Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEPT12
Description: septin 12
Alias: SPGF10, septin-12, testicular tissue protein Li 168
- Huang C, Wang Y, Chen Y, Chen M, Chiang H, Kuo P, et al. CDC42 Negatively Regulates Testis-Specific SEPT12 Polymerization. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..However, the regulators of SEPT12 are completely unknown...
- Neubauer K, Zieger B. The Mammalian Septin Interactome. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2017;5:3 pubmed publisher..To date, 13 different septin genes have been identified in mammals (SEPT1 to SEPT12 and SEPT14), which can be classified into four distinct subgroups based on the sequence homology of ..
- Shen Y, Wang H, Kuo Y, Shih S, Hsu C, Chen Y, et al. SEPT12 phosphorylation results in loss of the septin ring/sperm annulus, defective sperm motility and poor male fertility. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006631 pubmed publisher..Here, we showed that SEPT12 was phosphorylated on Ser198 using mass spectrometry, and we generated SEPT12 phosphomimetic knock-in (KI) mice to ..
- Miyakawa H, Miyamoto T, Koh E, Tsujimura A, Miyagawa Y, Saijo Y, et al. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the SEPTIN12 gene may be a genetic risk factor for Japanese patients with Sertoli cell-only syndrome. J Androl. 2012;33:483-7 pubmed publisher..The genotype and allele frequencies in SNP3, SNP4, and SNP6 were notably higher in the SCOS group than in the control group (P < .001). These results suggest that SEPTIN12 might play a critical role in human spermatogenesis. ..
- Miyamoto T, Tsujimura A, Miyagawa Y, Koh E, Namiki M, Horikawa M, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the SEPTIN12 gene may be associated with azoospermia by meiotic arrest in Japanese men. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2012;29:47-51 pubmed publisher..05). The c.204G>C (Gln38His) variant in the SEPTIN12 gene was associated with increased susceptibility to azoospermia caused by meiotic arrest. ..
- Kinoshita M. The septins. Genome Biol. 2003;4:236 pubmed..The septins are guanine-nucleotide binding proteins that mostly form filaments. They are important in cytokinesis and also have roles in sporulation in yeasts and embryonic development and in the nervous system in animals. ..
- Yeh C, Kuo P, Wang Y, Wu Y, Chen M, Lin D, et al. SEPT12/SPAG4/LAMINB1 complexes are required for maintaining the integrity of the nuclear envelope in postmeiotic male germ cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120722 pubmed publisher..Our previous studies based on a knockout mice model indicated that SEPT12 proteins are critical for the terminal morphological formation of sperm...
- Lai T, Wu Y, Wang Y, Chen M, Wang P, Chen T, et al. SEPT12-NDC1 Complexes Are Required for Mammalian Spermiogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed..Our knockout and knock-in mice models demonstrated that SEPTIN12 (SEPT12) is vital for the formation of sperm morphological characteristics during spermiogenesis...
- Kuo Y, Shen Y, Chen H, Lin Y, Wang Y, Chen Y, et al. SEPT12 orchestrates the formation of mammalian sperm annulus by organizing core octameric complexes with other SEPT proteins. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:923-34 pubmed publisherMale infertility has become a worldwide health problem, but the etiologies of most cases are still unknown. SEPT12, a GTP-binding protein, is involved in male fertility...