serra-Aracil
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, Parc Tauli s n, 08208, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
World J Surg 32:1162-7. 2008..In 1997 we launched a prospective program of transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) for the treatment of rectal cancer...
- Endoscopic ultrasonography in the diagnosis, staging, and follow-up of anal carcinomasB Magdeburg
Dept of Internal Medicine, Cantonal Hospital, St Gallen, Switzerland
Endoscopy 31:359-64. 1999..The aim of this study is to underline the value of EUS in the staging and follow-up of anal carcinoma...
- Ultrashort TE T1rho (UTE T1rho) imaging of the Achilles tendon and meniscusJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, California 92103 8756, USA
Magn Reson Med 64:834-42. 2010..Mean T(1)rho increased from 2.06 +/- 0.23 to 7.85 +/- 0.74 msec in normal Achilles tendon and from 7.08 +/- 0.64 to 13.42 +/- 0.93 msec in normal meniscus when the spin-lock field was increased from 250 to 1,000 Hz...
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) following prostatectomy: more favorable acute genitourinary toxicity profile compared to primary IMRT for prostate cancerB S Teh
Department of Radiology Radiation Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 49:465-72. 2001..To report our initial experience on postprostatectomy IMRT (PPI), addressing acute genitourinary (GU) toxicity in comparison to primary IMRT (PI) for prostate cancer...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of entheses using ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequencesMichael Benjamin
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 25:381-9. 2007..bone (entheses) is reviewed and new options for visualizing key components of entheses provided by ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequences are described...
- Preoperative staging of patients with rectal tumors suitable for transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM): comparison of endorectal ultrasound and histopathologic findingsLuigi Zorcolo
Department of Surgery, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Surg Endosc 23:1384-9. 2009..Accurate preoperative staging is the key to correct selection of rectal tumors for local excision. This study aims to assess the accuracy of endorectal ultrasound (ERUS) at our institution...
- Ultrashort TE spectroscopic imaging (UTESI): application to the imaging of short T2 relaxation tissues in the musculoskeletal systemJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:412-21. 2009..To investigate ultrashort TE spectroscopic imaging (UTESI) of short T2 tissues in the musculoskeletal (MSK) system...
- A prospective study about functional and anatomic consequences of transanal endoscopic microsurgeryJ A Gracia Solanas
Section of Coloproctology, Department of Surgery B Hospital Clínico Universitario, Zargoza, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 98:234-40. 2006..The objective of this study is to analyze the effect of this technique in the anal anatomy and compare with the manometric results...
- Structure and characterization of the mouse UT-A gene (Slc14a2)R A Fenton
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F630-8. 2002..These proteins are the products of two closely related genes, termed UT-A (Slc14a2) and UT-B (Slc14a1)...
- Characterization of a human colonic cDNA encoding a structurally novel urea transporter, hUT-A6Craig P Smith
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, G 38, Stopford Bldg, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C1087-93. 2004Two closely related genes, UT-A (Slc14a2) and UT-B (Slc14a1), encode specialized transporter proteins that modulate the movement of urea across cell membranes...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of entheses. Part 1M Benjamin
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Clin Radiol 63:691-703. 2008..Ultrashort echo time (UTE) pulse sequences can identify the specific tissue components of entheses and differentiate cortical bone, calcified ..
- Phase contrast ultrashort TE: A more reliable technique for measurement of high-velocity turbulent stenotic jetsKieran R O'Brien
Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Magn Reson Med 62:626-36. 2009..A new sequence incorporating velocity-dependent slice excitation and ultrashort TE (UTE) centric radial readout trajectories is proposed that reduces TE from 2.85 to 0.65 ms...
- Ultrashort echo time MR imaging of osteochondral junction of the knee at 3 T: identification of anatomic structures contributing to signal intensityWon C Bae
Departments of Radiology and Bioengineering and Department of Radiology, Rady Children s Hospital, University of California San Diego, 200 W Arbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Radiology 254:837-45. 2010..occurring and experimentally prepared human cartilage-bone specimens at 3 T by using ultrashort echo time (TE) (UTE) and conventional pulse sequences to (a) determine the appearance of the signal intensity patterns and (b) identify ..
- Acquisition-weighted stack of spirals for fast high-resolution three-dimensional ultra-short echo time MR imagingYongxian Qian
MR Research Center, Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Magn Reson Med 60:135-45. 2008Ultra-short echo time (UTE) MRI requires both short excitation ( approximately 0.5 ms) and short acquisition delay (<0.2 ms) to minimize T(2)-induced signal decay...
- Ultra-short echo time cardiovascular magnetic resonance of atherosclerotic carotid plaqueCheuk F Chan
National Heart and Lung Institute, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 12:17. 2010..The aim of this preliminary study was to show the potential of Ultra-short Echo Time (UTE) subtraction MR in detecting calcification.
- Using adiabatic inversion pulses for long-T2 suppression in ultrashort echo time (UTE) imagingPeder E Z Larson
Magnetic Resonance Systems Research Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Magn Reson Med 58:952-61. 2007Ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging is a technique that can visualize tissues with sub-millisecond T(2) values that have little or no signal in conventional MRI techniques...
- Cross-validation of magnetic resonance elastography and ultrasound-based transient elastography: a preliminary phantom studyJennifer Oudry
Echosens, Research and Development Department, Paris, France
J Magn Reson Imaging 30:1145-50. 2009To cross-validate two recent noninvasive elastographic techniques, ultrasound-based transient elastography (UTE) and magnetic resonance elastography (MRE)...
- k-space water-fat decomposition with T2* estimation and multifrequency fat spectrum modeling for ultrashort echo time imagingKang Wang
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705 2275, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 31:1027-34. 2010To demonstrate the feasibility of combining a chemical shift-based water-fat separation method (IDEAL) with a 2D ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequence for imaging and quantification of the short T(2) tissues with robust fat suppression.
- Magnetization transfer contrast imaging in bovine and human cortical bone applying an ultrashort echo time sequence at 3 TeslaFabian Springer
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Magn Reson Med 61:1040-8. 2009..The introduction of ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequences to clinical whole-body MR scanners expands the possibility of MT imaging to tissues with extremely fast ..
- Ultrashort TE chemical shift imaging (UTE-CSI)Matthew D Robson
University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, MRS Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Magn Reson Med 53:267-74. 2005..These artifacts were not found to be significant in the described applications. This new method allows us to obtain information on short T2 components without degrading the image quality from long T2 components...
- Intra- and intergenotypic variations among human cytomegalovirus gB genotypesS Chantaraarphonkun
Inter Department of Medical Microbiology, Graduate School, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Intervirology 50:78-84. 2007..To study genotypic variations among human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) gB genotypes in clinical samples of Thai patients...
- Long-term oncologic results of patients with distal rectal cancer treated by local excision with or without adjuvant treatmentByung Soh Min
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine Yonsei University, Seodamun Gu Shincheon Dong 134, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:1325-30. 2007..The aim of this study is to review long-term oncologic results of local excision (LE) and to investigate the validity and feasibility of LE as a treatment option for distal rectal cancer...
- Short T2 contrast with three-dimensional ultrashort echo time imagingJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, CA 92103 8226, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 29:470-82. 2011..In this paper, we describe the use of three-dimensional ultrashort echo time (3D UTE) sequences with TEs down to 8 μs for imaging of these species...
- Quantitative characterization of the Achilles tendon in cadaveric specimens: T1 and T2* measurements using ultrashort-TE MRI at 3 TGuinel H Filho
Department of Radiology, University of California, 408 Dickinson St, San Diego, CA 92103 8226, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:W117-24. 2009..quantitative means of evaluating the intrinsic T1 and T2(*) values of the Achilles tendon through the measurement of T1 recovery and T2(*) relaxation times, respectively, using ultrashort-TE (UTE) MRI at 3 T with histologic correlation.
- What is metabolomics all about?Ute Roessner
Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics, Metabolomics Australia, School of Botany, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Biotechniques 46:363-5. 2009
- Conservative laparoscopic management of urinary tract endometriosis (UTE): surgical outcome and long-term follow-upRenato Seracchioli
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Unit, Urology Department, S Orsola Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Fertil Steril 94:856-61. 2010To evaluate surgical outcome and long-term follow-up of conservative laparoscopic management of urinary tract endometriosis (UTE).
- Assessment of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using 3D ultrashort echo-time MR imagingJürgen Rahmer
Philips Research Europe Tomographic Imaging Department, Hamburg, Germany
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:443-8. 2009This work demonstrates the potential of ultrashort TE (UTE) imaging for visualizing graft material and fixation elements after surgical repair of soft tissue trauma such as ligament or meniscal injury...
- Ultrashort TE imaging with off-resonance saturation contrast (UTE-OSC)Jiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103 8756, USA
Magn Reson Med 62:527-31. 2009..In this work, a technique termed ultrashort TE (UTE) with off-resonance saturation contrast (UTE-OSC) is proposed to image short T(2) species...
- Ultrathin endoscopy versus high-resolution endoscopy for diagnosing superficial gastric neoplasiaHirobumi Toyoizumi
Department of Endoscopy, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 70:240-5. 2009Ultrathin endoscopy (UTE) is an acceptable and cost-effective alternative to EGD with the patient under sedation, although the diagnostic accuracy of UTE is not well established.
- Orientational analysis of the Achilles tendon and enthesis using an ultrashort echo time spectroscopic imaging sequenceJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, CA 92103 8756, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 28:178-84. 2010..Ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequences with a minimum TE of 8 mus provide high signal from both tendons and entheses...
- Characterization of Jk(a+(weak)): a new blood group phenotype associated with an altered JK*01 alleleElisabet S Wester
Division of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Transfusion 51:380-92. 2011..Other inherited variants analogous to Fy(x) and weak D phenotypes have not been characterized for JK, although recent abstracts indicate their presence...
- Single-slice mapping of ultrashort T(2)Stefan Kirsch
Computer Assisted Clinical Medicine, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
J Magn Reson 210:133-6. 2011..sequence consists of a spin echo preparation of the magnetization followed by slice-selective ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging with radial k-space sampling...
- Expression of blood group genes by mesenchymal stem cellsRichard SchAfer
Institute of Clinical and Experimental Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Br J Haematol 153:520-8. 2011..The presence of H (CD173), ABO, RhD, RhCE, RhAG, Kell, urea transporter type B (SLC14A1, previously known as JK), and Duffy antigen receptor of chemokines (DARC) was evaluated at the levels of genome, ..
- The emerging physiological roles of the SLC14A family of urea transportersGavin Stewart
School of Biology and Environmental Science, College of Life Sciences, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Br J Pharmacol 164:1780-92. 2011..These proteins are derived from two distinct genes, UT-A (SLC14A2) and UT-B (SLC14A1)...
- Quantifying sclerotic bone metastases with 2D ultra short TE MRI: a feasibility studyC Messiou
Cancer Research UK Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Downs Road, Surrey, UK
Cancer Biomark 7:211-8. 2010..The aims of this study were to optimize a 2D UTE MRI sequence for imaging and quantification of sclerotic bone metastases, establish T2* values of sclerotic ..
- European genome-wide association study identifies SLC14A1 as a new urinary bladder cancer susceptibility geneThorunn Rafnar
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Hum Mol Genet 20:4268-81. 2011..17, P = 7.6 × 10(-11). SLC14A1 codes for UTs that define the Kidd blood group and are crucial for the maintenance of a constant urea ..
- Prevalence and management of urinary tract endometriosis: a clinical case seriesBoris Gabriel
Department of Gynecologic Surgery, Strasbourg University Hospital Hautepierre and CMCO, and IRCAD EITS, Strasbourg, France
Urology 78:1269-74. 2011To report on the prevalence, surgical management, and outcome of urinary tract endometriosis (UTE) in a cohort of 221 patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery for severe endometriosis...
- Optimizing MR signal contrast of the temporomandibular joint diskMichael Carl
GE Healthcare, San Diego, California, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:1458-64. 2011To use a tissue specific algorithm to numerically optimize UTE sequence parameters to maximize contrast within temporomandibular joint (TMJ) donor tissue.
- High-resolution ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging on human knee with AWSOS sequence at 3.0 TYongxian Qian
MR Research Center, Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 35:204-10. 2012To demonstrate the technical feasibility of high-resolution (0.28-0.14 mm) ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging on human knee at 3T with the acquisition-weighted stack of spirals (AWSOS) sequence.
- [Indications and limits to endourologic procedures for endometriosis of the urinary tract]G Marino
SC Urologia, SC Anatomia Patologica ASL T0 5 Chieri Torino, Italy
Urologia 77:16-9. 2010The incidence of Urinary tract endometriosis (UTE) ranges from 1% to 3%; bladder is the most affected organ (85% of UTE), followed by ureter (12 - 14% of UTE), for which we distinguish an intrinsic very rare form and an extrinsic variety ..
- Reappraisal of nitrogen use efficiency in rice overexpressing glutamine synthetase1Elizabeth K Brauer
Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Physiol Plant 141:361-72. 2011..This paper tested the hypothesis that overexpression (OX) of GS1 in rice improves utilization N use efficiency (UtE = spikelet yield/shoot N content)...
- Qualitative and quantitative ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging of cortical boneJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, United States
J Magn Reson 207:304-11. 2010We describe the use of two-dimensional ultrashort echo time (2D UTE) sequences with minimum TEs of 8 μs to image and quantify cortical bone on a clinical 3T scanner...
- Polypyrimidine tract binding protein prevents activity of an intronic regulatory element that promotes usage of a composite 3'-terminal exonVincent Anquetil
CNRS Université de Rennes1 UMR 6061, Institut de Génétique et Développement de Rennes, IFR 140, Faculte de Medecine, CS 34317, 35043 Rennes Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 284:32370-83. 2009..report here the identification of an intronic regulatory element, designated the upstream terminal exon enhancer (UTE), that is required for the specific usage of exon 9A9' as a 3'-terminal exon in the myotome...
- Differential protein abundance and function of UT-B urea transporters in human colonD Collins
Center for Pain Research, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G345-51. 2010..This study suggests an important role for UT-B urea transporters in maintaining the symbiotic relationship between humans and their gut bacteria...
- The value of high-resolution three-dimensional endorectal ultrasonography in the management of submucosal invasive rectal tumorsGiulio A Santoro
I degrees Department of Surgery, Regional Hospital, 31100 Treviso, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1837-43. 2009....
- Surgery within multimodal therapy concepts for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC): the MRI approach and review of the literatureM Kranzfelder
Department of Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Adv Med Sci 54:158-69. 2009..Based upon more than 1300 consecutive esophageal resections, we present our current multidisciplinary ESCC approach with analysis in the context of recently published RCTs...
- Quantification of calcifications in endarterectomy samples by means of high-resolution ultra-short echo time imagingSonu Sharma
Department of Internal Medicine II Cardiology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Invest Radiol 45:109-13. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the ultra-short echo time (UTE) sequence for accurate quantification of the plaque volumes and qualitative assessment of the calcium density.
- Imaging in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: GRAPPA 2008Laura C Coates
Academic Unit of Musculoskeletal Disease, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Rheumatol 37:448-52. 2010..The role of newer imaging modalities, such as ultra-short echo time (UTE) MRI, is promising but remains to be fully elucidated...
- Assessing degeneration of human articular cartilage with ultra-short echo time (UTE) T2* mappingA Williams
Cartilage Restoration Laboratory, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:539-46. 2010To examine the sensitivity of ultra-short echo time (UTE) T(2)* mapping to collagen matrix degeneration in human articular cartilage.
- Accuracy of peripheral quantitative computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in assessing cortical bone cross-sectional area: a cadaver studyOlivia Louis
Department of Radiology, UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Comput Assist Tomogr 34:469-72. 2010..The present study aimed to assess the accuracy of peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in assessing the cortical cross-sectional area (CCSA) at the level of the tibia...
- Robust, high-throughput solution for blood group genotypingGaelle C Le Goff
Equipe Génie Enzymatique, Membranes Biomimetiques et Assemblages Supramoleculaires, Institut de Chimie et Biochimie Moleculaires et Supramoleculaires, CNRS 5246 ICBMS, Universite Lyon 1, Bâtiment CPE, 43 Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Anal Chem 82:6185-92. 2010..For the Kell, Kidd, Duffy, and MNS3/MNS4 systems, high matching percentages of 100%, 98.9%, 97.7%, and 97.4% were obtained, respectively, whereas a concordance percentage of 83.3% only was attained for the MNS1/MNS2 polymorphism...
- Conventional and ultrashort time-to-echo magnetic resonance imaging of articular cartilage, meniscus, and intervertebral diskWon C Bae
Department of Radiology, University of California San Diego, CA 92103 8226, USA
Top Magn Reson Imaging 21:275-89. 2010..With the advent and refinement of ultrashort time-to-echo (UTE) MRI techniques, it is now possible to directly visualize and quantitatively characterize these tissues...
- Cloning and functional expression of a urea transporter from human bone marrow cellsB Olives
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 269:31649-52. 1994..A. (1993) Nature 365, 844-847). We now report the cloning and characterization of a complementary DNA (HUT11) encoding an urea transporter isolated from a human bone marrow library...
- Characterization of mouse urea transporters UT-A1 and UT-A2R A Fenton
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F817-25. 2002Specialized transporter proteins that are the products of two closely related genes, UT-A (Slc14a2) and UT-B (Slc14a1), modulate the movement of urea across cell membranes...
- Antigenic and functional properties of the human red blood cell urea transporter hUT-B1Nicole Lucien
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, 6 rue Alexandre Cabanel, 75015 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 277:34101-8. 2002..Altogether, these antigenic, topologic, and functional properties might have implications into the physiology of hUT-B1 and other members of the urea transporter family...
- Individualized surgical strategies for cancer of the esophagogastric junctionH J Stein
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Germany
Ann Chir Gynaecol 89:191-8. 2000..In patients with early tumors, staged as uT1 on preoperative endosonography, a limited resection of the proximal stomach, cardia and distal esophagus with ..
- Novel alleles at the JK blood group locus explain the absence of the erythrocyte urea transporter in European familiesNidal M Irshaid
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Br J Haematol 116:445-53. 2002..Two novel molecular alterations at the JK locus were defined and a multiplex polymerase chain reaction method for detection of the five known silent Jk alleles was developed to complement JK genotyping in clinical transfusion medicine...
- U box proteins as a new family of ubiquitin-protein ligasesS Hatakeyama
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:33111-20. 2001..These data suggest that U box proteins constitute a third family of E3 enzymes and that E4 activity may reflect a specialized type of E3 activity...
- Preoperative endoscopic ultrasonography in patients with gastric cancerG Mancino
Centro Riferimento Oncologico della Basilicata, Rionero in Vulture PZ, Milan, Italy
Tumori 86:139-41. 2000..The results of EUS were correlated with the histologic findings of the resected specimens. RESULTS: In the uT1 group, which corresponds to early gastric cancer, the diagnosis was histologically confirmed in 85.7% of the cases...
- [Preoperative radiotherapy of rectal cancer. The Lyons experience, 1985-1996. Prognostic study apropos of 312 patients]J P Gerard
Service de radiothérapie oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Ann Chir 53:1003-10. 1999..Preoperative radiotherapy is used increasingly in rectal cancer in Europe. This study is a retrospective analysis of a series of 312 patients with rectal adenocarcinoma treated by preoperative radiotherapy...
- Ellen Pence appreciation: letters from Britain and EuropeRebecca Emerson Dobash
Criminology, School of Law, University of Manchester, UK
Violence Against Women 16:1045-54. 2010..Respect is the national association for professionals working with people to end their abusive behavior. Europe-Rosa Logar (Austria) and Ute Roesemann (Germany), WAVE network -Women Against Violence Europe.
- Cloning and regulation of expression of the rat kidney urea transporter (rUT2)C P Smith
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachussetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 96:1556-63. 1995..acid sequence identity to rabbit UT2 and 64% identity to the recently cloned human erythrocyte urea transporter, HUT11 (Olives, B., P. Neav, P. Bailly, M.A. Hediger, G. Rousselet, J.P. Cartron, and P. Ripoch J. Biol. Chem. 1994...
- Characterization of the gene encoding the human Kidd blood group/urea transporter protein. Evidence for splice site mutations in Jknull individualsN Lucien
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, 6 rue Alexandre Cabanel, 75015 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 273:12973-80. 1998..These findings provide a rational explanation for the lack of Kidd/urea transporter protein and defect in urea transport of Jknull cells...
- The molecular basis of the Kidd blood group polymorphism and its lack of association with type 1 diabetes susceptibilityB Olives
INSERM U76, GIP INTS, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 6:1017-20. 1997..Using the MnlI RFLP, we found that the Jk(a)/Jk(b) polymorphism was not in linkage disequilibrium with type 1 diabetes in 228 multiplex UK and US families tested...
- [Urea transporters]P Ripoche
Service de biologique cellulaire, CEA Saclay, Gif sur Yvette
Nephrologie 17:383-8. 1996..A saturable transport of thiourea was only observed into oocytes expressing UT11. Moreover, hUT11 is encoded by the kidd locus, but, Jk (a-b-) individuals, in the absence of this urea transporter did not present ..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the vasopressin-regulated urea transporter of rat kidney collecting ductsC Shayakul
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 98:2580-7. 1996..We report here the cloning of a novel urea transporter, designated UT1, from the rat inner medulla which is functionally and structurally distinct from the previously reported kidney ..
- Molecular characterization of a new urea transporter in the human kidneyB Olives
INSERM U76, GIP Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 386:156-60. 1996A cDNA clone (HUT2) sharing 61.1% and 89.9% sequence identity with the human erythroid (HUT11) and the rabbit (UT2) urea transporters, respectively, was isolated by homology cloning from a human kidney library...
- RACH2, a novel human gene that complements a fission yeast cell cycle checkpoint mutationS Davey
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724, USA
Mol Biol Cell 6:1411-21. 1995..This gene, called RACH2, rescues the temperature-sensitive lethality of a rad1-1 wee1-50 double mutant of S. pombe...
- Urea transport and Kidd blood groupsJ P Cartron
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris
Transfus Clin Biol 2:309-15. 1995The gene encoding for the human erythrocyte urea transporter (HUT11 clone) has recently been cloned (Olives et al., J. Biol. Chem., 269, 3/649, 1994). It has been localized at 18q12-q21, like the Kidd blood group gene...
- Rectal endosonography can distinguish benign rectal lesions from invasive early rectal cancersM Starck
Department of Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Colorectal Dis 5:246-50. 2003....
- [Genealogy-based comparative analysis of loose smut resistance of spring common wheat cultivars]S P Martynov
Vavilov All Russian Institute of the Plant Industry, Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, St Petersburg, 190000 Russia
Genetika 39:956-68. 2003..Pedigree analysis of differentiator varieties revealed several sources of the Ut1, Ut3, and Ut4 genes...
- Identification and characterization of a Kidd antigen/UT-B urea transporter expressed in human colonHideki Inoue
Department of Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C30-5. 2004..We conclude that the Kidd antigen/UT-B urea transporter is physiologically expressed in the human colon epithelium, where it could participate in the transport of urea across the colon mucosa...
- Two-dimensional ultrashort echo time imaging using a spiral trajectoryJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of Calfornia San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 26:304-12. 2008..a multiecho sequence employing half-pulse excitation and spiral sampling was developed for ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging of tissues with short T2...
- Improved slice selection for R2* mapping during cryoablation with eddy current compensationAiming Lu
Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:190-8. 2008..the slice profile and image quality of R2* mapping in the iceball during cryoablation with ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging by compensating for eddy currents induced by the selective gradient when half-pulse radiofrequency (RF) ..
- Ultrashort echo time spectroscopic imaging (UTESI) of cortical boneJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California 92103 8226, USA
Magn Reson Med 58:1001-9. 2007..A two-dimensional ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequence employing half radio frequency (RF) pulse excitations and radial ramp sampling reduces the effective TE ..
- Widespread balancing selection and pathogen-driven selection at blood group antigen genesMatteo Fumagalli
Scientific Institute IRCCS E Medea, Bioinformatic Lab, 23842 Bosisio Parini LC, Italy
Genome Res 19:199-212. 2009..In line with this finding, we demonstrate that three BGA genes, namely CD55, CD151, and SLC14A1, have been subjected to balancing selection, a process, rare outside MHC genes, which maintains variability at a ..
- Selective 3D ultrashort TE imaging: comparison of "dual-echo" acquisition and magnetization preparation for improving short-T 2 contrastJürgen Rahmer
Philips Research Laboratories, Hamburg, Germany
MAGMA 20:83-92. 2007The objective of this study was to compare two different schemes for long-T (2) component suppression in ultrashort echo-time (UTE) imaging. The aim was to increase conspicuity of short-T (2) components accessible by the UTE technique.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of entheses. Part 2M Benjamin
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Clin Radiol 63:704-11. 2008..In a previous article new options for visualizing entheses and related structures, including ultrashort echo time (UTE) pulse sequences, and magic angle imaging were described...
- Signal decay correction in 2D ultra-short echo time imagingDetlef Mentrup
Philips Medical Systems, General X Ray Systems, Roentgenstrasse 24, 22335, Hamburg, Germany
MAGMA 19:62-70. 2006In ultra-short echo time (UTE) imaging, the transverse magnetization experiences significant decay during data acquisition, which gives rise to a loss of signal intensity and spatial resolution in conventionally reconstructed images...
- Mammalian urea transportersCraig P Smith
University of Manchester, UK
Exp Physiol 94:180-5. 2009Urea transporters (UTs) encoded by the Slc14a1 (UT-B) and Slc14a2 (UT-A) genes mediate urea flux across cellular membranes. Considerable research has accrued detailing the function and distribution of members of both subfamilies...
- Ultrashort T2* relaxometry for quantitation of highly concentrated superparamagnetic iron oxide (SPIO) nanoparticle labeled cellsWei Liu
Philips Research, North America, Briarcliff Manor, New York 10510, USA
Magn Reson Med 61:761-6. 2009..The measured T(2)* values were about 10% higher than those from the ultrashort TE (UTE) technique. The shorter the TE, the less the measurements deviated from the UTE T(2)* mapping...
- Genetic characterization of the population of Grande Comore Island (Njazidja) according to major blood groupsJacques Chiaroni
Laboratoire Polymorphisme Génétique Humain, Etablissement Francais du Sang Alpes Mediterranee, 13005 Marseille, France
Hum Biol 76:527-41. 2004..As with the language, the Indonesian contribution to the Comorian gene pool was small. These results are in agreement with historical, sociological, and linguistic data...
- Value of rectal ultrasound in predicting staging and outcome in patients with rectal adenocarcinomaSabine Roman
Department of Gastroenterology, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, France
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1323-30. 2004..This retrospective study was designed to determine the prognostic value of uTN classification on survival of patients treated by preoperative radiotherapy and surgery...
- Human imaging of phosphorus in cortical and trabecular bone in vivoMatthew D Robson
University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, MRS Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Magn Reson Med 51:888-92. 2004..An ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequence (TE = 70 microm) was used with half pulse excitation and radial mapping of k-space from the center ..
- ABO, Rh, MNS, Duffy, Kidd,Yt, Scianna, and Colton blood group systems in indigenous ChineseL Yan
Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Blood Center of Zhejiang Province, Wulin Road 345, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310006, P R China
Immunohematology 21:10-4. 2005..94 and 0.06 among Tajiks, respectively. The frequency of the Sc1 allele was 1.00 in both Han and Tajik ethnic populations. The frequency of the Coa allele was 1.00 in Han, She, and Tajik ethnic populations...
- Massive Iron Deposit Assessment (MIDAS)CLAUDIA M contact HILLENBRAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..study aims to extend the clinically useful range of R2*-based HIC measurements by employing ultra short echo time (UTE) imaging to improve sampling of the relaxation curve...
- Growth Regulation of the Normal & Malignant EndometriumLESLIE GOLD; Fiscal Year: 2003..ECA is induced by estrogenic (E2) agents causing hyperproliferation of uterine epithelial cells (UtE). Progesterone (Pg) is therapeutic due its growth inhibitory effect...
- Role of the p53 homolog p73 in cancerUte Moll; Fiscal Year: 2007Principal Investigator/Program Director (Last, first, middle): Moll, Ute, M Title: the Role of p63 and p73 in Cancer PI: Ute M. Moll, M.D. Abstract p53 controls a powerful stress response and is a quintessential tumor suppressor...
- CREATION OF A MULTIETHNIC DIETARY SURVEY FOR ELDERSDeborah Gustafson; Fiscal Year: 2002..a dietary survey that will accurately and reliably assess dietary intakes of elderly Native American (Navajo and Ute) and Caucasian populations in Utah...
- REGULATION OF RAT RENAL INNER MEDULLARY FUNCTIONJEFF SANDS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Understanding how a LPD, AVP, and glucocorticoid regulate urea and water transport could lead to improved therapy to slow progression of renal insufficiency, for diseases with abnormal urinary concentration, or even hypertension. ..
- REGULATION OF RAT RENAL INNER MEDULLARY FUNCTIONJeff M Sands; Fiscal Year: 2010..These data suggest that ubiquitination may regulate retrieval of UT-A1 from the plasma membrane and target it for degradation in the proteasome. ..
- Regulation of Urea Transport by Adrenal SteroidsJEFF SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2005..We also found that UT-A1 protein abundance is decreased during in vivo conditions associated with increased glucocorticoids. ..
- REGULATION OF RAT RENAL INNER MEDULLARY FUNCTIONJEFF SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim 4 will test whether UT-A expression or regulation is altered in rats with a model of SIADH or during vasopressin-escape. ..