Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RNASEH2B
Description: ribonuclease H2, subunit B
Alias: AGS2, DLEU8, Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome 2 protein, RNase H2 subunit B, deleted in lymphocytic leukemia 8, ribonuclease H2 subunit B, ribonuclease HI subunit B
- Mutations in genes encoding ribonuclease H2 subunits cause Aicardi-Goutières syndrome and mimic congenital viral brain infectionYanick J Crow
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, UK
Nat Genet 38:910-6. 2006..Our findings demonstrate a role for ribonuclease H in human neurological disease and suggest an unanticipated relationship between ribonuclease H2 and the antiviral immune response that warrants further investigation...
- Receptor-independent activators of heterotrimeric G-protein signaling pathwaysA Takesono
Department of Pharmacology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 274:33202-5. 1999..We identified two mammalian proteins, AGS2 and AGS3 (activators of G-protein signaling), that activated the pheromone response pathway at the level of ..
- PCNA directs type 2 RNase H activity on DNA replication and repair substratesDoryen Bubeck
Division of Structural Biology, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 39:3652-66. 2011..of Archaeoglobus fulgidus RNase HII in complex with PCNA, and human PCNA bound to a C-terminal peptide of RNASEH2B. In the archaeal structure, three binding modes are observed as the enzyme rotates about a flexible hinge while ..
- Crosstalk between components of the innate immune system: promoting anti-microbial defenses and avoiding immunopathologiesKarine Crozat
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Immunol Rev 227:129-49. 2009....
- Contributions of the two accessory subunits, RNASEH2B and RNASEH2C, to the activity and properties of the human RNase H2 complexHyongi Chon
Program in Genomics of Differentiation, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda MD 20892, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:96-110. 2009..In contrast, the RNASEH2B and RNASEH2C subunits from human and Saccharomyces cerevisiae share very little homology, although they both form ..
- Aicardi-Goutières syndrome: description of a late onset caseStefano D'Arrigo
Department of Developmental Neurology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
Dev Med Child Neurol 50:631-4. 2008..The syndrome can be caused by mutations in the AGS1 gene encoding the exonuclease TREX1, or in any of the AGS2, AGS3, or AGS4 genes that encode the three subunits of the human ribonuclease H2 (RNaseH2) complex...
- Aicardi-Goutières syndrome: an important Mendelian mimic of congenital infectionYanick J Crow
Wellcome Trust Brenner Building, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 50:410-6. 2008..development and occasionally associated with remarkably preserved neurological function, most frequently due to RNASEH2B mutations...
- Clinical and molecular phenotype of Aicardi-Goutieres syndromeGillian Rice
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, UK
Am J Hum Genet 81:713-25. 2007..Biallelic mutations in TREX1, RNASEH2A, RNASEH2B, and RNASEH2C were observed in 31, 3, 47, and 18 families, respectively...
- G protein beta gamma subunit interaction with the dynein light-chain component Tctex-1 regulates neurite outgrowthPallavi Sachdev
Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
EMBO J 26:2621-32. 2007..a Gbetagamma-binding protein and shown to be identical to the receptor-independent activator of G protein signaling AGS2. We propose a novel role for the interaction of Gbetagamma with Tctex-1 in neurite outgrowth...
- AGS3, an alpha(1-3)glucan synthase gene family member of Aspergillus fumigatus, modulates mycelium growth in the lung of experimentally infected miceD Maubon
Aspergillus Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Fungal Genet Biol 43:366-75. 2006..In A. fumigatus, three putative alpha(1-3)glucan synthase genes AGS1, AGS2 and AGS3 have been identified...
- A second locus for Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome at chromosome 13q14-21M Ali
Molecular Medicine Unit, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
J Med Genet 43:444-50. 2006..AGS may result from a perturbation of interferon alpha metabolism. The disorder is genetically heterogeneous with approximately 50% of families mapping to the first known locus at 3p21 (AGS1)...
- Two alpha(1-3) glucan synthases with different functions in Aspergillus fumigatusA Beauvais
Aspergillus Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:1531-8. 2005..Two genes in A. fumigatus, AGS1 and AGS2, are highly homologous to the AGS genes of Schizosaccharomyces pombe, which encode putative alpha(1-3) glucan ..
- AGS proteins, GPR motifs and the signals processed by heterotrimeric G proteinsStephen M Lanier
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido St New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Biol Cell 96:369-72. 2004..We identified three proteins, AGS1, AGS2 and AGS3 (for Activators of G-protein Signaling), that activated heterotrimeric G-protein signalling pathways in ..
- A novel form of autosomal recessive pure hereditary spastic paraplegia maps to chromosome 13q14C A Hodgkinson
Genetics Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Neurology 59:1905-9. 2002..HSP is classified according to the presence or absence of accompanying neurologic problems and by the mode of inheritance. Currently, 17 loci have been linked to the various forms of HSP...
- α1,3 glucans are dispensable in Aspergillus fumigatusChristine Henry
Unite des Aspergillus, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Eukaryot Cell 11:26-9. 2012..mutant of Aspergillus fumigatus obtained by successive deletions of the three α1,3 glucan synthase genes (AGS1, AGS2, and AGS3) has a cell wall devoid of α1,3 glucans...
- Identification of genes related to Parkinson's disease using expressed sequence tagsJeong-Min Kim
Laboratory of Human Genomics, Genome Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB) Daejeon, Korea
DNA Res 13:275-86. 2006..These new genes, MBP, PBP, GNAS, SPP1 and TUBA3 in particular, represent potential biomarkers for PD and could serve as useful targets for elucidating the molecular mechanisms associated with PD...