Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RXRalpha
Description: retinoid X receptor alpha
Alias: NR2B1, retinoic acid receptor RXR-alpha, nuclear receptor subfamily 2 group B member 1, retinoid X nuclear receptor alpha
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Krogsdam A, Nielsen C, Neve S, Holst D, Helledie T, Thomsen B, et al. Nuclear receptor corepressor-dependent repression of peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor delta-mediated transactivation. Biochem J. 2002;363:157-65 pubmed..Our results suggest that the transactivation potential of liganded PPAR delta can be fine-tuned by interaction with NCoR and SMRT in a manner determined by the expression levels of corepressors and coactivators. ..
- Choi S, Chung S, Rho E, Lee H, Lee M, Choi H, et al. Negative modulation of RXRalpha transcriptional activity by small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO) modification and its reversal by SUMO-specific protease SUSP1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30669-77 pubmedRetinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) belongs to a family of ligand-activated transcription factors that regulate many aspects of metazoan life...
- Li G, Walch E, Yang X, Lippman S, Clifford J. Cloning and characterization of the human retinoid X receptor alpha gene: conservation of structure with the mouse homolog. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;269:54-7 pubmed..The genes for three distinct retinoid X receptors, RXRalpha, beta, and gamma, have been localized to separate chromosomes...
- Gampe R, Montana V, Lambert M, Miller A, Bledsoe R, Milburn M, et al. Asymmetry in the PPARgamma/RXRalpha crystal structure reveals the molecular basis of heterodimerization among nuclear receptors. Mol Cell. 2000;5:545-55 pubmedThe nuclear receptor PPARgamma/RXRalpha heterodimer regulates glucose and lipid homeostasis and is the target for the antidiabetic drugs GI262570 and the thiazolidinediones (TZDs)...
- Nohara A, Kawashiri M, Claudel T, Mizuno M, Tsuchida M, Takata M, et al. High frequency of a retinoid X receptor gamma gene variant in familial combined hyperlipidemia that associates with atherogenic dyslipidemia. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:923-8 pubmed..01). In vitro, RXRgamma Ser14 showed significantly stronger repression of the lipoprotein lipase promoter than RXRgamma Gly14. These findings suggest that RXRgamma contributes to the genetic background of FCHL. ..
- Chandra V, Huang P, Hamuro Y, Raghuram S, Wang Y, Burris T, et al. Structure of the intact PPAR-gamma-RXR- nuclear receptor complex on DNA. Nature. 2008;456:350-6 pubmed publisher..The PPAR-gamma LBD cooperates with both DNA-binding domains (DBDs) to enhance response-element binding. The A/B segments are highly dynamic, lacking folded substructures despite their gene-activation properties. ..
- Jacobs E, Martinez M, Campbell P, Conti D, Duggan D, Figueiredo J, et al. Genetic variation in the retinoid X receptor and calcium-sensing receptor and risk of colorectal cancer in the Colon Cancer Family Registry. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1412-6 pubmed publisher..29-0.96). These results provide support that RXRA SNPs rs7861779 and rs12004589 and CASR SNP rs1801726 may be important markers for colorectal neoplasia. Further work is needed to elucidate their role in the carcinogenic pathway. ..
- Rochel N, Ciesielski F, Godet J, Moman E, Roessle M, Peluso Iltis C, et al. Common architecture of nuclear receptor heterodimers on DNA direct repeat elements with different spacings. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:564-70 pubmed publisher..The results reveal two additional features: the conserved position of the ligand-binding domains at the 5' ends of the target DNAs and the binding of only one coactivator molecule per heterodimer, to RXR's partner. ..
- Mouchon A, Delmotte M, Formstecher P, Lefebvre P. Allosteric regulation of the discriminative responsiveness of retinoic acid receptor to natural and synthetic ligands by retinoid X receptor and DNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3073-85 pubmed..activation properties which are reflected by their abilities to promote interaction of DNA-bound human RXRalpha (hRXRalpha)-hRARalpha heterodimers with the nuclear receptor coactivator (NCoA) SRC-1 in vitro...
- Xiao J, Ghosn C, Hinchman C, Forbes C, Wang J, Snider N, et al. Adenomatous polyposis coli (APC)-independent regulation of beta-catenin degradation via a retinoid X receptor-mediated pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29954-62 pubmed..These results suggest a potential role for RXR and its agonists in the regulation of beta-catenin turnover and related biological events. ..
- Szanto A, Narkar V, Shen Q, Uray I, Davies P, Nagy L. Retinoid X receptors: X-ploring their (patho)physiological functions. Cell Death Differ. 2004;11 Suppl 2:S126-43 pubmed..Finally, aspects of RXR's involvement in myeloid differentiation and apoptosis are summarized along with issues on RXR's suitability as a therapeutic target. ..
- Sinkkonen L, Malinen M, Saavalainen K, Väisänen S, Carlberg C. Regulation of the human cyclin C gene via multiple vitamin D3-responsive regions in its promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:2440-51 pubmed
- Ishaq M, Zhang Y, Natarajan V. Activation-induced down-regulation of retinoid receptor RXRalpha expression in human T lymphocytes. Role of cell cycle regulation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:21210-6 pubmed..Nucleotide sequence analysis identified the 5' end of this RNA as human retinoid receptor RXRalpha mRNA. Here, we report the nucleotide sequence of 3...
- Ishaq M, Fan M, Wigmore K, Gaddam A, Natarajan V. Regulation of retinoid X receptor responsive element-dependent transcription in T lymphocytes by Ser/Thr phosphatases: functional divergence of protein kinase C (PKC)theta; and PKC alpha in mediating calcineurin-induced transactivation. J Immunol. 2002;169:732-8 pubmed..Thus, PKC theta; and PKC alpha may function as positive and negative modulators, respectively, of CN-regulated RXRE-dependent transcription during T cell activation. ..
- Chen H, Privalsky M. Cooperative formation of high-order oligomers by retinoid X receptors: an unexpected mode of DNA recognition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:422-6 pubmed..Thus, oligomer formation plays an important role in determining the specificity of DNA recognition by nuclear receptors and contributes to isoform-dependent differences in gene regulation. ..
- Gorla Bajszczak A, Juge Aubry C, Pernin A, Burger A, Meier C. Conserved amino acids in the ligand-binding and tau(i) domains of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha are necessary for heterodimerization with RXR. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1999;147:37-47 pubmed
- Likhite V, Cass E, Anderson S, Yates J, Nardulli A. Interaction of estrogen receptor alpha with 3-methyladenine DNA glycosylase modulates transcription and DNA repair. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16875-82 pubmed..Our studies suggest that recruitment of MPG to ERE-containing genes influences transcription and plays a role in maintaining integrity of the genome by recruiting DNA repair proteins to actively transcribing DNA. ..
- Billiet L, Furman C, Larigauderie G, Copin C, Page S, Fruchart J, et al. Enhanced VDUP-1 gene expression by PPARgamma agonist induces apoptosis in human macrophage. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:183-91 pubmed..The results suggest that PPARgamma activation stimulates apoptosis in human macrophages by altering the cellular redox balance via regulation of VDUP-1. ..
- Chen Y, Moradin A, Schlessinger D, Nagaraja R. RXRÎ± and LXR activate two promoters in placenta- and tumor-specific expression of PLAC1. Placenta. 2011;32:877-84 pubmed publisher..Joint expression of activating nuclear receptors can partially account for the restricted expression of PLAC1 in placenta, and may be co-opted for preferential P1 or P2 PLAC1 expression in various tumor cells. ..
- Keller R, Klein M, Thomas M, DrÃ¤ger A, Metzger U, Templin M, et al. Coordinating Role of RXRÎ± in Downregulating Hepatic Detoxification during Inflammation Revealed by Fuzzy-Logic Modeling. PLoS Comput Biol. 2016;12:e1004431 pubmed publisher..79; P<0.0001). These results concur with RXRÎ± functioning as obligatory heterodimerization partner for several nuclear receptors that regulate drug and lipid metabolism. ..
- Blitek A, Szymanska M. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms are differentially expressed in peri-implantation porcine conceptuses. Theriogenology. 2017;101:53-61 pubmed publisher..01). Collectively, these results indicate that among all three PPARs expressed in peri-implantation porcine conceptuses, PPARD and PPARG may be involved in conceptus elongation before implantation. ..
- Schulman I, Chakravarti D, Juguilon H, Romo A, Evans R. Interactions between the retinoid X receptor and a conserved region of the TATA-binding protein mediate hormone-dependent transactivation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8288-92 pubmed
- Dong S, Zhu J, Reid A, Strutt P, Guidez F, Zhong H, et al. Amino-terminal protein-protein interaction motif (POZ-domain) is responsible for activities of the promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger-retinoic acid receptor-alpha fusion protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3624-9 pubmed..has been shown to display a dominant-negative effect against the wild-type RARalpha/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)...
- Mathur M, Tucker P, Samuels H. PSF is a novel corepressor that mediates its effect through Sin3A and the DNA binding domain of nuclear hormone receptors. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2298-311 pubmed
- Cao X, Liu W, Lin F, Li H, Kolluri S, Lin B, et al. Retinoid X receptor regulates Nur77/TR3-dependent apoptosis [corrected] by modulating its nuclear export and mitochondrial targeting. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9705-25 pubmed..Here, we report that RXRalpha is required for nuclear export and mitochondrial targeting of Nur77 through their unique heterodimerization that ..
- Chai D, Wang B, Shen L, Pu J, Zhang X, He B. RXR agonists inhibit high-glucose-induced oxidative stress by repressing PKC activity in human endothelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;44:1334-47 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, RXRalpha, which was diffusely distributed in HUVECs, accumulated mainly in the nucleus upon high glucose exposure...
- Pestka A, Toth B, Kuhn C, Hofmann S, Wiest I, Wypior G, et al. Retinoid X receptor ? and retinoids are key regulators in apoptosis of trophoblasts of patients with recurrent miscarriages. J Mol Endocrinol. 2011;47:145-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RXR? represents a potential target in the treatment of recurrent miscarriages...
- Rastinejad F, Perlmann T, Evans R, Sigler P. Structural determinants of nuclear receptor assembly on DNA direct repeats. Nature. 1995;375:203-11 pubmed..The stereochemistry suggests a mechanism by which heterodimers recognize the inter-half-site spacing between direct repeats. ..
- Malerød L, Sporstøl M, Juvet L, Mousavi A, Gjøen T, Berg T. Hepatic scavenger receptor class B, type I is stimulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:557-65 pubmed..The present results are in agreement with previous reports, indicating that specific PPARgamma-agonists (such as TZDs) protect against atherosclerosis. ..
- Ruebner M, Langbein M, Strissel P, Henke C, Schmidt D, Goecke T, et al. Regulation of the human endogenous retroviral Syncytin-1 and cell-cell fusion by the nuclear hormone receptors PPAR?/RXR? in placentogenesis. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:2383-96 pubmed publisher..Our study characterized PPAR?/RXR? signaling in human CT and cell fusions identifying Syncytin-1 as a new target gene. Based on these results, a disturbed PPAR?/RXR? pathway could contribute to pathological human pregnancies...
- Park S, Yoo S, Kim J, An H, Kang M, Ko J. 14-3-3Î² and Î³ differentially regulate peroxisome proliferator activated receptor Î³2 transactivation and hepatic lipid metabolism. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:1237-47 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that 14-3-3Î² and Î³ are novel PPARÎ³2 regulators and are involved in hepatic lipid metabolism. 14-3-3Î² and Î³ can be therapeutic target molecules to treat non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. ..
- Garay Lugo N, Domínguez López A, Miliar Garcia A, Aguilar Barrera E, Gómez López M, Gomez Alcala A, et al. n-3 Fatty acids modulate the mRNA expression of the Nlrp3 inflammasome and Mtor in the liver of rats fed with high-fat or high-fat/fructose diets. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2016;38:353-63 pubmed publisher..We found the interrelation of the genes for the mTORC1 complex, the NLRP3 inflammasome, and other metabolically important proteins, and that these genes respond to n-3-PUFAs. ..
- Zhi X, Tao J, Zhang L, Tao R, Ma L, Qin J. Silencing speckle-type POZ protein by promoter hypermethylation decreases cell apoptosis through upregulating Hedgehog signaling pathway in colorectal cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2569 pubmed publisher..It suggests that methylation status of SPOP promoter can be used as a novel epigenetic biomarker and a therapeutic target in CRC. ..
- Jimenez Lara A, Aranda A. Lysine 246 of the vitamin D receptor is crucial for ligand-dependent interaction with coactivators and transcriptional activity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:13503-10 pubmed..These results indicate that the lysine 246 participates, together with residues in helix 12, in the recruitment of coactivators and that AF-2 activity is involved both in ligand-dependent transactivation and in transrepression by VDR. ..
- Kong H, Park M, Hong S, Yu H, Lee Y, Choi Y, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein regulates transactivation activity and protein stability of the cancer-amplified transcription coactivator ASC-2. Hepatology. 2003;38:1258-66 pubmed..In conclusion, these results show that HBx stabilizes the cellular coactivator ASC-2 through direct protein-protein interaction, affecting the regulation of genes actively transcribed in liver cancer cells. ..
- Singh R, Gururaj A, Vadlamudi R, Kumar R. 9-cis-retinoic acid up-regulates expression of transcriptional coregulator PELP1, a novel coactivator of the retinoid X receptor alpha pathway. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15394-404 pubmedRetinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), functioning as either a homodimer or a heterodimer with peroxisome proliferator receptors, is known to be involved in manifesting antiproliferative effects in cells...
- Lee J, Choi H, Gyuris J, Brent R, Moore D. Two classes of proteins dependent on either the presence or absence of thyroid hormone for interaction with the thyroid hormone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:243-54 pubmed
- Ren H, Huang G, Liu W, Zhang W, Liu Y, Su G, et al. IL-1Î² induced RXRÎ± overexpression through activation of NF-ÎºB signaling in gastric carcinoma. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;78:329-334 pubmed publisher..01). IL-1Î² upregulated RXRÎ± through activation of NF-ÎºB signaling and these suggested a possible clinic significance of retinoid receptor expression in the diagnosis and treatment of GC. ..
- Gao X, Nannini D, Corrao K, Torres M, Chen Y, Fan B, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies WNT7B as a novel locus for central corneal thickness in Latinos. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:5035-5045 pubmed publisher..25E-3). These findings provide further insight into the genetic architecture of CCT and illustrate that the use of minority groups in GWAS will help identify additional loci. ..
- Wu Q, Lin X, Ye X, Zhang B, Xie Z, Su W. Ubiquitinated or sumoylated retinoic acid receptor alpha determines its characteristic and interacting model with retinoid X receptor alpha in gastric and breast cancer cells. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;32:595-613 pubmed..This resulted in a reduction in the DNA binding activity of RARalpha/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) heterodimer, the separation of RXRalpha from RARalpha and the translocation of RXRalpha from the nucleus to the ..
- Bajpe P, Heynen G, Mittempergher L, Grernrum W, de Rink I, Nijkamp W, et al. The corepressor CTBP2 is a coactivator of retinoic acid receptor/retinoid X receptor in retinoic acid signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3343-53 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal an unexpected function of the corepressor CTBP2 as a coactivator for RAR/RXR in RA signaling. ..
- Nagaya T, Murata Y, Yamaguchi S, Nomura Y, Ohmori S, Fujieda M, et al. Intracellular proteolytic cleavage of 9-cis-retinoic acid receptor alpha by cathepsin L-type protease is a potential mechanism for modulating thyroid hormone action. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:33166-73 pubmed..The major thyroid hormone receptor auxiliary protein was identified as 9-cis-retinoic acid receptor alpha (RXRalpha) in the hepatocytes regardless of the culture conditions...
- Delerive P, Wu Y, Burris T, Chin W, Suen C. PGC-1 functions as a transcriptional coactivator for the retinoid X receptors. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3913-7 pubmed..An immunoprecipitation assay reveals that PGC-1 and RXRalpha interact in vivo...
- Folkertsma S, van Noort P, de Heer A, Carati P, Brandt R, Visser A, et al. The use of in vitro peptide binding profiles and in silico ligand-receptor interaction profiles to describe ligand-induced conformations of the retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domain. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:30-48 pubmed..different cofactor peptides measuring the ligand-induced cofactor recruitment to the retinoid X receptor-alpha (RXRalpha) in the presence of 11 compounds...
- Macoritto M, Nguyen Yamamoto L, Huang D, Samuel S, Yang X, Wang T, et al. Phosphorylation of the human retinoid X receptor alpha at serine 260 impairs coactivator(s) recruitment and induces hormone resistance to multiple ligands. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:4943-56 pubmedThe retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) is a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily that regulates transcription of target genes through heterodimerization with several partners, including peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor, ..
- Chillón M, Santamaria C, Garcia Sanz R, Balanzategui A, Sarasquete M, Alcoceba M, et al. Long FLT3 internal tandem duplications and reduced PML-RAR? expression at diagnosis characterize a high-risk subgroup of acute promyelocytic leukemia patients. Haematologica. 2010;95:745-51 pubmed publisher..4%, P<0.0001). In conclusion, FLT3-ITD size and PML-RARalpha transcript levels at diagnosis could contribute to improve the risk stratification in APL. ..
- Almasan A, Mangelsdorf D, Ong E, Wahl G, Evans R. Chromosomal localization of the human retinoid X receptors. Genomics. 1994;20:397-403 pubmed..The proximity of RXR genes to loci known to be associated with genetic disorders suggests that their location may be useful in establishing a link between RXRs and certain human diseases. ..
- Lehmann J, Kliewer S, Moore L, Smith Oliver T, Oliver B, Su J, et al. Activation of the nuclear receptor LXR by oxysterols defines a new hormone response pathway. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:3137-40 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for a new hormonal signaling pathway that activates transcription in response to oxysterols and suggest that LXRs play a critical role in the regulation of cholesterol homeostasis. ..
- Lømo J, Smeland E, Ulven S, Natarajan V, Blomhoff R, Gandhi U, et al. RAR-, not RXR, ligands inhibit cell activation and prevent apoptosis in B-lymphocytes. J Cell Physiol. 1998;175:68-77 pubmed..polymerase chain reaction (PCR), we found that peripheral blood B-lymphocytes expressed RARalpha, RARgamma, and RXRalpha, but not RARbeta, RXRbeta, or RXRgamma...
- Lin X, Zhao B, Chen H, Ye X, Yang C, Zhou H, et al. RXRalpha acts as a carrier for TR3 nuclear export in a 9-cis retinoic acid-dependent manner in gastric cancer cells. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5609-21 pubmed..Here we show that RXRalpha exhibits nucleocytoplasmic shuttling in MGC80-3 gastric cancer cells and that RXRalpha shuttling is energy-..
- Turunen M, Dunlop T, Carlberg C, Väisänen S. Selective use of multiple vitamin D response elements underlies the 1 alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-mediated negative regulation of the human CYP27B1 gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:2734-47 pubmed..This data explains, in part, why the human CYP27B1 gene is repressed in HEK-293 but not in MCF-7 cells. ..
- Liao C, Tai P, Huang Y, Chen R, Wu S, Kuo L, et al. Regulation of AKR1B1 by thyroid hormone and its receptors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;307:109-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, T(3) regulates AKR1B1 gene expression via a TRE-dependant mechanism and associates liver cancer. ..
- Giaginis C, Klonaris C, Katsargyris A, Kouraklis G, Spiliopoulou C, Theocharis S. Correlation of Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma) and Retinoid X Receptor-alpha (RXR-alpha) expression with clinical risk factors in patients with advanced carotid atherosclerosis. Med Sci Monit. 2011;17:CR381-91 pubmed..015). PPAR-gamma and RXR-alpha expression down-regulation in macrophages and smooth muscle cells was associated with a more pronounced disease progression in patients with advanced carotid atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- Nickkho Amiry M, McVey R, Holland C. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors modulate proliferation and angiogenesis in human endometrial carcinoma. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:441-53 pubmed publisher..We propose that PPAR ligands should be considered for clinical investigation in early phase studies of women with endometrial cancer. ..
- Pande M, Thompson P, Do K, Sahin A, Amos C, Frazier M, et al. Genetic variants in the vitamin D pathway and breast cancer disease-free survival. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:587-94 pubmed publisher..In particular, SNPs in RXRA may predict for poorer or improved DFS in patients, according to type of systemic treatment received. If validated, these markers could be used for risk stratification of breast cancer patients. ..
- Roder K, Wolf S, Larkin K, Schweizer M. Interaction between the two ubiquitously expressed transcription factors NF-Y and Sp1. Gene. 1999;234:61-9 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate by the GST pull-down assay that NF-YA interacts physically with Sp1 in-vitro in the absence of DNA. Therefore, NF-Y can be added to the list of transcription factors interacting with Sp1. ..
- Chang S, Rashid A, Gao Y, Andreotti G, Shen M, Wang B, et al. Polymorphism of genes related to insulin sensitivity and the risk of biliary tract cancer and biliary stone: a population-based case-control study in Shanghai, China. Carcinogenesis. 2008;29:944-8 pubmed publisher..Results from this population-based study suggest that certain genetic variants involved in the regulation of obesity-related insulin sensitivity may increase susceptibility to bile duct cancer and gallstones...
- Uray I, Shen Q, Seo H, Kim H, Lamph W, Bissonnette R, et al. Rexinoid-induced expression of IGFBP-6 requires RARbeta-dependent permissive cooperation of retinoid receptors and AP-1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:345-53 pubmed publisher..In chromatin binding experiments, bexarotene increased the occupancy of the identified enhancer element by RXRalpha, RARbeta, cJun, cFos, and p300...
- de la Fuente A, Errea O, van Wijngaarden P, González G, Kerninon C, Jarjour A, et al. Vitamin D receptor-retinoid X receptor heterodimer signaling regulates oligodendrocyte progenitor cell differentiation. J Cell Biol. 2015;211:975-85 pubmed publisher..We also show expression of VDR in OLG lineage cells in multiple sclerosis. Our data reveal a role for vitamin D in the regenerative component of demyelinating disease and identify a new target for remyelination medicines. ..
- Song C, Echchgadda I, Seo Y, Oh T, Kim S, Kim S, et al. An essential role of the CAAT/enhancer binding protein-alpha in the vitamin D-induced expression of the human steroid/bile acid-sulfotransferase (SULT2A1). Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:795-808 pubmed..These results provide the first example of the essential role of the interaction in cis between C/EBP-alpha and VDR in directing 1,25-(OH)2D3-induced expression of a VDR target gene. ..
- Fontaine C, Rigamonti E, Pourcet B, Duez H, Duhem C, Fruchart J, et al. The nuclear receptor Rev-erbalpha is a liver X receptor (LXR) target gene driving a negative feedback loop on select LXR-induced pathways in human macrophages. Mol Endocrinol. 2008;22:1797-811 pubmed publisher..These data identify Rev-erbalpha as a new LXR target gene, inhibiting LXR-induction of TLR-4 in a negative transcriptional feedback loop, but not cholesterol homeostasis gene expression. ..
- Shih Y, Lee H, Nakagawara A, Juan H, Jeng Y, Tsay Y, et al. Nuclear GRP75 binds retinoic acid receptors to promote neuronal differentiation of neuroblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26236 pubmed publisher..The present findings reveal a novel function of nucleus-localized GRP75 in actively promoting neuronal differentiation, delineating the mode of action for the differentiation therapy of NB by RA. ..
- Zhou H, Liu W, Su Y, Wei Z, Liu J, Kolluri S, et al. NSAID sulindac and its analog bind RXRalpha and inhibit RXRalpha-dependent AKT signaling. Cancer Cell. 2010;17:560-73 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Sulindac, an NSAID, induces apoptosis by binding to retinoid X receptor-alpha (RXRalpha)...
- McKay G, Young I, McGinty A, Bentham G, Chakravarthy U, Rahu M, et al. Associations between Serum Vitamin D and Genetic Variants in Vitamin D Pathways and Age-Related Macular Degeneration in the European Eye Study. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:90-96 pubmed publisher..The hypothesis of a causal association of vitamin D with AMD is not supported by clear evidence for an association of vitamin D SNPs with early AMD, late AMD, or nvAMD. ..
- Powers C, Mathur M, Raaka B, Ron D, Samuels H. TLS (translocated-in-liposarcoma) is a high-affinity interactor for steroid, thyroid hormone, and retinoid receptors. Mol Endocrinol. 1998;12:4-18 pubmed..The transactivation and RNA-binding properties of TLS and the nature of its interaction with nuclear receptors suggest a novel role in nuclear receptor function. ..
- Weth O, Weth C, Bartkuhn M, Leers J, Uhle F, Renkawitz R. Modular insulators: genome wide search for composite CTCF/thyroid hormone receptor binding sites. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10119 pubmed publisher..Thus, a number of composite CTCF/TR binding sites may represent a subset of other modular CTCF composite sites, such as groups of multiple CTCF sites or of CTCF/Oct4, CTCF/Kaiso or CTCF/Yy1 combinations. ..
- Chew S, Lim J, Singh O, Chen X, Tan E, Lee E, et al. Pharmacogenetic effects of regulatory nuclear receptors (PXR, CAR, RXR? and HNF4?) on docetaxel disposition in Chinese nasopharyngeal cancer patients. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2014;70:155-66 pubmed publisher..functionally relevant SNPs of the genes encoding these regulatory nuclear receptors (PXR/NR1I2, CAR/NR1I3, RXR?/NR2B1 and HNF4?/NR2A1), were profiled in the patients enrolled in our study by direct sequencing (N?=?50)...
- Pavlin M, Brunzelle J, Fernandez E. Agonist ligands mediate the transcriptional response of nuclear receptor heterodimers through distinct stoichiometric assemblies with coactivators. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:24771-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a broader role for RXR within heterodimers, whereas offering multiple strategies for the assembly of the transcription complex. ..
- Na S, Choi H, Kim J, Na D, Lee J. Bcl3, an IkappaB protein, as a novel transcription coactivator of the retinoid X receptor. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30933-8 pubmed..These results suggest that distinct IkappaB proteins differentially modulate the 9-cis-RA-induced transactivations of RXR in vivo. ..
- Nomura Y, Nagaya T, Yamaguchi S, Katunuma N, Seo H. Cleavage of RXRalpha by a lysosomal enzyme, cathepsin L-type protease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;254:388-94 pubmedIn this study, we characterized a protease responsible for the cleavage of RXRalpha in two human derived cell lines, HepG2 and JEG-3 cells...
- Herdick M, Carlberg C. Agonist-triggered modulation of the activated and silent state of the vitamin D(3) receptor by interaction with co-repressors and co-activators. J Mol Biol. 2000;304:793-801 pubmed
- Solomon C, Macoritto M, Gao X, White J, Kremer R. The unique tryptophan residue of the vitamin D receptor is critical for ligand binding and transcriptional activation. J Bone Miner Res. 2001;16:39-45 pubmed..These results identify the first amino acid that is absolutely required for ligand binding in the VDR and further define the structure-function relationship of 1,25(OH)2D3 interaction with its receptor. ..
- Maehara K, Hida T, Abe Y, Koga A, Ota K, Kutoh E. Functional interference between estrogen-related receptor alpha and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha/9-cis-retinoic acid receptor alpha heterodimer complex in the nuclear receptor response element-1 of the medium chain acyl-coenzyme A. J Mol Endocrinol. 2003;31:47-60 pubmed..that the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha/9-cis-retinoic acid receptor alpha (PPARalpha/RXRalpha) heterodimer complex can also bind to the two hexamer repeat sequences (between site 1 and site 3) arranged as an ..
- Hoo R, Chan K, Leung F, Lee L, Leung P, Chow B. Involvement of NF-kappaB subunit p65 and retinoic acid receptors, RARalpha and RXRalpha, in transcriptional regulation of the human GnRH II gene. FEBS J. 2007;274:2695-706 pubmed..assays showed in vitro and in vivo binding of NF-kappaB subunit p65 and the retinoic acid receptors, RARalpha and RXRalpha, to the promoter sequences...
- Halstead A, Kapadia C, Bolzenius J, Chu C, Schriefer A, Wartman L, et al. Bladder-cancer-associated mutations in RXRA activate peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors to drive urothelial proliferation. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Mutant RXRA-driven growth of urothelium is reversible by PPAR inhibition, supporting PPARs as targetable drivers of bladder cancer. ..
- Miyata K, McCaw S, Patel H, Rachubinski R, Capone J. The orphan nuclear hormone receptor LXR alpha interacts with the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor and inhibits peroxisome proliferator signaling. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:9189-92 pubmed..bound directly to PPARalpha, as well as to the common heterodimerization partner 9-cis-retinoic acid receptor (RXRalpha)...
- Ge K, Guermah M, Yuan C, Ito M, Wallberg A, Spiegelman B, et al. Transcription coactivator TRAP220 is required for PPAR gamma 2-stimulated adipogenesis. Nature. 2002;417:563-7 pubmed..These data indicate that TRAP220 acts, via the TRAP complex, as a PPAR gamma(2)-selective coactivator and, accordingly, that it is specific for one fibroblast differentiation pathway (adipogenesis) relative to another (myogenesis). ..
- Loven M, Muster N, Yates J, Nardulli A. A novel estrogen receptor alpha-associated protein, template-activating factor Ibeta, inhibits acetylation and transactivation. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:67-78 pubmed
- Yoshimura K, Muto Y, Shimizu M, Matsushima Nishiwaki R, Okuno M, Takano Y, et al. Phosphorylated retinoid X receptor alpha loses its heterodimeric activity with retinoic acid receptor beta. Cancer Sci. 2007;98:1868-74 pubmed..However, the precise mechanisms by which phosphorylated RXRalpha loses its physiological function remain unclear...
- Fujiu K, Manabe I, Ishihara A, Oishi Y, Iwata H, Nishimura G, et al. Synthetic retinoid Am80 suppresses smooth muscle phenotypic modulation and in-stent neointima formation by inhibiting KLF5. Circ Res. 2005;97:1132-41 pubmed
- Gu X, Ke S, Liu D, Sheng T, Thomas P, Rabson A, et al. Role of NF-kappaB in regulation of PXR-mediated gene expression: a mechanism for the suppression of cytochrome P-450 3A4 by proinflammatory agents. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:17882-9 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that NF-kappaB p65 disrupted the association of the PXR.RXRalpha complex with DNA sequences as determined by electrophoretic mobility shift assay and chromatin ..
- Dubinsky M, Kugathasan S, Kwon S, Haritunians T, Wrobel I, Wahbeh G, et al. Multidimensional prognostic risk assessment identifies association between IL12B variation and surgery in Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2013;19:1662-70 pubmed publisher..IL12B is independently associated with need and time to early surgery in CD patients and justifies the investigation of novel and existing therapies that affect this pathway. ..
- Kikuchi R, Sobue S, Murakami M, Ito H, Kimura A, Iwasaki T, et al. Mechanism of vitamin D3-induced transcription of phospholipase D1 in HaCat human keratinocytes. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:1800-4 pubmed..mobility shift assays (EMSA) and chromatin immunoprecipitation (CHIP) assays showed that the complex of VitD(3), VDR and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) binds to the VDRE and increases PLD1 gene expression in HaCaT cells.
- Zhang J, Chalmers M, Stayrook K, Burris L, Garcia Ordonez R, Pascal B, et al. Hydrogen/deuterium exchange reveals distinct agonist/partial agonist receptor dynamics within vitamin D receptor/retinoid X receptor heterodimer. Structure. 2010;18:1332-41 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that ligands modulate the dynamics of the heterodimer interface as well as provide insight into the role of AF-2 dynamics in the action of VDR partial agonists...
- Wright E, Busby S, Wisecarver S, Vincent J, Griffin P, Fernandez E. Helix 11 dynamics is critical for constitutive androstane receptor activity. Structure. 2011;19:37-44 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, assays with mutations on CAR at leucine-340 and leucine-343 confirm this region as an important determinant of CAR activity. ..
- Yoon E, Lee K, Kim Y, Chang M, Lee S, Park C. Retinoid X receptor ? acts as a negative regulator in Nurr1-induced dopaminergic differentiation in rat neural precursor cells. Neuroreport. 2010;21:1162-6 pubmed..Therefore, a plausible explanation for the inhibitory role of RXR? in Nurr1-induced TH expression is that RXR? differentially affects an inhibitory element of the TH promoter. ..