Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SGK2
Description: SGK2, serine/threonine kinase 2
Alias: H-SGK2, dJ138B7.2, serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk2, serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 2
- Gotoh S, Negishi M. Statin-activated nuclear receptor PXR promotes SGK2 dephosphorylation by scaffolding PP2C to induce hepatic gluconeogenesis. Sci Rep. 2015;5:14076 pubmed publisher..Statins utilize pregnane X receptor (PXR) and serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 2 (SGK2) to activate phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase 1 (PEPCK1) and glucose-6-phosphatase (G6Pase) genes, thereby ..
- Gan W, Li T, Ren J, Li C, Liu Z, Yang M. Serum-glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 contributes to mechanical stretch-induced inflammatory responses in cardiac fibroblasts. Mol Cell Biochem. 2018;445:67-78 pubmed publisher..that mechanical stretch increased SGK1 expression and activation in WT cardiac fibroblasts but not its isoform, SGK2 or SGK3 expression...
- Gotoh S, Miyauchi Y, Moore R, Negishi M. Glucose elicits serine/threonine kinase VRK1 to phosphorylate nuclear pregnane X receptor as a novel hepatic gluconeogenic signal. Cell Signal. 2017;40:200-209 pubmed publisher..This PP2Cα dephosphorylates serine/threonine kinase 2 (SGK2) at Thr193...
- Kobayashi T, Deak M, Morrice N, Cohen P. Characterization of the structure and regulation of two novel isoforms of serum- and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinase. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 1:189-97 pubmed..Here we identify two novel isoforms of SGK, termed SGK2 and SGK3, whose catalytic domains share 80% amino acid sequence identity with each other and with SGK (renamed SGK1)..
- Bruhn M, Pearson R, Hannan R, Sheppard K. Second AKT: the rise of SGK in cancer signalling. Growth Factors. 2010;28:394-408 pubmed publisher..Here, we will review the current state of knowledge on the regulation of the SGKs and their role in normal cell physiology and transformation with a particular focus on SGK3. ..
- Loffing J, Flores S, Staub O. Sgk kinases and their role in epithelial transport. Annu Rev Physiol. 2006;68:461-90 pubmed..In this review we first discuss the molecular, cellular, and regulatory aspects of Sgk1 and its paralogs. We then discuss its roles in the physiology and pathophysiology of epithelial ion transport. ..
- Baltaev R, Strutz Seebohm N, Korniychuk G, Myssina S, Lang F, Seebohm G. Regulation of cardiac shal-related potassium channel Kv 4.3 by serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoforms in Xenopus oocytes. Pflugers Arch. 2005;450:26-33 pubmed..3/KChIP2b channel activity in the Xenopus laevis heterologous expression system. Co-expression of SGK1, but not of SGK2 or SGK3, increased Kv 4.3/KChIP2b channel currents...
- NARAY FEJES TOTH A, Helms M, Stokes J, Fejes Toth G. Regulation of sodium transport in mammalian collecting duct cells by aldosterone-induced kinase, SGK1: structure/function studies. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;217:197-202 pubmed..In this study, we determined that the two recently described isoforms, SGK2 and SGK3 are also expressed in renal cortical collecting duct (CCD) cells; however, their expression is not induced ..
- Friedrich B, Feng Y, Cohen P, Risler T, Vandewalle A, Broer S, et al. The serine/threonine kinases SGK2 and SGK3 are potent stimulators of the epithelial Na+ channel alpha,beta,gamma-ENaC. Pflugers Arch. 2003;445:693-6 pubmed..It is therefore thought to participate in the antinatriuretic action of this hormone. More recently, two isoforms, SGK2 and SGK3, have been cloned...
- Lang F, Cohen P. Regulation and physiological roles of serum- and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinase isoforms. Sci STKE. 2001;2001:re17 pubmed..In contrast, little is known about the transcriptional regulation of the two closely related isoforms SGK2 and SGK3, although they can be activated by phosphorylation...
- Wang H, Xu D, Toh M, Pao A, You G. Serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase SGK2 regulates human organic anion transporters 4 via ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2. Biochem Pharmacol. 2016;102:120-129 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we examined the regulation of hOAT4 by serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 2 (sgk2) in the kidney COS-7 cells. We showed that sgk2 stimulated hOAT4 transport activity...
- Nacci L, Valli R, Maria Pinto R, Zecca M, Cipolli M, Morini J, et al. Parental origin of the deletion del(20q) in Shwachman-Diamond patients and loss of the paternally derived allele of the imprinted L3MBTL1 gene. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;56:51-58 pubmed publisher..We collected 6 SDS cases with del(20q): a cluster of imprinted genes, including L3MBTL1 and SGK2 is present in the deleted region. Only the paternal allele is expressed for these genes...
- Gotoh S, Negishi M. Serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 2 determines drug-activated pregnane X receptor to induce gluconeogenesis in human liver cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2014;348:131-40 pubmed publisher..In this study, we have determined that serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 2 (SGK2) is an essential factor that mediates this PXR-regulated glucose 6-phosphatase (G6Pase) induction and glucose ..
- Böhmer C, Sopjani M, Klaus F, Lindner R, Laufer J, Jeyaraj S, et al. The serum and glucocorticoid inducible kinases SGK1-3 stimulate the neutral amino acid transporter SLC6A19. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;25:723-32 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SGK isoforms are novel potent stimulators of SLC6A19 and may thus participate in the regulation of neutral amino acid transport in vivo. ..
- Embark H, Böhmer C, Vallon V, Luft F, Lang F. Regulation of KCNE1-dependent K(+) current by the serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (SGK) isoforms. Pflugers Arch. 2003;445:601-6 pubmed..study has been performed to explore whether the serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase family members SGK1, SGK2, or SGK3 and/or protein kinase B (PKB) influence K(+) channel activity in Xenopus oocytes expressing KCNE1...