Genomes and Genes
single stranded DNA binding protein
Gene Symbol: single stranded DNA binding protein
Description: single stranded DNA binding protein 1
Alias: Mt-SSB, SOSS-B1, SSBP, mtSSB, single-stranded DNA-binding protein, mitochondrial, PWP1-interacting protein 17, single-stranded DNA binding protein 1, mitochondrial
Products: single stranded DNA binding protein
- Tian H, Sun Y, He L, Yi Y, Gao X, Xu D. Single-Stranded DNA-Binding Protein 1 Abrogates Cardiac Fibroblast Proliferation and Collagen Expression Induced by Angiotensin II. Int Heart J. 2018;59:1398-1408 pubmed publisher..To summarize, SSBP1 was down-regulated by Ang II and implicated in cardiac fibroblast proliferation and collagen expression partly via the p53 protein. ..
- Okongo R, Puri A, Wang Z, Singh S, Permaul K. Comparative biocontrol ability of chitinases from bacteria and recombinant chitinases from the thermophilic fungus Thermomyces lanuginosus. J Biosci Bioeng. 2019;: pubmed publisher..Chitinases from the thermophilic filamentous fungi Thermomyces lanuginosus SSBP (Chit1) and from Bacillus licheniformis (Chit lic) caused 70% and 80% mortality, respectively, in second instar ..
- Khan F, Govender A, Permaul K, Singh S, Bisetty K. Thermostable chitinase II from Thermomyces lanuginosus SSBP: Cloning, structure prediction and molecular dynamics simulations. J Theor Biol. 2015;374:107-14 pubmed publisher..Folding studies of chitinase II using molecular dynamics simulations clearly demonstrated that the stability of the protein was evenly distributed at 350K. ..
- Kar A, Kaur M, Ghosh T, Khan M, Sharma A, Shekhar R, et al. RPA70 depletion induces hSSB1/2-INTS3 complex to initiate ATR signaling. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:4962-74 pubmed publisher..In summation, we report that the single-stranded DNA-binding protein complex, hSSB1/2-INTS3 can recruit the checkpoint complex to initiate ATR signaling. ..
- Zurita Rendón O, Shoubridge E. LONP1 Is Required for Maturation of a Subset of Mitochondrial Proteins, and Its Loss Elicits an Integrated Stress Response. Mol Cell Biol. 2018;38: pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that LONP1 and MPPαβ are together required for the maturation of a subset of LONP1 client proteins and that LONP1 activity is essential for the maintenance of mitochondrial proteostasis and gene expression. ..
- Jeong S, Kim H, Song I, Noh S, Marquez J, Ko K, et al. Echinochrome a increases mitochondrial mass and function by modulating mitochondrial biogenesis regulatory genes. Mar Drugs. 2014;12:4602-15 pubmed publisher..transcription factor B2 (TFB2M), mitochondrial DNA direct polymerase (POLMRT), single strand binding protein (SSBP) and Tu translation elongation factor (TUFM)...
- Gossner A, Hopkins J. Transcriptome analysis of CNS immediately before and after the detection of PrP(Sc) in SSBP/1 sheep scrapie. Vet Microbiol. 2014;173:201-7 pubmed publisher..homozygous for the VRQ genotype of the PRNP gene are most susceptible with an incubation period of 193 days with SSBP/1 scrapie. However, the earliest time point that PrP(Sc) can be detected in the CNS is 125 days (D125)...
- Touma C, Kariawasam R, Gimenez A, Bernardo R, Ashton N, Adams M, et al. A structural analysis of DNA binding by hSSB1 (NABP2/OBFC2B) in solution. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:7963-73 pubmed publisher..Our findings elucidate the detailed molecular mechanism in solution of ssDNA binding by hSSB1, a major player in the maintenance of genomic stability. ..
- Gossner A, Hopkins J. The effect of PrP(Sc) accumulation on inflammatory gene expression within sheep peripheral lymphoid tissue. Vet Microbiol. 2015;181:204-11 pubmed publisher..Susceptible VRQ homozygous New Zealand Cheviot sheep were infected with SSBP/1 scrapie by inoculation in the drainage area of the prescapular lymph nodes...
- Wang Y, Hu L, Zhang X, Zhao H, Xu H, Wei Y, et al. Downregulation of Mitochondrial Single Stranded DNA Binding Protein (SSBP1) Induces Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Increases the Radiosensitivity in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells. J Cancer. 2017;8:1400-1409 pubmed publisher..Our findings identified SSBP1 as a radioresistance-related protein, providing potential novel mitochondrial target for sensitizing NSCLC to radiotherapy. ..
- Shi Z, Sun R, Yu T, Liu R, Cheng L, Bao J, et al. Identification of Novel Pathways in Plant Lectin-Induced Cancer Cell Apoptosis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:228 pubmed publisher..Moreover, multiple sources of biological data, such as smallest shared biological process (SSBP), domain-domain interaction (DDI), gene co-expression profiles and cross-species interolog mapping were integrated ..
- Makolomakwa M, Puri A, Permaul K, Singh S. Thermo-acid-stable phytase-mediated enhancement of bioethanol production using Colocasia esculenta. Bioresour Technol. 2017;235:396-404 pubmed publisherPhytase production by the thermophilic mould Thermomyces lanuginosus SSBP was enhanced 8.56-fold in submerged fermentation, which was further improved in fed-batch cultivations...
- Galloway J, Bethea M, Liu Y, Underwood R, Mobley J, Hunter C. SSBP3 Interacts With Islet-1 and Ldb1 to Impact Pancreatic Î²-Cell Target Genes. Mol Endocrinol. 2015;29:1774-86 pubmed publisher..datasets revealed numerous interacting candidates, including a member of the single-stranded DNA-binding protein (SSBP) coregulator family, SSBP3...
- Ranjan B, Pillai S, Permaul K, Singh S. Expression of a novel recombinant cyanate hydratase (rTl-Cyn) in Pichia pastoris, characteristics and applicability in the detoxification of cyanate. Bioresour Technol. 2017;238:582-588 pubmed publisher..pastoris harbouring the cyanate hydratase gene (rTl-Cyn) from the thermophilic fungus Thermomyces lanuginosus SSBP yielded a high titre of extracellular cyanate hydratase (100±13UmL-1) which was ?10-fold higher than ..
- Paquet N, Adams M, Leong V, Ashton N, Touma C, Gamsjaeger R, et al. hSSB1 (NABP2/ OBFC2B) is required for the repair of 8-oxo-guanine by the hOGG1-mediated base excision repair pathway. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:8817-29 pubmed publisher..In vitro, hSSB1 binds directly to DNA containing 8-oxoguanines and enhances hOGG1 activity. These results underpin the crucial role hSSB1 plays as a guardian of the genome. ..
- Sykora P, Kanno S, Akbari M, Kulikowicz T, Baptiste B, Leandro G, et al. DNA Polymerase Beta Participates in Mitochondrial DNA Repair. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..We show that Polβ is a mitochondrial polymerase involved in mtDNA maintenance and is required for mitochondrial homeostasis. ..
- Wang S, Yan R, Wang B, Du P, Tan W, Lammi M, et al. Prediction of co-expression genes and integrative analysis of gene microarray and proteomics profile of Keshan disease. Sci Rep. 2018;8:231 pubmed publisher..IDH2, FEM1A, SSBP1, CALR, NDUFS2, IDH3A, GAPDH, TCA Cycle II (Eukaryotic) pathway and NADP repair pathway may play important roles in the pathogenesis of KD. ..
- Zhao X, Sun K, Lan Z, Song W, Cheng L, Chi W, et al. Tenofovir and adefovir down-regulate mitochondrial chaperone TRAP1 and succinate dehydrogenase subunit B to metabolically reprogram glucose metabolism and induce nephrotoxicity. Sci Rep. 2017;7:46344 pubmed publisher..The resulting glycogen accumulation may partially contribute to TFV and ADV induced renal dysfunction. ..
- Croft L, Bolderson E, Adams M, El Kamand S, Kariawasam R, Cubeddu L, et al. Human single-stranded DNA binding protein 1 (hSSB1, OBFC2B), a critical component of the DNA damage response. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2019;86:121-128 pubmed publisher..While RPA is extremely well characterised, the roles of hSSB1 and hSSB2 have only emerged recently. In this review, we discuss the critical roles that hSSB1 plays in the maintenance of genomic stability. ..
- Prasad V, Drenowatz C, Hand G, Lavie C, Sui X, Demello M, et al. Relation of Body's Lean Mass, Fat Mass, and Body Mass Index With Submaximal Systolic Blood Pressure in Young Adult Men. Am J Cardiol. 2016;117:394-8 pubmed publisherWe examined the association of body composition and body mass index (BMI) with submaximal systolic blood pressure (SSBP) among young adult men. The analysis included 211 men with BMI between 20 and 35 kg/m(2)...
- Wang J, Ma K, Yin H, Zhou Y, Ai S. Aptamer based voltammetric determination of ampicillin using a single-stranded DNA binding protein and DNA functionalized gold nanoparticles. Mikrochim Acta. 2017;185:68 pubmed publisher..It is based on the use of gold nanoparticles (AuNPs), DNA aptamer, DNA functionalized AuNPs (DNA-AuNPs), and single-strand DNA binding protein (SSBP).
- Goardon N, Lambert J, Rodriguez P, Nissaire P, Herblot S, Thibault P, et al. ETO2 coordinates cellular proliferation and differentiation during erythropoiesis. EMBO J. 2006;25:357-66 pubmed..These results suggest that the dynamics of ETO2 recruitment within nuclear complexes couple cell proliferation to cell differentiation and determine the onset of terminal erythroid maturation. ..
- Ashton N, Loo D, Paquet N, O Byrne K, Richard D. Novel insight into the composition of human single-stranded DNA-binding protein 1 (hSSB1)-containing protein complexes. BMC Mol Biol. 2016;17:24 pubmed..In addition, numerous proteins were detected that comprise various chromatin-remodelling complexes. These findings provide new insight into the binding partners of hSSB1 and will likely function as a platform for future research. ..
- Zhao X, He R, Liu Y, Wu Y, Kang L. UPregulated single-stranded DNA-binding protein 1 induces cell chemoresistance to cisplatin in lung cancer cell lines. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;431:21-27 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that SSDBP1 may induce cell chemoresistance of cisplatin through promoting DNA repair, resistance-related gene expression, cell proliferation, and inhibiting apoptosis. ..
- Manosroi W, Tan J, Rariy C, Sun B, Goodarzi M, Saxena A, et al. The Association of Estrogen Receptor-β Gene Variation With Salt-Sensitive Blood Pressure. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:4124-4135 pubmed publisher..To determine an association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in ESR2 with salt sensitivity of blood pressure (SSBP) and estrogen status in women...
- Gupta T, Connors M, Tan J, Manosroi W, Ahmed N, Ting P, et al. Striatin Gene Polymorphic Variants Are Associated With Salt Sensitive Blood Pressure in Normotensives and Hypertensives. Am J Hypertens. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This study had 3 goals: expand on the relationship between striatin gene (STRN) status and salt-sensitivity of BP (SSBP); evaluate the status of Na+ and volume regulating systems by striatin risk allele status; evaluate potential SSBP ..
- Tan K, Fujimoto M, Takii R, Takaki E, Hayashida N, Nakai A. Mitochondrial SSBP1 protects cells from proteotoxic stresses by potentiating stress-induced HSF1 transcriptional activity. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6580 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the nuclear translocation of mitochondrial SSBP1 is required for the regulation of cytoplasmic/nuclear and mitochondrial proteostasis against proteotoxic stresses. ..
- Mosbech A, Gibbs Seymour I, Kagias K, Thorslund T, Beli P, Povlsen L, et al. DVC1 (C1orf124) is a DNA damage-targeting p97 adaptor that promotes ubiquitin-dependent responses to replication blocks. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1084-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish DVC1 as a DNA damage-targeting p97 adaptor that protects cells from deleterious consequences of replication blocks and suggest an important role of p97 in ubiquitin-dependent regulation of TLS...
- Chen L, Segal D, Hukriede N, Podtelejnikov A, Bayarsaihan D, Kennison J, et al. Ssdp proteins interact with the LIM-domain-binding protein Ldb1 to regulate development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14320-5 pubmed..These findings indicate functional conservation of Ssdp as a cofactor of Ldb1 during invertebrate and vertebrate development. ..
- Cotta Ramusino C, McDonald E, Hurov K, Sowa M, Harper J, Elledge S. A DNA damage response screen identifies RHINO, a 9-1-1 and TopBP1 interacting protein required for ATR signaling. Science. 2011;332:1313-7 pubmed publisher..RHINO was recruited to sites of DNA damage by the 9-1-1 complex to promote Chk1 activation. We suggest that RHINO functions together with the 9-1-1 complex and TopBP1 to fully activate ATR. ..
- Tiranti V, Rossi E, Ruiz Carrillo A, Rossi G, Rocchi M, DiDonato S, et al. Chromosomal localization of mitochondrial transcription factor A (TCF6), single-stranded DNA-binding protein (SSBP), and endonuclease G (ENDOG), three human housekeeping genes involved in mitochondrial biogenesis. Genomics. 1995;25:559-64 pubmed..somatic cell hybrid panel and FISH, we have assigned the loci of mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein (SSBP), mitochondrial transcription factor A (TCF6), and mitochondrial endonuclease G (ENDOG) genes to human chromosomes ..
- Pocernich C, Poon H, Boyd Kimball D, Lynn B, Nath A, Klein J, et al. Proteomic analysis of oxidatively modified proteins induced by the mitochondrial toxin 3-nitropropionic acid in human astrocytes expressing the HIV protein tat. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2005;133:299-306 pubmed..These results are discussed with reference to potential involvement of these proteins in HIV dementia and protection of astrocytes against oxidative stress by the HIV virus, a prerequisite for survival of a viral host cell. ..
- Cheng X, Kanki T, Fukuoh A, Ohgaki K, Takeya R, Aoki Y, et al. PDIP38 associates with proteins constituting the mitochondrial DNA nucleoid. J Biochem. 2005;138:673-8 pubmed..TFAM and mitochondrial single-stranded DNA binding protein (mtSSB) are co-immunoprecipitated with PDIP38 by anti-PDIP38 antibodies...
- Bayarsaihan D. SSDP1 gene encodes a protein with a conserved N-terminal FORWARD domain. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1599:152-5 pubmed..Human SSDP1 spans about 200 kb on the chromosome 1p31-p32 region and consists of 17 exons. The SSDP1 mRNA transcripts are distributed ubiquitously in adult human and mouse tissues. ..
- Diez Tascon C, Dodds K, Crawford A. Linkage mapping of the ovine single-stranded DNA-binding protein 1 (SSBP1) using microsatellite marker OARCDT7. Anim Genet. 2002;33:468 pubmed
- Guo N, Zhang N, Yan L, Cao X, Lv F, Wang J, et al. Down-regulation of single-stranded DNA-binding protein 1 expression induced by HCMV infection promotes lipid accumulation in cells. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e6389 pubmed publisher..The results showed that the inhibition of SSBP1 by HCMV infection promotes lipid accumulation in the cells. ..
- Ashton N, Paquet N, Shirran S, Bolderson E, Kariawasam R, Touma C, et al. hSSB1 phosphorylation is dynamically regulated by DNA-PK and PPP-family protein phosphatases. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;54:30-39 pubmed publisher..Together, these data thereby represent a novel mechanism for hSSB1 regulation following the inhibition of replication. ..
- Ciesielski G, Bermek O, Rosado Ruiz F, Hovde S, Neitzke O, Griffith J, et al. Mitochondrial Single-stranded DNA-binding Proteins Stimulate the Activity of DNA Polymerase γ by Organization of the Template DNA. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:28697-707 pubmed publisher..by another key component of the mitochondrial replisome, the mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein (mtSSB)...
- Chen Z, Liu B, Tang N, Xu Y, Ye X, Li Z, et al. FBXL5-mediated degradation of single-stranded DNA-binding protein hSSB1 controls DNA damage response. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:11560-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Fbxl5 may negatively modulate hSSB1 to regulate DNA damage response, implicating Fbxl5 as a novel, promising therapeutic target for lung cancers. ..
- Wollen Steen K, Doseth B, P Westbye M, Akbari M, Kang D, Falkenberg M, et al. mtSSB may sequester UNG1 at mitochondrial ssDNA and delay uracil processing until the dsDNA conformation is restored. DNA Repair (Amst). 2012;11:82-91 pubmed publisher..Much less is known about the involvement of the only mitochondrial single-strand binding protein mtSSB in the context of DNA repair...
- Oliveira M, Kaguni L. Reduced stimulation of recombinant DNA polymerase ? and mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) helicase by variants of mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein (mtSSB) correlates with defects in mtDNA replication in animal cells. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40649-58 pubmed publisherThe mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein (mtSSB) is believed to coordinate the functions of DNA polymerase ? (pol ?) and the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) helicase at the mtDNA replication fork...
- Jensen M, Davis R. RecJ 5' Exonuclease Digestion of Oligonucleotide Failure Strands: A "Green" Method of Trityl-On Purification. Biochemistry. 2017;56:2417-2424 pubmed publisher..In combination with ssDNA binding protein (SSBP), which acts to recruit RecJ via C-terminal recognition, secondary structure formation is precluded, allowing for ..
- Ludvigsen M, Østergaard M, Vorum H, Jacobsen C, Honoré B. Identification and characterization of endonuclein binding proteins: evidence of modulatory effects on signal transduction and chaperone activity. BMC Biochem. 2009;10:34 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that endonuclein interacts with several proteins indicating a broad function including signal transduction and chaperone activity. ..
- Wiedmer A, Wang P, Zhou J, Rennekamp A, Tiranti V, Zeviani M, et al. Epstein-Barr virus immediate-early protein Zta co-opts mitochondrial single-stranded DNA binding protein to promote viral and inhibit mitochondrial DNA replication. J Virol. 2008;82:4647-55 pubmed publisher..replication protein A subunits (RPA70 and RPA32) and the human mitochondrial single-stranded DNA binding protein (mtSSB) were confirmed by Western blotting to be specifically enriched in the FLAG-Zta immunopurified complex...
- Spelbrink J, Toivonen J, Hakkaart G, Kurkela J, Cooper H, Lehtinen S, et al. In vivo functional analysis of the human mitochondrial DNA polymerase POLG expressed in cultured human cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24818-28 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that POLG exonuclease and polymerase functions are essential for faithful mtDNA maintenance in vivo, and indicate the importance of key residues for these activities. ..
- van Loon B, Samson L. Alkyladenine DNA glycosylase (AAG) localizes to mitochondria and interacts with mitochondrial single-stranded binding protein (mtSSB). DNA Repair (Amst). 2013;12:177-87 pubmed publisher..We identify mitochondrial single-stranded binding protein (mtSSB) as a novel interacting partner of AAG; interaction between mtSSB and AAG is direct and increases upon methyl ..
- Kullar P, Gómez Durán A, Gammage P, Garone C, Minczuk M, Golder Z, et al. Heterozygous SSBP1 start loss mutation co-segregates with hearing loss and the m.1555A>G mtDNA variant in a large multigenerational family. Brain. 2018;141:55-62 pubmed publisher..1555A>G in a tissue-specific manner. This family demonstrates the importance of rare trans-acting genetic nuclear modifiers in the clinical expression of mtDNA disease. ..
- Wu Y, Chen H, Lu J, Zhang M, Zhang R, Duan T, et al. Acetylation-dependent function of human single-stranded DNA binding protein 1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:7878-87 pubmed publisher..This finding supports the notion that the combination of chemotherapy drugs with acetylation inhibitors may benefit cancer patients. ..
- Müller Höcker J, Schafer S, Li K. Immunocytochemical localization of mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein in mitochondria-rich cells of normal and neoplastic human tissue. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2001;9:276-80 pubmedMitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein (mtSSB) is necessary for mtDNA replication. So far the protein has been studied mainly in Escherichia coli and in cell cultures of lower mammals...
- Yang C, Curth U, Urbanke C, Kang C. Crystal structure of human mitochondrial single-stranded DNA binding protein at 2.4 A resolution. Nat Struct Biol. 1997;4:153-7 pubmed..We propose that ssDNA wraps around the tetrameric HsmtSSB protein through electropositive channels guided by flexible loops. ..
- Wong T, Rajagopalan S, Townsley F, Freund S, Petrovich M, Loakes D, et al. Physical and functional interactions between human mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein and tumour suppressor p53. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:568-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, we characterize HmtSSB binding to ssDNA and p53 N-terminal domain using various biophysical measurements and we propose binding models for both. ..
- Liu K, Liu Z, Qi H, Liu B, Wu J, Liu Y, et al. Genetic Variation in SLC8A1 Gene Involved in Blood Pressure Responses to Acute Salt Loading. Am J Hypertens. 2017;: pubmed publisherSalt sensitivity of blood pressure (SSBP) increases the risk of cardiovascular complications, and the heritability of SSBP is about 50% in Chinese population...
- Eoff R, Raney K. A catch and release program for single-stranded DNA. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13085-13086 pubmed publisher..A new study serves up a master class in developing a full kinetic model for one such protein, mtSSB, showing how DNA can be reeled in and set free to control accessibility.
- Qian Y, Johnson K. The human mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein displays distinct kinetics and thermodynamics of DNA binding and exchange. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13068-13084 pubmed publisherThe human mitochondrial ssDNA-binding protein (mtSSB) is a homotetrameric protein, involved in mtDNA replication and maintenance...
- Radulovic M, Crane E, Crawford M, Godovac Zimmermann J, Yu V. CKS proteins protect mitochondrial genome integrity by interacting with mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:145-52 pubmed publisher..a novel CDK-dependent interaction between CKS proteins and the mitochondrial single-stranded DNA-binding protein (mtSSB). mtSSB bound both CKS1 and CKS2 and underwent CDK-dependent phosphorylation...
- Zhang F, Ma T, Yu X. A core hSSB1-INTS complex participates in the DNA damage response. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:4850-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the hSSB1-INTS complex regulates the accumulation of RAD51 and BRCA1 at DNA damage sites and the correlated homologous recombination...
- Ruhanen H, Borrie S, Szabadkai G, Tyynismaa H, Jones A, Kang D, et al. Mitochondrial single-stranded DNA binding protein is required for maintenance of mitochondrial DNA and 7S DNA but is not required for mitochondrial nucleoid organisation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:931-9 pubmed publisher..The mammalian mitochondrial SSB (mtSSB) is a bacterial type SSB...