Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SDHD
Description: succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit D, integral membrane protein
Alias: CBT1, CII-4, CWS3, PGL, PGL1, QPs3, SDH4, cybS, succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] cytochrome b small subunit, mitochondrial, succinate-ubiquinone oxidoreductase cytochrome b small subunit, succinate-ubiquinone reductase membrane anchor subunit
Publications183 found, 100 shown here
- SDHA is a tumor suppressor gene causing paragangliomaNelly Burnichon
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Genetique, 20 40 rue Leblanc, F 75015 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 19:3011-20. 2010Mitochondrial succinate-coenzyme Q reductase (complex II) consists of four subunits, SDHA, SDHB, SDHC and SDHD. Heterozygous germline mutations in SDHB, SDHC, SDHD and SDHAF2 [encoding for succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) complex assembly ..
- High frequency of germline succinate dehydrogenase mutations in sporadic cervical paragangliomas in northern Spain: mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase structure-function relationships and clinical-pathological correlationsJorge Lima
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of University of Porto, University of Porto, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4853-64. 2007Germline SDHB, SDHC, and/or SDHD mutations have been reported in familial and apparently sporadic paragangliomas (PGLs)...
- Superiority of fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography to other functional imaging techniques in the evaluation of metastatic SDHB-associated pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaHenri J L M Timmers
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda MD 20892 1109, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2262-9. 2007..subunit B of the mitochondrial enzyme succinate dehydrogenase (SDHB) predispose to malignant paraganglioma (PGL). Timely and accurate localization of these aggressive tumors is critical for guiding optimal treatment...
- New advances in the genetics of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma syndromesAnne Paule Gimenez-Roqueplo
Département de génétique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, and Université de Paris, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U772, College de France, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:112-21. 2006..of the SDH genes in 2000/2001 dramatically changed the genetics of pheochromocytoma (PHEO) and paraganglioma (PGL)...
- Mutation analysis of SDHB and SDHC: novel germline mutations in sporadic head and neck paraganglioma and familial paraganglioma and/or pheochromocytomaJean Pierre Bayley
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Med Genet 7:1. 2006Germline mutations of the SDHD, SDHB and SDHC genes, encoding three of the four subunits of succinate dehydrogenase, are a major cause of hereditary paraganglioma and pheochromocytoma, and demonstrate that these genes are classic tumor ..
- Mutations in SDHD, a mitochondrial complex II gene, in hereditary paragangliomaB E Baysal
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2593, USA
Science 287:848-51. 2000..a mitochondrial respiratory chain protein-the small subunit of cytochrome b in succinate-ubiquinone oxidoreductase (cybS)...
- Denaturing high performance liquid chromatography detection of SDHB, SDHD, and VHL germline mutations in pheochromocytomaGoswin Y Meyer-Rochow
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, Royal North Shore Hospital and University of Sydney, Australia
J Surg Res 157:55-62. 2009..Type 1, and the pheochromocytoma/paraganglioma syndromes caused by mutations in the RET, VHL, NF1, SDHB, and SDHD genes, respectively...
- Genetics of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma in Spanish patientsAlberto Cascon
Hereditary Endocrine Cancer Group, Institute de Salud Carlos III Center for Biomedical Research on Rare Diseases, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1701-5. 2009..In these cases, other clinical aspects like bilaterality, multiplicity, location of the tumors, or age at onset can help to recognize the underlying genes involved...
- Clinically guided genetic screening in a large cohort of italian patients with pheochromocytomas and/or functional or nonfunctional paragangliomasMassimo Mannelli
Department Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 5, 50139 Florence, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1541-7. 2009..The aim of the study was to define the frequency of hereditary forms and the genotype/phenotype correlations in a large cohort of Italian patients with pheochromocytomas and/or functional or nonfunctional paragangliomas...
- The endemic paraganglioma syndrome type 1: origin, spread, and clinical expressionFrancesca Schiavi
Department of Medicine, University of Padova, Familial Cancer Clinic and Oncoendocrinology, Veneto Institute of Oncology, Instituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Via Gattamelata 64, 35128 Padova, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E637-41. 2012Anecdotal evidence suggests a high incidence in Trentino, Italy, of head and neck paragangliomas (HNPGL), a rare autosomal dominant disease called paraganglioma type 1 syndrome and caused by germ-line mutations of the SDHD gene.
- No mutations but an increased frequency of SDHx polymorphisms in patients with sporadic and familial medullary thyroid carcinomaM Montani
Institute for Clinical Pathology, Department of Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Endocr Relat Cancer 12:1011-6. 2005Germline mutations of the three succinate dehydrogenase subunits SDHB, SDHC and SDHD have recently been associated with familial pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma...
- Mutations and polymorphisms in the SDHB, SDHD, VHL, and RET genes in sporadic and familial pheochromocytomasJens Waldmann
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg 35037, Germany
Endocrine 35:347-55. 2009The prevalence of germ line mutations within the RET-protooncogene and the tumor suppressor genes SDHB, SDHD, and VHL in pheochromocytomas (PC) varies in recent studies from 12 to 24%, if one look at them collectively...
- Succinate dehydrogenase D variants do not constitute a risk factor for developing C cell hyperplasia or sporadic medullary thyroid carcinomaAlberto Cascon
Hereditary Endocrine Cancer Group, Department of Human Genetics, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:2127-30. 2005..First, we studied SDHD in two families with hereditary non-RET CCH and found no alterations related to the inheritance of this disease...
- Genetic testing in pheochromocytoma or functional paragangliomaLaurence Amar
Universite Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, France
J Clin Oncol 23:8812-8. 2005To assess the yield and the clinical value of systematic screening of susceptibility genes for patients with pheochromocytoma (pheo) or functional paraganglioma (pgl).
- Nearly all hereditary paragangliomas in the Netherlands are caused by two founder mutations in the SDHD geneP E Taschner
Department of Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 31:274-81. 2001..Recently, we have identified the SDHD gene encoding subunit D of the mitochondrial respiratory chain complex II as one of the genes involved in ..
- Altitude is a phenotypic modifier in hereditary paraganglioma type 1: evidence for an oxygen-sensing defectKristin Astrom
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Hum Genet 113:228-37. 2003..that often develop in the carotid body (CB) and is caused by mutations in the gene for succinate dehydrogenase D ( SDHD) of mitochondrial complex II...
- Genetic analyses of apparently sporadic pheochromocytomas: the Rotterdam experienceE Korpershoek
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute Room Be320a, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, P O Box 1738, 3000DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and Department of Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:138-48. 2006..VHL gene), neurofibromatosis Type 1 (NF1 gene), or familial pheochromocytoma-paraganglioma (PCC-PGL) syndrome (SDHD/B and C genes)...
- Germline succinate dehydrogenase subunit D mutation segregating with familial non-RET C cell hyperplasiaJorge Lima
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto 4200 465, Portugal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4932-7. 2003..We investigated the possible involvement of the SDHD gene, because somatic and germline mutations in this gene have been found in a variety of tumors of neural crest-..
- Fine mapping of a putatively imprinted gene for familial non-chromaffin paragangliomas to chromosome 11q13.1: evidence for genetic heterogeneityE C Mariman
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Genet 95:56-62. 1995..65) with markers from the distal locus. These observations argue for the presence of two distinct imprinted genes for glomus tumors on 11q. A model for tumor initiation and progression is presented based on all available information...
- Characterization of the human SDHD gene encoding the small subunit of cytochrome b (cybS) in mitochondrial succinate-ubiquinone oxidoreductaseH Hirawake
Department of Biomedical Chemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1412:295-300. 1999..Hirawake et al., Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 79 (1997) 132-138). In the present study, the human SDHD gene encoding cybS was cloned and characterized...
- Germline mutations and variants in the succinate dehydrogenase genes in Cowden and Cowden-like syndromesYing Ni
Genomic Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 83:261-8. 2008..One to five percent of SDHB/SDHD mutation carriers have renal cell or papillary thyroid carcinomas, which are also CS-related features...
- The SDH mutation database: an online resource for succinate dehydrogenase sequence variants involved in pheochromocytoma, paraganglioma and mitochondrial complex II deficiencyJean Pierre Bayley
Department of Human Genetics, Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, P, O, Box 9503, 2300 RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Med Genet 6:39. 2005The SDHA, SDHB, SDHC and SDHD genes encode the subunits of succinate dehydrogenase (succinate: ubiquinone oxidoreductase), a component of both the Krebs cycle and the mitochondrial respiratory chain...
- An immunohistochemical procedure to detect patients with paraganglioma and phaeochromocytoma with germline SDHB, SDHC, or SDHD gene mutations: a retrospective and prospective analysisFrancien H van Nederveen
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 10:764-71. 2009..This syndrome is caused by germline mutations in succinate dehydrogenase B (SDHB), C (SDHC), or D (SDHD) genes...
- Gene mutations in the succinate dehydrogenase subunit SDHB cause susceptibility to familial pheochromocytoma and to familial paragangliomaD Astuti
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 69:49-54. 2001..Recently, pheochromocytoma susceptibility has been associated with germline SDHD mutations...
- Rare presentation of familial paraganglioma without evidence of mutation in the SDH, RET and VHL genes: towards further genetic heterogeneityAlexandre Persu
Cardiology Unit, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Hypertens 27:76-82. 2009Mutations in genes encoding succinate dehydrogenase and its anchoring subunits (SDH genes) are at the origin of hereditary head and neck paraganglioma (PGL) and a subset of apparently sporadic pheochromocytoma.
- Similar gene expression profiles of sporadic, PGL2-, and SDHD-linked paragangliomas suggest a common pathway to tumorigenesisErik F Hensen
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
BMC Med Genomics 2:25. 2009..mitochondrial succinate-dehydrogenase (SDH) complex are associated with hereditary paraganglioma: SDHB, SDHC and SDHD. Furthermore, a hereditary paraganglioma family has been identified with linkage to the PGL2 locus on 11q13...
- The succinate dehydrogenase genetic testing in a large prospective series of patients with paragangliomasNelly Burnichon
Département de génétique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 20 40 rue Leblanc, Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2817-27. 2009..Germline mutations in SDHx genes cause hereditary paraganglioma...
- L157X nonsense mutation of the succinate dehydrogenase subunit B gene in a Japanese patient with right paraaortic paragangliomaHaruhiro Sato
Department of Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Endocrine 38:18-23. 2010..which encode two mitochondrial complex II subunits, are associated with the development of familial paraganglioma (PGL)...
- [Extra-adrenal pheochromocytoma associated to SDHD gene mutation]Nikolett Lendvai
Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, II Belgyógyászati Klinika, Budapest
Orv Hetil 150:645-9. 2009..represents in Hungary the first genetically confirmed case of hereditary paraganglioma/pheochromocytoma syndrome due to disease-causing mutation of the SDHD gene. Also, the authors review the progress of our knowledge about this syndrome.
- Resolution and reconstitution of succinate-ubiquinone reductase from Escherichia coliX Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
J Biol Chem 272:9683-9. 1997..active, two-subunit succinate dehydrogenase and a two-subunit membrane anchoring protein fraction (the SdhC-SdhD fraction) by alkaline (pH 10...
- Expression of mRNAs for succinate dehydrogenase subunits and related genes in pheochromocytomaKazumasa Isobe
Department of Clinical Pathology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennnoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:253-62. 2006..In this study, we examined the level of expression of mRNAs encoding SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD in pheochromocytoma, pheochromocytoma subgroups, and normal adrenal gland, and compared the expression of these ..
- Two hydrophobic subunits are essential for the heme b ligation and functional assembly of complex II (succinate-ubiquinone oxidoreductase) from Escherichia coliK Nakamura
Department of Parasitology, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:521-7. 1996..Gene products of sdhC and sdhD are small hydrophobic subunits that anchor the hydrophilic catalytic subunits (flavoprotein and iron-sulfur protein)..
- Phase II study of high-dose [131I]metaiodobenzylguanidine therapy for patients with metastatic pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaSara Gonias
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, 350 Parnassus Ave, Suite 710, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4162-8. 2009To evaluate the safety and efficacy of high-dose [(131)I]metaiodobenzylguanidine ([(131)I]MIBG) in the treatment of malignant pheochromocytoma (PHEO) and paraganglioma (PGL).
- The first Dutch SDHB founder deletion in paraganglioma-pheochromocytoma patientsJean Pierre Bayley
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Med Genet 10:34. 2009Germline mutations of the tumor suppressor genes SDHB, SDHC and SDHD play a major role in hereditary paraganglioma and pheochromocytoma...
- The quinone binding site in Escherichia coli succinate dehydrogenase is required for electron transfer to the heme bQuang M Tran
Membrane Protein Research Group, Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, 473 Medical Sciences Building, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:32310-7. 2006..the [3Fe-4S] cluster of the SdhB subunit and the heme b(556) that is coordinated by His residues from the SdhC and SdhD subunits...
- Succinate dehydrogenase gene arrangement and expression in Anaplasma phagocytophilumRobert F Massung
Rickettsial Zoonoses Branch, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Gene 414:41-8. 2008..directly downstream of the Anaplasma phagocytophilum (strain MRK) 16S rRNA gene identified homologues of sdhC and sdhD; however, further sequencing by gene walking failed to identify additional sdh gene homologues...
- A recurrent stop-codon mutation in succinate dehydrogenase subunit B gene in normal peripheral blood and childhood T-cell acute leukemiaBora E Baysal
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e436. 2007..Germ line mutations in the SDHB, SDHC or SDHD genes cause hereditary paraganglioma (PGL) tumors which show constitutive activation of homeostatic mechanisms ..
- Sequence variation in human succinate dehydrogenase genes: evidence for long-term balancing selection on SDHABora E Baysal
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
BMC Biol 5:12. 2007..In contrast, heterozygous mutations in SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD, the other SDH subunit genes, cause hereditary paraganglioma (PGL) tumors, which show constitutive activation of ..
- Ubiquinone-binding site mutations in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate dehydrogenase generate superoxide and lead to the accumulation of succinateSamuel S W Szeto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:27518-26. 2007..All of the mutants examined have reduced ubiquinone reductase activities. The SDH3 R47K, SDH4 D88E, and SDH4 D88N mutants are sensitive to hyperoxia and paraquat and have elevated rates of superoxide ..
- The triad of paragangliomas, gastric stromal tumours and pulmonary chondromas (Carney triad), and the dyad of paragangliomas and gastric stromal sarcomas (Carney-Stratakis syndrome): molecular genetics and clinical implicationsC A Stratakis
Section on Endocrinology and Genetics, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, NICHD, NIH, Building 10, CRC, Room 1 3330, 10 Center Dr, MSC1103, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Intern Med 266:43-52. 2009..Inactivating mutations of the mitochondrial complex II succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) enzyme subunits SDHB, SDHC and SDHD have been found in familial and sporadic PGLs, and gain-of-function mutations of the oncogenes c-kit (KIT) and ..
- Pediatric paraganglioma: an early manifestation of an adult disease secondary to germline mutationsJaume Mora
Laboratori de biologia molecular dels tumors del desenvolupament i Oncologia Pediàtrica, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu de Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:785-9. 2006Paraganglioma (PGL) and phaeochromocytoma (PCC) are chemotherapy and radiation-resistant neuroendocrine tumors that arise from sympathetic tissue, and rarely occur in children...
- Comparison of 18F-fluoro-L-DOPA, 18F-fluoro-deoxyglucose, and 18F-fluorodopamine PET and 123I-MIBG scintigraphy in the localization of pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaHenri J L M Timmers
Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4757-67. 2009..MIBG), positron emission tomography (PET) agents are available for the localization of paraganglioma (PGL), including (18)F-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA), (18)F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose ((18)F-FDG), and (18)F-..
- Proportion of heritable paraganglioma cases and associated clinical characteristicsC M Drovdlic
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, PA, USA
Laryngoscope 111:1822-7. 2001To determine the heritable proportion of paraganglioma (PGL) and identify clinical features associated with heritable PGL.
- Isolation and characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae SDH4 gene encoding a membrane anchor subunit of succinate dehydrogenaseB L Bullis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Biol Chem 269:6543-9. 1994..electrophoresis, determined the amino-terminal sequence of the Sdh4p subunit and used this information to clone the SDH4 gene...
- Novel succinate dehydrogenase subunit B (SDHB) mutations in familial phaeochromocytomas and paragangliomas, but an absence of somatic SDHB mutations in sporadic phaeochromocytomasDiana E Benn
Cancer Genetics, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, Royal North Shore Hospital, Syney, NSW, Australia
Oncogene 22:1358-64. 2003..In addition to mutations in RET and VHL in familial disease, germline mutations in SDHD and SDHB genes that encode subunits of mitochondrial complex II have also been associated with the development of ..
- The mitochondrial SDHD gene is required for early embryogenesis, and its partial deficiency results in persistent carotid body glomus cell activation with full responsiveness to hypoxiaJosé I Piruat
Laboratorio de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Edificio de Laboratorios, 2 planta, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Avenida Manuel Siurot s n, E 41013 Seville, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 24:10933-40. 2004The SDHD gene encodes one of the two membrane-anchoring proteins of the succinate dehydrogenase (complex II) of the mitochondrial electron transport chain...
- Active succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) and lack of SDHD mutations in sporadic paragangliomasSimone Braun
Institute of Anthropology and Human Genetics, Division of Molecular Genetics, University of Tubingen, Germany
Anticancer Res 25:2809-14. 2005Paragangliomas are benign, slow-growing tumours of the head and neck region. The candidate gene for familial and some sporadic paragangliomas, SDHD (succinate dehydrogenase, subunit D), has been mapped to the PGL1 locus in 11q23.3.
- Evolving concepts in the management of jugular paraganglioma: a comparison of radiotherapy and surgery in 88 casesPatrice Tran Ba Huy
Hopital Lariboisiere, Service ORL, Universite Paris 7, Paris, France
Skull Base 19:83-91. 2009Surgery for jugular paraganglioma (PGL) tumors often results in the acquisition of neurological deficits where none had been present previously. This has a significant impact on the quality of life...
- The Cth2 ARE-binding protein recruits the Dhh1 helicase to promote the decay of succinate dehydrogenase SDH4 mRNA in response to iron deficiencyElisa Pedro-Segura
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat de Valencia, Avenida Doctor Moliner 50, E 46100, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Biol Chem 283:28527-35. 2008..We demonstrate that the degradation of succinate dehydrogenase SDH4 mRNA, a known target of Cth2 on iron-deficient conditions, depends on Dhh1...
- Familial nonsyndromic pheochromocytomaGiuseppe Opocher
Endocrinology Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:149-55. 2006..familial pheochromocytoma has been largely elucidated and the role of germline mutation of the VHL, RET, SDHB, and SDHD genes has been established...
- Genomic imprinting and environment in hereditary paragangliomaBora E Baysal
Magee Women s Research Institute and Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 204 Craft Avenue, R332B, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 129:85-90. 2004..PGL is caused by germ line heterozygous inactivating mutations in the SDHB (PGL4), SDHC (PGL3), or SDHD (PGL1) genes, which encode three of the four subunits of mitochondrial complex II (succinate dehydrogenase; SDH)...
- A current review of the etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of pediatric pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaS G Waguespack
Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders, The Children s Cancer Hospital, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, PO Box 301402, Unit 1461, Houston, Texas 77230 1402, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2023-37. 2010Pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas (PHEO/PGL) are neuroendocrine tumors that arise from sympathetic and parasympathetic paraganglia...
- Mutation analysis of the SDHB and SDHD genes in pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas: identification of a novel nonsense mutation (Q168X) in the SDHB geneYohmi Oishi
Department of Health Sciences, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Endocr J 57:745-50. 2010..VHL and NF-1, genes encoding succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit B (SDHB), subunit C (SDHC), and subunit D (SDHD) are recognized as susceptibility genes for PCC and PGL...
- Paraganglioma syndrome: SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD mutations in head and neck paragangliomasFrancesca Schiavi
Unità di Endocrinologia, Dipartimento Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche, Universita di Padova, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:190-7. 2006..and pheochromocytoma, and is classified according to the three susceptibility genes involved, SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD. This study assessed the prevalence of germline mutations in SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD genes in a consecutive population ..
- Childhood phaeochromocytoma and paraganglioma: 100% incidence of genetic mutations and 100% survivalPhilip J Hammond
Department of Paediatric Surgery, The Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill, G3 8SJ Glasgow, United Kingdom
J Pediatr Surg 45:383-6. 2010..is to identify the incidence of genetic mutations and outcome of children presenting with phaeochromocytoma/paraganglioma (PGL) to a single paediatric surgical service to determine the need for genetic counselling in associated kindreds.
- Immunohistochemistry for SDHB triages genetic testing of SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD in paraganglioma-pheochromocytoma syndromesAnthony J Gill
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney 2065, Australia
Hum Pathol 41:805-14. 2010..RET, Von Hippel-Lindau (VHL), neurofibromatosis type I (NF1), and succinate dehydrogenase subunits (SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD) mutations...
- Identification of a 4.9-kilo base-pair Alu-mediated founder SDHD deletion in two extended paraganglioma families from AustriaAndreas R Janecke
Division of Clinical Genetics, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Hum Genet 55:182-5. 2010..the development of highly vascularized paraganglionic tumors as a result of germline mutations in the SDHB, SDHC or SDHD subunit genes of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH; mitochondrial complex II), or in the Von Hippel-Lindau tumor-..
- Clinical features of paraganglioma syndromesCarsten Christof Boedeker
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Skull Base 19:17-25. 2009..PGLs 1-4) have been described: PGL 1 is associated with mutations of the succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) subunit D (SDHD) gene; PGL 3 is caused by SDHC gene mutations; PGL 4 is caused by SDHB gene mutations; the susceptibility gene for ..
- Sdhd and SDHD/H19 knockout mice do not develop paraganglioma or pheochromocytomaJean Pierre Bayley
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e7987. 2009..Mutations of SDHD, the first protein of intermediary metabolism shown to be involved in tumorigenesis, lead to the human tumors ..
- Genetic mutation screening in an italian cohort of nonsyndromic pheochromocytoma/paraganglioma patientsM Castellano
Department of Internal Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, University of Brescia, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:156-65. 2006..R230G in two patients, SDHB S8F, R46Q, R90Q, and VHL P81L in one subject each), and one with hnPGL carried the SDHD 348-351delGACT mutation...
- SDHAF2 mutations in familial and sporadic paraganglioma and phaeochromocytomaJean Pierre Bayley
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 11:366-72. 2010Paragangliomas and phaeochromocytomas are neuroendocrine tumours associated frequently with germline mutations of SDHD, SDHC, and SDHB...
- No evidence for involvement of SDHD in neuroblastoma pathogenesisKatleen De Preter
Center for Medical Genetics, Ghent University Hospital, K5, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
BMC Cancer 4:55. 2004..The deleted region harbours the tumour suppressor gene SDHD that is frequently mutated in paraganglioma and pheochromocytoma, which are, like neuroblastoma, tumours ..
- Malignant pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas: a phase II study of therapy with high-dose 131I-metaiodobenzylguanidine (131I-MIBG)Paul A Fitzgerald
Department of Medicine, UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, Box 1222, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1222, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1073:465-90. 2006Thirty patients with malignant pheochromocytoma (PHEO) or paraganglioma (PGL) were treated with high-dose 131I-MIBG. Patients were 11-62 (mean 39) years old: 19 patients males and 11 females...
- Paraganglioma, neuroblastoma, and a SDHB mutation: Resolution of a 30-year-old mysteryR Neil Schimke
Department of Medicine, Kansas University School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Am J Med Genet A 152:1531-5. 2010Familial paraganglioma/pheochromocytoma (PGL/PCC) is genetically heterogenous with mutations in three of the four subunits of the heterotetrameric mitochondrial complex II enzyme succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) being causally responsible ..
- Mutation of the heme axial ligand of Escherichia coli succinate-quinone reductase: implications for heme ligation in mitochondrial complex II from yeastElena Maklashina
Molecular Biology Division, VA Medical Center, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:747-54. 2010..The axial ligands for the low spin heme b in Escherichia coli complex II are SdhC His84 and SdhD His71. E...
- Intronic single nucleotide polymorphisms in the RET protooncogene are associated with a subset of apparently sporadic pheochromocytoma and may modulate age of onsetSarah R McWhinney
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4911-6. 2003Approximately 75% of pheochromocytomas are sporadic. Germline mutations in RET, VHL, SDHB, and SDHD have been shown to cause the 25% that are hereditary...
- Genetics and biology of pheochromocytomaM Mannelli
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, Endocrinology Unit, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 115:160-5. 2007..The genes currently known to be responsible for tumor formation are RET, VHL, NF1, SDHB, SDHC and SDHD. Germline mutations of these genes increase the risk of developing pheochromocytomas and/or paragangliomas which ..
- Fine analysis of the short arm of chromosome 1 in sporadic and familial pheochromocytomaG Opocher
Endocrinology Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 59:707-15. 2003..25% of apparently sporadic forms of pheochromocytoma are actually due to germline mutations of RET, VHL, SDHB or SDHD genes, the genetic bases of the tumourigenesis of this type of cancer are still incompletely understood...
- Retention of heme in axial ligand mutants of succinate-ubiquinone xxidoreductase (complex II) from Escherichia coliE Maklashina
Molecular Biology Division 151 S, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 276:18968-76. 2001..In the E. coli enzyme, heme b(556) is ligated between SdhC His(84) and SdhD His(71). Contrary to a previous report (Vibat, C. R. T., Cecchini, G., Nakamura, K., Kita, K., and Gennis, R. B...
- Mutations of the SDHB and SDHD genesChristian Pawlu
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Freiburg, Germany
Fam Cancer 4:49-54. 2005..Mutations in the SDHB (1p35-36) and SDHD subunits (11q23) give rise to the paraganglioma syndromes (PGL), namely PGL 4 and PGL 1, and generate paraganglioma ..
- Integrative analysis of miRNA and mRNA expression profiles in pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma identifies genotype-specific markers and potentially regulated pathwaysAguirre A de Cubas
Hereditary Endocrine Cancer Group, Human Cancer Genetics Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, Madrid, Spain
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:477-93. 2013..Through characterization of miRNA profiles in 69 frozen tumors with germline mutations in the genes SDHD, SDHB, VHL, RET, NF1, TMEM127, and MAX, we identified miRNA signatures specific to, as well as common among, the ..
- Multiparameter DNA flow-sorting demonstrates diploidy and SDHD wild-type gene retention in the sustentacular cell compartment of head and neck paragangliomas: chief cells are the only neoplastic componentPieter B Douwes Dekker
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Pathol 202:456-62. 2004..A substantial number of these tumours show mutations in the SDHD gene located at chromosome 11q23...
- A novel succinate dehydrogenase subunit B gene mutation, H132P, causes familial malignant sympathetic extraadrenal paragangliomasMargarete Maier-Woelfle
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:362-7. 2004We report a family with malignant sympathetic paragangliomas (PGL) exhibiting a new type of germline mutation in the succinate dehydrogenase subunit B (SDHB) gene...
- Production and characterization of peptide mimotopes of phenolic glycolipid-I of Mycobacterium lepraeJu Ho Youn
Department of Microbiology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seoul 120 752, Republic of Korea
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 41:51-7. 2004Phenolic glycolipid-I (PGL-I), a Mycobacterium leprae-specific antigen, has been widely used for the serodiagnosis of leprosy and has been implicated in the pathogenesis of leprosy...
- The impact of short daily hemodialysis on anemia and the quality of life in Chinese patientsJ L Jiang
Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Department of Nephrology, Jinan, China
Braz J Med Biol Res 46:629-33. 2013..Compared to conventional hemodialysis (CHD), short daily hemodialysis (sDHD) has been reported to be effective in many countries except China...
- Seroreactivity to new Mycobacterium leprae protein antigens in different leprosy-endemic regions in BrazilEmerith Mayra Hungria
Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 107:104-11. 2012..to detect IgG to proteins (92f, 46f, leprosy IDRI diagnostic-1, ML0405, ML1213) and IgM to phenolic glycolipid-I (PGL-I)...
- [Diagnosis of pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma: the clonidine suppression test in patients with borderline elevations of plasma free normetanephrine]R Darr
Medizinische Klinik III, UniversitätsklinikumCarl Gustav Carus der Technischen Universität Dresden
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 138:76-81. 2013..of plasma free metanephrines provide a sensitive test for the diagnosis of pheochromocytoma/paraganglioma (P/PGL), with highly elevated levels diagnostic of the disease...
- Diversity in the protein N-glycosylation pathways within the Campylobacter genusHarald Nothaft
Alberta Glycomics Centre and Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 11:1203-19. 2012The foodborne bacterial pathogen, Campylobacter jejuni, possesses an N-linked protein glycosylation (pgl) pathway involved in adding conserved heptasaccharides to asparagine-containing motifs of >60 proteins, and releasing the same ..
- Risk of malignant paraganglioma in SDHB-mutation and SDHD-mutation carriers: a systematic review and meta-analysisLeonie Theresia van Hulsteijn
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Med Genet 49:768-76. 2012..a systematic review and meta-analysis on the risk of developing malignant paraganglioma (PGL) in SDHB-mutation and SDHD-mutation carriers...
- Imaging work-up for screening of paraganglioma and pheochromocytoma in SDHx mutation carriers: a multicenter prospective study from the PGL.EVA InvestigatorsAnne Paule Gimenez-Roqueplo
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Genetique, Paris, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E162-73. 2013..Recommendations have not been established concerning imaging to screen SDHx mutation carriers for paraganglioma and pheochromocytoma...
- Prevalence of germline mutations in patients with pheochromocytoma or abdominal paraganglioma and sporadic presentation: a population-based study in Western SwedenAndreas Muth
Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
World J Surg 36:1389-94. 2012Germline mutations in the susceptibility genes RET, SDHB, SDHD, and VHL have been reported in 7.5-24% of patients with pheochromocytoma (Pheo) or paraganglioma (PGL) and sporadic presentation...
- Biallelic inactivation of the SDHC gene in renal carcinoma associated with paraganglioma syndrome type 3Angelica Malinoc
Department of Nephrology and General Medicine Pathology, University Medical Center, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:283-90. 2012..A subset of individuals with SDHB and SDHD germline DNA mutations and variants develop RCC...
- The role of Mycobacterium leprae phenolic glycolipid I (PGL-I) in serodiagnosis and in the pathogenesis of leprosyJohn S Spencer
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1682, USA
Lepr Rev 82:344-57. 2011b>PGL-I (phenolic glycolipid I) emerged in the early 1980s on the one hand as part of intensive efforts to define the typing antigens of a host of Mycobacterium spp...
- Physical characterization and cellular uptake of propylene glycol liposomes in vitroLu Zhang
Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 38:365-71. 2012..to facilitate the intracellular delivery of therapeutic agents, a new type of liposomes-propylene glycol liposomes (PGL) were prepared, and their cell translocation capability in vitro was examined...
- Mutations associated with succinate dehydrogenase D-related malignant paragangliomasHenri J L M Timmers
Reproductive Biology and Adult Endocrinology Program, National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1109, USA
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 68:561-6. 2008..mutations in genes encoding subunits B, C and D of the mitochondrial enzyme succinate dehydrogenase (SDHB, SDHC and SDHD). SDHB-related PGLs are known in particular for their high malignant potential...
- Screening for familial paragangliomasDavid Myssiorek
Department of Otolaryngology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA
Oral Oncol 44:532-7. 2008..An international collaboration finally elucidated the SDHB, SDHC and SDHD genes for three paraganglioma syndromes (PGL 4, 3, 1)...
- Candidate gene mutation analysis in bilateral adrenal pheochromocytoma and sympathetic paragangliomaEsther Korpershoek
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, JNI room 222, PO Box 2040, 3000 CR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:453-62. 2007..germline mutations in RET, von Hippel-Lindau disease (VHL), succinate dehydrogenase subunit B (SDHB), or subunit D SDHD. However, few studies have addressed the mutationfrequency of these candidate genes in selected subgroups of PCC ..
- Highly hydrophilic surfaces from polyglycidol grafts with dual antifouling and specific protein recognition propertiesSarra Gam-Derouich
ITODYS, University Denis Diderot and CNRS UMR 7086, 15 rue Jean de Baïf, 75013 Paris, France
Langmuir 27:9285-94. 2011Homopolymer grafts from α-tert-butoxy-ω-vinylbenzyl-polyglycidol (PGL) were prepared on gold and stainless steel (SS) substrates modified by 4-benzoyl-phenyl (BP) moieties derived from the electroreduction of the parent salt 4-benzoyl ..
- Mitochondrial complex II participates in normoxic and hypoxic regulation of α-keto acids in the murine heartJörg Mühling
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Palliative Medicine, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:950-61. 2010..SDH subunit D heterozygous (SDHD(+/-)) and wild-type (WT) mice were housed at normoxia or hypoxia (10% O(2)) for 4 days or 3 weeks, and right ..
- SDHB loss predicts malignancy in pheochromocytomas/sympathethic paragangliomas, but not through hypoxia signallingAnnika Blank
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:919-28. 2010..In a familial setting, it is well known that succinate dehydrogenase subunit B (SDHB)-associated PCC/PGL very often metastasise...
- Familial pheochromocytomaZoran Erlic
Section for Preventive Medicine, Department of Nephrology and General Medicine, University Medical Center, Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Hormones (Athens) 8:29-38. 2009..1, 3 and 4 and are caused by mutations in the succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) subunit D, C and B genes, respectively (SDHD, SDHC and SDHB)...
- Complete remission by chemotherapy in stage IE-IIE primary gastric lymphomaMitsugu Kochi
Department of Digestive Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1285-8. 2007There are many controversies regarding the treatment for primary gastric non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (PGL)...
- Impact of screening kindreds for SDHD p.Cys11X as a common mutation associated with paraganglioma syndrome type 1Mariola Peczkowska
Department of Hypertension, Institute of Cardiology, 04 628 Warsaw, Poland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4818-25. 2008Germline mutations of the genes SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD predispose to paraganglioma syndromes. Mutation-specific counseling, risk assessment, and management recommendations ideally should be performed...
- Extra-adrenal pheochromocytoma in the organ of Zuckerkandl: diagnosis and treatment strategiesD Kahraman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Cologne, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 119:436-9. 2011Pheochromocytoma (PHEO) and paraganglioma (PGL) are rare catecholamine-secreting neuroendocrine tumors arising from chromaffin tissue and can occur within the adrenal medulla (PHEO) or extra-adrenal sites (PGL)...
- Biochemical characterization of the O-linked glycosylation pathway in Neisseria gonorrhoeae responsible for biosynthesis of protein glycans containing N,N'-diacetylbacillosamineMeredith D Hartley
Departments of Chemistry and Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Biochemistry 50:4936-48. 2011..Protein glycosylation (pgl) genes have been annotated on the basis of bioinformatics and top-down mass spectrometry analysis of protein ..
- Clinical and molecular progress in hereditary paragangliomaB E Baysal
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, 310 Cedar Street, BML B38, New Haven, CT 06520 8023, USA
J Med Genet 45:689-94. 2008..vascular tumours of the paraganglionic tissues and caused by germ line inactivating mutations in the SDHB, SDHC and SDHD subunits of mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase enzyme complex (SDH; mitochondrial complex II)...
- Germline SDHB mutations are common in patients with apparently sporadic sympathetic paragangliomasRoger D Klein
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 17:94-100. 2008Germline mutations in the genes encoding the B (SDHB) and D (SDHD) subunits of the heterotetrameric protein succinate dehydrogenase (mitochondrial complex II) are important causes of inherited and apparently sporadic paragangliomas...
- Genomic imprinting at a boundary element flanking the SDHD locusBora E Baysal
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:4452-61. 2011Germline mutations in SDHD, a mitochondrial complex II (succinate dehydrogenase) subunit gene at chromosome band 11q23, cause highly penetrant paraganglioma (PGL) tumors when transmitted through fathers...
- Early detection of leprosy by examination of household contacts, determination of serum anti-PGL-1 antibodies and consanguinityRenata Bazan-Furini
Divisão de Dermatologia, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 106:536-40. 2011..The families of 83 patients underwent clinical examination and serum anti-PGL1 measurement using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay...
- [Paragangliomas and paraganglioma syndromes]C C Boedeker
Universitätsklinik für Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde und Poliklinik, Freiburg, Germany
Laryngorhinootologie 90:S56-82. 2011..PGL 1 is associated with mutations of the succinate dehydrogenase subunit D (SDHD) gene, PGL 3 is caused by SDHC and PGL 4 by SDHB gene mutations...
- Epigenetic Regulation of Mitochondiral Complex IIGerald S Shadel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mutations in the smallest subunit of complex II, encoded by a gene named SDHD, are the primary cause of head and neck paragangliomas...
- DNA Repair Capacity and Risk of Pre-malignant Lesion in Lung EpitheliumHua Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2009..this goal, we will apply host cell reactivation (HCR) assay to quantify DRC of BPDE induced DNA adducts in plasmid pGL-3-luc in lymphocytes reflecting systemic NER capacity...
- SEROLOGIC DETERMINATION OF LEPROSY IN CHIMPANZEESBobby Gormus; Fiscal Year: 1992..to determine the titers of IgG and IgM antibodies to Mycobacterium leprae-specific cell wall phenolic glycolipid-I (PGL-I) antigen and the mycobacterial common cell wall antigen lipoarabinomannan (LAM)...
- METABOLIC MAINTENANCE & GROWTH OF MYCOBACTERIUM LEPRAEScott Franzblau; Fiscal Year: 1992..assays: a) quantitation of intracellular adenosine triphosphate (ATP), b) incorporation of 14C-palmitate into PGL-1, c) measurement of the rate of 14CO2 released from 14C- palmitate...
- Expression of Human Therapeutic Proteins in Transgenic Tobacco ChloroplastsHenry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2010..functional, and structural studies;e) Create a chloroplast capable of glycosylation of a foreign protein using the pgl operon...
- Probing the Glycan Biosynthetic Machinery of Campylobacter Jejuni.JERRY TROUTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..and the potential interactions of this enzyme with other proteins in the oligosaccharide donor biosynthesis (or Pgl) pathway...
- BRAIN TARGETING OF THYROTROPIN RELEASING HORMONE ANALOGSLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2002..be improved by using alpha-hydroxyglycine to achieve carboxy-terminal amidation via peptidylamidoglycolate lyase (PGL, EC 4.3.2...
- Components of C. elegans P-granules and regulation of their functionEkaterina Voronina; Fiscal Year: 2009..elegans expressing a GFP fusion to the germ granule component PGL-1, and an RNAi library targeting -3,000 genes expressed preferentially in the female germline...
- STRUCTURE OF THE ANTIGENS OF ATYPICAL MYCOBACTERIAPatrick Brennan; Fiscal Year: 1980..The immunogenicity of these will be examined in the hope of preparing monospecific antisera. The possibility that the PGL antigens of MAIS serovars are the products of lysogenic conversion will also be explored.
- Host-Pathogen Interactions and M.tb Drug ResistanceGilla Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2009..tuberculosis phenol glycolipid (PGL-tb), which induces a host immune response that fails to control bacillary growth efficiently, is therefore ..
- Mycobacterial PDIM/PGL: synthesis pathway and inhibitionLUIS E QUADRI; Fiscal Year: 2010..studies will investigated several hypothesized steps in DPK synthesis and explore the development of a first PGL synthesis inhibitor...
- AIDS-ASSOCIATED HEART DISEASE--INCIDENCE ETIOLOGYMelvin Cheitlin; Fiscal Year: 1992..I - HIV seropositive, asymptomatic infection Group II- Hiv seropositive, persistent generalized lymphadenopathy (PGL) Group III- Aids patients Group IV- Age-matched, clinically-well, HIV seronegative, homosexual men (controls for ..