Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SHC3
Description: SHC (Src homology 2 domain containing) transforming protein 3
Alias: N-Shc, NSHC, RAI, SHCC, SH2 domain protein C3, SHC-transforming protein 3, SHC-transforming protein C, neuronal Shc, protein Rai, src homology 2 domain-containing transforming protein C3, src homology 2 domain-containing-transforming protein C3
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- The neuron-specific Rai (ShcC) adaptor protein inhibits apoptosis by coupling Ret to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathwayGiuliana Pelicci
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, 20141 Milan, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 22:7351-63. 2002b>Rai is a recently identified member of the family of Shc-like proteins, which are cytoplasmic signal transducers characterized by the unique PTB-CH1-SH2 modular organization...
- Two adaptor proteins differentially modulate the phosphorylation and biophysics of Kv1.3 ion channel by SRC kinaseKaren K Cook
Department of Biological Science, Program in Neuroscience and Molecular Biophysics, Biomedical Research Facility, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
J Biol Chem 277:13268-80. 2002..3 tyrosine phosphorylation, the channel's biophysical properties, and the physical complexes associated with Kv1.3 in the presence of Src kinase...
- RAI(ShcC/N-Shc)-dependent recruitment of GAB 1 to RET oncoproteins potentiates PI 3-K signalling in thyroid tumorsValentina De Falco
Instituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR G Salvatore, c o Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Oncogene 24:6303-13. 2005RAI, also named ShcC/N-Shc, one of the members of the Shc proteins family, is a substrate of the RET receptor tyrosine kinase. Here, we show that RAI forms a protein complex with both RET/MEN 2 A and RET/PTC oncoproteins...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization detection of cytogenetic abnormalities in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphomaPatricia Aoun
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3135, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1595-603. 2004..Clinical staging of B-CLL patients showed that 70% of the patients were Rai stage 0, 1, or 2, and 30% stage 3 or 4...
- [Changes in adrenal cortex function and protective effect of dexamethasone in septic rats during early phases]Zhen jie Hu
Intensive Care Unit, Forth Hospital Affiliated to Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:40-3. 2009To affirm the presence of relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI) in the early phases of sepsis and its probable mechanisms, and to study the optimal time for glucocorticoid replacement therapy.
- Treatment with lithium prevents serum thyroid hormone increase after thionamide withdrawal and radioiodine therapy in patients with Graves' diseaseFausto Bogazzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4490-5. 2002Serum thyroid hormone concentrations increase after radioiodine (RAI) therapy for Graves' disease...
- Serum levels of IL-6 type cytokines and soluble IL-6 receptors in active B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and in cladribine induced remissionT Robak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, Copernicus Hospital, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 8:277-86. 1999..We have correlated the serum levels of these proteins with Rai's clinical stage of the disease, the response to 2-CdA treatment and some hematological parameters...
- Altered arterial homeostasis and cerebral aneurysms: a molecular epidemiology studyAmin B Kassam
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurosurgery 54:1450-60; discussion 1460-2. 2004..In this study, we undertook a preliminary assessment of differential expression of key molecules involved with each phase of homeostasis: arterial flow modulation, arterial tear and repair, and the ensuing extracellular matrix...
- Prognostic value of autoantibodies against erythrocytes and platelets in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)G De Rossi
Human Biopathology Dept, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Tumori 77:100-4. 1991Antiglobulin test (AT) and Dixon tests were performed in 100 patients with CLL. Thirty-five of them had Rai stages 0 or 1, 19 stage 2, 13 stage 3, and 33 stage 4...
- Septic shock and sepsis: a comparison of total and free plasma cortisol levelsJ T Ho
Hanson Institute, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:105-14. 2006..after tetracosactrin have been associated with increased mortality and hemodynamic responsiveness to exogenous hydrocortisone in septic shock (SS), a phenomenon termed by some investigators as relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI).
- Risk adjustment of quality indicators in French long term care facilities for elderly people. A preliminary studyC Moty
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Unité INSERM 593 ex 330, Institut de Santé Publique, d Épidémiologie et de Développement, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 51:327-38. 2003..The objective of this preliminary study was to propose risk adjustments on the CHSRA indicators for future use in France...
- Radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism: prognostic factors affecting outcomeCihangir Erem
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Endocrine 25:55-60. 2004To assess the effectiveness of radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment in patients with hyperthyroidism and to evaluate prognostic factors affecting outcome.
- Clinicoprognostic implications of increased serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and basic fibroblastic growth factor in early B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaS Molica
Department of Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Catanzaro, Italy
Br J Cancer 86:31-5. 2002..Serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor positively correlated with Rai sub-stages (P=0.03), peripheral blood lymphocytosis (P=0.03), bone marrow histology (P=0...
- Adaptive servoventilation versus noninvasive positive pressure ventilation for central, mixed, and complex sleep apnea syndromesTimothy I Morgenthaler
Mayo Clinic Sleep Disorders Center, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Sleep 30:468-75. 2007....
- Long-term outcome of twin atrioventricular node and supraventricular tachycardia in patients with right isomerism of the atrial appendageMei Hwan Wu
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Heart Rhythm 5:224-9. 2008Twin AV nodes and resulting supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) have been described in right atrial isomerism (RAI).
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartic acid suppresses Akt activity through protein phosphatase in retinal ganglion cellsToru Nakazawa
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Seiryo, Aoba, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Mol Vis 11:1173-82. 2005..To investigate the relationship between Akt activity and retinal ganglion cell (RGC) death induced by N-Methyl-D-Aspartic acid (NMDA) in the rat retina...
- Peripheral blood levels of thyroglobulin mRNA and serum thyroglobulin concentrations after radioiodine ablation of multinodular goiter with or without pre-treatment with recombinant human thyrotropinI G S Rubio
Thyroid Unit LIM 25, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endocrinol Invest 30:535-40. 2007We investigated the effect of therapeutic doses of radioiodine (RAI) on peripheral serum messenger thyroglobulin RNA (Tg mRNA) and serum thyroglobulin (sTg) in patients with multinodular goiter (MNG) preceded or not by treatment with ..
- Use of antipsychotics in older home care patients in FinlandHanna Mari Alanen
Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Drugs Aging 25:335-42. 2008..To investigate the use of antipsychotic medications, and factors associated with such use, in elderly patients in home care in Finland...
- Characterization of thyroid-stimulating blocking antibodies that appeared during transient hypothyroidism after radioactive iodine therapyA W Kung
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Thyroid 10:909-17. 2000Hypothyroidism after radioactive iodine (RAI) therapy for Graves' disease can be transient or permanent. The cause for early transient hypothyroidism is unknown...
- The Rheumatology Attitudes Index and its helplessness subscale are valid and reliable measures of learned helplessness in Asian patients with systemic lupus erythematosusJ Thumboo
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
J Rheumatol 26:1512-7. 1999To assess the internal consistency, reliability, and construct validity of the Rheumatology Attitudes Index (RAI) and its subscales in a cohort of Asian patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- A phase II study of DT fusion protein denileukin diftitox in patients with fludarabine-refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemiaArthur E Frankel
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3555-61. 2003..We tested the safety and efficacy in these patients of a diphtheria fusion protein DAB(389)IL2 (denileukin diftitox) directed against the interleukin 2 receptor that is expressed by CLL cells...
- Evaluation of the surgical completeness after total thyroidectomy for differentiated thyroid carcinomaM Salvatori
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:648-54. 2007....
- Rosiglitazone effect on radioiodine uptake in thyroid carcinoma patients with high thyroglobulin but negative total body scan: a correlation with the expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gammaSupatporn Tepmongkol
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Thyroid 18:697-704. 2008..with high thyroglobulin (Tg) level but negative total body scan (TBS) are difficult to treat with radioiodine (RAI)...
- The comparative effects of gene modulators on thyroid-specific genes and radioiodine uptakeMurat Tuncel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22:281-8. 2007..thyroglobulin (Tg), thyroid peroxidase (TPO), and thyroid stimulating hormone receptor (TSH-R), and radioiodine (RAI) uptake in cancer (B-CPAP) and normal (Nthy-ori 3-1) thyroid cell lines...
- High prevalence of side effects after recombinant human thyrotropin-stimulated radioiodine treatment with 30 mCi in patients with multinodular goiter and subclinical/clinical hyperthyroidismRossana Romão
Thyroid Unit LIM 25, Division of Endocrinology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 19:945-51. 2009Treatment of multinodular goiters (MNGs) is highly controversial. Radioiodine (RAI) therapy is a nonsurgical alternative for the elderly who decline surgery...
- The yeast RNA1 protein, necessary for RNA processing, is homologous to the human ribonuclease/angiogenin inhibitor (RAI)R Schneider
, , Austria
Mol Gen Genet 233:315-8. 1992..Within this superfamily RNA1 is most closely related to the ribonuclease/angiogenin inhibitor (RAI), which is a tightly binding inhibitor of ribonucleolytic activities in mammals...
- Direct nasopharyngeal reflux of gastric acid is a contributing factor in refractory chronic rhinosinusitisJohn M DelGaudio
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Laryngoscope 115:946-57. 2005..It is hypothesized that refractory CRS patients have a greater incidence of laryngopharyngeal reflux and NPR events and that NPR is a significant etiologic factor for CRS in these patients...
- Molecular basis of aggressive disease in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients with 11q deletion and trisomy 12 chromosomal abnormalitiesAmit K Mittal
Department of Genetics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6395, USA
Int J Mol Med 20:461-9. 2007In B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), Rai stage, immunoglobulin gene mutational status, chromosomal abnormalities, CD38 and ZAP-70 expression were used as prognostic markers...
- Circulating proangiogenic cytokines and angiogenesis inhibitor endostatin in untreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaJoanna Gora-Tybor
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, ul Pabianicka 62 93 513 Lódz, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 12:167-71. 2003..5 pg/ml and 40.5 pg/ml respectively) (p<0.001). Patients in Rai stage III and IV also had significantly higher levels of bFGF than patients in Rai stage 0-II (median 100...
- Review of nursing documentation in nursing home wards - changes after intervention for individualized careG Hansebo
Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Family Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Adv Nurs 29:1462-73. 1999..The Resident Assessment Instrument/Minimum Data Set (RAI/MDS) especially developed for the care of elderly people, was used as a basis for individualized and documented ..
- The ecological complexity of the Thai-Laos Mekong River: III. Health status of Mekong catfish and cyprinids, evidence of bioaccumulative effectsKantimanee Phanwichien
Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University, Chatujak, Bangkok, Thailand
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 45:1681-8. 2010..comprising of 52 cyprinids and 65 catfishes were randomly collected from the Mekong River from 5 stations: Chiang Rai, Loei, Nongkhai, Nakhon Phanom and Ubonratchathani...
- Evaluation of methods of resynchronization for insemination in cows of unknown pregnancy statusK N Galvao
Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center, University of California Davis, Tulare 93274, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:4240-52. 2007..treatment until diagnosed as pregnant, which resulted in a total of 1,148 AI (495 PAI and 653 resynchronized AI; RAI)...
- Potential for Anopheles campestris (Diptera: Culicidae) to transmit malaria parasites in Pa Rai subdistrict (Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaeo Province), ThailandChamnarn Apiwathnasor
Department of Medical Entomology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Entomol 39:583-6. 2002..Anopheles barbirostris and Anopheles campestris Reid are the suspected vectors of Plasmodium vivax in Pa Rai (Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaeo province). To determine if An. barbirostris, An...
- Cinedefecographic findings in patients with obstructed defecation sindrome. A study in 420 casesA Renzi
Colorectal Surgery Unit, S Stefano Hospital, and Division of General Surgery, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Minerva Chir 61:493-9. 2006..Obstructed defecation syndrome (ODS) represents a very common clinical problem. The aim of this study was to analyze the cinedefecographic findings in a group of patients with ODS...
- Relative adrenal insufficiency among trauma patients in a community hospitalBrian R Beeman
Department of Surgery, Synergy Medical Education Alliance, 1000 Houghton Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48603, USA
Curr Surg 62:633-7. 2005..Recent studies have proven that low doses of hydrocortisone and fludrocortisone can significantly reduce mortality in patients with relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI) without increasing adverse events.
- The cin and rai quorum-sensing regulatory systems in Rhizobium leguminosarum are coordinated by ExpR and CinS, a small regulatory protein coexpressed with CinIAnne Edwards
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR47UH, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 191:3059-67. 2009..We conclude that CinS mediates quorum-sensing regulation because it is coregulated with an AHL synthase and demonstrate that its regulatory effects can occur in the absence of AHLs...
- Serum level of CD26 predicts time to first treatment in early B-chronic lymphocytic leukemiaStefano Molica
Medical Oncology Unit, Hematology Oncology Department, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Viale Pio X 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Eur J Haematol 83:208-14. 2009..07) and CD38 (P = 0.08), circulating levels of CD26 did not correlate with either Rai substages (P = 0.520) or other biomarker [beta2-microglobulin (P = 0.933), LDH (P = 0...
- Patient misconceptions and ethical challenges in radioactive iodine scanning and therapyM Sara Rosenthal
Program for Bioethics and Patients Rights, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0086, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 34:143-50; quiz 151-2. 2006The use and nature of radioactive iodine (RAI) are complex topics for patients with thyroid conditions to understand...
- A single unit lymphoma experience: outcome in a Cape Town academic centreLucille Wood
The Department of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Incorporating The Searll Research Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Constantiaberg Medi Clinic, Plumstead, Cape Town, South Africa
Transfus Apher Sci 37:93-102. 2007..or high-grade histopathology, risk factors defined by the International Prognostic Index as well as late Rai stages...
- Staging and prognosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia: the Manitoba experienceB K MacDougall
Department of Internal Medicine, St. Boniface General Hospital, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 3:139-43. 1988..Survival curves were developed using the staging systems of Rai and Binet. A clear separation in survival was found utilizing the system of Binet...
- Impact of lithium on efficacy of radioactive iodine therapy for Graves' disease: a cohort study on cure rate, time to cure, and frequency of increased serum thyroxine after antithyroid drug withdrawalFausto Bogazzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit G R, Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:201-8. 2010Radioactive iodine (RAI) is a common therapy for hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease. A small but significant proportion of patients have recurrence of hyperthyroidism after RAI therapy...
- [Developing and testing quality indicators of home care in Switzerland]L Burla
Fachstelle Gesundheitswissenschaften, Departement Gesundheit, ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Winterthur, Schweiz
Gesundheitswesen 72:106-13. 2010..this study was to develop and examine quality indicators of home care in Switzerland using the Swiss version of the RAI-HC (Resident Assessment Instrument Home Care)...
- [Telomere length and telomerase expression activity in mononuclear cells of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia]Lan Ma
Department of Hematology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:1409-12. 2009..There was statistical significant difference between Rai stages III-IV and stage 0, Rai stages III-IV and stages I-II, Binet stage C and stage A, Binet stage C and stage B; ..
- Normalization of serum thyrotrophin by means of radioiodine treatment in subclinical hyperthyroidism: effect on bone loss in postmenopausal womenJ Faber
Department of Endocrinology E, Frederiksberg Hospital, Denmark
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 48:285-90. 1998....
- Induction of stimulating thyrotropin receptor antibodies after radioiodine therapy for toxic multinodular goitre and Graves' disease measured with a novel bioassayGuido C Hovens
Department of Endocrinology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands
Nucl Med Commun 28:123-7. 2007Radioactive iodine therapy (RaI) in toxic multinodular goitre (TMNG) has been associated with the occurrence of Graves'-like hyperthyroidism. It has been postulated that pre-existing autoimmunity may contribute to this phenomenon.
- Long-term course and predictive factors of elevated serum thyroglobulin and negative diagnostic radioiodine whole body scan in differentiated thyroid cancerA S Alzahrani
Department of Medicine, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Endocrinol Invest 28:540-6. 2005..thyroid cancer (DTC) develop a state of high thyroglobulin (Tg) and negative diagnostic radioactive iodine (RAI) whole body scan (DxWBS). The predisposing factors and outcome of this condition are unclear...
- [Triple-phase helical CT in the differential diagnosis between small hepatocellular carcinoma and small hepatic cavernous hemangioma]Wei qiang Yan
Department of Radiology, Peking University Shenzhen Hospital, Shenzhen 518036, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 27:691-4. 2005..pattern at hepatic arterial phase (HAP), portal venous phase (PVP) and delayed phase (DP) by helical CT examination in order to differentiate small hepatocellular carcinoma (SHCC) from small hepatic cavernous hemangioma (SHCH).
- Hippocampal synaptic modulation by the phosphotyrosine adapter protein ShcC/N-Shc via interaction with the NMDA receptorYoshiaki Miyamoto
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, Oobu 474 8522, Japan
J Neurosci 25:1826-35. 2005N-Shc (neural Shc) (also ShcC), an adapter protein possessing two phosphotyrosine binding motifs [PTB (phosphotyrosine binding) and SH2 (Src homology 2) domains], is predominantly expressed in mature neurons of the CNS and transmits ..
- Influence of methimazole and radioactive iodine treatment in the serum levels of the chemokine CXCL10 in hyperthyroid patients with Graves' diseaseA C Leite
Endocrinology Division, Hospital do Servidor Publico Estadual de São Paulo IAMSPE, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Horm Metab Res 43:194-9. 2011..diagnosed GD patients received methimazole (MMI), 15 relapsed GD patients were treated with radioactive iodine (RAI), and 18 healthy subjects served as a control group...
- Radioactive iodine therapy for goitrous Hashimoto's thyroiditisJunichi Tajiri
Tajiri Thyroid Clinic, 2 6 20 Suizenji, Kumamoto 862 0950, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4497-500. 2006..Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease that can produce marked clinical symptoms when patients have large diffuse goiters...
- Radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism. Success rate and influence of thyrostatic medicationWisam K Ghadban
Department of Endocrinology Metabolism and Internal Medicine, Hamad Medical Corporation, PO Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
Saudi Med J 24:347-51. 2003The aim of this study is to evaluate the response rate of hyperthyroidism to radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment, optimum effective dose, effect of pretreatment with thyrostatic medications, etiology, ophthalmopathy, mortality and cancer ..
- Radioiodine therapy (RAI) for Graves' disease (GD) and the effect on ophthalmopathy: a systematic reviewShamasunder H Acharya
Department of Endocrinology, Wards 27 28, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:943-50. 2008An association between radioiodine therapy (RAI) for Graves' disease (GD) and the development or worsening of Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO) is widely quoted but there has been no systematic review of the evidence.
- Defining malnutrition risk for older home care clientsMary Ann Bocock
Department of Family Relations and Applied Human Nutrition, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Can J Diet Pract Res 69:171-6. 2008The Resident Assessment Instrument-Home Care (RAI-HC) is widely used to assess needs of home care clients and includes five items used to screen for malnutrition...
- Improved current era outcomes in patients with heterotaxy syndromesPetros V Anagnostopoulos
Pediatric Heart Center, The Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:871-7; discussion 877-8. 2009..We sought to assess whether current era management strategies have improved outcomes in patients with visceral heterotaxy...
- Nursing working conditions in relation to restraint practices in long-term care unitsLaura Pekkarinen
National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health STAKES, Helsinki, Finland
Med Care 44:1114-20. 2006..This study examined the effects of nursing working conditions on the use of physical restraints and antipsychotics as restraints in long-term care units for elderly residents...
- Use of antipsychotic medications in older home-care patients. Report from nine European countriesHanna Mari Alanen
University of Tampere, Medical School, FIN 33014 Tampere, Finland
Aging Clin Exp Res 20:260-5. 2008..Data on the use of antipsychotics among older people in need of regular home care services are rare. The aim of this study was to ascertain the differences in the use and type of antipsychotic medications between European home-care sites...
- [The effect of propylthiouracil on the efficacy of radioiodine (I-131) therapy in graves hyperthyroidism]Marcus V L de Souza
Servico de Endocrinologia, Departamento de Ciencias Médicas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 50:1088-95. 2006Aiming at evaluating the effect of antithyroid drugs on the efficacy of radioiodine treatment (RAI) we retrospectively analyzed 226 patients with Graves disease hyperthyroidism submitted to RAI between 1990 and 2001: 58 patients without ..
- Clinical progression and outcome of patients with monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosisSarah S Fung
Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, BC, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1087-91. 2007..We performed a retrospective analysis of patients with MBL (n = 46), Rai stage 0 CLL (n = 112) and Rai stage > or =1 CLL (n = 54). Median follow-up and range was 30 (0...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor modulation of Kv1.3 channel is disregulated by adaptor proteins Grb10 and nShcBeverly S Colley
Department of Biological Science, Programs in Neuroscience and Molecular Biophysics, The Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
BMC Neurosci 10:8. 2009..It is not known how adaptor proteins, which lack catalytic activity, but interact with members of the neurotrophic signaling pathway, might scaffold with ion channels or modulate channel activity...
- Effects of mutations involving cysteine residues distal to the S281HCC motif at the C-terminus on the functional characteristics of a truncated ectodomain-only thyrotropin receptor anchored on glycosylphosphatidyl-inositolSu Chin Ho
SingHealth Research, Singapore Health Service, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Thyroid 18:1313-9. 2008..There are 11 Cys residues in the ectodomain (ECD). Cys 41 at the N-terminus and Cys 283 at the SHCC motif have been identified as important for ligand binding...
- Expansion of CMV-specific CD8+CD45RA+CD27- T cells in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaWendelina J M Mackus
Department of Hematology, Academic Medical Center, Rm F4 210, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 102:1057-63. 2003..a detailed immunophenotypic analysis of the T-cell compartment in the peripheral blood of 28 patients with B-CLL (Rai 0, n = 12; Rai I-II, n = 10; Rai III-IV, n = 6) and 12 healthy age-matched controls and measured the ability of ..
- Adolescents at risk for violence: an initial validation of the life challenges questionnaire and risk assessment indexIlyse Grinberg
Sociology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida 33124 2030, USA
Adolescence 40:573-99. 2005..The survey items included correlates of youth violence and categorized risk level in a Risk Assessment Index (RAI) based on 53 critical items most strongly correlated with youth violence...
- A questionnaire survey concerning the most favourable treatment for Graves' disease in children and adolescentsGerasimos E Krassas
Eur J Endocrinol 151:155-6. 2004..for the treatment of Graves' thyrotoxicosis in childhood: antithyroid drugs (ATD), surgery and radioactive iodine (RAI). However, none of these treatments has been shown to be ideal or clearly superior to the others...
- Circulating vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its soluble receptors in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaJoanna Gora-Tybor
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz and Copernicus Memorial Hospital, 93 513 Lodz, ul Pabianicka 62, Poland
Eur Cytokine Netw 16:41-6. 2005..VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in the serum of 83, never-treated B-CLL patients in different stage of disease according to Rai classification, and 20 healthy volunteers...
- Three-week thyroxine withdrawal thyroglobulin stimulation screening test to detect low-risk residual/recurrent well-differentiated thyroid carcinomaA Golger
Department of Otolaryngology, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto Medical School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Endocrinol Invest 26:1023-31. 2003..well-differentiated thyroid carcinoma (WDTC) in patients previously treated by surgery and radioactive iodine (RAI) ablation therapy...
- Variation in training programmes for Resident Assessment Instrument implementationR Bernabei
Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
Age Ageing 26:31-5. 1997this paper provides an overview of the Minimum Data Set/Resident Assessment Instrument (MDS/RAI) training programmes in eight countries where the system has been introduced into nursing homes...
- [Reproductive pattern and mean size of sexual maturity of female lobsters Panulirus gracilis (Decapoda: Palinuridae) in Playa Lagarto, Guanacaste, Costa Rica]Helven Naranjo Madrigal
Rev Biol Trop 60:1783-93. 2012..Furthermore, we examined the size composition by depth; monthly pattern of reproductive activity (RAI) associated with the relative increase in sea surface temperature, and also the mean size at maturity using ..
- Molecular detection and identification of Babesia bovis and Babesia bigemina in cattle in northern ThailandShinuo Cao
National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Inada cho, Obihiro, Hokkaido, 080 8555, Japan
Parasitol Res 111:1259-66. 2012..prevalence and genetic relationship between Babesia isolates, we screened 200 blood samples of cattle from Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, and Lumpang provinces of northern Thailand...
- Real-world evaluation of the Resident Assessment Instrument-Mental Health assessment systemKaren A Urbanoski
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Psychiatry 57:687-95. 2012We evaluated the Resident Assessment Instrument-Mental Health (RAI-MH) assessment platform at a large psychiatric hospital in Ontario during the 3 years following its provincially mandated implementation in 2005...
- Differences of IgG antibody avidity after an acellular pertussis (aP) booster in adolescents after a whole cell (wcP) or aP primary vaccinationM Prelog
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Vaccine 31:387-93. 2013..Relative avidity index (RAI) of IgG-anti-pertussis toxin (PT) and IgG-anti-filamentous-hemagglutinin (FHA) was assessed by an adapted ELISA...
- Quality of life impact of external beam radiotherapy for advanced thyroid carcinomaThomas J Gal
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Thyroid 23:64-9. 2013..The goal of this study was to investigate the impact of this additional intervention on the quality of life (QOL) compared with total thyroidectomy (TT), with or without adjuvant radioactive iodine (RAI).
- Evidence for higher success rates and successful treatment earlier in Graves' disease with higher radioactive iodine dosesShoshana Sztal-Mazer
SEMPR, Endocrinology and Metabolism Service, Clinics Hospital, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
Thyroid 22:991-5. 2012Graves' disease is commonly treated with curative intent using radioactive iodine (RAI). While higher doses have been shown to increase success rates, more evidence is needed...
- Is Almond Consumption More Effective Than Reduced Dietary Saturated Fat at Decreasing Plasma Total Cholesterol and LDL-c Levels? A Theoretical ApproachRudy M Ortiz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, School of Natural Sciences, University of California, Merced, Merced, CA 95343, USA
J Nutr Metab 2012:265712. 2012..data to construct multiple regression analyses to theoretically assess the impact of relative almond intake (RAI) and dietary SFA on reducing pTC and pLDL-c concentrations...
- Can cytomorphology differentiate between benign nodules and tumors arising in Graves' disease?Scott R Anderson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 31:64-7. 2004..In addition, treatment of GD patients with radioactive iodine (RAI) may cause significant cytologic atypia, further increasing the diagnostic difficulty...
- Randomized controlled trial of a computerized decision aid on adjuvant radioactive iodine treatment for patients with early-stage papillary thyroid cancerAnna M Sawka
University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth St, 12 EN 212, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
J Clin Oncol 30:2906-11. 2012Decision-making on adjuvant radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment for early-stage papillary thyroid cancer (PTC) is complex because of uncertainties in medical evidence...
- Even without additional therapy, serum thyroglobulin concentrations often decline for years after total thyroidectomy and radioactive remnant ablation in patients with differentiated thyroid cancerRosália P Padovani
Endocrinology Service, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 22:778-83. 2012..management guidelines suggest that 6-12 months after total thyroidectomy and radioactive iodine remnant ablation (RAI-RA), patients with differentiated thyroid cancer should be re-evaluated with serum thyroglobulin (Tg) and neck ..
- Genetic determinants of statin-induced low-density lipoprotein cholesterol reduction: the Justification for the Use of Statins in Prevention: an Intervention Trial Evaluating Rosuvastatin (JUPITER) trialDaniel I Chasman
Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 900 Commonwealth Ave E, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:257-64. 2012..However, interindividual variation in low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) response to statins is wide and may partially be determined on a genetic basis...
- Natural history of early chronic lymphocytic leukemia. A single institution study with emphasis on the impact of disease-progression on overall survivalS Molica
Divisione Ematologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Viale Pio X, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Haematologica 84:1094-9. 1999..Is not clear whether these same criteria apply to patients followed-up in the setting of clinical practice. With the aim of addressing this issue we investigated the clinical outcome of a series of patients with Binet stage A CLL...
- CD69 is independently prognostic in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a comprehensive clinical and biological profiling studyGiovanni Del Poeta
Department of Hematology, University Tor Vergata, Roma
Haematologica 97:279-87. 2012..Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is a clinically heterogeneous disease which needs novel prognostic parameters which can be easily and efficiently managed...
- Estimates and relationships between aboveground and belowground resource exchange surface areas in a Sitka spruce managed forestA J Butler
School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh, Drummond Street, Edinburgh EH89XP, UK
Tree Physiol 30:705-14. 2010..We compared absorbing root area index (RAI(absorbing); based on the impedance measure) with fine root area index (RAI(fine); based on estimates of total ..
- Objective estimates of the probability of developing hypothyroidism following radioactive iodine treatment of thyrotoxicosisAftab M Ahmad
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Link 7 C, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Prescot Street, Liverpool, L7 8XP, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 146:767-75. 2002Several risk factors have been shown individually to influence the outcome following radioactive iodine (RAI) therapy in the treatment of hyperthyroidism...
- The role of radioactive iodine usage in the management of thyroid disorders with emphasis on sub-Saharan AfricaA O Ogbera
Department of Medicine, Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 27:211-7. 2008Radioactive iodine (RAI) usage is increasingly becoming a standard therapeutic and diagnostic measure in the management of thyroid disorders...
- Brief report: natural history of individuals with clinically recognized monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosis compared with patients with Rai 0 chronic lymphocytic leukemiaTait D Shanafelt
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3959-63. 2009..The natural history of clinically identified MBL is unclear. The goal of this study was to explore the outcome of patients with MBL relative to that of individuals with Rai stage 0 chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL).
- Treatment options for Graves disease: a cost-effectiveness analysisHaejin In
Department of Surgery, Boston Medical Center, 88 East Newton St, C515, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Am Coll Surg 209:170-179.e1-2. 2009..concerning the next best line of treatment for patients who have failed to achieve euthyroidism; options include lifelong ATM, radioactive iodine (RAI), or total thyroidectomy (TT). We aim to determine the most cost-effective option.
- Recommendations for additional imaging in radiology reports: multifactorial analysis of 5.9 million examinationsChristopher L Sistrom
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Radiology 253:453-61. 2009To quantify the rates of recommendation for additional imaging (RAI) in a large number of radiology reports of different modalities and to estimate the effects of 11 clinically relevant factors.
- The nature of safety problems among Canadian homecare clients: evidence from the RAI-HC reporting systemDiane M Doran
Lawrence S Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, 155 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Nurs Manag 17:165-74. 2009The purpose of this study was to identify the nature of patient safety problems among Canadian homecare (HC) clients, using data collected through the RAI-HC((c)) assessment instrument.
- [Clinical and laboratory prognostic parameters for leukemic types of chronic lymphoproliferative diseases]Ika Kardum-Skelin
Klinicka bolnica Merkur, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 62:351-64. 2008..The aim of the study was to identify the clinical and laboratory (hematologic, biochemical and morphological) prognostic parameters of chronic leukemic lymphoproliferative diseases (CLLPD)...
- The impact of thyroid cancer and post-surgical radioactive iodine treatment on the lives of thyroid cancer survivors: a qualitative studyAnna M Sawka
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e4191. 2009Adjuvant treatment with radioactive iodine (RAI) is often considered in the treatment of well-differentiated thyroid carcinoma (WDTC)...
- Metastatic thyroid cancer unresponsive to conventional therapies: novel management approaches through translational clinical researchN J Sarlis
Clinical Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Building 10, Rm 8D12C, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 1:103-15. 2001..Conventional therapy for ThyrCa consists of total/near-total thyroidectomy, radioiodine (RAI or 131I), and long-term thyroid hormone "suppressive" therapy (THST)...
- Percutaneous ethanol injection plus radioiodine versus radioiodine alone in the treatment of large toxic thyroid nodulesMatteo Zingrillo
Unità di Endocrinologia, Scientific Institute Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
J Nucl Med 44:207-10. 2003Therapeutic options for toxic thyroid nodules (TTNs) are surgery, radioiodine (RAI), and percutaneous ethanol injection (PEI). Surgery is generally considered for TTNs larger than 4 cm. However, some patients may be at high surgical risk...
- Associated factors of falls in nursing home residents in Hong Kong and the role of restraints: a cross-sectional survey using the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) 2.0Jenny S Lee
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Aging Clin Exp Res 20:447-53. 2008..To identify factors associated with falls in non-bedridden nursing home residents in Hong Kong, and to examine whether restraints are protective against falls...
- Is it useful to routinely biopsy hot nodules in iodine deficient areas?M F Erdogan
Ankara University, Medical Faculty, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
J Endocrinol Invest 26:128-31. 2003..Cancer is extremely rare in FTN; thus, some do not routinely biopsy and treat them with radioactive iodine (RAI) straight away or follow-up...
- [Coincidence of fistula enlargement and supra-oesophageal reflux in patients after laryngectomy and prosthetic voice restoration]K J Lorenz
Klinik für Hals Nasen Ohren Heilkunde, Kopf Hals Chirurgie, Bundeswehrkrankenhaus Ulm, Oberer Eselsberg 40, 89081, Ulm, Deutschland
HNO 57:1253-61. 2009....
- Mild decreases in white blood cell and platelet counts are present one year after radioactive iodine remnant ablationEleonora Molinaro
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Thyroid 19:1035-41. 2009Bone marrow suppression after multiple, high-dose radioactive iodine (RAI) therapies is well described...
- Preprosthetic periodontal surgery in the interproximal area with modification of the COL area: anatomic and histologic study in dogsA B Novaes
Department of Oral Surgery and Periodontology of the School of Dentistry of Ribeirão Preto, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Periodontol 72:1734-41. 2001..However, there are no data proving the efficacy of the procedures. The purpose of this study was to evaluate tissue response to preprosthetic surgery to modify COL morphology...
- Activation-induced cytidine deaminase mRNA levels in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaVeysel Sabri Hancer
Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Istanbul Bilim University, Istanbul, Turkey
Leuk Lymphoma 52:79-84. 2011The Rai and Binet staging systems, which are used as standard methods for evaluating the prognosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), have some restrictions in identifying patients with early-stage CLL who will progress rapidly...
- Direct differentiation of atrial and ventricular myocytes from human embryonic stem cells by alternating retinoid signalsQiangzhe Zhang
National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Cell Res 21:579-87. 2011..We found that both Noggin and the pan-retinoic acid receptor antagonist BMS-189453 (RAi) significantly increased the cardiac differentiation efficiency of hESCs...
- Treatment with sorafenib in advanced thyroid cancer - a case reportJolanta Krajewska
Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Oncology Department, Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre and Institute of Oncology, Gliwice Branch, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 61:492-6. 2010..The treatment, including total thyroidectomy and complementary radioiodine (RAI) therapy, gives complete remission in 90% of patients...
- Differentiating chronic lymphocytic leukemia from monoclonal B-lymphocytosis according to clinical outcome: on behalf of the GIMEMA chronic lymphoproliferative diseases working groupStefano Molica
Department Oncology Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio Viale Pio X, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Haematologica 96:277-83. 2011..However, it is not clear how these criteria apply to patient management in daily clinical practice and whether the lymphocyte thresholds recommended truly predict clinical outcome in early chronic lymphocytic leukemia...
- [Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI): a review of international research on the psychometric qualities and effects of implementation in nursing homes]W Achterberg
Verpleeghuis Rosendael, Utrecht
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 30:264-70. 1999..available literature on psychometric qualities and effects of implementation of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) on quality of care and health of nursing homes residents...
- Association between an unhealthy lifestyle and other factors with hypertension among hill tribe populations of Mae Fah Luang District, Chiang Rai Province, ThailandYuwadee Duangtep
District Health Office, Mae Fah Luang, Chiang Rai, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 41:726-34. 2010..lifestyle practices which could cause hypertension among hill tribe populations in Mae Fah Luang District of Chiang Rai Province, Thailand...
- HEALTH, QUALITY OF CARE AND NURSING HOME CHOICEAndrew Foster; Fiscal Year: 1999..Information on residents and new entrants is contained in the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and Minimum Data Set (MDS)...
- BEHAVIORAL RESEARCH FOR AIDS PREVENTION IN THAILANDMaria Wawer; Fiscal Year: 1993..The project, to be conducted in Bangkok in central Thailand, Chiang Rai in the north, and Hadyai in the south, will collect quantitative and qualitative behavioral data in brothels (..
- RAI CONDOM: Feasibility & Acceptability Study, Phase 1 Pilot Clinical ResearchDANIEL RESNIC; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): The purpose of this project is to research, refine and test three prototypes of the ORIGAMI RAI CONDOM, an RAI (receptive anal intercourse) condom made of a biocompatible, viral-impermeable silicone, which may ..
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT IN NURSING HOMESFrancois Sainfort; Fiscal Year: 1999..and (2) gathering routinely collected resident- level information using the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI). These data will be collected simultaneously in two different years to study changes over a period of one year...
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases isoforms as novel biomarkers in CLLLingzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Currently, clinical staging by the Rai and Binet criteria remains the foundation for determining prognosis and indication for treatment...
- Topical Microbicide AcceptabilityAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2006..Focusing on HIV-negative men who have receptive anal intercourse (RAI) using condoms inconsistently or not at all, the primary aims of this study are to (1) determine, through a rectal ..
- Family-to-Family: Psychoeducation to Improve Children's Outcomes in HIV+ FamiliesLi Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Phase 2, families with HIV+ parents (400 HIV+ parents, 600 family caregivers) from 4 district hospitals in Chang Rai &Nakhon Ratchasima Provinces will be recruited to an intervention to benefit their 960 school-aged children ..
- The Role of Oxidative Stress in CLL B-cell ApoptosisTait D Shanafelt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Conduct a clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of one ROS generating agent, EGCG, for treatment of patients with Rai state 0-II CLL...
- QUALITY MEASUREMENT IN RESIDENTIAL CAREMARY HAWES; Fiscal Year: 2001..In short, we propose a multi-faceted approach to developing and using quality measures to improve health care services to the vulnerable populations residing in RCFs. ..
- A PHASE 1 Study of HuD10 IN CLL/SLL PATIENTSJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2002..These laboratory studies combined with clinical data derived from this trial will form the basis for future phase II development of this agent in CLL/SLL. ..
- Developing Prevalence Measures of Elder Abuse in Residential Long-Term Care SettiMARY HAWES; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, the study addresses the CDC's Healthy People 2010 goals of assuring "Access to Quality Health Services--Long-term Care" and of "Injury and Violence Prevention." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Deciphering genes and pathways in nicotine dependenceMing Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..The completion of the proposed studies will advance our understanding of complex gene expression patterns associated with nicotine dependence and nicotine withdrawal in rats and in human postmortem brain tissues. ..
- Anal Dysplasia in HIV+ and HIV- menTimothy Wilkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will help provide important new information on which groups of HIV+ men may benefit from screening and how HAART may modify this risk. ..
- DEPSIPEPTIDE: A NOVEL HISTONE DEACYTLASE INHIBITOR IN LJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2003..The clinical and laboratory results of this trial will provide pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic information for additional correlative efforts in both single agent phase II and combination phase I studies. ..
- Epigenetic Targeted Therapy for Chronic Lymphocytic Leu*John Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Markers: Response to Chemo-immunotherapy in C*John Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such therapy would potentially administer different types of chemoimmunotherapy based upon the presence or absence of IgVH mutational status and p53 dysfunction. ..