Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SERCA2
Description: ATPase, Ca++ transporting, cardiac muscle, slow twitch 2
Alias: ATP2B, DAR, SERCA2, ATPase, Ca++ dependent, slow-twitch, cardiac muscle-2, SR Ca(2+)-ATPase 2, calcium pump 2, calcium-transporting ATPase sarcoplasmic reticulum type, slow twitch skeletal muscle isoform, cardiac Ca2+ ATPase, endoplasmic reticulum class 1/2 Ca(2+) ATPase, sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2
Publications176 found, 100 shown here
- Altered mRNA splicing of the skeletal muscle ryanodine receptor and sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase in myotonic dystrophy type 1Takashi Kimura
Division of Molecular Bioscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, PO Box 334, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 14:2189-200. 2005..In addition, a novel variant of SERCA2 was significantly decreased in DM1 patients...
- Modulation of B-cell endoplasmic reticulum calcium homeostasis by Epstein-Barr virus latent membrane protein-1Olivier Dellis
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Inserm UMR S 940, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, Universite Paris VII, Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hopital Lariboisiere, 16, Rue de la Grange aux Belles, 75010 Paris, France
Mol Cancer 8:59. 2009....
- The anti-apoptotic protein HAX-1 interacts with SERCA2 and regulates its protein levels to promote cell survivalElizabeth Vafiadaki
Molecular Biology Division, Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens, Greece
Mol Biol Cell 20:306-18. 2009..In the current study, we determined that HAX-1 can also bind to SERCA2. Deletion mapping analysis demonstrated that amino acid residues 575-594 of SERCA2's nucleotide binding domain are ..
- Up-regulation of transient receptor potential canonical 1 (TRPC1) following sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase 2 gene silencing promotes cell survival: a potential role for TRPC1 in Darier's diseaseBiswaranjan Pani
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58202, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:4446-58. 2006..Similar up-regulation of TRPC1 was also detected in epidermal layers of SERCA2+/- mice. HaCaT cells expressed TRPC1 in the plasma membrane...
- Modulation of endoplasmic reticulum calcium pump by Bcl-2T H Kuo
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Oncogene 17:1903-10. 1998..The steady state levels of SERCA2 mRNA and protein were both increased in Bcl-2 expression clones...
- Dissection of the functional differences between sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase (SERCA) 1 and 2 isoforms and characterization of Darier disease (SERCA2) mutants by steady-state and transient kinetic analysesLeonard Dode
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:47877-89. 2003..partial reactions of the Ca2+ transport cycle mediated by the human sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase 2 (SERCA2) isoforms, SERCA2a and SERCA2b, and 10 Darier disease (DD) mutants upon heterologous expression in HEK-293 cells...
- Mutations in ATP2A2, encoding a Ca2+ pump, cause Darier diseaseA Sakuntabhai
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
Nat Genet 21:271-7. 1999..mutations in the ATP2A2 gene, which encodes the sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2(+)-ATPase type 2 isoform (SERCA2) and is highly expressed in keratinocytes...
- The effects of the phenylalanine 256 to valine mutation on the sensitivity of sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase (SERCA) Ca2+ pump isoforms 1, 2, and 3 to thapsigargin and other inhibitorsLaura L Wootton
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:6970-6. 2006....
- Identification of a new SERCA2 splice variant regulated during monocytic differentiationPascal Gelebart
U 348 INSERM, IFR 6, Hopital Lariboisiere, 8, rue Guy Patin, 75010 Paris, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:676-84. 2003..We report that in addition to the ubiquitously expressed SERCA2b isoform, a new splice variant of SERCA2 can be detected (SERCA2c) that arises from the inclusion of a short intronic sequence located between exons 20 and ..
- The protein phosphatase-1/inhibitor-2 complex differentially regulates GSK3 dephosphorylation and increases sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2 levelsTaj D King
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, Sparks Center 1009, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, USA
Exp Cell Res 312:3693-700. 2006..GSK3 activity is known to affect sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2 (SERCA2) levels...
- Physical interactions between phospholamban and sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPases are dissociated by elevated Ca2+, but not by phospholamban phosphorylation, vanadate, or thapsigargin, and are enhanced by ATPM Asahi
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L6, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:15034-8. 2000....
- Ca2+ increase and Ca(2+)-influx in human tracheal smooth muscle cells: role of Ca2+ pools controlled by sarco-endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase 2 isoformY Amrani
INSERM U 425, , Illkirch, France
Br J Pharmacol 115:1204-10. 1995..4. Comparative western blotting of human TSMC membranes using anti-SERCA2 isoform-specific antibodies clearly showed the greater expression of the 100-kDa SERCA2-b isoform compared with ..
- Association between carriage of oral yeasts, malnutrition and HIV-1 infection among Tanzanian children aged 18 months to 5 yearsF Scheutz
Department of Oral Epidemiology and Public Health, Faculty of Health Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:193-8. 1997..The study was carried out in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, in two maternal and child health (MCH) clinics that offer routine medical checkups to all ..
- Dental caries in relation to diet, saliva and cariogenic microorganisms in Tanzanians of selected age groupsM C Mazengo
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Kuopio, Finland
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:169-74. 1996..A random sample of 12-, 35-44- and 65- to 74- year olds was drawn from Msongola (rural) and Ukombozi (urban), Dar-es-Salaam. The mean of two 24-h recalls was used for the assessment of food intake...
- Headache in a nonclinical population in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. A community-based studyW B Matuja
Neurology Clinic, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Headache 35:273-6. 1995..3 lost work days per year in comparison to a control group of 154 persons with an average of 5.7 lost work days per year for reasons other than headache (X2 P = 0.0005).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Darier disease, multiple bone cysts, and aniridia due to double de novo heterozygous mutations in ATP2A2 and PAX6Marco Castori
Experimental Medicine Department, Sapienza University of Rome, San Camillo Forlanini Hospital, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 149:1768-72. 2009..This finding suggests a role for ATP2A2 in bone biology. More systematic studies are expected in order to estimate the true prevalence of bone cysts in DD and the relationship between skeletal changes and ATP2A2 perturbation...
- Current clinical efficacy of chloroquine for the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum infections in urban Dar es Salaam, United Republic of TanzaniaZ Premji
Department of Parasitology Medical Entomology, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Bull World Health Organ 77:740-4. 1999..the efficacy of chloroquine in the treatment of uncomplicated malaria in young children (n = 200) in urban Dar es Salaam. Chloroquine failure was found in 43% of the children. Of these, 12...
- No indications for HPV involvement in the hypertrophic skin lesions of a Darier disease case without ATP2A2 gene mutationsCinzia Borgogna
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Medical School of Novara, University of Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro, Novara, Italy
J Cutan Pathol 36:1005-9. 2009..Haploinsufficiency of the ATP2A2 gene product, sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPase isoform 2 (SERCA2), is the underlying cause of most cases...
- Anti-diabetic drugs in the private and public sector in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaM Justin-Temu
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, P O Box 65013, Dares Salaam, Tanzania
East Afr Med J 86:110-4. 2009To compare availability, cost, affordability and sources of anti-diabetic drugs between private and public health facilities in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- A novel splice-site mutation of ATP2A2 gene in a Chinese family with Darier diseaseJia Huo
Department of Dermatology, The Second Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, 157 Xi Wu Road, Xi an, 710004 Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Arch Dermatol Res 302:769-72. 2010..of DD are defects in the ATP2A2 gene, which encodes the sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPase isoform 2 (SERCA2)...
- Assessment of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) flux pathways in cardiomyocytes from rabbits with infarct-induced left-ventricular dysfunctionPaul Neary
Department of Medical Cardiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Pflugers Arch 444:360-71. 2002..SR Ca(2+) flux rates associated with sarco-endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPase type 2 (SERCA2)-mediated uptake, ryanodine receptor type 2 (RyR2)-mediated Ca(2+) efflux and background SR Ca(2+) leak were ..
- Squamous cell tumors in mice heterozygous for a null allele of Atp2a2, encoding the sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase isoform 2 Ca2+ pumpL H Liu
Departments of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry and Microbiology and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Biol Chem 276:26737-40. 2001Mutations in the human ATP2A2 gene, encoding sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase isoform 2 (SERCA2), cause Darier disease, an autosomal dominant skin disease characterized by multiple keratotic papules in the seborrheic regions of ..
- Darier disease: a guide to the physicianAleksandar Godic
Department of Dermatovenereology, University Clinical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Med 35:5-17. 2004..It is caused by mutations of ATP2A2 gene, which encodes the sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase isoform 2 (SERCA2 protein)...
- Clinical and mutational heterogeneity of Darier disease in Tunisian familiesMbarka Bchetnia
Molecular Investigation of Genetic Orphan Diseases Research Unit and Department of Pathology, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia
Arch Dermatol 145:654-6. 2009..To study the mutation spectrum and phenotype-genotype correlation of Darier disease (DD) in Tunisian patients...
- New mutations of Darier disease in Tunisian patientsMbarka Bchetnia
Molecular Investigation of Genetic Orphan Diseases Research Unit, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, Pasteur, 1002 Tunis Belvedere, Tunisia
Arch Dermatol Res 301:615-9. 2009..Both pathogenic mutations are located in exon 13 of the ATP2A2 gene and affected the ATP-binding site of the SERCA2 protein...
- Cardiac hypertrophy and thyroid hormone signalingWolfgang Dillmann
University of California, San Diego, USA
Heart Fail Rev 15:125-32. 2010..with thyroid hormone promoting expression of the gene encoding the calcium pump of the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SERCa2). In contrast, in hypothyroid animals phospholamban levels, which inhibit the SERCa2 pump, are increased...
- Evaluation of the quality of amodiaquine and sulphadoxine/pyrimethamine tablets sold by private wholesale pharmacies in Dar Es Salaam TanzaniaO M S Minzi
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences MUCHS, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
J Clin Pharm Ther 28:117-22. 2003..The aim of this work was to assess the quality of SP and AQ tablets marketed by wholesale pharmacies in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- A monoclonal antibody to the Ca2+-ATPase of cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum cross-reacts with slow type I but not with fast type II canine skeletal muscle fibers: an immunocytochemical and immunochemical studyA O Jorgensen
Department of Anatomy, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 9:164-74. 1988....
- Food cravings, aversions and pica among pregnant women in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaC N M Nyaruhucha
Sokoine University of Agriculture, Department of Food Science and Technology, P O Box 3006, Morogoro, Tanzania
Tanzan J Health Res 11:29-34. 2009..aversions and pica during pregnancy among 204 pregnant and lactating women attending two health facilities in Dar es Salaam City, Tanzania. Nausea and vomiting were reported by 82.8% of all women of which 43...
- Consequences of depleted SERCA2-gated calcium stores in the skinEliane J Muller
Vetsuisse Faculty, Institute of Animal Pathology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Invest Dermatol 126:721-31. 2006Sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase isoform 2 (SERCA2) pumps belong to the family of Ca2+-ATPases responsible for the maintenance of calcium in the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Interplay of RNA elements in the dengue virus 5' and 3' ends required for viral RNA replicationPeter Friebe
Division of Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 1 Barker Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 7354, USA
J Virol 84:6103-18. 2010..This new sequence is located downstream of the AUG, designated the 5' downstream AUG region (5' DAR); the motif predicted to be complementary in the 3' end is termed the 3' DAR...
- Nature of gram-negative rod antibiotic resistance during antibiotic rotationHeather L Evans
Surgical Infectious Disease Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, UVA Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 1380, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 6:223-31. 2005..The aim of this study was to characterize the evolution of gram-negative antibiotic resistance during a study of empiric antibiotic rotation...
- A new tent trap for sampling exophagic and endophagic members of the Anopheles gambiae complexNicodemus J Govella
Ifakara Health Institute, Coordination Office, Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Malar J 8:157. 2009Mosquito sampling methods are essential for monitoring and evaluating malaria vector control interventions. In urban Dar es Salaam, human landing catch (HLC) is the only method sufficiently sensitive for monitoring malaria-transmitting ..
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 through breastfeeding by treating mothers with triple antiretroviral therapy in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: the Mitra Plus studyCharles Kilewo
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 52:406-16. 2009..The main aim of this study was to reduce breast-milk transmission of HIV-1 by treating HIV-1-infected women with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) during breastfeeding...
- Optimal blood mononuclear cell isolation procedures for gamma interferon enzyme-linked immunospot testing of healthy Swedish and Tanzanian subjectsC Nilsson
Dept of Immunology and Vaccinology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control and Karolinska Institute, 171 82 Solna, Sweden
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:585-9. 2008..to find the cell preparation technique best suited for two clinical vaccine trial sites: Stockholm, Sweden, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania...
- Community response to artemisinin-based combination therapy for childhood malaria: a case study from Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaVinay R Kamat
Department of Anthropology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Malar J 9:61. 2010..The paper specifically examines the perceived efficacy of ALu as articulated by the mothers of young children diagnosed with malaria and prescribed ALu...
- Sarco/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase-2 expression is regulated by ATF6 during the endoplasmic reticulum stress response: intracellular signaling of calcium stress in a cardiac myocyte model systemD J Thuerauf
Heart Institute and the Department of Biology, San Diego State University, San Diego, California 92182, USA
J Biol Chem 276:48309-17. 2001..the hypothesis that ATF6 serves as a regulator of the expression of sarco/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase-2 (SERCA2), a protein that transports calcium into the SR from the cytoplasm...
- Maternal and neonatal colonisation of group B streptococcus at Muhimbili National Hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: prevalence, risk factors and antimicrobial resistanceAgricola Joachim
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
BMC Public Health 9:437. 2009..This study was conducted in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania to determine the prevalence of GBS colonisation among pregnant women, the neonatal colonisation ..
- The presence of Lys27 instead of Asn27 in human phospholamban promotes sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase superinhibition and cardiac remodelingWen Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0575, USA
Circulation 113:995-1004. 2006Phospholamban (PLN) is an inhibitor of the Ca2+ affinity of sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) Ca2+-ATPase (SERCA2)...
- Protein kinase C mediates phosphorylation, desensitization, and trafficking of the D2 dopamine receptorYoon Namkung
Molecular Neuropharmacology Section, NINDS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1406, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49533-41. 2004..protein kinase A (PKA) and protein kinase C (PKC), to mediate phosphorylation and desensitization of the D2 DAR. HEK293T cells were transiently transfected with the D2 DAR and then treated with intracellular activators and ..
- Adolescent girls with illegally induced abortion in Dar es Salaam: the discrepancy between sexual behaviour and lack of access to contraceptionV Rasch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Odense University Hospital, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Reprod Health Matters 8:52-62. 2000This article reports on a study of induced abortion among adolescent girls in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, who were admitted to a district hospital in Dar es Salaam because of an illegally induced abortion in 1997...
- Causes, magnitude and management of burns in under-fives in district hospitals in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaM Justin-Temu
Dept of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, MUHAS
East Afr J Public Health 5:38-42. 2008To determine the causes, magnitude and management of burns in children under five years of age who were admitted in the district hospitals of Dar es Salaam City, Tanzania.
- Late postnatal transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection from mothers to infants in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaK Karlsson
Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm
Pediatr Infect Dis J 16:963-7. 1997To study late postnatal transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in a cohort of children born to HIV-1-seropositive mothers who delivered at Muhimbili Medical Centre in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Influences of increased expression of the Ca2+ ATPase of the sarcoplasmic reticulum by a transgenic approach on cardiac contractilityW H Dillmann
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego 92093 0618, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 853:43-8. 1998..The Ca2+ ATPase of the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SERCA2) contributes in an important manner to diastolic Ca2+ lowering and relaxation of the heart...
- Autoreceptor mechanism regulating carotid body dopamine release from adult and 10-day-old rabbitsA Bairam
Unité de Recherche en Périnatologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, PQ, Canada
Respir Physiol 120:27-34. 2000..We tested the hypothesis that CB DAr is autoregulated in a concentration and age dependent manner. Using an in vitro CB infusion model [Bairam, A...
- Evaluation of simple rapid HIV assays and development of national rapid HIV test algorithms in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaEligius F Lyamuya
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Muhimbilli University of Health and Allied Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
BMC Infect Dis 9:19. 2009....
- Cardiac dysfunction occurs in the HIV-1 transgenic mouse treated with zidovudineW Lewis
Department of Pathology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Lab Invest 80:187-97. 2000..echocardiographic studies were performed and abundance of mRNA for cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase (SERCA2), sodium calcium exchanger (NCX1), and atrial natriuretic factor were determined individually using Northern ..
- Knowledge of mosquitos in relation to public and domestic control activities in the cities of Dar es Salaam and TangaC Stephens
Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, England
Bull World Health Organ 73:97-104. 1995A study of community awareness of mosquitos and related subjects in the residential areas of two Tanzanian cities (Dar es Salaam and Tanga) showed that residents were well aware of mosquitos...
- [Effects of valsartan on sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium adenosine triphosphatase, protein kinase A and protein phosphatase 1 alpha in a rabbit model of heart failure]Fu Zheng Qu
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, Suzhou 215006, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 36:790-3. 2008To investigate the effects of valsartan on expressions of myocardial sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium adenosine triphosphatase (SERCA2), protein kinase A (PKA) and protein phosphatase 1 alpha (PP1alpha) in a rabbit model of heart failure.
- Defining how aging Pseudotsuga and Abies compensate for multiple stresses through multi-criteria assessment of a functional-structural modelMaureen C Kennedy
University of Washington, Quantitative Ecology and Resource Management, Seattle, WA 98195 2100, USA
Tree Physiol 30:3-22. 2010..The model for branch development that we use simulates the process of delayed adaptive reiteration (DAR), whereby new foliage grows from suppressed buds within the established branch structure...
- Localization of intracellular Ca2+ stores in HeLa cells during infection with Chlamydia trachomatisM Majeed
Divisions of Medical Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
J Cell Sci 112:35-44. 1999..type-1 inositol-1,4, 5-trisphosphate receptor (IP3-R), and Sarcoplasmic/Endoplasmic Reticulum Ca2+ ATPase type 2 (SERCA2) in HeLa cells infected with C. trachomatis serovar L2...
- Myocardial gene expression alterations in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyJoanna E Kontaraki
Molecular Cardiology Laboratory, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Eur J Heart Fail 12:541-8. 2010..To assess cardiac gene expression in peripheral blood cells of patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (IDCM) and its relationship to echocardiographic left ventricular (LV) function...
- Dropouts in a long-term follow-up study involving voluntary counseling and HIV testing: experience from a cohort of police officers in Dar Es Salaam, TanzaniaF Mugusi
Muhimbili Medical Centre, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 30:119-23. 2002..In studies with long-term follow-up, reasons for nonresponse may provide invaluable information that may be gathered through continued contact with study subjects who have withdrawn from the study...
- HIV/AIDS and injection drug use in the neighborhoods of Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaSheryl A McCurdy
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, WHO Center for Health Promotion and Prevention Research, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 82:S23-7. 2006..practices and HIV recovered from used syringes collected from 73 heroin injection drug users (IDUs) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, between October 2003 and January 2004...
- Urinary schistosomiasis in schoolchildren in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, and the factors influencing its transmissionR Ndyomugyenyi
Ministry of Health, Vector Borne Diseases, P O Box 1661, Kampala, Uganda
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:697-706. 2001..urinary schistosomiasis among the schoolchildren living in Kigogo administrative ward of the Kinondoni district of Dar-es-Salaam city, Tanzania, and the factors influencing the transmission of the causative agent, Schistosoma ..
- The Diels-Alder-reaction with inverse-electron-demand, a very efficient versatile click-reaction concept for proper ligation of variable molecular partnersManfred Wiessler
German Cancer Research Center, Dept of Imaging and Radiooncology, INF 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Med Sci 7:19-28. 2009..The Diels-Alder ligation Reaction with inverse electron demand (DAR(inv)) turns out to be an appropriate candidate...
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV-1 through breast-feeding by treating infants prophylactically with lamivudine in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: the Mitra StudyCharles Kilewo
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 48:315-23. 2008..To investigate the possibility of reducing mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) of HIV-1 through breast-feeding by prophylactic antiretroviral (ARV) treatment of the infant during the breast-feeding period...
- Adenovirus-mediated gene transfer reconstitutes depressed sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase levels and shortens prolonged cardiac myocyte Ca2+ transientsF J Giordano
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego in La Jolla, USA
Circulation 96:400-3. 1997Decreased expression of the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) Ca2+-ATPase of the cardiac myocyte (SERCA2) and abnormal Ca2+ regulation have been independently linked to human heart failure...
- Mimicking a semi-arid tropical environment achieves dormancy alleviation for seeds of Australian native Goodeniaceae and AsteraceaeG L Hoyle
Integrated Seed Research Unit, School of Land, Crop and Food Sciences, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Ann Bot 101:701-8. 2008..It was hypothesised that optimum dormancy-alleviating treatments would reflect environmental conditions that seeds experience in situ, and this premise was tested for PD seeds of four species native to south-west Qld...
- Organic liquids storage tanks volatile organic compounds (VOCS) emissions dispersion and risk assessment in developing countries: the case of Dar-es-Salaam City, TanzaniaMsafiri M Jackson
Department of Environmental Engineering, University College of Lands and Architectural Studies, P O Box 35176, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Environ Monit Assess 116:363-82. 2006..emission estimation of nine volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from eight organic liquids storage tanks companies in Dar-es-Salaam City Tanzania has been done by using US EPA standard regulatory storage tanks emission model (TANKS 4.9b)...
- Mechanism of doxorubicin-induced inhibition of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase gene transcriptionM Arai
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gunma University School of Medicine, Gunma, Japan
Circ Res 86:8-14. 2000..We have recently demonstrated that expression of mRNA encoding sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase 2 (SERCA2), a major Ca(2+) transport protein in SR, is markedly decreased in DOX-treated hearts...
- Constraints on good child-care practices and nutritional status in urban Dar-es-Salaam, TanzaniaKissa B M Kulwa
Department of Food Science and Technology, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
Food Nutr Bull 27:236-44. 2006..Although significant gains have been made in the fight against malnutrition in Tanzania, the nutritional status of preschool children in urban areas is not improving...
- Heroin and HIV risk in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: youth hangouts, mageto and injecting practicesS A McCurdy
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston School of Public Health, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AIDS Care 17:S65-76. 2005..during the months of February and July 2003 with 51 male and female injectors residing in 8 neighbourhoods in the Dar es Salaam, Tanzania...
- Urban-rural contrasts in explanatory models and treatment-seeking behaviours for stroke in TanzaniaG Mshana
National Institute for Medical Research, Mwanza, Tanzania
J Biosoc Sci 40:35-52. 2008..project on stroke incidence, focuses on local understandings and treatment-seeking behaviours in urban (Dar-es-Salaam) and rural (Hai) areas of Tanzania...
- Impaired cardiac performance in heterozygous mice with a null mutation in the sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase isoform 2 (SERCA2) geneM Periasamy
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0524, USA
J Biol Chem 274:2556-62. 1999The sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase isoform 2 (SERCA2) gene encodes both SERCA2a, the cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ pump, and SERCA2b, which is expressed in all tissues...
- Roadside concentration of gaseous and particulate matter pollutants and risk assessment in Dar-es-Salaam, TanzaniaMsafiri M Jackson
Department of Environmental Engineering, University College of Lands and Architectural Studies, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania tz
Environ Monit Assess 104:385-407. 2005This study used manual air sampling method to assess the contribution of road traffic to air pollution level in Dar-es-Salaam City, Tanzania. Samples were collected from 11 different sites...
- Occlusion among a group of Tanzanian urban schoolchildrenH Kerosuo
Division of Dentistry, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 16:306-9. 1988Occlusion and its variations were studied in a group of primary schoolchildren (n = 642, age 11-18 yr) in Dar es Salaam. Most children (96%) had Angle's Class I occlusion...
- Defining the contribution of select neuropeptides and their receptors in regulating sesquiterpenoid biosynthesis by Drosophila melanogaster ring gland/corpus allatum through RNAi analysisChristine Wang
Department of Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada K7L 3N6
Gen Comp Endocrinol 176:347-53. 2012..an inducible UAS-RNAi construct made to either PheGlyLeu-NH(2)-allatostatin (FGLa/AST) and its cognate receptors Dar-1 and Dar-2 or PISCF-allatostatin (PISCF/AST) or its cognate receptors Drostar-1 or Drostar-2 were expressed in ..
- Maintenance of Sensitivity of the T-SPOT.TB Assay after Overnight Storage of Blood Samples, Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaElizabeth A Talbot
Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Tuberc Res Treat 2012:345290. 2012..Design. Consecutive AFB smear positive adult tuberculosis patients were prospectively recruited in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania...
- Expression of SERCA and phospholamban in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) heart: comparison of atrial and ventricular tissue and effects of thermal acclimationHanna Korajoki
University of Eastern Finland, Department of Biology, Joensuu, Finland
J Exp Biol 215:1162-9. 2012..Quantitative PCR (SERCA only) and antibodies raised against SERCA and PLN were used to determine abundances of SERCA2 transcripts and SERCA and PLN proteins, respectively, in atrium and ventricle of trout acclimated to cold (+4°C, ..
- SERCA2-controlled Ca²+-dependent keratinocyte adhesion and differentiation is mediated via the sphingolipid pathway: a therapeutic target for Darier's diseaseAnna Celli
Department of Dermatology, San Francisco Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121 1545, USA
J Invest Dermatol 132:1188-95. 2012..levels increase and sphingosine kinase (SPHK1) expression decreases after inactivating SERCA2b with the specific SERCA2 inhibitors thapsigargin (TG) or small interfering RNA to SERCA2b...
- Prevalence and antimicrobial resistance profiles of Salmonella enterica serovars isolated from slaughtered cattle in Bahir Dar, EthiopiaSefinew Alemu
Department of Clinical Medicine and Epidemiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Gondar, Gondar, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 44:595-600. 2012..and carcass swab samples (each n = 186) were collected from 186 apparently healthy slaughtered cattle at Bahir Dar abattoir...
- Moderate heart dysfunction in mice with inducible cardiomyocyte-specific excision of the Serca2 geneKristin Brevik Andersson
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Ullevaal University Hospital, 0407 Oslo, Norway
J Mol Cell Cardiol 47:180-7. 2009The sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2 (SERCA2) transports Ca(2+) from cytosol into the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) of cardiomyocytes, thereby maintaining the store of releasable Ca(2+) necessary for contraction...
- Mice carrying a conditional Serca2(flox) allele for the generation of Ca(2+) handling-deficient mouse modelsKristin B Andersson
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Oslo University Hospital Ullevaal, Norway
Cell Calcium 46:219-25. 2009..b>Serca2 is the most widely expressed gene family member...
- A tool box for operational mosquito larval control: preliminary results and early lessons from the Urban Malaria Control Programme in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaUlrike Fillinger
Durham University, School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, South Road, Durham DH13LE, UK
Malar J 7:20. 2008..As the population of Africa rapidly urbanizes, large populations could be protected from malaria by controlling aquatic stages of mosquitoes if cost-effective and scalable implementation systems can be designed...
- Etiology of genital ulcer disease and association with human immunodeficiency virus infection in two tanzanian citiesHinda J Ahmed
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Sex Transm Dis 30:114-9. 2003..GUD increases the risk of infection with HIV. However, the association between specific GUD infections and HIV infection has not been fully investigated...
- ATP2A2 mutations in Darier's disease and their relationship to neuropsychiatric phenotypesN J Jacobsen
Neuropsychiatric Genetics Unit, Division of Psychological Medicine, Tenovus Building, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Hum Mol Genet 8:1631-6. 1999..This gene encodes the sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium-pumping ATPase SERCA2, which has a central role in intra-cellular calcium signalling...
- Characterization of calumenin-SERCA2 interaction in mouse cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulumSanjaya Kumar Sahoo
Department of Life Science and Systems Biology Research Center, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju 500 712, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:31109-21. 2009..Recently, we showed evidence that calumenin interacts with SERCA2 in rat cardiac SR (Sahoo, S. K., and Kim, D. H. (2008) Mol. Cells 26, 265-269)...
- The endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-pump SERCA2b interacts with G protein-coupled receptors and enhances their expression at the cell surfaceJussi T Tuusa
Biocenter Oulu and Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FI 90014, Oulu, Finland
J Mol Biol 371:622-38. 2007..Thus, we propose that the association with SERCA2b is required for efficient folding and/or membrane integration of G protein-coupled receptors...
- Elevated Ca2+ ATPase (SERCA2) activity in tuna hearts: comparative aspects of temperature dependencePedro C Castilho
Tuna Research and Conservation Center, Hopkins Marine Station, Stanford University, Pacific Grove, California 93950, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 148:124-32. 2007..The cardiac SR Ca2+-ATPase (SERCA2) plays a major role during cardiac excitation-contraction (E-C) coupling...
- Regulation of the sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA) 2 gene transcript in neuronal cellsF Baba-Aissa
Laboratorium voor Fysiologie, KULeuven, Belgium
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 55:92-100. 1998The sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-transport ATPase (SERCA2) pre-mRNA is alternatively processed in a tissue-specific manner. At its 3' end, two 5' splice donor sites compete for the same 3' acceptor splice site (3'A)...
- Informal urban settlements and cholera risk in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaKatherine Penrose
Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e631. 2010..To begin to address this deficiency, we analyzed urban environmental data and the burden of cholera in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Abrupt changes in FKBP12.6 and SERCA2a expression contribute to sudden occurrence of ventricular fibrillation on reperfusion and are prevented by CPU86017Tao Na
Research Division of Pharmacology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 28:773-82. 2007..L), suppressed VF by correcting the molecular changes on reperfusion...
- A724A polymorphism of sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase 2 (SERCA2) in hypertensive patientsBeata Kiec-Wilk
Clinical Biochemistry Department, Medical College Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:467-70. 2007Impaired function of calcium ion transporter sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase2 (SERCA2), encoded by ATP2A2 gene, was observed in hypertension...
- Multiple alterations in Ca2+ handling determine the negative staircase in a cellular heart failure modelJulieta Palomeque
Centro de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, La Plata 1900, Argentina
J Card Fail 13:143-54. 2007..Either decreases in SERCA2a expression, increases in Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger (NCX) expression or elevated Na(+)(i) have been independently proposed as mediators of the negative FFR...
- Personal protection against mosquitoes in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, by using a kerosene oil lamp to vaporize transfluthrinH V Pates
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Med Vet Entomol 16:277-84. 2002..protection against Culex quinquefasciatus Say and other mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae) was investigated in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania...
- Optic neuropathy endemic in secondary school children in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaR J C Bowman
CCBRT Disability Hospital, PO Box 23310, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Br J Ophthalmol 94:146-9. 2010To investigate the prevalence and causes of optic neuropathy, reported as epidemic in 1997, among secondary school students in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Platelet and cardiac function in Darier's diseaseS Tavadia
Department of Dermatology, Royal Infirmary, Castle Street, Glasgow G4 OSF, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 26:696-9. 2001ATP2A2, the gene that is abnormal in Darier's disease, encodes SERCA2, a calcium pump that is expressed in many tissues. The wide expression of SERCA2 might suggest that ATP2A2 mutations would cause a multisystem disease...
- Pharmacological characterization of 2-methoxy-N-propylnorapomorphine's interactions with D2 and D3 dopamine receptorsMette Skinbjerg
Molecular Neuropharmacology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 9405, USA
Synapse 63:462-75. 2009..was found to robustly inhibit forskolin-stimulated cAMP accumulation to the same extent as dopamine in D(2) or D(3) DAR-transfected cells, indicating that it is a full agonist at both receptors...
- Distribution of blood pressure, body mass index and smoking habits in the urban population of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and associations with socioeconomic statusPascal Bovet
University Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Epidemiol 31:240-7. 2002..To estimate the distribution of blood pressure (BP), body mass index (BMI), smoking habits and their associations with socioeconomic status (SES) in an urban population in early epidemiological transition...
- Prevalence of teeth with untreated dental trauma among nursery and primary school pupils in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaF K Kahabuka
Faculty of Dentistry, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Dent Traumatol 17:109-13. 2001..study was to investigate the prevalence of teeth with untreated dental trauma among children aged 4-15 years in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania...
- Hydatidosis of slaughtered animals in Bahir Dar Abattoir, Northwestern EthiopiaNigatu Kebede
Aklilu Lemma Institute of Pathobiology, Addis Ababa University, P O Box 56478, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:43-50. 2009The study was conducted from May 2005 to December 2006 in Bahir Dar Abattoir to assess the current status of hydatidosis in cattle and sheep. Hydatid cyst count and characterization were conducted based on routine meat inspection...
- Cardiovascular risk factors in Tanzania: a revisitM Njelekela
Department of Life Science, Environmental Conservation and Development, Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Yoshida nihonmatsu cho, Sakyo ku, 606 8501, Kyoto, Japan
Acta Trop 79:231-9. 2001..The survey was carried out in Dar es Salaam (D, urban), Handeni (H, rural) and Monduli (Mo, semi-nomadic area)...
- Molecular cloning of cDNAs from human kidney coding for two alternatively spliced products of the cardiac Ca2+-ATPase geneJ Lytton
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, C H Best Institute, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 263:15024-31. 1988..The exons which give rise to the alternatively spliced products were located by Southern blotting and sequencing, and the alternative splicing patterns were determined...
- Plasticity and adaptation of Ca2+ signaling and Ca2+-dependent exocytosis in SERCA2(+/-) miceX S Zhao
Department of Physiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
EMBO J 20:2680-9. 2001Darier's disease (DD) is a high penetrance, autosomal dominant mutation in the ATP2A2 gene, which encodes the SERCA2 Ca2+ pump...
- Gene remodeling in type 2 diabetic cardiomyopathy and its phenotypic rescue with SERCA2aIoannis Karakikes
Cardiovascular Research Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6474. 2009..We aimed to investigate the changes in gene expression profiles accompanying diabetes-induced cardiomyopathy and its phenotypic rescue by restoration of SERCA2a expression...
- Assessing acceptability of parents/guardians of adolescents towards introduction of sex and reproductive health education in schools at Kinondoni Municipal in Dar es Salaam cityLumuli Mbonile
School of Medicine, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences MUHAS, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
East Afr J Public Health 5:26-31. 2008..To assess acceptability of parents/guardians of adolescents towards the introduction of sex and reproductive health education in the community and schools...
- Oral health status of handicapped primary school pupils in Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaE N M Simon
Department of Oral Surgery and Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences, P O Box 65014, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
East Afr Med J 85:113-7. 2008..Determination of their oral health status could help in planning sustainable intervention programmes for this disadvantaged group...
- Exclusion of the Darier's disease gene, ATP2A2, as a common susceptibility gene for bipolar disorderN J Jacobsen
Neuropsychiatric Genetics Unit, Division of Psychological Medicine, Tenovus Building, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Mol Psychiatry 6:92-7. 2001..In this study we have investigated the Darier's disease gene ATP2A2, the calcium pumping ATPase SERCA2, as a potential susceptibility gene for bipolar disorder under the hypothesis that variations in SERCA2 have ..
- [Reduced expression of the sarcoplasmic calcium pump SERCA2 in skeletal muscle from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and low body weight]Montse Morla
Institut Universitari d Investigacio en Ciencies de la Salut IUNICS, Palma de Mallorca, Baleares, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 43:4-8. 2007..concentrations and extent of nitration of sarcoplasmic-endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) adenosine triphosphatase 2 (SERCA2) in biopsies of the quadriceps femoris from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) who have ..
Research Grants117 found, 100 shown here
- Malaria in Pregnancy: Nutrition and Immunologic EffectsWafaie W Fawzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..out by Harvard School of Public Health in collaboration with Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania...
- Effects of protein-calorie supplementation on HIV disease in breastfeeding womenC von Reyn; Fiscal Year: 2009..of Health and Allied Sciences in Tanzania we will conduct 3 nutritional studies among HIV-infected women in Dar es Salaam...
- Effects of protein-calorie supplementation on HIV disease in breastfeeding womenC Fordham von Reyn; Fiscal Year: 2010..of Health and Allied Sciences in Tanzania we will conduct 3 nutritional studies among HIV-infected women in Dar es Salaam...
- Partnership on Nutrition and HIV/AIDS Research in Tanza*Wafaie Fawzi; Fiscal Year: 2006..The program will be carried out as a collaborative effort between Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania and the Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA.
- Harvard Tanzania HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials UnitWafaie Fawzi; Fiscal Year: 2007..partners at two Clinical Research Sites (CRS), namely Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS) in Dar es Salaam and Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Center (KCMC) in Moshi...
- NUTRITION, IMMUNOLOGY, AND EPIDEMIOLOGY OF TBWafaie Fawzi; Fiscal Year: 2004..e. for a total of 20 months). Consenting subjects who present to 2 TB clinics in Dar es Salaam seeking care for respiratory illness will be screened for TB and HIV infection and invited to participate ..
- Feasibility study of LGG in HIV-exposed, breastfeeding infants in Tanzania.Ruth Connor; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will be conducted in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in collaboration with Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences...
- HIV PREVENTION TRIALS UNITWafaie Fawzi; Fiscal Year: 2004Harvard University (Boston, MA) and Muhmbili University (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania) have been involved in collaborative research for over 2 decades...
- Four-Arm RCT of Brief MI vs. Couples-Based HIV/STI Prevention in South AfricaWilliam W Latimer; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, recent studies suggest that the estimated prevalence of 12,000 injection drug users is rapidly ..
- DISSEMINATED TUBERCULOSIS IN HIV INFECTIONC von Reyn; Fiscal Year: 2007..We established laboratories and clinical facilities in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, trained study personnel and developed referral relationships with 22 HIV testing centers...
- Tanzania Injection Drug Use/HIV Prevention ProjectMark Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..TAPP builds on research we have been conducting for the past two years in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania...
- The effect of ART on sexual risk behavior in Chennai, IndiaCaitlin Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study examines the effect of ART on sexual risk behavior among HIV-positive individuals in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania...
- Cardiac Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Calcium Cycling ProteinsEvangelia G Kranias; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our previous studies showed that dephosphorylated phospholamban inhibits the SERCA2 Ca-affinity and it represents a fundamental "brake" mechanism in SR Ca-cycling and cardiac contractility...
- Calcium Handling in Cardiac PathophysiologyEvangelia Kranias; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our previous studies showed that phospholamban interacts with SERCA2 and inhibits its Ca-affinity, representing a fundamental "brake" in SR Ca-cycling and cardiac contractility...
- Calcium Handling in Cardiac PathophysiologyEvangelia G Kranias; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our previous studies showed that phospholamban interacts with SERCA2 and inhibits its Ca-affinity, representing a fundamental "brake" in SR Ca-cycling and cardiac contractility...
- Abnormal Intracellular Calcium Release in Heart FailureSandor Gyorke; Fiscal Year: 2010..questions that will be addressed in this research proposal include: 1) What are the relative roles of altered SERCA2-mediated uptake, reduced NCX removal and enhanced SR Ca leak in altered Ca handling;2) Can the defective Ca ..
- Abnormal Intracellular Calcium Release in Heart FailureSandor Gyorke; Fiscal Year: 2009..questions that will be addressed in this research proposal include: 1) What are the relative roles of altered SERCA2-mediated uptake, reduced NCX removal and enhanced SR Ca leak in altered Ca handling; 2) Can the defective Ca ..
- Prolactin as a Growth Factor in Breast CancerNira Ben Jonathan; Fiscal Year: 2010..We discovered expression of dopamine receptors (DAR) in breast tissue, adipocytes and BCC...
- Abnormal Intracellular Calcium Release in Heart FailureSandor Gyorke; Fiscal Year: 2007..questions that will be addressed in this research proposal include: 1) What are the relative roles of altered SERCA2-mediated uptake, reduced NCX removal and enhanced SR Ca leak in altered Ca handling; 2) Can the defective Ca ..
- Dynamic and Static Autoregulation Impairment in the Optic Nerve Head of GlaucomaLin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the normal ONH initiated by an ocular perfusion pressure change contains two phases: an initial dynamic phase (dAR) when vascular smooth muscles dilate and contract to adjust the vascular resistance in an attempt to return blood ..
- Central and Peripheral Elements of Respiratory Pattern FormationDONALD R MC CRIMMON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Three Specific Aims will be addressed. In Aim 1 the axonal projections of the different types of SAR and DAR NTS relay neurons will be comprehensively surveyed using anterograde labeling of small groups of NTS cells combined ..
- Central and Peripheral Elements of Respiratory Pattern FormationDONALD MC CRIMMON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Three Specific Aims will be addressed. In Aim 1 the axonal projections of the different types of SAR and DAR NTS relay neurons will be comprehensively surveyed using anterograde labeling of small groups of NTS cells combined ..
- Thyroid Hormone Receptor Function in Cardiac HypertrophyKaie Ojamaa; Fiscal Year: 2006..binding isoform, TR alpha 2,has the unique ability to repress T3-inducible transcription of cardiac alpha-MHC and SERCA2 genes...
- Oxidative Stress in Myocardial Remodeling and FailureWilson S Colucci; Fiscal Year: 2010..contractile dysfunction, which is due in part to reduced activity of sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2 (SERCA2)...
- Oxidative Stress in Myocardial Remodeling and FailureWilson Colucci; Fiscal Year: 2009..contractile dysfunction, which is due in part to reduced activity of sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2 (SERCA2)...
- DIABETIC CARDIOMYOPATHY AND CALCIUM FLUXWolfgang Dillmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..handling and explore mechanisms leading to decreased levels of the calcium ATPase of the sarcoplasmic reticulum (SERCA2) and changes in the ryanodine receptors (RyR2)...
- Redox Regulation of SERCA by Nitric OxideRichard A Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2010..SERCA C674, 2) a sequence-specific antibody that recognizes irreversibly oxidized SERCA C674, and 3) heterozygote SERCA2 C674S knock-in (SKI+/-) mice that preliminary studies show have abnormal 7NO-stimulated SERCA activity and ..
- TRANSGENIC MODELS OF RESPIRATORY CONTROLDavid Millhorn; Fiscal Year: 2002..We further hypothesize that calcium pumps (SERCA2, SERCA3 and PMCA2) play a major role in regulating the level of cytosolic Ca2+ during hypoxia...
- Cardiac Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Calcium Cycling ProteinsEvangelia Kranias; Fiscal Year: 2007..The main SR proteins responsible for these functions are: the Ca-transport ATPase (SERCA2) with its regulator phospholamban (PLN); the Ca-storage proteins, calsequestrin and a histidine rich Ca-binding ..
- Cardiac Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Calcium Cycling ProteinsEvangelia Kranias; Fiscal Year: 2009..The main SR proteins responsible for these functions are: the Ca-transport ATPase (SERCA2) with its regulator phospholamban (PLN); the Ca-storage proteins, calsequestrin and a histidine rich Ca-binding ..
- Kinases-mediated SUMOylation in Diabetic CardiomyopathyJay Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..p90RSK activation and subsequent ERK5-SUMOylation in PDE3A-ICER feedback loop-mediated apoptosis and inhibition of SERCA2 and 21-adrenergic receptor expression in vitro, and we will investigate the functional significance of the ..