Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SDHA
Description: succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit A, flavoprotein (Fp)
Alias: CMD1GG, PGL5, SDH1, SDH2, SDHF, flavoprotein subunit of complex II, succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] flavoprotein subunit, mitochondrial, succinate dehydrogenase complex flavoprotein subunit
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Mechanisms of noise-induced hearing loss potentiation by hypoxiaGuang Di Chen
College of Pharmacy, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, P O Box 26901, 1110 N Stonewall Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73117, USA
Hear Res 200:1-9. 2005..proteins in the outer hair cell (OHC) membrane skeleton (beta-actin) and in the mitochondrial respiratory chain (SDHa & b). The noise exposure alone caused CAP threshold shift only in the noise-band...
- Selection of reliable reference genes for qPCR studies on chondroprotective actionStefan Toegel
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
BMC Mol Biol 8:13. 2007..GAPDH, Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate; B2M, Beta-2-microglobulin; HPRT1, Hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl-transferase I; SDHA, Succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit A; YWHAZ, Tyrosine 3-monooxygenase/tryptophan 5-monooxygenase activation ..
- Mitochondrial complex II participates in normoxic and hypoxic regulation of α-keto acids in the murine heartJörg Mühling
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Palliative Medicine, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:950-61. 2010..Protein amounts of SDHA, SDHB and SDHC, and SDH activity were distinctly reduced in SDHD(+/-) mice...
- Mutation of a nuclear succinate dehydrogenase gene results in mitochondrial respiratory chain deficiencyT Bourgeron
Unite de Recherches sur les Handicaps Genetiques de l Enfant, INSERM U 393, Institut Necker, Hopital des Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Nat Genet 11:144-9. 1995..This is the first report of a nuclear gene mutation causing a mitochondrial respiratory chain deficiency in humans...
- Compound heterozygous mutations in the flavoprotein gene of the respiratory chain complex II in a patient with Leigh syndromeB Parfait
INSERM U393, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Genet 106:236-43. 2000..So far, profound deficiencies in complex II activity resulting from mutations in the Fp gene of the SDH present only as LS, a striking observation in view of the ubiquitous expression of this typical housekeeping gene in humans...
- Homozygous Gly555Glu mutation in the nuclear-encoded 70 kDa flavoprotein gene causes instability of the respiratory chain complex IIRudy Van Coster
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology and Metabolism, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Am J Med Genet A 120:13-8. 2003..This observation prompts speculation of a labile interaction between Ip and Fp polypeptides and of a key role of the amino acid at position 555 in the interacting domain...
- Familial neonatal isolated cardiomyopathy caused by a mutation in the flavoprotein subunit of succinate dehydrogenaseAviva Levitas
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Eur J Hum Genet 18:1160-5. 2010..In this study, we present the association of a mutation in the SDHA gene with recessive neonatal isolated DCM in 15 patients of two large consanguineous Bedouin families...
- A role for mitochondrial enzymes in inherited neoplasia and beyondCharis Eng
Clinical Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Division of Human Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, 420 W 12th Avenue, Ste 690 TMRF, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 3:193-202. 2003..Understanding this link between inherited cancer syndromes and neurological disease could provide further insights into the mechanisms by which mitochondrial deficiencies lead to tumour development...
- Succinate dehydrogenase deficiency in humanJ J Brière
INSERM U676, Batiment Ecran, Hopital Robert Debre, 48, boulevard Serurier, 75019, Paris, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:2317-24. 2005..Mutations in the four genes, SDHA, B, C and D, have been reported, resulting in strikingly diverse clinical presentations...
- Leigh syndrome caused by mutations in the flavoprotein (Fp) subunit of succinate dehydrogenase (SDHA)R Horvath
Metabolic Disease Centre Munich Schwabing, Institute of Clinical Chemistry, Academic Hospital Schwabing, Kolner Platz 1, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:74-6. 2006..Biochemical measurement of skeletal muscle showed a severe decrease in mitochondrial complex II. Sequencing of SDHA revealed compound heterozygosity for a nonsense mutation in exon 4 (W119X) and a missense mutation in exon 3 (A83V),..
- The SDH mutation database: an online resource for succinate dehydrogenase sequence variants involved in pheochromocytoma, paraganglioma and mitochondrial complex II deficiencyJean Pierre Bayley
Department of Human Genetics, Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, P, O, Box 9503, 2300 RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Med Genet 6:39. 2005The SDHA, SDHB, SDHC and SDHD genes encode the subunits of succinate dehydrogenase (succinate: ubiquinone oxidoreductase), a component of both the Krebs cycle and the mitochondrial respiratory chain...
- Characterization of the succinate dehydrogenase-encoding gene cluster (sdh) from the rickettsia Coxiella burnetiiR A Heinzen
Department of Microbiology, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 4233, USA
Gene 155:27-34. 1995..6% for SdhD to a high of 61.2% for SdhA and SdhB. Primer extension identified transcription start points (tsp) for sdh and sucA...
- Succinate dehydrogenase gene arrangement and expression in Anaplasma phagocytophilumRobert F Massung
Rickettsial Zoonoses Branch, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Gene 414:41-8. 2008..The recently completed sequence of the A. phagocytophilum genome confirmed our findings and indicated that the sdhA and sdhB genes are duplicated in a tandem orientation, and located distant from the sdhC and sdhD genes...
- A proteomic study of Corynebacterium glutamicum AAA+ protease FtsHAlja Lüdke
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat zu Koln, Zülpicher Str, 47, 50674 Koln, Germany
BMC Microbiol 7:6. 2007..For the analysis of the membrane fraction, anion exchange chromatography was combined with SDS-PAGE, while the cytoplasmic protein fraction was studied by conventional two-dimensional gel electrophoresis...
- Fumarate reductase and succinate oxidase activity of Escherichia coli complex II homologs are perturbed differently by mutation of the flavin binding domainElena Maklashina
Molecular Biology Division, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 281:11357-65. 2006..there is a Glu (FrdA Glu-49) near the covalently bound FAD cofactor in most QFRs, which is replaced with a Gln (SdhA Gln-50) in SQRs...
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization of succinate: quinone reductase from Thermus thermophilusOlga Kolaj-Robin
Chemical and Environmental Sciences Department and Materials and Surface Science Institute, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1807:68-79. 2011..It consists of four polypeptides with apparent molecular masses of 64, 27, 14 and 15kDa, corresponding to SdhA (flavoprotein), SdhB (iron-sulfur protein), SdhC and SdhD (membrane anchor proteins), respectively...
- Preservation of RNA and destruction of infectivity in microdissected brain tissues of Lewis rats infected with the Borna disease virusDoris Porombka
Department of Pathology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Virol Methods 135:247-53. 2006..BDV-N) and the cellular genes glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), succinate-ubiquinone reductase (SDHA) and hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl-transferase-1 (HPRT) was measured by real-time RT-PCR and compared to BDV-infected ..
- The dual-functioning fumarate reductase is the sole succinate:quinone reductase in Campylobacter jejuni and is required for full host colonizationRebecca A Weingarten
Department of Microbiology, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 7615, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
J Bacteriol 191:5293-300. 2009..The sdhA::cat(+) strain exhibited wild-type levels of succinate dehydrogenase activity both in vivo and in vitro...
- Nuclear SDH2-1 and SDH2-2 genes, encoding the iron-sulfur subunit of mitochondrial complex II in Arabidopsis, have distinct cell-specific expression patterns and promoter activitiesAlvaro Elorza
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago, Chile
Plant Physiol 136:4072-87. 2004..To find clues about their role, we have undertaken a detailed analysis of their expression. Two genes (SDH2-1 and SDH2-2) that likely arose via a relatively recent duplication event are expressed in all organs from adult ..
- A rapid method for gene expression analysis of Borna disease virus in neurons and astrocytes using laser microdissection and real-time RT-PCRDoris Porombka
Department of Pathology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Virol Methods 148:58-65. 2008..different reference genes (glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase [GAPDH], succinate-ubiquinone reductase [SDHA], hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl-transferase-1 [HPRT]) were tested...
- Gene mutations in the succinate dehydrogenase subunit SDHB cause susceptibility to familial pheochromocytoma and to familial paragangliomaD Astuti
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 69:49-54. 2001..of two components of succinate dehydrogenase, SDHC and SDHD, anchor the gene products of two other components, SDHA and SDHB, which form the catalytic core, to the inner-mitochondrial membrane...
- Functional study in a yeast model of a novel succinate dehydrogenase subunit B gene germline missense mutation (C191Y) diagnosed in a patient affected by a glomus tumorPaola Goffrini
Department of Genetics, Biology of Microorganisms, Anthropology and Evolution, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 18:1860-8. 2009..The pathogenic significance of the human mutation was validated in a yeast model. SDH2(C184Y) mutant allele equivalent to human SDHB(C191Y) did not restore the OXPHOS phenotype of the Deltasdh2 null ..
- Insertion of transposon Tn5tac1 in the Sinorhizobium meliloti malate dehydrogenase (mdh) gene results in conditional polar effects on downstream TCA cycle genesSergiy I Dymov
Department of Natural Resource Sciences, McGill University, QC, Canada
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 17:1318-27. 2004..Cosmid clone pDS15 restored MDH activity to Rm30049, complemented both the mutant growth and symbiotic phenotypes, and was found to carry six complete (sdhB, mdh, sucCDAB) and two partial (IpdA, sdhA) tricarboxylic acid cycle genes.
- A nuclear gene encoding the iron-sulfur subunit of mitochondrial complex II is regulated by B3 domain transcription factors during seed development in ArabidopsisHannetz Roschzttardtz
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Plant Physiol 150:84-95. 2009..One of them, SUCCINATE DEHYDROGENASE2-3 (SDH2-3), is specifically expressed in the embryo during seed maturation, suggesting that SDH2-3 may have a role as the ..
- Pervasive survival of expressed mitochondrial rps14 pseudogenes in grasses and their relatives for 80 million years following three functional transfers to the nucleusHan Chuan Ong
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
BMC Evol Biol 6:55. 2006..the rps14 gene of three grasses (rice, maize, and wheat), which has been relocated to the intron of the nuclear sdh2 gene and which is expressed and targeted to the mitochondrion via alternative splicing and usage of the sdh2 ..
- Three different genes encode the iron-sulfur subunit of succinate dehydrogenase in Arabidopsis thalianaP Figueroa
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Plant Mol Biol 46:241-50. 2001..In Arabidopsis thaliana, the homologous protein is now found to be encoded by three nuclear genes. Two genes (sdh2-1 and sdh2-2) likely arose from a relatively recent duplication event since they have similar structures, encode ..
- The Hfq-dependent small noncoding RNA NrrF directly mediates Fur-dependent positive regulation of succinate dehydrogenase in Neisseria meningitidisMatteo M E Metruccio
Novartis Vaccines, Via Fiorentina 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Bacteriol 191:1330-42. 2009..Recently, a Fur-regulated sRNA, NrrF, was identified that is involved in the iron regulation of the sdhA and sdhC succinate dehydrogenase genes...
- The triad of paragangliomas, gastric stromal tumours and pulmonary chondromas (Carney triad), and the dyad of paragangliomas and gastric stromal sarcomas (Carney-Stratakis syndrome): molecular genetics and clinical implicationsC A Stratakis
Section on Endocrinology and Genetics, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, NICHD, NIH, Building 10, CRC, Room 1 3330, 10 Center Dr, MSC1103, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Intern Med 266:43-52. 2009..series of patients with CT, 34 females and three males (median age of presentation 21 years) who did not carry SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, KIT or PDGFRA gene mutations...
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate-ubiquinone reductase contains a stoichiometric amount of cytochrome b562K S Oyedotun
The Medical Research Council of Canada Group in the Molecular Biology of Membranes, Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton
FEBS Lett 442:203-7. 1999..reductase or succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) is a tetramer of non-equivalent subunits encoded by the SDH1, SDH2, SDH3, and SDH4 genes. In most organisms, SDH contains one or two endogenous b-type hemes...
- Genes encoding the same three subunits of respiratory complex II are present in the mitochondrial DNA of two phylogenetically distant eukaryotesG Burger
Program in Evolutionary Biology, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Departement de Biochimie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:2328-32. 1996..These complex II genes, sdh2, sdh3, and sdh4, are homologs, respectively, of Escherichia coli sdhB, sdhC, and sdhD. In E...
- Selection of reference genes for quantitative real-time PCR in a rat asphyxial cardiac arrest modelKristina Langnaese
Institute of Medical Neurobiology, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Str, 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 9:53. 2008..hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyl transferase; Pgk1, phosphoglycerate kinase 1; Rpl13a, ribosomal protein L13A; Sdha, succinat dehydrogenase complex, subunit a, flavoprotein (Fp); Tbp, TATA box binding protein; Ywhaz, tyrosine 3-..
- Subchronic exposure to arsenic decreased Sdha expression in the brain of miceYan Hong
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Dalian Medical University, No 9 Western Section of Lushun South Road, Dalian, Liaoning 116044, China
Neurotoxicology 30:538-43. 2009..Our results showed that immunoreactivity of 8-OHdG increased remarkably. Succinate dehydrogenase subunit A (Sdha), ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase gene (Uqcr), cytochrome oxidase genes (Cox6a2, Cox17) and ATP Synthase ..
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae TCM62 gene encodes a chaperone necessary for the assembly of the mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase (complex II)E Dibrov
Medical Research Council of Canada Group in the Molecular Biology of Membranes, Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 273:32042-8. 1998..SDH is encoded by the SDH1, SDH2, SDH3, and SDH4 genes. The holoenzyme is composed of two domains...
- Succinate dehydrogenase in Arabidopsis thaliana is regulated by light via phytochrome AVasily N Popov
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Physiology, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
FEBS Lett 584:199-202. 2010..The white or red light were found to be down-regulating factors for the mRNA content of the sdh1-2 and sdh2-3 genes and SDH catalytic activity both in A...
- Cytopathies involving mitochondrial complex IIBrian A C Ackrell
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Molecular Biology Division, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Mol Aspects Med 23:369-84. 2002..oxidoreductase) is the smallest complex in the respiratory chain and contains four nuclear-encoded subunits SdhA, SdhB, SdhC, and SdhD. It functions both as a respiratory chain component and an essential enzyme of the TCA cycle...
- Transcriptional Regulation of SDHa flavoprotein by nuclear respiratory factor-1 prevents pseudo-hypoxia in aerobic cardiac cellsClaude A Piantadosi
Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine and the Durham Veteran s Administration Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10967-77. 2008..NRF-1 was found to bind to the gene promoters of two of four nuclear-encoded Complex II subunits: SDHa and SDHd, but the enzyme activity was dynamically regulated through the catalytic SDHa flavoprotein...
- Validation of adequate endogenous reference genes for the normalisation of qPCR gene expression data in human post mortem tissueAntje Koppelkamm
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Freiburg, Albertstr 9, 79104, Freiburg, Germany
Int J Legal Med 124:371-80. 2010..Considering cardiac muscle tissue, CYCA and TBP were identified as the most stable while in skeletal muscle tissue, SDHA and TBP, and in brain tissue, SDHA and HMBS turned out to be the most stable...
- [Dental knowledge and evaluation of school dental care by school graduates in Berne canton]O Kronenberg
Universitat Bern, Klinik für Zahnerhaltung, Präventiv und Kinderzahnmedizin, Freiburgstr 7, 3010 Bern
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 111:948-56. 2001..Besides parents and the family, dentists and specifically trained auxiliaries (school dental health assistants, SDHA) were found to play a central role in the mediation of theoretical knowledge and in the practical instruction of ..
- Identification of valid reference genes for the normalization of RT qPCR gene expression data in human brain tissueDavid T R Coulson
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen s University Belfast, Whitla Medical Building, Belfast, BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, UK
BMC Mol Biol 9:46. 2008..Given that expression of some commonly used reference genes is altered in certain conditions, this study aimed to establish which reference genes were stably expressed in post mortem brain tissue from individuals with AD, PD or DLB...
- Transcription of Corynebacterium glutamicum genes involved in tricarboxylic acid cycle and glyoxylate cycleSung Ok Han
Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth, Kyoto, Japan
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 15:264-76. 2008..Northern hybridizations revealed that gltA-fkb, odhA-orfA, sucC-sucD, sdhC-sdhA-sdhB-orfB and mdh-orfC were transcribed as polycistronic mRNAs of size 1.9, 4.5, 2.5, 4.0 and 1.7 kb, respectively...
- Diversity of Francisella species in environmental samples from Martha's Vineyard, MassachusettsZenda L Berrada
Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA, USA
Microb Ecol 59:277-83. 2010..by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) targeting Francisella species 16S rRNA gene and succinate dehydrogenase A (sdhA) sequences; evidence of the agent of tularemia was sought by amplification of Francisella tularensis-specific ..
- Selection of housekeeping genes for gene expression studies in human reticulocytes using real-time PCRNicholas Silver
Molecular Haematology, Division of Gene and Cell Based Therapy, King s College London School of Medicine at King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9PJ, UK
BMC Mol Biol 7:33. 2006..On this basis, stability of the candidate housekeeping genes was ranked according to repeatability of the gene expression differences among 31 samples...
- Cellular responses and proteomic analysis of Escherichia coli exposed to green tea polyphenolsY S Cho
Department of Biotechnology, Soonchunhyang University, PO Box 97, Asan, Chung Nam 336 600, Republic of Korea
Curr Microbiol 55:501-6. 2007..was downregulated by exposure to TPP (including proteins involved in carbon and energy metabolism, such as Eno, SdhA, and UgpQ, as well as those involved in amino-acid biosynthesis, such as GltK and TyrB)...
- A nuclear gene for the iron-sulfur subunit of mitochondrial complex II is specifically expressed during Arabidopsis seed development and germinationAlvaro Elorza
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago
Plant Cell Physiol 47:14-21. 2006Three nuclear genes, SDH2-1, SDH2-2 and SDH2-3, encode the essential iron-sulfur subunit of mitochondrial complex II in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Quality of life and prognosis in heart failure: results of the Beta-Blocker Evaluation of Survival Trial (BEST)Charles W Tate
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Card Fail 13:732-7. 2007..The goal of the current study was to determine the relationship between the different questionnaires, assess the effect of treatment on health status, and evaluate the association between changes in health status and prognosis...
- Reliable transcript quantification by real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction in primary neuroblastoma using normalization to averaged expression levels of the control genes HPRT1 and SDHAMatthias Fischer
University Children s Hospital Cologne, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50924 Cologne, Germany
J Mol Diagn 7:89-96. 2005..stability of six supposed control genes was evaluated in 64 samples of primary neuroblastoma and HPRT1 and SDHA mRNA levels were shown to exhibit the least expression variability among the samples...
- Relative quantification of mRNA: comparison of methods currently used for real-time PCR data analysisStefan Cikos
Institute of Animal Physiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Soltesovej 4, 04001 Kosice, Slovakia
BMC Mol Biol 8:113. 2007..Fluorescent data obtained from real-time PCR must be processed by some method of data analysis to obtain the relative quantity of target mRNA. The method chosen for data analysis can strongly influence results of the quantification...
- Physical and transcript map of the dominant optic atrophy (OPA1) gene critical region at 3q28-q29J T Behnam
Division of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Guy s Hospital, London, SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Genomics 72:213-6. 2001..We found the OPA1 critical interval to be 450-550 kb. It contains 2 known genes, RPL35a and SDHA, which thus constitute candidate genes.
- Reference gene for primary culture of prostate cancer cellsAline Francielle Damo Souza
Laboratório de Biologia Molecular Endócrina e Tumoral, Departamento de Fisiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Sarmento Leite 500, 2º andar, laboratório 09, Porto Alegre, RS 90050 170, Brazil
Mol Biol Rep 40:2955-62. 2013..hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase 1 (HPRT1); succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit A, flavoprotein (Fp) (SDHA); TATA box binding protein (TBP); ubiquitin C (UBC); tyrosine 3-monooxygenase/tryptophan 5-monooxygenase activation ..
- Technical note: validation of internal control genes for gene expression analysis in bovine polymorphonuclear leukocytesA De Ketelaere
Department of Physiology and Biometrics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 89:4066-9. 2006..In this study, 8 commonly used reference genes (ACT, GAPD, H2A, TBP, HPRT1, SDHA, YWHAZ, and 18S rRNA) were evaluated in bovine polymorphonuclear leukocytes...
- Immunohistochemical loss of succinate dehydrogenase subunit A (SDHA) in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) signals SDHA germline mutationMarkku Miettinen
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 37:234-40. 2013..More recently, germline mutations in SDH subunit A gene (SDHA) have also been reported in few patients with KIT/PDGFRA wild-type GISTs...
- Gene expression studies in prostate cancer tissue: which reference gene should be selected for normalization?Falk Ohl
Department of Urology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:1014-24. 2005..Expression of mRNA encoding ACTB, ALAS1, ALB, B2M, G6PD, GAPD, HMBS, HPRT1, K-ALPHA-1, POLR2A, PPIA, RPL13A, SDHA, TBP, UBC, and YWHAZ was examined in matched, microdissected malignant and nonmalignant tissue specimens obtained ..
- Calcium signalling-dependent mitochondrial dysfunction and bioenergetics regulation in respiratory chain Complex II deficiencyE Mbaya
INSERM U 807, Paris, F 75015 France
Cell Death Differ 17:1855-66. 2010..These results revealed the primary function for Ca(2+) signalling in the control of mitochondrial dysfunction and cellular bioenergetics outcomes linked to respiratory chain Complex II deficiency...
- Characterisation of Phaseolus symbionts isolated from Mediterranean soils and analysis of genetic factors related to pH toleranceU B Priefer
RWTH Aachen, Okologie des Bodens, Worringer Weg 1, 52056, Aachen, Germany
J Biotechnol 91:223-36. 2001..low pH tolerance were found to be mutated in genes related to cobalmin biosynthesis and in succinate dehydrogenase (sdhA)...
- Hereditary paraganglioma/pheochromocytoma and inherited succinate dehydrogenase deficiencyJudith Favier
Département de génétique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris V and INSERM U36, College de France, France
Horm Res 63:171-9. 2005..Germline succinate dehydrogenase subunit A (SDHA) mutations have been reported in a few patients with a classical mitochondrial neurodegenerative disease...
- Malate and fumarate extend lifespan in Caenorhabditis elegansClare B Edwards
Department of Cell Biology, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology, University of South Florida Tampa, Florida, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e58345. 2013..malate addition did not occur in fumarase (fum-1), glyoxylate shunt (gei-7), succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein (sdha-2), or soluble fumarate reductase F48E8.3 RNAi knockdown worms...
- Identification of cell-specific patterns of reference gene stability in quantitative reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction studies of embryonic, placental and neural stem models of prenatal ethanol exposureMindy N Carnahan
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Alcohol 47:109-20. 2013..This list included: Actb, B2m, Gapdh, Gusb, H2afz, Hk2, Hmbs, Hprt, Mrpl1, Pgk1, Ppia, Sdha, Tbp, and Ywhaz...
- Genetics and molecular pathogenesis of pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaS R Galan
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Faculty of Medicine, Philipp s University Marburg, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 78:165-75. 2013..gene (NF1), genes encoding the succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) complex subunits SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD, but also SDHA, the gene encoding the enzyme responsible for the flavination of SDHA (SDHAF2 or hSDH5), and the newly described ..
- Integrative genomics reveals frequent somatic NF1 mutations in sporadic pheochromocytomasJenny Welander
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 21:5406-16. 2012..of copy number alterations, gene expression, promoter methylation and somatic mutations in the genes RET, VHL, NF1, SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SDHAF2, KIF1Bβ, TMEM127 and MAX, which have been associated with hereditary pheochromocytoma or ..
- Nucleotide sequence encoding the iron-sulphur protein subunit of the succinate dehydrogenase of Escherichia coliM G Darlison
Biochem J 223:507-17. 1984..It is separated by a 15 base-pair intergenic region from the preceding flavoprotein gene (sdhA) and is the distal gene of an operon that also includes genes (sdhC and D) encoding two hydrophobic subunits, ..
- Expression of reference genes and T helper 17 associated cytokine genes in the equine intestinal tractBernt Hjertner
Section of Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, P O Box 588, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
Vet J 197:817-23. 2013..phosphoribosyltransferase (HPRT), 60S ribosomal protein L32 (RPL32), succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit A (SDHA) and transferrin receptor 1 protein coding (TFRC)in the equine intestine was evaluated by quantitative PCR...
- Loss of expression of SDHA predicts SDHA mutations in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsAndrew J Wagner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Mod Pathol 26:289-94. 2013..Because of the complexity of its locus (15 exons) and the presence of three pseudogenes, SDHA is rarely analyzed...
- Spatial distribution of cellular function: the partitioning of proteins between mitochondria and the nucleus in MCF7 breast cancer cellsAmal T Qattan
Proteomics and Molecular Cell Dynamics, Division of Medicine, School of Life and Medical Sciences, University College London, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill Street NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
J Proteome Res 11:6080-101. 2012..g., NDUFA5, NDUFB10, NDUFS1, NDUF2, SDHA, UQRB, UQRC2, UQCRH, COX5A, COX5B, MT-CO2, ATP5A1, ATP5B, ATP5H, etc...
- Identification of a signaling axis HIF-1α/microRNA-210/ISCU independent of SDH mutation that defines a subgroup of head and neck paragangliomasAnna Merlo
Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias, Centro General, C Celestino Villamil S N, E 33006 Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E2194-200. 2012..but about one third result from germline mutations in succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) genes (SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SDHA, or SDHAF2)...
- Bayesian modeling of reproducibility and robustness of RNA reverse transcription and quantitative real-time polymerase chain reactionJere Lindén
Department of Food Hygiene and Environmental Health, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Anal Biochem 428:81-91. 2012..The transcription efficiencies of two of the measured reference genes (Actb and Sdha) lacked covariance with the general RT efficiency and showed poor reproducibility...
- The aerobic respiratory chain of Escherichia coli: from genes to supercomplexesPedro M F Sousa
ECO BIO, Instituto de Investigação Científica Tropical, Av da República EAN 2784 505 Oeiras, Portugal
Microbiology 158:2408-18. 2012..and complex I (NDH-1), alternative NADH : quinone oxidoreductase (NDH-2) and cytochrome bdI, and also between sdhA and appC, encoding succinate dehydrogenase and cytochrome bdII, respectively...
- Intraabdominal adhesion formation is associated with differential mRNA expression of metabolic genes PDHb and SDHaMarkus Wallwiener
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Heidelberg University Hospital, Vossstr 9, 69115, Heidelberg, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 286:683-6. 2012..We therefore investigated the gene expression of HIF-1 and two pivotal metabolic genes, pyruvate-dehydrogenaseβ (PDHb) and succinate-dehydrogenase-complex-subunit-A (SDHa) in a validated ischemia model of adhesion formation.
- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma: understanding the complexities of the genetic backgroundLauren Fishbein
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Diabetes and Metabolism, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer Genet 205:1-11. 2012..Mutations in any of the succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) complex subunit genes (SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD) can lead to PCCs and PGLs with variable penetrance, as can mutations in the subunit cofactor, ..
- Biallelic inactivation of the SDHC gene in renal carcinoma associated with paraganglioma syndrome type 3Angelica Malinoc
Department of Nephrology and General Medicine Pathology, University Medical Center, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:283-90. 2012..and pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma syndrome (PGL) associated with mutations in one of the four genes (SDHA-D) encoding succinate dehydrogenase...
- An update on the genetics of paraganglioma, pheochromocytoma, and associated hereditary syndromesA P Gimenez-Roqueplo
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Genetique, 20 rue Leblanc, Paris, France
Horm Metab Res 44:328-33. 2012..cases of pheochromocytoma and/or paraganglioma and 10-20% sporadic cases carry germline mutations in VHL, RET, NF1, SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SDHAF2, TMEM127, or MAX...
- Identification and characterization of genes related to the production of organic acids in yeastSatoshi Yoshida
Central Laboratories for Frontier Technology, Kirin Holdings Co, Ltd, 1 13 5 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 113:556-61. 2012..LIP5, LSM1, PHO85, PLM2, RTG1, RTG2 and UBP3, and also succinate dehydrogenase-related genes including EMI5, SDH1, SDH2, SDH4, TCM62 and YDR379C-A...
- Head and neck paragangliomas: genetic spectrum and clinical variability in 79 consecutive patientsValentina Piccini
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, University of Florence, 50139 Florence, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:149-55. 2012..Overall, 79 consecutive patients with HNPGL were examined for mutations in SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SDHAF2, VHL, MAX, and TMEM127 genes by PCR/sequencing...
- Selection of reference genes for gene expression studies in porcine skeletal muscle using SYBR green qPCRXiaoting Feng
Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University No 1, Lion Hill Street, Wuhan, Hubei 430070, PR China
J Biotechnol 150:288-93. 2010..However, PPIA, HPRT and SDHA were suitable for skeletal muscle of western pigs while PPIA, eEF-1γ and HPRT for indigenous Chinese pigs...
- Reference gene validation for qPCR on normoxia- and hypoxia-cultured human dermal fibroblasts exposed to UVA: is β-actin a reliable normalizer for photoaging studies?F Bruge
Dipartimento Scienze Cliniche Specialistiche ed Odotontostomatologiche, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, I 60131 Ancona, Italy
J Biotechnol 156:153-62. 2011..GAPDH/SDHA were found to be the most stable genes under normoxia, while SDHA/TBP or HPRT1/β2M were the most stable ones under ..
- Validation of reference genes for estimating wound age in contused rat skeletal muscle by quantitative real-time PCRJun Hong Sun
Department of Forensic Pathology, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan 030001, Shanxi, People s Republic of China
Int J Legal Med 126:113-20. 2012..This study examined the transcriptional stability of nine potential reference genes (β-actin, GAPDH, RPL32, PGK1, SDHA, RPL13, HPRT, Tbp, and Ywhaz) in contused rat skeletal muscle by RT-qPCR...
- The cytotoxic early protein 77 of mycobacteriophage L5 interacts with MSMEG_3532, an L-serine dehydratase of Mycobacterium smegmatisJan Rybniker
1st Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Basic Microbiol 51:515-22. 2011..An enzymatic assay identified this host protein as a pyridoxal-5'-phosphate-dependent L-serine dehydratase (SdhA) which converts L-serine to pyruvate...
- Evaluation of reference genes for real-time PCR studies of Brazilian Somalis sheep infected by gastrointestinal nematodesLilian Giotto Zaros
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN Brazil
Genet Mol Biol 33:486-90. 2010..protein LO (RPLO), glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) and succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit A (SDHA), were investigated in the abomasum, abomasal lymph nodes and small intestine of Brazilian Somalis sheep, either ..
- Tissue-specific selection of reference genes is required for expression studies in the mouse model of maternal protein undernutritionE S Lucas
School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Theriogenology 76:558-69. 2011..undernutrition, we have investigated the stability of seven commonly used reference genes (18s, Hprt1, Pgk1, Ppib, Sdha, Tbp and Tuba1) in a variety of offspring tissues including liver, kidney, heart, retro-peritoneal and inter-..
- SDHA loss-of-function mutations in KIT-PDGFRA wild-type gastrointestinal stromal tumors identified by massively parallel sequencingMaria A Pantaleo
Department of Hematology and Oncological Sciences L A Seragnoli, Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:983-7. 2011..mutations in SDHB and SDHC (which encode succinate dehydrogenase subunits B and C, respectively) but not in SDHA and SDHD (which encode subunits A and D, respectively) were identified in KIT/PDGFRA wild-type GISTs...
- 194 expression of stanniocalcin family genes during preimplantation stage bovine embryo developmentS Mamo
University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:197-8. 2011..The expression of STC1, STC2, and reference genes (YWHAZ, PPIA, SDHA) was examined...
- Stability of expression of reference genes in porcine peripheral blood mononuclear and dendritic cellsMarina R Facci
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon S7N5E3, Canada
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 141:11-5. 2011..of the porcine genes glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit A (SDHA), eukaryotic elongation factor 1 gamma-like protein (eEF1), ribosomal protein L19 (RPL19), beta-actin (ACTB) and ..
- Suitable reference gene selection for different strains and developmental stages of the carmine spider mite, Tetranychus cinnabarinus, using quantitative real-time PCRW Sun
Key Laboratory of Entomology and Pest Control Engineering, College of Plant Protection, Southwest University, Chongqing 400716, PR China
J Insect Sci 10:208. 2010..8SrRNA, α-TUB, GAPDH, RPL13a, RPS18, TBP, SDHA) were cloned and investigated to find the most stable candidates for normalizing real-time PCR data generated from ..
- Identification of stable and oestrus cycle-independent housekeeping genes in the rat mammary gland and other tissuesHenning Hvid
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Vet J 190:103-8. 2011..In the mammary gland samples, three HKGs (Sdha, Tbp, and Atp5b) were identified as the optimal combination of stably expressed genes across oestrus cycle phases...
- Serine and threonine catabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: the CHA1 polypeptide is homologous with other serine and threonine dehydratasesC Bornaes
Department of Yeast Genetics, Copenhagen Valby, Denmark
Genetics 131:531-9. 1992..Thus, the amino acid sequence of rat liver serine dehydratase (SDH2) and the CHA1 polypeptide are 44% homologous allowing for conservative substitutions, while 36% similarity is found ..
- Suitable reference genes for quantitative real-time rt-pcr in total RNA extracted from canine whole blood using the PAXgene™ systemNaoki Chimura
The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 73:1101-4. 2011..The results indicated that SDHA, CG14980 and TBP were the most stably expressed genes, which can be used as optimal reference genes for gene ..
- Genome-wide screen identifies Escherichia coli TCA-cycle-related mutants with extended chronological lifespan dependent on acetate metabolism and the hypoxia-inducible transcription factor ArcAStavros Gonidakis
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Aging Cell 9:868-81. 2010..Extended lifespan in the sdhA mutant, lacking subunit A of succinate dehydrogenase, is associated with the reduced production of superoxide and ..
- Genetics and clinical characteristics of hereditary pheochromocytomas and paragangliomasJenny Welander
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:R253-76. 2011..also covers the most recently discovered susceptibility genes including KIF1Bβ, EGLN1/PHD2, SDHAF2, TMEM127, SDHA, and MAX, as well as a comparison with the sporadic form...
- Variation in stability of housekeeping genes in endometrium of healthy and polycystic ovarian syndrome womenK H Sadek
Human Development and Health Unit, University of Southampton Faculty of Medicine, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Hum Reprod 27:251-6. 2012..In order to test this, the present study investigated the expression of specific HKG in the endometrium of healthy and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) women...
- The cDNA sequence of the flavoprotein subunit of human heart succinate dehydrogenaseA A Morris
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1185:125-8. 1994..The human sequence, like the bovine one, contains a cysteine triplet and at the active site there is an additional cysteine when compared with yeast or prokaryotes...
- Isolation and characterization of the Rickettsia prowazekii gene encoding the flavoprotein subunit of succinate dehydrogenaseZ Aliabadi
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile 36688
Gene 133:135-40. 1993The gene (sdhA) coding for the flavoprotein subunit (SdhA) of succinate dehydrogenase of the obligate intracellular parasitic bacterium, Rickettsia prowazekii, has been isolated using an oligodeoxyribonucleotide probe to the conserved ..
- A succinate dehydrogenase with novel structure and properties from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus acidocaldarius: genetic and biophysical characterizationS Janssen
Institute of Biochemistry, Medical University of Lubeck, Germany
J Bacteriol 179:5560-9. 1997The sdh operon of Sulfolobus acidocaldarius DSM 639 is composed of four genes coding for the 63.1-kDa flavoprotein (SdhA), the 36.5-kDa iron-sulfur protein (SdhB), and the 32.1-kDa SdhC and 14.1-kDa SdhD subunits...
- Promoter analysis of the human succinate dehydrogenase iron-protein gene--both nuclear respiratory factors NRF-1 and NRF-2 are requiredH C Au
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0322, USA
Eur J Biochem 251:164-74. 1998..Its gene, SDH2, is one of the four nuclear-encoded genes for this complex...
- Localization of histidine residues responsible for heme axial ligation in cytochrome b556 of complex II (succinate:ubiquinone oxidoreductase) in Escherichia coliC R Vibat
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign 61801, USA
Biochemistry 37:4148-59. 1998..the subunits (SDHC and SDHD) are hydrophobic and anchor the two more hydrophilic (flavin and iron-sulfur) subunits (SDHA and SDHB) to the cytoplasmic membrane...
- Characterization of the human SDHC gene encoding of the integral membrane proteins of succinate-quinone oxidoreductase in mitochondriaA Elbehti-Green
Department of Biology, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093 0322, USA
Gene 213:133-40. 1998..Their respective genes in mammals are SDHA, SDHB, SDHC and SDHD) in order of decreasing molecular weights of the peptides...
- Control of mRNA turnover as a mechanism of glucose repression in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeI E Scheffler
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0322, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 30:1175-93. 1998..A discovery made originally with the transcript of the SDH2 gene prompted an investigation of post-transcriptional mechanisms, and more specifically a study of the turnover ..
- Decreased SLIM1 expression and increased gelsolin expression in failing human hearts measured by high-density oligonucleotide arraysJ Yang
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Center for Anesthesiology Research, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Circulation 102:3046-52. 2000..Thus, expression of multiple classes of genes is likely to be altered in human heart failure...
- Phenotypic dichotomy in mitochondrial complex II genetic disordersB E Baysal
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3811 O Hara Street R1445, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 79:495-503. 2001..is the smallest complex in the respiratory chain and is composed of four subunits encoded by nuclear genes SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD...
- The role of the 5' untranslated region (UTR) in glucose-dependent mRNA decayBernard J de la Cruz
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0322, USA
Yeast 19:887-902. 2002When S. cerevisiae are grown with glucose, SDH2 mRNA encoding the iron protein of the succinate dehydrogenase complex is unstable and present at low level. In yeast grown without glucose, SDH2 mRNA is stable and its level rises...
- The four subunits of mitochondrial respiratory complex II are encoded by multiple nuclear genes and targeted to mitochondria in Arabidopsis thalianaPablo Figueroa
Departamento de Genética Molecular y Microbiologá, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Plant Mol Biol 50:725-34. 2002Mitochondrial respiratory complex II contains four subunits: a flavoprotein (SDHI), an iron-sulphur subunit (SDH2) and two membrane anchor subunits (SDH3 and SDH4)...
- Rgg regulates growth phase-dependent expression of proteins associated with secondary metabolism and stress in Streptococcus pyogenesMichelle A Chaussee
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, University of South Dakota College of Medicine, Lee Medical Building, 414 East Clark Street, Vermillion, SD 57069 2390, USA
J Bacteriol 186:7091-9. 2004..regulation of enzymes involved in the metabolism of arginine (ArcABC), histidine (HutI), and serine (SdhA) was abrogated in the rgg mutant strain, which synthesized the proteins in the exponential phase of growth...
- MOLEC GENETICS OF COMPLEX I IN MAMMALIAN MITOCHONDRIAImmo Scheffler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such mice promise to become model systems for mitochondrial diseases. 5) Known cDNAs will be tested to identify the defective gene in the other four complementation groups with complex I defects. ..
- Perpetuation of Francisella tularensisSam Telford; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together, these observations will provide a basis for understanding how the agent of tularemia is perpetuated on Martha's Vineyard, and why pneumonic human disease is prevalent there. ..
- Perpetuation of Francisella tularensisSam R Telford; Fiscal Year: 2010..Taken together, these observations will provide a basis for understanding how the agent of tularemia is perpetuated on Martha's Vineyard, and why pneumonic human disease is prevalent there. ..
- Proximal determinants of risk for tularemia outbreaksSam Telford; Fiscal Year: 2004..tularensis in the environment; and, ultimately, a better understanding of F. tularensis-host interactions. ..
- RESPIRATORY AND METABOLIC ADAPTATION TO CELLULAR HYPOXIAPaul Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2006..Collectively, these studies will provide a more conclusive test of the hypothesis that mitochondrial ROS are the site of 02 sensing responsible for HIF-1 activation and gene expression during hypoxia. ..
- Real-Time Imaging of Hypoxia based on VHL ActivityWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such mice could be used to study diseases characterized by the presence of hypoxic cells, such as cancer, and could also be used to monitor pharmacodynamic effects of agents that alter tissue oxygenation and/or modulate HIF. ..
- O2 SENSING BY MITOCHONDRIA DURING INTERMITTENT HYPOXIAPaul Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2003..Collectively, these studies could identify a novel mechanism of O2 sensing in the lung, and provide a mechanistic explanation for the activation of gene transcritpion and cellular proliferation during intermittent hypoxia. ..
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis in sepsisCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Respiratory and Metabolic Adaptation to HypoxiaPaul T Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies will provide new information regarding the mechanisms of oxygen sensing in cells, which is important in normal tissues and in disease states. ..
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis in sepsisClaude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis in sepsisCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Analysis of the Von Hippel-Lindau ProteinWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2007..This, in turn, is leading to new drugs that might be useful in diseases such as heart attack and stroke that are characterized by impaired oxygen delivery to tissues. ..
- Lung Injury Protection by Coagulation BlockadeCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2007..A successfully optimized strategy could greatly attenuate persistence of pulmonary inflammation and facilitate the resolution of human ARDS. ..
- A Luciferase Fusion Protein Library to Identify & Monitor Ubiquitylation TargetsWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Reisolation of HIF in aims 2 and 3 would constitute proof of concept with respect to the potential utility of this approach. ..
- Functional Analysis of the von Hippel Lindau ProteinWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Identification of additional proteins that bind to, and are regulated by, pVHL is the goal of specific aim 4. ..
- MICROVASCULAR CONTROL OF 02 EXTRACTION IN HYPOXIAPaul Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 1993..This work will clarify and quantify the relationships among capillary surface area, microvascular flow heterogeneity, and the ability of tissues to maintain supply-independent VO2 in the face of limited O2 delivery...
- CORE--PRIMATE STUDIESCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2004..subproject abstract not available ..
- OXYGEN SENSING AND CELL SIGNALING IN HYPOXIAPaul Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will identify a novel pathway of cellular O2 detection, and may help clarify understanding of how cells adapt to lowered O2 conditions. ..
- RESPIRATORY AND METABOLIC ADAPTATION TO CELLULAR HYPOXIAPaul Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF THE VON HIPPEL/LINDAU PROTEINWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2000..Furthermore, these cDNAs will likely be invaluable reagents for further exploring the functional significance of pVHL binding to these two proteins. ..
- Epigenetic Regulation of Mitochondiral Complex IIBora Baysal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the molecular basis of imprinting in PGL may provide general insights on how differential expression of a single defective gene can lead to disease or normalcy. ..