Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SHP-1
Description: protein tyrosine phosphatase, non-receptor type 6
Alias: HCP, HCPH, HPTP1C, PTP-1C, SH-PTP1, SHP-1, SHP-1L, SHP1, tyrosine-protein phosphatase non-receptor type 6, hematopoietic cell phosphatase, hematopoietic cell protein-tyrosine phosphatase, protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1C, protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1
- Lorenz U, Ravichandran K, Pei D, Walsh C, Burakoff S, Neel B. Lck-dependent tyrosyl phosphorylation of the phosphotyrosine phosphatase SH-PTP1 in murine T cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:1824-34 pubmed..In comparison, little is known about the role of nontransmembrane PTPs in early T-cell signaling. SH-PTP1 (PTP1C, HCP, SHP) is a nontransmembrane PTP expressed primarily in hematopoietic cells, including T cells...
- Banville D, Stocco R, Shen S. Human protein tyrosine phosphatase 1C (PTPN6) gene structure: alternate promoter usage and exon skipping generate multiple transcripts. Genomics. 1995;27:165-73 pubmed..Characterization of the 5' ends of the PTPN6 mRNAs by RT-PCR and analysis of the flanking genomic sequences identified putative initiation sites within the two promoters. ..
- Shen S, Bastien L, Posner B, Chretien P. A protein-tyrosine phosphatase with sequence similarity to the SH2 domain of the protein-tyrosine kinases. Nature. 1991;352:736-9 pubmed..PTPase activity may thus directly link growth factor receptors and other signalling proteins through protein-tyrosine phosphorylation. ..
- Lewis J, Eiben L, Nelson D, Cohen J, Nichols K, Ochs H, et al. Distinct interactions of the X-linked lymphoproliferative syndrome gene product SAP with cytoplasmic domains of members of the CD2 receptor family. Clin Immunol. 2001;100:15-23 pubmed
- Uchida T, Matozaki T, Noguchi T, Yamao T, Horita K, Suzuki T, et al. Insulin stimulates the phosphorylation of Tyr538 and the catalytic activity of PTP1C, a protein tyrosine phosphatase with Src homology-2 domains. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12220-8 pubmed
- Timms J, Carlberg K, Gu H, Chen H, Kamatkar S, Nadler M, et al. Identification of major binding proteins and substrates for the SH2-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 in macrophages. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:3838-50 pubmed..Our data suggest that BIT and PIR-B recruit multiple signaling molecules to receptor complexes, where they are regulated by SHP-1 and/or SHP-2. ..
- Cantoni C, Bottino C, Augugliaro R, Morelli L, Marcenaro E, Castriconi R, et al. Molecular and functional characterization of IRp60, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that functions as an inhibitory receptor in human NK cells. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:3148-59 pubmed..Since IRp60 is also expressed by other cell types, including T cell subsets, monocytes and granulocytes, it may play a more general role in the negative regulation of different leukocyte populations. ..
- Zhang Z, Shen K, Lu W, Cole P. The role of C-terminal tyrosine phosphorylation in the regulation of SHP-1 explored via expressed protein ligation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4668-74 pubmed
- Somani A, Bignon J, Mills G, Siminovitch K, Branch D. Src kinase activity is regulated by the SHP-1 protein-tyrosine phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:21113-9 pubmed..These observations, together with the finding of reduced Src activity in HEY cells expressing a dominant negative form of SHP-1, provide compelling evidence that SHP-1 functions include the positive regulation of Src activation...
- Massa P, Wu C, Fecenko Tacka K. Dysmyelination and reduced myelin basic protein gene expression by oligodendrocytes of SHP-1-deficient mice. J Neurosci Res. 2004;77:15-25 pubmed..We propose that SHP-1 is a critical regulator of developmental signals leading to terminal differentiation and myelin sheath formation by oligodendrocytes. ..
- López Ruiz P, Rodriguez Ubreva J, Cariaga A, Cortes M, Colás B. SHP-1 in cell-cycle regulation. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2011;11:89-98 pubmed..Since several inhibitors targeting SHP-1 have demonstrated their value in cancer treatment, this phosphatase has been proposed as a therapeutic target for this pathology. ..
- D Ambrosio D, Hippen K, Minskoff S, Mellman I, Pani G, Siminovitch K, et al. Recruitment and activation of PTP1C in negative regulation of antigen receptor signaling by Fc gamma RIIB1. Science. 1995;268:293-7 pubmed..Inhibitory signaling mediated by Fc gamma RIIB1 is deficient in motheaten mice which do not express functional PTP1C. Thus, PTP1C is an effector of BCR-Fc gamma RIIB1 negative signal cooperativity. ..
- Amin S, Kumar A, Nilchi L, Wright K, Kozlowski M. Breast cancer cells proliferation is regulated by tyrosine phosphatase SHP1 through c-jun N-terminal kinase and cooperative induction of RFX-1 and AP-4 transcription factors. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:1112-25 pubmed publisher..Tyrosine phosphatase SHP1 is known to negatively regulate signal transduction pathways activated by cell surface receptors including IGF-1...
- Yi T, Cleveland J, Ihle J. Protein tyrosine phosphatase containing SH2 domains: characterization, preferential expression in hematopoietic cells, and localization to human chromosome 12p12-p13. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:836-46 pubmed..One novel protein tyrosine phosphatase was expressed predominantly in hematopoietic cells. Hematopoietic cell phosphatase encodes a 68-kDa protein that contains a single phosphatase conserved domain...
- Hanson E, Dickensheets H, Qu C, Donnelly R, Keegan A. Regulation of the dephosphorylation of Stat6. Participation of Tyr-713 in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha, the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1, and the proteasome. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3903-11 pubmed..These results suggest that the loss of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat6 is regulated by the action of SHP-1 and the proteasome but is not dependent on new protein synthesis. ..
- Burshtyn D, Yang W, Yi T, Long E. A novel phosphotyrosine motif with a critical amino acid at position -2 for the SH2 domain-mediated activation of the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:13066-72 pubmed..The contribution of a hydrophobic amino acid two residues upstream of the tyrosine in the SHP-1-binding motif may be an important feature that distinguishes inhibitory receptors from those that provide activation signals. ..
- Keilhack H, Tenev T, Nyakatura E, Godovac Zimmermann J, Nielsen L, Seedorf K, et al. Phosphotyrosine 1173 mediates binding of the protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 to the epidermal growth factor receptor and attenuation of receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24839-46 pubmed..Therefore, receptor dephosphorylation may be the result of the combined activity of receptor-bound SHP-1 and SHP-1 bound to an auxiliary docking protein. ..
- Pei D, Lorenz U, Klingmuller U, Neel B, Walsh C. Intramolecular regulation of protein tyrosine phosphatase SH-PTP1: a new function for Src homology 2 domains. Biochemistry. 1994;33:15483-93 pubmedThe steady-state kinetic properties of SH-PTP1 (PTP1C, SHP, HCP), a Src homology 2 (SH2) domain-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTPase), were assessed and compared with those of three truncation mutants, using p-nitrophenyl ..
- Yetter A, Uddin S, Krolewski J, Jiao H, Yi T, Platanias L. Association of the interferon-dependent tyrosine kinase Tyk-2 with the hematopoietic cell phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:18179-82 pubmed..We report that Tyk-2 forms stable complexes with the SH2-containing hematopoietic cell phosphatase (HCP) in several hematopoietic cell lines in vivo, and that the IFN alpha-induced tyrosine-..
- David M, Chen H, Goelz S, Larner A, Neel B. Differential regulation of the alpha/beta interferon-stimulated Jak/Stat pathway by the SH2 domain-containing tyrosine phosphatase SHPTP1. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:7050-8 pubmed..We have found that SH2 domain-containing PTP1 (SHPTP1; also called PTP1C, HCP, or SHP) reversibly associates with the IFN-alpha receptor complex upon IFN addition...
- Burshtyn D, Scharenberg A, Wagtmann N, Rajagopalan S, Berrada K, Yi T, et al. Recruitment of tyrosine phosphatase HCP by the killer cell inhibitor receptor. Immunity. 1996;4:77-85 pubmed..We report association of the tyrosine phosphatase HCP with the p58 receptor in NK cells. HCP association was dependent on tyrosine phosphorylation of p58...
- Fry A, Lanier L, Weiss A. Phosphotyrosines in the killer cell inhibitory receptor motif of NKB1 are required for negative signaling and for association with protein tyrosine phosphatase 1C. J Exp Med. 1996;184:295-300 pubmed..phosphorylation of the NKB1 KIR consensus motif, YxxL(x)26 YxxL, induces an association with the protein tyrosine phosphatase 1C (PTP1C)...
- Biskup C, Böhmer A, Pusch R, Kelbauskas L, Gorshokov A, Majoul I, et al. Visualization of SHP-1-target interaction. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5165-78 pubmed
- Bone H, Dechert U, Jirik F, Schrader J, Welham M. SHP1 and SHP2 protein-tyrosine phosphatases associate with betac after interleukin-3-induced receptor tyrosine phosphorylation. Identification of potential binding sites and substrates. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:14470-6 pubmedThe cytoplasmic tyrosine phosphatases, SHP1 and SHP2, are implicated in the control of cellular proliferation and survival...
- Zhang Z, Jimi E, Bothwell A. Receptor activator of NF-kappa B ligand stimulates recruitment of SHP-1 to the complex containing TNFR-associated factor 6 that regulates osteoclastogenesis. J Immunol. 2003;171:3620-6 pubmed..Therefore, SHP-1 plays a role in signals downstream of RANKL by recruitment to the complex containing TRAF6 and these observations may help to understand the mechanism of osteoporosis in Me(v)/Me(v) mice. ..
- Seo D, Li H, Qu C, Oh J, Kim Y, Diaz T, et al. Shp-1 mediates the antiproliferative activity of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in human microvascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3711-21 pubmed
- Christophi G, Hudson C, Gruber R, Christophi C, Mihai C, Mejico L, et al. SHP-1 deficiency and increased inflammatory gene expression in PBMCs of multiple sclerosis patients. Lab Invest. 2008;88:243-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, PBMCs of MS patients display a stable deficiency of SHP-1 expression, heightened STAT6 phosphorylation, and an enhanced state of activation relevant to the mechanisms of inflammatory demyelination. ..
- Kroll J, Waltenberger J. The vascular endothelial growth factor receptor KDR activates multiple signal transduction pathways in porcine aortic endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32521-7 pubmed..Taken together, our results substantially broaden the spectrum of KDR-associating molecules, indicating that endothelial function and angiogenesis are regulated by a diverse network of signal transduction cascades. ..
- Cayabyab F, Tsui F, Schlichter L. Modulation of the ERG K+ current by the tyrosine phosphatase, SHP-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48130-8 pubmed..Our results show that ERG-1 is a SHP-1 substrate constituting the first report that an ion current is regulated by SHP-1. ..
- Kozlowski M, Larose L, Lee F, Le D, Rottapel R, Siminovitch K. SHP-1 binds and negatively modulates the c-Kit receptor by interaction with tyrosine 569 in the c-Kit juxtamembrane domain. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2089-99 pubmed
- Ma P, Cierniewska A, Signarvic R, Cieslak M, Kong H, Sinnamon A, et al. A newly identified complex of spinophilin and the tyrosine phosphatase, SHP-1, modulates platelet activation by regulating G protein-dependent signaling. Blood. 2012;119:1935-45 pubmed publisher..We also show that SPL/RGS/SHP1 complexes are present in resting platelets where constitutive phosphorylation of SPL(Y398) creates an atypical ..
- Mittal Y, Pavlova Y, Garcia Marcos M, Ghosh P. Src homology domain 2-containing protein-tyrosine phosphatase-1 (SHP-1) binds and dephosphorylates G(alpha)-interacting, vesicle-associated protein (GIV)/Girdin and attenuates the GIV-phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-Akt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32404-15 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SHP-1 antagonizes the action of receptor and non-receptor-tyrosine kinases on GIV and down-regulates the phospho-GIV-PI3K-Akt axis of signaling. ..
- Jiao H, Berrada K, Yang W, Tabrizi M, Platanias L, Yi T. Direct association with and dephosphorylation of Jak2 kinase by the SH2-domain-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:6985-92 pubmed..They also suggest that such interactions may provide one of the mechanisms that control SHP-1 substrate specificity. ..
- Kant A, De P, Peng X, Yi T, Rawlings D, Kim J, et al. SHP-1 regulates Fcgamma receptor-mediated phagocytosis and the activation of RAC. Blood. 2002;100:1852-9 pubmed
- Bottino C, Falco M, Parolini S, Marcenaro E, Augugliaro R, Sivori S, et al. NTB-A [correction of GNTB-A], a novel SH2D1A-associated surface molecule contributing to the inability of natural killer cells to kill Epstein-Barr virus-infected B cells in X-linked lymphoproliferative disease. J Exp Med. 2001;194:235-46 pubmed..Thus, the altered function of NTB-A appears to play an important role in the inability of XLP-NK cells to kill EBV-infected target cells. ..
- Cuevas B, Lu Y, Mao M, Zhang J, LaPushin R, Siminovitch K, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation of p85 relieves its inhibitory activity on phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:27455-61 pubmed..a process that we have shown to be reversed by the activity of the p85-associated SH2 domain-containing phosphatase SHP1. We demonstrate that phosphorylation of the downstream PI3K target Akt is increased in cells lacking SHP1, ..
- Cuevas B, Lu Y, Watt S, Kumar R, Zhang J, Siminovitch K, et al. SHP-1 regulates Lck-induced phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase phosphorylation and activity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27583-9 pubmed
- Wang Y, Yan Y, Su Y, Qiao L. Release of metal ions from nano CoCrMo wear debris generated from tribo-corrosion processes in artificial hip implants. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2017;68:124-133 pubmed publisher..generated from a hip simulator in bovine serum albumin (BSA) lubrication was Cr-rich, containing crystalline and amorphous structures; meanwhile, without any proteins, the wear particles mostly had an hcp-Co crystalline structure.
- Marcais A, Marotel M, Degouve S, Koenig A, Fauteux Daniel S, Drouillard A, et al. High mTOR activity is a hallmark of reactive natural killer cells and amplifies early signaling through activating receptors. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that mTOR acts as a molecular rheostat of NK cell reactivity controlled by educating receptors and uncover how cytokine stimulation overcomes NK cell education. ..
- Henry B, Block D, Ciesla J, McGowan B, Vozenilek J. Clinician behaviors in telehealth care delivery: a systematic review. Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2017;22:869-888 pubmed publisher..purpose of this study was to conduct a systematic literature review to identify interpersonal health care provider (HCP) behaviors and attributes related to provider-patient interaction during care in telehealth delivery...
- Zatelli M, Piccin D, Tagliati F, Bottoni A, Luchin A, degli Uberti E. SRC homology-2-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase-1 restrains cell proliferation in human medullary thyroid carcinoma. Endocrinology. 2005;146:2692-8 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that SRIF inhibitory effects on TT cell proliferation are mediated, at least in part, by SHP-1, which acts through a MAPK-dependent mechanism. ..
- Powell C, Dickins K, Stoklosa H. Training US health care professionals on human trafficking: where do we go from here?. Med Educ Online. 2017;22:1267980 pubmed publisher..The first component consisted of structured interviews with experts in human trafficking HCP education...
- Hasegawa K, Tanaka H, Yamashita M, Higuchi Y, Miyai T, Yoshimoto J, et al. Neonatal-Onset Hereditary Coproporphyria: A New Variant of Hereditary Coproporphyria. JIMD Rep. 2017;37:99-106 pubmed publisherGenetic mutation of the coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPOX) gene causes either hereditary coproporphyria (HCP) or harderoporphyria. HCP, a rare hepatic porphyria, causes acute attacks after puberty and rarely accompanies cutaneous symptoms...
- Durand E, Nguyen V, Zoued A, Logger L, PÃ©hau Arnaudet G, Aschtgen M, et al. Biogenesis and structure of a type VI secretion membrane core complex. Nature. 2015;523:555-60 pubmed publisher..structure in the cytoplasm of the attacker cell that propels an arrow made of a haemolysin co-regulated protein (Hcp) tube and a valine-glycine repeat protein G (VgrG) spike and punctures the prey's cell wall...
- Xie Z, Zhang J, Siraganian R. Positive regulation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase and TNF-alpha production but not histamine release by SHP-1 in RBL-2H3 mast cells. J Immunol. 2000;164:1521-8 pubmed..The substrate-trapping mutant SHP1/D419A identified pp25 and pp30 as two major potential substrates of SHP-1 in RBL-2H3 cells...
- Cho Y, Oh S, Zhu Z. Tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 in oxidative stress and development of allergic airway inflammation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008;39:412-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, increased intracellular oxidative stress and lack of SHP-1 in the presence of T helper cell type 2-prone cellular activation may lead to the development of allergic airway inflammation...
- Hou Z, Dong K, Tian Z, Liu R, Wang Z, Wang J. Cooling rate dependence of solidification for liquid aluminium: a large-scale molecular dynamics simulation study. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:17461-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, FCC and HCP structures can coexist in crystalline structures...
- Watson H, Wehenkel S, Matthews J, Ager A. SHP-1: the next checkpoint target for cancer immunotherapy?. Biochem Soc Trans. 2016;44:356-62 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss the potential value of SHP-1 inhibition in future tumour immunotherapy. ..
- ..Thus, ITAM suppressive signals subvert the activating function of rafts to promote incorporation of receptors into supramolecular domains where signaling molecules are deactivated by SHP-1. ..
- Huang X, Yuan Z, Chen G, Zhang M, Zhang W, Yu Y, et al. Cloning and characterization of a novel ITIM containing lectin-like immunoreceptor LLIR and its two transmembrane region deletion variants. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;281:131-40 pubmed..The ITIM in LLIR was demonstrated to bind SHP-1 in HL-60 cell after the tyrosine had been phosphorylated. In addition, the mRNA expression level of LLIRv2 was raised when leukemia cells were induced to differentiate by PMA. ..
- Brockdorff J, Williams S, Couture C, Mustelin T. Dephosphorylation of ZAP-70 and inhibition of T cell activation by activated SHP1. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:2539-50 pubmedStudies with motheaten mice, which lack the SHP1 protein tyrosine phosphatase, indicate that this enzyme plays an important negative role in T cell antigen receptor (TCR) signaling...
- Hoffmann S, Schellack C, Textor S, Konold S, Schmitz D, Cerwenka A, et al. Identification of CLEC12B, an inhibitory receptor on myeloid cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22370-5 pubmed
- Leon F, Cespon C, Franco A, Lombardia M, Roldan E, Escribano L, et al. SHP-1 expression in peripheral T cells from patients with Sezary syndrome and in the T cell line HUT-78: implications in JAK3-mediated signaling. Leukemia. 2002;16:1470-7 pubmed..These results suggest that SHP-1 might be involved in maintaining the IL-2R/JAK3 signaling pathway under control and point towards a role of SHP-1 in the pathogenesis of the disease. ..
- Kochi Y, Myouzen K, Yamada R, Suzuki A, Kurosaki T, Nakamura Y, et al. FCRL3, an autoimmune susceptibility gene, has inhibitory potential on B-cell receptor-mediated signaling. J Immunol. 2009;183:5502-10 pubmed publisher..These results, together with previous genetic data, suggest that augmented inhibition of BCR-mediated signaling by FCRL3 with the disease-risk genotype alter the activation threshold and promote tolerance breakdown in B cells. ..
- Chen P, Levis M, Brown P, Kim K, Allebach J, Small D. FLT3/ITD mutation signaling includes suppression of SHP-1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5361-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data provide the first evidence that suppression of SHP-1 by FLT3/ITD signaling may be another mechanism contributing to the transformation by FLT3/ITD mutations. ..
- Kim E, Hurtz C, Koehrer S, Wang Z, Balasubramanian S, Chang B, et al. Ibrutinib inhibits pre-BCR+ B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia progression by targeting BTK and BLK. Blood. 2017;129:1155-1165 pubmed publisher..These data corroborate ibrutinib as a promising targeted agent for pre-BCR+ ALL and highlight the importance of ibrutinib effects on alternative kinase targets. ..
- Cosman D, Fanger N, Borges L, Kubin M, Chin W, Peterson L, et al. A novel immunoglobulin superfamily receptor for cellular and viral MHC class I molecules. Immunity. 1997;7:273-82 pubmed..Upon tyrosine phosphorylation, LIR-1 associates with the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1. In contrast to KIRs, LIR-1 is expressed predominantly on monocytic and B lymphoid cell types, suggesting a distinct biological function. ..
- zur Hausen J, Burn P, Amrein K. Co-localization of Fyn with CD3 complex, CD45 or CD28 depends on different mechanisms. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:2643-9 pubmed..CD28 co-localizes with Fyn molecules that contain the N terminus and a functional SH2 domain. These results suggest that Fyn association with the TCR-CD3 complex, CD45 and CD28 is mediated by different molecular mechanisms. ..
- Qureshi M, Al Suhaimi E, Wahid F, Shehzad O, Shehzad A. Therapeutic potential of curcumin for multiple sclerosis. Neurol Sci. 2018;39:207-214 pubmed publisher..The current study summarizes the reported knowledge on therapeutic potential of curcumin against MS, with future indication as neuroprotective and neuropharmacological drug. ..
- Park H, Friston K, Pae C, Park B, Razi A. Dynamic effective connectivity in resting state fMRI. Neuroimage. 2018;180:594-608 pubmed publisher..connectivity within default mode network (DMN), using the resting state fMRI from Human Connectome Project (HCP)...
- Steenbergen K, Mewes J, PaÅ¡teka L, GÃ¤ggeler H, Kresse G, Pahl E, et al. The cohesive energy of superheavy element copernicium determined from accurate relativistic coupled-cluster theory. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2017;19:32286-32295 pubmed publisher..For the lowest energy structure of hexagonal close-packed (hcp) symmetry, we obtain a cohesive energy of -36...
- Rekdal M, Pai A, Bs M. Experimental data of co-crystals of Etravirine and L-tartaric acid. Data Brief. 2018;16:135-140 pubmed publisher..Two pills have to be taken twice a day, making it a "pill burden" (Intelence, http://www.intelence.com/hcp/dosing/administration-options) ...