Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC13A2
Description: solute carrier family 13 member 2
Alias: NADC1, NaCT, NaDC-1, SDCT1, solute carrier family 13 member 2, Na(+)-coupled citrate transporter, Na(+)/dicarboxylate cotransporter 1, renal sodium/dicarboxylate cotransporter, solute carrier family 13 (sodium-dependent dicarboxylate transporter), member 2
- Moreno RodrÃguez A, Torrado DurÃ¡n S, Molero G, GarcÃa RodrÃguez J, Torrado Santiago S. Efficacy and toxicity evaluation of new amphotericin B micelle systems for brain fungal infections. Int J Pharm. 2015;494:17-22 pubmed publisher..AmB:NaDC 1:0.8 and 1:1...
- Lin Y, Yu M, Lin S, Lee S, Chen C, Chen D, et al. Genome-wide association analysis identifies a GLUL haplotype for familial hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer. 2017;123:3966-3976 pubmed publisher..2 (solute carrier family 13 member 2 [SLC13A2]/forkhead box N1 [FOXN1])...
- Slawinska A, Plowiec A, Siwek M, Jaroszewski M, Bednarczyk M. Long-Term Transcriptomic Effects of Prebiotics and Synbiotics Delivered In Ovo in Broiler Chickens. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0168899 pubmed publisher..involved in gene expression (PAPOLA, RPL27A, RPLP1, and RPS29) from P1 and P2 in transport (BEST4, SLC9A3, and SLC13A2), metabolism (OGT, ALPP, CA4, and CA7), signaling (FGG, G3BP2, UBB, G3BP2, CACNA1G, and ATP6V0A4), and immune ..
- Pajor A, Sun N. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the human Na+-dicarboxylate cotransporter affect transport activity and protein expression. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;299:F704-11 pubmed publisher..citric acid cycle intermediates in the intestine and kidney is mediated by the Na(+)-dicarboxylate cotransporter, NaDC1. In the kidney, NaDC1 plays an important role in regulating succinate and citrate concentrations in the urine, ..
- Colas C, Schlessinger A, Pajor A. Mapping Functionally Important Residues in the Na+/Dicarboxylate Cotransporter, NaDC1. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4432-4441 pubmed publisher..modeled mammalian members of the SLC13 family, including the Na+/dicarboxylate cotransporter NaDC1 (SLC13A2), based on a structure of the bacterial homologue VcINDY in an inward-facing conformation with one sodium ion ..
- Pajor A, Sun N. Molecular cloning, chromosomal organization, and functional characterization of a sodium-dicarboxylate cotransporter from mouse kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;279:F482-90 pubmed..The gene coding for mNaDC-1, Slc13a2, is found on chromosome 11. The gene is approximately 24.9 kb in length and contains 12 exons...
- Inoue K, Zhuang L, Ganapathy V. Human Na+ -coupled citrate transporter: primary structure, genomic organization, and transport function. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;299:465-71 pubmedThis paper describes the cloning and functional characterization of the human Na(+)-coupled citrate transporter (NaCT). The cloned human NaCT shows 77% sequence identity with rat NaCT...
- Lee H, Handlogten M, Osis G, Clapp W, Wakefield D, Verlander J, et al. Expression of sodium-dependent dicarboxylate transporter 1 (NaDC1/SLC13A2) in normal and neoplastic human kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;312:F427-F435 pubmed publisher..Although luminal dicarboxylate reabsorption via NaDC1 (SLC13A2) is believed to be the primary mechanism regulating renal dicarboxylate transport, the specific localization of ..
- Rendina D, De Filippo G, Gianfrancesco F, Muscariello R, Schiano di Cola M, Strazzullo P, et al. Evidence for epistatic interaction between VDR and SLC13A2 genes in the pathogenesis of hypocitraturia in recurrent calcium oxalate stone formers. J Nephrol. 2017;30:411-418 pubmed publisher..The Na+-dicarboxylate cotransporter NaDC1, encoded by the sodium-dicarboxylate cotransporter (SLC13A2) gene, is a major determinant of urinary citrate excretion and its biological functions are regulated also by the ..
- Bai X, Chen X, Fen Z, Wu D, Hou K, Cheng G, et al. Expression of EGFP/SDCT1 fusion protein, subcellular localization signal analysis, tissue distribution and electrophysiological function study. Sci China C Life Sci. 2004;47:530-9 pubmedFull-length cDNA gene of sodium-dependent dicarboxylate co-transporter protein 1 (SDCT1) is cloned from normal human kidney tissue and inserted into EGFP (enhanced green fluorescent protein) expression vector along with N-terminal and C-..
- Pajor A. Molecular cloning and functional expression of a sodium-dicarboxylate cotransporter from human kidney. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:F642-8 pubmed
- Bergeron M, Bürzle M, Kovacs G, Simonin A, Hediger M. Synthesis, maturation, and trafficking of human Na+-dicarboxylate cotransporter NaDC1 requires the chaperone activity of cyclophilin B. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:11242-53 pubmed publisher..stone formation, is controlled mainly by reabsorption via the apical Na(+)-dicarboxylate cotransporter NaDC1 (SLC13A2) in the proximal tubule...
- Weerachayaphorn J, Pajor A. Threonine-509 is a determinant of apparent affinity for both substrate and cations in the human Na+/dicarboxylate cotransporter. Biochemistry. 2008;47:1087-93 pubmedThe Na+/dicarboxylate cotransporter (NaDC1) is involved in the absorption of citric acid cycle intermediates from the lumen of the renal proximal tubule and small intestine...
- Wang S, Zhang C, Zhang Z, Qian W, Sun Y, Ji B, et al. Transcriptome analysis in primary colorectal cancer tissues from patients with and without liver metastases using next-generation sequencing. Cancer Med. 2017;6:1976-1987 pubmed publisher..The validation showed that three most significantly upregulated DEGs were HOXD10, UGT2A3, and SLC13A2, whereas the five most significantly downregulated DEGs were SPP1, CXCL8, MMP3, OSM, and CXCL6, respectively...
- Pajor A. Molecular properties of the SLC13 family of dicarboxylate and sulfate transporters. Pflugers Arch. 2006;451:597-605 pubmed..The other members of the family (NaDC1, NaDC3, and NaCT) are transporters for di- and tri-carboxylates including succinate, citrate and alpha-..
- Meinild A, Loo D, Pajor A, Zeuthen T, Wright E. Water transport by the renal Na(+)-dicarboxylate cotransporter. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;278:F777-83 pubmed..These results indicate that the renal Na(+)-dicarboxylate cotransporter mediates water transport and, under physiological conditions, may contribute to fluid reabsorption across the proximal tubule...
- Mann S, Hart T, Pettenati M, Von Kap Herr C, Holmes R. Assignment of the sodium-dependent dicarboxylate transporter gene (SLC13A2 alias NaDC-1) to human chromosome region 17p11.1-->q11.1 by radiation hybrid mapping and fluorescence in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;84:89-90 pubmed
- Bai L, Pajor A. Expression cloning of NaDC-2, an intestinal Na(+)- or Li(+)-dependent dicarboxylate transporter. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:G267-74 pubmed..The differences in functional properties between NaDC-2 and the structurally related Na(+)-dicarboxylate cotransporters NaDC-1 and hNaDC-1 will form the basis of detailed structure-function studies...
- Pajor A, Randolph K. Conformationally sensitive residues in extracellular loop 5 of the Na+/dicarboxylate co-transporter. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18728-35 pubmed..Conformational changes in the protein affect the accessibility of the residues in extracellular loop 5 and provide further evidence of large-scale changes in the structure of NaDC-1 during the transport cycle. ..