Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RREB1
Description: ras responsive element binding protein 1
Alias: FINB, HNT, LZ321, RREB-1, Zep-1, ras-responsive element-binding protein 1, DNA-binding protein, finger protein in nuclear bodies, hindsight homolog, raf-responsive zinc finger protein LZ321, zinc finger motif enhancer-binding protein 1
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Senkevich T, Katsafanas G, Weisberg A, Olano L, Moss B. Identification of Vaccinia Virus Replisome and Transcriptome Proteins by Isolation of Proteins on Nascent DNA Coupled with Mass Spectrometry. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..The nascent DNA colocalized with the VACV single-stranded DNA binding protein I3 in multiple puncta throughout the interior of factories, which were surrounded by endoplasmic reticulum...
- Weidenbach K, Nickel L, Neve H, Alkhnbashi O, KÃ¼nzel S, Kupczok A, et al. Methanosarcina Spherical Virus, a Novel Archaeal Lytic Virus Targeting Methanosarcina Strains. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Moreover, the availability of a specific virus provides new possibilities to deepen our knowledge of the defense mechanisms of potential hosts and offers tools for genetic manipulation. ..
- Volonte C, Apolloni S, Parisi C. MicroRNAs: newcomers into the ALS picture. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets. 2015;14:194-207 pubmed..C9ORF72), Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD1), fused in sarcoma/translocated in liposarcoma (FUS/TLS), TAR-DNA binding protein 43 (TDP43)...
- Moujalled D, Grubman A, Acevedo K, Yang S, Ke Y, Moujalled D, et al. TDP-43 mutations causing amyotrophic lateral sclerosis are associated with altered expression of RNA-binding protein hnRNP K and affect the Nrf2 antioxidant pathway. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1732-1746 pubmed publisherTAR DNA binding protein 43 (TDP-43) is a major disease-associated protein involved in the pathogenesis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and frontotemporal lobar degeneration with ubiquitin-positive inclusions (FTLD-U)...
- BerjÃ³n Otero M, Lechuga A, Mehla J, Uetz P, Salas M, Redrejo RodrÃguez M. Bam35 tectivirus intraviral interaction map unveils new function and localization of phage ORFan proteins. J Virol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We also detected interactions involving non-structural proteins, such as the DNA binding protein P1 and the genome terminal protein (P4), which was confirmed by co-immunoprecipitation of recombinant ..
- Tempera I, De Leo A, Kossenkov A, Cesaroni M, Song H, Dawany N, et al. Identification of MEF2B, EBF1, and IL6R as Direct Gene Targets of Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) Nuclear Antigen 1 Critical for EBV-Infected B-Lymphocyte Survival. J Virol. 2016;90:345-55 pubmed publisherEpstein-Barr virus (EBV) nuclear antigen 1 (EBNA1) is the EBV-encoded nuclear antigen and sequence-specific DNA binding protein required for viral origin binding and episome maintenance during latency...
- Obulhasim G, Yasen M, Kajino K, Mogushi K, Tanaka S, Mizushima H, et al. Up-regulation of dbpA mRNA in hepatocellular carcinoma associated with metabolic syndrome. Hepatol Int. 2013;7:215-25 pubmed publisher..The demethylation-related epigenetic activation may be one of the regulating factors for HCC patients with MS. ..
- Genbacev O, Larocque N, Ona K, Prakobphol A, Garrido Gomez T, Kapidzic M, et al. Integrin ?4-positive human trophoblast progenitors: functional characterization and transcriptional regulation. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:1300-14 pubmed publisher..O., A.P., T.G.-G., M.K., A.B., M.G. have nothing to disclose. S.J.F. received licensing fees and royalties from SeraCare Life Sciences for trisomic TBPC lines that were derived according to the methods described in this manuscript. N/A. ..
- Plecha S, Withey J. Mechanism for inhibition of Vibrio cholerae ToxT activity by the unsaturated fatty acid components of bile. J Bacteriol. 2015;197:1716-25 pubmed publisher..This differs from the inhibitory mechanism of a synthetic ToxT inhibitor, virstatin, which inhibits ToxT dimerization. Understanding the mechanisms for inhibition of virulence could lead to better cholera therapeutics. ..
- Cheng Z, Lin M, Rikihisa Y. Ehrlichia chaffeensis proliferation begins with NtrY/NtrX and PutA/GlnA upregulation and CtrA degradation induced by proline and glutamine uptake. MBio. 2014;5:e02141 pubmed publisher..Our findings will advance the field's current conceptual paradigm on regulation of obligatory intracellular nutrition, metabolism, and growth. ..
- Brockman K, Azzari P, Branstool M, Atack J, Schulz B, Jen F, et al. Epigenetic Regulation Alters Biofilm Architecture and Composition in Multiple Clinical Isolates of Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae. MBio. 2018;9: pubmed publisher..The findings of this work could be significant in the design of improved strategies against NTHI infections, as well as diseases due to other pathogens that utilize a phasevarion. ..
- MacNair L, Xiao S, Miletic D, Ghani M, Julien J, Keith J, et al. MTHFSD and DDX58 are novel RNA-binding proteins abnormally regulated in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Brain. 2016;139:86-100 pubmed publisher..This discovery-based approach has for the first time revealed translational changes in motor neurons of a TDP-43 mouse model, identifying DDX58 and MTHFSD as two TDP-43 targets that are misregulated in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. ..
- Moujalled D, James J, Parker S, Lidgerwood G, Duncan C, Meyerowitz J, et al. Kinase Inhibitor Screening Identifies Cyclin-Dependent Kinases and Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 as Potential Modulators of TDP-43 Cytosolic Accumulation during Cell Stress. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67433 pubmed publisherAbnormal processing of TAR DNA binding protein 43 (TDP-43) has been identified as a major factor in neuronal degeneration during amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD)...
- Bianchi N, Cosenza L, Lampronti I, Finotti A, Breveglieri G, Zuccato C, et al. Structural and Functional Insights on an Uncharacterized AÎ³-Globin-Gene Polymorphism Present in Four Î²0-Thalassemia Families with High Fetal Hemoglobin Levels. Mol Diagn Ther. 2016;20:161-73 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we report evidence suggesting that the AÎ³-globin gene +25(Gâ†’A) polymorphism decreases the efficiency of the interaction between this sequence and specific DNA binding protein complexes.
- Lu F, Wikramasinghe P, Norseen J, Tsai K, Wang P, Showe L, et al. Genome-wide analysis of host-chromosome binding sites for Epstein-Barr Virus Nuclear Antigen 1 (EBNA1). Virol J. 2010;7:262 pubmed publisher..We conclude that EBNA1 can interact with a large number of cellular genes and chromosomal loci in latently infected cells, but that these sites are likely to represent a complex ensemble of direct and indirect EBNA1 binding sites. ..
- Kemp M. DNA damage-induced ATM- and Rad-3-related (ATR) kinase activation in non-replicating cells is regulated by the XPB subunit of transcription factor IIH (TFIIH). J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12424-12435 pubmed publisher..inhibition of the XPB subunit of transcription factor IIH prevented the accumulation of the single-stranded DNA binding protein replication protein A (RPA) on damaged chromatin and severely abrogated ATR signaling in response to NA-AAF ..
- Kim T, Kim M, Lee J, Kim S, Je J, Lee Y, et al. CCCTC-binding factor controls the homeostatic maintenance and migration of Langerhans cells. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;136:713-24 pubmed publisher..Our results show that CTCF positively regulates the homeostatic pool and the efficient emigration of LCs, which are required for modulating the functional immune network of the skin. ..
- Matsumoto A, Suzuki H, Fukatsu R, Shimizu H, Suzuki Y, Hisanaga K. An autopsy case of frontotemporal lobar degeneration with the appearance of fused in sarcoma inclusions (basophilic inclusion body disease) clinically presenting corticobasal syndrome. Neuropathology. 2016;36:77-87 pubmed publisher..Our case suggested further pathological heterogeneity in CBS than had previously been reported. It is necessary to consider FTLD-FUS (BIBD) as a background pathology for CBS in the future. ..
- Leyn S, Rodionova I, Li X, Rodionov D. Novel Transcriptional Regulons for Autotrophic Cycle Genes in Crenarchaeota. J Bacteriol. 2015;197:2383-91 pubmed publisher..Novel regulons described for the first time in this work provide a basis for understanding the mechanisms of transcriptional regulation of autotrophic pathways in Archaea. ..
- Pardo E, Orejas M. The Aspergillus nidulans Zn(II)2Cys6 transcription factor AN5673/RhaR mediates L-rhamnose utilization and the production of Î±-L-rhamnosidases. Microb Cell Fact. 2014;13:161 pubmed publisher..Gel mobility shift assays revealed RhaR to be a DNA binding protein recognizing a partially symmetrical CGG-X11-CCG sequence within the rhaA promoter...
- Hayashi Y, Iwasaki Y, Takekoshi A, Yoshikura N, Asano T, Mimuro M, et al. An autopsy-verified case of FTLD-TDP type A with upper motor neuron-predominant motor neuron disease mimicking MM2-thalamic-type sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Prion. 2016;10:492-501 pubmed..autopsy-verified case of frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD)-transactivation responsive region (TAR) DNA binding protein (TDP) type A with upper motor neuron-predominant motor neuron disease mimicking MM2-thalamic-type sporadic ..
- Karas V, Westerlaken I, Meyer A. The DNA-Binding Protein from Starved Cells (Dps) Utilizes Dual Functions To Defend Cells against Multiple Stresses. J Bacteriol. 2015;197:3206-15 pubmed publisher..Both biochemical activities are required to protect E. coli against stressors, as well as to protect DNA from oxidative damage in vitro. These results suggest that many stressors may cause both oxidative stress and direct DNA damage. ..
- Llewellyn K, Nalbandian A, Weiss L, Chang I, Yu H, Khatib B, et al. Myogenic differentiation of VCP disease-induced pluripotent stem cells: A novel platform for drug discovery. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176919 pubmed publisher..VCP disease phenotype is characterized by high expression of TAR DNA Binding Protein-43 (TDP-43), ubiquitin (Ub), Light Chain 3-I/II protein (LC3-I/II), and p62/SQSTM1 (p62) protein indicating ..
- Zou J, Milon B, Desouki M, Costello L, Franklin R. hZIP1 zinc transporter down-regulation in prostate cancer involves the overexpression of ras responsive element binding protein-1 (RREB-1). Prostate. 2011;71:1518-24 pubmed publisher..RREB-1 overexpression results in down-regulation of hZIP1 and contributes to the loss of hZIP1 expression and zinc in prostate cancer. This is an early event in prostate carcinogenesis. ..
- Gulino R, Parenti R, Gulisano M. Novel Mechanisms of Spinal Cord Plasticity in a Mouse Model of Motoneuron Disease. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:654637 pubmed publisher..TDP-43 is a nuclear RNA/DNA binding protein involved in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis...
- Fahad S, Hussain S, Saud S, Tanveer M, Bajwa A, Hassan S, et al. A biochar application protects rice pollen from high-temperature stress. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2015;96:281-7 pubmed publisher..Temperature treatments included high daytime temperature (HDT), high nighttime temperature (HNT) and ambient temperature (AT). The fertilization treatments were control, biochar alone, P alone and biochar + P...
- Kent O, SandÃ M, Burston H, Brown K, Rottapel R. An oncogenic KRAS transcription program activates the RHOGEF ARHGEF2 to mediate transformed phenotypes in pancreatic cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:4484-4500 pubmed publisher..factors ELK1, ETS1, SP1 and SP3 and negatively regulated by the RAS responsive element binding protein (RREB1)...
- Ling X, Huang Q, Xu Y, Jin Y, Feng Y, Shi W, et al. The deubiquitinating enzyme Usp5 regulates Notch and RTK signaling during Drosophila eye development. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:875-888 pubmed publisher..Moreover, genetic rescue experiments with the DNA binding protein Suppressor of Hairless or Notch RNAi indicate that they mediate the regulation of RTK signaling by Usp5...
- Arzate Mejía R, Recillas Targa F, Corces V. Developing in 3D: the role of CTCF in cell differentiation. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..We propose that the lineage-specific control of CTCF levels, and its partnership with lineage-specific transcription factors, allows for the control of cell type-specific gene expression via chromatin looping. ..
- Shi Y, Sawada J, Sui G, Affar E, Whetstine J, Lan F, et al. Coordinated histone modifications mediated by a CtBP co-repressor complex. Nature. 2003;422:735-8 pubmed..These findings identify a molecular mechanism by which CtBP mediates transcriptional repression and provide insight into CtBP participation in oncogenesis. ..
- Endo S, Amano M, Nishimura N, Ueno N, Ueno S, Yuki H, et al. Immunomodulatory drugs act as inhibitors of DNA methyltransferases and induce PU.1 up-regulation in myeloma cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:236-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, IMiDs exert demethylation activity through inhibiting DNMT1, 3a, and 3b, and up-regulating PU.1 expression, which may be one of the mechanisms of the anti-myeloma activity of IMiDs. ..
- Konno T, Siuda J, Wszolek Z. Genetics of Parkinson's disease: a review of SNCA and LRRK2. Wiad Lek. 2016;69:328-32 pubmed..The patients with LRRK2 mutations present with relatively typical PD phenotypes, but heterogeneous pathologies including ?-synuclein, tau, and occasionaly transactive response DNA-binding protein 43. ..
- Upton H, Chan H, Feigon J, Collins K. Shared Subunits of Tetrahymena Telomerase Holoenzyme and Replication Protein A Have Different Functions in Different Cellular Complexes. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:217-228 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Tetrahymena telomerase holoenzyme and RPA complexes share subunits and that RPA subunits have distinct functions in different heterotrimer assemblies. ..
- Shintaku M, Kaneda D, Oyanagi K. Novel intracytoplasmic inclusions immunoreactive for phosphorylated-TDP43 and cystatin C in anterior horn cells in a case of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Neuropathology. 2017;37:526-534 pubmed publisher..Although their pathogenesis remains unknown, these unique inclusions may have been formed under a specific condition whereby p-TDP43 and cystatin C interacted with each other...
- Kim B, Irwin D, Song D, Daniel E, Leveque J, Raquib A, et al. Optical coherence tomography identifies outer retina thinning in frontotemporal degeneration. Neurology. 2017;89:1604-1611 pubmed publisher..7 vs 97.4 Î¼m, p = 0.01) and EZ (14.4 vs 15.1 Î¼m, p = 0.01) than controls. FTD is associated with outer retina thinning, and this thinning correlates with disease severity. ..
- Lee D, Ko J, Ji Y, Chung H, Hwang T. Proteomic identification of RREB1, PDE6B, and CD209 up-regulated in primitive gut tube differentiated from human embryonic stem cells. Pancreas. 2012;41:65-73 pubmed publisher..These proteins were functionally annotated based on gene ontology. The expression levels of 3 proteins, RREB1, PDE6B, and CD209, involved in signal transduction, were validated using quantitative reverse transcription-..
- Wang F, Tidei J, Polich E, Gao Y, Zhao H, Perrone Bizzozero N, et al. Positive feedback between RNA-binding protein HuD and transcription factor SATB1 promotes neurogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E4995-5004 pubmed publisher..Our results here reveal a novel positive feedback network between an RNA-binding protein and a transcription factor that plays critical regulatory roles in neurogenesis. ..
- Torrente M, Chuang E, Noll M, Jackrel M, Go M, Shorter J. Mechanistic Insights into Hsp104 Potentiation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:5101-15 pubmed publisher..Indeed, ATPase activity at NBD1 or NBD2 is sufficient for Hsp104 potentiation. Our findings will empower design of ameliorated therapeutic disaggregases for various neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Newton K, Wickliffe K, Maltzman A, Dugger D, Strasser A, Pham V, et al. RIPK1 inhibits ZBP1-driven necroptosis during development. Nature. 2016;540:129-133 pubmed publisher..the RIP homotypic interaction motif (RHIM) in RIPK1 prevents the RHIM-containing adaptor protein ZBP1 (Z-DNA binding protein 1; also known as DAI or DLM1) from activating RIPK3 upstream of MLKL...
- Fantini D, Huang S, Asara J, Bagchi S, Raychaudhuri P. Chromatin association of XRCC5/6 in the absence of DNA damage depends on the XPE gene product DDB2. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:192-200 pubmed publisher..Together our results show that DDB2 is critical for chromatin association of XRCC5/6 in the absence of DNA damage and provide evidence that XRCC5/6 are functional partners of DDB2 in its transcriptional stimulatory activity. ..
- Bianco P, Pottinger S, Tan H, Nguyenduc T, Rex K, Varshney U. The IDL of E. coli SSB links ssDNA and protein binding by mediating protein-protein interactions. Protein Sci. 2017;26:227-241 pubmed publisherThe E. coli single strand DNA binding protein (SSB) is essential to viability where it functions in two seemingly disparate roles: it binds to single stranded DNA (ssDNA) and to target proteins that comprise the SSB interactome...
- Romano R, Shon W, Sukov W. Malignant Melanoma of the Nail Apparatus: A Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization Analysis of 7 Cases. Int J Surg Pathol. 2016;24:512-8 pubmed publisher..melanomas were analyzed by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) using probes targeting the genes at 6p25 (RREB1), 11q13 (CCND1), 8q24.1 (MYC), 6q23 (MYB), 9p21 (CDKN2A) and the centromeres of chromosomes 8 (D8Z2) and 6 (D6Z1)...
- Durand A, Sinha A, Dard Dascot C, Michel B. Mutations Affecting Potassium Import Restore the Viability of the Escherichia coli DNA Polymerase III holD Mutant. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006114 pubmed publisher..ssb gene duplication, proposed to stabilize HolD-less Pol III HE by a modification of the single-stranded DNA binding protein (SSB) binding mode...
- Santamaria N, Alhothali M, Alfonso M, Breydo L, Uversky V. Intrinsic disorder in proteins involved in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:1297-1318 pubmed publisherFive structurally and functionally different proteins, an enzyme superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1), a TAR-DNA binding protein-43 (TDP-43), an RNA-binding protein FUS, a cofilin-binding protein C9orf72, and polypeptides generated as a result ..
- Li Y, Li Z, Wu R, Han Z, Zhu W. And-1 is required for homologous recombination repair by regulating DNA end resection. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:2531-2545 pubmed publisher..These findings collectively demonstrate a hitherto unknown role of MDC1?And-1?CtIP axis that regulates CtIP-mediated DNA end resection and cellular response to DSBs. ..
- Irwin D, Lleo A, Xie S, McMillan C, Wolk D, Lee E, et al. Ante mortem cerebrospinal fluid tau levels correlate with postmortem tau pathology in frontotemporal lobar degeneration. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:247-258 pubmed publisher..Autopsy-confirmed samples are critical for FTLD biomarker development and validation. Ann Neurol 2017;82:247-258. ..
- Costello L, Zou J, Desouki M, Franklin R. Evidence for changes in RREB-1, ZIP3, and Zinc in the early development of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. J Gastrointest Cancer. 2012;43:570-8 pubmed publisher..This relationship constitutes a new concept of early genetic/metabolic events in the progressive transformation of normal cells to premalignant cells to malignant cells in the development of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Liptak C, Loria J. Movement and specificity in a modular DNA binding protein. Structure. 2015;23:973-4 pubmed publisher..2015) show that the flexibility and interactions of the modular domains of RPA are altered byÂ ssDNA binding and suggest that these changes in configurational freedom are important for the many functions of RPA. ..
- Chang X, Tan M, Tan L, Yu J. The Role of TDP-43 in Alzheimer's Disease. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:3349-3359 pubmed publisherThe transactive response DNA binding protein (TDP-43) has long been characterized as a main hallmark of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and frontotemporal lobar degeneration with ubiquitin-positive inclusions (FTLD-U, also known as ..
- Gopal P, Nirschl J, Klinman E, Holzbaur E. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-linked mutations increase the viscosity of liquid-like TDP-43 RNP granules in neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E2466-E2475 pubmed publisher..Mutations in the human RBPs TAR-DNA binding protein 43 (TDP-43) and RNA-binding protein FUS cause amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), but the biophysical ..
- Zhang Y, Fu L, Shu Z, Yang H, Tang A, Jiang T. Substitutional Doping for Aluminosilicate Mineral and Superior Water Splitting Performance. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2017;12:456 pubmed publisher..This paper first designed an efficient lanthanum (La) doping strategy for nanotubular clay (halloysite nanotube, HNT) through the dynamic equilibrium of a substitutional atom in the presence of saturated AlCl3 solution, ..
- Ratti A, Buratti E. Physiological functions and pathobiology of TDP-43 and FUS/TLS proteins. J Neurochem. 2016;138 Suppl 1:95-111 pubmed publisher..played by RNA binding proteins in neurodegeneration have become apparent following the discovery of TAR DNA binding protein 43 kDa (TDP-43) and fused in sarcoma/translocated in liposarcoma (FUS/TLS) involvement in amyotrophic ..
- Liu J, Luo X, Xu Y, Gu J, Tang F, Jin Y, et al. Single-stranded DNA binding protein Ssbp3 induces differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into trophoblast-like cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:79 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the role of the single-stranded DNA binding protein, Ssbp3, for the induction of trophoblast-like differentiation from mouse ESCs...
- Ohta S, Yaguchi T, Okuno H, Chneiweiss H, Kawakami Y, Okano H. CHD7 promotes proliferation of neural stem cells mediated by MIF. Mol Brain. 2016;9:96 pubmed..Collectively, our data demonstrate that CHD7 is an important factor in the proliferation and stemness maintenance of NSPCs, and CHD7 is a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of gliomas. ..
- Braak H, Del Tredici K. Anterior Cingulate Cortex TDP-43 Pathology in Sporadic Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2018;77:74-83 pubmed publisher..Some implications of the findings for the pathogenesis and progression of TDP-43 pathology in sALS are discussed. ..
- Matthey N, Blokesch M. The DNA-Uptake Process of Naturally Competent Vibrio cholerae. Trends Microbiol. 2016;24:98-110 pubmed publisher..cholerae, highlighting the presence of an extended competence-induced pilus and the contribution of a conserved DNA-binding protein that acts as a ratchet and reels DNA into the periplasm. ..
- Parakh S, Atkin J. Protein folding alterations in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Brain Res. 2016;1648:633-649 pubmed publisher..are associated either genetically or pathologically in ALS, including superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1), Tar DNA binding protein-43 (TDP-43), Ubiquilin-2, p62, VCP, and dipeptide repeat proteins produced by unconventional repeat ..
- Ooka M, Abe T, Cho K, Koike K, Takeda S, Hirota K. Chromatin remodeler ALC1 prevents replication-fork collapse by slowing fork progression. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0192421 pubmed publisher..1), an SNF2 superfamily chromatin-remodeling factor also known as CHD1L (chromodomain helicase/ATPase DNA binding protein 1-like), is implicated in base-excision repair, where PARP (Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase) mediated Poly(ADP-..
- Singh S, Narayanan S, Biswas K, Gupta A, Ahuja N, Yadav S, et al. Intragenic DNA methylation and BORIS-mediated cancer-specific splicing contribute to the Warburg effect. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:11440-11445 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the role of intragenic DNA methylation and DNA binding protein BORIS in cancer-specific splicing and its role in tumorigenesis.
- Sun J, Zhang L, Zhao H, Qiu X, Chen W, Wang D, et al. CHD1L Regulates Cell Cycle, Apoptosis, and Migration in Glioma. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2016;36:565-76 pubmed publisherChromodomain helicase/ATPase DNA binding protein 1-like (CHD1L) gene is a newly identified oncogene located at Chr1q21 and it is amplified in many solid tumors...
- Josephs K, Whitwell J, Tosakulwong N, Weigand S, Murray M, Liesinger A, et al. TAR DNA-binding protein 43 and pathological subtype of Alzheimer's disease impact clinical features. Ann Neurol. 2015;78:697-709 pubmed publisher..Clinical presentation in AD is driven by pathological subtype, not by TDP-43. ..
- Del Buffa S, Rinaldi E, Carretti E, Ridi F, Bonini M, Baglioni P. Injectable composites via functionalization of 1D nanoclays and biodegradable coupling with a polysaccharide hydrogel. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;145:562-566 pubmed publisher..we describe the preparation of hydrogel composites made of carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) and halloysite nanotubes (HNT) as injectable materials for the local treatment of bone defects...
- He H, Ye A, Kim H, Kim J. PEG3 Interacts with KAP1 through KRAB-A. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167541 pubmed publisher..Overall, the current study identifies PEG3 as a KRAB-containing zinc finger protein that interacts with the co-repressor protein KAP1. ..
- Chuka R, Abdullah W, Rieger J, Nayar S, Seikaly H, Osswald M, et al. Implant Utilization and Time to Prosthetic Rehabilitation in Conventional and Advanced Fibular Free Flap Reconstruction of the Maxilla and Mandible. Int J Prosthodont. 2017;30:289-294 pubmed publisher..A retrospective chart review was conducted on adult head and neck tumor (HNT) participants who completed JRR treatment with a fibular free flap (FFF) reconstruction...
- Poornima S, Gunasekaran K, Kandaswamy M. Nuclease activity and interaction studies of unsymmetrical binuclear Ni(II) complexes with CT-DNA and BSA. Dalton Trans. 2015;44:16361-71 pubmed publisher..Binuclear Ni(II) complexes (1-5) displayed significant protein (bovine serum albumin) interactions. The experimental results showed that the interaction between binuclear Ni(II) complexes and BSA was mainly a static quenching process. ..
- Komatsu T, Dacheux D, Kreppel F, Nagata K, Wodrich H. A Method for Visualization of Incoming Adenovirus Chromatin Complexes in Fixed and Living Cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137102 pubmed publisher..Core protein VII is the major DNA binding protein and was shown to remain associated with viral genomes upon virus entry even after nuclear delivery...
- Hirano A, Nakagawa T, Yoshitane H, Oyama M, Kozuka Hata H, Lanjakornsiripan D, et al. USP7 and TDP-43: Pleiotropic Regulation of Cryptochrome Protein Stability Paces the Oscillation of the Mammalian Circadian Clock. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0154263 pubmed publisher..We identified another CRYs-interacting protein, TAR DNA binding protein 43 (TDP-43), an RNA-binding protein...
- Conversano F, Pisani P, Casciaro E, Di Paola M, Leporatti S, Franchini R, et al. Automatic Echographic Detection of Halloysite Clay Nanotubes in a Low Concentration Range. Nanomaterials (Basel). 2016;6: pubmed publisher..Different HNT concentrations in a low range (5.5-66 × 1010 part/mL, equivalent to 0.25-3...
- Dutta K, Patel P, Rahimian R, Phaneuf D, Julien J. Withania somnifera Reverses Transactive Response DNA Binding Protein 43 Proteinopathy in a Mouse Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis/Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration. Neurotherapeutics. 2017;14:447-462 pubmed publisherAbnormal cytoplasmic mislocalization of transactive response DNA binding protein 43 (TARDBP or TDP-43) in degenerating neurons is a hallmark of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and frontotemporal lobar degeneration with ubiquitin-..
- Feng W, Shao C, Liu H. Versatile Roles of the Chromatin Remodeler CHD7 during Brain Development and Disease. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:309 pubmed publisherCHD7 (Chromo-Helicase-DNA binding protein 7) protein is an ATP-dependent chromatin remodeler. Heterozygous mutation of the CHD7 gene causes a severe congenital disease known as CHARGE syndrome...
- Sugasawa K. Molecular mechanisms of DNA damage recognition for mammalian nucleotide excision repair. DNA Repair (Amst). 2016;44:110-117 pubmed publisher..This chapter reviews recent findings about the mechanisms underlying the efficiency, versatility, and accuracy of NER. ..
- Enany S, Yoshida Y, Tateishi Y, Ozeki Y, Nishiyama A, Savitskaya A, et al. Mycobacterial DNA-binding protein 1 is critical for long term survival of Mycobacterium smegmatis and simultaneously coordinates cellular functions. Sci Rep. 2017;7:6810 pubmed publisher..This study suggests the importance of MDP1-dependent simultaneous control of the cellular functions in the long-term survival of mycobacteria. ..
- Mishima T, Koga S, Lin W, Kasanuki K, Castanedes Casey M, Wszolek Z, et al. Perry Syndrome: A Distinctive Type of TDP-43 Proteinopathy. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2017;76:676-682 pubmed publisher..Dynactin p50 inclusions were observed in both Perry syndrome and HMN7B, but not in the other conditions. These results suggest that Perry syndrome may be distinctive type of TDP-43 proteinopathy. ..
- Le Gallo M, Rudd M, Urick M, Hansen N, Merino M, Mutch D, et al. The FOXA2 transcription factor is frequently somatically mutated in uterine carcinosarcomas and carcinomas. Cancer. 2018;124:65-73 pubmed publisher..9%), F-box and WD repeat domain containing 7 (FBXW7) (18.9%), chromodomain helicase DNA binding protein 4 (CHD4) (17.0%), and forkhead box A2 (FOXA2) (15.1%)...
- Muñoz López A, Summerer D. Recognition of Oxidized 5-Methylcytosine Derivatives in DNA by Natural and Engineered Protein Scaffolds. Chem Rec. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Here, we review recent structural and functional insights into the molecular recognition of oxidized 5-methylcytosine derivatives in DNA by selected protein scaffolds...
- Taga M, Semmelhack J, Bassler B. The LuxS-dependent autoinducer AI-2 controls the expression of an ABC transporter that functions in AI-2 uptake in Salmonella typhimurium. Mol Microbiol. 2001;42:777-93 pubmed..It is intriguing that an operon regulated by AI-2 encodes functions resembling the ribose transporter, given recent findings that AI-2 is derived from the ribosyl moiety of S-ribosylhomocysteine...
- Zhao X, He R, Liu Y, Wu Y, Kang L. UPregulated single-stranded DNA-binding protein 1 induces cell chemoresistance to cisplatin in lung cancer cell lines. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;431:21-27 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that SSDBP1 may induce cell chemoresistance of cisplatin through promoting DNA repair, resistance-related gene expression, cell proliferation, and inhibiting apoptosis. ..
- Wang M, He S, Liu L, Sun X, Yang F, Ge Q, et al. Potential role of ZEB1 as a DNA repair regulator in colorectal cancer cells revealed by cancer-associated promoter profiling. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:1941-1948 pubmed publisher..In summary, the present study identified three DDR-associated genes as ZEB1 downstream targets, and demonstrated that their suppression by ZEB1 contributes to ZEB1-mediated chemoresistance. ..
- Garnier C, Devred F, Byrne D, Puppo R, Roman A, Malesinski S, et al. Zinc binding to RNA recognition motif of TDP-43 induces the formation of amyloid-like aggregates. Sci Rep. 2017;7:6812 pubmed publisherAggregation of TDP-43 (transactive response DNA binding protein 43?kDa) is a hallmark of certain forms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD)...
- Huang S, Fantini D, Merrill B, Bagchi S, Guzman G, Raychaudhuri P. DDB2 Is a Novel Regulator of Wnt Signaling in Colon Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:6562-6575 pubmed publisher..Our results identify DDB2 as both a partner and regulator of Wnt signaling, with an important role in suppressing colon cancer development. Cancer Res; 77(23); 6562-75. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Sharma P, Tomar A, Kundu B. Interplay between CedA, rpoB and double stranded DNA: A step towards understanding CedA mediated cell division in E. coli. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;107:2026-2033 pubmed publisher..CedA, a double stranded DNA binding protein, interacts with various subunits of RNA polymerase complex, including rpoB...
- Kariawasam R, Knight M, Gamsjaeger R, Cubeddu L. Backbone 1H, 13C and 15N resonance assignments of the OB domain of the single stranded DNA-binding protein hSSB2 (NABP1/OBFC2A) and chemical shift mapping of the DNA-binding interface. Biomol NMR Assign. 2018;12:107-111 pubmed publisher..Future studies will aim at determining the structural basis of these differences and thus help to gain a more comprehensive understanding of the functional divergences that these novel hSSBs display in the context of genome maintenance. ..