Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SHIP2
Description: inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1
Alias: OPSMD, SHIP2, 51C protein, INPPL-1, SH2 domain-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2, SH2 domain-containing inositol-5'-phosphatase 2, SHIP-2, phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase 2, phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase 2, protein 51C
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Lipid phosphatase SHIP2 downregulates insulin signalling in podocytesMervi E Hyvönen
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 328:70-9. 2010..a glomerular library, and found that CD2AP bound to SH2-domain-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2), a negative regulator of insulin signalling...
- Caveolin-1 is involved in reactive oxygen species-induced SHP-2 activation in astrocytesJi Hee Yun
Department of Physiology, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine Seoul 158 710, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:660-8. 2011..Our results suggest that caveolin-1 is involved in astrocyte-specific intracellular responses linked to the SHP-2-mediated signaling cascade following ROS-induced oxidative stress...
- Genetic association analysis of inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 (INPPL1, SHIP2) variants with essential hypertensionAna Carolina Braga Marçano
J Med Genet 44:603-5. 2007Inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 (INPPL1, SHIP2) is a negative regulator of insulin signalling and has previously been found to be associated with hypertension, obesity and type 2 diabetes in a cohort of families with diabetes ..
- Whole-genome analysis reveals that mutations in inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 cause opsismodysplasiaJennifer E Below
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 92:137-43. 2013..Evaluation of 12 families with opsismodysplasia revealed that INPPL1 mutations explain ~60% of cases overall, including both of the families in our cohort with more than one affected child and 50% of the simplex cases...
- A novel SH2-containing phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase (SHIP2) is constitutively tyrosine phosphorylated and associated with src homologous and collagen gene (SHC) in chronic myelogenous leukemia progenitor cellsD Wisniewski
Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics Program and Molecular Biology Program, New York, NY, USA
Blood 93:2707-20. 1999..associated with src homologous and collagen gene (SHC) from p210(bcr/abl)-expressing hematopoietic cells as SHIP2, a recently reported, unique SH2-domain-containing protein closely related to phosphatidylinositol polyphosphate 5-..
- Phosphoinositides influence pathogen surfing: EPEC rights the SHIPKenneth G Campellone
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Cell Host Microbe 7:1-2. 2010..A recent study now shows that two additional tyrosines within Tir recruit the inositol phosphatase SHIP2 to generate a PI(3,4)P2-enriched membrane platform that stabilizes pedestal assembly.
- Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli recruits the cellular inositol phosphatase SHIP2 to regulate actin-pedestal formationKatherine Smith
University of Cambridge, Department of Pathology, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB21QP, UK
Cell Host Microbe 7:13-24. 2010..We demonstrate that Y483 and Y511 within tandem ITIM-like sequences are essential for recruiting SHIP2, a host inositol phosphatase...
- The SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase, SHIP-2, binds filamin and regulates submembraneous actinJ M Dyson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, 3800 Australia
J Cell Biol 155:1065-79. 2001..Collectively these studies demonstrate that filamin-dependent SHIP-2 localization critically regulates phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase signaling to the actin cytoskeleton...
- SH2-containing 5'-inositol phosphatase, SHIP2, regulates cytoskeleton organization and ligand-dependent down-regulation of the epidermal growth factor receptorNagendra K Prasad
Department of Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Biol Chem 280:13129-36. 2005..b>SHIP2 dephosphorylates phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate generated by the activated phosphatidylinositol 3'-..
- Src family tyrosine kinases regulate adhesion-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of 5'-inositol phosphatase SHIP2 during cell attachment and spreading on collagen INagendra Prasad
Department of Cancer Molecular Sciences, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Cell Sci 115:3807-15. 2002..Recently we have reported a novel function for SHIP2 in cell adhesion and spreading...
- The PI3K effector Arap3 interacts with the PI(3,4,5)P3 phosphatase SHIP2 in a SAM domain-dependent mannerJudith H Raaijmakers
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Centre of Biomedical Genetics, UMC Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell Signal 19:1249-57. 2007..In a yeast two-hybrid screen for new interaction partners of Arap3, we identified the PI 5'-phosphatase SHIP2 as an interaction partner of Arap3...
- Cloning and characterization of a human cDNA (INPPL1) sharing homology with inositol polyphosphate phosphatasesJ A Hejna
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Genomics 29:285-7. 1995..Several polymorphisms have been mapped to the 3'-untranslated region, yet the putative coding region showed no polymorphisms in nine independent cDNA samples...
- Overexpression of SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 results in negative regulation of insulin-induced metabolic actions in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via its 5'-phosphatase catalytic activityT Wada
First Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:1633-46. 2001..We recently cloned rat SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) cDNA which possesses the 5'-phosphatase activity to hydrolyze PI(3,4,5)P3 to PI 3,4-bisphosphate [PI(3,4)P2] and ..
- SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase SHIP2 associates with the p130(Cas) adapter protein and regulates cellular adhesion and spreadingN Prasad
Department of Cell Biology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:1416-28. 2001In a previous study, we found that the SHIP2 protein became tyrosine phosphorylated and associated with the Shc adapter protein in response to the treatment of cells with growth factors and insulin (T. Habib, J. A. Hejna, R. E...
- Identification of a second SH2-domain-containing protein closely related to the phosphatidylinositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase SHIPX Pesesse
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHN, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 239:697-700. 1997..new SH2-domain-containing protein showing homology to the inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP and therefore referred to as SHIP2. SHIP2 differs at both N- and C-terminal ends with the sequence of INPPL-1...
- Growth factors and insulin stimulate tyrosine phosphorylation of the 51C/SHIP2 proteinT Habib
Department of Cell Biology, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Biol Chem 273:18605-9. 1998Antibodies raised against the 51C/SHIP2 inositol polyphosphate 5'-phosphatase were used to examine the effects of growth factors and insulin on the metabolism of this protein...
- The SH2 domain containing inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP2 displays phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate and inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate 5-phosphatase activityX Pesesse
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHN, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
FEBS Lett 437:301-3. 1998..SHIP1 is the 145-kDa SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase expressed in haematopoietic cells. SHIP2 is a related but distinct gene product...
- NMR studies of a heterotypic Sam-Sam domain association: the interaction between the lipid phosphatase Ship2 and the EphA2 receptorMarilisa Leone
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California, USA
Biochemistry 47:12721-8. 2008..It has been recently reported that the lipid phosphatase Ship2 regulates endocytosis of the EphA2 receptor, a process that has been investigated as a possible route to reduce ..
- Regulation of EphA2 receptor endocytosis by SHIP2 lipid phosphatase via phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase-dependent Rac1 activationGuanglei Zhuang
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 282:2683-94. 2007..Here we show that SHIP2 (Src homology 2 domain-containing phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase 2) is recruited to activated EphA2 via a ..
- SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 predominantly regulates Akt2, and not Akt1, phosphorylation at the plasma membrane in response to insulin in 3T3-L1 adipocytesToshiyasu Sasaoka
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and First Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:14835-43. 2004SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a physiologically important negative regulator of insulin signaling by hydrolyzing the phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase product PI 3,4,5-trisphosphate in the target tissues of insulin...
- Dual role of SRC homology domain 2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 in the regulation of platelet-derived growth factor and insulin-like growth factor I signaling in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsToshiyasu Sasaoka
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Endocrinology 144:4204-14. 2003Src homology domain 2 (SH2)-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) possesses 5-phosphatase activity and an SH2 domain...
- Gene expression in canine atopic dermatitis and correlation with clinical severity scoresShona H Wood
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Dermatol Sci 55:27-33. 2009..Canine atopic dermatitis (cAD) is a common condition in dogs that may be a naturally occurring model for human atopic dermatitis (hAD). Despite this, comparative research is limited, particularly into the genetic background of cAD...
- PTEN, but not SHIP2, suppresses insulin signaling through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in 3T3-L1 adipocytesXiaoqing Tang
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 280:22523-9. 2005..in mice suggested that two phosphoinositide phosphatases, SH2 domain-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome 10 (PTEN) negatively regulate this insulin signaling ..
- Reversal of denervation-induced insulin resistance by SHIP2 protein synthesis blockadeDaniela F Bertelli
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Campinas 6040 Campinas SP, Brazil
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284:E679-87. 2003..the expression and activity of the 5-inositol, lipid phosphatase SH2 domain-containing inositol phosphatase (SHIP2), and the serine phosphorylation of p85/PI 3-kinase...
- Deletion of the PDGFR-beta gene affects key fibroblast functions important for wound healingZhiyang Gao
Department of Pathology, Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:9375-89. 2005..Overexpression of the phospholipid phosphatases, SHIP2 and/or PTEN, inhibited PDGF-BB-induced phosphorylation of Akt and ERK1/2 in PDGFR-betaDelta/Delta fibroblasts but ..
- The inositol phosphatase SHIP2 negatively regulates insulin/IGF-I actions implicated in neuroprotection and memory function in mouse brainYoshiyuki Soeda
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 24:1965-77. 2010..In the present study, we found that SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2), a negative regulator of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate-mediated signals, is widely expressed in adult ..
- Normalization of prandial blood glucose and improvement of glucose tolerance by liver-specific inhibition of SH2 domain containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) in diabetic KKAy mice: SHIP2 inhibition causes insulin-mimetic effects on glycogen metabolismRolf Grempler
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH and Co KG, Biberach, Germany
Diabetes 56:2235-41. 2007..Recent data have established the lipid phosphatase SH2 domain-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) as a critical negative regulator of insulin signal transduction...
- Molecular cloning of rat SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and its role in the regulation of insulin signalingH Ishihara
First Department of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, 930 0194, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 260:265-72. 1999..We have now cloned the rat SHIP isozyme (SHIP2) cDNA from skeletal muscle, which is one of the most important target tissue of insulin action...
- SH2-containing inositol 5-phosphatases 1 and 2 in blood platelets: their interactions and roles in the control of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate levelsSylvie Giuriato
INSERM U563, Department of Oncogenesis and Signaling in Hematopoietic Cells, IFR30, Hopital Purpan, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
Biochem J 376:199-207. 2003Src homology domain 2-containing inositol 5-phosphatases 1 and 2 (SHIP1 and SHIP2) are capable of dephosphorylating the second messenger PtdIns(3,4,5) P3 (phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate) and interacting with several signalling ..
- Relationship between spleen tyrosine kinase and phosphatidylinositol 5' phosphatase expression and secretion from human basophils in the general populationDonald W Macglashan
Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:626-33. 2007..Previous studies have suggested that expression levels of spleen tyrosine kinase (syk) or phosphatidylinositol 5' phosphatase (SHIP) may explain certain extreme human basophil phenotypes...
- Mechanism of SHIP-mediated inhibition of insulin- and platelet-derived growth factor-stimulated mitogen-activated protein kinase activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytesPrem M Sharma
Department of Medicine 0673, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0673, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:421-30. 2005The Src homology 2-containing 5' inositolphosphatases (SHIP and SHIP2) dephosphorylate 3'-phosphorylated PtdIns on the 5' position, decreasing intracellular levels of PtdIns 3,4,5-P3...
- Motif decomposition of the phosphotyrosine proteome reveals a new N-terminal binding motif for SHIP2Martin Lee Miller
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark, Kemitorvet, Building 208, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:181-92. 2008..was identified and validated as a binding motif for the SH2 domain-containing inositol phosphatase SHIP2. Our decomposition of the in vivo Tyr(P) proteome furthermore suggests that two-thirds of the Tyr(P) sites mediate ..
- The role of the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatases in cellular function and human diseaseLisa M Ooms
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Biochem J 419:29-49. 2009..b>SHIP2 polymorphisms are associated with a predisposition to insulin resistance...
- Lipid phosphatases as a possible therapeutic target in cases of type 2 diabetes and obesityToshiyasu Sasaoka
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Pharmacol Ther 112:799-809. 2006..Lipid phosphatases, src homology 2 domain containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and skeletal muscle and kidney-enriched inositol phosphatase (SKIP) hydrolyze PI(3,4,5)P(3) to PI(3,4)P(2) and ..
- Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate modulation in SHIP2-deficient mouse embryonic fibroblastsDaniel Blero
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
FEBS J 272:2512-22. 2005b>SHIP2, the ubiquitous SH2 domain containing inositol 5-phosphatase, includes a series of protein interacting domains and has the ability to dephosphorylate phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate [PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)]in vitro...
- The docking properties of SHIP2 influence both JIP1 tyrosine phosphorylation and JNK activityJingwei Xie
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research IRIBHM, School of Medicine, Free University of Brussels, Campus Erasme, Building C, Route de Lennik 808, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Cell Signal 20:1432-41. 2008b>SHIP2 (SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2) is an ubiquitously expressed phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)) 5-phosphatase which contains various motifs susceptible to mediate protein-protein ..
- Catalytically inactive SHIP2 inhibits proliferation by attenuating PDGF signaling in 3T3-L1 preadipocytesYulia Artemenko
Chronic Disease Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute and Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 218:228-36. 2009..SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) dephosphorylates PI(3,4,5)P3, and also binds to Shc...
- Absence of the lipid phosphatase SHIP2 confers resistance to dietary obesityMark W Sleeman
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, New York 10591 6707, USA
Nat Med 11:199-205. 2005Genetic ablation of Inppl1, which encodes SHIP2 (SH2-domain containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2), was previously reported to induce severe insulin sensitivity, leading to early postnatal death...
- The association between the SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-Phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and the adaptor protein APS has an impact on biochemical properties of both partnersSheela Onnockx
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research IRIBHM, Brussels, Belgium
J Cell Physiol 214:260-72. 2008b>SHIP2 (SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2) is a phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)) 5-phosphatase containing various motifs susceptible to mediate protein-protein interaction...
- SHIP2 phosphoinositol phosphatase positively regulates EGFR-Akt pathway, CXCR4 expression, and cell migration in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cellsNagendra K Prasad
Department of Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Int J Oncol 34:97-105. 2009The phosphoinositol phosphatase SHIP2 is an important regulator of energy metabolism...
- Glucose metabolism activation by SHIP2 inhibitors via up-regulation of GLUT1 gene in L6 myotubesAkira Suwa
Drug Discovery Research, Astellas Pharma Inc, 21 Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki 305 8585, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 642:177-82. 2010Lipid phosphatase SH2 domain-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) plays an important role in the regulation of insulin signaling. In this report, we identified AS1938909, a novel small-molecule SHIP2 inhibitor...
- LL5beta directs the translocation of filamin A and SHIP2 to sites of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-triphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P3) accumulation, and PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 localization is mutually modified by co-recruited SHIP2Tetsuji Takabayashi
Division of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Department of Morphological and Physiological Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:16155-65. 2010..accumulates, with the Filamin A-binding Src homology 2 domain-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2)...
- Inhibitors of the lipid phosphatase SHIP2 discovered by high-throughput affinity selection-mass spectrometry screening of combinatorial librariesD Allen Annis
Aileron Therapeutics, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 12:760-71. 2009This manuscript describes the discovery and characterization of inhibitors of the lipid phosphatase SHIP2, an important target for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes, using the Automated Ligand Identification System...
- Metabolic switching of PI3K-dependent lipid signalsC P Downes
Division of Molecular Physiology, James Black Centre, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 35:188-92. 2007..by a distinct family of enzymes exemplified by SHIP1 [SH2 (Src homology 2)-containing inositol phosphatase 1] and SHIP2. Mouse knockout studies, however, suggest that PTEN and SHIP2 have profoundly different biological functions...
- Endogenous SHIP2 does not localize in lipid rafts in 3T3-L1 adipocytesChristine Jacobs
Faculte de Medecine, Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et Moleculaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, BatC 4 126, Route de Lennik 808, B 1070 Bruxelles, Belgium
FEBS Lett 565:70-4. 2004SH2 domain containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase (SHIP2) dephosphorylates phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)) into phosphatidylinositol 3,4-bisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4)P(2))...
- Impact of transgenic overexpression of SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 on glucose metabolism and insulin signaling in miceSyota Kagawa
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Endocrinology 149:642-50. 2008SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a 5'-lipid phosphatase hydrolyzing the phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase product PI(3,4,5)P(3) to PI(3,4)P(2) in the regulation of insulin signaling, and is shown to be increased in ..
- The lipid phosphatase SHIP2 controls insulin sensitivityS Clement
IRIBHN, IBMM, Rue des Professeurs Jeener et Brachet 12, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
Nature 409:92-7. 2001..Type-II SH2-domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase, or 'SHIP2', is a member of the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase family...
- The inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP2 regulates endocytic clathrin-coated pit dynamicsFubito Nakatsu
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Cell Biol 190:307-15. 2010..In this study, we show that the inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP2, a negative regulator of PI(3,4,5)P(3)-dependent signaling, also negatively regulates PI(4,5)P(2) levels and is ..
- SHIP2: an emerging target for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitusJames W Baumgartener
8491 N E Paulanna Lane, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110, USA
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 3:291-8. 2003..Mice lacking one of these enzymes, Src-Homology Inositol Phosphatase-2 (SHIP2), demonstrate increased insulin sensitivity, suggesting that pharmacological inhibition of SHIP2 could alleviate ..
- Brief calorie restriction increases Akt2 phosphorylation in insulin-stimulated rat skeletal muscleCarrie E McCurdy
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, 2000 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E693-700. 2003..We also assessed changes in the abundance of SH2 domain-containing inositol phosphatase (SHIP2), a negative regulator of insulin signaling...
- Serum withdrawal-induced accumulation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase lipids in differentiating 3T3-L6 myoblasts: distinct roles for Ship2 and PTENAdel Mandl
Boston Biomedical Research Institute, 64 Grove Street, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:8098-112. 2007..Knockdown of the lipid phosphatase Ship2, on the other hand, dramatically increased the steady-state levels of PI-3,4,5-P3 but did not affect Akt ..
- Multiple defects in negative regulation of the PKB/Akt pathway sensitise human cancer cells to the antiproliferative effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugsEva Lincová
Department of Cytokinetics, Institute of Biophysics, AS CR, Brno, Czech Republic
Biochem Pharmacol 78:561-72. 2009..cancer cell line LNCaP, lacking both critical enzymes in the negative control of PKB/Akt activation, PTEN and SHIP2, was the most sensitive to these effects, as assessed by analysing the cell cycle profile and expression of cell ..
- PTEN and SHIP2 regulates PI3K/Akt pathway through focal adhesion kinaseAmit Gupta
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Sec 67, S A S Nagar, Punjab 160 062, India
Mol Cell Endocrinol 309:55-62. 2009..Here we report that PTEN and SHIP2, the phosphatases widely implicated as negative regulators of insulin signaling, to be responsible for ..
- PPAR-gamma inhibits ANG II-induced cell growth via SHIP2 and 4E-BP1Karim Benkirane
Clinical Institute of Health Research Multidisciplinary Research Group on Hypertension, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H390-7. 2006..initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1 (4E-BP1), as well as Src homology (SH) 2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2)...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of SHIP promotes its proteasomal degradationJens Ruschmann
The Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Exp Hematol 38:392-402, 402.e1. 2010..We sought to determine the mechanism(s) involved in its downregulation by BCR-ABL and by interleukin (IL)-4...
- Novel phosphotyrosine targets of FGFR2IIIb signalingYongde Luo
IBT Proteomics and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030 3303, USA
Cell Signal 21:1370-8. 2009..activities of FGFR1 that included multi-substrate organizers FRS2alpha and IRS4, ERK2 and phosphatases SHP2 and SHIP2. It uniquely phosphorylated CDK2 and phosphatase PTPN18 on sites involved in the attenuation of cell proliferation,..
- Membrane localization of Src homology 2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 via Shc association is required for the negative regulation of insulin signaling in Rat1 fibroblasts overexpressing insulin receptorsHajime Ishihara
First Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 16:2371-81. 2002Lipid phosphatase SHIP2 [Src homology 2 (SH2)-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2] has been shown to be a physiologically critical negative regulator of insulin signaling...
- INPPL1 is associated with the metabolic syndrome in men with Type 1 diabetes, but not with diabetic nephropathyM E Hyvönen
Department of Pathology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Diabet Med 29:1589-95. 2012..of this study was to investigate if the INPPL1 (inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1) gene encoding lipid phosphatase SHIP2 is associated with the metabolic syndrome and diabetic nephropathy in Finnish people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Role of inhibitory BCR co-receptors in immunityTakeshi Tsubata
Laboratory of Immunology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, 113 8510 Tokyo, Japan
Infect Disord Drug Targets 12:181-90. 2012..protein tyrosine phosphatase 1 (SHP-1), SHP-2, SH2 domain- containing inositol 5-phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) and SHIP2 depending on receptors. These phosphatases then negatively regulate B cell antigen receptor (BCR) signaling...
- Phosphotyrosine mediated protein interactions of the discoidin domain receptor 1Simone Lemeer
Chair of Proteomics and Bioanalytics, Technische Universitat Munchen, Emil Erlenmeyer Forum 5, 85354 Freising, Germany
J Proteomics 75:3465-77. 2012..numerous signaling proteins as new putative phosphotyrosine mediated interactors including RasGAP, SHIP1, SHIP2, STATs, PI3K and the SRC family kinases...
- Inositol polyphosphate phosphatases in human diseaseSandra Hakim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Wellington Rd, Clayton 3800, Australia
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 362:247-314. 2012..Additionally, polymorphisms in the 5-phosphatase SHIP2 confer diabetes susceptibility in specific populations, whereas reduced protein expression of SHIP1 is reported in ..
- Heterotypic Sam-Sam association between Odin-Sam1 and Arap3-Sam: binding affinity and structural insightsFlavia A Mercurio
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Via Mezzocannone 16, 80134 Naples, Italy
Chembiochem 14:100-6. 2013..Both Arap3-Sam and EphA2-Sam are able to associate with the Sam domain of the lipid phosphatase Ship2 (Ship2-Sam)...
- Elevated expression of SHIP2 correlates with poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancerMaoying Fu
Department of Infectious Diseases, The First People s Hospital of Kunshan Affiliated with Jiangsu University Suzhou 215000, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:2185-91. 2013SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a vital regulator of phosphoinositide pools in metabolic pathways and is considered to downregulate phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase signaling, which underlies the development of several ..
- Reversible Ser/Thr SHIP phosphorylation: a new paradigm in phosphoinositide signalling?: Targeting of SHIP1/2 phosphatases may be controlled by phosphorylation on Ser and Thr residuesWilliam s Elong Edimo
Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Bioessays 34:634-42. 2012..Since a subunit of the Ser/Thr phosphatase PP2A has been shown to interact with SHIP2, a putative mechanism for reversing SHIP2 Ser/Thr phosphorylation can be anticipated...
- SHIP2 regulates epithelial cell polarity through its lipid product, which binds to Dlg1, a pathway subverted by hepatitis C virus core proteinAline Awad
Universite Paris Sud, UMR S 785, F 94800 Villejuif, France
Mol Biol Cell 24:2171-85. 2013..This is associated with decreased expression of the polarity protein Dlg1 and the PI phosphatase SHIP2, which converts phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate into phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4)P2)..
- Regulation of phosphoinositide signaling by the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatasesMegan V Astle
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
IUBMB Life 58:451-6. 2006..we highlight recently established insights into the functions of two well characterized 5-phosphatases OCRL and SHIP2, which have been the subject of extensive functional studies, and the characterization of recently identified ..
- Localization of mRNA for SHIP2, SH2 domain-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase, in the brain of developing and mature ratsM Kudo
Division of Histology, Department of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Tohoku University, 2 1, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 75:172-7. 2000The localization of mRNA for SHIP2, SH2 domain containing inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP isozyme, was examined by in situ hybridization histochemistry in the brain of developing and mature rats...
- SHIP2, a factor associated with diet-induced obesity and insulin sensitivity, attenuates FGF signaling in vivoMichael J Jurynec
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Dis Model Mech 3:733-42. 2010SH2-domain-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) belongs to a small family of phosphoinositide 5-phosphatases that help terminate intracellular signaling initiated by activated receptor tyrosine kinases...
- Despite identifying some shared gene associations with human atopic dermatitis the use of multiple dog breeds from various locations limits detection of gene associations in canine atopic dermatitisShona H Wood
Department of Comparative Molecular Medicine, School of Veterinary Science, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 138:193-7. 2010..This study therefore suggests that further candidate gene studies in cAD should be breed and location specific to increase the likelihood of finding associations with the disease...
- Crosstalk of the EphA2 receptor with a serine/threonine phosphatase suppresses the Akt-mTORC1 pathway in cancer cellsNai Ying Yang
Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell Signal 23:201-12. 2011..changes in the activity of Akt upstream regulators (such as Ras family GTPases, PI3 kinase, integrins, or the Ship2 lipid phosphatase) in the observed loss of Akt T308 and S473 phosphorylation downstream of EphA2...
- Impact of lipid phosphatases SHIP2 and PTEN on the time- and Akt-isoform-specific amelioration of TNF-alpha-induced insulin resistance in 3T3-L1 adipocytesMariko Ikubo
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E157-64. 2009..Since lipid phosphatases SH2-containing inositol 5'-phoshatase 2 (SHIP2) and phosphatase and tensin homologs deleted on chromosome 10 (PTEN) are negative regulators of insulin's ..
- MicroRNA-184 antagonizes microRNA-205 to maintain SHIP2 levels in epitheliaJia Yu
Department of Dermatology, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:19300-5. 2008..Here we demonstrate not only that the lipid phosphatase SHIP2 is a target of miRNA-205 (miR-205) in epithelial cells, but, more importantly, that the corneal epithelial-..
- MicroRNA-205 promotes keratinocyte migration via the lipid phosphatase SHIP2Jia Yu
Department of Dermatology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago Ave, Ward 9 124, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
FASEB J 24:3950-9. 2010microRNA-205 (miR-205) and miR-184 coordinately regulate the lipid phosphatase SHIP2 for Akt survival signaling in keratinocytes...
- SHIPs ahoyG Krystal
Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 31:1007-10. 1999..More recently, a second more widely expressed SHIP-like protein has been cloned and called SHIP2. Both specifically hydrolyze phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate and inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate in ..
- The mouse SHIP2 (Inppl1) gene: complementary DNA, genomic structure, promoter analysis, and gene expression in the embryo and adult mouseS Schurmans
IRIBHN, Faculty of Medicine, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Genomics 62:260-71. 1999b>SHIP2 is a new member of the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase family showing homology to SHIP1...
- Hydrogen sulfide and L-cysteine increase phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PIP3) and glucose utilization by inhibiting phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN) protein and activating phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/serine/threonine protein kinase (APrasenjit Manna
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
J Biol Chem 286:39848-59. 2011..The PIP3 increase is mediated by PI3K activation and inhibition of PTEN but not of SHIP2. This study provides evidence for a molecular mechanism by which H(2)S or LC can up-regulate the insulin-signaling ..
- 5-Stabilized phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate analogues bind Grp1 PH, inhibit phosphoinositide phosphatases, and block neutrophil migrationHonglu Zhang
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The University of Utah, 419 Wakara Way, Suite 205, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 1257, USA
Chembiochem 11:388-95. 2010..Second, the enzymology of the five analogues is explored, showing the relative efficiency of inhibition of SHIP1, SHIP2, and phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome 10 (PTEN), as well as the greatly reduced ability of ..
- The SH2 domains of inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatases SHIP1 and SHIP2 have similar ligand specificity but different binding kineticsYanyan Zhang
Department of Chemistry and Ohio State Biochemistry Program, The Ohio State University, 100 West 18th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biochemistry 48:11075-83. 2009SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatases 1 (SHIP1) and 2 (SHIP2) are structurally similar proteins that catalyze the degradation of lipid secondary messenger phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-triphosphate to produce phosphatidylinositol 3,..
- The Sam domain of the lipid phosphatase Ship2 adopts a common model to interact with Arap3-Sam and EphA2-SamMarilisa Leone
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California, USA
BMC Struct Biol 9:59. 2009..Previous studies have demonstrated that the Sam domain of the lipid phosphatase Ship2 can hetero-dimerize with the Sam domain of the PI3K effector protein Arap3.
- Negative action of hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met system on angiotensin II signaling via ligand-dependent epithelial growth factor receptor degradation mechanism in vascular smooth muscle cellsFumihiro Sanada
Department of Clinical Gene Therapy, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamada oka, Suita, Japan
Circ Res 105:667-75, 13 p following 675. 2009..Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is known as an antiinflammatory growth factor, although it is downregulated in injured tissue. However, the precise mechanism how HGF reduces inflammation is unclear...
- Discovery and functional characterization of a novel small molecule inhibitor of the intracellular phosphatase, SHIP2A Suwa
Astellas Pharma Inc, Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 158:879-87. 2009The lipid phosphatase known as SH2 domain-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) plays an important role in the regulation of the intracellular insulin signalling pathway...
- Nephrin regulates lamellipodia formation by assembling a protein complex that includes Ship2, filamin and lamellipodinMadhusudan Venkatareddy
Division of Nephrology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28710. 2011..Upon activation Nephrin recruits and regulates a protein complex that includes Ship2 (SH2 domain containing 5' inositol phosphatase), Filamin and Lamellipodin, proteins important in regulation of ..
- Early signal protein expression profiles in basophils: a population studySusan Ishmael
Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Leukoc Biol 86:313-25. 2009..of syk, the variance of expression of 19 other elements (lyn, fyn, csk, cbp/PAG, CIN85, Bob1, c-cbl, SHIP1, SHIP2, p85alpha, p110delta, btk, PLCgamma1, PLCgamma2, SHP-1, PTEN, SOS2, CRACM1, and IL-3Ralpha) was narrow despite a ..
- Silencer of death domains (SODD) inhibits skeletal muscle and kidney enriched inositol 5-phosphatase (SKIP) and regulates phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling to the actin cytoskeletonParvin Rahman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Biol Chem 286:29758-70. 2011..Several 5-ptases, including SKIP and SHIP2, inhibit actin cytoskeletal reorganization by opposing PI3K/Akt signaling...
- SHIP-2 inositol phosphatase is inducibly expressed in human monocytes and serves to regulate Fcgamma receptor-mediated signalingRuma A Pengal
Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology Program, Dorothy M Davis Heart and Lung Institute, James Cancer Hospital, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22657-63. 2003..These findings unravel a novel level of regulation of FcgammaR-mediated activation of human myeloid cells by the expression and function of the inositol phosphatase SHIP-2...
- SHIP2 interaction with the cytoskeletal protein VinexinNathalie Paternotte
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
FEBS J 272:6052-66. 2005The src homology 2 (SH2) domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) catalyses the dephosphorylation of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate [PtdIns(3,4,5)P3] to phosphatidylinositol 3,4-bisphosphate [PtdIns(3,4)P2]...
- Differences in signaling pathways and expression level of the phosphoinositide phosphatase SHIP1 between two oncogenic mutants of the receptor tyrosine kinase KITJ M Vanderwinden
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Campus Erasme, CP 601, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Cell Signal 18:661-9. 2006..Noteworthy, the protein level of the phosphoinositide phosphatase SHIP1, but not SHIP2 and PTEN, was reduced in KIT(K641E) only while inhibition of KIT phosphorylation reversibly raised SHIP1 level in ..
- Impact of the liver-specific expression of SHIP2 (SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2) on insulin signaling and glucose metabolism in miceKazuhito Fukui
Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama, 930 0194, Japan
Diabetes 54:1958-67. 2005We investigated the role of hepatic SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) in glucose metabolism in mice...
- Pi 3-kinase and its up- and down-stream modulators as potential targets for the treatment of type II diabetesGuoqiang Jiang
Metabolic Disorders Diabetes, Merck Research Laboratories, RY80N C31, P O Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Front Biosci 7:d903-7. 2002..These potential targets include Src homology 2 domain containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2), phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome ten (PTEN), kappaB kinase beta (IKKbeta), PKC isoforms, and ..
- The gene INPPL1, encoding the lipid phosphatase SHIP2, is a candidate for type 2 diabetes in rat and manEvelyne Marion
IRIBHM Institut de Recherches en Biologie Humaine et Moléculaire, IBMM Institut de Biologie et de Médecine Moléculaires, ULB Université Libre de Bruxelles, rue des Professeurs Jeener et Brachet 122, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
Diabetes 51:2012-7. 2002..The lipid phosphatase SHIP2 is a potent negative regulator of insulin signaling and sensitivity in vivo and is thus a good candidate gene...
- Inhibition of endogenous SHIP2 ameliorates insulin resistance caused by chronic insulin treatment in 3T3-L1 adipocytesT Sasaoka
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Diabetologia 48:336-44. 2005b>SHIP2 is a physiologically important negative regulator of insulin signalling hydrolysing the PI3-kinase product, PI(3,4,5)P3, which also has an impact on insulin resistance...
- SHIP2 is recruited to the cell membrane upon macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF) stimulation and regulates M-CSF-induced signalingYijie Wang
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, and The Dorothy M Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Immunol 173:6820-30. 2004..In contrast to the limited cellular expression of SHIP1, the related isoform SHIP2, is widely expressed in both parenchymal and hemopoietic cells...
- SHIP family inositol phosphatases interact with and negatively regulate the Tec tyrosine kinaseMichael G Tomlinson
Department of Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 279:55089-96. 2004..In this study, we show that the inositol 5' phosphatases SHIP1 and SHIP2 interact preferentially with Tec, compared with other Tec family members...
- Two distinct tyrosine-based motifs enable the inhibitory receptor FcgammaRIIB to cooperatively recruit the inositol phosphatases SHIP1/2 and the adapters Grb2/GrapIsabelle Isnardi
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Clinique, INSERM U255, Institut de Recherches biomédicales des Cordeliers, 75006 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 279:51931-8. 2004..tyrosyl-phosphorylated and recruit the Src homology 2 (SH2) domain-containing inositol 5'-phosphatases SHIP1 and SHIP2, which mediate inhibition. The FcgammaRIIB ITIM was proposed to be necessary and sufficient for recruiting SHIP1/2...
- The c-Cbl-associated protein and c-Cbl are two new partners of the SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase SHIP2Isabelle Vandenbroere
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research, IRIBHM, School of Medicine, Free University of Brussels, Campus Erasme, Blg C, Route de Lennik 808, Brussels B 1070, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 300:494-500. 2003b>SHIP2 is a phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)) 5-phosphatase which contains motifs susceptible to mediate protein-protein interaction...
- Polymorphisms in type II SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (INPPL1, SHIP2) are associated with physiological abnormalities of the metabolic syndromePamela J Kaisaki
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
Diabetes 53:1900-4. 2004Type II SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (INPPL1, or SHIP2) plays an important role in the control of insulin sensitivity...
- Src homology 2 domain-containing inositol polyphosphate phosphatase regulates NF-kappa B-mediated gene transcription by phagocytic Fc gamma Rs in human myeloid cellsSusheela Tridandapani
Department of Internal Medicine, Heart and Lung Research Institute, Room 405D, Ohio State University, 473 West Twelfth Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Immunol 169:4370-8. 2002..These findings both provide a molecular mechanism for SHIP association with native ITAM-bearing receptors and demonstrate that SHIP association with ITAM-FcgammaR serves to regulate gene expression during the phagocytic process...
- Impact of Src homology 2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 on the regulation of insulin signaling leading to protein synthesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes cultured with excess amino acidsShihou Murakami
Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Endocrinology 145:3215-23. 2004Src homology 2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) possesses 5'-phosphatase activity to specifically hydrolyze the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase product PI(3,4,5)P3 in the regulation of insulin signaling...
- Nonreceptor protein tyrosine and lipid phosphatases in type I fc(epsilon) receptor-mediated activation of mast cells and basophilsPetr Heneberg
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 128:253-63. 2002..phosphatases (SHP-1, SHP-2, HePTP, PTP20, PRL1, PRL2, PTP-MEG1 and PTP-MEG2) and lipid phosphatases (SHIP and SHIP2) in the activation of mast cells and basophils after Fc(epsilon)RI aggregation...
- The insulin-sensitive side of SHIP2S Schurmans
IRIBHN Institute of Interdisciplinary Research at IBMM Institute of Molecular Biology and Medicine, Gosselies, Belgium
ScientificWorldJournal 1:209-10. 2001..e., decreased insulin sensitivity). Beside type II diabetes, other diseases like obesity, hypertension, atherosclerosis, hyperlipidaemia, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and acromegaly are indeed associated with insulin resistance...
- Identification of Signaling Targets of EphA2Sonja Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2005..proteins, including guanine nucleotide exchange factor Vav3, adaptor protein Nck2 and lipid phosphatase SHIP2. In this application, I propose to finish the screens and investigate the role of EphA2-interacting proteins, Vav3 ..
- SEARCH FOR SELECTIVE THERAPY OF CMLBayard Clarkson; Fiscal Year: 2007..All of these proteins have now been identified, including 3 novel proteins p62dok-1, p56dok-2, and SHIP2. The protein-protein and protein-phospholipid interactions involved in recognizing and initiating specific signals ..
- LIPID PHOSPHATASE ASSAYS IN DISEASE AND DRUG DISCOVERYBETH DREES; Fiscal Year: 2002..These assays will be aimed at measuring the activity of the lipid phosphatases PTEN, SHIP1, and SHIP2, which modulate phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling by conversion of Pl (3,4,5) P3 to Pl (4,5) P2 and Pl(3,4)P2 ..
- Indentification of AKT2/aPKC Substrates in AdipocytesPrem Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that the findings from the proposed investigations will improve our general understanding of players of insulin resistance and offer potential insight into new therapeutic modalities. ..
- SHIP-2 influence on macrophage Fc receptor functionSusheela Tridandapani; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed work holds promise for a better understanding of the IC-mediated inflammatory diseases at the molecular level, and paves the way for novel therapeutic targets. ..
- REGULATION OF SECRETION FROM HUMAN BASOPHILSDonald MacGlashan; Fiscal Year: 2009..A population of subjects will be examined for this relationship. ..