Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RASA3
Description: RAS p21 protein activator 3
Alias: GAP1IP4BP, GAPIII, ras GTPase-activating protein 3, GTPase activating protein III, GTPase-activating protein 1 family, inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate-binding protein, Ins(1,3,4,5)P4-binding protein, ins P4-binding protein
- Stefanini L, Bergmeier W. RAP1-GTPase signaling and platelet function. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:13-9 pubmed publisher..Our recent studies demonstrate that the antagonistic balance between the RAP1 regulators, CalDAG-GEFI and RASA3, is critical for the modulation of platelet adhesiveness, both in circulation and at sites of vascular injury...
- Minor P, Lane B, Mimms S, Bar P. Scientific consultation on the safety and containment of new poliovirus strains for vaccine production, clinical/regulatory testing and research. Report of a meeting held at NIBSC, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, UK, 6/7th July 2016. Biologicals. 2017;48:92-100 pubmed publisher..Work on polioviruses must be contained in accordance with GAPIII (the third version of the Global Action Plan of WHO)...
- Nafisi H, Banihashemi B, Daigle M, Albert P. GAP1(IP4BP)/RASA3 mediates Galphai-induced inhibition of mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35908-17 pubmed publisher..library was done using constitutively active Galphai3-Q204L, and multiple clones of the RasGAP cDNA GAP1(IP4BP)/RASA3 were identified...
- Schurmans S, Polizzi S, Scoumanne A, Sayyed S, Molina Ortiz P. The Ras/Rap GTPase activating protein RASA3: from gene structure to in vivo functions. Adv Biol Regul. 2015;57:153-61 pubmed publisherRASA3 (or GTPase Activating Protein III, R-Ras GTPase-activating protein, GAP1(IP4BP)) is a GTPase activating protein of the GAP1 subfamily which targets Ras and Rap1...
- Peters L, Paw B, Blanc L. The scat mouse model highlights RASA3, a GTPase activating protein, as a key regulator of vertebrate erythropoiesis and megakaryopoiesis. Small Gtpases. 2013;4:47-50 pubmed publisher..in the scat (severe combined anemia and thrombocytopenia) mouse model a missense mutation (G125V) in the Rasa3 gene, encoding a Ras GTPase activating protein (GAP)...
- Cullen P, Hsuan J, Truong O, Letcher A, Jackson T, Dawson A, et al. Identification of a specific Ins(1,3,4,5)P4-binding protein as a member of the GAP1 family. Nature. 1995;376:527-30 pubmed..In vitro it shows GAP activity against both Rap and Ras, but only the Ras GAP activity is inhibited by phospholipids and is specifically stimulated by Ins(1,3,4,5)P4. ..
- O Rourke F, Matthews E, Feinstein M. Isolation of InsP4 and InsP6 binding proteins from human platelets: InsP4 promotes Ca2+ efflux from inside-out plasma membrane vesicles containing 104 kDa GAP1IP4BP protein. Biochem J. 1996;315 ( Pt 3):1027-34 pubmed..A 104 kDa InsP4 binding protein (KD for InsP4 = 12 nM), probably identical to GAP1IP4BP described by Cullen, Hsuan, Truong, Letcher, Jackson, Dawson and Irvine [(1995) Nature (London) 376, 527-530], ..
- Lockyer P, Bottomley J, Reynolds J, McNulty T, Venkateswarlu K, Potter B, et al. Distinct subcellular localisations of the putative inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate receptors GAP1IP4BP and GAP1m result from the GAP1IP4BP PH domain directing plasma membrane targeting. Curr Biol. 1997;7:1007-10 pubmed..This difference in localisation has fundamental significance for our understanding of the second messenger functions of IP4. ..
- Cozier G, Lockyer P, Reynolds J, Kupzig S, Bottomley J, Millard T, et al. GAP1IP4BP contains a novel group I pleckstrin homology domain that directs constitutive plasma membrane association. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:28261-8 pubmed
- Battram A, Durrant T, Agbani E, Heesom K, Paul D, Piatt R, et al. The Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PI(3,4,5)P3) Binder Rasa3 Regulates Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)-dependent Integrin αIIbβ3 Outside-in Signaling. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:1691-1704 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify Ras/Rap1GAP Rasa3 (GAP1IP4BP) as a major phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate-binding protein in human platelets and ..
- Cullen P, Loomis Husselbee J, Dawson A, Irvine R. Inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate and Ca2+ homoeostasis: the role of GAP1IP4BP. Biochem Soc Trans. 1997;25:991-6 pubmed
- Qamra A, Xing M, Padmanabhan N, Kwok J, Zhang S, Xu C, et al. Epigenomic Promoter Alterations Amplify Gene Isoform and Immunogenic Diversity in Gastric Adenocarcinoma. Cancer Discov. 2017;7:630-651 pubmed publisher..mapping frequently to alternative promoters within the same gene, generating potential pro-oncogenic isoforms (RASA3)...
- Hata Y, Kikuchi A, Sasaki T, Schaber M, Gibbs J, Takai Y. Inhibition of the ras p21 GTPase-activating protein-stimulated GTPase activity of c-Ha-ras p21 by smg p21 having the same putative effector domain as ras p21s. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:7104-7 pubmed..c-Ha-ras p21 did not inhibit the smg p21 GAP1- or -2-stimulated GTPase activity of smg p21. These results indicate that ras p21 GAP interacts with smg p21 without the subsequent stimulation of its GTPase activity. ..
- Walker S, Kupzig S, Lockyer P, Bilu S, Zharhary D, Cullen P. Analyzing the role of the putative inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate receptor GAP1IP4BP in intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48779-85 pubmed..Thus, using various approaches to manipulate the function of endogenous GAP1(IP4BP) in intact HeLa cells, we have been unable to observe any detectable effect of GAP1(IP4BP) on [Ca(2+)](i). ..
- Lockyer P, Vanlingen S, Reynolds J, McNulty T, Irvine R, Parys J, et al. Tissue-specific expression and endogenous subcellular distribution of the inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate-binding proteins GAP1(IP4BP) and GAP1(m). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:421-6 pubmed..As GAP1(m) is primarily localised to the cytosol of unstimulated cells it may be spatially regulated in order to interact with Ras at the plasma membrane. ..
- Koehler J, Moran M. RACK1, a protein kinase C scaffolding protein, interacts with the PH domain of p120GAP. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;283:888-95 pubmed..Finally, serine/threonine phosphorylation appears to be involved in regulating this association. These results suggest that p120GAP and RACK1 interact in vivo in a manner dependent upon both the PH and C2/CaLB domains of GAP. ..
- Briggs S, Bryant S, Jove R, Sanderson S, Smithgall T. The Ras GTPase-activating protein (GAP) is an SH3 domain-binding protein and substrate for the Src-related tyrosine kinase, Hck. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:14718-24 pubmed..These data implicate the Hck SH3 domain in GAP interaction, and suggest a general function for the SH3 domains of Src family kinases in recognition of GAP via its proline-rich N-terminal domain. ..
- Hjermstad S, Briggs S, Smithgall T. Phosphorylation of the ras GTPase-activating protein (GAP) by the p93c-fes protein-tyrosine kinase in vitro and formation of GAP-fes complexes via an SH2 domain-dependent mechanism. Biochemistry. 1993;32:10519-25 pubmed..Stimulation of c-fes autophosphorylation in vivo may induce interaction with GAP, resulting in altered p21ras function. ..
- Cuellar J, Valpuesta J, Wittinghofer A, Sot B. Domain topology of human Rasal. Biol Chem. 2017;: pubmed publisher..multi-domain protein of the GAP1 (GTPase-activating protein 1) family; its four known members, GAP1m, Rasal, GAP1IP4BP and Capri, have a Ras GTPase-activating domain (RasGAP)...