Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RXRalpha
Description: retinoid X receptor alpha
Alias: NR2B1, retinoic acid receptor RXR-alpha, nuclear receptor subfamily 2 group B member 1, retinoid X nuclear receptor alpha
Publications164 found, 100 shown here
- Krogsdam A, Nielsen C, Neve S, Holst D, Helledie T, Thomsen B, et al. Nuclear receptor corepressor-dependent repression of peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor delta-mediated transactivation. Biochem J. 2002;363:157-65 pubmed..Our results suggest that the transactivation potential of liganded PPAR delta can be fine-tuned by interaction with NCoR and SMRT in a manner determined by the expression levels of corepressors and coactivators. ..
- Choi S, Chung S, Rho E, Lee H, Lee M, Choi H, et al. Negative modulation of RXRalpha transcriptional activity by small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO) modification and its reversal by SUMO-specific protease SUSP1. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30669-77 pubmedRetinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) belongs to a family of ligand-activated transcription factors that regulate many aspects of metazoan life...
- Li G, Walch E, Yang X, Lippman S, Clifford J. Cloning and characterization of the human retinoid X receptor alpha gene: conservation of structure with the mouse homolog. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;269:54-7 pubmed..The genes for three distinct retinoid X receptors, RXRalpha, beta, and gamma, have been localized to separate chromosomes...
- Gampe R, Montana V, Lambert M, Miller A, Bledsoe R, Milburn M, et al. Asymmetry in the PPARgamma/RXRalpha crystal structure reveals the molecular basis of heterodimerization among nuclear receptors. Mol Cell. 2000;5:545-55 pubmedThe nuclear receptor PPARgamma/RXRalpha heterodimer regulates glucose and lipid homeostasis and is the target for the antidiabetic drugs GI262570 and the thiazolidinediones (TZDs)...
- Nohara A, Kawashiri M, Claudel T, Mizuno M, Tsuchida M, Takata M, et al. High frequency of a retinoid X receptor gamma gene variant in familial combined hyperlipidemia that associates with atherogenic dyslipidemia. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:923-8 pubmed..01). In vitro, RXRgamma Ser14 showed significantly stronger repression of the lipoprotein lipase promoter than RXRgamma Gly14. These findings suggest that RXRgamma contributes to the genetic background of FCHL. ..
- Chandra V, Huang P, Hamuro Y, Raghuram S, Wang Y, Burris T, et al. Structure of the intact PPAR-gamma-RXR- nuclear receptor complex on DNA. Nature. 2008;456:350-6 pubmed publisher..The PPAR-gamma LBD cooperates with both DNA-binding domains (DBDs) to enhance response-element binding. The A/B segments are highly dynamic, lacking folded substructures despite their gene-activation properties. ..
- Jacobs E, Martinez M, Campbell P, Conti D, Duggan D, Figueiredo J, et al. Genetic variation in the retinoid X receptor and calcium-sensing receptor and risk of colorectal cancer in the Colon Cancer Family Registry. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1412-6 pubmed publisher..29-0.96). These results provide support that RXRA SNPs rs7861779 and rs12004589 and CASR SNP rs1801726 may be important markers for colorectal neoplasia. Further work is needed to elucidate their role in the carcinogenic pathway. ..
- Rochel N, Ciesielski F, Godet J, Moman E, Roessle M, Peluso Iltis C, et al. Common architecture of nuclear receptor heterodimers on DNA direct repeat elements with different spacings. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:564-70 pubmed publisher..The results reveal two additional features: the conserved position of the ligand-binding domains at the 5' ends of the target DNAs and the binding of only one coactivator molecule per heterodimer, to RXR's partner. ..
- Mouchon A, Delmotte M, Formstecher P, Lefebvre P. Allosteric regulation of the discriminative responsiveness of retinoic acid receptor to natural and synthetic ligands by retinoid X receptor and DNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3073-85 pubmed..activation properties which are reflected by their abilities to promote interaction of DNA-bound human RXRalpha (hRXRalpha)-hRARalpha heterodimers with the nuclear receptor coactivator (NCoA) SRC-1 in vitro...
- Xiao J, Ghosn C, Hinchman C, Forbes C, Wang J, Snider N, et al. Adenomatous polyposis coli (APC)-independent regulation of beta-catenin degradation via a retinoid X receptor-mediated pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:29954-62 pubmed..These results suggest a potential role for RXR and its agonists in the regulation of beta-catenin turnover and related biological events. ..
- Szanto A, Narkar V, Shen Q, Uray I, Davies P, Nagy L. Retinoid X receptors: X-ploring their (patho)physiological functions. Cell Death Differ. 2004;11 Suppl 2:S126-43 pubmed..Finally, aspects of RXR's involvement in myeloid differentiation and apoptosis are summarized along with issues on RXR's suitability as a therapeutic target. ..
- Sinkkonen L, Malinen M, Saavalainen K, Väisänen S, Carlberg C. Regulation of the human cyclin C gene via multiple vitamin D3-responsive regions in its promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:2440-51 pubmed
- Ishaq M, Zhang Y, Natarajan V. Activation-induced down-regulation of retinoid receptor RXRalpha expression in human T lymphocytes. Role of cell cycle regulation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:21210-6 pubmed..Nucleotide sequence analysis identified the 5' end of this RNA as human retinoid receptor RXRalpha mRNA. Here, we report the nucleotide sequence of 3...
- Ishaq M, Fan M, Wigmore K, Gaddam A, Natarajan V. Regulation of retinoid X receptor responsive element-dependent transcription in T lymphocytes by Ser/Thr phosphatases: functional divergence of protein kinase C (PKC)theta; and PKC alpha in mediating calcineurin-induced transactivation. J Immunol. 2002;169:732-8 pubmed..Thus, PKC theta; and PKC alpha may function as positive and negative modulators, respectively, of CN-regulated RXRE-dependent transcription during T cell activation. ..
- Si J, Collins S. IL-3-induced enhancement of retinoic acid receptor activity is mediated through Stat5, which physically associates with retinoic acid receptors in an IL-3-dependent manner. Blood. 2002;100:4401-9 pubmed..Cytokine-mediated physical and functional interactions between Stat5 and RARs may play critical roles in regulating different stages of hematopoiesis. ..
- Chen W, Cai S, Xu S, Denson L, Soroka C, Boyer J. Nuclear receptors RXRalpha:RARalpha are repressors for human MRP3 expression. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G1221-7 pubmed..MRP3 promoter, we have now identified nuclear receptor retinoic X receptor-alpha:retinoic acid receptor-alpha (RXRalpha:RARalpha) as a repressor of MRP3 activation by transcription factor Sp1...
- Fujishima F, Suzuki T, Nakamura Y, Taniyama Y, Ono K, Sugawara A, et al. Retinoid receptors in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: retinoid X receptor as a potent prognostic factor. Pathol Int. 2011;61:401-8 pubmed publisher..0187). These findings all indicate the important roles of retinoid receptors, especially, RXR in the esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Shahabi P, Lamothe F, Dumas S, Rouleau Mailloux É, Feroz Zada Y, Provost S, et al. Nuclear receptor gene polymorphisms and warfarin dose requirements in the Quebec Warfarin Cohort. Pharmacogenomics J. 2018;: pubmed publisher..0026). Variants in the VDR gene were associated with the variability in response to warfarin, emphasizing the possible clinical relevance of nuclear receptor gene variants on the inter-individual variability in drug metabolism. ..
- Alfaro J, Fraile B, Lobo M, Royuela M, Paniagua R, Arenas M. Immunohistochemical detection of the retinoid X receptors alpha, beta, and gamma in human prostate. J Androl. 2003;24:113-9 pubmed..b>RXRalpha and RXRgamma were immunodetected in all samples of normal, nodular, and basal cell hyperplasia, as well as ..
- Yamamoto H, Shevde N, Warrier A, Plum L, DeLuca H, Pike J. 2-Methylene-19-nor-(20S)-1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 potently stimulates gene-specific DNA binding of the vitamin D receptor in osteoblasts. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:31756-65 pubmed
- Kim S, Shevde N, Pike J. 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 stimulates cyclic vitamin D receptor/retinoid X receptor DNA-binding, co-activator recruitment, and histone acetylation in intact osteoblasts. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:305-17 pubmed..Selective use of co-regulators by target genes, however, may provide a mechanism for the unique and perhaps gene-selective responses observed with synthetic analogs such as ZK159222. ..
- Kojetin D, Matta Camacho E, Hughes T, Srinivasan S, Nwachukwu J, Cavett V, et al. Structural mechanism for signal transduction in RXR nuclear receptor heterodimers. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8013 pubmed publisher..These findings define rules guiding how NRs integrate two ligand-dependent signalling pathways into RXR heterodimer-specific responses. ..
- Rong S, Ma S, Yu X, Ma L, Chu W, Chan T, et al. Genetic associations for keratoconus: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4620 pubmed publisher..We also found SNPs in 10 genes/loci that had a summary P value?<?0.05. Sensitivity analysis indicated that the results were robust. Replication studies and understanding the roles of these genes in keratoconus are warranted. ..
- Korpal M, Puyang X, Jeremy Wu Z, Seiler R, Furman C, Oo H, et al. Evasion of immunosurveillance by genomic alterations of PPAR?/RXR? in bladder cancer. Nat Commun. 2017;8:103 pubmed publisher..Here the authors characterize diverse genetic alterations in MIBC that convergently lead to constitutive activation of PPARgamma/RXRalpha and result in immunosurveillance escape by inhibiting CD8+ T-cell recruitment.
- Na S, Kang B, Chung S, Han S, Ma X, Trinchieri G, et al. Retinoids inhibit interleukin-12 production in macrophages through physical associations of retinoid X receptor and NFkappaB. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:7674-80 pubmed
- Goodwin B, Hodgson E, D Costa D, Robertson G, Liddle C. Transcriptional regulation of the human CYP3A4 gene by the constitutive androstane receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;62:359-65 pubmed..Importantly, the human CAR response elements also mediate trans-activation of CYP3A4 by the human pregnane X receptor, suggesting that interplay between these receptors is likely to be an important determinant of CYP3A4 expression. ..
- Ismail A, Nguyen C, Ahene A, Fleet J, Uskokovic M, Peleg S. Effect of cellular environment on the selective activation of the vitamin D receptor by 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and its analog 1alpha-fluoro-16-ene-20-epi-23-ene-26,27-bishomo-25-hydroxyvitamin D3 (Ro-26-9228). Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:874-87 pubmed..These results suggest that Ro-26-9228 has poor ability to promote the accumulation of a proteasome-sensitive, transcriptionally active VDR isoform in Caco-2 cells, whereas it does not have this limitation in hFOB cells. ..
- Shui I, Mucci L, Kraft P, Tamimi R, Lindstrom S, Penney K, et al. Vitamin D-related genetic variation, plasma vitamin D, and risk of lethal prostate cancer: a prospective nested case-control study. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2012;104:690-9 pubmed publisher..In this prospective study, plasma 25(OH)D levels and common variation among several vitamin D-related genes were associated with lethal prostate cancer risk, suggesting that vitamin D is relevant for lethal prostate cancer. ..
- Mangelsdorf D, Ong E, Dyck J, Evans R. Nuclear receptor that identifies a novel retinoic acid response pathway. Nature. 1990;345:224-9 pubmed..By indicating the existence of an additional pathway through which retinoic acid may exert its effects, these data lead to a re-evaluation of retinoid physiology. ..
- Mukherjee R, Jow L, Croston G, Paterniti J. Identification, characterization, and tissue distribution of human peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms PPARgamma2 versus PPARgamma1 and activation with retinoid X receptor agonists and antagonists. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8071-6 pubmed..Interestingly, a third protected band was detected with fat RNA indicating the possible existence of a third human PPARgamma isoform. ..
- Tagami T, Lutz W, Kumar R, Jameson J. The interaction of the vitamin D receptor with nuclear receptor corepressors and coactivators. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;253:358-63 pubmed..Thus, in comparison to TR, VDR exhibits relatively weak ligand-independent transcriptional silencing, but it possesses strong dimerization with RXR and ligand-induced binding to transcriptional coactivators. ..
- Chen F, Wang M, O Connor J, He M, Tripathi T, Harrison L. Phosphorylation of PPARgamma via active ERK1/2 leads to its physical association with p65 and inhibition of NF-kappabeta. J Cell Biochem. 2003;90:732-44 pubmed..Ciglitazone induced phosphorylation of PPARgamma through the MAP kinase pathway provides a potential regulatory mechanism for PPARgamma's physical interaction with p65, leading to inhibition of NF-kappabeta and subsequent apoptosis. ..
- Zhao Y, Qin S, Atangan L, Molina Y, Okawa Y, Arpawong H, et al. Casein kinase 1alpha interacts with retinoid X receptor and interferes with agonist-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30844-9 pubmed..Our study shows that CK1alpha can promote cell survival by interfering with RXR agonist-induced apoptosis. Inhibition of CK1alpha may enhance the anti-cancer effects of RXR agonists. ..
- Bellodi C, Kindle K, Bernassola F, Dinsdale D, Cossarizza A, Melino G, et al. Cytoplasmic function of mutant promyelocytic leukemia (PML) and PML-retinoic acid receptor-alpha. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14465-73 pubmed..Finally, we show that the bcr3 PML-RARalpha form is predominantly cytoplasmic and accumulates in PML-CBs. Taken together, these findings reveal novel insights into the molecular mechanisms contributing to APL. ..
- Niu H, Fujiwara H, di Martino O, Hadwiger G, Frederick T, Menéndez Gutiérrez M, et al. Endogenous retinoid X receptor ligands in mouse hematopoietic cells. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that natural RXRA ligands are present and dynamically increased in abundance in mouse hematopoietic cells in vivo. ..
- Ashraf M, Ong S, Mujawar S, Pawar S, More P, Paul S, et al. A side-effect free method for identifying cancer drug targets. Sci Rep. 2018;8:6669 pubmed publisher..g. ESR1, HDAC2, F2, PLG, PPARA, RXRA, etc). Based upon our KFC criteria, we have shortlisted ten proteins (GRB2, FYN, PIK3R1, CBL, JAK2, LCK, LYN, SYK, JAK1 and SOCS3) as effective candidates for drug development. ..
- Choi H, Seol W, Moore D. A component of the 26S proteasome binds on orphan member of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1996;56:23-30 pubmed..This interaction of a proteasomal protein with a transcriptional protein suggests a previously unexpected link between the processes of protein degradation and transcriptional regulation. ..
- DiRenzo J, Soderstrom M, Kurokawa R, Ogliastro M, Ricote M, Ingrey S, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors and retinoic acid receptors differentially control the interactions of retinoid X receptor heterodimers with ligands, coactivators, and corepressors. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2166-76 pubmed
- Chen H, Lin R, Schiltz R, Chakravarti D, Nash A, Nagy L, et al. Nuclear receptor coactivator ACTR is a novel histone acetyltransferase and forms a multimeric activation complex with P/CAF and CBP/p300. Cell. 1997;90:569-80 pubmed
- Suzuki Y, Shimada J, Shudo K, Matsumura M, Crippa M, Kojima S. Physical interaction between retinoic acid receptor and Sp1: mechanism for induction of urokinase by retinoic acid. Blood. 1999;93:4264-76 pubmed..and antagonists suggested that uPA induction is dependent upon RAR (initially, RARalpha) with the help of RXRalpha. Deletion analysis of the uPA promoter suggested that RAR/RXR acts on GC box region within the uPA promoter...
- Kim S, Kim H, Jung D, Lee S, Kim Y, Kim J, et al. Retinoid-dependent antagonism of serum response factor transactivation mediated by transcriptional coactivator proteins. Oncogene. 2001;20:6638-42 pubmed..We propose that the well-defined anti-proliferative action of retinoids could, at least in part, result from this novel transrepressive action on the mitogenic transcription factor SRF. ..
- Tippmann F, Hundt J, Schneider A, Endres K, Fahrenholz F. Up-regulation of the alpha-secretase ADAM10 by retinoic acid receptors and acitretin. FASEB J. 2009;23:1643-54 pubmed publisher..The results of this study may have clinical relevance because acitretin has been approved for the treatment of psoriasis since 1997 and found generally safe for long-term use in humans. ..
- Yu K, Dong Q, Mao X, Meng K, Zhao X, Ji Q, et al. Disruption of the TSLP-TSLPR-LAP signaling between epithelial and dendritic cells through hyperlipidemia contributes to regulatory T-Cell defects in atherosclerotic mice. Atherosclerosis. 2015;238:278-88 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Treg defects in ApoE(-/-) mice might partially be attributed to the disruption of TSLP-TSLPR-LAP signaling in epithelial cells (ECs) and DCs. ..
- Zhang Y, He S, Guo J, Peng H, Fan J, Li Q. Retinoid X Receptor Î±-Dependent HBV Minichromosome Remodeling and Viral Replication. Ann Hepatol. 2017;16:501-509 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a profound theoretical and experimental basis for late-model antiviral treatment acting on the HBV cccDNA and minichromosome. ..
- Oropeza C, Li L, McLachlan A. Differential inhibition of nuclear hormone receptor-dependent hepatitis B virus replication by the small heterodimer partner. J Virol. 2008;82:3814-21 pubmed publisherThe nuclear hormone receptors hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 (HNF4) and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) plus peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) heterodimer support hepatitis B virus (HBV) pregenomic RNA ..
- Onate S, Tsai S, Tsai M, O Malley B. Sequence and characterization of a coactivator for the steroid hormone receptor superfamily. Science. 1995;270:1354-7 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that SRC-1 encodes a coactivator that is required for full transcriptional activity of the steroid receptor superfamily. ..
- Wu Y, Cai Y, Aguilo J, Dai T, Ao Y, Wan Y. RXRalpha mRNA expression is associated with cell proliferation and cell cycle regulation in Hep3B cell. Exp Mol Pathol. 2004;76:24-8 pubmed..The functional role of retinoid x receptor alpha (RXRalpha) in cell proliferation and cell cycle regulation is not well understood...
- Boerma L, Xia G, Qui C, Cox B, Chalmers M, Smith C, et al. Defining the communication between agonist and coactivator binding in the retinoid X receptor ? ligand binding domain. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:814-26 pubmed publisher..They serve as hallmarks for how RXR changes conformation and dynamics in the presence of agonist and coactivator to initiate signaling. ..
- Ning R, Zhan Y, He S, Hu J, Zhu Z, Hu G, et al. Interleukin-6 Induces DEC1, Promotes DEC1 Interaction with RXR? and Suppresses the Expression of PXR, CAR and Their Target Genes. Front Pharmacol. 2017;8:866 pubmed publisher..Instead, DEC1 was found to interact with RXR? and IL-6 enhanced the interaction. These results conclude that DEC1 uses diverse mechanisms of action and supports IL-6 downregulation of drug-elimination genes and their regulators. ..
- Voegel J, Heine M, Tini M, Vivat V, Chambon P, Gronemeyer H. The coactivator TIF2 contains three nuclear receptor-binding motifs and mediates transactivation through CBP binding-dependent and -independent pathways. EMBO J. 1998;17:507-19 pubmed
- Benkoussa M, Brand C, Delmotte M, Formstecher P, Lefebvre P. Retinoic acid receptors inhibit AP1 activation by regulating extracellular signal-regulated kinase and CBP recruitment to an AP1-responsive promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4522-34 pubmed
- Dowell P, Otto T, Adi S, Lane M. Convergence of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and Foxo1 signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:45485-91 pubmed..A more general convergence of nuclear hormone receptor and forkhead factor pathways may be important for multiple biological processes and this convergence may be evolutionarily conserved. ..
- Maeng S, Kim G, Choi E, Yang H, Lee D, Sohn Y. 9-Cis-retinoic acid induces growth inhibition in retinoid-sensitive breast cancer and sea urchin embryonic cells via retinoid X receptor ? and replication factor C3. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1821-35 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that 9-cis-RA-activated RXR? suppresses the growth of RA-sensitive breast cancer and embryonic cells through RFC3. ..
- Miyamoto T, Kakizawa T, Hashizume K. Inhibition of nuclear receptor signalling by poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2644-9 pubmed..The interacting surface is located in the DNA binding domain of RXRalpha. Gel shift assays demonstrated that PARP bound to TR-RXR heterodimers on the response element...
- Chen H, Privalsky M. Cooperative formation of high-order oligomers by retinoid X receptors: an unexpected mode of DNA recognition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:422-6 pubmed..Thus, oligomer formation plays an important role in determining the specificity of DNA recognition by nuclear receptors and contributes to isoform-dependent differences in gene regulation. ..
- Gorla Bajszczak A, Juge Aubry C, Pernin A, Burger A, Meier C. Conserved amino acids in the ligand-binding and tau(i) domains of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha are necessary for heterodimerization with RXR. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1999;147:37-47 pubmed
- Segura C, Alonso M, Perez Fernandez R. Retinoid X receptor mRNA expression in human pituitary gland. J Physiol Biochem. 2000;56:101-5 pubmed..These results suggest the possibility that RXR may regulate the human pituitary gene expression and hormone secretion. ..
- Likhite V, Cass E, Anderson S, Yates J, Nardulli A. Interaction of estrogen receptor alpha with 3-methyladenine DNA glycosylase modulates transcription and DNA repair. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16875-82 pubmed..Our studies suggest that recruitment of MPG to ERE-containing genes influences transcription and plays a role in maintaining integrity of the genome by recruiting DNA repair proteins to actively transcribing DNA. ..
- Billiet L, Furman C, Larigauderie G, Copin C, Page S, Fruchart J, et al. Enhanced VDUP-1 gene expression by PPARgamma agonist induces apoptosis in human macrophage. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:183-91 pubmed..The results suggest that PPARgamma activation stimulates apoptosis in human macrophages by altering the cellular redox balance via regulation of VDUP-1. ..
- Chen Y, Moradin A, Schlessinger D, Nagaraja R. RXRÎ± and LXR activate two promoters in placenta- and tumor-specific expression of PLAC1. Placenta. 2011;32:877-84 pubmed publisher..Joint expression of activating nuclear receptors can partially account for the restricted expression of PLAC1 in placenta, and may be co-opted for preferential P1 or P2 PLAC1 expression in various tumor cells. ..
- Keller R, Klein M, Thomas M, DrÃ¤ger A, Metzger U, Templin M, et al. Coordinating Role of RXRÎ± in Downregulating Hepatic Detoxification during Inflammation Revealed by Fuzzy-Logic Modeling. PLoS Comput Biol. 2016;12:e1004431 pubmed publisher..79; P<0.0001). These results concur with RXRÎ± functioning as obligatory heterodimerization partner for several nuclear receptors that regulate drug and lipid metabolism. ..
- Blitek A, Szymanska M. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms are differentially expressed in peri-implantation porcine conceptuses. Theriogenology. 2017;101:53-61 pubmed publisher..01). Collectively, these results indicate that among all three PPARs expressed in peri-implantation porcine conceptuses, PPARD and PPARG may be involved in conceptus elongation before implantation. ..
- Schulman I, Chakravarti D, Juguilon H, Romo A, Evans R. Interactions between the retinoid X receptor and a conserved region of the TATA-binding protein mediate hormone-dependent transactivation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:8288-92 pubmed
- Dong S, Zhu J, Reid A, Strutt P, Guidez F, Zhong H, et al. Amino-terminal protein-protein interaction motif (POZ-domain) is responsible for activities of the promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger-retinoic acid receptor-alpha fusion protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3624-9 pubmed..has been shown to display a dominant-negative effect against the wild-type RARalpha/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)...
- Mathur M, Tucker P, Samuels H. PSF is a novel corepressor that mediates its effect through Sin3A and the DNA binding domain of nuclear hormone receptors. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2298-311 pubmed
- Cao X, Liu W, Lin F, Li H, Kolluri S, Lin B, et al. Retinoid X receptor regulates Nur77/TR3-dependent apoptosis [corrected] by modulating its nuclear export and mitochondrial targeting. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9705-25 pubmed..Here, we report that RXRalpha is required for nuclear export and mitochondrial targeting of Nur77 through their unique heterodimerization that ..
- Chai D, Wang B, Shen L, Pu J, Zhang X, He B. RXR agonists inhibit high-glucose-induced oxidative stress by repressing PKC activity in human endothelial cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;44:1334-47 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, RXRalpha, which was diffusely distributed in HUVECs, accumulated mainly in the nucleus upon high glucose exposure...
- Pestka A, Toth B, Kuhn C, Hofmann S, Wiest I, Wypior G, et al. Retinoid X receptor ? and retinoids are key regulators in apoptosis of trophoblasts of patients with recurrent miscarriages. J Mol Endocrinol. 2011;47:145-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RXR? represents a potential target in the treatment of recurrent miscarriages...
- Rastinejad F, Perlmann T, Evans R, Sigler P. Structural determinants of nuclear receptor assembly on DNA direct repeats. Nature. 1995;375:203-11 pubmed..The stereochemistry suggests a mechanism by which heterodimers recognize the inter-half-site spacing between direct repeats. ..
- Malerød L, Sporstøl M, Juvet L, Mousavi A, Gjøen T, Berg T. Hepatic scavenger receptor class B, type I is stimulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:557-65 pubmed..The present results are in agreement with previous reports, indicating that specific PPARgamma-agonists (such as TZDs) protect against atherosclerosis. ..
- Ruebner M, Langbein M, Strissel P, Henke C, Schmidt D, Goecke T, et al. Regulation of the human endogenous retroviral Syncytin-1 and cell-cell fusion by the nuclear hormone receptors PPAR?/RXR? in placentogenesis. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:2383-96 pubmed publisher..Our study characterized PPAR?/RXR? signaling in human CT and cell fusions identifying Syncytin-1 as a new target gene. Based on these results, a disturbed PPAR?/RXR? pathway could contribute to pathological human pregnancies...
- Park S, Yoo S, Kim J, An H, Kang M, Ko J. 14-3-3Î² and Î³ differentially regulate peroxisome proliferator activated receptor Î³2 transactivation and hepatic lipid metabolism. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:1237-47 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that 14-3-3Î² and Î³ are novel PPARÎ³2 regulators and are involved in hepatic lipid metabolism. 14-3-3Î² and Î³ can be therapeutic target molecules to treat non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. ..
- Garay Lugo N, Domínguez López A, Miliar Garcia A, Aguilar Barrera E, Gómez López M, Gomez Alcala A, et al. n-3 Fatty acids modulate the mRNA expression of the Nlrp3 inflammasome and Mtor in the liver of rats fed with high-fat or high-fat/fructose diets. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2016;38:353-63 pubmed publisher..We found the interrelation of the genes for the mTORC1 complex, the NLRP3 inflammasome, and other metabolically important proteins, and that these genes respond to n-3-PUFAs. ..
- Zhi X, Tao J, Zhang L, Tao R, Ma L, Qin J. Silencing speckle-type POZ protein by promoter hypermethylation decreases cell apoptosis through upregulating Hedgehog signaling pathway in colorectal cancer. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2569 pubmed publisher..It suggests that methylation status of SPOP promoter can be used as a novel epigenetic biomarker and a therapeutic target in CRC. ..
- Jimenez Lara A, Aranda A. Lysine 246 of the vitamin D receptor is crucial for ligand-dependent interaction with coactivators and transcriptional activity. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:13503-10 pubmed..These results indicate that the lysine 246 participates, together with residues in helix 12, in the recruitment of coactivators and that AF-2 activity is involved both in ligand-dependent transactivation and in transrepression by VDR. ..
- Kong H, Park M, Hong S, Yu H, Lee Y, Choi Y, et al. Hepatitis B virus X protein regulates transactivation activity and protein stability of the cancer-amplified transcription coactivator ASC-2. Hepatology. 2003;38:1258-66 pubmed..In conclusion, these results show that HBx stabilizes the cellular coactivator ASC-2 through direct protein-protein interaction, affecting the regulation of genes actively transcribed in liver cancer cells. ..
- Singh R, Gururaj A, Vadlamudi R, Kumar R. 9-cis-retinoic acid up-regulates expression of transcriptional coregulator PELP1, a novel coactivator of the retinoid X receptor alpha pathway. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15394-404 pubmedRetinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), functioning as either a homodimer or a heterodimer with peroxisome proliferator receptors, is known to be involved in manifesting antiproliferative effects in cells...
- Lee J, Choi H, Gyuris J, Brent R, Moore D. Two classes of proteins dependent on either the presence or absence of thyroid hormone for interaction with the thyroid hormone receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:243-54 pubmed
- Ren H, Huang G, Liu W, Zhang W, Liu Y, Su G, et al. IL-1Î² induced RXRÎ± overexpression through activation of NF-ÎºB signaling in gastric carcinoma. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;78:329-334 pubmed publisher..01). IL-1Î² upregulated RXRÎ± through activation of NF-ÎºB signaling and these suggested a possible clinic significance of retinoid receptor expression in the diagnosis and treatment of GC. ..
- Gao X, Nannini D, Corrao K, Torres M, Chen Y, Fan B, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies WNT7B as a novel locus for central corneal thickness in Latinos. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:5035-5045 pubmed publisher..25E-3). These findings provide further insight into the genetic architecture of CCT and illustrate that the use of minority groups in GWAS will help identify additional loci. ..
- Wu Q, Lin X, Ye X, Zhang B, Xie Z, Su W. Ubiquitinated or sumoylated retinoic acid receptor alpha determines its characteristic and interacting model with retinoid X receptor alpha in gastric and breast cancer cells. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;32:595-613 pubmed..This resulted in a reduction in the DNA binding activity of RARalpha/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) heterodimer, the separation of RXRalpha from RARalpha and the translocation of RXRalpha from the nucleus to the ..
- Bajpe P, Heynen G, Mittempergher L, Grernrum W, de Rink I, Nijkamp W, et al. The corepressor CTBP2 is a coactivator of retinoic acid receptor/retinoid X receptor in retinoic acid signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:3343-53 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal an unexpected function of the corepressor CTBP2 as a coactivator for RAR/RXR in RA signaling. ..
- Nagaya T, Murata Y, Yamaguchi S, Nomura Y, Ohmori S, Fujieda M, et al. Intracellular proteolytic cleavage of 9-cis-retinoic acid receptor alpha by cathepsin L-type protease is a potential mechanism for modulating thyroid hormone action. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:33166-73 pubmed..The major thyroid hormone receptor auxiliary protein was identified as 9-cis-retinoic acid receptor alpha (RXRalpha) in the hepatocytes regardless of the culture conditions...
- Delerive P, Wu Y, Burris T, Chin W, Suen C. PGC-1 functions as a transcriptional coactivator for the retinoid X receptors. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3913-7 pubmed..An immunoprecipitation assay reveals that PGC-1 and RXRalpha interact in vivo...
- Folkertsma S, van Noort P, de Heer A, Carati P, Brandt R, Visser A, et al. The use of in vitro peptide binding profiles and in silico ligand-receptor interaction profiles to describe ligand-induced conformations of the retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domain. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:30-48 pubmed..different cofactor peptides measuring the ligand-induced cofactor recruitment to the retinoid X receptor-alpha (RXRalpha) in the presence of 11 compounds...