Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEMA3A
Description: sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), short basic domain, secreted, (semaphorin) 3A
Alias: COLL1, Hsema-I, Hsema-III, SEMA1, SEMAD, SEMAIII, SEMAL, SemD, coll-1, collapsin 1, semaphorin D, semaphorin III, semaphorin L, semaphorin-3A
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- Cross-talk between vascular endothelial growth factor and semaphorin-3A pathway in the regulation of normal and malignant mesothelial cell proliferationAlfonso Catalano
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
FASEB J 18:358-60. 2004..Therefore, these results delineate a new role of Sema-3A in VEGF function mediated by p38 MAPK and suggest that the abrogation of regulated Sema-3A expression is responsible for VEGF-driven growth of tumor cells...
- Plexin-neuropilin-1 complexes form functional semaphorin-3A receptorsT Takahashi
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Cell 99:59-69. 1999..Plex 1 alone does not bind semaphorin-3A (Sema3A), but the NP-1/Plex 1 complex has a higher affinity for Sema3A than does NP-1 alone...
- Cis and trans interactions of L1 with neuropilin-1 control axonal responses to semaphorin 3AV Castellani
Laboratoire de Neurogenèse et Morphogenèse dans le Développement et chez l Adulte, UMR CNRS 6156, Universite de la Mediterranee, IBDM, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
EMBO J 21:6348-57. 2002..immunoglobulin superfamily adhesion molecule (Ig CAM) associates with neuropilin-1 (NP-1) to form a semaphorin3A (Sema3A) receptor and soluble L1 converts Sema3A-induced axonal repulsion into attraction...
- Class 3 semaphorins control vascular morphogenesis by inhibiting integrin functionGuido Serini
Division of Molecular Angiogenesis, IRCC, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, and Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Torino School of Medicine, 10060 Candiolo, TO, Italy
Nature 424:391-7. 2003..b>Sema3a null mice show vascular defects as well...
- Competing autocrine pathways involving alternative neuropilin-1 ligands regulate chemotaxis of carcinoma cellsRobin E Bachelder
Division of Cancer Biology and Angiogenesis, Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Cancer Res 63:5230-3. 2003Neuropilin-1 (NP1), in conjunction with plexins, promotes axon repulsion by binding to semaphorin 3A (SEMA3A)...
- Galectin-1 and semaphorin-3A are two soluble factors conferring T-cell immunosuppression to bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellYves Lepelletier
CNRS UMR 8147, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Stem Cells Dev 19:1075-9. 2010..Taken together, these results demonstrate the critical role of Galectin-1 and Sema-3A in MSCs functions and may open new perspectives in the understanding and treatment of various immune and neoplastic disorders...
- Semaphorin 3E and plexin-D1 control vascular pattern independently of neuropilinsChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Science 307:265-8. 2005..These findings reveal an unexpected semaphorin signaling pathway and define a mechanism for controlling vascular patterning...
- Neuron restrictive silencer factor NRSF/REST is a transcriptional repressor of neuropilin-1 and diminishes the ability of semaphorin 3A to inhibit keratinocyte migrationPeter Kurschat
Department of Surgery, Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:2721-9. 2006..and serves as a receptor for both vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), an angiogenesis factor, and semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), a mediator of axonal guidance...
- Sulfated polysaccharides identified as inducers of neuropilin-1 internalization and functional inhibition of VEGF165 and semaphorin3AMasashi Narazaki
The Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1907, USA
Blood 111:4126-36. 2008..quot;..
- Ligand-induced internalization selects use of common receptor neuropilin-1 by VEGF165 and semaphorin3AMasashi Narazaki
Basic Research Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive 12N226, Bethesda, MD 20892 1907
Blood 107:3892-901. 2006..We report that semaphorin3A (Sema3A) inhibits endothelial-cell lamellipodia formation, adhesion, survival, proliferation, and cord formation...
- RanBPM contributes to Semaphorin3A signaling through plexin-A receptorsHideaki Togashi
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurosci 26:4961-9. 2006Secreted Semaphorin3A (Sema3A) proteins are known to act as diffusible and repellant axonal guidance cues during nervous system development. A receptor complex consisting of a Neuropilin and a Plexin-A mediates their effects...
- The semaphorin genes encode a family of transmembrane and secreted growth cone guidance moleculesA L Kolodkin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Cell 75:1389-99. 1993..D-Sema I and D-Sema II are expressed by subsets of neurons and muscles. Genetic analysis in Drosophila reveals that semall is an essential gene that is required for both proper adult behavior and survival...
- Neuropilin-2, a novel member of the neuropilin family, is a high affinity receptor for the semaphorins Sema E and Sema IV but not Sema IIIH Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Neuron 19:547-59. 1997..Neuropilin (neuropilin-1) was recently identified as a receptor for Collapsin-1/Semaphorin III/D (Sema III)...
- Increased class 3 semaphorin expression modulates the invasive and adhesive properties of prostate cancer cellsJeffery G Herman
The Pharmacology and Toxicology Graduate Program, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the Cancer Prevention and Research Center, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6713, USA
Int J Oncol 30:1231-8. 2007The class 3 semaphorins, sema3A and sema3C, provide important guidance cues in cell development and in cancer; however, the role of these semaphorins in prostate cancer is not known...
- Control of human thymocyte migration by Neuropilin-1/Semaphorin-3A-mediated interactionsYves Lepelletier
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 8147, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, Hopital Necker, 75743 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5545-50. 2007..In conclusion, we show here that NP-1/Sema-3A-mediated interactions participate in the control of human thymocyte development...
- Semaphorin-3A and semaphorin-3F work together to repel endothelial cells and to inhibit their survival by induction of apoptosisNoga Guttmann-Raviv
Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Rappaport Research Institute in the Medical Sciences, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Biol Chem 282:26294-305. 2007Semaphorin-3A (sema3A) is a neuropilin-1 (np1) agonist. It inhibits the binding of the 165-amino acid form of VEGF (VEGF(165)) to np1 and was reported to inhibit angiogenesis as a result...
- A Role of Staphyococcus aureus, Interleukin-18, Nerve Growth Factor and Semaphorin 3A, an Axon Guidance Molecule, in Pathogenesis and Treatment of Atopic DermatitisZenro Ikezawa
Department of Environmental Immuno Dermatology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Allergy Asthma Immunol Res 2:235-46. 2010..b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), an axon guidance molecule, is a potent inhibitor of neurite outgrowth of sensory neurons...
- Evidence that Sema3A and Sema3F regulate the migration of GABAergic neurons in the developing neocortexNobuaki Tamamaki
Department of Morphological Brain Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Konoecho, Yoshida, Sakyoku, Kyoto, 606 8501 Japan
J Comp Neurol 455:238-48. 2003..Ectopic Sema3A or -3F expression by COS1 cell clusters placed on embryo neocortical slices reduced the cell migration but did not ..
- Expression of class 3 semaphorins and neuropilin receptors in the developing mouse toothS Løes
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, N 5009, Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 101:191-4. 2001..We compared mRNA expression of class 3 semaphorins (Sema3A, 3B, 3C and 3F) and their two receptors (Neuropilin-1 and -2) in the embryonic mouse first molar tooth germ (E10-..
- Semaphorin 3A-mediated axon guidance regulates convergence and targeting of P2 odorant receptor axonsGerald A Schwarting
The Shriver Center, 200 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
Eur J Neurosci 19:1800-10. 2004..destinations for growing olfactory axons, we have also determined the spatial organization of P2 glomeruli in semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) mutant mice...
- Correlation between semaphorin3A-induced facilitation of axonal transport and local activation of a translation initiation factor eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4EChanxia Li
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Neurobiology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
J Neurosci 24:6161-70. 2004..protein synthesis is implicated in navigation of neurite extension induced by guidance cues, such as semaphorin3A (Sema3A)...
- [Expression of Sema3A and NP-1 in spinal cord and spared dorsal root ganglion after partial dorsal root rhizotomy of cat]Yan Ding
Department of Histology, Embryology and Neurobiology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 39:48-51. 2008To investigate the expression of semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) and neuropilin 1 (NP-1) in spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion after partial dorsal root rhizotomy.
- Expression of axon guidance molecules and their related genes during development and sexual differentiation of the olfactory bulb in ratsT Y Tsim
Department of Physiology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
Neuroscience 123:951-65. 2004Axon guidance molecules and related proteins such as semaphorin 3A, neuropilin-1, plexin-1, netrin-1, growth-associated protein, olfactory marker protein, cypin and collapsin response mediator proteins guide the development of neural ..
- Expression of semaphorin 3A in the rat corneal epithelium during wound healingNaoyuki Morishige
Department of Ophthalmology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minami kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:451-7. 2010The neural guidance protein semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is expressed in corneal epithelial cells of the adult rat...
- Expressions of neuropilin-1, neuropilin-2 and semaphorin 3A mRNA in the rat brain after middle cerebral artery occlusionH Fujita
Department of Anatomy, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shigenobu, 791 0295, Ehime, Japan
Brain Res 914:1-14. 2001..investigated the spatial and temporal expressions of mRNA encoding neuropilin (Npn)-1, Npn-2 and semaphorin3A (Sema3A) in the rat brain after occlusion of the middle cerebral artery (MAC) distal to the striate branches...
- Decorin, erythroblastic leukaemia viral oncogene homologue B4 and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 regulation of semaphorin 3A in central nervous system scar tissueKenneth H Minor
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Brain 134:1140-55. 2011..Of multiple known central nervous system scar associated axon growth inhibitors, semaphorin 3A has been shown to be strongly expressed by invading leptomeningeal fibroblasts...
- Age-dependent effects of secreted Semaphorins 3A, 3F, and 3E on developing hippocampal axons: in vitro effects and phenotype of Semaphorin 3A (-/-) miceE Pozas
Department of Cell Biology, University of Barcelona, E 08028, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 18:26-43. 2001..However, at perinatal stages, the inner layers of the entorhinal cortex attract CA1 axons. At these stages, Sema3A and Sema3F bind commissural and entorhinal axons...
- Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein is Involved in Protein Synthesis-Dependent Collapse of Growth Cones Induced by Semaphorin-3AChanxia Li
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University Atlanta, GA, USA
Front Neural Circuits 3:11. 2009..that FMRP is involved in axonal and growth cone responses induced by the axon guidance factor, Semaphorin-3A (Sema3A)...
- Plexin/neuropilin complexes mediate repulsion by the axonal guidance signal semaphorin 3AB Rohm
Molecular Neurogenetics Laboratory, Department of Neurochemistry, Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Deutschordenstrasse 46, D 60528, Frankfurt, Germany
Mech Dev 93:95-104. 2000..The effects of one of these repulsive cues, semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), are mediated by the membrane protein neuropilin-1 (Npn-1)...
- Semaphorin3A/neuropilin-1 signaling acts as a molecular switch regulating neural crest migration during cornea developmentPeter Y Lwigale
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, MS 140, Rice University, P O Box 1892, Houston, TX 77251, USA
Dev Biol 336:257-65. 2009..In exploring the molecular mechanisms underlying this effect, we find that semaphorin3A (Sema3A) is expressed in the lens placode and epithelium continuously throughout eye development...
- Semaphorin-3A and its receptor neuropilin-1 are predominantly expressed in endothelial cells along the rostral migratory stream of young and adult miceEsperanza Meléndez-Herrera
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Fisiologia, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, D F, Mexico
Cell Tissue Res 333:175-84. 2008..Moreover, the present work outlines the potential role of blood vessels on neuroblast migration in the postnatal rostral migratory stream...
- Regulation of dendritic branching and spine maturation by semaphorin3A-Fyn signalingAsa Morita
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Neurobiology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
J Neurosci 26:2971-80. 2006A member of semaphorin family, semaphorin3A (Sema3A), acts as a chemorepellent or chemoattractant on a wide variety of axons and dendrites in the development of the nervous systems...
- A forward genetic screen in mice identifies Sema3A(K108N), which binds to neuropilin-1 but cannot signalJanna Merte
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 30:5767-75. 2010..Using this assay, we identified Sema3A(K108N), a novel loss-of-function allele of Sema3A...
- Semaphorin 3A is required for guidance of olfactory axons in miceG A Schwarting
The Shriver Center, Waltham, Massachusetts 02452, USA
J Neurosci 20:7691-7. 2000b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is a membrane-associated secreted protein that has chemorepulsive properties for neuropilin-1 (npn-1)- expressing axons...
- Increased proximal bifurcation of CA1 pyramidal apical dendrites in sema3A mutant miceFumio Nakamura
Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Neurobiology, 3 9, Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
J Comp Neurol 516:360-75. 2009Semaphorin-3A (Sema3A) is an attractive guidance molecule for cortical apical dendrites...
- Pontocerebellar axon guidance: neuropilin-1- and semaphorin 3A-sensitivity gradients across basilar pontine nuclei and semaphorin 3A variation across cerebellumJoanna M Solowska
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 21:266-84. 2002To assess the role of semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) and its receptor component neuropilin-1 (Npn-1) in pontocerebellar axon guidance, we compared the distributions of Sema3A, Npn-1, and DiI-labeled pontocerebellar axons in neonatal mouse ..
- Gene expression of neuropilin-1 and its receptors, VEGF/Semaphorin 3a, in normal and cancer cellsDing Haixia
Department of Geriatric Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, No 300 Guangzhou Street, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210029, People s Republic of China
Cell Biochem Biophys 59:39-47. 2011..neuropilin-1 (Np1), specifically bind an array of factors and co-receptors including class-3 semaphorins (Sema3a), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), hepatocyte growth factor, platelet-derived growth factor BB, ..
- Autocrine Semaphorin3A stimulates eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-dependent RhoA translation in breast tumor cellsHongjie Pan
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, D U M C, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:2825-32. 2010..Previous studies indicate that the axon repulsion factor Semaphorin3A (Sema3A) stimulates the eIF4E-dependent translation of RhoA in neurons, and breast tumor cells support autocrine Sema3A ..
- Segmental organization of spinal reflexes mediating autonomic dysreflexia after spinal cord injuryAlexander G Rabchevsky
University of Kentucky, Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center and Department of Physiology, 741 South Limestone Street, B371 BBSRB, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
Prog Brain Res 152:265-74. 2006..with microinjections of adenovirus encoding the growth-promoting nerve growth factor or the growth-inhibitory semaphorin 3A. This was followed by assessment of physiological responses to colorectal distension and subsequent histology...
- Diverse gene expression and function of semaphorins in developing lung: positive and negative regulatory roles of semaphorins in lung branching morphogenesisM Kagoshima
Department of Pharmacology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fuku ura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Genes Cells 6:559-71. 2001Previously, we reported that Sema3A, one of the secreted repulsive axon guidance molecules, CRMP (collapsin response mediator protein)-2, a putative intracellular signalling molecule for Sema3A and Sema3A receptor neuropilin-1 are ..
- Peripheral, but not central, axotomy induces neuropilin-1 mRNA expression in adult large diameter primary sensory neuronsI Gavazzi
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College London, United Kingdom
J Comp Neurol 423:492-9. 2000Neuropilin-1 (NP-1) is a component of the receptor for semaphorin3a (Sema3a), a member of a large family of molecules with widespread expression and demonstrable influence (via their ability to repel growing axons) on nervous system ..
- Expression of semaphorin 3A and its receptors in the human intervertebral disc: potential role in regulating neural ingrowth in the degenerate intervertebral discSotonye K Tolofari
Tissue Injury and Repair Group, School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Manchester, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R1. 2010..The mechanisms underlying neural ingrowth are, however, not fully understood. Semaphorin 3A (sema3A) is an axonal guidance molecule with the ability to repel nerves seeking their synaptic target...
- Semaphorin 3A-Neuropilin-1 signaling regulates peripheral axon fasciculation and pathfinding but not developmental cell death patternsCorinna Haupt
Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Munich Neuherberg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 31:1164-72. 2010..b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), in addition to its function as a guidance cue and mediator of timing and fasciculation of motor and ..
- Examination of cellular and molecular events associated with optic nerve axotomyAnat Nitzan
Goldschleger Eye Research Institute, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Glia 54:545-56. 2006..Analyzing cellular behavior during scar formation and determining the expression of growth inhibiting molecules in the optic nerve and retina following acute optic nerve injury...
- Anti-semaphorin 3A antibodies rescue retinal ganglion cells from cell death following optic nerve axotomyAnat Shirvan
Department of Neurology and the Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, and the Sackler School of Medicine, Petach Tiqva 49100, Israel
J Biol Chem 277:49799-807. 2002..A small conserved peptide derived from semaphorin 3A that was previously shown to induce neuronal death in culture was capable of inducing RGC loss upon its ..
- Targeting sensory axon regeneration in adult spinal cordXiao Qing Tang
Department of Physiology, Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Neurosci 27:6068-78. 2007..To restrict these axons within superficial laminas, adenovirus expressing semaphorin 3A was injected into the ventral spinal cord 3 d after NGF virus injection...
- Vocal control area-related expression of neuropilin-1, plexin-A4, and the ligand semaphorin-3A has implications for the evolution of the avian vocal systemEiji Matsunaga
Laboratory for Biolinguistics, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako, 351 0198, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 51:45-54. 2009..These results suggest the possibility that a change in the expression of a combination of semaphorin/neuropilin/plexin was involved in the acquisition of vocal learning ability during evolution...
- Polyelectrolyte multilayer-mediated gene delivery for semaphorin signaling pathway controlDoriane Richard
INSERM UMR 977, 11, rue Humann, 67085 Strasbourg, France
Small 6:2405-11. 2010..representative of a cell signalling process that proceeds in a top-down manner, cell collapse induced by semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) was chosen as the target...
- Fgfr2b mediated epithelial-mesenchymal interactions coordinate tooth morphogenesis and dental trigeminal axon patterningPaivi Kettunen
Section of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, Medical Faculty, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 124:868-83. 2007..dental follicle and adjacent Semaphorin3A-free dental follicle target field as well as appearance of ectopic Sema3A expression domain in the lingual side of the epithelial bud...
- The neurovascular relation in oxygen-induced retinopathyJames D Akula
Department of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Vis 14:2499-508. 2008....
- Semaphorins act as attractive and repulsive guidance signals during the development of cortical projectionsD Bagnard
INSERM Unité 371 Cerveau et Vision, 69500 Bron, France
Development 125:5043-53. 1998..The present findings show that recombinant Semaphorin D has similar effects on cortical axons and, in addition, inhibits axonal branching...
- Distorted odor maps in the olfactory bulb of semaphorin 3A-deficient miceMasahiko Taniguchi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Neurosci 23:1390-7. 2003b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) repels growing olfactory axons that express neuropilin-1 (NP-1), a receptor for Sema3A...
- Requirement of neuropilin 1-mediated Sema3A signals in patterning of the sympathetic nervous systemTakahiko Kawasaki
Group of Developmental Neurobiology, Division of Biological Science, Nagoya University Graduate School of Science, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
Development 129:671-80. 2002Neuropilin 1 is the specific receptor for Sema3A and plays a role in nerve fiber guidance...
- Anatomy of rat semaphorin III/collapsin-1 mRNA expression and relationship to developing nerve tracts during neuroembryogenesisR J Giger
Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam, Netherlands Institute for Brain Research, The Netherlands
J Comp Neurol 375:378-92. 1996b>Semaphorin III/collapsin-1 (semaIII/coll-1) is a chemorepellent that exhibits a repulsive effect on growth cones of dorsal root ganglion neurons...
- Close homolog of L1 and neuropilin 1 mediate guidance of thalamocortical axons at the ventral telencephalonAmanda G Wright
Department of Biochemistry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Neurosci 27:13667-79. 2007We report a cooperation between the neural adhesion molecule close homolog of L1 (CHL1) and the semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) receptor, neuropilin 1 (Npn1), important for establishment of area-specific thalamocortical projections...
- Semaphorin3A-induced receptor endocytosis during axon guidance responses is mediated by L1 CAMValerie Castellani
Laboratoire de Neurogenèse et Morphogenèse dans le Développement et chez l Adulte UMR CNRS 6156, Universite de la Mediterranee, IBDM, 13288 Marseilles 9, France
Mol Cell Neurosci 26:89-100. 2004..that the cell adhesion molecule of the immunoglobulin super family L1 associates with Neuropilin-1 (NP-1) the Sema3A-binding subunit of the receptor complex and is required for Sema3A to elicit axonal repulsive responses...
- Neuropilin ligands in vascular and neuronal patterningAlessandro Fantin
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1228-32. 2009..1) is present on both blood vessels and nerves and binds two structurally diverse ligands, the class 3 semaphorin SEMA3A and an isoform of the vascular endothelial growth factor VEGF-A termed VEGF(165) (VEGF(164) in mice)...
- Plexin-A4-semaphorin 3A signaling is required for Toll-like receptor- and sepsis-induced cytokine stormHaitao Wen
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Exp Med 207:2943-57. 2010..Administration of a ligand of plexin-A4, Sema3A (semaphorin 3A), exacerbates the cytokine storm caused by TLR agonists and bacterial sepsis...
- Differential responsiveness to the chemorepellent Semaphorin 3A distinguishes Ipsi- and contralaterally projecting axons in the chick midbrainS Henke-Fahle
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Schleichstrasse 12, Tubingen, D 72076 Germany
Dev Biol 237:381-97. 2001..of axons was observed when tectal explants were cocultured with cell aggregates secreting the chemorepellent Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A). Sema3B and Sema3C, respectively, did not inhibit growth of tectal axons...
- Neuropilin-1 is a direct target of the transcription factor E2F1 during cerebral ischemia-induced neuronal death in vivoSusan X Jiang
NRC Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council Canada, 1200 Montreal Road, Bldg M 54, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 27:1696-705. 2007..Neuropilin 1 (NRP-1), a receptor for semaphorin 3A-mediated axon growth cone collapse and retraction, was confirmed to be a direct target of E2F1 based on (i) ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor-mediated cell invasion in pancreatic cancer cells is dependent on neuropilin-1Arikira Matsushita
Department of Medicine, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Cancer Res 67:10309-16. 2007Neuropilin-1 (Np-1), a receptor for semaphorin 3A and vascular endothelial growth factor, is expressed at high levels in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC)...
- Neuropilin-1 promotes human glioma progression through potentiating the activity of the HGF/SF autocrine pathwayB Hu
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 1863, USA
Oncogene 26:5577-86. 2007..NRP1 potentiates the signaling pathways stimulated by semaphorin 3A and VEGF-A in neuronal and endothelial cells, respectively...
- Vascular endothelial-derived semaphorin 3 inhibits sympathetic axon growthDeborah H Damon
Department of Pharmacology, University of Vermont, Given Bldg, Rm C 413A, 89 Beaumont Ave, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H1220-5. 2006..Recent studies indicate that vascular endothelial cells (EC) express semaphorin 3A, a repulsive axon guidance cue. This suggests that EC would inhibit the growth of axons to blood vessels...
- RhoA-kinase coordinates F-actin organization and myosin II activity during semaphorin-3A-induced axon retractionGianluca Gallo
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Cell Sci 119:3413-23. 2006..I report that semaphorin 3A activates myosin II in growth cones and axons...
- A semaphorin 3A inhibitor blocks axonal chemorepulsion and enhances axon regenerationMarisol Montolio
IRB Barcelona, Department of Cell Biology, University of Barcelona, and CIBERNED ISCIII, Barcelona Science Park, Baldiri i Reixac 10, Barcelona E 08028, Spain
Chem Biol 16:691-701. 2009..We screened a peptoid combinatorial library to search for semaphorin 3A inhibitors, and identified a peptoid (SICHI: semaphorin Induced chemorepulsion inhibitor) that blocks ..
- Upregulation of Semaphorin 3A and the associated biochemical and cellular events in a rat model of retinal detachmentOlga Klebanov
Goldschleger Eye Research Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Haim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:73-86. 2009..Despite advanced surgical repair techniques, the visual acuity of patients is often limited. We investigated some of the biochemical and morphological alterations following experimental retinal detachment in laboratory animals...
- Collapsin response mediator proteins of neonatal rat brain interact with chondroitin sulfateSebastian Franken
Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Nussallee 11, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:3241-50. 2003..collapsin response mediator protein-4 (CRMP-4), which belongs to a family of proteins involved in collapsin/semaphorin 3A signaling...
- Regulation of semaphorin 3A expression in neurons of the rat spinal cord and cerebral cortex after transection injuryMasayuki Hashimoto
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, 260 8677 Chiba, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 107:250-6. 2004b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is a secreted repulsive axon guidance protein. It appears to play important roles in axon fasciculation, branching, neuronal migration, and tissue differentiation during embryonic development...
- Fyn and Cdk5 mediate semaphorin-3A signaling, which is involved in regulation of dendrite orientation in cerebral cortexYukio Sasaki
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Neurobiology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Neuron 35:907-20. 2002Semaphorin-3A (Sema3A), a member of class 3 semaphorins, regulates axon and dendrite guidance in the nervous system. How Sema3A and its receptors plexin-As and neuropilins regulate neuronal guidance is unknown...
- Differential expression of semaphorin 3A and its receptors during mouse retinal developmentJi Ae Ko
Department of Ophthalmology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima, Japan
Cell Biochem Funct 30:563-8. 2012..We have now examined the expression of semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) and its receptor components neuropilin 1 (Npn1) and plexin A (PlxA) during development of the mouse ..
- Decreased expression of semaphorin-3A, a neurite-collapsing factor, is associated with itch in psoriatic skinKenzen Kou
Department of Environmental Immuno Dermatology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Acta Derm Venereol 92:521-8. 2012..We propose that decreased semaphorin-3A and increased NGF expression levels may trigger the outgrowth of C-fibres, leading to pruritus...
- Group IVA phospholipase A₂ is necessary for growth cone repulsion and collapseStaci D Sanford
Department of Pediatrics, Neuroscience Program, and Colorado Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Neurochem 120:974-84. 2012The repellent semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) causes growth cone turning or collapse by triggering cytoskeletal rearrangements and detachment of adhesion sites...
- Human Muscle Progenitor Cells Displayed Immunosuppressive Effect through Galectin-1 and Semaphorin-3ASéverine Lecourt
INSERM UMR940, Institut Universitaire d Hematologie, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Stem Cells Int 2012:412610. 2012..Together, these results demonstrate an unsuspected immunosuppressive effect of myoblasts that may open new therapeutic perspectives...
- Differing semaphorin 3A concentrations trigger distinct signaling mechanisms in growth cone collapseRichard P C Manns
Department of Physiology, Development, and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3DY, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 32:8554-9. 2012Semaphorin-3A (Sema3A) is a major guidance cue in the developing nervous system...
- Semaphorins A and E act as antagonists of neuropilin-1 and agonists of neuropilin-2 receptorsT Takahashi
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nat Neurosci 1:487-93. 1998Neuropilin-1 (NP-1) has been identified as a necessary component of a semaphorin D (SemD) receptor that repulses dorsal root ganglion (DRG) axons during development...
- Cloning and expression of a novel murine semaphorin with structural similarity to insect semaphorin IL Zhou
Department of Neurology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 9:26-41. 1997..family member shares considerable homology with the best characterized murine semaphorin, Sema III (also known as SemD), at the 5' end but is divergent from Sema III near the 3' end because it contains a putative transmembrane domain...
- Transient downregulation of Sema3A mRNA in a rat model for temporal lobe epilepsy. A novel molecular event potentially contributing to mossy fiber sproutingAnthony J G D Holtmaat
Graduate School of Neuroscience, Netherlands Institute for Brain Research, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Exp Neurol 182:142-50. 2003..In the present study we investigated the expression profile of Sema3A mRNA and the axonal growth-associated protein GAP-43 mRNA during the process of electrically induced ..
- Structure and function of the immune semaphorin CD100/SEMA4DAbdellah Elhabazi
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, El Jadida Morocco
Crit Rev Immunol 23:65-81. 2003..A growing number of semaphorins--namely, human CD100/SEMA4D, CD108/SEMA7A, and SEMA3A; viral semaphorins, SemaVA and SemaVB; and, very recently, mouse Sema4A--were reported to regulate immune cell ..
- Expression by midbrain dopamine neurons of Sema3A and 3F receptors is associated with chemorepulsion in vitro but a mild in vivo phenotypeEnrique R Torre
Department of Neurosurgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 44:135-53. 2010Here we explore the role of semaphorin 3A and 3F (Sema3A, Sema3F) in the formation of the mesotelencephalic pathway. We show that Sema3A and 3F are expressed in the ventral mesencephalon (VM) of E13...
- Neuropilin 1 directly interacts with Fer kinase to mediate semaphorin 3A-induced death of cortical neuronsSusan X Jiang
Experimental NeuroTherapeutics Laboratory, National Research Council NRC Institute for Biological Sciences, NRC Canada, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:9908-18. 2010..The interaction of Sema3A/NRP1 during development leads to the collapse of growth cones...
- Ontogeny of semaphorins 3A and 3F and their receptors neuropilins 1 and 2 in the kidneyGuillermo Villegas
Department of Pediatrics Nephrology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mech Dev 119:S149-53. 2002..could modulate VEGF endothelial cell guidance cues in the developing kidney, we studied the expression of semaphorin 3A and semaphorin 3F and their receptors NP-1 and NP-2 in the kidney during ontogeny using Northern blot analysis,..
- Statistical accuracy of a moving equivalent dipole method to identify sites of origin of cardiac electrical activationAntonis A Armoundas
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, E25 335, 77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 50:1360-70. 2003..computer and animal studies to evaluate the accuracy of an algorithm that uses the single equivalent moving dipole (SEMD) model in an infinite homogeneous volume conductor to guide the RF catheter to the site of origin of the arrhythmia...
- Semaphorin3a regulates endothelial cell number and podocyte differentiation during glomerular developmentKimberly J Reidy
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Development 136:3979-89. 2009Semaphorin3a (Sema3a), a chemorepellant guidance protein, plays crucial roles in neural, cardiac and peripheral vascular patterning. Sema3a is expressed in the developing nephron, mature podocytes and collecting tubules...
- Differential expression of the semaphorin 3A pathway in prostatic cancerMokrane Yacoub
CeRePP, Paris, France
Histopathology 55:392-8. 2009To analyse the expression pattern of the semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) pathway, including the receptor neuropilin 1 (NRP1) and its ligands the 'antitumoral' Sema3A and the 'protumoral' vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)in prostatic cancer.
- Candidate gene analysis of semaphorins in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseChiara Villa
Department of Neurological Sciences, Dino Ferrari Center, University of Milan, IRCCS Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:169-73. 2010..Accumulation of an internalized form of Sema3A is associated with degeneration of neurons, making these molecules candidates for the development of AD...
- VEGF-A and Semaphorin3A: modulators of vascular sympathetic innervationJennifer B Long
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Dev Biol 334:119-32. 2009..to non-innervated vessels, mediated in part by vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF-A) and Semaphorin3A (Sema3A) which both signal via neuropilin-1 (Nrp1)...
- Coordination of trigeminal axon navigation and patterning with tooth organ formation: epithelial-mesenchymal interactions, and epithelial Wnt4 and Tgfbeta1 regulate semaphorin 3a expression in the dental mesenchymePaivi Kettunen
Division of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Development 132:323-34. 2005..By analyzing Sema3a and its receptor Npn1 knockout mouse embryos, we found that Sema3a regulates dental trigeminal axon navigation and ..
- Protein product of CLN6 gene responsible for variant late-onset infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis interacts with CRMP-2Jared W Benedict
Center for Neural Development and Disease, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:2157-66. 2009..Because CRMP-2 functions in growth cone collapse and is an effector protein downstream of Sema3A signaling, this pathway was examined via a dorsal root ganglion (DRG) repulsion assay...
- Isolation and expression pattern of human Unc-33-like phosphoprotein 6/collapsin response mediator protein 5 (Ulip6/CRMP5): coexistence with Ulip2/CRMP2 in Sema3a- sensitive oligodendrocytesD Ricard
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 433, Institut Federatif des Neurosciences de Lyon, Hopital Neurologique, 69003 Lyon, France
J Neurosci 21:7203-14. 2001..Because Ulip2/CRMP2 has been reported to mediate semaphorin-3A (Sema3A) signal in developing neurons, in studies to understand the function of Ulip6/CRMP5 and Ulip2/CRMP2 in the adult, ..
- Rac controls PIP5K localisation and PtdIns(4,5)P₂ synthesis, which modulates vinculin localisation and neurite dynamicsJonathan R Halstead
Division of Cell Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 1066 CX, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 123:3535-46. 2010..retraction induced by neurite remodelling factors such as lysophosphatidic acid, sphingosine 1-phosphate and semaphorin 3A require the activity of phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 5-kinases (PIP5Ks)...
- Repulsive axon guidance molecule Sema3A inhibits branching morphogenesis of fetal mouse lungT Ito
Department of Pathology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fuku ura, Kanazawa Ku, 236 0004, Yokohama, Japan
Mech Dev 97:35-45. 2000b>Semaphorin III/collapsin-1 (Sema3A) guides a specific subset of neuronal growth cones as a repulsive molecule. In this study, we have investigated a possible role of non-neuronal Sema3A in lung morphogenesis...
- A novel transmembrane semaphorin can bind c-srcF Eckhardt
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown 02129, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 9:409-19. 1997..The functions are not known, with the exception of those of sema III (also referred as sem D and collapsin 1), D-sema I, and D-sema II, which have been shown to be involved in axonal pathfinding...
- Zebrafish semaphorin Z1a collapses specific growth cones and alters their pathway in vivoW Shoji
Department of Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1048, USA
Development 125:1275-83. 1998..Although the in vitro activity of Semaphorin III/D/Collapsin 1 is clear, recent analyses of two different strains of semaphorin III/D/collapsin 1 knockout mice ..
- Expression of class 3 semaphorins and their receptors in human breast neoplasiaCarolyn A Staton
Academic Units of Surgical Oncology Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Histopathology 59:274-82. 2011..This study aimed to identify the involvement of class 3 semaphorins (Sema3) and receptors, neuropilins (Np1 and Np2) and plexins (A1-A4) in breast cancer development and angiogenesis...
- Autocrine semaphorin 3A signaling promotes glioblastoma dispersalT Bagci
Department of Neuroscience, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 2111, USA
Oncogene 28:3537-50. 2009..Neuropilin-1 is a receptor for semaphorin3A (Sema3A), a secreted chemorepellent that facilitates axon guidance during neural development...
- Thioredoxin mediates oxidation-dependent phosphorylation of CRMP2 and growth cone collapseAkifumi Morinaka
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Sci Signal 4:ra26. 2011Semaphorin3A (Sema3A) is a repulsive guidance molecule for axons, which acts by inducing growth cone collapse through phosphorylation of CRMP2 (collapsin response mediator protein 2)...
- Disruption of Sema3A expression causes abnormal neural projection in heavy oil exposed Japanese flounder larvaeMasahumi Kawaguchi
Center for Marine Environmental Studies, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Ehime University, Bunkyo cho 2 5, Matsuyama 790 8577, Japan
Mar Pollut Bull 63:356-61. 2011..Furthermore, in the HO-exposed larvae, Sema3A, a kind of axon guidance molecule, was broadly expressed in second pharyngeal arch, a target region of facial ..
- Systemic and targeted delivery of semaphorin 3A inhibits tumor angiogenesis and progression in mouse tumor modelsAndrea Casazza
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Turin School of Medicine, Candiolo, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:741-9. 2011The role of semaphorins in tumor progression is still poorly understood. In this study, we aimed at elucidating the regulatory role of semaphorin 3A (SEMA3A) in primary tumor growth and metastatic dissemination.
- Measles virus modulates dendritic cell/T-cell communication at the level of plexinA1/neuropilin-1 recruitment and activityHieu Tran-Van
Institute for Virology and Immunobiology, University of Wurzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 41:151-63. 2011..and its co-receptor neuropilin (NP-1) have been implicated in IS efficiency, while their repulsive ligand, SEMA3A, likely acts in terminating T-cell activation...
- The development and subsequent elimination of aberrant peripheral axon projections in Semaphorin3A null mutant miceF A White
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, 06510, USA
Dev Biol 225:79-86. 2000Semaphorin3A (previously known as Semaphorin III, Semaphorin D, or collapsin-1) is a member of the semaphorin gene family, many of which have been shown to guide axons during nervous system development...
- Defective gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuron migration in mice lacking SEMA3A signalling through NRP1 and NRP2: implications for the aetiology of hypogonadotropic hypogonadismAnna Cariboni
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 20:336-44. 2011..mice with in vitro models, we demonstrate here that a secreted guidance cue of the class 3 semaphorin family, SEMA3A, is essential for the development of the GnRH neuron system: loss of SEMA3A signalling alters the targeting of ..
- Cellular therapy for the inner earAlbert Edge; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Semaphorin 3a, repulsive guidance molecule, and semaphorin 4b, a negative regulator of axon guidance and synaptogenesis are ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF NEUROPILIN, A NOVEL VEGF RECEPTORMichael Klagsbrun; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future studies include: i) generating large amounts of Sema3A and 3F protein from cell cultures since semaphorins are not commercially available due in part to lack of ..
- Regulation of mRNA translation in developing axons and growth conesSAMIE JAFFREY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Guidance cues, such as Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), mediate their effects on growth cones by activating signaling pathways that result in cytoskeletal ..
- Regulation of mRNA translation in developing axons and growth conesSAMIE JAFFREY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Guidance cues, such as Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), mediate their effects on growth cones by activating signaling pathways that result in cytoskeletal ..
- Regulation of mRNA translation in developing axons and growth conesSamie R Jaffrey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Guidance cues, such as Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), mediate their effects on growth cones by activating signaling pathways that result in cytoskeletal ..
- MECHANISMS OF NERVE GROWTH CONE TURNING AND BRANCHINGPaul C Letourneau; Fiscal Year: 2010The experiments in this proposal investigate how two guidance cues, nerve growth factor (NGF) and Semaphorin3A (Sema3A), regulate the migration of the growing tips (growth cones) of sensory (DRG) axons...
- Placental growth factor in skin angiogenesisMichael Detmar; Fiscal Year: 2001..PIGF-2 additionally binds to the neuropilin-1 receptor that is also shared by the neuronal guidance molecule semaphorin D whcih acts as an antagonist...
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF AXONAL REGENERATIONStephen Strittmatter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The first specific aim addresses the investigator's hypothesis that the repellent Sema3A might interfere with the regeneration of peripheral sensory and motor axons were it not for the presence of Sema3B ..
- Signaling Mechanisms mediating effects of Semaphorin3AZhigang He; Fiscal Year: 2005..and plexins as probes to explore the signaling mechanisms which mediate the axon guidance effect of Semaphorin3A (Sema3A), a prototype of vertebrate semaphorins. Specifically, we will address the following questions: 1)...
- GENE THERAPY FOR SPINAL CORD REGENERATIONGeorge Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..to accomplish the following specific aims: 1) to determine if co-expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) and semaphorin 3a within the adult spinal cord will direct the regeneration of sensory axons to appropriate target locations...
- DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES ON THE MOTOR SYSTEMKatherine Kalil; Fiscal Year: 2007..Netrin-1 and semaphorin 3A are guidance cues that respectively attract or repel cortical axons...
- DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES ON THE MOTOR SYSTEMKatherine Kalil; Fiscal Year: 2005..Localized application of the guidance molecules Semaphorin 3A, Slits 1, 2, 2-N and FGF-2 to the growth cone will be used to elicit localized cytoskeletal changes leading to ..
- Cellular therapy for the inner earAlbert Edge; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Semaphorin 3a, repulsive guidance molecule, and semaphorin 4b, a negative regulator of axon guidance and synaptogenesis are ..
- Cellular therapy for the inner earAlbert S Edge; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Semaphorin 3a, repulsive guidance molecule, and semaphorin 4b, a negative regulator of axon guidance and synaptogenesis are ..
- NEURONAL GROWTH CONE SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION MECHANISMSStephen Strittmatter; Fiscal Year: 1999..The same mechanisms are likely to function during adult nervous system injury and improve function in degenerative neurologic diseases. ..
- Recognition Molecules in Cortical DevelopmentPatricia Maness; Fiscal Year: 2007..A role for CHL1 in Semaphorin 3A-induced dendritic projection and branching of pyramidal neurons will be studied in cortical slices...
- Structural Study of Semaphorins, Neuropilins and PlexinsDimitar Nikolov; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NEUROPILINS AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF REPULSIVE GUIDANCEALEX KOLODKIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..to provide a comprehensive understanding of how neuropilins, plexins and their six secreted semaphorin ligands Sema3A, B, C, D, E, and F (all defined as Class 3 semaphorins) participate in the establishment of neuronal connectivity ..
- Structural Study of Semaphorins, Neuropilins and PlexinsDimitar Nikolov; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Characterization of EGCG-receptors: Role in mediating the effects of green teaMARK LUNDQUIST; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, EGCG is able to inhibit the effects of certain molecules, such as Semaphorin 3A (SemaSA), that promote axonal retraction...
- Semaphorin-neuropilin regulation of neuronal connectivityALEX L contact KOLODKIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..in vivo to govern cortical pyramidal neuron apical dendritic spine morphology and synaptogenesis, whereas semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) promotes the elaboration of basal dendritic arbors...
- Guidance of Taste Nerve During DevelopmentMICHAEL ROCHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is implicated in repulsive axon guidance throughout the developing nervous system and during regeneration...
- Vascular determinants of sympathetic innervationDEBORAH DAMON; Fiscal Year: 2007..In aim 2 we will also test the hypotheses that vascular-derived leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), and semaphorin 3A mediate the effects of non-innervated vascular cells...