Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPS7
Description: ribosomal protein S7
Alias: DBA8, 40S ribosomal protein S7
- Presence of Not5 and ubiquitinated Rps7A in polysome fractions depends upon the Not4 E3 ligaseOlesya O Panasenko
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Medicine, University of Geneva, Faculty of Medicine, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Mol Microbiol 83:640-53. 2012..A different role of the Rps7 paralogues in vivo is supported by the observation that the deletion of Rps7A but not Rps7B is sensitive to ..
- Ribosomal protein S7 regulates arsenite-induced GADD45α expression by attenuating MDM2-mediated GADD45α ubiquitination and degradationMing Gao
Department of Pathophysiology, Beijing Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, 27 Taiping Road, Beijing 100850, PR China
Nucleic Acids Res 41:5210-22. 2013..Our findings thus identify a novel function of S7 in control of GADD45α stabilization under both basal and stress conditions and its significance in mediating arsenite-induced cellular stress...
- The small-subunit processome is a ribosome assembly intermediateKara A Bernstein
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale School of Medicine, C114 SHM, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520 8024, USA
Eukaryot Cell 3:1619-26. 2004..we characterize 12 additional protein components, including five small-ribosomal-subunit proteins (Rps4, Rps6, Rps7, Rps9, and Rps14) that had previously been copurified...
- [The internal control role of ribosomal protein S7 in the defense of Anopheles dirus against Plasmodium infection]Wen Yue Xu
Department of Pathogenic Biology, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400038
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 21:264-7. 2003To investigate the role of ribosomal protein S7 (rpS7) in the defense of Anopheles dirus against infection.
- Plastid genome characterisation in Brassica and Brassicaceae using a new set of nine SSRsM L Flannery
Department of Botany, School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Dublin, D2, Ireland
Theor Appl Genet 113:1221-31. 2006..oleracea, B. rapa and in related genera Arabidopsis, Camelina, Raphanus and Sinapis. Eleven gene regions (ndhB-rps7 spacer, rbcL-accD spacer, rpl16 intron, rps16 intron, atpB-rbcL spacer, trnE-trnT spacer, trnL intron, trnL-trnF ..
- Chloroplast transformation in oilseed rapeBing Kai Hou
Institute of Genetics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, PR China
Transgenic Res 12:111-4. 2003..The two cassettes are sited between the rps7 and ndhB targeting fragments...
- [Production of Brassica olereceae (+Arabidopsis thaliana) and Brassica napus cell lines resistant to spectinomycin/streptomycin as a result of plastome genetic transformation]I O Nitovs'ka
Tsitol Genet 40:3-10. 2006..carried resistance (aadA) gene flanked by rapeseed plastid DNA sequences to target its insertion between the trnV-rps7 fragments...
- Extensive gene deletions in Japanese patients with Diamond-Blackfan anemiaMadoka Kuramitsu
Department of Safety Research on Blood and Biological Products, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 119:2376-84. 2012..To identify new mutations, we investigated large deletions in the RP genes RPL5, RPL11, RPL35A, RPS7, RPS10, RPS17, RPS19, RPS24, and RPS26...
- Frameshift mutation in p53 regulator RPL26 is associated with multiple physical abnormalities and a specific pre-ribosomal RNA processing defect in diamond-blackfan anemiaHanna T Gazda
Division of Genetics and Program in Genomics, The Manton Center for Orphan Disease Research, Children s Hospital Boston, 3 BlackfanCircle, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Mutat 33:1037-44. 2012..We also found a deletion in RPL19 and missense mutations in RPL3 and RPL23A, which may be variants of unknown significance. Together with RPL5, RPL11, and RPS7, RPL26 is the fourth RP regulating p53 activity that is linked to DBA.
- A novel mutation of ribosomal protein S10 gene in a Japanese patient with diamond-Blackfan anemiaMakoto Yazaki
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya City East Medical Center Moriyama Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 34:293-5. 2012..DBA is associated with mutations in the ribosomal protein (RP) genes, RPS19, RPS24, RPS17, RPL35A, RPL5, RPL11, and RPS7. Recently, 5 and 12 patients with mutations in RPS10 and RPS26, respectively, were identified in a cohort of 117 ..
- A new function of ROD1 in nonsense-mediated mRNA decayT F Brazão
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 586:1101-10. 2012..Finally, we show through RIP-seq that ROD1 and UPF1 associate with a significant number of common transcripts...
- Comparative Evolution of S7 Intron 1 and Ribosomal Internal Transcribed Spacer in Coilia nasus (Clupeiformes: Engraulidae)Dong Liu
College of Fisheries and Life Science, Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai, 201306, China E Mails D L H Y G J Q Y
Int J Mol Sci 13:3085-100. 2012..Here we analyze and compare the nucleotide sequences between single-copy ribosomal protein S7 gene intron 1 (rpS7) and multiple-copy ribosomal internal transcribed spacer 1 (ITS1) in this species to compare the phylogenetic ..
- Mutation of the diamond-blackfan anemia gene Rps7 in mouse results in morphological and neuroanatomical phenotypesDawn E Watkins-Chow
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 9:e1003094. 2013..Here we report the first two mouse mutations (Rps7(Mtu) and Rps7(Zma)) of ribosomal protein S7 (Rps7), a gene that has been implicated in Diamond-Blackfan anemia...
- [Analysis of mutations of ribosomal protein genes in 21 cases of Diamond-Blackfan anemia]Yu Mei Chen
Center for Diagnosis and Therapy of Childhood Blood Diseases, Blood Disease Hospital and Institute of Hematology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 20:1414-8. 2012..were screened by PCR for mutations in the nine known genes associated with DBA: RPS19, RPS24, RPS17, RPL5, RPL11, RPS7, RPL35a, RPS10 and RPS26. The results found that 8 patients (38...
- Complete sequence of 'divided' rps12 (r-protein S12) and rps7 (r-protein S7) gene in soybean chloroplast DNAJ M von Allmen
Nucleic Acids Res 15:2387. 1987
- Immunochemical accessibility of ribosomal protein S4 in the 30 S ribosome. The interaction of S4 with S5 and S12D A Winkelmann
J Mol Biol 165:357-74. 1983..The effect of S5 and S12 on S4 accessibility is consistent with data from a variety of other approaches, suggesting that these proteins form a structural and functional domain in the small ribosomal subunit...
- Mutual protection of ribosomal proteins L5 and L11 from degradation is essential for p53 activation upon ribosomal biogenesis stressSladana Bursac
Department of Molecular Medicine and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Rijeka, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:20467-72. 2012..These findings may have important implications with respect to understanding the pathogenesis of diseases caused by impaired ribosome biogenesis...
- An alloplasmic male-sterile line of Brassica oleracea harboring the mitochondria from Diplotaxis muralis expresses a novel chimeric open reading frame, orf72Tomotaka Shinada
Laboratory of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amamiyamachi, Aoba ku, Sendai, 981 8555 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 47:549-53. 2006..It was located downstream of normal rps7 and contained part of atp9 (atp9-b). It was expressed specifically on the nuclear background of CMS B...
- Subdivision of molecularly-classified groups by new gene signatures in breast cancer patientsAthanasios Armakolas
Laboratory of Experimental Physiology, Medical School, National and Kapodestrian University of Athens, Athens 11527, Greece
Oncol Rep 28:2255-63. 2012..A newly established classifier (ENY2, USP38, RPS7, Osbpl-1 and ETF1) indicated a statistically significant association with HER2 subtype patients, ..
- Potential role of tRNAs in wheat and Lolium mitochondrial rps7 transcript processingEvan Byers
Biology Department, University of Ottawa, 30 Marie Curie, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5, Canada
Genome 55:615-21. 2012..In another grass, Lolium multiflorum Lam., rps7 displays transcripts of 1.3 and 0...
- Impact of genomic environment on mitochondrial rps7 mRNA features in grassesEvan Byers
Biology Department, University of Ottawa, 30 Marie Curie, Ottawa, Canada
Mol Genet Genomics 284:207-16. 2010..generation of mature mRNAs, and to this end we have determined the termini of mitochondrial S7 ribosomal protein (rps7) mRNAs from selected grasses, using circularized-RT-PCR...
- Ribosomal protein S19 and S24 insufficiency cause distinct cell cycle defects in Diamond-Blackfan anemiaJitendra Badhai
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:1036-42. 2009..a predisposition for malignant disease and heterozygous mutations in either of the ribosomal protein (RP) genes RPS7, RPS17, RPS19, RPS24, RPL5, RPL11 and RPL35a...
- RNA editing in six mitochondrial ribosomal protein genes of Didymium iridisPeter G Hendrickson
Immunology Department, Children s Memorial Research Center, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Curr Genet 56:203-13. 2010..Six functional transcripts were verified for the following ribosomal protein genes: rpS12, rpS7, rpL2, rpS19, rpS3, and rpL16...
- Yeast strains with N-terminally truncated ribosomal protein S5: implications for the evolution, structure and function of the Rps5/Rps7 proteinsThomas Lumsden
Center for Gene Regulation in Health and Disease, Department of Biological, Geological and Environmental Sciences, Cleveland State University, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:1261-72. 2010Ribosomal protein (rp)S5 belongs to the family of the highly conserved rp's that contains rpS7 from prokaryotes and rpS5 from eukaryotes...
- Quantitative TaqMan real-time PCR assays for gene expression normalisation in feline tissuesYvonne Kessler
University of Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Mol Biol 10:106. 2009....
- The position of gnetales among seed plants: overcoming pitfalls of chloroplast phylogenomicsBojian Zhong
School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Mol Biol Evol 27:2855-63. 2010..another analysis of partial genome data with dense taxon sampling of conifers showed that, in psbC, rpl2, and rps7 proteins, there are many parallel amino acid substitutions between the lineages leading to Gnetales and to ..
- Ribosomal protein genes RPS10 and RPS26 are commonly mutated in Diamond-Blackfan anemiaLeana Doherty
Division of Genetics and Program in Genomics, The Manton Center for Orphan Disease Research, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 86:222-8. 2010..been associated with mutations in seven ribosomal protein (RP) genes, RPS19, RPS24, RPS17, RPL35A, RPL5, RPL11, and RPS7, in about 43% of patients...
- Disorders of sex development and Diamond-Blackfan anemia: is there an association?Julia Hoefele
Pediatric Nephrology, University Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian s University, Dr von Haunersches Kinderspital, Lindwurmstrasse 4, 80337, Munich, Germany
Pediatr Nephrol 25:1255-61. 2010..More recently, mutations in other ribosomal protein genes, namely RPS7, RPS15, RPS24, RPS17, RPS27A, RPL35a, RPL36, RPL11, and RPL5, have also been found in patients with DBA...
- Quantitative analysis of replication and tropisms of Dengue virus type 2 in Aedes albopictusMeichun Zhang
Department of Parasitology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:700-7. 2010..Subsequent Western blotting of DENV-2 E protein had similar results. Using ribosomal protein 7 (rpS7) as an internal control, we found that, in salivary gland, brain, fat body, and midgut, the average DENV-2 RNA ..
- The human ribosomal protein S7-encoding gene: isolation, structure and localization in 2p25T Annilo
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Tartu University, Estonian Biocentre, Estonia
Gene 165:297-302. 1995..Human S7 (hS7) is identical to rat S7 (rS7) and exhibits significant similarity with the X. laevis, insect and plant homologs. We have used fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) to localize S7 to chromosome 2p25...
- Heteroplasmy and expression of mitochondrial genes in alloplasmic and euplasmic wheatKanako Kawaura
Kihara Institute for Biological Research, Yokohama City University, Japan
Genes Genet Syst 86:249-55. 2011..The atp4 gene (formerly called orf25) of Aegilops crassa (CR) harbors the promoter sequence of the rps7 gene from common wheat (Triticum aestivum cv. Chinese Spring, CS)...
- Interplay between ribosomal protein S27a and MDM2 protein in p53 activation in response to ribosomal stressXiao Xin Sun
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, School of Medicine and the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 286:22730-41. 2011..Altogether, our results reveal that S27a plays a non-redundant role in mediating p53 activation in response to ribosomal stress via interplaying with MDM2...
- Knockdown of ribosomal protein S7 causes developmental abnormalities via p53 dependent and independent pathways in zebrafishJuan Duan
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43:1218-27. 2011..The small ribosomal subunits RPS7, has been reported to modulate the mdm2-p53 interaction...
- Untangling the phenotypic heterogeneity of Diamond Blackfan anemiaJason E Farrar
Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Oncology, Division of Pediatric Oncology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Semin Hematol 48:124-35. 2011..encoding both large (RPL) and small (RPS) ribosomal subunit proteins, including mutations of RPL5, RPL11, RPL35A, RPS7, RPS10, RPS17, RPS19, RPS24, and RPS26 in 50% to 60% of affected patients...
- Expression of interferon gamma in the brain of cats with natural Borna disease virus infectionJonas Johansson Wensman
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, P O Box 7028, SE 75007 Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 141:162-7. 2011..The IFN-γ expression was normalised against the expression of three reference genes (HPRT, RPS7, YWHAZ)...
- Quantitative profiling of in vivo-assembled RNA-protein complexes using a novel integrated proteomic approachBecky Pinjou Tsai
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4025, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 10:M110.007385. 2011..initiation factors (eIF4A-1, eIF-2A, and eIF3g), and ribosomal subunits with known noncanonical actions (RPS19, RPS7, and RPL26)...
- Construction of high sensitive detection system for endocrine disruptors with yeast n-alkane-assimilating Yarrowia lipolyticaEun Min Cho
Seoul Center, Korea Basic Science Institute, Seoul 136 713, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 20:1563-70. 2010..detection system for endocrine disruptors, we have compared the activity of promoters with the ALK1, ICL1, RPS7 and TEF1 for heterologous gene in Yarrowia lipolytica...
- SRY interacts with ribosomal proteins S7 and L13a in nuclear specklesYouichi Sato
Department of Human Genetics and Public Health, Institute of Health Biosciences, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Cell Biol Int 35:449-52. 2011..We found two ribosomal proteins, RPS7 (ribosomal protein S7) and RPL13a (ribosomal protein L13a) that interact with the HMG (high-mobility group) box ..
- Ribosomal protein S7 is both a regulator and a substrate of MDM2Yan Zhu
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Mol Cell 35:316-26. 2009..This indicates that MDM2 ubiquitination of S7 is involved in sustaining the p53 response. Thus, S7 functions as both effector and affector of MDM2 to ensure a proper cellular response to different stress signals...
- Proteomics of rat prostate lobes treated with 2-N-hydroxylamino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine, 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone, individually and in combinationTelih Boyiri
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Penn State Cancer Institute, Penn State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Int J Oncol 35:559-67. 2009..spots contained single proteins; including, phospholipase Calpha (PLP-Calpha), Rab7, SAR1a, ribosomal protein S7 (RPS7), and nucleoside diphosphate kinase (NDPK)...
- Photoperiod-sensitive cytoplasmic male sterility in wheat: nuclear-mitochondrial incompatibility results in differential processing of the mitochondrial orf25 geneY Ogihara
Kihara Institute for Biological Research, Yokohama City University, Japan
Curr Genet 36:354-62. 1999..wheat (AE-orf25) was determined, and we found that the upstream region of CR-orf25 had been replaced by that of rps7 of common wheat (AE-rps7) through recombination. A novel open reading frame (orf48) is present upstream of CR-orf25...
- Mapping subunit contacts in the regulatory complex of the 26 S proteasome. S2 and S5b form a tetramer with ATPase subunits S4 and S7C Gorbea
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 275:875-82. 2000..H., Rubin, D. M., Coux, O., Wefes, I., Pfeifer, G., Cejka, Z., Baumeister, W., Fried, V. A., and Finley, D. (1998) Cell 94, 615-623)...
- Isolation and characterization of the mouse ribosomal protein S7 geneT Annilo
Tartu University, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Estonian Biocentre, Estonia
Biochem Mol Biol Int 46:287-95. 1998..The promoter region of rpS7 contains several evolutionarily conserved putative regulatory elements...
- Importin beta, transportin, RanBP5 and RanBP7 mediate nuclear import of ribosomal proteins in mammalian cellsS Jäkel
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 17:4491-502. 1998..The presence of distinct binding sites for rpL23a and the M9 import signal in transportin, and for rpL23a and importin alpha in importin beta might explain how a single receptor can recognize very different import signals...
- A ribosomal protein gene cluster is encoded in the mitochondrial DNA of Dictyostelium discoideum: UGA termination codons and similarity of gene order to Acanthamoeba castellaniiM Iwamoto
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Curr Genet 33:304-10. 1998..protein genes and six open reading frames (ORFs) formed a cluster arranged in the order: rpl11-orf189-rps12-rps7-rpl2-rps19-+ ++orf425-orf1740-rpl16-rpl14-orf188- rps14-rps8-rpl6-rps13-orf127-orf796...
- Characterization and regulation of the genes encoding ribosomal proteins L39 and S7 of the human pathogen Candida albicansS Delbruck
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Yeast 13:1199-210. 1997Genes encoding the Candida albicans ribosomal proteins L39 and S7 (RPL39, RPS7) were isolated and sequenced. From RPL39 cDNA a single intron interrupting the fifth codon in the genomic sequence could be deduced...
- Cloning and characterization of a Neurospora crassa ribosomal protein gene, crps-7P J Vierula
Department of Biology, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5B6, Canada
Curr Genet 31:139-43. 1997..analysis and a computerized database search revealed a high degree of homology to the Xenopus laevis rps8 and rat rps7 gene, as well as to uncharacterized ORFs from two yeast species...
- Arrangement and nucleotide sequence of the gene (fus) encoding elongation factor G (EF-G) from the hyperthermophilic bacterium Aquifex pyrophilus: phylogenetic depth of hyperthermophilic bacteria inferred from analysis of the EF-G/fus sequencesM Bocchetta
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Biopatologia Umana, Universita di Roma I La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Italy
J Mol Evol 41:803-12. 1995..Unlike the other bacteria, which display the streptomycin-operon arrangement of EF genes (5'-rps12-rps7-fus-tuf-3'), the Aquifex fus gene (700 codons) is not preceded by the two small ribosomal subunit genes although it ..
- Structural arrangement of the codon-anticodon interaction area in human placenta ribosomes. Affinity labelling of the 40S subunits by derivatives of oligoribonucleotides containing the AUG codonD A Mundus
Novosibirsk Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Sciences
Biochim Biophys Acta 1173:273-82. 1993..The proteins S5 and S9 were labelled by the 5' end derivative of pAUGU3, and the protein S17 was modified by the 5' end derivative of pAUG...
- Functional loss of all ndh genes in an otherwise relatively unaltered plastid genome of the holoparasitic flowering plant Cuscuta reflexaG Haberhausen
Institut für Pflanzenphysiologie, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 24:217-22. 1994..ndhB), three transfer RNAs (trnA, trnI, trnV) as well as the gene coding for the ribosomal protein S7 (rps7). While the other genes are strongly conserved in C...
- Chromosomal organization and nucleotide sequence of the fus-gene encoding elongation factor 2 (EF-2) of the hyperthermophilic archaeum Pyrococcus woeseiR Creti
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Universita di Roma I, Dipartimento di Biopatologia Umana, Italy
FEMS Microbiol Lett 126:85-90. 1995..Unlike Methanococcus vannielii (which displays the 'str operon'-like fus and tuf gene context, 5'-rps12-rps7-fus-tuf-3'), and similar to Sulfolobus acidocaldarius and Desulfurococcus mobilis, the Pyrococcus fus gene (732 ..
- Genes for the ribosomal proteins S12 and S7 and elongation factors EF-G and EF-Tu of the cyanobacterium, Anacystis nidulans: structural homology between 16S rRNA and S7 mRNAB Y Meng
Center for Gene Research, Nagoya University, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 216:25-30. 1989..The arrangement is rps12 (124 codons) - 167 bp spacer - rps7 (156 codons) - 77 bp spacer - fus (694 codons) - 26 bp spacer - tufA (409 codons), which is similar to that of the ..
- Genes for the plastid elongation factor Tu and ribosomal protein S7 and six tRNA genes on the 73 kb DNA from Astasia longa that resembles the chloroplast DNA of EuglenaG Siemeister
Botanisches Institut, Universitat Bonn, Federal Republic of Germany
Mol Gen Genet 220:425-32. 1990..The genes for the plastid elongation factor Tu (tufA) and the ribosomal protein S7 (rps7), six tRNA genes (trnQ, trnS, trnG, trnM, trnT, trnR), and three open reading frames were identified...
- cDNA cloning of cytoplasmic ribosomal protein S7 of winter rye (Secale cereale) and its expression in low-temperature-treated leavesT Berberich
Botanisches Institut, Goethe Universitaet, Siesmayerstr 70, D 60323 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1492:276-9. 2000..A RPS7 mRNA accumulation is higher in the meristematic zone at the leaf base than in the non-meristematic middle and upper ..
- Chloroplast ribosomal protein S7 of Chlamydomonas binds to chloroplast mRNA leader sequences and may be involved in translation initiationD C Fargo
Developmental, Cell and Molecular Biology Group, Duke University LSRC Building, Box 91000 Research Drive, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Plant Cell 13:207-18. 2001Certain mutations isolated in the 5' untranslated region (5'UTR) of the chloroplast rps7 gene in Chlamydomonas reduce expression of reporter genes. Second site suppressors in this 5'UTR sequence restore reporter expression...
- On the brink of holoparasitism: plastome evolution in dwarf mistletoes (Arceuthobium, Viscaceae)Daniel L Nickrent
Department of Plant Biology, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL 62901 6509, USA
J Mol Evol 68:603-15. 2009Chloroplast sequences spanning rps7 to 23S rDNA in Arceuthobium campylopodum and A. pendens were generated and compared to Arabidopsis and seven other parasitic plants...
- Ribosomal protein L5 and L11 mutations are associated with cleft palate and abnormal thumbs in Diamond-Blackfan anemia patientsHanna T Gazda
Division of Genetics and Program in Genomics, The Manton Center for Orphan Disease Research, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 83:769-80. 2008..the second known mutation in RPS17 and probable pathogenic mutations in three more RP genes, RPL5, RPL11, and RPS7. In addition, we identified rare variants of unknown significance in three other genes, RPL36, RPS15, and RPS27A...
- The role of human ribosomal proteins in the maturation of rRNA and ribosome productionSara Robledo
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
RNA 14:1918-29. 2008..We depleted HeLa cells using siRNA for several individual r-proteins of the small (RPS6, RPS7, RPS15, RPS16, RPS17, RPS19, RPS24, RPS25, RPS28) or large subunit (RPL5, RPL7, RPL11, RPL14, RPL26, RPL35a) and ..
- Tracing plant Mitochondrial DNA evolution: rearrangements of the ancient mitochondrial gene cluster trnA-trnT-nad7 in liverwort phylogenyUte Wahrmund
IZMB Institut für Zelluläre und Molekulare Botanik, Abt Molekulare Evolution, Universitat Bonn, Kirschallee 1, 53115 Bonn, Germany
J Mol Evol 66:621-9. 2008..The recombinogenic insertion of short sequence stretches, including nad5 and rps7 pseudogene fragments copied from elsewhere in the liverwort mtDNA, likely mediated a subsequent inversion of trnT ..
- A validation of 10 feline reference genes for gene expression measurements in snap-frozen tissuesLouis C Penning
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 104, PO Box 80154, 3508 TD Utrechet, The Netherlands
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 120:212-22. 2007..g. RPL17, RPL30, RPS7, YWHAZ, and HPRT) were required to obtain highly reliable data in cat tissues...
- Roles of the negatively charged N-terminal extension of Saccharomyces cerevisiae ribosomal protein S5 revealed by characterization of a yeast strain containing human ribosomal protein S5Oleksandr Galkin
Department of Biological, Geological and Environmental Sciences, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio 44115, USA
RNA 13:2116-28. 2007Ribosomal protein (rp) S5 belongs to a family of ribosomal proteins that includes bacterial rpS7. rpS5 forms part of the exit (E) site on the 40S ribosomal subunit and is essential for yeast viability...
- Ribosomal protein S7 as a novel modulator of p53-MDM2 interaction: binding to MDM2, stabilization of p53 protein, and activation of p53 functionD Chen
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Oncogene 26:5029-37. 2007..The identification of S7 as a novel MDM2-interacting partner contributes to elucidation of the complex regulation of the MDM2-p53 interaction and has implications in cancer prevention and therapy...
- Identification of novel ARF binding proteins by two-hybrid screeningVan Tompkins
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Iowa, College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242, USA
Cell Cycle 5:641-6. 2006..The potential physiological roles of these novel ARF binding proteins in regulating ARF signaling are discussed...
- A 60 kDa COX1 protein in mitochondria of carrot irrespective of the presence of C-terminal extensions in the cox1 reading framesMary M Robison
Department of Plant Agriculture, Bovey Bldg, University of Guelph, N1G 2W1 Guelph, ON, Canada
Mol Genet Genomics 275:68-73. 2006..The 3,159 bp repeat encodes rps7 and cox1, but the cox1 reading frame does not encode a stop codon at a position predicted by alignment with other ..
- Evolution of the trnF(GAA) gene in Arabidopsis relatives and the brassicaceae family: monophyletic origin and subsequent diversification of a plastidic pseudogeneMarcus A Koch
Heidelberg Institute of Plant Science, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Biol Evol 22:1032-43. 2005..nonrandomly throughout the plastome, and we found some similarities with a DNA sequence duplication in the rps7 gene and its adjacent spacer...
- A nucleus-encoded factor, CRR2, is essential for the expression of chloroplast ndhB in ArabidopsisMihoko Hashimoto
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Plant J 36:541-9. 2003..CRR2 functions in the intergenic processing of chloroplast RNA between rps7 and ndhB, which is possibly essential for ndhB translation...
- Importins fulfil a dual function as nuclear import receptors and cytoplasmic chaperones for exposed basic domainsStefan Jäkel
ZMBH, INF 282, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 21:377-86. 2002..Imp4a mediates import of the ribosomal protein (rp) S3a, while Imp9a and Imp9b import rpS7, rpL18a and apparently numerous other substrates...
- Mapping genes conferring resistance to Phytophthora root rot of soybean, Rps1a and Rps7C Weng
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Greenhouse and Processing Crop Research Centre, 2585 Highway 20 E, Harrow, Ontario, N0R 1G0 Canada
J Hered 92:442-6. 2001A linkage map was constructed for two Phytophthora sojae Kauf. +Gerd. root rot resistance genes, Rps1a and Rps7, in soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merr.) using microsatellite or simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers...
- Unusual organization of a ribosomal protein operon in the plastid genome of Cryptomonas phi: evolutionary considerationsS E Douglas
Atlantic Research Laboratory, National Research Council, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Curr Genet 19:289-94. 1991..Sequence analysis shows the gene organization to be rps12-60 bp spacer-rps7-68 bp spacer-tufA. No introns are present in any of the genes...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF CHLOROPLAST RIBOSOMESDon Bourque; Fiscal Year: 1991..We analyze rps12-rps7 transcript processing and fully characterize the trans-splicing event which takes place in the maturation of rps12 ..