Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEPT8
Description: septin 8
Alias: SEP2, septin-8
- Wang X, Gao D, Sun J, Liu M, Lun Y, Zheng J, et al. An exon skipping in a SEPALLATA-Like gene is associated with perturbed floral and fruits development in cucumber. J Integr Plant Biol. 2016;58:766-71 pubmed publisher..Csa4G126690 shows high homology to Arabidopsis SEPALLATA2 (SEP2) thus being designated CsSEP2...
- Brock G, Montorsi F, Costa P, Shah N, Martínez Jabaloyas J, Hammerer P, et al. Effect of Tadalafil Once Daily on Penile Length Loss and Morning Erections in Patients After Bilateral Nerve-sparing Radical Prostatectomy: Results From a Randomized Controlled Trial. Urology. 2015;85:1090-1096 pubmed publisher..Penile tumescence (SEP1) and ability for vaginal insertion (SEP2) significantly improved vs placebo at the end of double-blind and open-label treatment for patients randomized to ..
- Cui Y, Liu X, Shi L, Gao Z. Efficacy and safety of phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors in treating erectile dysfunction after bilateral nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy. Andrologia. 2016;48:20-8 pubmed publisher..04, 95% confidence interval (CI) = 2.87-5.22, P < 0.00001]; successful vaginal penetration (SEP2) [the odds ratio (OR) = 14.87, 95%CI = 4.57-48.37, P < 0...
- Bai W, Li H, Dai Y, He X, Huang Y, Liu J, et al. An open-label, multicenter, randomized, crossover study comparing sildenafil citrate and tadalafil for treating erectile dysfunction in Chinese men naÃ¯ve to phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor therapy. Asian J Androl. 2015;17:61-7 pubmed publisher..3%) strongly the preferred sildenafil. The SEP2 (penetration), SEP3 (successful intercourse), and IIEF-EF domain scores were improved in both tadalafil and ..
- Akhmetova K, Balasov M, Huijbregts R, Chesnokov I. Functional insight into the role of Orc6 in septin complex filament formation in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:15-28 pubmed publisher..Drosophila septin complex functions depend on the intact GTP-binding and/or hydrolysis domains of Pnut, Sep1, and Sep2. The presence of the functional C-terminal domain of septins is required for the integrity of the complex...
- Adam J, Pringle J, Peifer M. Evidence for functional differentiation among Drosophila septins in cytokinesis and cellularization. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3123-35 pubmed..septins showed that Sep1 was not detectable at the cellularization front in the Pnut-deficient embryos, whereas Sep2 was still present in normal levels...
- Chahwan R, Gravel S, Matsusaka T, Jackson S. Dma/RNF8 proteins are evolutionarily conserved E3 ubiquitin ligases that target septins. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1000-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal evolutionary and functional conservation of Dma proteins, and suggest that RNF8 maintains genome stability through independent, yet analogous, nuclear and cytoplasmic ubiquitylation activities. ..
- Frazer K, Ueda Y, Zhu Y, Gifford V, Garofalo M, Mohandas N, et al. Computational and biological analysis of 680 kb of DNA sequence from the human 5q31 cytokine gene cluster region. Genome Res. 1997;7:495-512 pubmed
- Steels J, Estey M, Froese C, Reynaud D, Pace Asciak C, Trimble W. Sept12 is a component of the mammalian sperm tail annulus. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2007;64:794-807 pubmed..This study suggests Sept12 may be involved in mammalian fertility. ..
- Souza T, Barbosa J. Cloning, overexpression, purification and preliminary characterization of human septin 8. Protein J. 2010;29:328-35 pubmed publisher..Expression of three different constructs encoding human septin 8 were analyzed and the results show that SEPT8GC, a clone expressing the conserved domain plus C-terminal domain ..
- Kurkinen K, Marttinen M, Turner L, Natunen T, Mäkinen P, Haapalinna F, et al. SEPT8 modulates ?-amyloidogenic processing of APP by affecting the sorting and accumulation of BACE1. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:2224-38 pubmed publisher..b>SEPT8 was found to reduce soluble APP? and A? levels in neuronal cells through a post-translational mechanism leading to ..
- Saddler M, Bocconcelli A, Hickmott L, Chiang G, Landea Briones R, Bahamonde P, et al. Characterizing Chilean blue whale vocalizations with DTAGs: a test of using tag accelerometers for caller identification. J Exp Biol. 2017;220:4119-4129 pubmed publisher..We report the occurrence of Southeast Pacific type 2 (SEP2) calls, which exhibit peak frequencies, durations and timing consistent with previous recordings made using towed ..
- Liu H, Huang R, Ma J, Sui S, Guo Y, Liu D, et al. Two C3H Type Zinc Finger Protein Genes, CpCZF1 and CpCZF2, from Chimonanthus praecox Affect Stamen Development in Arabidopsis. Genes (Basel). 2017;8: pubmed publisher..i>AGAMOUS (AG), PISTILLATA (PI), SEPALLATA1 (SEP1), SEPALLATA2 (SEP2), SEPALLATA3 (SEP3), APETALA1 (AP1), APETALA2 (AP2), and boundary ..
- Bläser S, Jersch K, Hainmann I, Zieger W, Wunderle D, Busse A, et al. Isolation of new splice isoforms, characterization and expression analysis of the human septin SEPT8 (KIAA0202). Gene. 2003;312:313-20 pubmedb>SEPT8 (KIAA0202) is a member of the highly conserved septin family. Septins are membrane-associated GTPases which are involved in cytokinesis and cellular morphogenesis...
- Martinez C, Sanjuan M, Dent J, Karlsson L, Ware J. Human septin-septin interactions as a prerequisite for targeting septin complexes in the cytosol. Biochem J. 2004;382:783-91 pubmed..SEPT4 [previously designated H5, CDCrel-2 (cell-division-control-related-2), PNUTL2], SEPT5 (CDCrel-1, PNUTL1) and SEPT8 (KIAA0202)...
- Blaser S, Röseler S, Rempp H, Bartsch I, Bauer H, Lieber M, et al. Human endothelial cell septins: SEPT11 is an interaction partner of SEPT5. J Pathol. 2006;210:103-10 pubmed..SEPT11 has strong homology to SEPT8. Previously, we identified the interaction of SEPT5 and SEPT8...
- Ridruechai C, Mahasirimongkol S, Phromjai J, Yanai H, Nishida N, Matsushita I, et al. Association analysis of susceptibility candidate region on chromosome 5q31 for tuberculosis. Genes Immun. 2010;11:416-22 pubmed publisher..Of these, 75 SNPs located within candidate genes covering SLC22A4, SLC22A5, IRF1, IL5, RAD50, IL13, IL4, KIF3A and SEPT8 were genotyped using the DigiTag2 assay...
- Sevinc A, Fung L. Non-erythroid beta spectrin interacting proteins and their effects on spectrin tetramerization. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2011;16:595-609 pubmed publisher..quot;glioma tumor suppressor candidate region gene 2" (residues 1-478), a fragment (residues 74-442) of septin 8 isoform c, a fragment (residues 704-953) of "coatomer protein complex, subunit beta 1, a fragment (residues ..
- Bläser S, Horn J, Würmell P, Bauer H, Strümpell S, Nurden P, et al. The novel human platelet septin SEPT8 is an interaction partner of SEPT4. Thromb Haemost. 2004;91:959-66 pubmed..Using the yeast two-hybrid system we had demonstrated that SEPT5 partners with SEPT8. The aim of this study was to identify other interaction partners of the human platelet septin SEPT8...
- Macara I, Baldarelli R, Field C, Glotzer M, Hayashi Y, Hsu S, et al. Mammalian septins nomenclature. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:4111-3 pubmed..The human and mouse septin genes will be named SEPT1-SEPT10 and Sept1-Sept10, respectively. Splice variants will be designated by an underscore followed by a lowercase "v" and a number, e.g., SEPT4_v1. ..
- Yang T, Gao Y, Chen J. KIAA0202, a human septin family member, interacting with hPFTAIRE1. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:520-5 pubmed..Its C-terminus is a coiled-coil structure and its N-terminus is a variable region. Our results suggest that the KIAA0202 may play important roles in functional regulation of hPFTAIRE1. ..
- Akhmetova K, Balasov M, Svitin A, Chesnokova E, RENFROW M, Chesnokov I. Phosphorylation of Pnut in the Early Stages of Drosophila Embryo Development Affects Association of the Septin Complex with the Membrane and Is Important for Viability. G3 (Bethesda). 2018;8:27-38 pubmed publisher..In Drosophila, septin proteins Pnut, Sep1, and Sep2 form a hexameric septin complex...