Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RNF14
Description: ring finger protein 14
Alias: ARA54, HFB30, HRIHFB2038, TRIAD2, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase RNF14, androgen receptor associated protein 54
- Long D, Wang P, Sun Y, Chen R, Wu Y. Neuropathy Target Esterase Is Degraded by the Ubiquitin-Proteasome Pathway with ARA54 as the Ubiquitin Ligase. Biochemistry. 2015;54:7385-92 pubmed publisher..Here we further reveal that androgen receptor-associated protein 54 (ARA54) regulated the ubiquitin-proteasome degradation of NTE...
- Ueki N, Oda T, Kondo M, Yano K, Noguchi T, Muramatsu M. Selection system for genes encoding nuclear-targeted proteins. Nat Biotechnol. 1998;16:1338-42 pubmed..We propose that NTT is an efficient method for isolating cDNAs that encode nuclear targeted proteins that can be applied to the retrieval of novel nuclear proteins and to annotate gene function. ..
- Lin D, Fang H, Ma A, Huang Y, Pu Y, Jenster G, et al. Negative modulation of androgen receptor transcriptional activity by Daxx. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10529-41 pubmed..Together, these findings not only provide a novel role of Daxx in controlling AR transactivation activity but also uncover the mechanism underlying sumoylation-dependent transcriptional repression of the AR. ..
- Mestayer C, Blanchere M, Jaubert F, Dufour B, Mowszowicz I. Expression of androgen receptor coactivators in normal and cancer prostate tissues and cultured cell lines. Prostate. 2003;56:192-200 pubmed..AR and coactivators ARA54, ARA55, ARA70, and SRC1 RNA were analyzed by RT-PCR in normal and tumoral tissues of the same prostate, in ..
- He B, Minges J, Lee L, Wilson E. The FXXLF motif mediates androgen receptor-specific interactions with coregulators. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10226-35 pubmed..Here we show that FXXLF motifs are present in previously reported AR coactivators ARA70/RFG, ARA55/Hic-5, and ARA54, which account for their selection in yeast two-hybrid screens...
- Laganiere J, Deblois G, Giguere V. Functional genomics identifies a mechanism for estrogen activation of the retinoic acid receptor alpha1 gene in breast cancer cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1584-92 pubmed
- Pick E, Lau O, Tsuge T, Menon S, Tong Y, Dohmae N, et al. Mammalian DET1 regulates Cul4A activity and forms stable complexes with E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4708-19 pubmed..Overexpression of DET1 inhibits UV-induced CDT1 degradation in cultured cells. These findings demonstrate that the conserved DET1 complex modulates Cul4A functions by a novel mechanism. ..
- Ueda T, Mawji N, Bruchovsky N, Sadar M. Ligand-independent activation of the androgen receptor by interleukin-6 and the role of steroid receptor coactivator-1 in prostate cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38087-94 pubmed..7) Ligand-independent activation of the AR did not occur by a mechanism of overexpression of either solely wild-type SRC-1 or mutant SRC-1 that mimics its phosphorylated form. ..
- Xu K, Shimelis H, Linn D, Jiang R, Yang X, Sun F, et al. Regulation of androgen receptor transcriptional activity and specificity by RNF6-induced ubiquitination. Cancer Cell. 2009;15:270-82 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RNF6-induced ubiquitination may regulate AR transcriptional activity and specificity through modulating cofactor recruitment. ..
- Ito K, Adachi S, Iwakami R, Yasuda H, Muto Y, Seki N, et al. N-Terminally extended human ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes (E2s) mediate the ubiquitination of RING-finger proteins, ARA54 and RNF8. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2725-32 pubmed..we performed yeast two-hybrid screening for protein(s) interacting with UBE2E2, and two RING-finger proteins, ARA54 and RNF8, were identified...
- Wang J, Zhang W, Ji W, Liu X, Ouyang G, Xiao W. The von hippel-lindau protein suppresses androgen receptor activity. Mol Endocrinol. 2014;28:239-48 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel function of pVHL in the regulation of AR transcription activity, which may expand the scope of pVHL in tumor suppression and provide mechanistic insight into prostate cancer initiation and progression. ..
- Ambivero C, Cilenti L, Main S, Zervos A. Mulan E3 ubiquitin ligase interacts with multiple E2 conjugating enzymes and participates in mitophagy by recruiting GABARAP. Cell Signal. 2014;26:2921-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the interaction of GABARAP with Mulan-Ube2E3 supports the role of Mulan as an important regulator of mitophagy and provides a plausible mechanism for its function in this process. ..
- Ueki N, Seki N, Yano K, Masuho Y, Saito T, Muramatsu M. Isolation and characterization of a novel human gene (HFB30) which encodes a protein with a RING finger motif. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1445:232-6 pubmedA human cDNA, HFB30, encoding a novel protein that contains a RING finger (C3HC4-type zinc finger) motif was isolated. This cDNA clone consists of 3056 nucleotides and encodes an open reading frame of a 474 amino acid protein...
- Yang Z, Chang Y, Miyamoto H, Yeh S, Yao J, di Sant agnese P, et al. Suppression of androgen receptor transactivation and prostate cancer cell growth by heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 via interaction with androgen receptor coregulator ARA54. Endocrinology. 2007;148:1340-9 pubmed..heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A1 as an associated negative modulator for the AR coregulator ARA54. hnRNP A1 selectively suppressed ARA54-enhanced wild-type and mutant AR transactivation via interruption of AR-..
- Lan K, Hseh C, Lu S, Chang S, Shyr C, Chen Y, et al. Expression of androgen receptor co-regulators in the testes of men with azoospermia. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:1397-405 pubmed..However, the levels of expression of ARA54 mRNA were significantly lower and ARA55 mRNA was significantly higher in specimens from men with nonobstructive ..