Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RbAp48
Description: RB binding protein 4, chromatin remodeling factor
Alias: NURF55, RBAP48, lin-53, histone-binding protein RBBP4, CAF-1 subunit C, CAF-I 48 kDa subunit, CAF-I p48, MSI1 protein homolog, RBBP-4, chromatin assembly factor 1 subunit C, chromatin assembly factor I p48 subunit, chromatin assembly factor/CAF-1 p48 subunit, nucleosome-remodeling factor subunit RBAP48, retinoblastoma-binding protein 4, retinoblastoma-binding protein p48
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Roche A, Bassett B, Samant S, Hong W, Blobel G, Svensson E. The zinc finger and C-terminal domains of MTA proteins are required for FOG-2-mediated transcriptional repression via the NuRD complex. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;44:352-60 pubmed..we demonstrate that Metastasis-Associated proteins (MTA)-1, 2 and 3 and Retinoblastoma binding proteins RbAp46 and RbAp48 interact with FOG-2, but not with a mutant form of FOG-2 that is unable to repress transcription...
- Pasini D, Cloos P, Walfridsson J, Olsson L, Bukowski J, Johansen J, et al. JARID2 regulates binding of the Polycomb repressive complex 2 to target genes in ES cells. Nature. 2010;464:306-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results demonstrate that JARID2 is essential for the binding of PcG proteins to target genes and, consistent with this, for the proper differentiation of embryonic stem cells and normal development. ..
- Qian Y, Wang Y, Hollingsworth R, Jones D, Ling N, Lee E. A retinoblastoma-binding protein related to a negative regulator of Ras in yeast. Nature. 1993;364:648-52 pubmed..Here we report the isolation of a full-length complementary DNA (RbAp48) encoding p48...
- Zhang Y, Ng H, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Bird A, Reinberg D. Analysis of the NuRD subunits reveals a histone deacetylase core complex and a connection with DNA methylation. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1924-35 pubmed..The histone deacetylases HDAC1 and HDAC2 and the histone binding proteins RbAp48 and RbAp46 form a core complex shared between NuRD and Sin3-histone deacetylase complexes...
- Takami Y, Ono T, Fukagawa T, Shibahara K, Nakayama T. Essential role of chromatin assembly factor-1-mediated rapid nucleosome assembly for DNA replication and cell division in vertebrate cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:129-41 pubmed..These observations highlighted the essential role of CAF-1-dependent nucleosome assembly in DNA replication and cell proliferation through its interaction with PCNA. ..
- Zhang W, Tyl M, Ward R, Sobott F, Maman J, Murthy A, et al. Structural plasticity of histones H3-H4 facilitates their allosteric exchange between RbAp48 and ASF1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:29-35 pubmed publisher..end we have studied the interaction of the histone H3-H4 complex with the human retinoblastoma-associated protein RbAp48 and their exchange with a second histone chaperone, anti-silencing function protein 1 (ASF1)...
- Hassig C, Fleischer T, Billin A, Schreiber S, Ayer D. Histone deacetylase activity is required for full transcriptional repression by mSin3A. Cell. 1997;89:341-7 pubmed..mSin3A-targeted repression of a reporter gene is reduced by trapoxin treatment, suggesting that histone deacetylation mediates transcriptional repression through Mad-Max-mSin3A multimeric complexes. ..
- Xue Y, Wong J, Moreno G, Young M, Cote J, Wang W. NURD, a novel complex with both ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling and histone deacetylase activities. Mol Cell. 1998;2:851-61 pubmed..These results suggest that ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling can participate in transcriptional repression by assisting repressors in gaining access to chromatin. ..
- Humphrey G, Wang Y, Russanova V, Hirai T, Qin J, Nakatani Y, et al. Stable histone deacetylase complexes distinguished by the presence of SANT domain proteins CoREST/kiaa0071 and Mta-L1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6817-24 pubmed..Complex cII (15 S) contained >/=15 proteins, including CHD3/4 (Mi-2), Mta-L1, RbAp48/46, and MBD3, characteristic of vertebrate nucleosome-remodeling complexes...
- Feng Q, Cao R, Xia L, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Zhang Y. Identification and functional characterization of the p66/p68 components of the MeCP1 complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:536-46 pubmed..The identification and characterization of all the MeCP1 components set the stage for reconstitution of the MeCP1 complex. ..
- Lejon S, Thong S, Murthy A, Alqarni S, Murzina N, Blobel G, et al. Insights into association of the NuRD complex with FOG-1 from the crystal structure of an RbAp48·FOG-1 complex. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1196-203 pubmed publisher..Here, we present the 1.9 Å resolution crystal structure of the NuRD subunit RbAp48 bound to the 15 N-terminal amino acids of the GATA-1 cofactor FOG-1...
- Verreault A, Kaufman P, Kobayashi R, Stillman B. Nucleosomal DNA regulates the core-histone-binding subunit of the human Hat1 acetyltransferase. Curr Biol. 1998;8:96-108 pubmed
- Tong J, Hassig C, Schnitzler G, Kingston R, Schreiber S. Chromatin deacetylation by an ATP-dependent nucleosome remodelling complex. Nature. 1998;395:917-21 pubmed..Our results establish a physical and functional link between the distinct chromatin-modifying activities of histone deacetylases and nucleosome remodelling proteins. ..
- Tagami H, Ray Gallet D, Almouzni G, Nakatani Y. Histone H3.1 and H3.3 complexes mediate nucleosome assembly pathways dependent or independent of DNA synthesis. Cell. 2004;116:51-61 pubmed..This finding provides new insights into possible mechanisms for maintenance of epigenetic information after chromatin duplication. ..
- Verreault A, Kaufman P, Kobayashi R, Stillman B. Nucleosome assembly by a complex of CAF-1 and acetylated histones H3/H4. Cell. 1996;87:95-104 pubmed..Our data suggest that CAC is a key intermediate of the de novo nucleosome assembly pathway and that the p48 subunit participates in other aspects of histone metabolism. ..
- Hassig C, Tong J, Fleischer T, Owa T, Grable P, Ayer D, et al. A role for histone deacetylase activity in HDAC1-mediated transcriptional repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3519-24 pubmed..A subset of these mutations also cause a decreased interaction with the HDAC1-associated proteins RbAp48 and mSin3A...
- Zhang Y, Sun Z, Iratni R, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Hampsey M, et al. SAP30, a novel protein conserved between human and yeast, is a component of a histone deacetylase complex. Mol Cell. 1998;1:1021-31 pubmed..complex that includes Sin3, the histone deacetylases HDAC1 and HDAC2, histone binding proteins RbAp46 and RbAp48, as well as other polypeptides...
- Guschin D, Wade P, Kikyo N, Wolffe A. ATP-Dependent histone octamer mobilization and histone deacetylation mediated by the Mi-2 chromatin remodeling complex. Biochemistry. 2000;39:5238-45 pubmed..Here, we use a purified Mi-2 complex containing six components, Mi-2, Mta 1-like, p66, RbAp48, RPD3, and MBD3, to investigate the capacity of this complex to destabilize histone-DNA interactions and ..
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Chen Y, Sun Y, Yang F, Yu W, et al. LSD1 is a subunit of the NuRD complex and targets the metastasis programs in breast cancer. Cell. 2009;138:660-72 pubmed publisher..By enlisting LSD1, the NuRD complex expands its chromatin remodeling capacity to include ATPase, histone deacetylase, and histone demethylase. ..
- Pegoraro G, Kubben N, Wickert U, GÃ¶hler H, Hoffmann K, Misteli T. Ageing-related chromatin defects through loss of the NURD complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:1261-7 pubmed publisher..These results outline a molecular mechanism for chromatin defects during ageing. ..
- Spruijt C, Bartels S, Brinkman A, Tjeertes J, Poser I, Stunnenberg H, et al. CDK2AP1/DOC-1 is a bona fide subunit of the Mi-2/NuRD complex. Mol Biosyst. 2010;6:1700-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, immunofluorescence experiments reveal co-localization between MBD2 and DOC-1 in mouse NIH-3T3 nuclei. Collectively, these results indicate that DOC-1 is a bona fide subunit of the Mi-2/NuRD chromatin remodeling complex. ..
- Terhune S, Moorman N, Cristea I, Savaryn J, Cuevas Bennett C, Rout M, et al. Human cytomegalovirus UL29/28 protein interacts with components of the NuRD complex which promote accumulation of immediate-early RNA. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000965 pubmed publisher..We propose that pUL29/28 modifies the NuRD complex to stimulate the accumulation of immediate-early RNAs...
- Wang J, Yang J, Yang Z, Lu X, Jin C, Cheng L, et al. RbAp48, a novel inhibitory factor that regulates the transcription of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:267-74 pubmed publisherRetinoblastoma binding protein 4 (RbAp48) is a histone chaperone which has been suggested to play a role in gene silencing...
- Kuzmichev A, Zhang Y, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Reinberg D. Role of the Sin3-histone deacetylase complex in growth regulation by the candidate tumor suppressor p33(ING1). Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:835-48 pubmed..previously found that a human Sin3-HDAC complex includes HDAC1 and HDAC2, the histone-binding proteins RbAp46 and RbAp48, and two novel polypeptides SAP30 and SAP18...
- Nikolaev A, Papanikolaou N, Li M, Qin J, Gu W. Identification of a novel BRMS1-homologue protein p40 as a component of the mSin3A/p33(ING1b)/HDAC1 deacetylase complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:1216-22 pubmed..Thus, our data indicate that p40 may be critically involved in transcription repression of cell growth-associated gene expression by recruiting the HDAC1 deacetylase complex. ..
- Huang S, Li X, Yusufzai T, Qiu Y, Felsenfeld G. USF1 recruits histone modification complexes and is critical for maintenance of a chromatin barrier. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7991-8002 pubmed..These results show that USF1 plays a direct role in maintaining the barrier, supporting a model in which the insulator works as a barrier by maintaining a local environment of active chromatin. ..
- Van Rechem C, Boulay G, Pinte S, Stankovic Valentin N, Guerardel C, Leprince D. Differential regulation of HIC1 target genes by CtBP and NuRD, via an acetylation/SUMOylation switch, in quiescent versus proliferating cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4045-59 pubmed publisher..Our results decipher a mechanistic link between two competitive posttranslational modifications of HIC1 and corepressor recruitment to specific genes, leading to growth control. ..
- Cai L, Wang D, Fisher A, Wang Z. Identification of a genetic interaction between the tumor suppressor EAF2 and the retinoblastoma protein (Rb) signaling pathway in C. elegans and prostate cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;447:292-8 pubmed publisher..2, pha-4, ruvb-2 and set-6 as hits. LIN-53 is the C. elegans ortholog of human retinoblastoma binding protein 4/7 (RBBP 4/7), which binds to the retinoblastoma protein and inhibits the Ras signaling pathway...
- Li D, Song H, Mei H, Fang E, Wang X, Yang F, et al. Armadillo repeat containing 12 promotes neuroblastoma progression through interaction with retinoblastoma binding protein 4. Nat Commun. 2018;9:2829 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, ARMC12 physically interacts with retinoblastoma binding protein 4 (RBBP4) to facilitate the formation and activity of polycomb repressive complex 2, resulting in ..
- Jiang C, Jin S, Pfeifer G. MBD3L1 is a transcriptional repressor that interacts with methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 (MBD2) and components of the NuRD complex. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52456-64 pubmed..NuRD complex, including HDAC1, HDAC2, MTA2, MBD2, RbAp46, and RbAp48, but MBD3 is not found in the MBD3L1-bound fraction...
- Barral S, Reitz C, Small S, Mayeux R. Genetic variants in a 'cAMP element binding protein' (CREB)-dependent histone acetylation pathway influence memory performance in cognitively healthy elderly individuals. Neurobiol Aging. 2014;35:2881.e7-2881.e10 pubmed publisher..A recent study has implicated RbAp48, which mediates its effect on age-related memory decline by interacting with cyclic adenosine monophosphate ..
- Vaute O, Nicolas E, Vandel L, Trouche D. Functional and physical interaction between the histone methyl transferase Suv39H1 and histone deacetylases. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:475-81 pubmed..bound the so-called 'core histone deacetylase complex', composed of HDAC1, HDAC2 and the Rb-associated proteins RbAp48 and RbAp46...
- Tsujii A, Miyamoto Y, Moriyama T, Tsuchiya Y, Obuse C, Mizuguchi K, et al. Retinoblastoma-binding Protein 4-regulated Classical Nuclear Transport Is Involved in Cellular Senescence. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:29375-88 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to identify a factor that competes with importin Î²1 to bind to importin Î±, and it demonstrates that the loss of this factor can trigger cellular senescence. ..
- Bauw G, Rasmussen H, Van den Bulcke M, Van Damme J, Puype M, Gesser B, et al. Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis, protein electroblotting and microsequencing: a direct link between proteins and genes. Electrophoresis. 1990;11:528-36 pubmed..This offers a unique opportunity to link information contained in protein databases with known or forthcoming DNA sequence data. ..
- Zhang T, Wei G, Millard C, Fischer R, Konietzny R, Kessler B, et al. A variant NuRD complex containing PWWP2A/B excludes MBD2/3 to regulate transcription at active genes. Nat Commun. 2018;9:3798 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest a role for PWWP2A/B in regulating transcription through the fine-tuning of histone acetylation dynamics at actively transcribed genes. ..
- Song H, Xia S, Liao C, Li Y, Wang Y, Li T, et al. Genes encoding Pir51, Beclin 1, RbAp48 and aldolase b are up or down-regulated in human primary hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2004;10:509-13 pubmed..We identified 4 genes, the expression of three (Beclin 1, RbAp48 and Pir51) were increased and one (aldolase b) was decreased in liver tumor tissues...
- Adona P, Leal C, Biase F, De Bem T, Mesquita L, Meirelles F, et al. In vitro maturation alters gene expression in bovine oocytes. Zygote. 2016;24:624-33 pubmed publisher..We propose that the differentially expressed genes are candidates for biomarkers of oocyte competence. In vitro oocyte maturation can affect the abundance of specific transcripts and are likely to deplete the developmental competence. ..
- Bai X, Wang D, Ji H, Zheng L, Lu Y, Tang W, et al. RbAp48 Is Critical for the Proliferation of Hypopharyngeal Carcinoma. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2015;77:310-9 pubmed publisherEmerging evidence has indicated the significance of RbAp48 in tumorigenesis...
- Yang S, Sun A, Shi Y, Li F, Pickett H. Structural and functional characterization of the RBBP4-ZNF827 interaction and its role in NuRD recruitment to telomeres. Biochem J. 2018;475:2667-2679 pubmed publisher..These data provide insights into the structural and functional determinants of NuRD activity at ALT telomeres. ..
- Shuaib M, Ouararhni K, Dimitrov S, Hamiche A. HJURP binds CENP-A via a highly conserved N-terminal domain and mediates its deposition at centromeres. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1349-54 pubmed publisher..Our data identified HJURP as a vertebrate CENP-A chaperone and dissected its mode of interactions with CENP-A. ..
- Vavougios G, Solenov E, Hatzoglou C, Baturina G, Katkova L, Molyvdas P, et al. Computational genomic analysis of PARK7 interactome reveals high BBS1 gene expression as a prognostic factor favoring survival in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015;309:L677-86 pubmed publisher..Among them, BBS1 emerged as a novel predictor of overall survival in MPM. Finally, we identified that PARK7 interactome is involved in novel pathways pertinent in MPM disease. ..
- Shi Y, Downes M, Xie W, Kao H, Ordentlich P, Tsai C, et al. Sharp, an inducible cofactor that integrates nuclear receptor repression and activation. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1140-51 pubmed..Surprisingly, the expression of SHARP is itself steroid inducible, suggesting a simple feedback mechanism for attenuation of the hormonal response. ..
- Johnson C, White D, Lavender J, O Neill L, Turner B. Human class I histone deacetylase complexes show enhanced catalytic activity in the presence of ATP and co-immunoprecipitate with the ATP-dependent chaperone protein Hsp70. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:9590-7 pubmed..We suggest that Hsp chaperone proteins enhance the deacetylase activity of HDAC complexes by ATP-dependent manipulation of protein substrates. ..
- Quan J, Adelmant G, Marto J, Look A, Yusufzai T. The chromatin remodeling factor CHD5 is a transcriptional repressor of WEE1. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108066 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that CHD5 is a NuRD-associated transcriptional repressor and identifies WEE1 as one of the CHD5-regulated genes that may link CHD5 to tumor suppression. ..
- Schultz L, Haltom J, Almeida M, Wierson W, Solin S, Weiss T, et al. Epigenetic regulators Rbbp4 and Hdac1 are overexpressed in a zebrafish model of RB1 embryonal brain tumor, and are required for neural progenitor survival and proliferation. Dis Model Mech. 2018;11: pubmed publisher..overexpression of chromatin remodeler components histone deacetylase 1 (hdac1) and retinoblastoma binding protein 4 (rbbp4)...
- Grozinger C, Hassig C, Schreiber S. Three proteins define a class of human histone deacetylases related to yeast Hda1p. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:4868-73 pubmed..However, HDAC4 and HDAC5 associate with HDAC3 in vivo. This finding suggests that the human class II HDAC enzymes may function in cellular processes distinct from those of HDAC1 and HDAC2. ..
- Kim D, Lassar A. Smad-dependent recruitment of a histone deacetylase/Sin3A complex modulates the bone morphogenetic protein-dependent transcriptional repressor activity of Nkx3.2. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:8704-17 pubmed
- Millard C, Varma N, Saleh A, Morris K, Watson P, Bottrill A, et al. The structure of the core NuRD repression complex provides insights into its interaction with chromatin. elife. 2016;5:e13941 pubmed publisher..We find evidence that in this complex RBBP4 mediates interaction with histone H3 tails, but not histone H4, suggesting a mechanism for recruitment of the NuRD complex to chromatin. ..
- Moody R, Lo M, Meagher J, Lin C, Stevers N, Tinsley S, et al. Probing the interaction between the histone methyltransferase/deacetylase subunit RBBP4/7 and the transcription factor BCL11A in epigenetic complexes. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:2125-2136 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings have uncovered a previously unidentified mechanism that BCL11A may use to recruit epigenetic complexes to regulate transcription and promote tumorigenesis. ..
- Yao Y, Yang W. The metastasis-associated proteins 1 and 2 form distinct protein complexes with histone deacetylase activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:42560-8 pubmed..However, MTA3 does not repress transcription to a significant level and appears to have a diffused pattern of subcellular localization, suggesting a biological role distinct from that of the other two MTA proteins. ..
- Cismasiu V, Adamo K, Gecewicz J, Duque J, Lin Q, Avram D. BCL11B functionally associates with the NuRD complex in T lymphocytes to repress targeted promoter. Oncogene. 2005;24:6753-64 pubmed..Taken together, these data support the hypothesis that the NuRD complex mediates transcriptional repression function of BCL11B. ..
- Jordanova A, Irobi J, Thomas F, Van Dijck P, Meerschaert K, Dewil M, et al. Disrupted function and axonal distribution of mutant tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase in dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy. Nat Genet. 2006;38:197-202 pubmed..YARS is the second aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase found to be involved in CMT, thereby linking protein-synthesizing complexes with neurodegeneration. ..
- Mouysset J, Gilberto S, Meier M, Lampert F, Belwal M, Meraldi P, et al. CRL4(RBBP7) is required for efficient CENP-A deposition at centromeres. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:1732-45 pubmed publisher..Our data thus suggest that the CRL4 complex containing RBBP7 (CRL4(RBBP7)) might regulate mitosis by promoting ubiquitin-dependent loading of newly synthesized CENP-A during the G1 phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Sattler C, Steer B, Adler H. Multiple Lytic Origins of Replication Are Required for Optimal Gammaherpesvirus Fitness In Vitro and In Vivo. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005510 pubmed publisher..Thus, multiple oriLyts are required to ensure optimal fitness in different cell types and tissues. ..
- Feng Q, Zhang Y. The MeCP1 complex represses transcription through preferential binding, remodeling, and deacetylating methylated nucleosomes. Genes Dev. 2001;15:827-32 pubmed..Thus, our study defines the MeCP1 complex, and provides biochemical evidence linking nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylation to methylated gene silencing. ..
- Nishioka K, Chuikov S, Sarma K, Erdjument Bromage H, Allis C, Tempst P, et al. Set9, a novel histone H3 methyltransferase that facilitates transcription by precluding histone tail modifications required for heterochromatin formation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:479-89 pubmed
- Quivy J, Roche D, Kirschner D, Tagami H, Nakatani Y, Almouzni G. A CAF-1 dependent pool of HP1 during heterochromatin duplication. EMBO J. 2004;23:3516-26 pubmed
- Creekmore A, Walt K, Schultz Norton J, Ziegler Y, McLeod I, Yates J, et al. The role of retinoblastoma-associated proteins 46 and 48 in estrogen receptor alpha mediated gene expression. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;291:79-86 pubmed publisher..We previously isolated and identified retinoblastoma-associated proteins 46 (RbAp46) and 48 (RbAp48), which are associated with chromatin remodeling, histone deacetylation, and transcription repression, as proteins ..
- Boltengagen M, Huang A, Boltengagen A, Trixl L, Lindner H, Kremser L, et al. A novel role for the histone acetyltransferase Hat1 in the CENP-A/CID assembly pathway in Drosophila melanogaster. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2145-59 pubmed publisher..Two complexes contain the CENP-A chaperones CAL1, FACT and/or Caf1/Rbap48. Notably, we identified a novel complex consisting of the histone acetyltransferase Hat1, Caf1 and CENP-A/H4...
- Taunton J, Hassig C, Schreiber S. A mammalian histone deacetylase related to the yeast transcriptional regulator Rpd3p. Science. 1996;272:408-11 pubmed..As the predicted protein is very similar to the yeast transcriptional regulator Rpd3p, these results support a role for histone deacetylase as a key regulator of eukaryotic transcription. ..
- Meehan W, Samant R, Hopper J, Carrozza M, Shevde L, Workman J, et al. Breast cancer metastasis suppressor 1 (BRMS1) forms complexes with retinoblastoma-binding protein 1 (RBP1) and the mSin3 histone deacetylase complex and represses transcription. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1562-9 pubmed..These results further show that BRMS1 may participate in transcriptional regulation via interaction with the mSin3.HDAC complex and suggest a novel mechanism by which BRMS1 might suppress cancer metastasis. ..
- Van Dessel N, Beke L, Görnemann J, Minnebo N, Beullens M, Tanuma N, et al. The phosphatase interactor NIPP1 regulates the occupancy of the histone methyltransferase EZH2 at Polycomb targets. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:7500-12 pubmed publisher..We propose that NIPP1 associates with a subset of PcG targets in a PP1-dependent manner and thereby contributes to the recruitment of the PRC2 complex. ..
- Campos E, Fillingham J, Li G, Zheng H, Voigt P, Kuo W, et al. The program for processing newly synthesized histones H3.1 and H4. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1343-51 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate the high degree of conservation for this pathway between higher and lower eukaryotes. ..
- Schmidberger J, Sharifi Tabar M, Torrado M, Silva A, Landsberg M, Brillault L, et al. The MTA1 subunit of the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase complex can recruit two copies of RBBP4/7. Protein Sci. 2016;25:1472-82 pubmed publisher..These data build on our understanding of NuRD complex structure and move us closer towards an understanding of the biochemical basis for the activity of this complex. ..
- Biswas S, Haleyurgirisetty M, Ragupathy V, Wang X, Lee S, Hewlett I, et al. Differentially expressed host long intergenic noncoding RNA and mRNA in HIV-1 and HIV-2 infection. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2546 pubmed publisher..These differentially expressed lincRNAs and mRNAs could serve as prognostic and diagnostic biomarkers of HIV infection and help in the identification of new targets for therapy. ..
- Nakamura T, Mori T, Tada S, Krajewski W, Rozovskaia T, Wassell R, et al. ALL-1 is a histone methyltransferase that assembles a supercomplex of proteins involved in transcriptional regulation. Mol Cell. 2002;10:1119-28 pubmed..In parallel, H3-K4 is methylated, and histones H3 and H4 are acetylated at this promoter. ..
- Pauty J, Couturier A, Rodrigue A, Caron M, Coulombe Y, Dellaire G, et al. Cancer-causing mutations in the tumor suppressor PALB2 reveal a novel cancer mechanism using a hidden nuclear export signal in the WD40 repeat motif. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:2644-2657 pubmed publisher..This concept was also confirmed with another WD40-containing protein, RBBP4. Consequently, our studies reveal an unreported mechanism linking the nucleocytoplasmic translocation of PALB2 mutants to cancer formation. ..
- Marheineke K, Krude T. Nucleosome assembly activity and intracellular localization of human CAF-1 changes during the cell division cycle. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15279-86 pubmed..In mitosis, the p60 subunit of inactive CAF-1 is hyperphosphorylated, whereas active CAF-1 in interphase contains hypophosphorylated and/or phosphorylated forms of p60. ..
- Yarden R, Brody L. BRCA1 interacts with components of the histone deacetylase complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:4983-8 pubmed..Here we report that BRCA1 interacts in vivo and in vitro with the Rb-binding proteins, RbAp46 and RbAp48, as well as with Rb. Moreover, the BRCT domain associates with the histone deacetylases HDAC1 and HDAC2...
- Taplick J, Kurtev V, Kroboth K, Posch M, Lechner T, Seiser C. Homo-oligomerisation and nuclear localisation of mouse histone deacetylase 1. J Mol Biol. 2001;308:27-38 pubmed..Furthermore, the same HDAC1 domain is also necessary for in vitro binding of HDAC2 and HDAC3, association with RbAp48 and for catalytic activity of the enzyme...
- Cao R, Wang L, Wang H, Xia L, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. Role of histone H3 lysine 27 methylation in Polycomb-group silencing. Science. 2002;298:1039-43 pubmed..Methylation on H3-K27 facilitates binding of Polycomb (PC), a component of the PRC1 complex, to histone H3 amino-terminal tail. Thus, these studies establish a link between histone methylation and PcG-mediated gene silencing. ..
- Yoon H, Chan D, Huang Z, Li J, Fondell J, Qin J, et al. Purification and functional characterization of the human N-CoR complex: the roles of HDAC3, TBL1 and TBLR1. EMBO J. 2003;22:1336-46 pubmed..Together, our data reveal the roles of HDAC3 and TBL/TBLR1 and provide evidence for the functional importance of histone interaction in repression mediated by SMRT-N-CoR complexes. ..
- Lechner M, Schultz D, Negorev D, Maul G, Rauscher F. The mammalian heterochromatin protein 1 binds diverse nuclear proteins through a common motif that targets the chromoshadow domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:929-37 pubmed..Thus, this spectrum of direct binding partners suggests an expanded role for HP1 as factor participating in promoter-enhancer communication, chromatin remodeling/assembly, and sub-nuclear compartmentalization. ..
- Gong Z, Brackertz M, Renkawitz R. SUMO modification enhances p66-mediated transcriptional repression of the Mi-2/NuRD complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4519-28 pubmed..The Mi-2/NuRD components MBD3, RbAp46, RbAp48, and HDAC1 were found to bind to both p66alpha and p66beta in vivo...
- Sun J, Chen H, Davie J. Differential distribution of unmodified and phosphorylated histone deacetylase 2 in chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:33227-36 pubmed..We provide evidence that unmodified HDAC2 is associated with the coding region of transcribed genes, whereas phosphorylated HDAC2 is primarily recruited to promoters. ..
- Pavlopoulos E, Jones S, Kosmidis S, Close M, Kim C, Kovalerchik O, et al. Molecular mechanism for age-related memory loss: the histone-binding protein RbAp48. Sci Transl Med. 2013;5:200ra115 pubmed publisher..The most significant change was an age-related decline in RbAp48, a histone-binding protein that modifies histone acetylation...
- Mahajan M, Narlikar G, Boyapaty G, Kingston R, Weissman S. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein C1/C2, MeCP1, and SWI/SNF form a chromatin remodeling complex at the beta-globin locus control region. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:15012-7 pubmed..Independently of the initiation of transcription, LARC becomes associated with beta-like globin promoters. ..
- Kong L, Yu X, Bai X, Zhang W, Zhang Y, Zhao W, et al. RbAp48 is a critical mediator controlling the transforming activity of human papillomavirus type 16 in cervical cancer. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26381-91 pubmed..Among them, retinoblastoma-binding protein 4 (RbAp48) was selected, and its differentiation expression was verified with both additional cervical cancer-derived cell ..
- Li G, Margueron R, Ku M, Chambon P, Bernstein B, Reinberg D. Jarid2 and PRC2, partners in regulating gene expression. Genes Dev. 2010;24:368-80 pubmed publisher..In addition to the well-documented defects in embryonic viability upon down-regulation of Jarid2, ES cell differentiation is impaired, as is Oct4 silencing. ..
- Wade P, Gegonne A, Jones P, Ballestar E, Aubry F, Wolffe A. Mi-2 complex couples DNA methylation to chromatin remodelling and histone deacetylation. Nat Genet. 1999;23:62-6 pubmed..Our data substantiate the mechanistic link between DNA methylation, histone deacetylation and transcriptional silencing. ..
- Li X, Wang S, Li Y, Deng C, Steiner L, Xiao H, et al. Chromatin boundaries require functional collaboration between the hSET1 and NURF complexes. Blood. 2011;118:1386-94 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data reveal a synergistic role of hSET1 and NURF in regulating the USF-bound barrier insulator to prevent erythroid genes from encroachment of heterochromatin. ..
- O Connor M, Wederell E, Robertson G, Delaney A, Morozova O, Poon S, et al. Retinoblastoma-binding proteins 4 and 9 are important for human pluripotent stem cell maintenance. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:866-79.e1 pubmed publisher..These data provide valuable new leads for further elucidating mechanisms of human pluripotency. ..
- Xuan C, Wang Q, Han X, Duan Y, Li L, Shi L, et al. RBB, a novel transcription repressor, represses the transcription of HDM2 oncogene. Oncogene. 2013;32:3711-21 pubmed publisher..Significantly, we showed that RBB suppresses cell proliferation and sensitizes cells to DNA damage-induced apoptosis. Our data indicate that RBB is a novel transcriptional repressor and an important regulator of p53 pathway. ..
- Hakimi M, Bochar D, Schmiesing J, Dong Y, Barak O, Speicher D, et al. A chromatin remodelling complex that loads cohesin onto human chromosomes. Nature. 2002;418:994-8 pubmed..Finally, we present evidence pointing to a role for the ATPase activity of SNF2h in the loading of hRAD21 on chromatin. ..
- Litovchick L, Sadasivam S, Florens L, Zhu X, Swanson S, Velmurugan S, et al. Evolutionarily conserved multisubunit RBL2/p130 and E2F4 protein complex represses human cell cycle-dependent genes in quiescence. Mol Cell. 2007;26:539-51 pubmed..This work reveals an evolutionarily conserved multisubunit protein complex that contains p130 and E2F4, but not pRB, and mediates the repression of cell cycle-dependent genes in quiescence. ..
- Brasen C, Dorosz J, Wiuf A, Boesen T, Mirza O, Gajhede M. Expression, purification and characterization of the human MTA2-RBBP7 complex. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:531-538 pubmed publisher..Refined 3D volumes of the complex generated from negative stain electron microscopy (EM) data reveals an elongated architecture that is capable of hinge like motion around the center of the particle. ..
- Qian Y, Lee E. Dual retinoblastoma-binding proteins with properties related to a negative regulator of ras in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:25507-13 pubmed..We have identified nine polypeptides that bind to the T-binding domains of Rb using an Rb affinity resin. RbAp48 and RbAp46 are quantitatively the major Rb-associated proteins purified by this approach...
- Wolffe A, Urnov F, Guschin D. Co-repressor complexes and remodelling chromatin for repression. Biochem Soc Trans. 2000;28:379-86 pubmed..are manipulated by the co-repressor complex containing the Mi-2 nucleosomal ATPase, the histone-binding protein RbAp48 and histone deacetylase and by the co-repressor complex containing SIN3, RbAp48 and histone deacetylase...
- Kim J, Sif S, Jones B, Jackson A, Koipally J, Heller E, et al. Ikaros DNA-binding proteins direct formation of chromatin remodeling complexes in lymphocytes. Immunity. 1999;10:345-55 pubmed..We propose that the restructuring of chromatin is a key aspect of Ikaros function in lymphocyte differentiation. ..
- Zhang Q, Vo N, Goodman R. Histone binding protein RbAp48 interacts with a complex of CREB binding protein and phosphorylated CREB. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4970-8 pubmed..One of the strongest interactions identified the histone binding protein RbAp48. RbAp48 also interacted weakly with CBP alone but did not interact with phosphorylated or nonphosphorylated CREB...
- Pasini D, Bracken A, Jensen M, Lazzerini Denchi E, Helin K. Suz12 is essential for mouse development and for EZH2 histone methyltransferase activity. EMBO J. 2004;23:4061-71 pubmed..In conclusion, our data demonstrate an essential role of SUZ12 in regulating the activity of the PRC2/3 complexes, which are required for regulating proliferation and embryogenesis. ..
- Pacifico F, Paolillo M, Chiappetta G, Crescenzi E, Arena S, Scaloni A, et al. RbAp48 is a target of nuclear factor-kappaB activity in thyroid cancer. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:1458-66 pubmed..Differential proteomic analysis revealed that the retinoblastoma-associated protein 48 (RbAp48) is down-regulated in the absence of functional NF-kappaB...