Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SH3TC2
Description: SH3 domain and tetratricopeptide repeats 2
Alias: CMT4C, MNMN, SH3 domain and tetratricopeptide repeat-containing protein 2, SH3 domain and tetratricopeptide repeats-containing protein 2
- Homozygosity mapping of an autosomal recessive form of demyelinating Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease to chromosome 5q23-q33E LeGuern
INSERM U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 5:1685-8. 1996..Haplotype reconstruction and determination of the minimal region of homozygosity restricts the candidate region to a 4 cM interval...
- Histopathological findings in hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy of axonal type with onset in early childhood associated with mitofusin 2 mutationsJean Michel Vallat
Laboratoire de Neurologie, Centre de Référence des Neuropathies Périphériques Rares, CHU de Limoges, Limoges, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 67:1097-102. 2008..genetic basis of some hereditary neuropathies such as those associated with mutations in MPZ, GJB1, GDAP1, MTMR2, SH3TC2, PRX, FGD4, and LMNA...
- Characterization of a de novo translocation t(5;18)(q33.1;q12.1) in an autistic boy identifies a breakpoint close to SH3TC2, ADRB2, and HTR4 on 5q, and within the desmocollin gene cluster on 18qJohn B Vincent
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:817-26. 2009..The chromosome 5 breakpoint lies at the 3' end of the SH3TC2 gene and distal to beta-adrenergic receptor gene ADRB2 and serotonin receptor gene HTR4...
- The phenotype of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4C due to SH3TC2 mutations and possible predisposition to an inflammatory neuropathyHenry Houlden
Department of Molecular Neurosciences and The MRC Centre for Neuromuscular diseases, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, The Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BG, England, UK
Neuromuscul Disord 19:264-9. 2009..for CMT4C was previously assigned to the chromosome 5q23 region by homozygosity mapping and mutations in the SH3TC2 (KIAA1985) gene have been subsequently identified mainly in families around the Mediterranean basin but also ..
- [Ultrastructural lesions of axonal mitochondria in patients with childhood-onset Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease due to MFN2 mutations]Benoit Funalot
Service de Neurologie et Centre de Référence des Neuropathies périphériques rares, CHU Dupuytren, Limoges, France
Bull Acad Natl Med 193:151-60; discussion 160-1. 2009..sufficiently characteristic to suggest the genetic basis of some hereditary neuropathies such as those associated with mutations in MPZ, GJB1, GDAP1, MTMR2, SH3TC2, PRX, FGD4 and LMNA. This may also be true of MFN2-related neuropathies.
- Missense mutations in the SH3TC2 protein causing Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4C affect its localization in the plasma membrane and endocytic pathwayVincenzo Lupo
Genetics and Molecular Medicine Unit, Instituto de Biomedicina de Valencia IBV, CSIC, Valencia 46010, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 18:4603-14. 2009Mutations in SH3TC2 (KIAA1985) cause Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT) type 4C, a demyelinating inherited neuropathy characterized by early-onset and scoliosis...
- SH3TC2/KIAA1985 protein is required for proper myelination and the integrity of the node of Ranvier in the peripheral nervous systemEstelle Arnaud
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Lausanne, CH 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:17528-33. 2009..The gene mutated in CMT4C disease, SH3TC2/KIAA1985, was recently identified; however, the function of the protein it encodes remains unknown...
- Genetic study of demyelinating form of autosomal-recessive Charcot-Marie-tooth diseases in a Turkish familyNilufer Sahin-Calapoğlu
Department of Medical Biology, Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Int J Neurosci 119:1179-89. 2009..study for the presence of mutations in the coding region of GDAP1 and genetic linkage analyses of CMT4B1, CMT4B2, CMT4C, CMT4D, CMT4E, and CMT4F loci were tested in a Turkish family presenting recessively inherited form of CMT disease ..
- Mistargeting of SH3TC2 away from the recycling endosome causes Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4CRhys C Roberts
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:1009-18. 2010Mutations in the functionally uncharacterized protein SH3TC2 are associated with the severe hereditary peripheral neuropathy, Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4C (CMT4C)...
- Whole-genome sequencing in a patient with Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathyJames R Lupski
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1181-91. 2010..We therefore aimed to assess the usefulness of human whole-genome sequencing for genetic diagnosis in a patient with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease...
- SH3TC2, a protein mutant in Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy, links peripheral nerve myelination to endosomal recyclingClaudia Stendel
Institute of Cell Biology, Department of Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Brain 133:2462-74. 2010Patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy and gene targeting in mice revealed an essential role for the SH3TC2 gene in peripheral nerve myelination...
- Founder SH3TC2 mutations are responsible for a CMT4C French-Canadians clusterIsabelle Gosselin
Laboratoire de neurogénétique de la motricité, Centre d excellence en neuromique de l Université de Montréal, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hopital Notre Dame CHUM, Montreal, Que, Canada
Neuromuscul Disord 18:483-92. 2008..06). Haplotype analysis suggests that two SH3TC2 mutations are present in this cohort. The majority of carrier chromosomes, 26 of 34 (76%), carry the c...
- Genome-wide analysis of copy number changes and loss of heterozygosity in myelodysplastic syndrome with del(5q) using high-density single nucleotide polymorphism arraysLi Wang
LRF Molecular Haematology Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical, Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Haematologica 93:994-1000. 2008..Single nucleotide polymorphism array analysis has been shown to detect not only gene deletions but also regions of uniparental disomy that can pinpoint particular regions for mutation analysis...
- Identification and characterization of the human serotonin-4 receptor gene promoterT Hiroi
Radioisotope Research Institute, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Kawasaki 216 8511, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 289:337-44. 2001..In addition, untranslated exon 1 contained negative (+112 to +182) as well as positive (+1 to +111) modulators, indicating that exon 1 plays a regulatory role in the 5-HT(4) receptor gene expression...
- HUGE: a database for human large proteins identified in the Kazusa cDNA sequencing projectReiko Kikuno
Kazusa DNA Research Institute, 1532 3 Yana, Kisarazu, Chiba 292 0812, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 30:166-8. 2002..More interestingly, in some cases, the ability to compare cDNA with genomic sequences allows us to identify candidate sites of RNA editing. HUGE is available on the World Wide Web at http://www.kazusa.or.jp/huge...
- The kinesin superfamily protein Rab6KIFL is not involved in the pathophysiology of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4CMichiaki Nagura
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Int J Mol Med 11:45-7. 2003Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4C (CMT4C) is an autosomal recessive peripheral neuropathy reported in several Algerian families. The gene locus of this disease has been narrowed to 5q31-33...
- Mutations in a gene encoding a novel SH3/TPR domain protein cause autosomal recessive Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 4C neuropathyJan Senderek
Department of Human Genetics, Aachen University of Technology, Aachen, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 73:1106-19. 2003Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4C (CMT4C) is a childhood-onset demyelinating form of hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy associated with an early-onset scoliosis and a distinct Schwann cell pathology...
- Autosomal recessive forms of Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseJ M Vallat
Service de Neurologie, CHU Dupuytren, 2 Avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 4:413-9. 2004..There is, therefore, an indication for nerve biopsy to orient diagnostic research in molecular biology, which is presently very time consuming and can only be performed in highly specialized laboratories...
- Clinicopathological and genetic study of early-onset demyelinating neuropathyYesim Parman
Department of Neurology, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Millet Cad, Capa, 34390 Istanbul, Turkey
Brain 127:2540-50. 2004..We did not discern a specific pattern of histopathology that could be correlated to mutations in a particular gene...
- Autosomal-recessive Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseasesJean Michel Vallat
Neurology Department, University Hospital, 2 Avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges, France
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 64:363-70. 2005..Like with the dominant forms, there are undoubtedly many more mutations of other genes to be discovered...
- A novel Gypsy founder mutation, p.Arg1109X in the CMT4C gene, causes variable peripheral neuropathy phenotypesR Gooding
Laboratory for Molecular Genetics, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, Centre for Medical Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
J Med Genet 42:e69. 2005..Arg1109X, in the CMT4C gene. The screening of further unrelated patients, and of a panel of ethnically matched controls, showed that p...
- Spine deformities in Charcot-Marie-Tooth 4C caused by SH3TC2 gene mutationsH Azzedine
INSERM U679 ex U289, Neurology and Experimental Therapeutics, La Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Neurology 67:602-6. 2006..Recently, 11 mutations were identified in the SH3TC2 (KIAA1985) gene in 12 families with demyelinating ARCMT from Turkish, Iranian, Greek, Italian, or German origin.
- The p.R1109X mutation in SH3TC2 gene is predominant in Spanish Gypsies with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4R Claramunt
Instituto de Biomedicina, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Valencia, Spain
Clin Genet 71:343-9. 2007..that in 10 families, the disease is caused by mutations located on the SH3 domain and tetratricopeptide repeats 2 (SH3TC2) gene: p.R1109X in 20 out of 21 chromosomes and p.C737_P738delinsX in only one chromosome. Moreover, the SH3TC2 p...
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disorders with an autosomal recessive mode of inheritanceD Kabzinska
Neuromuscular Unit, Mossakowski Medical Research Center, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5, Warszawa, Poland
Clin Neuropathol 27:1-12. 2008..In the present review, we summarize molecular, electrophysiological, neuropathological and clinical aspects of AR-CMT disorders...
- Genetic spectrum of hereditary neuropathies with onset in the first year of lifeJonathan Baets
Neurogenetics Group, VIB Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerpen, Belgium
Brain 134:2664-76. 2011..sequencing of the coding regions of 11 genes: MFN2, PMP22, MPZ, EGR2, GDAP1, NEFL, FGD4, MTMR2, PRX, SBF2 and SH3TC2. In addition, screening for the Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1A duplication on chromosome 17p11.2-12 was performed...