Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RBSN
Description: rabenosyn, RAB effector
Alias: Rabenosyn-5, ZFYVE20, rabenosyn-5, 110 kDa protein, FYVE finger-containing Rab5 effector protein rabenosyn-5, RAB effector RBSN, zinc finger, FYVE domain containing 20
- Scheidel N, Kennedy J, Blacque O. Endosome maturation factors Rabenosyn-5/VPS45 and caveolin-1 regulate ciliary membrane and polycystin-2 homeostasis. EMBO J. 2018;37: pubmed publisher..Our findings also provide insight into the regulation of PKD-2 ciliary levels via integrated endosomal sorting and CAV-1-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Naslavsky N, McKenzie J, Altan Bonnet N, Sheff D, Caplan S. EHD3 regulates early-endosome-to-Golgi transport and preserves Golgi morphology. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:389-400 pubmed publisher..These data also suggest that impaired endosome-to-Golgi transport and the resulting lack of recruitment of AP-1 gamma-adaptin to Golgi membranes affect Golgi morphology. ..
- Mace G, Miaczynska M, Zerial M, Nebreda A. Phosphorylation of EEA1 by p38 MAP kinase regulates mu opioid receptor endocytosis. EMBO J. 2005;24:3235-46 pubmed..Our results highlight a novel mechanism whereby p38 MAPK regulates receptor endocytosis under physiological conditions via phosphorylation of Rab5 effectors. ..
- Stockler S, Corvera S, Lambright D, Fogarty K, Nosova E, Leonard D, et al. Single point mutation in Rabenosyn-5 in a female with intractable seizures and evidence of defective endocytotic trafficking. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2014;9:141 pubmed publisherWe report a 6.5Â year-old female with a homozygous missense mutation in ZFYVE20, encoding Rabenosyn-5 (Rbsn-5), a highly conserved multi-domain protein implicated in receptor-mediated endocytosis...
- Merithew E, Stone C, Eathiraj S, Lambright D. Determinants of Rab5 interaction with the N terminus of early endosome antigen 1. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8494-500 pubmed
- Ku B, Lee K, Park W, Yang C, Ge J, Lee S, et al. VipD of Legionella pneumophila targets activated Rab5 and Rab22 to interfere with endosomal trafficking in macrophages. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1003082 pubmed publisher..Together, this work reveals endosomal trafficking as a target of L. pneumophila and delineates the underlying molecular mechanism. ..
- Zuo L, Zhang F, Zhang H, Zhang X, Wang F, Li C, et al. Genome-wide search for replicable risk gene regions in alcohol and nicotine co-dependence. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2012;159B:437-44 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the SH3BP5-NR2C2 region on Chromosome 3 might harbor causal loci for alcohol and nicotine co-dependence. ..
- Naslavsky N, Rahajeng J, Sharma M, Jovic M, Caplan S. Interactions between EHD proteins and Rab11-FIP2: a role for EHD3 in early endosomal transport. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:163-77 pubmed..The results presented herein promote a coordinated role for EHD proteins and Rab11-FIP2 in mediating endocytic recycling and provide evidence for the function of EHD3 in early endosome to ERC transport. ..
- Schnatwinkel C, Christoforidis S, Lindsay M, Uttenweiler Joseph S, Wilm M, Parton R, et al. The Rab5 effector Rabankyrin-5 regulates and coordinates different endocytic mechanisms. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E261 pubmed..Furthermore, its active role in apical pinocytosis in epithelial cells suggests an important function of Rabankyrin-5 in the physiology of polarised cells. ..
- Naslavsky N, Boehm M, Backlund P, Caplan S. Rabenosyn-5 and EHD1 interact and sequentially regulate protein recycling to the plasma membrane. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2410-22 pubmed..Our studies suggest that Rabenosyn-5 and EHD1 act sequentially in the transport of proteins from early endosomes to the endosomal recycling compartment and back to the plasma membrane. ..
- de Renzis S, Sönnichsen B, Zerial M. Divalent Rab effectors regulate the sub-compartmental organization and sorting of early endosomes. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:124-33 pubmed..These effects depend on the ability of Rabenosyn-5 to interact with Rab4. We propose that divalent Rab effectors regulate protein sorting and recycling by connecting Rab domains on early endosomes. ..