Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RAP55
Description: LSM14A, mRNA processing body assembly factor
Alias: C19orf13, FAM61A, RAP55, RAP55A, protein LSM14 homolog A, LSM14 homolog A, LSM14A, SCD6 homolog A, RNA-associated protein 55, RNA-associated protein 55A, alphaSNBP, family with sequence similarity 61, member A, hRAP55, hRAP55A, protein SCD6 homolog
- Kamenska A, Simpson C, Vindry C, Broomhead H, Bénard M, Ernoult Lange M, et al. The DDX6-4E-T interaction mediates translational repression and P-body assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:6318-34 pubmed publisher..Altogether these findings considerably extend our understanding of the role of 4E-T in gene regulation, important in development and neurogenesis. ..
- Liu T, Yang Q, Li M, Zhong B, Ran Y, Liu L, et al. LSm14A Plays a Critical Role in Antiviral Immune Responses by Regulating MITA Level in a Cell-Specific Manner. J Immunol. 2016;196:5101-11 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a nuclear mRNA precursor processing and cell-specific regulatory mechanism of antiviral immune responses. ..
- Ladomery M, Sommerville J. The Scd6/Lsm14 protein xRAPB has properties different from RAP55 in selecting mRNA for early translation or intracellular distribution in Xenopus oocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:1363-73 pubmed publisher..Scd6/Lsm14 proteins, typified by RAP55, function in a wide range of eukaryotes in repressing translation and relocating mRNPs to processing bodies and ..
- Marnef A, Sommerville J, Ladomery M. RAP55: insights into an evolutionarily conserved protein family. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:977-81 pubmed publisherThe RAP55 protein family is evolutionarily conserved in eukaryotes. Two highly conserved paralogues, RAP55A and RAP55B, exist in vertebrates; their functional properties and expression patterns remain to be compared...
- Li Y, Chen R, Zhou Q, Xu Z, Li C, Wang S, et al. LSm14A is a processing body-associated sensor of viral nucleic acids that initiates cellular antiviral response in the early phase of viral infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:11770-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that LSm14A is a sensor for both viral RNA and DNA and plays an important role in initiating IFN-? induction in the early phase of viral infection. ..
- Wang F, Yu S, Zuo L, Cao C, Hu Y, Chen Z, et al. Excessive Iron and ?-Synuclein Oligomer in Brain are Relevant to Pure Apathy in Parkinson Disease. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol. 2016;29:187-94 pubmed publisher..Pure apathy reduced quality of life for patients without worsening motor function. Excessive iron and ?-synuclein oligomer in brain commonly contributed to pure apathy of PD through potential mechanism of oxidative stress. ..
- Matsumoto K, Nakayama H, Yoshimura M, Masuda A, Dohmae N, Matsumoto S, et al. PRMT1 is required for RAP55 to localize to processing bodies. RNA Biol. 2012;9:610-23 pubmed publisher..b>RAP55A, which is an RNA binding component of mRNPs, acts as a translational repressor and localizes to P-bodies and SGs...
- Mok B, Song W, Wang P, Tai H, Chen Y, Zheng M, et al. The NS1 protein of influenza A virus interacts with cellular processing bodies and stress granules through RNA-associated protein 55 (RAP55) during virus infection. J Virol. 2012;86:12695-707 pubmed publisher..Proteomic screening for cellular proteins which interact with NS1 identified the cellular protein RAP55, which is one of the components of cellular processing bodies (P-bodies) and stress granules...
- Mili D, Georgesse D, Kenani A. Localization and role of RAP55/LSM14 in HeLa cells: a new finding on the mitotic spindle assembly. Acta Biochim Pol. 2015;62:613-9 pubmed publisher..This article focuses on the relevant aspects of RAP55/LSM14 position with emphasis on its role in mitotic spindle formation and stability...
- Blower M, Nachury M, Heald R, Weis K. A Rae1-containing ribonucleoprotein complex is required for mitotic spindle assembly. Cell. 2005;121:223-34 pubmed..Furthermore, we provide evidence that RNA associates with the mitotic spindle and that it plays a direct, translation-independent role in spindle assembly. Our studies reveal an unexpected function for RNA in spindle morphogenesis. ..
- Yoshino H, Hirano M, Stoessl A, Imamichi Y, Ikeda A, Li Y, et al. Homozygous alpha-synuclein p.A53V in familial Parkinson's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;57:248.e7-248.e12 pubmed publisher..Hence, alpha-synuclein p.A53V homozygous mutation leads to a distinct phenotype of progressive parkinsonism and cognitive decline, commonly observed in patients with SNCA missense mutation or multiplications. ..
- Albrecht M, Lengauer T. Novel Sm-like proteins with long C-terminal tails and associated methyltransferases. FEBS Lett. 2004;569:18-26 pubmed..Further computational analyses revealed that some methyltransferases contain putative RNA-binding helix-turn-helix domains and zinc fingers. ..
- Tanaka K, Ogawa K, Takagi M, Imamoto N, Matsumoto K, Tsujimoto M. RAP55, a cytoplasmic mRNP component, represses translation in Xenopus oocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:40096-106 pubmed..Here we identified Xenopus RAP55 (xRAP55) as a component of RNPs that associate with FRGY2, the principal component of maternal mRNPs...