Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RSK4
Description: ribosomal protein S6 kinase A6
Alias: PP90RSK4, RSK-4, RSK4, S6K-alpha-6, p90RSK6, ribosomal protein S6 kinase alpha-6, 90 kDa ribosomal protein S6 kinase 6, S6K-alpha 6, p90-RSK 6, ribosomal S6 kinase 4, ribosomal protein S6 kinase, 90kDa, polypeptide 6
- Thakur A, Sun Y, Bollig A, Wu J, Biliran H, Banerjee S, et al. Anti-invasive and antimetastatic activities of ribosomal protein S6 kinase 4 in breast cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:4427-36 pubmed publisherWe have previously shown that p90 ribosomal protein S6 kinase 4 (RSK4), an X-linked gene, is highly up-regulated in mammary tumors of MMTV-c-Myc transgenic mice...
- Zhu L, Zhang S, Huan X, Mei Y, Yang H. Down-regulation of TRAF4 targeting RSK4 inhibits proliferation, invasion and metastasis in breast cancer xenografts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;500:810-816 pubmed publisherRibosomal S6 protein kinase 4 (RSK4) was known as a novel tumor suppressor gene, and the tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 4 (TRAF4) was linked to carcinogenesis...
- Li A, Liu D, Liu Y, Zhou Y, Du Z, Song J. A Pilot Study of RSK4 Expression in Patients with Human Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2018;48:484-489 pubmed..The aim of this pilot study was to ascertain RSK4 expression at both the gene and protein level in normal and cancerous tissue of patients with NSCLC...
- Xi T, Zhang G. Epigenetic regulation on the gene expression signature in esophagus adenocarcinoma. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:83-88 pubmed publisher..The identified altered miRNA, genes and DNA methylation site may be applied as biomarkers for diagnosis and prognosis of NOS. ..
- Liu R, Liu T, Wei W, Guo K, Yang N, Tian S, et al. Novel interacting proteins identified by tandem affinity purification coupled to nano LC-MS/MS interact with ribosomal S6 protein kinase 4 (RSK4) and its variant protein (RSK4m). Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;96:421-428 pubmed publisherRibosomal S6 protein kinase 4 (RSK4) is an important novel tumor suppressor that inhibits breast cancer cell growth and induces senescence...
- Jiang Y, Ye X, Ji Y, Zhou X, Yang H, Wei W, et al. Aberrant expression of RSK4 in breast cancer and its role in the regulation of tumorigenicity. Int J Mol Med. 2017;40:883-890 pubmed publisher..In this study, to explore the expression and pathological role of RSK4 in breast cancer progression, we demonstrated that RSK4 expression was significantly decreased in breast cancer ..
- Fan L, Li P, Yin Z, Fu G, Liao D, Liu Y, et al. Ribosomal s6 protein kinase 4: a prognostic factor for renal cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:1137-46 pubmed publisherThe expression and function of ribosomal s6 protein kinase 4 (RSK4) in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) are unknown...
- Arechavaleta Velasco F, Zeferino Toquero M, Estrada Moscoso I, Imani Razavi F, Olivares A, Perez Juarez C, et al. Ribosomal S6 kinase 4 (RSK4) expression in ovarian tumors and its regulation by antineoplastic drugs in ovarian cancer cell lines. Med Oncol. 2016;33:11 pubmed publisherSurvival rate in ovarian cancer depends on the stage of the disease. RSK4, which has been considered as a tumor suppressor factor, controls cells invasion due to its antiinvasive and antimetastatic properties...
- Jakobs A, Himstedt F, Funk M, Korn B, Gaestel M, Niedenthal R. Ubc9 fusion-directed SUMOylation identifies constitutive and inducible SUMOylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:e109 pubmed..Hence, UFDS is appropriate for the identification and characterization of constitutive and, more importantly, induced protein SUMOylation in vivo. ..
- Kantojärvi K, Kotala I, Rehnstrom K, Ylisaukko Oja T, Vanhala R, von Wendt T, et al. Fine mapping of Xq11.1-q21.33 and mutation screening of RPS6KA6, ZNF711, ACSL4, DLG3, and IL1RAPL2 for autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Autism Res. 2011;4:228-33 pubmed publisher..A total of six novel and 11 known single nucleotide polymorphisms were identified. Further studies are warranted to analyze the candidate genes at Xq11.1-q21.33. ..
- Li Q, Jiang Y, Wei W, Ji Y, Gao H, Liu J. Frequent epigenetic inactivation of RSK4 by promoter methylation in cancerous and non-cancerous tissues of breast cancer. Med Oncol. 2014;31:793 pubmed publisher..Ribosomal s6 kinase4 (RSK4) is a potential tumor suppressor in multiple cancers, while its role in breast cancer is largely unknown...
- Zhu J, Li Q, Liu J, Wei W, Yang H, Tang W. RSK4 knockdown promotes proliferation, migration and metastasis of human breast adenocarcinoma cells. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:3156-62 pubmed publisherb>RSK4 has been shown to inhibit the growth of certain cancer cells...
- Siddiqui R, Sauermann U, Altmuller J, Fritzer E, Nothnagel M, Dalibor N, et al. X chromosomal variation is associated with slow progression to AIDS in HIV-1-infected women. Am J Hum Genet. 2009;85:228-39 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the mechanisms underlying this sex-specific effect will promote the development of antiretroviral therapies with high efficacy in both sexes. ..
- Harum K, Alemi L, Johnston M. Cognitive impairment in Coffin-Lowry syndrome correlates with reduced RSK2 activation. Neurology. 2001;56:207-14 pubmed..It provides additional evidence that the CREB kinase, RSK2, and CREB phosphorylation may play important roles in human learning and memory, as they do in lower animals. ..
- Yin Z, Fan L, Huang G, Wang H, Wang Z. The possible role of ribosomal protein S6 kinase 4 in the senescence of endothelial progenitor cells in diabetes mellitus. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:12 pubmed publisher..Recently, ribosomal protein S6 kinase 4 (RSK4), a member of serine/threomine (Ser/Thr) kinase family and p53-related gene, is reported to regulate the ..
- Roux P, Richards S, Blenis J. Phosphorylation of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase (RSK) regulates extracellular signal-regulated kinase docking and RSK activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:4796-804 pubmed..These results provide new evidence for the regulated nature of ERK docking interactions and reveal important differences among the closely related RSK family members. ..
- Cai J, Ma H, Huang F, Zhu D, Zhao L, Yang Y, et al. Low expression of RSK4 predicts poor prognosis in patients with colorectal cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:4959-70 pubmed..Ribosomal s6 kinase4 (RSK4), an X-linked gene, firstly was found as to be a potential tumor suppressive gene in a variety of cancers and is ..
- Serra V, Eichhorn P, García García C, Ibrahim Y, Prudkin L, Sánchez G, et al. RSK3/4 mediate resistance to PI3K pathway inhibitors in breast cancer. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2551-63 pubmed publisher..target of rapamycin (PI3K/mTOR) blockade, including the ribosomal S6 kinases RPS6KA2 (RSK3) and RPS6KA6 (RSK4)...
- Liu J, Yang H, Chen Z, Jiang Y. [Abnormal expression of RSK-4 and its clinical significance in breast cancer]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2011;33:452-6 pubmed..05). The down-regulation of RSK-4 expression in breast caner suggests that it is a breast cancer suppressor gene, and the lack or down-regulation of RSK-4 expression is involved in the genesis and progression of breast cancer. ..