Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RNPC3
Description: RNA-binding region (RNP1, RRM) containing 3
Alias: RBM40, RNP, SNRNP65, RNA recognition protein, RNA-binding motif protein 40, RNA-binding protein 40, RNA-binding region-containing protein 3, U11/U12 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein 65 kDa protein, U11/U12 snRNP 65 kDa protein, U11/U12 snRNP 65K, U11/U12-65K
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- Should Graves' disease be considered a collagen disorder of the thyroid, skeletal muscle and connective tissue?J Kiljanski
The Thyroid Eye Disease Research Laboratory, Allegheny Singer, Research Institute, Pittsburgh, USA
Horm Metab Res 27:528-32. 1995..a fine speckled fluorescence, found in 45% of sera, consistent with reactivity against the Sm antigen or nuclear RNP. The finding of a high prevalence of ANA and, less often, anti-connective tissue antibodies in patients with ..
- Neonatal lupus erythematosus in an infant with Turner syndromeE Ruas
Dermatology Clinic, Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra, Portugal
Pediatr Dermatol 13:298-302. 1996..examinations revealed the presence of anti-Ro(SSA) and anti-La(SSB) antibodies, and absence of anti-Sm and anti-RNP antibodies. Karyotyping revealed Turner syndrome (TS) with 45,XO sex chromosome constitution...
- Differential responses to Smith D autoantigen by mice with HLA-DR and HLA-DQ transgenes: dominant responses by HLA-DR3 transgenic mice with diversification of autoantibodies to small nuclear ribonucleoprotein, double-stranded DNA, and nuclear antigensChao Jiang
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 184:1085-91. 2010..Only sera from DR3 and DQ0604 mice immunoprecipitated A-ribonucleoprotein (RNP), SmB, and SmD...
- Defects in mRNA 3'-end formation, transcription initiation, and mRNA transport associated with the yeast mutation prp20: possible coupling of mRNA processing and chromatin structureW Forrester
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Madison, Wisconsin 53706
Genes Dev 6:1914-26. 1992..We speculate that the perturbations in mRNA processing are the result of effects on the chromatin-nascent RNP-transcription complex or misregulation of a cell cycle component that modifies multiple mRNA-processing activities.
- Ultrastructural, cytochemical, and immunocytochemical study of nuclei and cytoskeleton of thyroid papillary carcinoma cellsO M Echeverria
Laboratory of Electron Microscopy, Faculty of Sciences, D F, Mexico
Ultrastruct Pathol 22:185-97. 1998..Some nucleoli were surrounded by a double fibrillar layer limiting a perinucleolar space occupied by RNP fibrogranular structures that differed from those of normal nuclei...
- Prognostic value of auto-antibodies in the serum of Omani patients with gastric cancerAhmed Al-Shukaili
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, PO Box 35, PC 123, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Saudi Med J 27:1873-7. 2006..To investigate the prevalence of a group of different autoantibodies, in Omani patients with gastric cancer, and to examine whether their presence correlates with clinical course of the disease...
- Molecular biological ontogenesis of the thymic reticulo-epithelial cell network during the organization of the cellular microenvironmentB Bodey
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
In Vivo 13:267-94. 1999..Their cytoplasm occasionally displays RNP granules, and is rich in non-histone proteins, fine phospholipid, lipid or cholesterin granules, and vacuoles ..
- [How can we diagnose and better understand inflammatory myopathies? The usefulness of auto-antibodies]Jean Sibilia
CHU de Strasbourg, Hopital Hautepierre, Service de Rhumatologie, Laboratoire d Immunologie, 67098 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Presse Med 39:1010-25. 2010..These auto-antibodies are directed against nuclear or nucleolar auto-antigens: the anti-PM-Scl, anti-Ku, anti-RNP (U1 RNP and U2 RNP, U4/U6 RNP and U5 RNP), anti-Ro 52 kDa and more rarely, anti-Ro 60 kDa and anti-La...
- Neonatal lupus erythematosus related to maternal leukocytoclastic vasculitisL Borrego
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Insular, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 14:221-5. 1997..Affected infants have maternal, transplacentally acquired, autoantibodies to Ro/SSA, La/SSB, or U1-RNP antigens. Anti-Ro/SSA is the predominant autoantibody, present in about 95% of cases...
- Structure of the Rift Valley fever virus nucleocapsid protein reveals another architecture for RNA encapsidationDonald D Raymond
Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11769-74. 2010..The 1.93-A crystal structure of RVFV N and electron micrographs of ribonucleoprotein (RNP) reveal an encapsidated genome of substantially different organization than in other negative-sense RNA virus ..
- Investigating the specificity and stoichiometry of RNA binding by the nucleocapsid protein of Bunyamwera virusBjorn Patrick Mohl
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS29JT, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
RNA 15:391-9. 2009..along their entire lengths with the virus-encoded nucleocapsid (N) protein to form a ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex...
- Characterization and primary structure of the poly(C)-binding heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein complex K proteinM J Matunis
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6148
Mol Cell Biol 12:164-71. 1992At least 20 major proteins make up the ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes of heterogeneous nuclear RNA (hnRNA) in mammalian cells. Many of these proteins have distinct RNA-binding specificities...
- Evolution of influenza A virus PB2 genes: implications for evolution of the ribonucleoprotein complex and origin of human influenza A virusO T Gorman
Department of Virology and Molecular Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38101 0318
J Virol 64:4893-902. 1990..The completion of evolutionary analyses of the PB1, PB2, PA and NP genes of the ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex permits comparison of evolutionary pathways...
- Crystal structure of protein Ph1481p in complex with protein Ph1877p of archaeal RNase P from Pyrococcus horikoshii OT3: implication of dimer formation of the holoenzymeShin Kawano
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Mol Biol 357:583-91. 2006..beta-sheet and five helices, which fold in a way that is topologically similar to the ribonucleoprotein (RNP) domain...
- [Low prevalence of anti-centromere antibodies in scleroderma in Morocco (about 272 cases)]B Admou
Faculte de Medecine, Marrakech, Morocco
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 65:291-7. 2007..assessment of autoantibodies prevalence during scleroderma within a Moroccan population by a retrospective survey...
- Neonatal lupus erythematosus: an unusual congenital presentation with cutaneous atrophy, erosions, alopecia, and pancytopeniaE Crowley
University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Urbana, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 15:38-42. 1998..Ro, La, and RNP antibodies were absent, and the diagnosis was made because of light microscopic and immunofluorescent findings...
- Clinical and serologic correlations and autoantibody clusters in systemic lupus erythematosus: a retrospective review of 917 patients in South ChinaXuhua Tang
Department of Dermatology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Medicine (Baltimore) 89:62-7. 2010..with higher prevalence of malar rash/discoid rash, pericarditis, and leukopenia; anti-ribonucleoprotein (anti-RNP) with higher prevalence of Raynaud phenomenon and photosensitivity; anti-deoxyribonucleoprotein (anti-DNP) with ..
- Age-correlated changes in the lupus erythematosus antigens Ro, La, Sm and RNP of the thymus glandW E Muller
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitat, Mainz, West Germany
Compr Gerontol A 1:40-4. 1987The concentrations of the Sm, RNP, La and Ro antigens of thymus glands from rats were determined depending on the developmental stage of the animals. It was found that lupus antigens strongly decrease after birth...
- Development of recombinant nucleoprotein-based diagnostic systems for Lassa feverMasayuki Saijo
Special Pathogens Laboratory, Department of Virology 1, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashimurayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:1182-9. 2007..for the detection of LASV antibodies and LASV antigens, were developed using the recombinant nucleoprotein (rNP) of LASV (LASV-rNP). The LASV-rNP was expressed in a recombinant baculovirus system...
- Atypical autoantibodies in patients with primary Sjögren syndrome: clinical characteristics and follow-up of 82 casesManuel Ramos-Casals
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Semin Arthritis Rheum 35:312-21. 2006..To analyze the clinical characteristics, follow-up, and fulfillment of classification criteria for other systemic autoimmune diseases (SAD) in patients with primary Sjögren syndrome (SS) and atypical autoantibodies...
- Anti-extractable nuclear antigens (ENA) antibodies in patients with chronic hepatitis C before and after treatment with interferonKatsuhisa Omagari
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Autoimmunity 36:269-73. 2003..hepatitis C and 44 patients with non-hepatitis C virus (HCV) infected liver diseases were tested for anti-ENAs (U1 RNP, Sm, Ro/SS-A, La/SS-B and Scl-70) antibodies by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)...
- The association of antinuclear antibodies with organ involvement and survival in systemic sclerosisR Hesselstrand
Department of Rheumatology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:534-40. 2003..To study the frequency and specificity of antinuclear antibodies (ANA) and their association with internal organ involvement and survival in systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- [Resistance to the action of atrial natriuretic peptide and urodilatin in Heymann nephritis in vitro]J P Valentin
Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, CA, USA
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1125-9. 1994..glomeruli and inner medullary collecting duct (IMCD) cells in response to increasing concentration of ANP, and RNP (also called urodilatin). Results (fmol/mg prot/10 min) are means +/- SEM: [table: see text]...
- Infectious Bursal disease virus: ribonucleoprotein complexes of a double-stranded RNA virusDaniel Luque
Department of Structure of Macromolecules, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, C Darwin No 3, Cantoblanco, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Mol Biol 386:891-901. 2009..dsRNA viruses nevertheless lack these ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes and are characterized by sharing an icosahedral T=2 core involved in the metabolism and insulation of ..
- High level expression of recombinant mumps nucleoprotein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its evaluation in mumps IgM serologyDhanraj Samuel
Enteric, Respiratory and Neurological Virus Laboratory, Central Public Health Laboratory, London, United Kingdom
J Med Virol 66:123-30. 2002..for mumps serology a high-level yeast expression system was employed to produce recombinant mumps nucleoprotein (rNP). The rNP was purified by CsCl gradient centrifugation and yielded approximately 15 mg/l of yeast culture...
- A murine model of mixed connective tissue disease induced with U1 small nuclear RNP autoantigenEric L Greidinger
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:661-9. 2006..To test whether immunizing mice with autoantigens closely linked to mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) could induce an MCTD-like clinical syndrome distinguishable from systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Determination of ANA specificity using multiplexed fluorescent microsphere immunoassay in patients with ANA positivity at high titres after infliximab treatment: preliminary resultsPaola Caramaschi
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Rheumatol Int 27:649-54. 2007..One patient affected by rheumatoid arthritis showed multiple ANA reactivities against SS-A, SS-B, RNP, Sm, Jo-1 and histones; one patient affected by ankylosing spondylitis resulted positive for the same ..
- Identification of AUF1 (heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D) as a component of the alpha-globin mRNA stability complexM Kiledjian
Department of Cell, Developmental and Neurobiology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08855, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:4870-6. 1997..is an important regulatory component of gene expression and is significantly influenced by ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes which form on the mRNA...
- Is antibody clustering predictive of clinical subsets and damage in systemic lupus erythematosus?C H To
division of Rhumatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:4003-10. 2005..To examine autoantibody clusters and their associations with clinical features and organ damage accrual in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus: a comparative study of African Americans and Latin AmericansA Gedalia
Department of Pediatrics, LSU Medical Center, New Orleans 70112 2822, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 91:497-501. 1999..In addition, there was a higher frequency of anti-dsDNA, anti-Sm, anti-RNP, and anti-Ro positivity among African-Americans compared with Latin-American patients...
- Enzymatic methylation of recombinant heterogeneous nuclear RNP protein A1. Dual substrate specificity for S-adenosylmethionine:histone-arginine N-methyltransferaseR Rajpurohit
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140
J Biol Chem 269:1075-82. 1994....
- Specific humoral reaction of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) patients in China to recombinant nucleocapsid proteins from European hantavirusesH R Xiong
State Key Laboratory of Virology Institute of Medical Virology, School of Medicine, Wuhan University, 185 DongHu Road, Wuhan 430071, PR China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:645-51. 2011..The results showed that the sensitivity of rNPs against IgG was HTNV-rNP > DOBV-rNP > PUUV-rNP, while the sensitivity against IgA was DOBV-rNP > HTNV-rNP > PUUV-rNP...
- Structural requirements for transport of preprocecropinA and related presecretory proteins into mammalian microsomesG Schlenstedt
Zentrum Biochemie/Abt. Biochemie II, , Germany
J Biol Chem 267:24328-32. 1992..We investigated the role of the precursor structure with respect to competence for RNP-independent transport by constructing deletion mutants and hybrid proteins...
- C-reactive protein reacts with the U1 small nuclear ribonucleoproteinT W Du Clos
Department of Medicine, VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108
J Immunol 143:2553-9. 1989..Double staining with anti-RNP serum and CRP produced very similar staining patterns...
- Comparative analysis of the 15.5kD box C/D snoRNP core protein in the primitive eukaryote Giardia lamblia reveals unique structural and functional featuresShyamasri Biswas
Department of Molecular and Structural Biochemistry, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695, United States
Biochemistry 50:2907-18. 2011Box C/D ribonucleoproteins (RNP) guide the 2'-O-methylation of targeted nucleotides in archaeal and eukaryotic rRNAs. The archaeal L7Ae and eukaryotic 15...
- An umbraviral protein, involved in long-distance RNA movement, binds viral RNA and forms unique, protective ribonucleoprotein complexesMichael Taliansky
Scottish Crop Research Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA, United Kingdom
J Virol 77:3031-40. 2003..of the TMV CP [TMV(ORF3)], in infected cells it interacted with the TMV RNA to form filamentous ribonucleoprotein (RNP) particles that had elements of helical structure but were not as uniform as classical virions...
- Immune responses to small nuclear ribonucleoproteins: antigen-dependent distinct B cell epitope spreading patterns in mice immunized with recombinant polypeptides of small nuclear ribonucleoproteinsUmesh S Deshmukh
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 168:5326-32. 2002..Ab responses, we immunized A/J mice with recombinant Smith D (SmD), Smith B (SmB), and A ribonucleoprotein (A-RNP) with alum as adjuvant...
- Mapping RNA-protein interactions in ribonuclease P from Escherichia coli using electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopyV Gopalan
Department of Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biochemistry 38:1705-14. 1999Ribonuclease P (RNase P) is a catalytic ribonucleoprotein (RNP) essential for tRNA biosynthesis. In Escherichia coli, this RNP complex is composed of a catalytic RNA subunit, M1 RNA, and a protein cofactor, C5 protein...
- Maternal mixed connective tissue disease and offspring with chondrodysplasia punctataSteffan W Schulz
Division of Rheumatology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 39:410-6. 2010....
- Pop3p is essential for the activity of the RNase MRP and RNase P ribonucleoproteins in vivoB Dichtl
EMBL, Gene Expression Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 16:417-29. 1997RNase MRP is a ribonucleoprotein (RNP) particle which is involved in the processing of pre-rRNA at site A3 in internal transcribed spacer 1...
- pH-sensitive radical-containing-nanoparticle (RNP) for the L-band-EPR imaging of low pH circumstancesToru Yoshitomi
Graduate School of Pure and Applied Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tennoudai 1 1 1, Tsukuba, 305 8573, Ibaraki, Japan
Bioconjug Chem 20:1792-8. 2009For the imaging of low pH circumstances in vivo, a pH-sensitive radical-containing-nanoparticle (RNP), which has an intense electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) signal, was designed and developed using a self-assembling amphiphilic ..
- Projection from the cerebellar lateral nucleus to precerebellar nuclei in the mossy fiber pathway is glutamatergic: a study combining anterograde tracing with immunogold labeling in the ratC Schwarz
Sektion fur Visuelle Sensomotorik, Neurologische Universitätsklinik Tübingen, Germany
J Comp Neurol 381:320-34. 1997..that of cerebellonuclear terminals in two other target structures, the parvocellular part of the nucleus ruber (RNp) and the ventromedial and ventrolateral thalamus (VM/VL)...
- Activation of TBK1 and IKKvarepsilon kinases by vesicular stomatitis virus infection and the role of viral ribonucleoprotein in the development of interferon antiviral immunityBenjamin R tenOever
Terry Fox Molecular Oncology Group, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, McGill University, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1E2
J Virol 78:10636-49. 2004..VSV is required to induce activation of the IKK-related kinases and provide evidence that ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex of VSV generated intracellularly during virus replication can activate TBK1 and IKKepsilon activity...
- A polypyrimidine tract binding protein, pumpkin RBP50, forms the basis of a phloem-mobile ribonucleoprotein complexByung Kook Ham
Department of Plant Biology, College of Biological Sciences, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Plant Cell 21:197-215. 2009RNA binding proteins (RBPs) are integral components of ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes and play a central role in RNA processing. In plants, some RBPs function in a non-cell-autonomous manner...
- Evidence for different contributions of archaea and bacteria to the ammonia-oxidizing potential of diverse Oregon soilsAnne E Taylor
Department of Crop and Soil Science, 3017 ALS, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:7691-8. 2010..inactivate ammonia monooxygenase, and upon the removal of acetylene, the recovery of nitrification potential (RNP) was monitored in the presence and absence of bacterial or eukaryotic protein synthesis inhibitors...
- Multiprotein complexes of the survival of motor neuron protein SMN with Gemins traffic to neuronal processes and growth cones of motor neuronsHonglai Zhang
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 26:8622-32. 2006..In immortalized non-neuronal cell lines, SMN has been shown to form a ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex with Gemin proteins, which is essential for the assembly of small nuclear RNPs (snRNPs)...
- Influence of clinical features, serum antinuclear antibodies, and lung function on survival of patients with systemic sclerosisS Jacobsen
Department of Rheumatology, Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
J Rheumatol 28:2454-9. 2001..To evaluate the independent contribution of several clinical and laboratory variables to the mortality of a cohort of Danish patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- The autoregulatory translational control element of poly(A)-binding protein mRNA forms a heteromeric ribonucleoprotein complexGopal P Patel
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1G 2W1
Nucleic Acids Res 33:7074-89. 2005..Using a modified ribonucleoprotein (RNP) immunoprecipitation procedure we further show that indeed, both IMP1 and UNR bind to the ARS containing reporter ..
- RIP-Chip: the isolation and identification of mRNAs, microRNAs and protein components of ribonucleoprotein complexes from cell extractsJack D Keene
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nat Protoc 1:302-7. 2006..which mRNAs associate, nor can they be used to elucidate the dynamic composition of RNAs in ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes in response to physiological stimuli...
- [Study on the recombinant expression of Hantaan virus protein N and the establishment and application of rNP-IgM direct capture ELISA]Han ping Zhu
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 28:692-6. 2007..NP) of hantavirus strain Z10 (HV-Z10), to construct its prokaryotic expression system as well as to establish a rNP-IgM direct capture ELISA based on HRP-labeled recombinant NP (rNP), in order to detect serum samples of patients ..
- Development of the human parvocellular red nucleus. A morphological studyKatsuyuki Yamaguchi
Department of Pathology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
Dev Neurosci 30:325-30. 2008Morphology of the human parvocellular red nucleus (RNp) was investigated in 14 fetuses aged from 12 to 39 weeks of gestation (WG). The brains were processed into celloidin-embedded serial sections...
- HLA class II phenotype controls diversification of the autoantibody response in primary SjÃ¶gren's syndrome (pSS)M Rischmueller
Department of Immunology, Allergy and Arthritis, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University of South Australia
Clin Exp Immunol 111:365-71. 1998..explained by intermolecular spreading of autoimmunity toward different components of the La/Ro ribonucleoprotein (RNP)...
- Incorporation of argyrophilic proteins into the nucleolus-associated chromatin caused by exposure to actinomycin DS Sato
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Ehime University, Japan
Biol Cell 63:19-26. 1988..is formed, detailed observations were carried out on thin sections following silver staining and ribonucleoprotein (RNP) preferential staining...
- Epitope mapping of recombinant HeLa SmB and B' peptides obtained by the polymerase chain reactionK B Elkon
Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 10021
J Immunol 145:636-43. 1990SmB and SmB' are the major antigenic proteins contained within small nuclear RNP particles that are recognized by both human SLE and MRL mouse anti-Sm sera...
- In vivo adjuvant activity of the RNA component of the Sm/RNP lupus autoantigenKindra M Kelly-Scumpia
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0221, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:3379-86. 2007..This study was undertaken to examine whether U1 RNA possesses adjuvant activity in vivo...
- Evaluation of the BioPlex 2200 ANA screen for the detection of antinuclear antibodies and comparison with conventional methodsSophie Desplat-Jego
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Hopital de la Conception, Marseille, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1109:245-55. 2007..detection of antibodies against the following antigens: dsDNA, chromatin, SSA-52 kDa, SSA-60 kDa, SSB, Sm, Sm/RNP, RNP-A, RNP-68 kDa, Scl70, centromere B, Jo-1, and P ribosomal proteins...
- Human G3BP1 interacts with beta-F1-ATPase mRNA and inhibits its translationAlvaro D Ortega
Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Centro de Biología Molecular Severo Ochoa CBMSO, CSIC UAM, Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Raras CIBERER, ISCIII, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Sci 123:2685-96. 2010..the mitochondrial H(+)-ATP synthase subunit beta (ATP5B, beta-F1-ATPase) is localized in a large ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex (beta-F1-RNP), which is subjected to stringent translational control during development and the cell cycle,..
- Determination of protein-RNA interaction sites in the Cbf5-H/ACA guide RNA complex by mass spectrometric protein footprintingDaniel L Baker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Genetics, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Biochemistry 47:1500-10. 2008..In eukaryotes and archaea, these modifications are carried out by H/ACA ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes, composed of an H/ACA guide RNA and four proteins, including the pseudouridine synthase, Cbf5...
- Isolation and characterization of a complementary DNA expressing human U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein C polypeptideK Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine and Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 140:311-7. 1988..vector lambda gt11 after screening with a patient's serum containing a high titer of anti-ribonucleoprotein (RNP) antibodies...
- [Extrachromosomal structures containing small nuclear RNP and coilin in the late vitellogenic oocytes of hibernating grass frogs]A G Tsvetkov
Institute of Cytology RAS, St Petersburg
Tsitologiia 44:1037-45. 2002..were also positively stained with antibodies against Sm-epitope and trimetylguanosine cap of small nuclear (sn) RNP. According to the results of in situ nucleic acid hybridization, the nucleoli contain U6 snRNA...
- Cytoplasmic tails of hantavirus glycoproteins interact with the nucleocapsid proteinJ Hepojoki
Department of Virology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Gen Virol 91:2341-50. 2010Here we characterize the interaction between the glycoproteins (Gn and Gc) and the ribonucleoprotein (RNP) of Puumala virus (PUUV; genus Hantavirus, family Bunyaviridae)...
- Multiple plant RNA binding proteins identified by PCR: expression of cDNAs encoding RNA binding proteins targeted to chloroplasts in Nicotiana plumbaginifoliaM Mieszczak
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Basel, Switzerland
Mol Gen Genet 234:390-400. 1992..90 amino acids with a characteristic ribonucleoprotein consensus sequence (RNP-CS). A PCR approach that is suitable for the characterization of RNP-CS-type proteins is described...
- Seawi--a sea urchin piwi/argonaute family member is a component of MT-RNP complexesAlexis J Rodriguez
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, 101 Warren Street, 135 Smith Hall, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
RNA 11:646-56. 2005..Seawi is a major component of microtubule-ribonucleoprotein (MT-RNP) complexes isolated from two different species of sea urchin, Strongylocentrotus purpuratus and Paracentrotus ..
- Autoantibodies in systemic sclerosisVirginia D Steen
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 2007, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 35:35-42. 2005..To describe the clinical, laboratory, and prognostic features associated with the scleroderma-specific autoantibodies...
- The role of defensins in the excitability of the peripheral vestibular system in the frog: evidence for the presence of communication between the immune and nervous systemsG N Andrianov
Laboratory of Physiology of Reception, Pavlov Institute of Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, nab Makarova 6, St Petersburg 199034, Russia
Hear Res 230:1-8. 2007..study investigated the electrophysiological effects of externally applied human and rabbit defensins (HNP-1 and RNP-1, correspondingly) on afferent neurotransmission in the frog semicircular canals (SCC)...
- Endothelial cell-binding activity of anti-U1-ribonucleoprotein antibodies in patients with connective tissue diseasesM Okawa-Takatsuji
Division of Clinical Immunology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 126:345-54. 2001In order to elucidate the immunological properties of anti-U1-ribonucleoprotein (RNP) antibody, one of the autoantibodies detected in patients with connective tissue diseases (CTDs), we tested the endothelial cell-binding by anti-U1-RNP ..
- GLD-2/RNP-8 cytoplasmic poly(A) polymerase is a broad-spectrum regulator of the oogenesis programKyung Won Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17445-50. 2010..One GLD-2 partner, RNP-8, was previously shown to influence oocyte fate specification...
- Attenuation of the ELAV1-like protein HuR sensitizes adenocarcinoma cells to the intrinsic apoptotic pathway by increasing the translation of caspase-2LC Winkler
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Cell Death Dis 5:e1321. 2014..Using ribonucleoprotein (RNP)-immunoprecipitation assay, we identified the proapoptotic caspase-2L encoding mRNA as a novel target of the ..
- Polycaprolactone scaffold engineered for sustained release of resveratrol: therapeutic enhancement in bone tissue engineeringManjunath Srinivas Kamath
Department of Biotechnology, School of Bioengineering, SRM University, Kilpauk, Tamil Nadu, India
Int J Nanomedicine 9:183-95. 2014..Resveratrol-loaded albumin nanoparticles (RNP) were synthesized and entrapped into a PCL scaffold to form PCL-RNP by a solvent casting and leaching method...
- Reactive oxygen species-scavenging nanomedicines for the treatment of oxidative stress injuriesToru Yoshitomi
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku 7 3 1, Tokyo, 113 0033, Japan
Adv Healthc Mater 3:1149-61. 2014..nanomedicines for the treatment of oxidative stress injuries, referred to as pH-sensitive redox nanoparticle (RNP(N) ) and pH-insensitive redox nanoparticle (RNP(O) ), which are prepared by self-assembling amphiphilic block ..
- 5'-UTR mediated translational control of splicing assembly factor RNP-4F expression during development of the Drosophila central nervous systemJing Chen
Department of Biology, Cell Molecular and Structural Biology Program, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Gene 528:154-62. 2013Drosophila RNP-4F is a highly conserved protein from yeast to human and functions as a spliceosome assembly factor during pre-mRNA splicing...
- Zinc ion dependent B-cell epitope, associated with primary Sjogren's syndrome, resides within the putative zinc finger domain of Ro60kD autoantigen: physical and immunologic propertiesJohn G Routsias
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, University of Athens, 11527 Athens, Greece
J Med Chem 47:4327-34. 2004The Ro/La ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex is composed of the proteins Ro60kD, Ro52kD, and La48kD that are in association with one small cytoplasmic RNA (YRNA)...
- The homogeneous multiplexed system--a new method for autoantibody profile in systemic lupus erythematosusGisele Zandman-Goddard
The Center for Autoimmune Diseases and the Department of Medicine B, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Clin Dev Immunol 12:107-11. 2005..We analyzed the presence of elevated titers of anti-Ro, anti-La, anti-RNP, anti-Sm, anti-Jo1, anti-centromere, anti-Scl-70, anti-histone, and anti-dsDNA antibodies in 199 serum samples (113 ..
- Immunofluorescence technique using HeLa cells expressing recombinant nucleoprotein for detection of immunoglobulin G antibodies to Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virusMasayuki Saijo
Special Pathogens Laboratory, Department of Virology 1 AIDS Research Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Gakuen 4 7 1, Musashimurayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 40:372-5. 2002A HeLa cell line continuously expressing recombinant nucleoprotein (rNP) of the Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus (CCHFV) was established by transfection with an expression vector containing the cDNA of CCHFV NP (pKS336-CCHFV-NP)...
- Genetic trans-complementation establishes a new model for influenza virus RNA transcription and replicationNúria Jorba
Centro Nacional de Biotecnología CSIC and CIBER de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Campus de Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000462. 2009..Viral RNA replication proceeds by formation of a complementary RNP of positive polarity (cRNP) that serves as intermediate to generate many progeny vRNPs...
- Calreticulin binds preferentially with B cell linear epitopes of Ro60 kD autoantigen, enhancing recognition by anti-Ro60 kD autoantibodiesE V Staikou
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, National University of Athens, 11527 Athens, Greece
Clin Exp Immunol 134:143-50. 2003..Previous studies suggested that calreticulin is probably a protein member of the Ro/La RNP complex...
- Mechanisms of autoantibody diversification to SLE-related autoantigensUmesh S Deshmukh
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 987:91-8. 2003..With snRNP proteins, SmD, SmB, and A-RNP as immunogens, specific patterns of intermolecular spreading were obtained in addition to Abs to the immunogens...
- HIV Rev response element (RRE) directs assembly of the Rev homooligomer into discrete asymmetric complexesMatthew D Daugherty
Chemistry and Chemical Biology Graduate Program, Graduate Group in Biophysics, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12481-6. 2010RNA is a crucial structural component of many ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes, including the ribosome, spliceosome, and signal recognition particle, but the role of RNA in guiding complex formation is only beginning to be explored...
- Localisation of RNAs into the germ plasm of vitellogenic Xenopus oocytesSarbjit Nijjar
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e61847. 2013..nanos1 (formerly Xcat2), we find that it consistently localised into aggregated germ plasm ribonucleoprotein (RNP) particles, independently of cytoskeletal integrity...
- The specificity and flexibility of l1 reverse transcription priming at imperfect T-tractsClément Monot
INSERM, U1081, Institute for Research on Cancer and Aging, Nice, Nice, France
PLoS Genet 9:e1003499. 2013..To replicate, the L1 ribonucleoprotein particle (RNP) first uses its endonuclease (EN) to nick the genomic DNA...
- Neonatal lupus syndrome associated with ribonucleoprotein antibodiesKara Heelan
Department of Dermatology, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, Ireland
Pediatr Dermatol 30:416-23. 2013..Neonatal lupus due to antiribonucleoprotein (RNP) antibodies has rarely been reported. On rare occasions RNP has been found in association with other antibodies...
- Transport of Drosophila fragile X mental retardation protein-containing ribonucleoprotein granules by kinesin-1 and cytoplasmic dyneinShuo Chien Ling
Neuroscience Program, Department of Cell Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 601 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:17428-33. 2004..protein (FMRP) has been shown to be involved in translational regulation and is found in ribonucleoprotein (RNP) granules that travel along dendrites of neurons...
- Differential localization of the two T. brucei poly(A) binding proteins to the nucleus and RNP granules suggests binding to distinct mRNA poolsSusanne Kramer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e54004. 2013..Most striking are differences in localization to the four known types of inducible RNP granules. Moreover, only PABP2 but not PABP1 can accumulate in the nucleus...
- Structural basis for substrate placement by an archaeal box C/D ribonucleoprotein particleSong Xue
Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Mol Cell 39:939-49. 2010..Here we report crystal structures of an archaeal box C/D RNP containing three core proteins (fibrillarin, Nop56/58, and L7Ae) and a half-mer box C/D guide RNA paired with a ..
- Antibody penetration of viable human cells. I. Increased penetration of human lymphocytes by anti-RNP IgGJ Ma
Centre for Immunology, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Clin Exp Immunol 84:83-91. 1991..peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBMC) were incubated with FITC-conjugated IgG fractions from sera containing anti-RNP (anti-RNP IgG), Ro(SS-A), La(SS-B) and dsDNA antibodies and control sera for 24 h...
- Anti-viral immunity induced by recombinant nucleoprotein of influenza A virus. II. Protection from influenza infection and mechanism of protectionJ P Tite
Department of Experimental Immunobiology, Wellcome Biotech, Langley Court, Beckenham, Kent, U K
Immunology 71:202-7. 1990Protection against influenza A virus infection in mice immunized with recombinant nucleoprotein (rNP) was studied...
- Stiffened yeast telomerase RNA supports RNP function in vitro and in vivoKevin J Lebo
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
RNA 18:1666-78. 2012..Although accessory subunits of the telomerase ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex function even when their binding sites are relocated on the yeast telomerase RNA, the physical nature of ..
- Phleboviruses encapsidate their genomes by sequestering RNA basesDonald D Raymond
Life Sciences Institute, Department of Biological Chemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:19208-13. 2012..segmented negative-sense RNA genomes that are sequestered by a nucleocapsid protein (N) to form ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes of irregular, asymmetric structure, previously uncharacterized at high resolution...
- Cellular mechanism of the conduction abnormalities induced by serum from anti-Ro/SSA-positive patients in rabbit heartsS Garcia
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Clin Invest 93:718-24. 1994..3 mg/ml of anti-Ro/SSA- (or anti-Ro/La-) positive IgG (nine sera), anti-ribonucleoprotein (RNP)-positive IgG (five sera), or IgG fractions from normal donors (five sera)...
- Assembly and disassembly of spliceosomes along a specific pre-messenger RNP fiberE Kiseleva
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
EMBO J 13:6052-61. 1994..In the nucleoplasmic pre-mRNP particle only one end of the RNP fiber was labeled by Y 12, presumably the 3' end; the anti-hnRNP antibody decorated the entire RNP fiber...
- Pulse labeling of small nuclear ribonucleoproteins in vivo reveals distinct patterns of antigen recognition by human autoimmune antibodiesD E Fisher
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:3185-9. 1984Antibodies directed against small nuclear ribonucleoprotein ( snRNP ) particles are found in the Sm and RNP autoimmune sera from numerous patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD)...
- Altered posttranslational modification on U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein 68k in systemic autoimmune diseases detected by 2D Western blotKouhei Nagai
Clinical Proteomics and Molecular Medicine, St Marianna University Graduate School of Medicine, Miyamae, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Electrophoresis 33:2028-35. 2012Anti-ribonucleoprotein (anti-RNP) antibodies are one of the representative autoantibodies detectable in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD)...
- 5S rRNA and accompanying proteins in gonads: powerful markers to identify sex and reproductive endocrine disruption in fishOihane Diaz de Cerio
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Histology, Department of Zoology and Animal Cell Biology, School of Science and Technology, University of the Basque Country, PO Box 644, E 48080, Bilbao, Basque Country
Environ Sci Technol 46:7763-71. 2012..transcriptionally by transcription factor IIIA (TFIIIA), which upon transcription, binds 5S rRNA, forming 7S RNP. 5S rRNA can be stockpiled also in the form of 42S RNP bound to 42sp43...
- Dendritic mRNA targeting and translationStefan Kindler
University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Institute for Human Genetics, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 970:285-305. 2012..For this purpose, mRNAs are packaged into large ribonucleoprotein (RNP) particles containing an array of trans-acting RNA-binding proteins...
- Novel Staufen1 ribonucleoproteins prevent formation of stress granules but favour encapsidation of HIV-1 genomic RNALevon G Abrahamyan
HIV 1 RNA Trafficking Laboratory, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, QC, H3T 1E2, Canada
J Cell Sci 123:369-83. 2010..The host protein, Staufen1 interacts directly with Gag and is found in ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes containing vRNA, which provides evidence that Staufen1 plays a role in vRNA selection and encapsidation...
- Transfer of rps19 to the nucleus involves the gain of an RNP-binding motif which may functionally replace RPS13 in Arabidopsis mitochondriaH Sanchez
Institut für Genbiologische Forschung Berlin GmbH, Germany
EMBO J 15:2138-49. 1996..The larger part of the extension, which shows high similarity to conserved RNA-binding domains of the RNP-CS type, became part of the S19 protein...
- Exclusion of mRNPs and ribosomal particles from a thin zone beneath the nuclear envelope revealed upon inhibition of transportKarin Kylberg
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 316:1028-38. 2010We have studied the nucleocytoplasmic transport of a specific messenger RNP (mRNP) particle, named Balbiani ring (BR) granule, and ribosomal RNP (rRNP) particles in the salivary glands of the dipteran Chironomus tentans...
- Ribosomal versus non-ribosomal cellular antigens: factors determining efficiency of indirect presentation to CD4+ T cellsMary Philip
Committee on Cancer Biology, and Department of Pathology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Immunology 130:494-503. 2010..targeted in autoimmune disease is circumscribed, and certain cellular components such as ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes are often targeted...
- Identification and characterisation of a novel human RNA-binding proteinJ Badolato
Bone and Mineral Research Division, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, N S W, Australia
Gene 166:323-7. 1995..nuclear RNA (hnRNA) into a mature message occurs within a number of different nuclear ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes which bind to the hnRNA and provide the machinery for these modifying events...
- Intermolecular protein-RNA interactions revealed by 2D 31P-15N magic angle spinning solid-state NMR spectroscopyStefan Jehle
Computational and Structural Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 132:3842-6. 2010The structural investigation of large RNP complexes by X-ray crystallography can be a difficult task due to the flexibility of the RNA and of the protein-RNA interfaces, which may hinder crystallization...
- Reassortment between avian H5N1 and human H3N2 influenza viruses creates hybrid viruses with substantial virulenceChengjun Li
Influenza Research Institute, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4687-92. 2010..We found that the presence of Tok07 PB2 protein in the ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex allowed efficient viral RNA transcription in a minigenome assay and that RNP activity played an essential ..
- Structure and Function in Catalytic RNP AssemblyMark Foster; Fiscal Year: 2009..and dynamic insights into how proteins modulate RNA structure and function in a catalytic ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex...
- Definition of Serum Ribonucleoprotein Composition and its Regulation and FunctionThomas Tuschl; Fiscal Year: 2013..exRNAs and their associated proteins in serum, investigate mechanisms leading to circulating ribonucleoprotein (RNP) homeostasis, and identify protein factors contributing to cellular RNA release...
- Posttranscriptional regulation by mRNA-binding shuttling and transport proteinsThomas Tuschl; Fiscal Year: 2013..ligands, will by co-crystallized with their respective recombinant proteins placing emphasis on obtaining larger RNP structures...
- Structure and Function of Human TelomeraseJULI F FEIGON; Fiscal Year: 2013..3'half contains the elements essential for localization, processing, TR accumulation, and binding the H/ACA RNP proteins...
- Methods for purification of individual nuclear pre-messenger RNA-protein complexeDonald C Rio; Fiscal Year: 2013..constellation of RNA binding proteins that a given transcript acquires to form a distinct ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex will control its RNA processing, RNA export and RNA stability...
- PATHOGENESIS OF AUTOANTIBODIES IN PRISTANE-INDUCED LUPUSWestley H Reeves; Fiscal Year: 2013..In mice with lupus caused by i.p. injection of tetramethylpentadecane (TMPD, pristane), anti-Sm/RNP and anti-DNA autoantibodies are induced and immune complex-mediated glomerulonephritis develops...
- Structural insights into pandemic and emerging influenza virusesIan A Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..immune response, and understand activity relationships of the surface glycoproteins (HA, NA) and ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex, including the polymerase (PA, PB1, PB2), that underlie the pathogenicity and transmissibility of pandemic ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF LUPUS AUTOIMMUNITYJudith James; Fiscal Year: 2000..to Sm and nRNP are apparently of high titer in that they precipitate in double immunodiffusion assays and bind RNP antigens in solution phase and by immunoblots. In essence, by immunizing rabbits with peptides, Dr. James and Dr...
- SPLICING OF MRNA PRECURSORSMichael R Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pre- mRNA splicing occurs in a ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex called the spliceosome, which is composed of a large number of proteins and multiple U small nuclear RNP ..
- Mechanism of RNA Localization in Drosophila DevelopmentElizabeth R Gavis; Fiscal Year: 2013..subcellular domains is a complex process involving the assembly and trafficking of large ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes...
- Synergism of telomere maintenance and telomerase with cancer-promoting signalingElizabeth H Blackburn; Fiscal Year: 2013..involve not only the active reverse transcriptase-competent form of the full telomerase ribonucleoprotein (RNP), but also the abundantly expressed, yet poorly characterized, reverse transcriptase-incompetent b- splice variant ..
- Nuclear export of RNAs by nuclear envelope buddingVIVIAN G BUDNIK; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies are likely to be paradigm-shifting for our understanding of how and where large RNP transport granules are formed, which is elemental to the understanding of how the precise polarized assembly of ..
- Mechanisms of DFrizzled-RNP Nuclear EgressRachel Maloney; Fiscal Year: 2013..DFz2C localizes to prominent foci at the periphery of muscle nuclei, which associate with large ribonucleoprotein (RNP) granules...
- Structure and dynamics of the Tetrahymena telomerase ribonucleoproteinMichael D Stone; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The telomerase ribonucleoprotein (RNP) is required for maintaining telomeres, the specialized nucleoprotein structures that protect eukaryotic chromosome ends from aberrant processing and deleterious ..
- Noncoding RNA targets of the spinal muscular atrophy proteinLivio Pellizzoni; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our hypothesis is that SMN role in RNP assembly may extend to other cellular noncoding RNAs (ncRNAs), possibly with a motor neuron-specific expression ..
- Regulation and Function of Germline RNP GranulesJENNIFER SCHISA; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The assembly of ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes into microscopically visible granules occurs as part of the normal cellular regulation of RNA metabolism (processing bodies) and in response to ..
- NUCLEAR ACIDIC PROTEIN ANTIGENS IN RHEUMATIC DISEASESGORDON SHARP; Fiscal Year: 1990..Patient autoimmune antibodies directed against distinct antigens (RNP, Sm and Me) of the ubiquitous U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle (U1 snRNP) are strongly associated with ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Rhabdovirus EntrySean P J Whelan; Fiscal Year: 2013..imaging approaches to probe the relationships between hemifusion, fusion pore formation and transfer of the RNP across a lipid bilayer in vitro...
- Assembly of the AI5-beta Group I Intron RNPEdward Turk; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal will elucidate the mechanisms of ribonucleoprotein (RNP) biogenesis...
- Biogenesis of H/ACA RibonucleoproteinsU Thomas Meier; Fiscal Year: 2013..by one of over 150 unique H/ACA RNAs, each of which associates with the same four core proteins to form an H/ACA RNP. The central core protein NAP57 (aka dyskerin) is mutated in the predominant X-linked form of the inherited bone ..
- Functional characterization of piRNPsZissimos Mourelatos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our understanding of gene expression regulation has changed radically with the discovery of ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes programmed with small RNAs...
- The regulation and function of cytoplasmic foci in quiescent cellsPaul K Herman; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal extends this analysis and examines a particular ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex that forms in the cytoplasm of resting cells, known as a Processing-body, or P-body...
- REGULATION OF MITOCHONDRIAL BIOGENESIS IN YEASTRONALD BUTOW; Fiscal Year: 2007..splicing, and in[unreadable] particular, to resolve excised group I introns from ribonucleoprotein[unreadable] (RNP) splicing complexes...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF RHEUMATOID ANTIGENS IN CYANOBACTERIASHIRLEY KOVACS; Fiscal Year: 1991..connective tissue disease (MCTD) patients produce autoantibodies directed against distinct antigenic sites (Sm and RNP respectively) on the ubiquitous U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle (U1snRNP or U1RNP) of eucaryotic cells...
- Assembly and export of HIV messenger ribonucleoproteinsJOHN ROBERT HOGG; Fiscal Year: 2010..the precise step of mRNA maturation affected, allowing a hypothesis-driven investigtion of HIV mRNA processing and RNP assembly. The specific properties of the 3'LTR leading to N86-hnRNPU-sensitivity are unknown...
- TELOMERASE RNP STRUCTURE/FUNCTIONDOROTHY SHIPPEN; Fiscal Year: 2001..The primary mechanism for synthesizing teleomeres is telomerase, an unusual ribonucleoprotein (RNP) with reverse transcriptase activity...
- NUCLEAR PROTEINS AND AUTOIMMUNITYSALLIE HOCH; Fiscal Year: 1992..Two such antigens have been designated Sm and RNP. Together these antigens are represented by at least 10 polypeptides, all of which are part of larger particles ..
- RNase P as a Model for Ribonucleoprotein AssemblySTACY CHAMBERLIN; Fiscal Year: 2005Ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complexes are integral to cellular function and control of RNP assembly is an important cellular regulatory mechanism and an attractive therapeutic target...
- Expression control in Drosophila splicing assembly factor RNP-4FJACK VAUGHN; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Drosophila RNP-4F is an ortholog to human p110, which functions with the pre-mRNA processing (PRP) protein class as a recycling factor to carry U4- and U6-snRNPs to the assembling spliceosome...
- Crystallizing Hepatitis B Virus Reverse TranscriptaseHwai Chen Guo; Fiscal Year: 2006..A critical early step in HBV replication is the assembly of a specific ribonucleoprotein (RNP) complex between the viral reverse transcriptase (RT) and a specific RNA signal called Epsilon, located at the 5&..
- IMMUNE MECHANISMS IN PRISTANE INDUCED LUPUS NEPHRITISWestley Reeves; Fiscal Year: 2003..This syndrome is characterized by disease-specific autoantibody production (anti-Sm, RNP, Su, ribosomal P, double stranded DNA), hypergammaglobulinemia, and severe immune complex-mediated ..