Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SAT2
Description: spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase family member 2
Alias: SSAT2, diamine acetyltransferase 2, diamine N-acetyltransferase 2, polyamine N-acetyltransferase 2, spermidine/spermine N(1)-acetyltransferase 2, thialysine N-epsilon-acetyltransferase
- Baek J, Liu Y, McDonald K, Wesley J, Zhang H, Semenza G. Spermidine/spermine N(1)-acetyltransferase-1 binds to hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha) and RACK1 and promotes ubiquitination and degradation of HIF-1alpha. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33358-66 pubmed..b>SSAT2 (spermidine/spermine N-acetyltransferase-2) binds to HIF-1alpha and promotes its ubiquitination/degradation by ..
- Jeelani G, Sato D, Soga T, Nozaki T. Genetic, metabolomic and transcriptomic analyses of the de novo L-cysteine biosynthetic pathway in the enteric protozoan parasite Entamoeba histolytica. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15649 pubmed publisher..strain showed impaired growth when cultured in a cysteine lacking BI-S-33 medium, whereas silencing of SAT1 and SAT2 had no effects on growth...
- Chen Y, Vujcic S, Liang P, Diegelman P, Kramer D, Porter C. Genomic identification and biochemical characterization of a second spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase. Biochem J. 2003;373:661-7 pubmed publisher..The existence of an active, but possibly sequestered, SSAT-2 enzyme suggests that, under certain conditions, it may be recruited into basal or perturbed polyamine metabolism...
- Coleman C, Stanley B, Jones A, Pegg A. Spermidine/spermine-N1-acetyltransferase-2 (SSAT2) acetylates thialysine and is not involved in polyamine metabolism. Biochem J. 2004;384:139-48 pubmed..We have purified a recombinant human acetyltransferase (SSAT2) that shares 45% identity and 61% homology with human SSAT1, but is only distally related to other known members ..
- Han B, Bingman C, Wesenberg G, Phillips G. Crystal structure of Homo sapiens thialysine Nepsilon-acetyltransferase (HsSSAT2) in complex with acetyl coenzyme A. Proteins. 2006;64:288-93 pubmed
- Gornati R, Chini V, Rimoldi S, Meregalli M, Schiaffino E, Bernardini G. Evaluation of SAT-1, SAT-2 and GalNAcT-1 mRNA in colon cancer by real-time PCR. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;298:59-68 pubmed..Although this study is still preliminary, it opens a new possibility for neoplastic prognosis finding potential molecular markers among the mRNAs that codify for glycosyltransferases. ..
- Baek J, Liu Y, McDonald K, Wesley J, Hubbi M, Byun H, et al. Spermidine/spermine-N1-acetyltransferase 2 is an essential component of the ubiquitin ligase complex that regulates hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23572-80 pubmed..b>SSAT2 binds to HIF-1alpha, VHL, and Elongin C and promotes ubiquitination of hydroxylated HIF-1alpha by stabilizing the ..
- Du N, Liu S, Niu M, Duan Y, Zhang S, Yao J, et al. Transmission and characterization of bla NDM-1 in Enterobacter cloacae at a teaching hospital in Yunnan, China. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2017;16:58 pubmed publisher..aadA2, aadA5, aadB, aac(6')-Ib-cr), sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim (dfrA17, dfrA12, dfrA15) and Streptozotocin (sat2). Six E. cloacae isolates belonged to ST74 and exhibited highly similar PFGE patterns...
- Sun H, Liu B, Wang W, Jiang G, Li W, Yang Y, et al. Adenovirus-mediated expression of spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase gene induces S-phase arrest in human colorectal cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2008;20:1229-35 pubmed....
- Prescott J, Thompson D, Kraft P, Chanock S, Audley T, Brown J, et al. Genome-wide association study of circulating estradiol, testosterone, and sex hormone-binding globulin in postmenopausal women. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37815 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the small magnitude of difference in hormone levels associated with common genetic variants is likely insufficient to detectably contribute to breast cancer risk. ..
- Araújo S, A T Silva I, Tacão M, Patinha C, Alves A, Henriques I. Characterization of antibiotic resistant and pathogenic Escherichia coli in irrigation water and vegetables in household farms. Int J Food Microbiol. 2017;257:192-200 pubmed publisher..intI2 was detected in water (dfrA1-sat2-aadA1). Plasmids were detected in 14 isolates (IncFIC, IncFIB, IncFrep, IncI1 in both samples; IncY in vegetables)...
- Yang X, Zou W, Zeng J, Xie S, An T, Luo X, et al. Prevalence of antimicrobial resistance and integron gene cassettes in Escherichia coli isolated from yaks (Poephagus grunniens) in Aba Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, China. Microb Pathog. 2017;111:274-279 pubmed publisher..The most prevalent gene cassette was aadA1 (20%). For the class 2 integron, dfrA1-sat2-aadA1 (6%) and dfrA1-sat1-aadA1 (0.4%) were also detected as part of this research...