Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SETD2
Description: SET domain containing 2
Alias: HBP231, HIF-1, HIP-1, HSPC069, HYPB, KMT3A, LLS, SET2, p231HBP, histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SETD2, huntingtin interacting protein 1, huntingtin yeast partner B, huntingtin-interacting protein B, lysine N-methyltransferase 3A, protein-lysine N-methyltransferase SETD2
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Dalgliesh G, Furge K, Greenman C, Chen L, Bignell G, Butler A, et al. Systematic sequencing of renal carcinoma reveals inactivation of histone modifying genes. Nature. 2010;463:360-3 pubmed publisher..report the identification of inactivating mutations in two genes encoding enzymes involved in histone modification-SETD2, a histone H3 lysine 36 methyltransferase, and JARID1C (also known as KDM5C), a histone H3 lysine 4 demethylase-as ..
- Carvalho S, Raposo A, Martins F, Grosso A, Sridhara S, Rino J, et al. Histone methyltransferase SETD2 coordinates FACT recruitment with nucleosome dynamics during transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:2881-93 pubmed publisherHistone H3 of nucleosomes positioned on active genes is trimethylated at Lys36 (H3K36me3) by the SETD2 (also termed KMT3A/SET2 or HYPB) methyltransferase...
- Zhu X, He F, Zeng H, Ling S, Chen A, Wang Y, et al. Identification of functional cooperative mutations of SETD2 in human acute leukemia. Nat Genet. 2014;46:287-93 pubmed publisher..KMT2A) gene-rearranged leukemia, we identified a transforming MLL-NRIP3 fusion gene and biallelic mutations in SETD2 (encoding a histone H3K36 methyltransferase)...
- Yoh S, Lucas J, Jones K. The Iws1:Spt6:CTD complex controls cotranscriptional mRNA biosynthesis and HYPB/Setd2-mediated histone H3K36 methylation. Genes Dev. 2008;22:3422-34 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Iws1 also recruits the HYPB/Setd2 histone methyltransferase to the RNAPII elongation complex and is required for H3K36 trimethylation (H3K36me3) ..
- Al Sarakbi W, Sasi W, Jiang W, Roberts T, Newbold R, Mokbel K. The mRNA expression of SETD2 in human breast cancer: correlation with clinico-pathological parameters. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:290 pubmed publisherSET domain containing protein 2 (SETD2) is a histone methyltransferase that is involved in transcriptional elongation. There is evidence that SETD2 interacts with p53 and selectively regulates its downstream genes...
- Newbold R, Mokbel K. Evidence for a tumour suppressor function of SETD2 in human breast cancer: a new hypothesis. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:3309-11 pubmedSET domain containing protein 2 (SETD2) is a histone methyltransferase that is involved in transcriptional elongation. We previously demonstrated SETD2 to be a potential tumour suppressor gene in breast cancer...
- Sen A, Gurdziel K, Liu J, Qu W, Nuga O, Burl R, et al. Smooth, an hnRNP-L Homolog, Might Decrease Mitochondrial Metabolism by Post-Transcriptional Regulation of Isocitrate Dehydrogenase (Idh) and Other Metabolic Genes in the Sub-Acute Phase of Traumatic Brain Injury. Front Genet. 2017;8:175 pubmed publisher..L (hnRNP-L) class of splicing factor, which has been shown to interact with the H3K36 histone methyltransferase, SET2, and to be involved in intron retention in human cells...
- Heim C, Bernhardt W, Jalilova S, Wang Z, Motsch B, Ramsperger Gleixner M, et al. Prolyl-hydroxylase inhibitor activating hypoxia-inducible transcription factors reduce levels of transplant arteriosclerosis in a murine aortic allograft model. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2016;22:561-70 pubmed publisher..Pharmaceutical inhibition of PHDs appears to be a very attractive strategy for organ preservation that deserves further clinical evaluation. ..
- Grabiec K, Burchert M, Milewska M, BÅ‚aszczyk M, Grzelkowska Kowalczyk K. [Systemic and local mechanisms leading to cachexia in cancer]. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2013;67:1397-409 pubmed publisher..Understanding of the complexity of the interaction of factors produced by the tumor and the patient's body may form the basis for the development of effective treatments for cachexia in cancer and other pathological conditions. ..
- Tyszka Czochara M, Bukowska Strakova K, Kocemba Pilarczyk K, Majka M. Caffeic Acid Targets AMPK Signaling and Regulates Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle Anaplerosis while Metformin Downregulates HIF-1α-Induced Glycolytic Enzymes in Human Cervical Squamous Cell Carcinoma Lines. Nutrients. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..CA and Met may provide a promising approach in the prevention of cervical cancer progression. ..
- Ourique F, Kviecinski M, Zirbel G, Castro L, Gomes Castro A, Mena Barreto Silva F, et al. In vivo inhibition of tumor progression by 5 hydroxy-1,4-naphthoquinone (juglone) and 2-(4-hydroxyanilino)-1,4-naphthoquinone (Q7) in combination with ascorbate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:640-646 pubmed publisher..Juglone and Q7 in combination with ascorbate caused inhibition of tumor progress in vivo by triggering apoptosis and cell cycle arrest associated with oxidative stress, suppression of HIF-1 and uncoupling of glycolytic metabolism. ..
- Guo C, Hao L, Yang Z, Chai R, Zhang S, Gu Y, et al. Deferoxamine-mediated up-regulation of HIF-1Î± prevents dopaminergic neuronal death via the activation of MAPK family proteins in MPTP-treated mice. Exp Neurol. 2016;280:13-23 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the present data suggest that intranasal DFO treatment is effective in reversing MPTP-induced brain abnormalities and that HIF-1-pathway activation is a potential therapy target for the attenuation of neurodegeneration. ..
- Kwasek K, Rimoldi S, Cattaneo A, PARKER T, Dabrowski K, Terova G. The expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? gene is not affected by low-oxygen conditions in yellow perch (Perca flavescens) juveniles. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:849-862 pubmed publisher..The number of HIF-1? mRNA copies was not significantly different between hypoxic, mid-hypoxic, and normoxic conditions, and this was true for fish obtained in the middle and at the end of the experiment. Graphical abstract. ..
- Mi C, Ma J, Wang K, Zuo H, Wang Z, Li M, et al. Imperatorin suppresses proliferation and angiogenesis of human colon cancer cell by targeting HIF-1? via the mTOR/p70S6K/4E-BP1 and MAPK pathways. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;203:27-38 pubmed publisher..These conclusions suggest that imperatorin is an effective inhibitor of HIF-1 and provide new perspectives into the mechanism of its anticancer activity. ..
- Lin Y, Chiu I, Cheng F, Lee Y, Wang Y, Hsu Y, et al. The role of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? in zinc oxide nanoparticle-induced nephrotoxicity in vitro and in vivo. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2016;13:52 pubmed..ZnO NPs may cause nephrotoxicity, and the results demonstrate the importance of considering the toxicological hazards of ZnO NP production and application, especially for medicinal use. ..
- Seebacher N, Richardson D, Jansson P. Glucose modulation induces reactive oxygen species and increases P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug resistance to chemotherapeutics. Br J Pharmacol. 2015;172:2557-72 pubmed publisher..As tumour cells become glucose-deprived or exposed to high glucose levels, this increases stress, leading to a more aggressive MDR phenotype via up-regulation of Pgp. ..
- Pastukh V, Roberts J, Clark D, Bardwell G, Patel M, Al Mehdi A, et al. An oxidative DNA "damage" and repair mechanism localized in the VEGF promoter is important for hypoxia-induced VEGF mRNA expression. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015;309:L1367-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest that the BER pathway links hypoxia-induced introduction of oxidative DNA modifications in promoters of hypoxia-inducible genes to transcriptional activation. ..
- Bolanos J. Bioenergetics and redox adaptations of astrocytes to neuronal activity. J Neurochem. 2016;139 Suppl 2:115-125 pubmed publisher..This article is part of the 60th Anniversary special issue. ..
- Livshits L, Chatterjee A, Karbian N, Abergel R, Abergel Z, Gross E. Mechanisms of defense against products of cysteine catabolism in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;104:346-359 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that sulfide resistance varies among wild C. elegans and other nematode species, suggesting that tolerance to sulfide was naturally selected in certain habitats. ..
- Zhou Y, Cheng C, Baranenko D, Wang J, Li Y, Lu W. Effects of Acanthopanax senticosus on Brain Injury Induced by Simulated Spatial Radiation in Mouse Model Based on Pharmacokinetics and Comparative Proteomics. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..It would be tested that whether the bioactive ingredients of AS could be effective through the blood-brain barrier in the future. ..
- Wang W, Xu B, Xuan H, Ge Y, Wang Y, Wang L, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 in clinical and experimental aortic aneurysm disease. J Vasc Surg. 2018;68:1538-1550.e2 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the potential significance of HIF-1α in aneurysm pathogenesis and as a target for pharmacologic suppression of AAA disease. ..
- Velásquez S, Killian D, Schulte J, Sticht C, Thiel M, Lindner H. Short Term Hypoxia Synergizes with Interleukin 15 Priming in Driving Glycolytic Gene Transcription and Supports Human Natural Killer Cell Activities. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12960-77 pubmed publisher..Hypoxic conditioning of NK cells may thus benefit their use in cell-based immunotherapy of cancer. ..
- Hollborn M, Vogler S, Reichenbach A, Wiedemann P, Bringmann A, Kohen L. Regulation of the hyperosmotic induction of aquaporin 5 and VEGF in retinal pigment epithelial cells: involvement of NFAT5. Mol Vis. 2015;21:360-77 pubmed..The downregulation of AQP5 under hypoxic conditions may prevent the resolution of edema. ..
- Ho T, Kapur P, Joseph R, Serie D, Eckel Passow J, Tong P, et al. Loss of histone H3 lysine 36 trimethylation is associated with an increased risk of renal cell carcinoma-specific death. Mod Pathol. 2016;29:34-42 pubmed publisherSequencing of clear cell renal cell carcinomas identified loss-of-function mutations of SETD2, a gene that encodes a nonredundant methytransferase responsible for histone H3 lysine 36 trimethylation (H3K36me3), and H3K36me3 is ..
- Gui L, Liu B, Lv G. Hypoxia induces autophagy in cardiomyocytes via a hypoxia-inducible factor 1-dependent mechanism. Exp Ther Med. 2016;11:2233-2239 pubmed..These findings provide a novel insight into the hypoxic-ischemic injury to cardiomyocytes and give evidence for the occurrence of HIF-1-mediated autophagy in myocardial ischemia. ..
- Sharma N, Cunningham C, Zheng H, Liu X, Patel K. Hypoxia-Inducible Factor-1? Mediates Increased Sympathoexcitation via Glutamatergic N-Methyl-d-Aspartate Receptors in the Paraventricular Nucleus of Rats With Chronic Heart Failure. Circ Heart Fail. 2016;9: pubmed..We conclude that subtle hypoxia within the PVN may act as a metabolic cue to modulate sympathoexcitation during CHF. ..
- Chu H, Jones N. Changes in Hypoxia-Inducible Factor-1 (HIF-1) and Regulatory Prolyl Hydroxylase (PHD) Enzymes Following Hypoxic-Ischemic Injury in the Neonatal Rat. Neurochem Res. 2016;41:515-22 pubmed publisher..There were no changes in PHD1 or PHD2 protein levels after HI when compared to age-matched controls. Further studies are necessary to establish roles for the HIF-1 regulatory enzyme PHD3 in brain injury processes. ..
- Choi J, Kim J, Song N, Suh J, Kim D, Kim S, et al. 15-Deoxy-?12,14-prostaglandin J2 stabilizes hypoxia inducible factor-1? through induction of heme oxygenase-1 and direct modification ofprolyl-4-hydroxylase 2. Free Radic Res. 2016;50:1140-1152 pubmed..In summary, 15d-PGJ2 stabilizes HIF-1? in MCF-7 cells through HO-1 induction with subsequent ROS generation and also through direct modification of PHD2. ..
- Lee L, Wong Y, Chan M, Chang K, Chen S, Chang C, et al. The correlation between HIF-1 alpha and VEGF in oral squamous cell carcinomas: Expression patterns and quantitative immunohistochemical analysis. J Chin Med Assoc. 2018;81:370-375 pubmed publisher..001). HIF-1Î± expression was not only influenced by tumor hypoxia, it also reflected tumor cell characteristics. High concentrations of VEGF and HIF-1Î± may have value as prognostic markers of tumor metastasis and recurrence. ..
- Ramamoorthy P, Xu G, Shi H. Expression of Hypoxia Inducible Factor 1alpha Is Protein Kinase A-dependent in Primary Cortical Astrocytes Exposed to Severe Hypoxia. Neurochem Res. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the inhibition of PKA but not CaMKII or CaMKIV increased cell death of astrocytes exposed to near anoxia. The results suggest that PKA plays an important role in the cell survival signaling pathways in astrocytes. ..
- Zhao R, Feng J, He G. Hypoxia increases Nrf2-induced HO-1 expression via the PI3K/Akt pathway. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016;21:385-96 pubmed
- De Bruycker S, Vangestel C, Van den Wyngaert T, Wyffels L, Wouters A, Pauwels P, et al. Baseline [(18)F]FMISO Î¼PET as a Predictive Biomarker for Response to HIF-1Î± Inhibition Combined with 5-FU Chemotherapy in a Human Colorectal Cancer Xenograft Model. Mol Imaging Biol. 2016;18:606-16 pubmed publisher..Baseline [(18)F]FMISO Î¼PET may predict the beneficial effect of HIF-1Î± inhibition during 5-FU chemotherapy in CRC. ..
- Vukovic M, Sepúlveda C, Subramani C, Guitart A, Mohr J, Allen L, et al. Adult hematopoietic stem cells lacking Hif-1Î± self-renew normally. Blood. 2016;127:2841-6 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that despite the hypoxic nature of the bone marrow microenvironment, Hif-1Î± is dispensable for cell-autonomous HSC maintenance. ..
- Yang H, Kwon C, Choi Y, Lee D. Both H4K20 mono-methylation and H3K56 acetylation mark transcription-dependent histone turnover in fission yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:515-521 pubmed publisher..and H4K20me1 and antisense RNA production was observed in the absence of the histone H3K36 methyltransferase Set2 and histone deacetylase complex (HDAC) that are involved in the suppression of histone turnover within the coding ..
- Brüne B, Courtial N, Dehne N, Syed S, Weigert A. Macrophage NOS2 in Tumor Leukocytes. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2017;26:1023-1043 pubmed publisher..Antioxid. Redox Signal. 26, 1023-1043. ..
- Schoepflin Z, Silagi E, Shapiro I, Risbud M. PHD3 is a transcriptional coactivator of HIF-1? in nucleus pulposus cells independent of the PKM2-JMJD5 axis. FASEB J. 2017;31:3831-3847 pubmed publisher..Schoepflin, Z. R., Silagi, E. S., Shapiro, I. M., Risbud, M. V. PHD3 is a transcriptional coactivator of HIF-1? in nucleus pulposus cells independent of the PKM2-JMJD5 axis. ..
- Shih J, Chiang W, Wu A, Wu M, Wang L, Yu Y, et al. Long noncoding RNA LncHIFCAR/MIR31HG is a HIF-1? co-activator driving oral cancer progression. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15874 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover an lncRNA-mediated mechanism for HIF-1 activation and establish the clinical values of LncHIFCAR in prognosis and potential therapeutic strategy for oral carcinoma. ..
- Moreno Acosta P, Vallard A, Carrillo S, Gamboa O, Romero Rojas A, Molano M, et al. Biomarkers of resistance to radiation therapy: a prospective study in cervical carcinoma. Radiat Oncol. 2017;12:120 pubmed publisher..Our results corroborate previous pre-clinical studies suggesting IGF-1R and hypoxia to be part of the biological pathways leading to radio-resistance. ..
- Bu J, Chen A, Yan X, He F, Dong Y, Zhou Y, et al. SETD2-mediated crosstalk between H3K36me3 and H3K79me2 in MLL-rearranged leukemia. Leukemia. 2017;: pubmed publisherPreviously, we identified SETD2 loss-of-function mutations in 22% of MLL-rearranged (MLLr) acute leukemia patients, implicating a mechanism for cooperativity between SETD2 mutations and MLL fusions...
- Hong F, Wan L, Liu J, Huang K, Xiao Z, Zhang Y, et al. Histone methylation regulates Hif-1 signaling cascade in activation of hepatic stellate cells. FEBS Open Bio. 2018;8:406-415 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that histone methylation modification plays an important role in the Hif-1 signaling cascade regulating HSC activation. ..
- Liu Z, Zhang Q, Wang Y, Wei C, Yan Q, Gong A, et al. [A experiment research of beryllium oxide induced oxidative lung injury and the protective effects of LBP in rats]. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2015;33:512-6 pubmed..05 or P < 0.01). BeO can cause abnormal expression of related genes of lung tissue in rats, LBP has protective effects on BeO caused lung injury. ..
- Kang T, Jones T, Naddell C, Bacanamwo M, Calvert J, Thompson W, et al. Adipose-Derived Stem Cells Induce Angiogenesis via Microvesicle Transport of miRNA-31. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2016;5:440-50 pubmed publisher..The study findings reveal the role of MVs in mediating ASC-induced angiogenesis and suggest a potential MV-based angiogenic therapy for ischemic diseases. ..
- Yue S, Liu J, Feng W, Zhang F, Chen J, Xin L, et al. System Pharmacology-Based Dissection of the Synergistic Mechanism of Huangqi and Huanglian for Diabetes Mellitus. Front Pharmacol. 2017;8:694 pubmed publisher..These results successfully explained the polypharmcological and synergistic mechanisms underlying the efficiency of Huangqi and Huanglian for the treatment of DM and its complications...
- Nakaoka H, Hara T, Yoshino S, Kanamori A, Matsui Y, Shimamura T, et al. NECAB3 Promotes Activation of Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 during Normoxia and Enhances Tumourigenicity of Cancer Cells. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22784 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of NECAB3 in cancer cells by either expressing shRNAs or generating a dominant negative mutant reduced tumourigenicity. Taken together, the data indicate that NECAB3 is a promising new target for cancer therapy. ..
- Li N, Li Y, Li Z, Huang C, Yang Y, Lang M, et al. Hypoxia Inducible Factor 1 (HIF-1) Recruits Macrophage to Activate Pancreatic Stellate Cells in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Moreover, macrophages could accelerate the activation of PSCs. HIF-1? might promote inflammation and fibrosis of PDAC through CCL2 secretion, which may provide a novel target to treat PDAC patients. ..
- Yeom C, Zeng L, Goto Y, Morinibu A, Zhu Y, Shinomiya K, et al. LY6E: a conductor of malignant tumor growth through modulation of the PTEN/PI3K/Akt/HIF-1 axis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:65837-65848 pubmed publisher..Our results characterized LY6E as a novel conductor of tumor growth through its modulation of the PTEN/PI3K/Akt/HIF-1 axis and demonstrated the validity of targeting this pathway for cancer therapy. ..
- Liu S, Zhao X, Li Q, Li N, Wang W, Liu Q, et al. Analysis of the Negative-SET Behaviors in Cu/ZrO2/Pt Devices. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2016;11:542 pubmed..In this work, we have observed two kinds of negative-SET (labeled as N-SET1 and N-SET2) behaviors in our Cu/ZrO2/Pt devices...
- Wiechec E, Hansson K, Alexandersson L, JÃ¶nsson J, Roberg K. Hypoxia Mediates Differential Response to Anti-EGFR Therapy in HNSCC Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..However, due to heterogeneity of HNSCC lesions, targeting HIF-1Î± may not be sufficient to mediate such a response. Further studies identifying a trait of hypoxia-specific response to cetuximab in HNSCC are advisable. ..
- Choi E, Byeon S, Kim S, Lee H, Kwon H, Ahn H, et al. Implication of Leptin-Signaling Proteins and Epstein-Barr Virus in Gastric Carcinomas. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0130839 pubmed publisher..Each leptin signaling-related protein may be differently involved in carcinogenesis of EBV-negative and EBV-positive subsets. ..
- Fan Y, Xu L, Shi C, Wei W, Wang D, Cai D. MicroRNA-454 regulates stromal cell derived factor-1 in the control of the growth of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22793 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that miR-454 may regulate SDF-1 in the control of the growth of PDAC. ..
- ..These studies have identified potential biomarkers and therapeutic targets regulated by hypoxia that could be incorporated into strategies aimed at preventing and treating metastatic disease. ..
- Parker H, Rose Zerilli M, Larrayoz M, Clifford R, Edelmann J, Blakemore S, et al. Genomic disruption of the histone methyltransferase SETD2 in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Leukemia. 2016;30:2179-2186 pubmed publisher..Using high-resolution single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) arrays, we identified recurrent deletions of the SETD2 locus in 3% (8/261) of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) patients...
- Charpentier T, Hammami A, Stager S. Hypoxia inducible factor 1?: A critical factor for the immune response to pathogens and Leishmania. Cell Immunol. 2016;309:42-49 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the role of HIF-1? in the immune response to various pathogens and we highlight how certain microorganisms, including Leishmania parasites, have evolved to hijack the HIF-1 pathway to their advantage. ..
- Kim J, Choi D, Min J, Kang I, Kim J, Kim S, et al. VBP1 represses cancer metastasis by enhancing HIF-1? degradation induced by pVHL. FEBS J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that VBP1 is a bona fide tumor suppressor protein associated with HIF-1? regulation. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Güntert T, Gassmann M, Ogunshola O. Temporal Rac1 - HIF-1 crosstalk modulates hypoxic survival of aged neurons. Brain Res. 2016;1642:298-307 pubmed publisher..Thus hypoxia-activated Rac1 is critical for neuronal HIF-1? stabilization and survival during oxygen deprivation via integration of complex signaling cascades. ..
- Giaccia A. A New Chromatin-Cytoskeleton Link in Cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:1173-1175 pubmedThe set domain containing 2 (SETD2) histone methyltransferase, located at 3p2, specifically trimethylates lysine 36 of histone H3 (H3K36me3)...
- Lin C, Liu T, Lee M, Yang S, Tsao T. Independent Prognostic Value of Hypoxia-inducible Factor 1-alpha Expression in Small Cell Lung Cancer. Int J Med Sci. 2017;14:785-790 pubmed publisher..003). In conclusion, we have provided evidence that HIF-1Î± expression has significant value in predicting survival of patients with SCLC and is an independent prognostic factor beyond ECOG performance and metastasis status. ..
- Hahne M, Schumann P, Mursell M, Strehl C, Hoff P, Buttgereit F, et al. Unraveling the role of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1α and HIF-2α in the adaption process of human microvascular endothelial cells (HMEC-1) to hypoxia: Redundant HIF-dependent regulation of macrophage migration inhibitory factor. Microvasc Res. 2018;116:34-44 pubmed publisher..These findings open new possibilities for therapeutic approaches by specifically targeting the HIF-1 and HIF-2 or their target MIF. ..
- Bartoszewski R, Serocki M, Janaszak Jasiecka A, Bartoszewska S, Kochan Jamrozy K, Piotrowski A, et al. miR-200b downregulates Kruppel Like Factor 2 (KLF2) during acute hypoxia in human endothelial cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2017;96:758-766 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provide a viable approach for differentiating direct from indirect miRNA effects in order to untangle the complexity of individual miRNA networks. ..
- Zoccola D, Morain J, Pages G, Caminiti Segonds N, Giuliano S, Tambutte S, et al. Structural and functional analysis of coral Hypoxia Inducible Factor. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186262 pubmed publisher..This study shows the strong conservation of molecular mechanisms involved in adaptation to O2 concentration between Cnidarians and Mammals whose ancestors diverged about 1,200-1,500 million years ago...
- Li B, Jackson J, Simon M, Fleharty B, Gogol M, Seidel C, et al. Histone H3 lysine 36 dimethylation (H3K36me2) is sufficient to recruit the Rpd3s histone deacetylase complex and to repress spurious transcription. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:7970-6 pubmed publisher..Transcription analysis and genome-wide histone modification studies on these mutants suggested that K36me2 is sufficient to target Rpd3S in vivo, thereby maintaining a functional Set2-Rpd3S pathway.
- Simon J, Hacker K, Singh D, Brannon A, Parker J, Weiser M, et al. Variation in chromatin accessibility in human kidney cancer links H3K36 methyltransferase loss with widespread RNA processing defects. Genome Res. 2014;24:241-50 pubmed publisher..cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC), three of the five commonly mutated genes encode the chromatin regulators PBRM1, SETD2, and BAP1...
- Lee Y, Lee J, Kim S, Lee Y. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 1,2-dithiol-3-thiones and pyrrolo[1,2-a]pyrazines as novel hypoxia inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) inhibitor. Bioorg Med Chem. 2016;24:2843-51 pubmed publisher..Among the synthesized, benzyl-substituted pyrrolo[1,2-a]pyrazine 2g most potently inhibited HIF-1? protein accumulation (81% at 10?M) and VEGF, GLUT-1 transcription (77% and 92% at 10?M, respectively). ..
- Ho T, Choueiri T, Wang K, Karam J, Chalmers Z, Frampton G, et al. Correlation Between Molecular Subclassifications of Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma and Targeted Therapy Response. Eur Urol Focus. 2016;2:204-209 pubmed publisher..The most common GAs detected in this series were in VHL (70%), PBRM1 (48%), SETD2 (32%), TSC1 (29%), MLL (19%), TERT (16%), ARID1B (16%), and KDM5C (16%)...
- Maier A, Wu H, Cordasic N, Oefner P, Dietel B, Thiele C, et al. Hypoxia-inducible protein 2 Hig2/Hilpda mediates neutral lipid accumulation in macrophages and contributes to atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. FASEB J. 2017;31:4971-4984 pubmed publisher..Dietel, B., Thiele, C., Weidemann, A., Eckardt, K.-U., Warnecke, C. Hypoxia-inducible protein 2 Hig2/Hilpda mediates neutral lipid accumulation in macrophages and contributes to atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. ..
- Saito M, Fujiwara Y, Asao T, Honda T, Shimada Y, Kanai Y, et al. The genomic and epigenomic landscape in thymic carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2017;38:1084-1091 pubmed publisher..We identified recurrent somatic mutations in TET2, CYLD, SETD2, TP53, FBXW7, HRAS and RB1, and no mutations in GTF2I, supporting the hypothesis that TC and thymoma are ..
- Passos G, Camargo J, Ferrari K, Saad M, de Mattos A, Reis L. Intravesical Thalidomide boosts bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) in non-muscle invasive bladder cancer treatment. Med Oncol. 2017;35:3 pubmed publisher..Intravesical BCG-Thalidomide might represent a significant increment in NMIBC treatment, suggesting p70S6K1, HIF-1 and VEGF as potential molecular target candidates in a clinically relevant immune competent NMIBC model. ..
- Möllerherm H, Meier K, Schmies K, Fuhrmann H, Naim H, von Köckritz Blickwede M, et al. Differentiation and Functionality of Bone Marrow-Derived Mast Cells Depend on Varying Physiologic Oxygen Conditions. Front Immunol. 2017;8:1665 pubmed publisher..These results show for the first time that physioxia substantially affect maturation and the properties of MCs and highlight the need to study their function under physiologically relevant oxygen conditions...
- Hakimi A, Ostrovnaya I, Reva B, Schultz N, Chen Y, Gonen M, et al. Adverse outcomes in clear cell renal cell carcinoma with mutations of 3p21 epigenetic regulators BAP1 and SETD2: a report by MSKCC and the KIRC TCGA research network. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:3259-67 pubmed publisherTo investigate the impact of newly identified chromosome 3p21 epigenetic tumor suppressors PBRM1, SETD2, and BAP1 on cancer-specific survival (CSS) of 609 patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) from 2 distinct cohorts...
- D Gama A, Pochareddy S, Li M, Jamuar S, Reiff R, Lam A, et al. Targeted DNA Sequencing from Autism Spectrum Disorder Brains Implicates Multiple Genetic Mechanisms. Neuron. 2015;88:910-917 pubmed publisher..028) compared to controls, with recurrent deleterious mutations in ARID1B, SCN1A, SCN2A, and SETD2, suggesting these mutations contribute to ASD risk...
- Fitzpatrick S, Fabian Z, Schaible B, Lenihan C, Schwarzl T, Rodriguez J, et al. Prolyl hydroxylase-1 regulates hepatocyte apoptosis in an NF-?B-dependent manner. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;474:579-586 pubmed publisher..This study provides new information relating to the possible mechanism of therapeutic action of hydroxylase inhibitors that has been reported in pre-clinical models of intestinal and hepatic disease. ..
- Semenza G. A compendium of proteins that interact with HIF-1?. Exp Cell Res. 2017;356:128-135 pubmed publisher..This review provides a compendium of proteins that interact with the HIF-1? subunit, many of which regulate HIF-1 activity in either an O2-dependent or O2-independent manner. ..
- Li L, Wang Y. Cross-talk between the H3K36me3 and H4K16ac histone epigenetic marks in DNA double-strand break repair. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11951-11959 pubmed publisher..was abolished in cells upon depletion of the histone methyltransferase gene SET-domain containing 2 (SETD2) and the ensuing loss of H3K36me3...
- Zheng W, IbÃ¡Ã±ez G, Wu H, Blum G, Zeng H, Dong A, et al. Sinefungin derivatives as inhibitors and structure probes of protein lysine methyltransferase SETD2. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:18004-14 pubmed publisher..In this work, we demonstrated the feasibility of such an approach by identifying the inhibitors of SETD2. N-propyl sinefungin (Pr-SNF) was shown to interact preferentially with SETD2 by matching the distinct transition-..
- Niu L, Pei D, Morris M, Jiao K, Huang X, Primus C, et al. Mineralogenic characteristics of osteogenic lineage-committed human dental pulp stem cells following their exposure to a discoloration-free calcium aluminosilicate cement. Dent Mater. 2016;32:1235-1247 pubmed publisher..The present study examined the effects of this experimental cement (Quick-Set2) on the mineralogenic characteristics of osteogenic lineage-committed human dental pulp stem cells (hDPSCs), by ..
- Manley B, Zabor E, Casuscelli J, Tennenbaum D, Redzematovic A, Becerra M, et al. Integration of Recurrent Somatic Mutations with Clinical Outcomes: A Pooled Analysis of 1049 Patients with Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. Eur Urol Focus. 2017;3:421-427 pubmed publisher..005) remained significant when SSIGN score was included. SETD2 mutations (q=0.047) were associated with decreased RFS in multivariable models, including models with SSIGN score...
- Gu Q, Wang Z, Sun X, Ji T, Huang H, Yang Y, et al. FvSet2 regulates fungal growth, pathogenicity, and secondary metabolism in Fusarium verticillioides. Fungal Genet Biol. 2017;107:24-30 pubmed publisher..However, the function of H3K36me in filamentous fungi is largely unknown. Set2 is the sole lysine histone methyltransferase (KHMTase) enzyme responsible for the methylation of H3K36 in ..
- Dobrynin G, McAllister T, Leszczynska K, Ramachandran S, Krieg A, Kawamura A, et al. KDM4A regulates HIF-1 levels through H3K9me3. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11094 pubmed publisher..This suggests that KDM4A can enhance the function of HIF-1? by increasing the total available protein to counteract any residual activity of prolyl hydroxylases. ..
- Cheung C, Anderson D, Brace R. Transport-associated pathway responses in ovine fetal membranes to changes in amniotic fluid dynamics. Physiol Rep. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..Further, our results are consistent with the concept that the amnion is the rate-limiting layer for amniotic fluid transport. ..
- Moon Y, Lee S, Park B, Park H. Distinct hypoxic regulation of preadipocyte factor-1 (Pref-1) in preadipocytes and mature adipocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2018;1865:334-342 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, long term (35weeks) HFD increased Pref-1 in serum but not in obese adipose tissues. This study suggests that Pref-1 is an endocrine factor which is synergistically increased by obesity and age. ..
- Shimoda L, Manalo D, Sham J, Semenza G, Sylvester J. Partial HIF-1alpha deficiency impairs pulmonary arterial myocyte electrophysiological responses to hypoxia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;281:L202-8 pubmed..Thus partial deficiency of HIF-1alpha is sufficient to impair hypoxia-induced depolarization, reduction of K+ current density, and PASMC hypertrophy...