Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SF3A2
Description: splicing factor 3a subunit 2
Alias: PRP11, PRPF11, SAP62, SF3a66, splicing factor 3A subunit 2, SAP 62, pre-mRNA splicing factor SF3A, subunit 2, spliceosome associated protein 62, splicing factor 3a, subunit 2, 66kD, splicing factor 3a, subunit 2, 66kDa
- Dresser D, Jamin S, Atkins C, Guerrier D. An expressed GNRP-like gene shares a bi-directional promoter with SF3A2 (SAP62) immediately upstream of AMH. Gene. 2001;277:163-73 pubmedA region of homology, containing the contiguous SF3A2 (formerly called SAP62) and AMH genes, exists between human chromosome 19 (HSA19p) and mouse chromosome 10 (MMU10)...
- Will C, Schneider C, MacMillan A, Katopodis N, Neubauer G, Wilm M, et al. A novel U2 and U11/U12 snRNP protein that associates with the pre-mRNA branch site. EMBO J. 2001;20:4536-46 pubmed..Immuno precipitations indicated that p14 is present in U12-type spliceosomes, consistent with the idea that branch point selection is similar in the major and minor spliceosomes. ..
- Hong W, Bennett M, Xiao Y, Feld Kramer R, Wang C, Reed R. Association of U2 snRNP with the spliceosomal complex E. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:354-61 pubmed..In this study, we have generated and characterized a monoclonal antibody (mAb 4G8) directed against SAP 62, a component of U2 snRNP and a subunit of the essential mammalian splicing factor SF3a...
- Dresser D, Hacker A, Lovell Badge R, Guerrier D. The genes for a spliceosome protein (SAP62) and the anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) are contiguous. Hum Mol Genet. 1995;4:1613-8 pubmed..hormone (Amh) gene, we identified a region of homology with the known cDNA sequence of a human spliceosome gene (SAP62)...
- Nesic D, Kramer A. Domains in human splicing factors SF3a60 and SF3a66 required for binding to SF3a120, assembly of the 17S U2 snRNP, and prespliceosome formation. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6406-17 pubmed..We have analyzed the function of individual subunits of human SF3a (SF3a60, SF3a66, and SF3a120) by testing recombinant proteins, expressed in insect cells, in various in vitro assays...
- Nesic D, Tanackovic G, Kramer A. A role for Cajal bodies in the final steps of U2 snRNP biogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4423-33 pubmed..To analyze cellular aspects of this process, we studied domains in SF3a60 and SF3a66 that are required for their localization to nuclear speckles...
- Tanackovic G, Kramer A. Human splicing factor SF3a, but not SF1, is essential for pre-mRNA splicing in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1366-77 pubmed..Together with the observation that the 17S U2 snRNP cannot be detected in extracts from SF3a-depleted cells, our results provide further evidence for a function of Cajal bodies in U2 snRNP biogenesis. ..
- LlÃ¨res D, Denegri M, Biggiogera M, Ajuh P, Lamond A. Direct interaction between hnRNP-M and CDC5L/PLRG1 proteins affects alternative splice site choice. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:445-51 pubmed publisher..hnRNP-M affects both 5' and 3' alternative splice site choices, and an hnRNP-M mutant lacking the CDC5L/PLRG1 interaction domain is unable to modulate alternative splicing of an adeno-E1A mini-gene substrate. ..
- Hirokawa M, Morita H, Tajima T, Takahashi A, Ashikawa K, Miya F, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies PLCL2 and AP3D1-DOT1L-SF3A2 as new susceptibility loci for myocardial infarction in Japanese. Eur J Hum Genet. 2015;23:374-80 pubmed publisher..3 (rs4618210:A>G, P = 2.60 × 10(-9), odds ratio (OR) = 0.91) and AP3D1-DOT1L-SF3A2 on chromosome 19p13.3 (rs3803915:A>C, P = 3.84 × 10(-9), OR = 0.89)...
- Crisci A, Raleff F, Bagdiul I, Raabe M, Urlaub H, Rain J, et al. Mammalian splicing factor SF1 interacts with SURP domains of U2 snRNP-associated proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:10456-73 pubmed publisher..In addition, these findings may have implications for alternative splicing decisions. ..
- Moraitou M, Patrinou Georgoula M, Guialis A. Structural/functional properties of a mammalian multi-component structure containing all major spliceosomal small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles. Biochem J. 1998;332 ( Pt 1):135-44 pubmed..Moreover, these fractions were capable of restoring splicing activity when applied in reconstitution studies to supplement a micrococcal nuclease-treated splicing extract. ..
- Bennett M, Reed R. Correspondence between a mammalian spliceosome component and an essential yeast splicing factor. Science. 1993;262:105-8 pubmed..strategy was used to isolate a complementary DNA encoding the mammalian spliceosome-associated protein (SAP) SAP 62. It is demonstrated that SAP 62 is the likely functional homolog of the yeast PRP11 protein...
- Das R, Zhou Z, Reed R. Functional association of U2 snRNP with the ATP-independent spliceosomal complex E. Mol Cell. 2000;5:779-87 pubmed..These data suggest a model for spliceosome assembly in which U1 and U2 snRNPs first associate with the spliceosome in the E complex and then an ATP-dependent step results in highly stable U2 snRNP binding to the BPS in the A complex. ..
- Kramer A, Grüter P, Gröning K, Kastner B. Combined biochemical and electron microscopic analyses reveal the architecture of the mammalian U2 snRNP. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:1355-68 pubmed..Comparison to the two-domain structure of the 17S U2 snRNP corroborates the biochemical results in that binding of SF3a contributes to an increase in size of the 12S U2 domain and possibly induces a structural change in the SF3b domain. ..