Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SCUBE1
Description: signal peptide, CUB domain, EGF-like 1
Alias: signal peptide, CUB and EGF-like domain-containing protein 1, signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related 1
- Cloning, mapping, and expression analysis of a gene encoding a novel mammalian EGF-related protein (SCUBE1)S Grimmond
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, OX11 0RD, United Kingdom
Genomics 70:74-81. 2000..The Scube1 (signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related 1) gene was isolated from a developing mouse urogenital ridge cDNA library ..
- Genetic variation within the anticoagulant, procoagulant, fibrinolytic and innate immunity pathways as risk factors for venous thromboembolismJ A Heit
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Thromb Haemost 9:1133-42. 2011..Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is highly heritable (estimated heritability [h(2)]=0.62) and likely to be a result of multigenic action...
- SCUBE1, a novel developmental gene involved in renal regeneration and repairJunli Zhuang
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University and the Australian Stem Cell Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1421-8. 2010We have identified that a novel developmental gene and protein, SCUBE1, is expressed in endothelial cells and may play an important role in kidney regeneration.
- Scube1 is expressed during facial development in the mouseGuilheme M Xavier
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 312:518-24. 2009b>Scube1 encodes a secreted plasma membrane-associated protein characterized by a N-terminal signal peptide sequence, multiple EGF domains, a N-linked glycosylated spacer region and a C-terminal CUB region...
- Plasma concentration of SCUBE1, a novel platelet protein, is elevated in patients with acute coronary syndrome and ischemic strokeDao Fu Dai
Section of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2173-80. 2008This study investigates the potential application of plasma SCUBE1 [signal peptide-CUB (complement C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor)-like domain-containing protein 1] as a biomarker of platelet activation in acute ..
- Domain and functional analysis of a novel platelet-endothelial cell surface protein, SCUBE1Cheng Fen Tu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road, Sec 2, Taipei 115
J Biol Chem 283:12478-88. 2008b>SCUBE1 (signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1) is a novel, secreted, cell surface glycoprotein expressed during early embryogenesis and found in platelet and endothelial cells...
- Transcriptional profiling of inductive mesenchyme to identify molecules involved in prostate development and diseaseGriet Vanpoucke
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queens Medical Research Institute, Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Genome Biol 8:R213. 2007..We used serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) to profile a key subset of prostatic mesenchyme that regulates prostate development and is enriched for growth-regulatory molecules...
- Localization and characterization of a novel secreted protein SCUBE1 in human plateletsCheng Fen Tu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, and Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Res 71:486-95. 2006..was to investigate the protein expression and function of a novel secreted protein in the vascular system, named SCUBE1 for signal peptide, CUB (Complement proteins C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1) and epidermal growth factor-like (EGF)-like ..
- A novel secreted, cell-surface glycoprotein containing multiple epidermal growth factor-like repeats and one CUB domain is highly expressed in primary osteoblasts and bonesBo Tsung Wu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 279:37485-90. 2004..Together, this novel secreted, cell-surface osteoblast protein may act locally and/or distantly through a proteolytic mechanism, and may play an important role in bone cell biology...
- Bridging expressed sequence alignments through targeted cDNA sequencingHanqing Xie
Compugen, Inc, 7 Center Drive, Suite 9, Jamesburg, NJ 08831, USA
Genomics 83:572-6. 2004..Additional information about the contig pairs, the resultant overlapping sequences, tissue sources, and tissue profiles are available in a supplemental file...
- Identification of a novel family of cell-surface proteins expressed in human vascular endotheliumRuey Bing Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 277:46364-73. 2002..harboring 10 epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like domains and one CUB domain at the carboxyl terminus (termed, SCUBE1 for Signal peptide-CUB-EGF-like domain containing protein 1) was identified...
- Identification and initial characterization of 5000 expressed sequenced tags (ESTs) each from adult human normal and osteoarthritic cartilage cDNA librariesS Kumar
Department of Musculoskeletal Diseases, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, 709 Swedeland Rd, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9:641-53. 2001..To prepare, sequence and analyse adult human cartilage cDNA libraries to study the gene expression pattern between normal and osteoarthritic cartilage...
- Expression of a novel mammalian epidermal growth factor-related gene during mouse neural developmentS Grimmond
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, OX11 0RD, Didcot, UK
Mech Dev 102:209-11. 2001We have recently reported the preliminary characterisation of a novel EGF-related gene, Scube1 (signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related, gene 1), that is expressed prominently in the developing gonad, nervous system, somites, surface ..
- Replication of GWAS-identified systemic lupus erythematosus susceptibility genes affirms B-cell receptor pathway signalling and strengthens the role of IRF5 in disease susceptibility in a Northern European populationTiina M Järvinen
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Halsovagen 7 9, S 14183 Huddinge, Sweden
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:87-92. 2012..In this study, we sought to replicate some of these results in Finnish SLE patients (n = 275) and control individuals (n = 356)...
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the incidence of VTE has remained relatively constant at about 1 per 1000 since 1980. Clearly, better methods of targeting VTE prophylaxis are needed. ..
- Mayo Clinic Vascular Medicine Clinical Research Training ProgramJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, this research will teach doctors how to discover new causes of diseases of arteries, veins and lymph vessels, as well as new ways to prevent and treat these diseases. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM IN THE COMMUNITYJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2007..This data will provide insights regarding the effect of new prophylaxis drugs on VTE incidence and why some but not most high-risk patients develop VTE, and test the effect of outpatient LMWH therapy on VTE recurrence. ..
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the incidence of VTE has remained relatively constant at about 1 per 1000 since 1980. Clearly, better methods of targeting VTE prophylaxis are needed. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM IN THE COMMUNITYJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the investigators will plan to extend their analysis of current VTE in relationship to use of standard heparin and low molecular weight heparin. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM IN THE COMMUNITYJohn A Heit; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study aims to prevent these deaths by identifying the individual person at high risk and preventing venous thromboembolism. ..