Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SCUBE1
Description: signal peptide, CUB domain, EGF-like 1
Alias: signal peptide, CUB and EGF-like domain-containing protein 1, signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related 1
- Cloning, mapping, and expression analysis of a gene encoding a novel mammalian EGF-related protein (SCUBE1)S Grimmond
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, OX11 0RD, United Kingdom
Genomics 70:74-81. 2000..The Scube1 (signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related 1) gene was isolated from a developing mouse urogenital ridge cDNA library ..
- Paracrine Hedgehog increases the steroidogenic potential of prostate stromal cells in a Gli-dependent mannerElina Levina
South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Prostate 72:817-24. 2012..that hedgehog agonist treatment induced in these cells expressions of hedgehog target genes (Gli1, Ptch1, and SCUBE1) plus a specific cadre of genes involved in cholesterol/steroid biosynthesis, metabolism, and transport...
- Scube activity is necessary for Hedgehog signal transduction in vivoJacque Lynne F A Johnson
Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Dev Biol 368:193-202. 2012..1996; Wolff et al., 2003). Here we present the discovery of two additional scube genes in zebrafish, scube1 and scube3, and demonstrate their roles in facilitating HH signal transduction...
- Signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) level in hemodialysis patients and parameters affecting that levelSukru Ulusoy
Department of Nephrology, Karadeniz Technical University, School of Medicine, Turkey
Clin Biochem 45:1444-9. 2012Signal peptide-CUB (complement C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor)-domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) is a cell surface protein belonging to the SCUBE gene family...
- Reduction of pro-tumorigenic activity of human prostate cancer-associated fibroblasts using Dlk1 or SCUBE1Brigid Orr
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, UK
Dis Model Mech 6:530-6. 2013..We set out to reduce the pro-tumorigenic activity of patient CAFs using the Dlk1 and SCUBE1 molecules that we had previously identified in prostate development...
- Preliminary evidence of genetic determinants of adiponectin response to fenofibrate in the Genetics of Lipid Lowering Drugs and Diet NetworkS Aslibekyan
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, RPHB 217G, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA Electronic address
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 23:987-94. 2013..This is the first genome-wide association study of fenofibrate effects on circulating adiponectin...
- Is SCUBE 1 a new biomarker for gastric cancer?Ahmet Mentese
Medical Laboratory Program, Karadeniz Technical University, Vocational School of Health Sciences, Trabzon, Turkey
Cancer Biomark 11:191-5. 2012..This study was intended to determine the diagnostic significance of signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE 1) levels in gastric cancer...
- Zebrafish scube1 (signal peptide-CUB (complement protein C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor) domain-containing protein 1) is involved in primitive hematopoiesisKu Chi Tsao
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Taiwan International Graduate Program, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 288:5017-26. 2013b>scube1 (signal peptide-CUB (complement protein C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF domain-containing protein 1), the founding member of a novel secreted and cell surface SCUBE protein family, is expressed predominantly in various developing ..
- Scube3 is expressed in multiple tissues during development but is dispensable for embryonic survival in the mouseGuilherme M Xavier
Department of Craniofacial Development and Stem Cell Biology, King s College London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e55274. 2013The vertebrate Scube family consists of three independent members Scube1-3; which encode secreted cell surface-associated membrane glycoproteins that share a domain organization of at least five recognizable motifs and the ability to both ..
- New marker of platelet activation, SCUBE1, is elevated in hypertensive patientsGulsum Ozkan
Department of Nephrology, Karadeniz Technical University, School of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Am J Hypertens 26:748-53. 2013..Signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) is a novel platelet activation marker...
- The diagnostic and prognostic significance of SCUBE1 levels in Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic feverAhmet Mentese
Medical Laboratory Program, Vocational School of Health Sciences, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey Electronic address
Int J Infect Dis 17:e1042-5. 2013The new biochemical marker, signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1), is secreted and cell surface glycoprotein expressed during early embryogenesis. The protein is found in platelet and endothelial cells...
- Scube regulates synovial angiogenesis-related signalingMin Yang
Rheumatology Center, PLA General Hospital of Chengdu Military Area Command, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, PR China National TCM Rehab Center, PLA General Hospital of Chengdu Military Area Command, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, PR China Key Laboratory of Functional Proteomics of Guangdong Province, Department of Pathophysiology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, PR China Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 81:948-53. 2013..system defined by hedgehog (Hh), transforming growth factor (TGF)β and bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2), Scube1 and 2 antagonize BMP2 signaling, suppressing BMP2-induced phospho-Smad1/5/8 level in vivo...
- SCUBE1--a new scoop in vascular biology?Stephan Lindemann
Cardiovasc Res 71:414-5. 2006
- Will SCUBE1 solve the ischemia marker deficit?W Franklin Peacock
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2181-3. 2008
- Expression of a novel mammalian epidermal growth factor-related gene during mouse neural developmentS Grimmond
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, OX11 0RD, Didcot, UK
Mech Dev 102:209-11. 2001We have recently reported the preliminary characterisation of a novel EGF-related gene, Scube1 (signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related, gene 1), that is expressed prominently in the developing gonad, nervous system, somites, surface ..
- Identification and initial characterization of 5000 expressed sequenced tags (ESTs) each from adult human normal and osteoarthritic cartilage cDNA librariesS Kumar
Department of Musculoskeletal Diseases, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, 709 Swedeland Rd, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9:641-53. 2001..To prepare, sequence and analyse adult human cartilage cDNA libraries to study the gene expression pattern between normal and osteoarthritic cartilage...
- Identification of a novel family of cell-surface proteins expressed in human vascular endotheliumRuey Bing Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 277:46364-73. 2002..harboring 10 epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like domains and one CUB domain at the carboxyl terminus (termed, SCUBE1 for Signal peptide-CUB-EGF-like domain containing protein 1) was identified...
- Bridging expressed sequence alignments through targeted cDNA sequencingHanqing Xie
Compugen, Inc, 7 Center Drive, Suite 9, Jamesburg, NJ 08831, USA
Genomics 83:572-6. 2004..Additional information about the contig pairs, the resultant overlapping sequences, tissue sources, and tissue profiles are available in a supplemental file...
- A novel secreted, cell-surface glycoprotein containing multiple epidermal growth factor-like repeats and one CUB domain is highly expressed in primary osteoblasts and bonesBo Tsung Wu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 279:37485-90. 2004..Together, this novel secreted, cell-surface osteoblast protein may act locally and/or distantly through a proteolytic mechanism, and may play an important role in bone cell biology...
- Localization and characterization of a novel secreted protein SCUBE1 in human plateletsCheng Fen Tu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, and Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Res 71:486-95. 2006..was to investigate the protein expression and function of a novel secreted protein in the vascular system, named SCUBE1 for signal peptide, CUB (Complement proteins C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1) and epidermal growth factor-like (EGF)-like ..
- Scube1 is expressed during facial development in the mouseGuilheme M Xavier
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 312:518-24. 2009b>Scube1 encodes a secreted plasma membrane-associated protein characterized by a N-terminal signal peptide sequence, multiple EGF domains, a N-linked glycosylated spacer region and a C-terminal CUB region...
- Transcriptional profiling of inductive mesenchyme to identify molecules involved in prostate development and diseaseGriet Vanpoucke
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queens Medical Research Institute, Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Genome Biol 8:R213. 2007..We used serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) to profile a key subset of prostatic mesenchyme that regulates prostate development and is enriched for growth-regulatory molecules...
- Domain and functional analysis of a novel platelet-endothelial cell surface protein, SCUBE1Cheng Fen Tu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road, Sec 2, Taipei 115
J Biol Chem 283:12478-88. 2008b>SCUBE1 (signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1) is a novel, secreted, cell surface glycoprotein expressed during early embryogenesis and found in platelet and endothelial cells...
- Replication of GWAS-identified systemic lupus erythematosus susceptibility genes affirms B-cell receptor pathway signalling and strengthens the role of IRF5 in disease susceptibility in a Northern European populationTiina M Järvinen
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Halsovagen 7 9, S 14183 Huddinge, Sweden
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:87-92. 2012..In this study, we sought to replicate some of these results in Finnish SLE patients (n = 275) and control individuals (n = 356)...
- Plasma concentration of SCUBE1, a novel platelet protein, is elevated in patients with acute coronary syndrome and ischemic strokeDao Fu Dai
Section of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2173-80. 2008This study investigates the potential application of plasma SCUBE1 [signal peptide-CUB (complement C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor)-like domain-containing protein 1] as a biomarker of platelet activation in acute ..
- Genetic variation within the anticoagulant, procoagulant, fibrinolytic and innate immunity pathways as risk factors for venous thromboembolismJ A Heit
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Thromb Haemost 9:1133-42. 2011..Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is highly heritable (estimated heritability [h(2)]=0.62) and likely to be a result of multigenic action...
- SCUBE1, a novel developmental gene involved in renal regeneration and repairJunli Zhuang
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University and the Australian Stem Cell Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1421-8. 2010We have identified that a novel developmental gene and protein, SCUBE1, is expressed in endothelial cells and may play an important role in kidney regeneration.
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the incidence of VTE has remained relatively constant at about 1 per 1000 since 1980. Clearly, better methods of targeting VTE prophylaxis are needed. ..
- Mayo Clinic Vascular Medicine Clinical Research Training ProgramJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, this research will teach doctors how to discover new causes of diseases of arteries, veins and lymph vessels, as well as new ways to prevent and treat these diseases. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM IN THE COMMUNITYJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2007..This data will provide insights regarding the effect of new prophylaxis drugs on VTE incidence and why some but not most high-risk patients develop VTE, and test the effect of outpatient LMWH therapy on VTE recurrence. ..
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the incidence of VTE has remained relatively constant at about 1 per 1000 since 1980. Clearly, better methods of targeting VTE prophylaxis are needed. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM IN THE COMMUNITYJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the investigators will plan to extend their analysis of current VTE in relationship to use of standard heparin and low molecular weight heparin. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM IN THE COMMUNITYJohn A Heit; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study aims to prevent these deaths by identifying the individual person at high risk and preventing venous thromboembolism. ..