Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SH3GLB1
Description: SH3 domain containing GRB2 like, endophilin B1
Alias: Bif-1, CGI-61, PPP1R70, dJ612B15.2, endophilin-B1, Bax-interacting factor 1, SH3 domain-containing GRB2-like protein B1, SH3-containing protein SH3GLB1, SH3-domain GRB2 like endophilin B1, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 70, testicular tissue protein Li 172
- Toton E, Lisiak N, Sawicka P, Rybczynska M. Beclin-1 and its role as a target for anticancer therapy. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2014;65:459-67 pubmed..Here we describe recent advances in understanding the molecular dynamics and regulation of autophagy and we discuss Beclin-1's contribution to anticancer therapy. ..
- Gan Y, Li Y, Long Z, Lee A, Xie N, Lovnicki J, et al. Roles of Alternative RNA Splicing of the Bif-1 Gene by SRRM4 During the Development of Treatment-induced Neuroendocrine Prostate Cancer. EBioMedicine. 2018;31:267-275 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that SRRM4 regulates alternative RNA splicing of the Bif-1 gene that enables PCa cells resistant to apoptotic stimuli under anti-cancer therapies, and may contribute to AdPC progression into t-NEPC. ..
- Wild F, Khan M, Straka T, Rudolf R. Progress of endocytic CHRN to autophagic degradation is regulated by RAB5-GTPase and T145 phosphorylation of SH3GLB1 at mouse neuromuscular junctions in vivo. Autophagy. 2016;12:2300-2310 pubmed..via macroautophagy/autophagy during atrophic conditions and are accompanied by the autophagic regulator protein SH3GLB1. The present study addressed the functional role of SH3GLB1 on CHRN trafficking and its implementation...
- Zhang C, Liu F, Chen H, Li N, Luo Z, Guo W, et al. Bif-1 promotes tumor cell migration and metastasis via Cdc42 expression and activity. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2017;34:11-23 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a novel role of Bif-1 in HCC, in which Bif-1 promotes cell metastasis by regulating Cdc42 expression and activity. ..
- Liu Y, Liu H, Xiao J, Ma K, Wang X, Shen H, et al. Autophagy is involved in the protective effect of endophilin A2 on H2O2-induced apoptosis in H9C2 cardiomyocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;499:299-306 pubmed publisher..This study provides a novel target for heart diseases. ..
- Liu Y, Takahashi Y, Desai N, Zhang J, Serfass J, Shi Y, et al. Bif-1 deficiency impairs lipid homeostasis and causes obesity accompanied by insulin resistance. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20453 pubmed publisher..These findings thus identify Bif-1 as a novel regulator of lipid homeostasis to prevent the pathogenesis of obesity and its associated metabolic complications. ..
- Lima S, Milstien S, Spiegel S. Sphingosine and Sphingosine Kinase 1 Involvement in Endocytic Membrane Trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:3074-3088 pubmed publisher..Together, our results highlight the importance of sphingosine and its conversion to sphingosine-1-phosphate by SphK1 in endocytic membrane trafficking. ..
- Marcassa E, Raimondi M, Anwar T, Eskelinen E, Myers M, Triolo G, et al. Calpain mobilizes Atg9/Bif-1 vesicles from Golgi stacks upon autophagy induction by thapsigargin. Biol Open. 2017;6:551-562 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data indicate that calpain allows dynamic flux of Atg9/Bif-1 vesicles from the Golgi toward the budding autophagosome. ..
- Bhowmik T, Gomes A. NKCT1 (purified Naja kaouthia protein toxin) conjugated gold nanoparticles induced Akt/mTOR inactivation mediated autophagic and caspase 3 activated apoptotic cell death in leukemic cell. Toxicon. 2016;121:86-97 pubmed publisher..This study might provide the understanding area of chemotherapeutic drug development from natural resources like snake venoms. ..
- Sun D, Zhu L, Zhao Y, Jiang Y, Chen L, Yu Y, et al. Fluoxetine induces autophagic cell death via eEF2K-AMPK-mTOR-ULK complex axis in triple negative breast cancer. Cell Prolif. 2018;51:e12402 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Fluoxetine induces apoptosis and autophagic cell death in TNBC, which will hold a promise for the future TNBC therapy. ..
- Gil J, Ramsey D, Szmida E, Leszczynski P, Pawlowski P, Bebenek M, et al. The BAX gene as a candidate for negative autophagy-related genes regulator on mRNA levels in colorectal cancer. Med Oncol. 2017;34:16 pubmed publisher..The high expression of the BAX gene seems to be a negative regulator of autophagy in colorectal cancer cells. The relative downregulation of autophagy-related genes was observed in colorectal cancer samples. ..
- Ahn C, Bae Y, Kim S, Kim J, Yu J, Yang H, et al. Spatiotemporal Expression Patterns and Antibody Reactivity of Taeniidae Endophilin B1. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:2553-62 pubmed publisher..b>Endophilin B1 plays critical roles in the maintenance of membrane contours and endocytosis...
- Yun Q, Jiang M, Wang J, Cao X, Liu X, Li S, et al. Overexpression Bax interacting factor-1 protects cortical neurons against cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury through regulation of ERK1/2 pathway. J Neurol Sci. 2015;357:183-91 pubmed publisher..In addition, knockdown of Bif-1 inhibited ERK1/2 activation. Our observations implicated Bif-1 as a novel target of cerebral I/R injury and played a neuroprotective effect via promoting cell survival and reducing apoptosis. ..
- Serfass J, Takahashi Y, Zhou Z, Kawasawa Y, Liu Y, Tsotakos N, et al. Endophilin B2 facilitates endosome maturation in response to growth factor stimulation, autophagy induction, and influenza A virus infection. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10097-10111 pubmed publisher..Whereas endophilin B1 (SH3GLB1/Bif-1) is known to be involved in a number of cellular processes, including apoptosis, autophagy, and ..
- Liu M, Zhang Q, Yuan X, Jin L, Wang L, Fang T, et al. Long noncoding RNA RP4 functions as a competing endogenous RNA through miR-7-5p sponge activity in colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2018;24:1004-1012 pubmed publisher..of the lncRNA RP4 mechanism involved assessment of the association of its expression with miR-7-5p and the SH3GLB1 gene...
- Gupta R, Ghosh S. Bax and Bif-1 proteins interact on Bilayer Lipid Membrane and form pore. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;463:751-5 pubmed publisher..6Â nS. No pore activity is observed on BLM when monomeric Bax and Bif-1 proteins are tested independently. The above-mentioned pore forming activity could be relevant in mitochondria-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Zheng Y. Proteomic analysis of Taenia ovis metacestodes by high performance liquid chromatography-coupled tandem mass spectrometry. Vet Parasitol. 2017;236:113-116 pubmed publisher..it was found that 24 proteins, including very low-density lipoprotein receptor, enolase, paramyosin and endophilin B1, were abundant in T. ovis metacestodes...
- Takahashi Y, Tsotakos N, Liu Y, Young M, Serfass J, Tang Z, et al. The Bif-1-Dynamin 2 membrane fission machinery regulates Atg9-containing vesicle generation at the Rab11-positive reservoirs. Oncotarget. 2016;7:20855-68 pubmed publisher..tubulation and fission during nutrient starvation in a manner dependent on the curvature-inducing protein Bif-1/Sh3glb1. Here, we identify Dynamin 2 (DNM2) as a Bif-1-interacting protein that mediates the fission of Atg9-containing ..
- Davis Anderson K, Wesseling H, Siebert L, Lunde Young E, Naik V, Steen H, et al. Fetal regional brain protein signature in FASD rat model. Reprod Toxicol. 2018;76:84-92 pubmed publisher..05) affected by alcohol. Thus, neurodevelopmental protein changes may directly relate to FASD neuropathology. ..
- Baxter E, Bennett T, Cairns A, Brownbill N, Goodwin A, Keen D, et al. A comparison of the amorphization of zeolitic imidazolate frameworks (ZIFs) and aluminosilicate zeolites by ball-milling. Dalton Trans. 2016;45:4258-68 pubmed publisher..By contrast, both X-ray total scattering measurements and (113)Cd NMR measurements point to changes in the local environment of amorphous CdIF-1 compared with its crystalline CdIF-1 precursor. ..
- Sumarac Dumanovic M, Apostolovic M, Janjetovic K, Jeremić D, Popadic D, Ljubic A, et al. Downregulation of autophagy gene expression in endometria from women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2017;440:116-124 pubmed publisher..ATG13, RB1-inducible coiled-coil 1), autophagosome nucleation (ATG14, beclin 1, SH3-domain GRB2-like endophilin B1), autophagosome elongation (ATG3, ATG5, ?-aminobutyric acid receptor-associated protein - GABARAP), and ..
- Wang Y, Wang J, Wang Q, Wang Y, Guo C, Chen Q, et al. Endophilin B2 promotes inner mitochondrial membrane degradation by forming heterodimers with Endophilin B1 during mitophagy. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25153 pubmed publisher..It has been reported that Endophilin B1 (EB1) promotes mitochondrial sequestration by binding and shaping membrane...
- Dong H, Tian L, Li R, Pei C, Fu Y, Dong X, et al. IFNg-induced Irgm1 promotes tumorigenesis of melanoma via dual regulation of apoptosis and Bif-1-dependent autophagy. Oncogene. 2015;34:5363-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal an Irgm1-dependent mechanism that promotes the tumorigenesis of melanoma via dual regulation of apoptosis and Bif-1-dependent autophagy. ..
- Aramaki Y, Ogawa K, Toh Y, Ito T, Akimitsu N, Hamamoto H, et al. Direct interaction between metastasis-associated protein 1 and endophilin 3. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3731-6 pubmed..But, Mta1 localized mainly in nucleus and to a lesser extent in cytoplasm while endophilin 3 localized mainly in cytoplasm. If Mta1 functions in cytoplasm, it might be involved in the regulation of endocytosis mediated by endophilin 3. ..
- Yamaguchi H, Woods N, Dorsey J, Takahashi Y, Gjertsen N, Yeatman T, et al. SRC directly phosphorylates Bif-1 and prevents its interaction with Bax and the initiation of anoikis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:19112-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that phosphorylation of Bif-1 impairs its binding to Bax and represses apoptosis, providing another mechanism by which Src oncogenic signaling can prevent cell death. ..
- Karbowski M, Jeong S, Youle R. Endophilin B1 is required for the maintenance of mitochondrial morphology. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:1027-39 pubmedWe report that a fatty acyl transferase, endophilin B1, is required for maintenance of mitochondrial morphology...
- Wang D, Kinoshita Y, Kinoshita C, Uo T, Sopher B, Cudaback E, et al. Loss of endophilin-B1 exacerbates Alzheimer's disease pathology. Brain. 2015;138:2005-19 pubmed publisherEndophilin-B1, also known as Bax-interacting factor 1 (Bif-1, and encoded by SH3GLB1), is a multifunctional protein involved in apoptosis, autophagy and mitochondrial function...
- Zhang C, Li A, Zhang X, Xiao H. A novel TIP30 protein complex regulates EGF receptor signaling and endocytic degradation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9373-81 pubmed publisher..Here we describe a protein complex consisting of TIP30, endophilin B1, and acyl-CoA synthetase long chain family member 4 (ACSL4) that interacts with Rab5a and regulates EGFR ..
- Modregger J, Schmidt A, Ritter B, Huttner W, Plomann M. Characterization of Endophilin B1b, a brain-specific membrane-associated lysophosphatidic acid acyl transferase with properties distinct from endophilin A1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4160-7 pubmedWe have characterized mammalian endophilin B1, a novel member of the endophilins and a representative of their B subgroup...
- Howard L, Nelson K, Maciewicz R, Blobel C. Interaction of the metalloprotease disintegrins MDC9 and MDC15 with two SH3 domain-containing proteins, endophilin I and SH3PX1. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:31693-9 pubmed
- Zhang H, Lu X, Wang N, Wang J, Cao Y, Wang T, et al. Autophagy-related gene expression is an independent prognostic indicator of glioma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:60987-61000 pubmed publisher..Analysis using a Cox proportional hazard regression model showed that MAPK8IP1 and SH3GLB1, two autophagy-related genes, were associated with the prognostic signature for glioma...
- Fields J, Metcalf J, OVERK C, Adame A, Spencer B, Wrasidlo W, et al. The anticancer drug sunitinib promotes autophagyand protects from neurotoxicity in an HIV-1 Tat model of neurodegeneration. J Neurovirol. 2017;23:290-303 pubmed publisher..In vivo, sunitinib treatment restored LC3-II, p62, and endophilin B1 (EndoB1) levels in doxycycline-induced Tat transgenic mice...
- Yang J, Takahashi Y, Cheng E, Liu J, Terranova P, Zhao B, et al. GSK-3beta promotes cell survival by modulating Bif-1-dependent autophagy and cell death. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:861-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study suggests that GSK-3beta promotes cell survival by modulating Bif-1-dependent autophagic response and cell death. ..
- Petrelli A, Gilestro G, Lanzardo S, Comoglio P, Migone N, Giordano S. The endophilin-CIN85-Cbl complex mediates ligand-dependent downregulation of c-Met. Nature. 2002;416:187-90 pubmed..These data provide further evidence of a relationship between receptor-mediated signalling and endocytosis, and disclose a novel functional role for Cbl in HGF receptor signalling. ..
- Ko Y, Cho Y, Won H, Jeon E, An H, Hong S, et al. Prognostic significance of autophagy-related protein expression in resected pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Pancreas. 2013;42:829-35 pubmed publisher..270, P = 0.022, respectively). The acquisition of autophagy-related proteins is associated with poor clinical outcome in PDAC. The detection and inhibition of autophagy offers a potential therapeutic target for PDAC. ..
- Li J, Barylko B, Eichorst J, MUELLER J, Albanesi J, Chen Y. Association of Endophilin B1 with Cytoplasmic Vesicles. Biophys J. 2016;111:565-576 pubmed publisher..Endophilins A1 and A2 promote the budding of endocytic vesicles from the plasma membrane, whereas endophilin B1 has been implicated in vesicle budding from intracellular organelles, including the trans-Golgi network and ..
- Lee S, Wenk M, Kim Y, Nairn A, De Camilli P. Regulation of synaptojanin 1 by cyclin-dependent kinase 5 at synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:546-51 pubmed..These results suggest that Cdk5 and calcineurin may have an antagonistic role in the regulation of synaptojanin 1 recruitment and activity, and therefore in the regulation of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate turnover at synapses. ..
- Runkle K, Meyerkord C, Desai N, Takahashi Y, Wang H. Bif-1 suppresses breast cancer cell migration by promoting EGFR endocytic degradation. Cancer Biol Ther. 2012;13:956-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest a novel function for Bif-1 as a suppressor of breast cancer cell migration by promoting EGFR degradation through the regulation of endosome maturation. ..
- Coppola D, Khalil F, Eschrich S, Boulware D, Yeatman T, Wang H. Down-regulation of Bax-interacting factor-1 in colorectal adenocarcinoma. Cancer. 2008;113:2665-70 pubmed publisher..The authors report the down-regulation of Bif-1 during the transition from NR to CRC, a novel finding in agreement with the tumor suppressor function of Bif-1. ..
- Schlauder S, Calder K, Khalil F, Passmore L, Mathew R, Morgan M. Bif-1 and Bax expression in cutaneous Merkel cell carcinoma. J Cutan Pathol. 2009;36:21-5 pubmed publisher..As shown, Bax and Bif-1 expression are not exclusively antithetical; therefore, future studies evaluating the expression of both proteins should be conducted. ..
- Xu L, Wang Z, He S, Zhang S, Luo H, Zhou K, et al. Bax-interacting factor-1 inhibits cell proliferation and promotes apoptosis in prostate cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:3513-3521 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings give strong evidence that Bif-1 is involved in PCa tumorigenesis and acts as a suppressor in PCa progression, and may have significance in understanding the process of PCa development. ..
- Zhu J, Xiong Y, Zhang W, Wan J. Endophilin B1 regulates EGFR endocytic degradation in prostate cancer cell. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2016;62:37-42 pubmed..In the present study, we demonstrated that endophilin B1 expression was inhibited and EGFR expression was significantly increased in prostate cancer cell lines...
- Azakir B, Angers A. Reciprocal regulation of the ubiquitin ligase Itch and the epidermal growth factor receptor signaling. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1326-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, Itch is a key regulatory locus for EGF receptor degradation. ..
- Wong A, Lee R, Cheung A, Yeung P, Chung S, Cheung Z, et al. Cdk5-mediated phosphorylation of endophilin B1 is required for induced autophagy in models of Parkinson's disease. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:568-79 pubmed publisher..We have identified endophilin B1 (EndoB1) as a Cdk5 substrate, and show that Cdk5-mediated phosphorylation of EndoB1 is required for autophagy ..
- Etxebarria A, Terrones O, Yamaguchi H, Landajuela A, Landeta O, Antonsson B, et al. Endophilin B1/Bif-1 stimulates BAX activation independently from its capacity to produce large scale membrane morphological rearrangements. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4200-12 pubmed publisherb>Endophilin B1/BAX-interacting factor 1 (Bif-1) is a protein that cooperates with dynamin-like protein 1 (DLP1/Drp1) to maintain normal mitochondrial outer membrane (MOM) dynamics in healthy cells and also contributes to BAX-driven MOM ..
- Rostovtseva T, Boukari H, Antignani A, Shiu B, Banerjee S, Neutzner A, et al. Bax activates endophilin B1 oligomerization and lipid membrane vesiculation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:34390-9 pubmed publisher..b>Endophilin B1 (Endo B1) was identified to bind Bax, a Bcl-2 family member that promotes apoptosis, through yeast two-hybrid ..
- Coppola D, Helm J, Ghayouri M, Malafa M, Wang H. Down-regulation of Bax-interacting factor 1 in human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Pancreas. 2011;40:433-7 pubmed publisher..This novel finding is in agreement with the tumor suppressor function of Bif-1. The lack of association between Bif-1 expression and patient survival may be best explained by the complexity of carcinogenesis. ..
- Masuda M, Takeda S, Sone M, Ohki T, Mori H, Kamioka Y, et al. Endophilin BAR domain drives membrane curvature by two newly identified structure-based mechanisms. EMBO J. 2006;25:2889-97 pubmed..We here propose that the BAR domain drives membrane curvature by coordinate action of the crescent's scaffold mechanism and the ridge's membrane insertion in addition to membrane binding via amino-terminal amphipathic helix. ..
- Elhamdani A, Azizi F, Solomaha E, Palfrey H, Artalejo C. Two mechanistically distinct forms of endocytosis in adrenal chromaffin cells: Differential effects of SH3 domains and amphiphysin antagonism. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3263-9 pubmed..These data confirm that dynamin-1 dependent RE is independent of clathrin and show that amphiphysin is exclusively associated with clathrin and dynamin-2-dependent SE. ..
- Richnau N, Aspenstrom P. Rich, a rho GTPase-activating protein domain-containing protein involved in signaling by Cdc42 and Rac1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35060-70 pubmed
- Coppola D, Oliveri C, Sayegh Z, Boulware D, Takahashi Y, Pow Sang J, et al. Bax-interacting factor-1 expression in prostate cancer. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2008;6:117-21 pubmed publisher..It seems that Bif-1 has a role in prostate cancer, providing the rationale for using Bif-1 as a target for prostate anticancer therapy. ..
- Kim S, Oh Y, Kim K, Jeong E, Kim M, Yoo N, et al. Decreased expression of Bax-interacting factor-1 (Bif-1) in invasive urinary bladder and gallbladder cancers. Pathology. 2008;40:553-7 pubmed publisher..0% and 34.6%, respectively) compared with their normal mucosal cells suggested that loss of Bif-1 expression might play a role in tumorigenesis in both UB and GB cancers, possibly by inhibiting apoptosis mediated by Bif-1. ..
- Lee J, Jeong E, Soung Y, Nam S, Lee J, Yoo N, et al. Decreased expression of tumour suppressor Bax-interacting factor-1 (Bif-1), a Bax activator, in gastric carcinomas. Pathology. 2006;38:312-5 pubmed
- Ramjaun A, Angers A, Legendre Guillemin V, Tong X, McPherson P. Endophilin regulates JNK activation through its interaction with the germinal center kinase-like kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28913-9 pubmed..Overexpression of full-length endophilin I activates rGLK-mediated JNK activation, whereas N- and C-terminal fragments of endophilin I block JNK activation. Thus, endophilin I appears to have a novel function in JNK activation. ..
- Takahashi Y, Karbowski M, Yamaguchi H, Kazi A, Wu J, Sebti S, et al. Loss of Bif-1 suppresses Bax/Bak conformational change and mitochondrial apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9369-82 pubmed..Taken together, these findings support the notion that Bif-1 is an important component of the mitochondrial pathway for apoptosis as a novel Bax/Bak activator, and loss of this proapoptotic molecule may contribute to tumorigenesis. ..