Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SIX1
Description: SIX homeobox 1
Alias: BOS3, DFNA23, TIP39, homeobox protein SIX1, sine oculis homeobox homolog 1
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- Homeobox genes and connective tissue patterningG Oliver
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Gottingen, Germany
Development 121:693-705. 1995..Six 1 and Six 2 also are expressed in skeletal and smooth muscle, respectively. These genes may participate in the patterning of the distal tendons of the limb phalanges by setting positional values along the limb axes...
- Gene expression in Wilms' tumor mimics the earliest committed stage in the metanephric mesenchymal-epithelial transitionChi Ming Li
Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 160:2181-90. 2002..are essential for cell survival and proliferation in early metanephric development, whereas others, including SIX1, MOX1, and SALL2, are predicted to act at this stage...
- Cell cycle-regulated phosphorylation of the human SIX1 homeodomain proteinH L Ford
Division of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, the Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, and the Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 275:22245-54. 2000Human SIX1 (HSIX1) is a member of the Six class of homeodomain proteins implicated in muscle, eye, head, and brain development...
- The role of Six1 in mammalian auditory system developmentWeiming Zheng
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 130:3989-4000. 2003..However, their roles during auditory system development have not been studied. We report that Six1 is required for mouse auditory system development...
- SIX1 mutation screening in 247 branchio-oto-renal syndrome families: a recurrent missense mutation associated with BORAmit Kochhar
Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Mutat 29:565. 2008..Both EYA1 and SIX1 are expressed in developing otic, branchial and renal tissue...
- Transcriptional activation of the SALL1 by the human SIX1 homeodomain during kidney developmentLi Chai
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18918-26. 2006..Consensus binding sites were identified for several transcription factors, with multiple sites for WT1 and SIX1. In transient transfection assays, SALL1 promoter activity was higher in HEK-293 human kidney cells and COS-7 ..
- Development and differentiation of the ureteric bud into the ureter in the absence of a kidney collecting systemKevin T Bush
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0693, and Urological Diseases Research Center, Department of Urology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 298:571-84. 2006b>Six1-/- mice were found to have apparently normal ureters in the absence of a kidney, suggesting that the growth and development of the unbranched ureter is largely independent of the more proximal portions of the UB which differentiates ..
- Eya1 is required for the morphogenesis of mammalian thymus, parathyroid and thyroidPin Xian Xu
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 129:3033-44. 2002..These data indicate that Eya1 also regulates mature thyroid gland formation. Furthermore, we show that Six1 expression is markedly reduced in the arch mesenchyme, pouch endoderm and surface ectoderm in the pharyngeal region ..
- The BOS loci of Arabidopsis are required for resistance to Botrytis cinerea infectionPaola Veronese
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, 915 W State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2054, USA
Plant J 40:558-74. 2004Three Botrytis-susceptible mutants bos2, bos3, and bos4 which define independent and novel genetic loci required for Arabidopsis resistance to Botrytis cinerea were isolated. The bos2 mutant is susceptible to B...
- Molecular evolution of the vertebrate mechanosensory cell and earBernd Fritzsch
Creighton University, Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Int J Dev Biol 51:663-78. 2007..modified a genetic program through intercalation of genes between the master control genes on the top (Pax6, Eya1, Six1) of the hierarchy and the structural genes (rhodopsin) at the bottom, the as yet molecularly unknown mechanosensory ..
- Characterization of the Six1 homeobox gene in normal mammary gland morphogenesisRicardo D Coletta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, 12800 E, 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
BMC Dev Biol 10:4. 2010The Six1 homeobox gene is highly expressed in the embryonic mammary gland, continues to be expressed in early postnatal mammary development, but is lost when the mammary gland differentiates during pregnancy...
- Eya1 and Eya2 proteins are required for hypaxial somitic myogenesis in the mouse embryoRaphaelle Grifone
département génétique et développement, Institut Cochin Paris, INSERM, U567, Paris, F 75014 France
Dev Biol 302:602-16. 2007In mammals, Pax3, Six4, Six1 and Six5 genes are co-expressed with Eya1, Eya2 and Eya4 genes during mouse somitogenesis...
- Identification and characterization of the zebrafish and fugu genes encoding tuberoinfundibular peptide 39Madhusudhan R Papasani
Department of Biological Sciences, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois 61790, USA
Endocrinology 145:5294-304. 2004..PTH2R) has been isolated from mammals and zebrafish, only its mammalian agonist, tuberoinfundibular peptide 39 (TIP39), has been characterized thus far...
- Patterning of the third pharyngeal pouch into thymus/parathyroid by Six and Eya1Dan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 293:499-512. 2006..Here, we examined their roles in pharyngeal pouch development. Six1-/- mice lack thymus and parathyroid and analysis of Six1-/- third pouch endoderm demonstrated that the patterning ..
- Characterization of the human and mouse genes encoding the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues, a ligand of the parathyroid hormone receptor familyI A Hansen
Department of Medicine Endocrinology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, Germany
J Endocrinol 174:95-102. 2002The polypeptide TIP39 (tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues) is a potent activator of the parathyroid hormone (PTH)-2 receptor (P2R) and an antagonist of the PTH-1 receptor (P1R)...
- Evidence for the expression of parathyroid hormone 2 receptor in the human brainstemAttila G Bagó
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Ideggyogy Sz 61:123-6. 2008..Initial functional studies suggest that the PTH2R is involved in the regulation of viscerosensory information processing. As a first step towards clinical applications, herein we describe the presence of the PTH2R in the human brainstem...
- Elevated amounts of myocilin in the aqueous humor of transgenic mice cause significant changes in ocular gene expressionWalter Paper
Institute of Human Anatomy and Embryology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Exp Eye Res 87:257-67. 2008..Differences in expression were also found for Six1 which encodes for a transcription factor, and for Pftk1 whose gene product is a cdc2-related protein kinase...
- Branchio-oto-renal syndromeAmit Kochhar
Molecular Otolaryngology Research Laboratories, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:1671-8. 2007..the BOR phenotype have been identified and two genes that act in a regulatory network have been cloned, EYA1 and SIX1. EYA1 and SIX1 are homologous to genes involved in Drosophila eye development, eyes absent gene (eya), and sine ..
- The non-conserved C-terminal segments of Sine Oculis Homeobox (SIX) proteins confer functional specificityBrandon P Weasner
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Genesis 47:514-23. 2009..Members of this transcription factor family can be divided into three subgroups: Six1/2, Six4/5, and Six3/6...
- Expression of Six1 and Six4 in mouse taste budsYuko Suzuki
Division of Histology, Department of Oral Growth and Development, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu 061 0293, Japan
J Mol Histol 41:205-14. 2010..We examined the expression of Six1 and Six4 mRNAs in mouse taste buds by using in situ hybridization...
- Six1 controls patterning of the mouse otic vesicleHidenori Ozaki
Division of Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Development 131:551-62. 2004b>Six1 is a member of the Six family homeobox genes, which function as components of the Pax-Six-Eya-Dach gene network to control organ development...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 in the metanephric mesenchymeDeepali Pitre Poladia
Center for Cell and Vascular Biology, Columbus Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Dev Biol 291:325-39. 2006..By in situ hybridization, regions of mutant mesenchyme near the ureteric bud(s) express Eya1 and Six1, but not Six2, Sall1, or Pax2, while the ureteric bud expresses Ret and Pax2 normally...
- Prevalence of mutations in renal developmental genes in children with renal hypodysplasia: results of the ESCAPE studyStefanie Weber
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Rene Descartes, 147 Rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2864-70. 2006..symptoms have been identified in TCF2 (renal cysts and diabetes syndrome), PAX2 (renal-coloboma syndrome), EYA1 and SIX1 (branchio-oto-renal syndrome), and SALL1 (Townes-Brocks syndrome)...
- Six and Eya expression during human somitogenesis and MyoD gene family activationFrancoise Fougerousse
URA CNRS 1923, Genethon, 1 rue de l Internationale, BP60, 91002 Evry, France
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 23:255-64. 2002..b>Six1, Six4 and Six5 homeoproteins are detected later than Myf5 activation...
- Molecular mechanisms of ligand recognition by parathyroid hormone 1 (PTH1) and PTH2 receptorsS R Hoare
Laboratory of Genetics, NIMH, Buidling 36 Rm 3D06, 36 Convent Drive MSC4090, Bethesda, MD 20892 4094, USA
Curr Pharm Des 7:689-713. 2001..and three related ligands (PTH, PTH-related protein (PTHrP) an d tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39))...
- Catweasel mice: a novel role for Six1 in sensory patch development and a model for branchio-oto-renal syndromeErika A Bosman
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, The Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Dev Biol 328:285-96. 2009..We mapped the catweasel mutation to a critical region of 13 Mb on chromosome 12 containing the Six1, -4 and -6 genes...
- Distribution of tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues and its receptor, parathyroid hormone 2 receptor, in the mouse brainCatherine A Faber
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
J Comp Neurol 502:563-83. 2007Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) was identified as a potent parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R) agonist...
- Eya1 regulates the growth of otic epithelium and interacts with Pax2 during the development of all sensory areas in the inner earDan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 298:430-41. 2006..However, it remains unknown whether Pax genes interact with Eya1 or Six1 during inner ear morphogenesis...
- Parathyroid hormone 2 receptor and its endogenous ligand tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues are concentrated in endocrine, viscerosensory and auditory brain regions in macaque and humanA G Bagó
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Endocrinology, Semmelweis University and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Tuzolto u 58, Budapest H 1094, Hungary
Neuroscience 162:128-47. 2009Parathyroid hormone receptor 2 (PTH2R) and its ligand, tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) constitute a neuromodulator system implicated in endocrine and nociceptive regulation...
- Genomic cloning and characterization of the human homeobox gene SIX6 reveals a cluster of SIX genes in chromosome 14 and associates SIX6 hemizygosity with bilateral anophthalmia and pituitary anomaliesM E Gallardo
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Velazquez 144, Madrid, 28006, Spain
Genomics 61:82-91. 1999..Chromosomal mapping of SIX6 revealed that it is closely linked to SIX1 and SIX4 in human chromosome 14q22...
- The medial paralemniscal nucleus and its afferent neuronal connections in ratTamas Varga
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Semmelweis University and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
J Comp Neurol 511:221-37. 2008Previously, we described a cell group expressing tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) in the lateral pontomesencephalic tegmentum, and referred to it as the medial paralemniscal nucleus (MPL)...
- Six1 is required for the early organogenesis of mammalian kidneyPin Xian Xu
McLaughlin Research Institute, 1520 23rd Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 130:3085-94. 2003..to Drosophila sine oculis (so) which encodes a homeodomain transcription factor, is composed of six members (Six1-6)...
- Dynamic expression of Six family genes in the dental mesenchyme and the epithelial ameloblast stem/progenitor cells during murine tooth developmentKoji Nonomura
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
J Anat 216:80-91. 2010..We found dynamic expression patterns for Six1, Six2, Six4 and Six5 in the oral epithelium and mesenchymal cells with distinct expression patterns at the early ..
- Transcription factor SIX5 is mutated in patients with branchio-oto-renal syndromeBethan E Hoskins
Department of Pediatrics and of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Hum Genet 80:800-4. 2007..Mutations in EYA1 are known to cause BOR. More recently, mutations in SIX1, which interacts with EYA1, were identified as an additional cause of BOR...
- Cooperation between myogenic regulatory factors and SIX family transcription factors is important for myoblast differentiationYubing Liu
Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology and Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 38:6857-71. 2010..We have conducted a functional genomic study of the role played by SIX1 and SIX4 during the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts, a model of adult muscle regeneration...
- Six4, a putative myogenin gene regulator, is not essential for mouse embryonal developmentH Ozaki
Departments of Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:3343-50. 2001..The expression pattern was similar to that of Six1 except at the early stage of embryonic day 8.5...
- Making senses development of vertebrate cranial placodesGerhard Schlosser
Zoology, School of Natural Sciences and Martin Ryan Institute, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 283:129-234. 2010..evidence for the existence of a panplacodal primordium and discusses the central role of transcription factors Six1 and Eya1 in the regulation of processes shared between different placodes...
- SIX1 acts synergistically with TBX18 in mediating ureteral smooth muscle formationXuguang Nie
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Development 137:755-65. 2010..b>Six1 is a crucial regulator of renal development: mutations in human SIX1 cause branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome and ..
- Initiation of olfactory placode development and neurogenesis is blocked in mice lacking both Six1 and Six4Binglai Chen
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of NYU, New York, NY 10029, USA
Dev Biol 326:75-85. 2009..In mice, loss of Six1 affects OE morphogenesis but not placode formation...
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) signaling modulates acute and tonic nociceptionEugene L Dimitrov
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, 35 Convent Drive, Room 1B 213, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Neurol 226:68-83. 2010Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) synthesizing neurons at the caudal border of the thalamus and in the lateral pons project to areas rich in its receptor, the parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R)...
- Conserved expression of mouse Six1 in the pre-placodal region (PPR) and identification of an enhancer for the rostral PPRShigeru Sato
Division of Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Dev Biol 344:158-71. 2010..all placodes originate from a common precursor domain, the pre-placodal region (PPR), marked by the expression of Six1/4 and Eya1/2...
- The TIP39-PTH2 receptor system: unique peptidergic cell groups in the brainstem and their interactions with central regulatory mechanismsArpad Dobolyi
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, HAS Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Prog Neurobiol 90:29-59. 2010Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) is the recently purified endogenous ligand of the previously orphan G-protein coupled parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R)...
- Tuberoinfundibular Peptide of 39 residues is required for germ cell developmentTed B Usdin
National Institute of Mental Health National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocrinology 149:4292-300. 2008Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) was identified as a PTH 2 receptor ligand. We report that mice with deletion of Tifp39, the gene encoding TIP39, are sterile...
- Neurons containing tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues project to limbic, endocrine, auditory and spinal areas in ratA Dobolyi
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, 36 Convent Drive, MSC4094, Building 36, Room 3D06, Bethesda, MD 20892 4094, USA
Neuroscience 122:1093-105. 2003Accumulating evidence suggests that tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) may be the endogenous ligand of the parathyroid hormone 2 receptor...
- Transcript expression of the tuberoinfundibular peptide (TIP)39/PTH2 receptor system and non-PTH1 receptor-mediated tonic effects of TIP39 and other PTH2 receptor ligands in renal vesselsAnne Eichinger
Renovascular Pharmacology and Physiology, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, University Louis Pasteur Medical School, 11 rue Humann, Bâtiment 4, F67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Endocrinology 143:3036-43. 2002..Moreover, results obtained in IPK desensitized to the vasodilatory action of PTHrP (1-36) strongly suggest that TIP, along with PTHrP, might be coordinately involved in the regulation of renal hemodynamics...
- The six family of homeobox genes in development and cancerKimberly L Christensen
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Adv Cancer Res 101:93-126. 2008..In addition, aberrant expression of Six, Eya, and Dach occurs in numerous human tumors, and Six1, in particular, plays a causal role both in tumor initiation and in metastasis...
- Acoustic stress activates tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues neurons in the rat brainMiklos Palkovits
Laboratory of Neuromorphology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Struct Funct 214:15-23. 2009..immunoreactivity (Fos-ir) was investigated in neurons that synthesize tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) in the rat brain: in the subparafascicular area of the thalamus, the posterior intralaminar complex of the ..
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide (7-39) [TIP(7-39)], a novel, selective, high-affinity antagonist for the parathyroid hormone-1 receptor with no detectable agonist activityS R Hoare
Unit on Cell Biology, Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 295:761-70. 2000..tuberoinfundibular peptide (7-39) [TIP(7-39)], derived from the likely endogenous ligand for the PTH2 receptor TIP39. In this study its in vitro profile is evaluated and compared with that of [D-Trp(12),Tyr(34)]bPTH(7-34) and PTHrP(..
- The parathyroid hormone 2 (PTH2) receptorT B Usdin
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 36 Room 3D06, 36 Convent Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
Receptors Channels 8:211-8. 2002..activated at high potency by PTH and by the recently discovered peptide tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39)...
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues modulates the mouse hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis via paraventricular glutamatergic neuronsEugene Dimitrov
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:4375-94. 2010..area at the caudal border of the thalamus that contain the neuropeptide tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) densely innervate several hypothalamic areas, including the paraventricular nucleus (PVN)...
- Sequential expression and redundancy of Pitx2 and Pitx3 genes during muscle developmentAurore L'honoré
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, 110, avenue des Pins Ouest, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1R7
Dev Biol 307:421-33. 2007..including bHLH muscle regulatory factors (MRFs), the paired factors Pax3 and Pax7 and the homeobox factors Six1 and Six4. This program is critically dependent on MRFs that target downstream muscle-specific genes...
- Eya1 and Six1 promote neurogenesis in the cranial placodes in a SoxB1-dependent fashionGerhard Schlosser
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, FB2, PO Box 330440, 28334 Bremen, Germany
Dev Biol 320:199-214. 2008Genes of the Eya family and of the Six1/2 subfamily are expressed throughout development of vertebrate cranial placodes and are required for their differentiation into ganglia and sense organs...
- Induction and specification of cranial placodesGerhard Schlosser
Brain Research Institute, AG Roth, University of Bremen, FB2, 28334 Bremen, Germany
Dev Biol 294:303-51. 2006..This common primordium is defined by the expression of transcription factors of the Six1/2, Six4/5, and Eya families, which later continue to be expressed in all placodes and appear to promote generic ..
- The human tuftelin gene: cloning and characterizationZ Mao
Dental Research Unit, Department of Oral Biology, Institute of Dental Sciences, Hebrew University, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Gene 279:181-96. 2001..region, recently reported to be involved with tuftelin self-assembly and with the interaction of tuftelin with TIP39 (a novel tuftelin interacting protein)...
- Early specification of limb muscle precursor cells by the homeobox gene Lbx1hK Schafer
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Martin Luther University Halle, 06097 Halle, Hollystr 1, Germany
Nat Genet 23:213-6. 1999..6) and those encoded by homeobox-containing genes, including c-Met (ref. 6), Tbx1 (ref. 7), Mox2 (ref. 8), Six1 and Six2 (ref. 9), Pitx2, Pax3 (refs 10,11) and Lbx1h (refs 12,13), are expressed in migrating limb precursor cells...
- Establishment of tendon-derived cell lines exhibiting pluripotent mesenchymal stem cell-like propertyR Salingcarnboriboon
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Cell Res 287:289-300. 2003..Tendon phenotype-related genes such as those encoding scleraxis, Six1, EphA4, COMP, and type I collagen were expressed in these tendon cell clones...
- Expression of myogenin during embryogenesis is controlled by Six/sine oculis homeoproteins through a conserved MEF3 binding siteF Spitz
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U129, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14220-5. 1998..Antibodies directed specifically against Six1 or Six4 proteins reveal that each of these proteins is present in the embryo when myogenin is activated and ..
- Hypobranchial placodes in Xenopus laevis give rise to hypobranchial ganglia, a novel type of cranial gangliaGerhard Schlosser
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, FB 2, PO Box 33 04 40, 28334, Bremen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 312:21-9. 2003..laevis is described in more detail using in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry for various placodal ( Six1, Eya1) and neurogenic ( NGNR-1, NeuroD, Delta-1, Hu, acetylated tubulin) markers...
- TIP39/parathyroid hormone type 2 receptor signaling is a potent inhibitor of chondrocyte proliferation and differentiationDibiyendu Panda
Div of Endocrinology, Dept of Medicine, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hosp, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E1125-36. 2009Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) is a member of the parathyroid hormone (PTH) family of peptide hormones that exerts its function by interacting with the PTH type 2 receptor (PTH2R)...
- New members of the parathyroid hormone/parathyroid hormone receptor family: the parathyroid hormone 2 receptor and tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residuesT B Usdin
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
Front Neuroendocrinol 21:349-83. 2000..Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) was recently purified from bovine hypothalamus based on selective PTH2 receptor activation...
- The Six1 homeoprotein induces human mammary carcinoma cells to undergo epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis in mice through increasing TGF-beta signalingDouglas S Micalizzi
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2678-90. 2009..Here we show that overexpression of the homeoprotein Six1, normally a developmentally restricted transcriptional regulator, increases TGF-beta signaling in human breast ..
- Six1 and Six4 gene expression is necessary to activate the fast-type muscle gene program in the mouse primary myotomeClaire Niro
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
Dev Biol 338:168-82. 2010..Affymetrix transcriptomal analysis of Six1(-/-)Six4(-/-) E10.5 somites revealed the specific down-regulation of many genes of the fast-type muscle program...
- A tuftelin-interacting protein (TIP39) localizes to the apical secretory pole of mouse ameloblastsC T Paine
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California 90033 1004, USA
J Biol Chem 275:22284-92. 2000..Both antibodies identified a major protein product in tooth organs at 39 kDa, and this protein has been called TIP39. Northern analysis showed TIP39 messenger RNA in multiple organs, a pattern similar to that of tuftelin messenger ..
- Six3 promotes the formation of ectopic optic vesicle-like structures in mouse embryosO Lagutin
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Dev Dyn 221:342-9. 2001A few years ago, three novel murine homeobox genes closely related to the Drosophila sine oculis (so) gene (Six1-3) were isolated and were all included in the Six/so gene family...
- Origin and segregation of cranial placodes in Xenopus laevisMareike Pieper
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, FB2, PO Box 330440, 28334 Bremen, Germany
Dev Biol 360:257-75. 2011..In agreement with proposed roles of Six1 and Pax genes in the specification of a panplacodal primordium and different placodal areas, respectively, we show ..
- Molecular effects of Eya1 domain mutations causing organ defects in BOR syndromeC Buller
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Hum Mol Genet 10:2775-81. 2001..However, four mutations are crucial for protein-protein interactions in both yeast and mammalian cells. Our results provide insights into the molecular mechanisms of organ defects detected in human syndromes...
- Anatomical and physiological evidence for involvement of tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues in nociceptionArpad Dobolyi
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:1651-6. 2002..Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) selectively activates the PTH2 receptor...
- Beta-catenin is essential and sufficient for skeletal myogenesis in P19 cellsHelen Petropoulos
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Sciences Building, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5C1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:15393-9. 2002..Pax3, Gli2, Mox1, and Six1 were expressed during Wnt3a and beta-catenin-induced differentiation prior to MyoD expression...
- The neuroprotective action of the mood stabilizing drugs lithium chloride and sodium valproate is mediated through the up-regulation of the homeodomain protein Six1Kathryn E Plant
Centre for Toxicology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, GU2 7XH, UK
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 235:124-34. 2009..3-fold) increase in the expression of the homeodomain protein Six1, and have characterized the time- and dose-dependent up-regulation of this gene in response to both drugs...
- Pax3 and Dach2 positive regulation in the developing somiteG Kardon
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Dev Dyn 224:350-5. 2002..Recently, somite culture experiments have identified a set of genes, including Pax3, Six1, Eya2, and Dach2, that appear to play an important role in early myogenesis during somite development (Heanue et al...
- Ski regulates muscle terminal differentiation by transcriptional activation of Myog in a complex with Six1 and Eya3Hong Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 284:2867-79. 2009..Transactivation of Myog was largely dependent on a MEF3 site bound by Six1, not on the binding site of MyoD or MEF2...
- Six1a is required for the onset of fast muscle differentiation in zebrafishDmitri A Bessarab
Cancer and Developmental Cell Biology Division, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore
Dev Biol 323:216-28. 2008..b>Six1 homeodomain transcription factor was implicated in myogenesis in mammals, but its role in the development of ..
- A novel locus (DFNA23) for prelingual autosomal dominant nonsyndromic hearing loss maps to 14q21-q22 in a Swiss German kindredA A Salam
Laboratory of Statistical Genetics, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:1984-8. 2000b>DFNA23, a novel locus for autosomal dominant nonsyndromic hearing loss, was identified in a Swiss German kindred...
- Genome-wide association identifies ATOH7 as a major gene determining human optic disc sizeStuart Macgregor
Genetics and Population Health, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 19:2716-24. 2010..0136). Furthermore, the Arg65Gly variant was found to have very low frequency (0.00066) in an additional set of 672 controls...
- Development of gustatory papillae in the absence of Six1 and Six4Yuko Suzuki
Division of Biostatistics, Department of Clinical Psychology, School of Psychological Science, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu, Japan
J Anat 219:710-21. 2011..In a previous paper, Six1 was reported to be expressed in the taste bud-bearing lingual papillae of mice, and loss of Six1 affected the ..
- A regulatory program for excretory system regeneration in planariansM Lucila Scimone
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Whitehead Institute, and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Development 138:4387-98. 2011..Here, we identify a set of genes, Six1/2-2, POU2/3, hunchback, Eya and Sall, that encode transcription regulatory proteins that are required for planarian ..
- Evolution of the vertebrate pth2 (tip39) gene family and the regulation of PTH type 2 receptor (pth2r) and its endogenous ligand pth2 by hedgehog signaling in zebrafish developmentPoulomi Bhattacharya
Department of Biological Sciences, Illinois State University, Normal, USA
J Endocrinol 211:187-200. 2011..PTH can activate all three zebrafish Pthrs while PTH2 (alias tuberoinfundibular peptide 39, TIP39) preferentially activates zebrafish and mammalian PTH2Rs...
- Enhanced long-term fear memory and increased anxiety and depression-like behavior after exposure to an aversive event in mice lacking TIP39 signalingLaurence Coutellier
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, NIMH, National Institutes of Health NIH, 35 Convent Drive, 20892 Bethesda, MD, USA
Behav Brain Res 222:265-9. 2011..We hypothesized that tuberoinfundibular-peptide-of-39-residues (TIP39) modulates fear memory by limiting long-term consequences of aversive experiences...
- Mutation screening of the EYA1, SIX1, and SIX5 genes in a large cohort of patients harboring branchio-oto-renal syndrome calls into question the pathogenic role of SIX5 mutationsPauline Krug
AP HP, Service de Nephrologie Pediatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 32:183-90. 2011..Over 80 mutations in EYA1 have been reported in BOR. Mutations in SIX1, a DNA binding protein that associates with EYA1, have been reported less frequently...
- Audiovestibular findings in a branchio-oto syndrome patient with a SIX1 mutationYoshihiro Noguchi
Department of Otolaryngology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 131:413-8. 2011A reported mutation in SIX1 was identified in a patient with familial hearing loss (HL), a left preauricular pit, and bilateral enlarged vestibular aqueducts (EVA)...
- Homeoprotein Six1 increases TGF-beta type I receptor and converts TGF-beta signaling from suppressive to supportive for tumor growthDouglas S Micalizzi
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cancer Res 70:10371-80. 2010The Six1 homeodomain protein is a developmental transcription factor that has been implicated in tumor onset and progression...
- Insect Tc-six4 marks a unit with similarity to vertebrate placodesNico Posnien
Center of Molecular Brain Physiology, Georg August University Gottingen, Justus von Liebig Weg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Dev Biol 350:208-16. 2011..is specifically marked by genes of the eyes absent/eya and two "six homeobox" family members (sine oculis/six1 and six4). It had been believed that cranial placodes are evolutionary novelties of vertebrates...
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues- immunoreactive fibers in the zona incerta and the supraoptic decussations terminate in the neuroendocrine hypothalamusM Palkovits
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Semmelweis University and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Tüzoltó utca 58, 1094 Budapest, Hungary
Neurochem Res 35:2078-85. 2010Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) is expressed by neurons in the subparafascicular area, the posterior intralaminar complex of the thalamus and the pontine medial paralemniscal nucleus...
- Cloning of the human SIX1 gene and its assignment to chromosome 14C A Boucher
Genetics Unit, Department of Anatomy, Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, Hammersmith, London, W6 8RF, UK
Genomics 33:140-2. 1996The recently described murine homeobox genes, Six1 and Six2, which are expressed during development in limb tendons, have also been shown to be expressed in skeletal and smooth muscle, respectively...
- Six family genes control the proliferation and differentiation of muscle satellite cellsHiroshi Yajima
Division of Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi, Japan
Exp Cell Res 316:2932-44. 2010..However, the mechanisms involved in their proliferation and differentiation remain elusive. Six1 and Six4 proteins were expressed in the nuclei of myofibers of adult mice and the numbers of myoblasts positive for ..
- MicroRNA-185 suppresses tumor growth and progression by targeting the Six1 oncogene in human cancersJ S Imam
Greehey Children s Cancer Research Institute, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Oncogene 29:4971-9. 2010..In this study, we investigate the mechanism by which the Six1 homeobox protein, which has a crucial role during development, is frequently deregulated in several poor outcome, ..
- Expression of Ezrin correlates with lung metastasis in Chinese patients with osteosarcomaShen Xu-Dong
Department of Oncology, Shanghai 6th People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Clin Invest Med 32:E180-8. 2009To determine the prognostic value of the expression of Ezrin, CD44 and Six1 genes in osteosarcoma tissues of Chinese patients.
- The effect of oncoprotein v-erbA on thyroid hormone-regulated genes in hepatocytes and their potential role in hepatocellular carcinomaTereza Ventura-Holman
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Mol Biol Rep 38:1137-44. 2011..regulated by v-erbA at 3 h, and eighteen genes at 24 h, such as follistatin, activin βC, thrombomodulin, Six1, Rasgrp3 and Ndrg2, as well as genes that are regulated by v-erbA only, such as angiopoietin 1 and Igfr2...
- Interplay between DNA methylation and transcription factor availability: implications for developmental activation of the mouse Myogenin geneDaniela Palacios
Section of Gene Function and Regulation, Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 30:3805-15. 2010..Consistent with this, the single-cell analysis of developing somites shows that the coexpression of MEF2A and SIX1, which bind the MEF2 and SIX sites, correlates with the fraction of cells that demethylate the Myogenin promoter...
- Synergistic regulation of vertebrate muscle development by Dach2, Eya2, and Six1, homologs of genes required for Drosophila eye formationT A Heanue
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 USA
Genes Dev 13:3231-43. 1999..Moreover, Eya2 can also synergize with Six1 (a vertebrate homolog of the Drosophila gene sine oculis) to regulate myogenesis...
- Increased fear- and stress-related anxiety-like behavior in mice lacking tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residuesD B Fegley
National Institute of Mental Health National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Genes Brain Behav 7:933-42. 2008Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) is synthesized by two groups of neurons, one in the subparafascicular area at the caudal end of the thalamus and the other in the medial paralemniscal nucleus within the lateral brainstem...
- Branchiootorenal syndrome and oculoauriculovertebral spectrum features associated with duplication of SIX1, SIX6, and OTX2 resulting from a complex chromosomal rearrangementZhishuo Ou
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2480-9. 2008..Chromosome 14q22.3-q23.3 contains 51 genes, including SIX1, SIX6, and OTX2. A locus for branchiootic syndrome (BOS) has been mapped to 14q21.3-q24...
- Expression and distribution of tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues in the rat central nervous systemArpad Dobolyi
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
J Comp Neurol 455:547-66. 2003Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) has been recently purified and identified as a selective ligand for the parathyroid hormone 2 receptor...
- Clinicopathological significance of homeoprotein Six1 in hepatocellular carcinomaK T Ng
Centre for the Study of Liver Disease and Departments of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, L9 55, Faculty of Medicine Building, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Br J Cancer 95:1050-5. 2006..The present study investigated the clinicopathological significance of a possible metastasis regulator Six1 in HCC patients who were undergone hepatectomy...
- Six1 and Six4 promote survival of sensory neurons during early trigeminal gangliogenesisYoshiyuki Konishi
Division of Biology Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Brain Res 1116:93-102. 2006..In the present study, we investigated the role of Six1 and Six4 in the development of trigeminal ganglia...
- sine oculis in basal MetazoaIlona G Bebenek
Department of Organismic Biology Ecology and Evolution, University of California Los Angeles, 621 Charles E Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1606, USA
Dev Genes Evol 214:342-51. 2004We report the recovery of homologs of Six1/2/sine oculis (so), a homeodomain-containing member of the Six-gene family, from a diverse set of basal Metazoa, including representatives of the poriferan classes Demospongia, Calcarea and ..
- Localization and chemical characterization of the audiogenic stress pathwayM Palkovits
D Sc, Laboratory of Neuromorphology, Department of Anatomy, Semmelweis University, Tuzolto u 58, H 1094 Budapest, Hungary
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1018:16-24. 2004..that MPL and SPF neurons express a newly discovered neuropeptide, tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39). TIP39 is present in a fine neuronal network in the PVN...
- SIX1 mutation associated with enlargement of the vestibular aqueduct in a patient with branchio-oto syndromeTaku Ito
Department of Otolaryngology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Laryngoscope 116:796-9. 2006The objectives of this study were to identify SIX1 gene mutations in a patient with branchio-oto syndrome (BO) and to clarify the relationship between SIX1 mutation and enlargement of the vestibular aqueduct (EVA).
- Chick Dach1 interacts with the Smad complex and Sin3a to control AER formation and limb development along the proximodistal axisYasuyuki Kida
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5, Takayama, Ikoma, Nara, 630 0101, Japan
Development 131:4179-87. 2004Based on recent data, a new view is emerging that vertebrate Dachshund (Dach) proteins are components of Six1/6 transcription factor-dependent signaling cascades...
- Eya1 is required for lineage-specific differentiation, but not for cell survival in the zebrafish adenohypophysisGabriela Nica
Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Dev Biol 292:189-204. 2006The homeodomain transcription factor Six1 and its modulator, the protein phosphatase Eya1, cooperate to promote cell differentiation and survival during mouse organ development...
- Forebrain projections of tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39)-containing subparafascicular neuronsJ Wang
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 35, Room 1B215, 35 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 3728, USA
Neuroscience 138:1245-63. 2006Neurons containing tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) constitute a rostro-caudally elongated group of cells in the posterior thalamus...
- Roles of transcription factors in kidney developmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term objective of this proposal is to elucidate the mechanisms by which Eya1 and Six1 control normal kidney development...
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009..is to investigate the intrinsic programs of sensory progenitors, focusing on the evolutionarily conserved Eya1-Six1 transcription complex, which is critical for normal sensory organ formation in the inner ear, via gain-of-function ..
- Structural Biology of Class B G-Protein Coupled ReceptorsH Eric Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our specific aims are focused on structural determination of the ECD of PTH1R and PTH2R bound to PTH, PTHrP, and TIP39. After structural determination, we will scrutinize and analyze the structures for key structural elements, and we ..
- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Otic Placode InductionAndrew K Groves; Fiscal Year: 2010..by the presence of a functional FGF signaling pathway, or by the expression of transcription factors such as Six1, Eya2, Dachl or FoxiS in pre-placodal ectoderm...
- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Otic Placode InductionAndrew Groves; Fiscal Year: 2009..by the presence of a functional FGF signaling pathway, or by the expression of transcription factors such as Six1, Eya2, Dachl or FoxiS in pre-placodal ectoderm...
- Identification of Nonsyndromic Hearing Impairment GenesSuzanne Leal; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study has also identified a number of novel loci (DFNA23, DFNA24, DFNB35, DFNB38, DFNB39, DFNB42, DFNB43, DFNB44 and DFNB45) for which the genes are currently unknown...
- HOMEOBOX GENE SIX3 IN EYE DEVELOPMENTGuillermo Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2005A few years ago, three novel murine homeobox genes (Six1, Six2, and Six3) closely related to the Drosophila sine oculis (so) gene were isolated; all are included in the Six/so gene family...
- Retinal Cell-Fate Determination and Pattern FormationGraeme Mardon; Fiscal Year: 2010..In humans, mutations in EYA1 and SIX1 cause the autosomal dominant disorder known as BOR (branchio-oto-renal) syndrome, characterized by branchial arch ..
- Identifying new genes for branchio-oto-renal syndromeFriedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Within the 33 Mb critical genetic interval we located the SIX1 gene, which is known to play a role in the PAX-EYA-SIX hierarchy of developmental regulation in the organogenesis ..
- Altered expression of PTH type-2 receptor and TIP39David Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2005Tuberoinfundibular peptide 39 (TIP39) and Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) type-2 receptor (PTH2R) constitute a new endocrine system with conserved neuronal mRNA expression in zebrafish and mouse brain...
- The Role of the Eyal Gene in Metanephric InductionRichard Maas; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, we will use other mouse kidney mutants lacking Six1, Wtl, c-ret, Gdnf, ld (Fmnl) and Pax2 to assay dependencies of gene expression in metanephric mesenchyme and ..
- The Role of the Eyal Gene in Metanephric InductionRichard Maas; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, we will use other mouse kidney mutants lacking Six1, Wtl, c-ret, Gdnf, ld (Fmnl) and Pax2 to assay dependencies of gene expression in metanephric mesenchyme and ..
- The Role of the Eyal Gene in Metanephric InductionRichard Maas; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will use other mouse kidney mutants lacking Six1, Wtl, c-ret, Gdnf, ld (Fmnl) and Pax2 to assay dependencies of gene expression in metanephric mesenchyme and ..
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Mammalian Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..We identified mutations in the human SIX1 or SIX5 from BOR patients and analyzed these mutations functionally, identified the developmental functions of Six1 ..
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Mammalian Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009..We identified mutations in the human SIX1 or SIX5 from BOR patients and analyzed these mutations functionally, identified the developmental functions of Six1 ..
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Mammalian Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..We identified mutations in the human SIX1 or SIX5 from BOR patients and analyzed these mutations functionally, identified the developmental functions of Six1 ..
- Eya1 and its Interacting Genes in Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Molecularly, Six1 but not Pax2 and Pax8 expression in the otic vesicle depends upon Eya1 function...
- Regulation of the PTH/PTHrP type-2 receptor and TIP39David Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2002..It therefore appears that TIP39 is the endogenous ligand of the vertebrate PTH2R...
- Proliferation Control of Neuroendo/Renal OrganogenesisXue Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..Functional importance of Six-family genes in tumorigenesis is further suggested by the observations that Six1 is selectively up regulated at the late stage of G1 cell cycle and promotes G2/S cell cycle transition...
- G Protein Receptor--Structural CharacterizationDale Mierke; Fiscal Year: 2006..to utilize the establishment of the pharmacophore for the PTH1 receptor, as well as structural characterization of TIP39 (tuberoinfundibular peptide-39) to develop a structure-activity relationship for the PTH2 receptor...
- Role of Six1 in EMT and Tumor ProgressionHeide L Ford; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transcribed by one such gene, the homeobox protein and transcription factor Six1 is expressed during embryogenesis where it mediates the proliferation and survival of progenitor cells...
- Role of Six1 in EMT and Tumor ProgressionHeide Ford; Fiscal Year: 2009..Transcribed by one such gene, the homeobox protein and transcription factor Six1 is expressed during embryogenesis where it mediates the proliferation and survival of progenitor cells...
- Role of Six1 in EMT and Tumor ProgressionHeide Ford; Fiscal Year: 2007..Transcribed by one such gene, the homeobox protein and transcription factor Six1 is expressed during embryogenesis where it mediates the proliferation and survival of progenitor cells...
- TRAIL Receptor Signaling in Human TumorsAndrew Thorburn; Fiscal Year: 2009..can become selectively resistant to TRAIL is through the increased expression of the homeobox transcription factor Six1. We found that increased Six1 is common, occurring in >60% of metastatic ovarian cancers and 90% of metastatic ..
- TRAIL Receptor Signaling in Human TumorsANDREW M contact THORBURN; Fiscal Year: 2010..can become selectively resistant to TRAIL is through the increased expression of the homeobox transcription factor Six1. We found that increased Six1 is common, occurring in >60% of metastatic ovarian cancers and 90% of metastatic ..
- HSIX1 in cell cycle control and tumorigenesisHeide Ford; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Transcription Factors in Early Kidney DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..development by examining the role of the transcriptional coactivator Eya1, its interacting homeodomain protein Six1 and their cofactors...
- PTH Receptors in Vascular Smooth Muscle CellsAlessandro Bisello; Fiscal Year: 2007..PTH, PTH-related protein (PTHrP), and TIP39 affect vascular tone...