Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC14A1
Description: solute carrier family 14 (urea transporter), member 1 (Kidd blood group)
Alias: HUT11, HsT1341, RACH1, RACH2, UT-B1, UT1, UTE, Kidd blood group, SLC14A1 JK, urea transporter 1, urea transporter JK glycoprotein, urea transporter, erythrocyte, urea transporter-B1
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- The SLC14 gene family of urea transportersChairat Shayakul
Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 2 Prannok Rd, Bangkoknoi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Pflugers Arch 447:603-9. 2004..by alternative splicing of the SLC14A2 gene, and (2) the erythrocyte urea transporter UT-B1 encoded by the SLC14A1 gene...
- Ultra-short echo-time MRI detects changes in bone mineralization and water content in OVX rat bone in response to alendronate treatmentS Anumula
Laboratory for Structural NMR Imaging, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Bone 46:1391-9. 2010..phosphorus and decreased water concentration, both quantifiable nondestructively with ultra-short echo-time (UTE) (31)P and (1)H-MRI techniques...
- Three-dimensional ultrashort echo time imaging of solid polymers on a 3-Tesla whole-body MRI scannerFabian Springer
Section on Experimental Radiology, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen Germany
Invest Radiol 43:802-8. 2008With the introduction of ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequences solid polymeric materials might become visible on clinical whole-body magnetic resonance (MR) scanners...
- Is unilateral tonsillar enlargement alone an indication for tonsillectomy?V S Sunkaraneni
Department of Ear, Nose and Throat, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Laryngol Otol 120:E21. 2006..Frequently, these patients are listed for tonsillectomy for the purpose of ruling out malignant histology. This study aims to determine the necessity for tonsillectomy...
- Regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 gene transcription by RUNX1 and RUNX2Marie Bertrand-Philippe
Liver Group, Division of Infection, Inflammation, and Repair, University of Southampton Medical School, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:24530-9. 2004..b>UTE-1 is a regulatory DNA motif essential for TIMP1 promoter activity in a variety of cell types including hepatic ..
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) for minimally invasive resection of rectal adenomas and "Low-risk" carcinomas (uT1, G1 - 2)C Langer
Department of General Surgery, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 40:67-72. 2002..procedure for local removal of large rectal adenomas (>/= 2 cm) and early, so called "low-risk" carcinomas (uT1, G1 - 2) in curative as well as of advanced tumors in palliative intent...
- Vasopressin regulates apical targeting of aquaporin-2 but not of UT1 urea transporter in renal collecting ductT Inoue
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda 20892, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol 276:F559-66. 1999..Thus vasopressin-mediated regulation of AQP2, but not of VRUT, depends on regulated vesicular trafficking to the plasma membrane...
- Renal urea transportersJeff M Sands
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 13:525-32. 2004..cloned from humans and rodents: the UT-A (Slc14A2) gene encodes five protein and eight cDNA isoforms; the UT-B (Slc14A1) gene encodes a single isoform...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the normal pituitary gland using ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequences (REV 1.0)Olivia Portman
Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Praed Street, London W2 1NY, UK
Neuroradiology 50:213-20. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine the normal pituitary gland in male subjects with ultrashort echo time (TE) pulse sequences, describe its appearance and measure its signal intensity before and after contrast enhancement...
- Molecular characterization of a novel urea transporter from kidney inner medullary collecting ductsC Shayakul
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280:F487-94. 2001..Our previous studies have identified three rat urea transporters involved in the urinary concentrating mechanism, UT1, UT2 and UT3, herein renamed UrT1-A, UrT1-B, and UrT2, which exhibit distinct spatial distribution in the kidney...
- Anorectal functional results after transanal endoscopic microsurgery in benign and early malignant tumorsZhiming Jin
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 200233, Shanghai, China
World J Surg 34:1128-32. 2010..The aim of the present study was to analyze the effect of TEM on the manometric results...
- A broad-host-range, generalized transducing phage (SN-T) acquires 16S rRNA genes from different genera of bacteriaAmy Beumer
University of Dayton, 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469 1644, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8301-4. 2005..specific to conserved regions of the 16S rRNA gene, we have found that generalized transducing phages (D3112, UT1, and SN-T), but not specialized transducing phages (D3), acquired entire bacterial 16S rRNA genes...
- Standard state thermodynamic properties of completely dissociated hydrochloric Acid and aqueous sodium hydroxide at extreme temperatures and pressuresEssmaiil Djamali
Department of Chemistry and Center for Hydrothermal Research, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182
J Phys Chem B 113:10792-9. 2009..15 K up to 1000 MPa was predicted from the unified theory of electrolytes (UTE)...
- Effects of in-pulse transverse relaxation in 3D ultrashort echo time sequences: analytical derivation, comparison to numerical simulation and experimental application at 3TFabian Springer
Section on Experimental Radiology, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Magn Reson 206:88-96. 2010The introduction of ultrashort-echo-time-(UTE)-sequences to clinical whole-body MR scanners has opened up the field of MR characterization of materials or tissues with extremely fast signal decay...
- Tonsillectomy for biopsy in children with unilateral tonsillar enlargementEkaterini Spinou
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Monklands General Hospital, Airdrie, Scotland ML6 0RD, UK
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 63:15-7. 2002Unilateral tonsillar enlargement (UTE) may be a sign of underlying malignancy and tonsillectomy is often recommended for histology...
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) following prostatectomy: more favorable acute genitourinary toxicity profile compared to primary IMRT for prostate cancerB S Teh
Department of Radiology Radiation Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 49:465-72. 2001..To report our initial experience on postprostatectomy IMRT (PPI), addressing acute genitourinary (GU) toxicity in comparison to primary IMRT (PI) for prostate cancer...
- Ultrashort TE T1rho (UTE T1rho) imaging of the Achilles tendon and meniscusJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, California 92103 8756, USA
Magn Reson Med 64:834-42. 2010..Mean T(1)rho increased from 2.06 +/- 0.23 to 7.85 +/- 0.74 msec in normal Achilles tendon and from 7.08 +/- 0.64 to 13.42 +/- 0.93 msec in normal meniscus when the spin-lock field was increased from 250 to 1,000 Hz...
- Molecular cloning of urea transporters from the kidneys of baleen and toothed whalesNaoko Birukawa
Division of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 0810, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 149:227-35. 2008..This process is mediated by urea transporters (UTs) encoded by two genes, UT-A (Slc14a2) and UT-B (Slc14a1)...
- Preoperative staging of patients with rectal tumors suitable for transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM): comparison of endorectal ultrasound and histopathologic findingsLuigi Zorcolo
Department of Surgery, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Surg Endosc 23:1384-9. 2009..Accurate preoperative staging is the key to correct selection of rectal tumors for local excision. This study aims to assess the accuracy of endorectal ultrasound (ERUS) at our institution...
- Long-term follow-up of local rectal cancer surgery by transanal endoscopic microsurgeryXavier Serra-Aracil
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Corporacio Sanitaria Parc Tauli, Parc Tauli s n, 08208, Sabadell, Barcelona, Spain
World J Surg 32:1162-7. 2008..In 1997 we launched a prospective program of transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) for the treatment of rectal cancer...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of entheses using ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequencesMichael Benjamin
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 25:381-9. 2007..bone (entheses) is reviewed and new options for visualizing key components of entheses provided by ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequences are described...
- Endoscopic ultrasonography in the diagnosis, staging, and follow-up of anal carcinomasB Magdeburg
Dept of Internal Medicine, Cantonal Hospital, St Gallen, Switzerland
Endoscopy 31:359-64. 1999..The aim of this study is to underline the value of EUS in the staging and follow-up of anal carcinoma...
- A prospective study about functional and anatomic consequences of transanal endoscopic microsurgeryJ A Gracia Solanas
Section of Coloproctology, Department of Surgery B Hospital Clínico Universitario, Zargoza, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 98:234-40. 2006..The objective of this study is to analyze the effect of this technique in the anal anatomy and compare with the manometric results...
- Structure and characterization of the mouse UT-A gene (Slc14a2)R A Fenton
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F630-8. 2002..These proteins are the products of two closely related genes, termed UT-A (Slc14a2) and UT-B (Slc14a1)...
- Ultrashort TE spectroscopic imaging (UTESI): application to the imaging of short T2 relaxation tissues in the musculoskeletal systemJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 29:412-21. 2009..To investigate ultrashort TE spectroscopic imaging (UTESI) of short T2 tissues in the musculoskeletal (MSK) system...
- Characterization of a human colonic cDNA encoding a structurally novel urea transporter, hUT-A6Craig P Smith
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, G 38, Stopford Bldg, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 287:C1087-93. 2004Two closely related genes, UT-A (Slc14a2) and UT-B (Slc14a1), encode specialized transporter proteins that modulate the movement of urea across cell membranes...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of entheses. Part 1M Benjamin
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Clin Radiol 63:691-703. 2008..Ultrashort echo time (UTE) pulse sequences can identify the specific tissue components of entheses and differentiate cortical bone, calcified ..
- Phase contrast ultrashort TE: A more reliable technique for measurement of high-velocity turbulent stenotic jetsKieran R O'Brien
Bioengineering Institute, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Magn Reson Med 62:626-36. 2009..A new sequence incorporating velocity-dependent slice excitation and ultrashort TE (UTE) centric radial readout trajectories is proposed that reduces TE from 2.85 to 0.65 ms...
- Ultrashort echo time MR imaging of osteochondral junction of the knee at 3 T: identification of anatomic structures contributing to signal intensityWon C Bae
Departments of Radiology and Bioengineering and Department of Radiology, Rady Children s Hospital, University of California San Diego, 200 W Arbor Dr, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Radiology 254:837-45. 2010..occurring and experimentally prepared human cartilage-bone specimens at 3 T by using ultrashort echo time (TE) (UTE) and conventional pulse sequences to (a) determine the appearance of the signal intensity patterns and (b) identify ..
- Cross-validation of magnetic resonance elastography and ultrasound-based transient elastography: a preliminary phantom studyJennifer Oudry
Echosens, Research and Development Department, Paris, France
J Magn Reson Imaging 30:1145-50. 2009To cross-validate two recent noninvasive elastographic techniques, ultrasound-based transient elastography (UTE) and magnetic resonance elastography (MRE)...
- Using adiabatic inversion pulses for long-T2 suppression in ultrashort echo time (UTE) imagingPeder E Z Larson
Magnetic Resonance Systems Research Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Magn Reson Med 58:952-61. 2007Ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging is a technique that can visualize tissues with sub-millisecond T(2) values that have little or no signal in conventional MRI techniques...
- Ultra-short echo time cardiovascular magnetic resonance of atherosclerotic carotid plaqueCheuk F Chan
National Heart and Lung Institute, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 12:17. 2010..The aim of this preliminary study was to show the potential of Ultra-short Echo Time (UTE) subtraction MR in detecting calcification.
- k-space water-fat decomposition with T2* estimation and multifrequency fat spectrum modeling for ultrashort echo time imagingKang Wang
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705 2275, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 31:1027-34. 2010To demonstrate the feasibility of combining a chemical shift-based water-fat separation method (IDEAL) with a 2D ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequence for imaging and quantification of the short T(2) tissues with robust fat suppression.
- Acquisition-weighted stack of spirals for fast high-resolution three-dimensional ultra-short echo time MR imagingYongxian Qian
MR Research Center, Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Magn Reson Med 60:135-45. 2008Ultra-short echo time (UTE) MRI requires both short excitation ( approximately 0.5 ms) and short acquisition delay (<0.2 ms) to minimize T(2)-induced signal decay...
- Long-term oncologic results of patients with distal rectal cancer treated by local excision with or without adjuvant treatmentByung Soh Min
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine Yonsei University, Seodamun Gu Shincheon Dong 134, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:1325-30. 2007..The aim of this study is to review long-term oncologic results of local excision (LE) and to investigate the validity and feasibility of LE as a treatment option for distal rectal cancer...
- Ultrashort TE chemical shift imaging (UTE-CSI)Matthew D Robson
University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, MRS Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Magn Reson Med 53:267-74. 2005..These artifacts were not found to be significant in the described applications. This new method allows us to obtain information on short T2 components without degrading the image quality from long T2 components...
- Magnetization transfer contrast imaging in bovine and human cortical bone applying an ultrashort echo time sequence at 3 TeslaFabian Springer
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Magn Reson Med 61:1040-8. 2009..The introduction of ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequences to clinical whole-body MR scanners expands the possibility of MT imaging to tissues with extremely fast ..
- Intra- and intergenotypic variations among human cytomegalovirus gB genotypesS Chantaraarphonkun
Inter Department of Medical Microbiology, Graduate School, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Intervirology 50:78-84. 2007..To study genotypic variations among human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) gB genotypes in clinical samples of Thai patients...
- Uncaria tomentosa extract increases the number of myeloid progenitor cells in the bone marrow of mice infected with Listeria monocytogenesSamara Eberlin
Departamento de Farmacologia Hemocentro, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, C P 6111, CEP 13083 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 5:1235-46. 2005In this study, we demonstrated that Uncaria tomentosa extract (UTE) protects mice from a lethal dose of Listeria monocytogenes when administered prophylactically at 50, 100, 150 and 200 mg/kg for 7 days, with survival rates up to 35%...
- Intragranulomatous necrosis in pulmonary granulomas is not related to resistance against Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in experimental murine models induced by aerosolEvelyn Guirado
Unitat de Tuberculosi Experimental, Department of Microbiology, Fundació Institut per a la Investigació en Ciències de la Salut Germans Trias i Pujol and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Exp Pathol 87:139-49. 2006..tuberculosis strain (UTE 0335R) that naturally induces INPG...
- Ultrashort echo time for improved positive-contrast manganese-enhanced MRI of cancerJoris Tchouala Nofiele
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e58617. 2013..To overcome these limitations, this study investigates the use of ultrashort echo time (UTE) and subtraction UTE (SubUTE) imaging for more sensitive and specific determination of Mn accumulation.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of solid dental restoration materials using 3D UTE sequences: visualization and relaxometry of various compoundsUlrich Grosse
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Tuebingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
MAGMA 26:555-64. 2013..Therefore, signal yield and relaxation behavior of common dental restoration materials in comparison to those of dentine of extracted human teeth were assessed in vitro by ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequences.
- The urea transporter family (SLC14): physiological, pathological and structural aspectsChairat Shayakul
Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Mol Aspects Med 34:313-22. 2013..two genes with a total of eight isoforms in mammals, UT-A1 to -A6 encoded by SLC14A2 and UT-B1 to -B2 encoded by SLC14A1. Recent efforts have been directed toward understanding the molecular and cellular mechanisms involved in the ..
- Correlation of meniscal T2* with multiphoton microscopy, and change of articular cartilage T2 in an ovine model of meniscal repairM F Koff
MRI Research Laboratory, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 21:1083-91. 2013To correlate meniscal T2* relaxation times using ultra-short echo time (UTE) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with quantitative microscopic methods, and to determine the effect of meniscal repair on post-operative cartilage T2 values.
- Assessing lung transplantation ischemia-reperfusion injury by microcomputed tomography and ultrashort echo-time magnetic resonance imaging in a mouse modelMoritz C Wurnig
From the Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, and Division of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Zurich and Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University and Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Invest Radiol 49:23-8. 2014..The purpose of this study was to compare ultrashort echo-time (UTE) sequences in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with a microcomputed tomography (micro-CT) reference standard for ..
- Mineralization in calcified plaque is like that of cortical bone--further evidence from ultrashort echo time (UTE) magnetic resonance imaging of carotid plaque calcification and cortical boneJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, California 92103 8226
Med Phys 40:102301. 2013..aims to investigate carotid plaque calcification (CPC) using two-dimensional (2D) and 3D ultrashort echo time (UTE) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) sequences and compare T1, T2*, water concentration, and bone mineral density (BMD)..
- MRI of the brain with ultra-short echo-time pulse sequencesA Waldman
Department of Imaging, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, W6 8RF London, England
Neuroradiology 45:887-92. 2003..We wished to use ultra-short (0.08 ms) echo time (UTE) pulse sequences to assess the feasibility of imaging these in normal subjects and patients...
- A novel phase-corrected 3D cine ultra-short te (UTE) phase-contrast MRI techniqueMo Kadbi
Medical Imaging Lab, Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, United States
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:77-81. 2012..In this work, a novel 3D cine UTE-PC imaging method is designed to measure the blood velocity in the carotid bifurcation using a UTE center-out ..
- Stomatin interacts with GLUT1/SLC2A1, band 3/SLC4A1, and aquaporin-1 in human erythrocyte membrane domainsStefanie Rungaldier
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1828:956-66. 2013..Moreover, ferroportin-1 (SLC40A1), urea transporter-1 (SLC14A1), nucleoside transporter (SLC29A1), the calcium-pump (Ca-ATPase-4), CD47, and flotillins were identified as ..
- Quantitative ultrashort echo time (UTE) MRI of human cortical bone: correlation with porosity and biomechanical propertiesWon C Bae
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103 8226, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:848-57. 2012In this study we describe the use of ultrashort echo time (UTE) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to evaluate short and long T2* components as well as the water content of cortical bone...
- [Prognosis of epidermoid anal carcinoma regression after conservative treatment]G I Vorob'ev
Vopr Onkol 50:663-7. 2004..There were no tumors confined to the subendothelial layer of the anal canal (uT1); 24 (32.4%) tumors were confined to the internal anal sphincter (uT2); 19 (25...
- High-resolution ZTE imaging of human teethMarkus Weiger
Bruker Biospin AG, Faellanden, Switzerland
NMR Biomed 25:1144-51. 2012..ZTE results are compared with UTE (ultra-short echo time) MRI and micro-computed tomography (μCT), revealing significant differences in SNR and CNR ..
- Regional variations of T₂* in healthy and pathologic achilles tendon in vivo at 7 Tesla: preliminary resultsVladimir Juras
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, High Field MR Center of Excellence, Vienna, Austria
Magn Reson Med 68:1607-13. 2012..was to investigate T₂* in the Achilles tendon (AT), in vivo, using a three-dimensional ultrashort time echo (3D-UTE) sequence, to compare field strength differences (3 and 7 T) and to evaluate a regional variation of T₂* in ..
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the Achilles tendon using ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequencesM D Robson
MRS Unit, Oxford University Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Clin Radiol 59:727-35. 2004To assess the potential value of imaging the Achilles tendon with ultrashort echo time (UTE) pulse sequences.
- Quantitative 3D ultrashort time-to-echo (UTE) MRI and micro-CT (μCT) evaluation of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) condylar morphologyDaniel Geiger
Department of Radiological, Oncological and Pathological Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome, V le Regina Elena 324, Rome, Italy, 00161
Skeletal Radiol 43:19-25. 2014..The purpose of this study was to determine the accuracy of novel 3D-UTE MRI versus micro-CT (μCT) for quantitative evaluation of mandibular condyle morphology.
- Ultrashort time-to-echo MRI of the cartilaginous endplate: technique and association with intervertebral disc degenerationTravis Law
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 57:427-34. 2013The purpose of this study was to report the feasibility of the ultrashort time-to-echo (UTE) MRI technique to assess cartilaginous endplate (CEP) defects in humans in vivo and to assess their relationship with intervertebral disc (IVD) ..
- Magnetic resonace-based attenuation correction for micro-single-photon emission computed tomographyVincent Keereman
Ghent University Hospital IBiTech De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Mol Imaging 11:155-65. 2012..An ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequence yields signal in bone and lungs. Micro-SPECT, micro-CT, and MR images of 18 rats were acquired...
- Meniscal calcifications: morphologic and quantitative evaluation by using 2D inversion-recovery ultrashort echo time and 3D ultrashort echo time 3.0-T MR imaging techniques--feasibility studyPatrick Omoumi
Department of Radiology, University of Califonia San Diego, 408 Dickinson St, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Radiology 264:260-8. 2012To assess the ability of ultrashort echo time (UTE) magnetic resonance (MR) imaging techniques to enable morphologic assessment of different types of meniscal calcifications, to compare these sequences with standard clinical sequences, ..
- Zero echo time magnetic resonance imaging of contrast-agent-enhanced calcium phosphate bone defect fillersYi Sun
Department of Radiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tissue Eng Part C Methods 19:281-7. 2013..MRI) of bone is cumbersome, due to low water content and very short T(2) relaxation time, ultra-short echo time (UTE) and zero echo time (ZTE) MRI have been explored for bone visualization...
- Ultrashort echo time (UTE) MRI for the assessment of caries lesionsA K Bracher
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital of Ulm, Germany
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 42:20120321. 2013Direct in vivo MRI of dental hard tissues by applying ultrashort echo time (UTE) MRI techniques has recently been reported...
- A robust ultrashort TE (UTE) imaging method with corrected k-space trajectory by using parametric multiple function model of gradient waveformMasahiro Takizawa
MRI System Division, Hitachi Medical Corporation, Chiba, Japan
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 32:306-16. 2013Ultra-short TE (UTE) sequences with radial sampling make it possible to visualize tissues with very short T2 decay times...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the temporomandibular joint disc: feasibility of novel quantitative magnetic resonance evaluation using histologic and biomechanical reference standardsHatice T Sanal
Department of Radiology, Gulhane Military Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
J Orofac Pain 25:345-53. 2011To use the ultrashort time-to-echo magnetic resonance imaging (UTE MRI) technique to quantify short T2* properties (obtained through gradient echo) of a disc from the human temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and to corroborate regional T2* ..
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the liver with ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequencesKaryn E Chappell
Imaging Sciences Department, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, England
J Magn Reson Imaging 18:709-13. 2003To assess the feasibility of imaging the liver in volunteers and patients with ultrashort echo time (UTE) pulse sequences.
- Intragranulomatous necrosis in lungs of mice infected by aerosol with Mycobacterium tuberculosis is related to bacterial load rather than to any one cytokine or T cell typeOlga Gil
Unitat de Tuberculosi Experimental, Department of Microbiology, Fundació Institut per a la Investigació en Ciències de la Salut Germans Trias i Pujol and Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Microbes Infect 8:628-36. 2006Low dose aerosol infection of C57BL/6 mice with a clinical strain of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (UTE 0335 R) induced intragranulomatous necrosis in pulmonary granulomas (INPG) at week 9 postinfection...
- Cloning and functional expression of a urea transporter from human bone marrow cellsB Olives
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 269:31649-52. 1994..A. (1993) Nature 365, 844-847). We now report the cloning and characterization of a complementary DNA (HUT11) encoding an urea transporter isolated from a human bone marrow library...
- [Indications and limits to endourologic procedures for endometriosis of the urinary tract]G Marino
SC Urologia, SC Anatomia Patologica ASL T0 5 Chieri Torino, Italy
Urologia 77:16-9. 2010The incidence of Urinary tract endometriosis (UTE) ranges from 1% to 3%; bladder is the most affected organ (85% of UTE), followed by ureter (12 - 14% of UTE), for which we distinguish an intrinsic very rare form and an extrinsic variety ..
- Characterization of Jk(a+(weak)): a new blood group phenotype associated with an altered JK*01 alleleElisabet S Wester
Division of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Transfusion 51:380-92. 2011..Other inherited variants analogous to Fy(x) and weak D phenotypes have not been characterized for JK, although recent abstracts indicate their presence...
- Single-slice mapping of ultrashort T(2)Stefan Kirsch
Computer Assisted Clinical Medicine, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
J Magn Reson 210:133-6. 2011..sequence consists of a spin echo preparation of the magnetization followed by slice-selective ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging with radial k-space sampling...
- Expression of blood group genes by mesenchymal stem cellsRichard SchAfer
Institute of Clinical and Experimental Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Br J Haematol 153:520-8. 2011..The presence of H (CD173), ABO, RhD, RhCE, RhAG, Kell, urea transporter type B (SLC14A1, previously known as JK), and Duffy antigen receptor of chemokines (DARC) was evaluated at the levels of genome, ..
- Short T2 contrast with three-dimensional ultrashort echo time imagingJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, CA 92103 8226, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 29:470-82. 2011..In this paper, we describe the use of three-dimensional ultrashort echo time (3D UTE) sequences with TEs down to 8 μs for imaging of these species...
- The emerging physiological roles of the SLC14A family of urea transportersGavin Stewart
School of Biology and Environmental Science, College of Life Sciences, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Br J Pharmacol 164:1780-92. 2011..These proteins are derived from two distinct genes, UT-A (SLC14A2) and UT-B (SLC14A1)...
- Reappraisal of nitrogen use efficiency in rice overexpressing glutamine synthetase1Elizabeth K Brauer
Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Physiol Plant 141:361-72. 2011..This paper tested the hypothesis that overexpression (OX) of GS1 in rice improves utilization N use efficiency (UtE = spikelet yield/shoot N content)...
- Qualitative and quantitative ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging of cortical boneJiang Du
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Diego, United States
J Magn Reson 207:304-11. 2010We describe the use of two-dimensional ultrashort echo time (2D UTE) sequences with minimum TEs of 8 μs to image and quantify cortical bone on a clinical 3T scanner...
- Ellen Pence appreciation: letters from Britain and EuropeRebecca Emerson Dobash
Criminology, School of Law, University of Manchester, UK
Violence Against Women 16:1045-54. 2010..Respect is the national association for professionals working with people to end their abusive behavior. Europe-Rosa Logar (Austria) and Ute Roesemann (Germany), WAVE network -Women Against Violence Europe.
- Novel alleles at the JK blood group locus explain the absence of the erythrocyte urea transporter in European familiesNidal M Irshaid
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Br J Haematol 116:445-53. 2002..Two novel molecular alterations at the JK locus were defined and a multiplex polymerase chain reaction method for detection of the five known silent Jk alleles was developed to complement JK genotyping in clinical transfusion medicine...
- Robust, high-throughput solution for blood group genotypingGaelle C Le Goff
Equipe Génie Enzymatique, Membranes Biomimetiques et Assemblages Supramoleculaires, Institut de Chimie et Biochimie Moleculaires et Supramoleculaires, CNRS 5246 ICBMS, Universite Lyon 1, Bâtiment CPE, 43 Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Anal Chem 82:6185-92. 2010..For the Kell, Kidd, Duffy, and MNS3/MNS4 systems, high matching percentages of 100%, 98.9%, 97.7%, and 97.4% were obtained, respectively, whereas a concordance percentage of 83.3% only was attained for the MNS1/MNS2 polymorphism...
- Accuracy of peripheral quantitative computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in assessing cortical bone cross-sectional area: a cadaver studyOlivia Louis
Department of Radiology, UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Comput Assist Tomogr 34:469-72. 2010..The present study aimed to assess the accuracy of peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in assessing the cortical cross-sectional area (CCSA) at the level of the tibia...
- Antigenic and functional properties of the human red blood cell urea transporter hUT-B1Nicole Lucien
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, 6 rue Alexandre Cabanel, 75015 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 277:34101-8. 2002..Jk(b) antigens, respectively, thus providing the first direct demonstration that the hUT-B1 gene encodes the Kidd blood group antigens...
- Characterization of mouse urea transporters UT-A1 and UT-A2R A Fenton
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F817-25. 2002Specialized transporter proteins that are the products of two closely related genes, UT-A (Slc14a2) and UT-B (Slc14a1), modulate the movement of urea across cell membranes...
- Quantifying sclerotic bone metastases with 2D ultra short TE MRI: a feasibility studyC Messiou
Cancer Research UK Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Downs Road, Surrey, UK
Cancer Biomark 7:211-8. 2010..The aims of this study were to optimize a 2D UTE MRI sequence for imaging and quantification of sclerotic bone metastases, establish T2* values of sclerotic ..
- European genome-wide association study identifies SLC14A1 as a new urinary bladder cancer susceptibility geneThorunn Rafnar
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Hum Mol Genet 20:4268-81. 2011..17, P = 7.6 × 10(-11). SLC14A1 codes for UTs that define the Kidd blood group and are crucial for the maintenance of a constant urea concentration gradient in the renal medulla and, ..
- Urea transport and Kidd blood groupsJ P Cartron
INSERM U76, Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris
Transfus Clin Biol 2:309-15. 1995..J. Biol. Chem., 269, 3/649, 1994). It has been localized at 18q12-q21, like the Kidd blood group gene...
- RACH2, a novel human gene that complements a fission yeast cell cycle checkpoint mutationS Davey
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724, USA
Mol Biol Cell 6:1411-21. 1995..This gene, called RACH2, rescues the temperature-sensitive lethality of a rad1-1 wee1-50 double mutant of S. pombe...
- Molecular characterization of a new urea transporter in the human kidneyB Olives
INSERM U76, GIP Institut National de la Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 386:156-60. 1996A cDNA clone (HUT2) sharing 61.1% and 89.9% sequence identity with the human erythroid (HUT11) and the rabbit (UT2) urea transporters, respectively, was isolated by homology cloning from a human kidney library...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the vasopressin-regulated urea transporter of rat kidney collecting ductsC Shayakul
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 98:2580-7. 1996..We report here the cloning of a novel urea transporter, designated UT1, from the rat inner medulla which is functionally and structurally distinct from the previously reported kidney ..
- [Urea transporters]P Ripoche
Service de biologique cellulaire, CEA Saclay, Gif sur Yvette
Nephrologie 17:383-8. 1996..A saturable transport of thiourea was only observed into oocytes expressing UT11. Moreover, hUT11 is encoded by the kidd locus, but, Jk (a-b-) individuals, in the absence of this urea transporter did not present ..
- The molecular basis of the Kidd blood group polymorphism and its lack of association with type 1 diabetes susceptibilityB Olives
INSERM U76, GIP INTS, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 6:1017-20. 1997The Kidd blood group locus encodes a urea transporter which is expressed on human red cells and in the kidney...
- [Preoperative radiotherapy of rectal cancer. The Lyons experience, 1985-1996. Prognostic study apropos of 312 patients]J P Gerard
Service de radiothérapie oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Ann Chir 53:1003-10. 1999..Preoperative radiotherapy is used increasingly in rectal cancer in Europe. This study is a retrospective analysis of a series of 312 patients with rectal adenocarcinoma treated by preoperative radiotherapy...
- Individualized surgical strategies for cancer of the esophagogastric junctionH J Stein
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Germany
Ann Chir Gynaecol 89:191-8. 2000..In patients with early tumors, staged as uT1 on preoperative endosonography, a limited resection of the proximal stomach, cardia and distal esophagus with ..
- U box proteins as a new family of ubiquitin-protein ligasesS Hatakeyama
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:33111-20. 2001..These data suggest that U box proteins constitute a third family of E3 enzymes and that E4 activity may reflect a specialized type of E3 activity...
- Preoperative endoscopic ultrasonography in patients with gastric cancerG Mancino
Centro Riferimento Oncologico della Basilicata, Rionero in Vulture PZ, Milan, Italy
Tumori 86:139-41. 2000..The results of EUS were correlated with the histologic findings of the resected specimens. RESULTS: In the uT1 group, which corresponds to early gastric cancer, the diagnosis was histologically confirmed in 85.7% of the cases...
- Cloning and regulation of expression of the rat kidney urea transporter (rUT2)C P Smith
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachussetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 96:1556-63. 1995..acid sequence identity to rabbit UT2 and 64% identity to the recently cloned human erythrocyte urea transporter, HUT11 (Olives, B., P. Neav, P. Bailly, M.A. Hediger, G. Rousselet, J.P. Cartron, and P. Ripoch J. Biol. Chem. 1994...
- Conventional and ultrashort time-to-echo magnetic resonance imaging of articular cartilage, meniscus, and intervertebral diskWon C Bae
Department of Radiology, University of California San Diego, CA 92103 8226, USA
Top Magn Reson Imaging 21:275-89. 2010..With the advent and refinement of ultrashort time-to-echo (UTE) MRI techniques, it is now possible to directly visualize and quantitatively characterize these tissues...
- High-resolution ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging on human knee with AWSOS sequence at 3.0 TYongxian Qian
MR Research Center, Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 35:204-10. 2012To demonstrate the technical feasibility of high-resolution (0.28-0.14 mm) ultrashort echo time (UTE) imaging on human knee at 3T with the acquisition-weighted stack of spirals (AWSOS) sequence.
- Optimizing MR signal contrast of the temporomandibular joint diskMichael Carl
GE Healthcare, San Diego, California, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:1458-64. 2011To use a tissue specific algorithm to numerically optimize UTE sequence parameters to maximize contrast within temporomandibular joint (TMJ) donor tissue.
- Prevalence and management of urinary tract endometriosis: a clinical case seriesBoris Gabriel
Department of Gynecologic Surgery, Strasbourg University Hospital Hautepierre and CMCO, and IRCAD EITS, Strasbourg, France
Urology 78:1269-74. 2011To report on the prevalence, surgical management, and outcome of urinary tract endometriosis (UTE) in a cohort of 221 patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery for severe endometriosis...
- Rectal endosonography can distinguish benign rectal lesions from invasive early rectal cancersM Starck
Department of Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Colorectal Dis 5:246-50. 2003....
- [Genealogy-based comparative analysis of loose smut resistance of spring common wheat cultivars]S P Martynov
Vavilov All Russian Institute of the Plant Industry, Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, St Petersburg, 190000 Russia
Genetika 39:956-68. 2003..Pedigree analysis of differentiator varieties revealed several sources of the Ut1, Ut3, and Ut4 genes...
- Human imaging of phosphorus in cortical and trabecular bone in vivoMatthew D Robson
University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, MRS Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Magn Reson Med 51:888-92. 2004..An ultrashort TE (UTE) pulse sequence (TE = 70 microm) was used with half pulse excitation and radial mapping of k-space from the center ..
- Value of rectal ultrasound in predicting staging and outcome in patients with rectal adenocarcinomaSabine Roman
Department of Gastroenterology, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, France
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1323-30. 2004..This retrospective study was designed to determine the prognostic value of uTN classification on survival of patients treated by preoperative radiotherapy and surgery...
- Quantitative characterization of the Achilles tendon in cadaveric specimens: T1 and T2* measurements using ultrashort-TE MRI at 3 TGuinel H Filho
Department of Radiology, University of California, 408 Dickinson St, San Diego, CA 92103 8226, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 192:W117-24. 2009..quantitative means of evaluating the intrinsic T1 and T2(*) values of the Achilles tendon through the measurement of T1 recovery and T2(*) relaxation times, respectively, using ultrashort-TE (UTE) MRI at 3 T with histologic correlation.
- Evaluation of an MRI Biomarker for Meniscal RepairHollis G Potter; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, ultra-short echo (UTE) sequences have been developed to display image contrast within the meniscus as well as producing multi-echo images ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR PATHOGENESES OF URINARY INFECTIONJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2004..and resource investigators has the following objectives: 1) to discover the mechanisms of pathogenesis of UT1 caused by E. coli, P. mirabilis...
- 3T MRI OF THE TMJ USING SHORT AND ULTRASHORT ECHO TIME (UTE) TECHNIQUESChristine Chung; Fiscal Year: 2009..With novel ultrashort echo time (UTE) sequences we can now assess these tissues, allowing us to quantitatively evaluate the tissues to ascertain their ..
- Growth Regulation of the Normal & Malignant EndometriumLESLIE GOLD; Fiscal Year: 2003..ECA is induced by estrogenic (E2) agents causing hyperproliferation of uterine epithelial cells (UtE). Progesterone (Pg) is therapeutic due its growth inhibitory effect...
- GENETIC PROFILE OF BREAST CANCER IN WOMEN EXPOSED IN UTECarol Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..abstract_text> ..
- CREATION OF A MULTIETHNIC DIETARY SURVEY FOR ELDERSDeborah Gustafson; Fiscal Year: 2002..a dietary survey that will accurately and reliably assess dietary intakes of elderly Native American (Navajo and Ute) and Caucasian populations in Utah...
- Regulation of Urea Transport by Adrenal SteroidsJEFF SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2005..We also found that UT-A1 protein abundance is decreased during in vivo conditions associated with increased glucocorticoids. ..