Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RACK1
Description: guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), beta polypeptide 2-like 1
Alias: Gnb2-rs1, H12.3, HLC-7, PIG21, RACK1, cell proliferation-inducing gene 21 protein, guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunit beta-2-like 1, guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunit beta-like protein 12.3, human lung cancer oncogene 7 protein, lung cancer oncogene 7, proliferation-inducing gene 21, protein homologous to chicken B complex protein, guanine nucleotide binding, receptor for activated C kinase 1, receptor of activated protein kinase C 1
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Phospholipase C-gamma 1 binding to intracellular receptors for activated protein kinase CM H Disatnik
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Stanford University, CA 94305 5332
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:559-63. 1994....
- c-Jun and RACK1 homologues regulate a control point for sexual development in Aspergillus nidulansB Hoffmann
Institute of Microbiology and Genetics, Georg August University, Grisebachstrasse 8, D 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Mol Microbiol 37:28-41. 2000..In the presence of amino acids, the gene product of the mammalian RACK1 homologue cpcB is required to repress the network...
- Dissection of the relationship between RACK1 and heterotrimeric G-proteins in ArabidopsisJianjun Guo
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, BC, Canada
Plant Cell Physiol 50:1681-94. 2009Mammalian receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) is a versatile scaffold protein, playing regulatory roles in multiple signal transduction pathways...
- Release of eIF6 (p27BBP) from the 60S subunit allows 80S ribosome assemblyMarcello Ceci
Molecular Histology Unit, DiBiT HSR, 20132 Milano, Italy
Nature 426:579-84. 2003..In the cytoplasm, eIF6 is bound to free 60S but not to 80S. Furthermore, eIF6 interacts in the cytoplasm with RACK1, a receptor for activated protein kinase C (PKC)...
- The interaction of Src and RACK1 is enhanced by activation of protein kinase C and tyrosine phosphorylation of RACK1B Y Chang
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 276:20346-56. 2001b>RACK1 is an intracellular receptor for the serine/ threonine protein kinase C. Previously, we demonstrated that RACK1 also interacts with the Src protein-tyrosine kinase...
- RACK1 regulates G1/S progression by suppressing Src kinase activityVidya Mamidipudi
Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5187, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:6788-98. 2004..Cancer cells subvert controls at work at this restriction point and remain in cycle. Previously, we showed that RACK1 inhibits the oncogenic Src tyrosine kinase and NIH 3T3 cell growth...
- A receptor for activated C kinase is part of messenger ribonucleoprotein complexes associated with polyA-mRNAs in neuronsFrank Angenstein
Beckman Institute Neuronal Pattern Analysis, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Neurosci 22:8827-37. 2002..Here we report that a receptor for activated C kinase, RACK1, is a component of messenger ribonucleoprotein (mRNP) complexes...
- Calcineurin promotes hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha expression by dephosphorylating RACK1 and blocking RACK1 dimerizationYe V Liu
Vascular Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Mass Spectronomy Proteomics Facility, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 282:37064-73. 2007..O2-independent degradation of HIF-1alpha is regulated by the competition of RACK1 and HSP90 for binding to HIF-1alpha...
- Insulin-like growth factor I controls a mutually exclusive association of RACK1 with protein phosphatase 2A and beta1 integrin to promote cell migrationPatrick A Kiely
Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, National University of Ireland, Cork, Ireland
Mol Cell Biol 26:4041-51. 2006The WD repeat scaffolding protein RACK1 can mediate integration of the insulin-like growth factor I receptor (IGF-IR) and integrin signaling in transformed cells...
- Association of RACK1 and PKCbeta with the common beta-chain of the IL-5/IL-3/GM-CSF receptorN Geijsen
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, University Hospital Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Oncogene 18:5126-30. 1999..We found that RACK1, a molecule associating with activated PKC, PLCgamma and Src kinases, associated with the membrane proximal region ..
- Rack1, a receptor for activated protein kinase C, interacts with integrin beta subunitJ Liliental
Department of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 273:2379-83. 1998..We report an interaction between integrin beta subunit cytoplasmic domain and Rack1, a Trp-Asp (WD) repeat protein that has been shown to bind activated protein kinase C...
- Phosphorylation of RACK1 on tyrosine 52 by c-Abl is required for insulin-like growth factor I-mediated regulation of focal adhesion kinasePatrick A Kiely
From the Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
J Biol Chem 284:20263-74. 2009..The scaffolding protein RACK1 (receptor for activated C kinases) integrates insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and integrin signaling, but ..
- Tyrosine 302 in RACK1 is essential for insulin-like growth factor-I-mediated competitive binding of PP2A and beta1 integrin and for tumor cell proliferation and migrationPatrick A Kiely
Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, University College Cork, Ireland
J Biol Chem 283:22952-61. 2008..regulates a mutually exclusive interaction of PP2A and beta1 integrin with the WD repeat scaffolding protein RACK1. This interaction is required for the integration of IGF-I receptor (IGF-IR) and adhesion signaling...
- NMDA receptor function is regulated by the inhibitory scaffolding protein, RACK1Rami Yaka
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94110 3518, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:5710-5. 2002..modulation of the phosphorylation state and function of the NMDA receptor via an inhibitory scaffolding protein, RACK1. We found that RACK1 binds both the NR2B subunit of the NMDA receptor and the nonreceptor protein tyrosine kinase, ..
- Ki-1/57 interacts with RACK1 and is a substrate for the phosphorylation by phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate-activated protein kinase CFlavia C Nery
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural, Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron, Rua Giuseppe Máximo Scolfaro 10 000, C P 6192, 13084 971 Campinas, SP, Brasil
J Biol Chem 279:11444-55. 2004..We used the yeast two-hybrid system to find proteins interacting with Ki-1/57 and identified the adaptor protein RACK1 (receptor of activated kinase 1)...
- The betagamma subunit of heterotrimeric G proteins interacts with RACK1 and two other WD repeat proteinsEdward J Dell
Institute for Neuroscience and Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60613, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49888-95. 2002..Two of these proteins, the receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) and the dynein intermediate chain, co-immunoprecipitate with Gbetagamma using an anti-Gbeta ..
- Scanning peptide array analyses identify overlapping binding sites for the signalling scaffold proteins, beta-arrestin and RACK1, in cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE4D5Graeme B Bolger
Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Biochem J 398:23-36. 2006..Two-hybrid and co-immunoprecipitation analyses showed that RACK1 and beta-arrestin interact with PDE4D5 in a mutually exclusive manner...
- Evidence for the interaction of the regulatory protein Ki-1/57 with p53 and its interacting proteinsFlavia C Nery
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural, Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron, Rua Giuseppe Máximo Scolfaro 10 000, C P 6192, 13084 971 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:847-55. 2006Ki-1/57 is a cytoplasmic and nuclear phospho-protein of 57 kDa and interacts with the adaptor protein RACK1, the transcription factor MEF2C, and the chromatin remodeling factor CHD3, suggesting that it might be involved in the regulation ..
- The receptor for activated C-kinase-I (RACK-I) anchors activated PKC-beta on melanosomesHee Young Park
Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, 609 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Cell Sci 117:3659-68. 2004..Taken together, these results demonstrate that RACK-I anchors activated PKC-beta on the melanosome membrane, allowing PKC-beta to phosphorylate tyrosinase...
- Identification and characterization of AGTRAP, a human homolog of murine Angiotensin II Receptor-Associated Protein (Agtrap)Wei Wang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34:93-102. 2002..of a human fetal brain cDNA library, we have identified a new interaction partner of the human AGTRAP protein, RACK1 (Receptor of Activated Protein C Kinase)...
- RACK1 mediates activation of JNK by protein kinase C [corrected]Pablo Lopez-Bergami
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mol Cell 19:309-20. 2005..Here, we demonstrate that the receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) serves as an adaptor for PKC-mediated JNK activation...
- Enhanced PKC beta II translocation and PKC beta II-RACK1 interactions in PKC epsilon-induced heart failure: a role for RACK1J M Pass
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 281:H2500-10. 2001..for activated C kinase (RACKs) have been shown to direct PKC signal transduction, the mechanism through which RACK1, a selective PKC beta II RACK, participates in PKC beta II-mediated cardiac hypertrophy and failure remains ..
- Delineation of RAID1, the RACK1 interaction domain located within the unique N-terminal region of the cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase, PDE4D5Graeme B Bolger
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
BMC Biochem 3:24. 2002The cyclic AMP specific phosphodiesterase, PDE4D5 interacts with the beta-propeller protein RACK1 to form a signaling scaffold complex in cells...
- The anchoring protein RACK1 links protein kinase Cepsilon to integrin beta chains. Requirements for adhesion and motilityArnaud Besson
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:22073-84. 2002..We provide novel evidence that the scaffolding protein RACK1 mediates the interaction between integrin beta chain and activated PKCepsilon...
- RACK1, a receptor for activated C kinase and a homolog of the beta subunit of G proteins, inhibits activity of src tyrosine kinases and growth of NIH 3T3 cellsB Y Chang
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3245-56. 1998..We identified RACK1, a receptor for activated C kinase and a homolog of the beta subunit of G proteins, as a Src-binding protein...
- RACK1 regulates the cell surface expression of the G protein-coupled receptor for thromboxane A(2)Audrey Parent
Service de Rhumatologie, Departement de Medecine, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Fleurimont, Quebec, J1H 5N4, Canada
Traffic 9:394-407. 2008..This screen identified receptor for activated C-kinase 1 (RACK1) as a new TPbeta-interacting protein...
- 1H NMR structural and functional characterisation of a cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase-4D5 (PDE4D5) N-terminal region peptide that disrupts PDE4D5 interaction with the signalling scaffold proteins, beta-arrestin and RACK1K John Smith
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, PO Box 363, B15 2TT, UK
Cell Signal 19:2612-24. 2007..contains overlapping binding sites conferring interaction with the signaling scaffold proteins, betaarrestin and RACK1. A 38-mer peptide, whose sequence reflected residues 12 through 49 of PDE4D5, encompasses the entire N-terminal ..
- The RACK1 signaling scaffold protein selectively interacts with the cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE4D5 isoformS J Yarwood
Molecular Pharmacology Group, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biology and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Davidson Building, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:14909-17. 1999The WD-repeat protein receptor for activated C-kinase (RACK1) was identified by its interaction with the cyclic AMP-specific phosphodiesterase (PDE4) isoform PDE4D5 in a yeast two-hybrid screen...
- Interaction with factor associated with neutral sphingomyelinase activation, a WD motif-containing protein, identifies receptor for activated C-kinase 1 as a novel component of the signaling pathways of the p55 TNF receptorAnna Ewgenjewna Tcherkasowa
Institut für Immunologie and I Medizinische Klinik, Christian Albrechts Universitat Kiel, Germany
J Immunol 169:5161-70. 2002..Mapping studies in yeast revealed that RACK1 is recruited to the C-terminal WD-repeat region of FAN and binds to FAN through a domain located within WD repeats ..
- Aberrant expression of signaling-related proteins 14-3-3 gamma and RACK1 in fetal Down syndrome brain (trisomy 21)Andreas Peyrl
University of Vienna, Department of Pediatrics, Austria
Electrophoresis 23:152-7. 2002..Four 14-3-3 protein isoforms, mitogen-activated protein kinase 1, receptor for activited kinase 1 (RACK1), constitutive photomorphogenesis (COP9) complex subunit 4 and cAMP-dependent protein kinase type II have been ..
- Cloning of an intracellular receptor for protein kinase C: a homolog of the beta subunit of G proteinsD Ron
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5332
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:839-43. 1994..In the following study, we describe the cloning of a cDNA encoding a 36-kDa protein (RACK1) that fulfills the criteria for RACKs...
- Identification of a surface on the beta-propeller protein RACK1 that interacts with the cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase PDE4D5M R Steele
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine Division of Oncology and Oncological Science, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 500 Foothill Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
Cell Signal 13:507-13. 2001..followed by yeast two-hybrid assay was used to determine the sites on the WD-repeat protein Receptor for Activated C Kinase 1 (RACK1) necessary for it to interact with the cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase isoform PDE4D5...
- Coordinated movement of RACK1 with activated betaIIPKCD Ron
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110 3518, USA
J Biol Chem 274:27039-46. 1999..b>RACK1, the receptor for activated betaIIPKC, determines the localization and functional activity of betaIIPKC...
- Structure and coding content of CST (BART) family RNAs of Epstein-Barr virusP R Smith
Virology and Cell Biology, Imperial College School of Medicine, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
J Virol 74:3082-92. 2000..The protein product of another CST ORF, A73, is shown to be a cytoplasmic protein which can interact with the cell RACK1 protein...
- Phorbol-myristate-acetate, but not interleukin-1 beta or insulin-like growth factor-I, regulates protein kinase C isoenzymes in human dermal papilla cellsW Eicheler
Department of Dermatology, Philipp University, Marburg, Germany
Acta Derm Venereol 77:361-4. 1997..By Western blot analysis, protein kinase C alpha, -epsilon, -gamma, -iota, -lambda, and the RACK1 receptor protein were detected in dermal papilla cell cultures, whereas the isoenzymes delta and mu were expressed ..
- Participation of phospholipase D and alpha/beta-protein kinase C in growth factor-induced signalling in C3H10T1/2 fibroblastsVidar A T Thorsen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, 5009 Bergen, Norway
Biochim Biophys Acta 1632:62-71. 2003..expressing the HAbetaC2-1 peptide (Cl8 HAbetaC2-1 cells), with a sequence (betaC2-1) shown to bind receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) and inhibit c-PKC-mediated cell functions [Science 268 (1995) 247]...
- Testes and brain gene expression in precocious male and adult maturing Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar)Aoife Guiry
National University of Ireland, Galway, University Road, Galway, Ireland
BMC Genomics 11:211. 2010..The microarray has been populated with genes selected specifically for involvement in sexual maturation (precocious and adult) and in the parr-smolt transformation...
- An enhanced association of RACK1 with Abl in cells transfected with oncogenic rasChin Ching Huang
Institute of Zoology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:423-31. 2008The cellular RACK1 was shown in association with Abl in BALB/3T3 cells transfected with S-ras(Q(61)K) by immunoprecipitation...
- Diacylglycerol kinase delta associates with receptor for activated C kinase 1, RACK1Shin ichi Imai
Department of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1, West 17, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, 060 8556, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1791:246-53. 2009..We identified aa 184-317 (WD40 repeats 5-7) of receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1), which interacts with various important signaling molecules, as a novel binding partner of ..
- P19 H-ras induces G1/S phase delay maintaining cells in a reversible quiescence stateMaria Camats
Unidad de Splicing, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Barcelona Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e8513. 2009..showed that p19 did not interact with two known p21 effectors, Raf1 and Rin1, but was shown to interact with RACK1, a scaffolding protein that promotes multi-protein complexes in different signaling pathways (Cancer Res 2003, 63 ..
- RACK1 regulates Ki-Ras-mediated signaling and morphological transformation of NIH 3T3 cellsBodil Bjørndal
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Int J Cancer 120:961-9. 2007..Ras-mediated morphological transformation encoded by a truncated version of the receptor for activated C-kinase (RACK1)...
- Toxoplasma gondii: proteomic analysis of antigenicity of soluble tachyzoite antigenGuang Yuan Ma
Department of Parasitology, Shanxi Medical University, No 56 Xinjian Nan Road, Taiyuan, Shanxi 030001, PR China
Exp Parasitol 122:41-6. 2009..putative glutamate dehydrogenase (GDH), a coronin, a heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70), a protein kinase C receptor 1 (RACK1), a malate dehydrogenase (MDH), a major surface antigen 1 (SAG1), an uridine phosphorylase (UPase) and a ..
- The Opitz syndrome gene product MID1 assembles a microtubule-associated ribonucleoprotein complexBeatriz Aranda-Orgilles
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestr 73, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Hum Genet 123:163-76. 2008..factor 1alpha (EF-1alpha) and several other proteins involved in mRNA transport and translation, including RACK1, Annexin A2, Nucleophosmin and proteins of the small ribosomal subunits...
- Alternate AChE-R variants facilitate cellular metabolic activity and resistance to genotoxic stress through enolase and RACK1 interactionsInbal Mor
The Silberman Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Chem Biol Interact 175:11-21. 2008..to both N-AChE-R and AChE-R interacts either with the glycolytic enzyme enolase or with the scaffold protein RACK1. In vitro, the AChE-R C-terminal peptide ARP elevated enolase's activity by 12%, suggesting physiological ..
- Translocation of protein kinase C-betaII in astrocytes requires organized actin cytoskeleton and is not accompanied by synchronous RACK1 relocationAlessia Pascale
Laboratory of Adaptive Systems, National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Glia 46:169-82. 2004..the modality of PKC-betaII translocation as far as the participation of the receptor for activated C kinase-1 (RACK1) and the requirement for intact cytoskeleton in the process...
- Trap RACK1 with Ras to mobilize Src signaling at syndecan-2/p120-GAP upon transformation with oncogenic rasJin wen Huang
Institute of Zoology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:1087-94. 2005HiTrap-syndecan-2/p120-GAP and HiTrap-syndecan-2/RACK1 affinity columns were applied to reveal that Src tyrosine kinase was highly expressed in BALB/3T3 cells transfected with plasmids pcDNA3.1-[S-ras(Q(61)K)] of shrimp Penaeus japonicus...
- P120-GAP associated with syndecan-2 to function as an active switch signal for Src upon transformation with oncogenic rasJin wen Huang
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Science, Institute of Zoology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, 11529 Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 329:855-62. 2005..and p120-GAP, we further purified p120-GAP protein from mouse brains by using an affinity column of HiTrap-RACK1 and expressed mouse RACK1-encoded fusion protein and mouse syndecan-2-encoded fusion protein in bacteria...
- Dimerize RACK1 upon transformation with oncogenic rasLing Yun Chu
Institute of Zoology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:474-82. 2005..And, RACK1 protein was reactive with syndecan-2 to keep Src inactivated, but not when Ras was overexpressed...
- Meta-analysis of expression signatures of muscle atrophy: gene interaction networks in early and late stagesEnrica Calura
Department of Biology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
BMC Genomics 9:630. 2008..In this study we applied meta-analysis on gene expression signatures pertaining to different types of muscle atrophy for the identification of novel key regulatory signals implicated in these degenerative processes...
- Proteomic analysis of rodent ribosomes revealed heterogeneity including ribosomal proteins L10-like, L22-like 1, and L39-likeYoshihiko Sugihara
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Proteome Res 9:1351-66. 2010..This system allowed identification of 78 ribosomal proteins and Rack1 from a single gel...
- The WD repeat protein FAN regulates lysosome size independent from abnormal downregulation/membrane recruitment of protein kinase CHeike Möhlig
Institut fur Immunologie, Universitätsklinikum Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Michaelisstr 5, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Exp Cell Res 313:2703-18. 2007..Our results demonstrate that activation of PKC is not required for regulation of N-SMase by FAN/RACK1. Conversely, activation of PKC and recruitment/stabilization by RACK1 occurs uniformly in the presence or absence ..
- Expression of human mitochondrial NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase during lymphocyte activationH Luo
Laboratory of Nephrology and Transplantation Immunology, Notre Dame Hospital Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Biochem 60:495-507. 1996..The restricted expression of the gene in certain tissues and the activation-related expression in lymphocytes suggest that this gene might be necessary for optimal functions in heart, muscle, and the activated lymphocytes...
- Peripheral site acetylcholinesterase blockade induces RACK1-associated neuronal remodelingNoa Farchi
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Neurodegener Dis 4:171-84. 2007..Peripheral anionic site (PAS) blockade of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) notably affects neuronal activity and cyto-architecture, however, the mechanism(s) involved are incompletely understood...
- Proteomic profiling of a high-producing Chinese hamster ovary cell cultureTyler Carlage
Biogen Idec, 15 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Anal Chem 81:7357-62. 2009..Several proteins involved in regulation of the cell cycle such as RACK1 and GTPase Ran were found to be differentially expressed, which may be due to a differentially controlled cell ..
- Roles for beta II-protein kinase C and RACK1 in positive and negative signaling for superoxide anion generation in differentiated HL60 cellsH M Korchak
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, The Joseph Stokes, Jr Research Institute of the Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8910-7. 2001..fMet-Leu-Phe triggered association of a cytosolic NADPH oxidase component, p47(phox), with betaII-PKC but not with RACK1, a binding protein for betaII-PKC...
- Comparative proteomics approach to screening of potential diagnostic and therapeutic targets for oral squamous cell carcinomaZhi Wang
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China Hospital of Stomatology, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan, China
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1639-50. 2008..Of the eight newly implicated proteins, RACK1 was chosen for detailed analysis...
- Germination behavior, biochemical features and sequence analysis of the RACK1/arcA homolog from Phaseolus vulgarisTania Islas-Flores
Departamento de Biologia Molecular de Plantas, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Physiol Plant 137:264-80. 2009..with the reported soybean G(beta)-subunit, 86% with RACK1B and C from Arabidopsis and 66% with human and mouse RACK1, at the amino acid level. In addition, it showed 85...
- Aging-related alterations in the distribution of Ca(2+)-dependent PKC isoforms in rabbit hippocampusE A Van der Zee
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hippocampus 14:849-60. 2004..A concurrent dramatic loss of the PKC anchoring protein receptor for activated C kinase (RACK1) in the pellet fraction was shown by Western blotting...
- Protein kinase CK2 interacts with adiponectin receptor 1 and participates in adiponectin signalingJohn T Heiker
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biociences, Pharmacy and Psychology, Leipzig University, Bruderstrasse 34, Leipzig, Germany
Cell Signal 21:936-42. 2009..With the exception of APPL1 and RACK1, no intracellular binding partners of adiponectin receptors are reported and thus signaling pathways downstream of ..
- A complex between FAK, RACK1, and PDE4D5 controls spreading initiation and cancer cell polarityBryan Serrels
Edinburgh Cancer Research UK Centre, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2XR, UK
Curr Biol 20:1086-92. 2010..pathway that links the integrin effector focal adhesion kinase (FAK), the molecular scaffold protein RACK1, and activity of one of its client proteins, PDE4D5, a cAMP-degrading phosphodiesterase...
- Fission yeast receptor of activated C kinase (RACK1) ortholog Cpc2 regulates mitotic commitment through Wee1 kinaseAndrés Núñez
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Murcia, 30071 Murcia, Spain
J Biol Chem 285:41366-73. 2010..The receptor of activated C kinase (RACK1) is a scaffolding protein strongly conserved among eukaryotes which binds to other proteins to regulate multiple ..
- Receptor activated C kinase is down-regulated in the male gonad of the marine bivalve mollusc Mya arenaria exposed to tributyltin (TBT)A Siah
Laboratory of Ecotoxicology, University of Le Havrse, 25 rue P Lebon, BP 540, 76058 Le Havre Cedex, France
Aquat Toxicol 83:295-305. 2007..Among the potentially differentially regulated transcripts, Receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) represented 6% of the total down-regulated clones in males and the corresponding protein ..
- The coatomer protein beta'-COP, a selective binding protein (RACK) for protein kinase CepsilonM Csukai
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5332, USA
J Biol Chem 272:29200-6. 1997..Our laboratory has previously isolated one such protein, RACK1, and demonstrated that this protein displays specificity for PKCbeta...
- Measles virus suppresses interferon-alpha signaling pathway: suppression of Jak1 phosphorylation and association of viral accessory proteins, C and V, with interferon-alpha receptor complexShin Ichi Yokota
Department of Microbiology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, 060 8556, Sapporo, Japan
Virology 306:135-46. 2003..immunoprecipitation experiments using antibodies against type 1 IFN receptor chain 1 (INFAR1) and antibody against RACK1, which is reported to be a scaffold protein interacting with type I IFN receptor chain 2 and STAT1...
- Receptor for activated C-kinase 1 regulates the cellular localization and function of ABCB4Yuki Ikebuchi
Department of Pharmacy, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Hepatol Res 39:1091-107. 2009..This screening allowed us to identify the receptor for activated C-kinase 1 (RACK1) as a novel binding partner of ABCB4...
- Eukaryotic ribosomes host PKC activityStefano Grosso
Laboratory of Molecular Histology and Cell Growth, DIBIT, Via Olgettina 58, HSR, 20132 Milano, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:65-9. 2008PKC isoform betaII modulates translation and can be recruited on ribosomes via its scaffold RACK1 (receptor for activated protein kinase C 1), which resides on the 40S ribosomal subunit...
- Identification of a receptor for activated protein kinase C1 (Pm-RACK1), a cellular gene product from black tiger shrimp (Penaeus monodon) interacts with a protein, VP9 from the white spot syndrome virusMoltira Tonganunt
Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics Research, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, 15 Karnjanavanit Road, Songkhla 90110, Thailand
Fish Shellfish Immunol 26:509-14. 2009..encoding a receptor for activated protein kinase C1 homolog has been isolated from the shrimp, Penaeus monodon (Pm-RACK1)...
- Stress-induced cholinergic signaling promotes inflammation-associated thrombopoiesisMarjorie Pick
Department of Hematology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Blood 107:3397-406. 2006..GEMM) and megakaryocyte (Mk) colonies, which showed intensified labeling of AChE-R and its interacting proteins RACK1 and PKC...
- Myelin protein zero/P0 phosphorylation and function require an adaptor protein linking it to RACK1 and PKC alphaAna Maria Gaboreanu
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Cell Biol 177:707-16. 2007..We have now identified a 65-kD adaptor protein that links P0 with the receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1). The interaction of p65 with P0 maps to residues 179-197 within the cytoplasmic tail of P0...
- The G protein betagamma subunit mediates reannealing of adherens junctions to reverse endothelial permeability increase by thrombinNebojsa Knezevic
Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Exp Med 206:2761-77. 2009..We observed that in the naive endothelium Gbeta1, the predominant Gbeta isoform is sequestered by receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1)...
- A defective protein kinase C anchoring system underlying age-associated impairment in TNF-alpha production in rat macrophagesE Corsini
Institute of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
J Immunol 163:3468-73. 1999..from LPS-stimulated rat alveolar macrophages were determined and correlated with a decrease in the level of RACK1, the anchoring protein involved in protein kinase C translocation and activation...
- Is arcA3 a possible mediator in the signal transduction pathway during agonist cell cycle arrest by salicylic acid and UV irradiation?C Perennes
Laboratoire Cycle Cellulaire et Recombinaison, Institut de Biotechnologie des Plantes, CNRS UMR 8618, Universite de Paris Sud, Bat 630, Plateau du Moulon, F 91405 Orsay cedex, France
J Cell Sci 112:1181-90. 1999..Since arcA3 is 67% similar to RACK1 (functional homology), a rat intracellular receptor for protein kinase C, and possesses identical PKC fixation ..
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 (HIF-1) pathwayGregg L Semenza
Vascular Biology Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Broadway Research Building, Suite 671, 733 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Sci STKE 2007:cm8. 2007..b>Receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) competes with heat shock protein 90 (HSP90) for binding to HIF-1alpha and mediates O2-..
- Epstein-Barr virus BART gene expressionMaha Al-Mozaini
Department of Virology, Imperial College London, Norfolk Place, London, UK
J Gen Virol 90:307-16. 2009..1 cells. Artificially expressed A73 protein was known to be able to bind to the cellular RACK1 protein and has now also been shown to be able to regulate calcium flux, presumably via RACK1...
- Rewired ERK-JNK signaling pathways in melanomaPablo Lopez-Bergami
Signal Transduction Program, The Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cancer Cell 11:447-60. 2007..Subsequently, c-Jun increases transcription of target genes, including RACK1, an adaptor protein that enables PKC to phosphorylate and enhance JNK activity, enforcing a feed-forward mechanism ..
- Mdm2 directs the ubiquitination of beta-arrestin-sequestered cAMP phosphodiesterase-4D5Xiang Li
Neuroscience and Molecular Pharmacology, Wolfson and Davidson Buildings, Faculty of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:16170-82. 2009..in the fraction of PDE4D5 sequestered by beta-arrestin in cells, thereby contributing to the fidelity of PDE4D5-beta-arrestin interaction, as well as decreasing the fraction of PDE4D5 sequestered by the scaffolding protein, RACK1.
- RACK1, a potential target to decrease morphine reward in miceQ F Liu
Key Laboratory of Chronobiology, Ministry of Health Sichuan University, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Arch Ital Biol 147:131-40. 2009Morphine reexposure induces the decrease of receptor for activated C-kinase 1 protein (RACK1) levels in frontal cortex, and the increase of p-ERK (extracellular signal-regulated kinase) levels in mouse frontal cortex, striatum, ..
- RACK1 genes regulate plant development with unequal genetic redundancy in ArabidopsisJianjun Guo
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 8:108. 2008b>RACK1 is a versatile scaffold protein in mammals, regulating diverse developmental processes...
- RACK1 is a negative regulator of ABA responses in ArabidopsisJianjun Guo
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Exp Bot 60:3819-33. 2009b>Receptor for Activated C Kinase 1 (RACK1) is viewed as a versatile scaffold protein in mammals. The protein sequence of RACK1 is highly conserved in eukaryotes. However, the function of RACK1 in plants remains poorly understood...
- The N-terminus of the WD5 repeat of human RACK1 binds to airway epithelial NHERF1Carole M Liedtke
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4948, USA
Biochemistry 45:10270-7. 2006..the CFTR Cl channel function involves a protein complex of activated protein kinase Cepsilon (PKCepsilon) bound to RACK1, a receptor for activated C kinase, and RACK1 bound to the human Na(+)/H(+) exchanger regulatory factor (NHERF1) ..
- RACK1 binds to a signal transfer region of G betagamma and inhibits phospholipase C beta2 activationSonghai Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6600, USA
J Biol Chem 280:33445-52. 2005b>Receptor for Activated C Kinase 1 (RACK1), a novel G betagamma-interacting protein, selectively inhibits the activation of a subclass of G betagamma effectors such as phospholipase C beta2 (PLCbeta2) and adenylyl cyclase II by direct ..
- Spatial and temporal regulation of RACK1 function and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor activity through WD40 motif-mediated dimerizationClaire Thornton
Ernest Gallo Research Center, Emeryville, California 94608, USA
J Biol Chem 279:31357-64. 2004Efficient signaling requires accurate spatial and temporal compartmentalization of proteins. RACK1 is a scaffolding protein that fulfils this role through interaction of binding partners with one of its seven WD40 domains...
- Effects of RACK1 on cell migration and IGF-I signalling in cardiomyoctes are not dependent on an association with the IGF-IRHelen C O'Donovan
Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, Biosciences Institute, National University of Ireland, Cork, Ireland
Cell Signal 19:2588-95. 2007b>RACK1 can act as a scaffolding protein to integrate IGF-IR and integrin signalling in transformed cells but its actions in regulating IGF-IR signalling in non-transformed cells are less well understood...
- Localization of the scaffolding protein RACK1 in the developing and adult mouse brainA M Ashique
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California San Francisco, 5858 Horton St, Suite 200, Emeryville, CA 94608, USA
Brain Res 1069:31-8. 2006b>RACK1 is a multifunctional scaffolding protein known to be involved in the regulation of various signaling cascades in the central nervous system (CNS)...
- Receptor for activated C-kinase 1 regulates the cell surface expression and function of ATP binding cassette G2Yuki Ikebuchi
Department of Pharmacy, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 38:2320-8. 2010In a previous report, we identified the receptor for activated C-kinase 1 (RACK1) as a positive regulator of the cellular localization and expression of ATP-binding cassette B4, a phosphatidylcholine translocator expressed on the bile ..
- RACK1 mediates multiple hormone responsiveness and developmental processes in ArabidopsisJin Gui Chen
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, 6270 University Boulevard, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z4 Canada
J Exp Bot 57:2697-708. 2006The scaffold protein RACK1 (Receptor for Activated C Kinase 1) serves as an integrative point for diverse signal transduction pathways...
- RACK1 competes with HSP90 for binding to HIF-1alpha and is required for O(2)-independent and HSP90 inhibitor-induced degradation of HIF-1alphaYe V Liu
Vascular Biology Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cell 25:207-17. 2007..We have identified the receptor of activated protein kinase C (RACK1) as a HIF-1alpha-interacting protein that promotes PHD/VHL-independent proteasomal degradation of HIF-1alpha...
- A spectroscopic analysis of the interaction between the human regulatory proteins RACK1 and Ki-1/57Flavia C Nery
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural, Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron, Rua Giuseppe Máximo Scolfaro 10 000, C P 6192, 13084 971 Campinas SP, Brazil
Biol Chem 387:577-82. 2006..In previous studies we identified the receptor of activated kinase-1 (RACK1), a signaling adaptor protein that binds activated PKC, as a protein that interacts with Ki-1/57...
- EphB3 suppresses non-small-cell lung cancer metastasis via a PP2A/RACK1/Akt signalling complexGuo Li
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Nat Commun 3:667. 2012....
- Protein receptor for activated C kinase 1 is involved in morphine reward in miceL Wan
Key Laboratory of Chronobiology, Ministry of Health Sichuan University, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
Neuroscience 161:734-42. 2009..RACK1, the protein receptor for activated C kinase 1, is a multifunctional scaffolding protein known to be a key regulator of various signaling cascades ..
- Receptor for activated C kinase 1 stimulates nascent polypeptide-dependent translation arrestKazushige Kuroha
Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Japan
EMBO Rep 11:956-61. 2010..Here we show that the receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) participates in nascent peptide-dependent translation arrest, and that its binding to the ..
- DAZL is essential for stress granule formation implicated in germ cell survival upon heat stressByunghyuk Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 747, Korea
Development 139:568-78. 2012..role against heat stress-induced apoptosis by the sequestration of specific signaling molecules, such as RACK1, and the subsequent blockage of the apoptotic MAPK pathway...
- RACK1: A superior independent predictor for poor clinical outcome in breast cancerXi Xi Cao
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Int J Cancer 127:1172-9. 2010We aimed to investigate the expression of RACK1 in breast cancer, evaluate its role in predicting prognosis and compare with commonly used biomarkers: Ki67, ER, PR and HER-2 for patients with breast cancer...
- Identification of RACK1 and protein kinase Calpha as integral components of the mammalian circadian clockMaria S Robles
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 327:463-6. 2010..Receptor for activated C kinase-1 (RACK1) and protein kinase C-alpha (PKCalpha) were recruited in a circadian manner into a nuclear BMAL1 complex during ..
- Downregulation of receptor for activated C-kinase 1 (RACK1) suppresses tumor growth by inhibiting tumor cell proliferation and tumor-associated angiogenesisFeng Wang
Department of Molecular Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Tokyo Dental and Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:2007-13. 2011..Here, we show that receptor for activated C-kinase 1 (RACK1), a ubiquitously expressed scaffolding protein, plays a crucial regulatory role in tumor growth...
- Evolutionary coupling in the K(V)1.2-β₂ complexShreedhar Natarajan
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
Channels (Austin) 4:355-74. 2010..2-β₂ complex and motifs in other proteins such as RACK1 and Eif36sip, which in turn are connected to the hypoxia response...
- PvRACK1 loss-of-function impairs cell expansion and morphogenesis in Phaseolus vulgaris L. root nodulesTania Islas-Flores
Departamento de Biologia Molecular de Plantas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Morelos, Mexico
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:819-26. 2011Receptor for activated C kinase (RACK1) is a highly conserved, eukaryotic protein of the WD-40 repeat family...
- RACK1 promotes breast carcinoma migration/metastasis via activation of the RhoA/Rho kinase pathwayXi Xi Cao
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:555-63. 2011We aimed to gain a mechanistic understanding of the role of RACK1 in breast carcinoma migration/metastasis. Migration assays were conducted in breast carcinoma cell lines...
- Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) from pearl oyster (Pinctada martensii) challenged with bacteria and exposed to cadmiumJinhui Chen
Key Laboratory of Marine Bio resources Sustainable Utilization, CAS, Laboratory of Applied Marine Biology, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 164 West Xingang Road, Guangzhou 510301, Guangdong, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 31:781-7. 2011b>Receptor for activated C kinase 1 (RACK1) is involved in superoxide anion generation and play an important role in the immune response...
- Receptor for Activated C Kinase-1 protein from Penaeus monodon (Pm-RACK1) participates in the shrimp antioxidant responseNetnapa Saelee
Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics Research, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla 90112, Thailand
Int J Biol Macromol 49:32-6. 2011..paper, we investigate the possible antioxidant function of Penaeus monodon Receptor for Activated C Kinase-1 (Pm-RACK1)...
- Eukaryotic initiation factor 6, an evolutionarily conserved regulator of ribosome biogenesis and protein translationJianjun Guo
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Plant Signal Behav 6:766-71. 2011We recently identified Receptor for Activated C Kinase 1 (RACK1) as one of the molecular links between abscisic acid (ABA) signaling and its regulation on protein translation...
- INTESTINAL CELL GROWTH CONTROL: ROLE OF TYROSINE KINASESCHRISTINE CARTWRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Using a yeast two-hybrid assay, the PI recently identified RACK1, a receptor for activated C kinase and a homolog of the beta subunit of G proteins, as a novel Src SH2-binding ..
- PTP MU REGULATES NEURITE OUTGROWTH /RETINAL DEVELOPMENTSUSANN BRADY KALNAY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Is the PTPu interacting protein, RACK1, involved in sending signals that regulate neurite outgrowth on a PTPu substrate? A...
- Novel Strategy for Lung Cancer Treatment Using IGF-1R InhibitorHo Young Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..activation of IGF-1R signaling, we found that NNK stimulation resulted in the association of IGF-1R and RACK1, a scaffold protein that binds to a number of signaling molecules and regulates their function, in parallel with ..
- Novel Strategy for Lung Cancer Treatment Using IGF-1R InhibitorHo Young Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..activation of IGF-1R signaling, we found that NNK stimulation resulted in the association of IGF-1R and RACK1, a scaffold protein that binds to a number of signaling molecules and regulates their function, in parallel with ..
- Atypical G protein signaling in Cryptococcus neoformansPing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using Gpa1 as protein bait and through a yeast two-hybrid screen, we have identified a novel G2- like/RACK1 protein, Gib2, which exhibits a G2-like function by association with Gpa1 and G3 subunits Gpg1 and Gpg2...
- Function of ATF2 URE binding protein in human melanomaZE EV RONAI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Studies supported by this grant led to the discovery that RACK1 mediates JNK activation by PKC, which is required for activation of JNK by diverse stimuli...
- Function of ATF2 URE binding protein in human melanomaZE apos EV A RONAI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies supported by this grant led to the discovery that RACK1 mediates JNK activation by PKC, which is required for activation of JNK by diverse stimuli...
- TRACK Regulates Cytokinesis in Trypanosoma bruceiLAWRENCE RUBEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..recently identified a putative signal anchor protein called TRACK with strong similarity to mammalian and yeast RACK1/Cpc2. We report that TRACK can correct morphological and growth related defects in cpc2 null mutants of S. pombe...
- Human Colon Cancer: Role of the Src Tyrosine KinaseCHRISTINE CARTWRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2007..We recently identified RACK1 as a novel Src substrate and binding partner and an inhibitor of Src activity and cell growth...
- ADHESIVE REGULATION DURING CELL MIGRATIONAnna Huttenlocher; Fiscal Year: 2004..candidate regulators, including a protein with sequence homology to the protein kinase C-binding protein RACK1. To characterize the molecular mechanisms that regulate integrin- cytoskeletal interactions during migration we ..
- PO-Mediated Signaling and MyelinationJack Lilien; Fiscal Year: 2006..1) We have found that RACK1, the Receptor for Activated C Kinase is a component of the complex of proteins associated with the cytoplasmic ..
- INTESTINAL CELL GROWTH CONTROL: ROLE OF TYROSINE KINASESCHRISTINE CARTWRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our research focuses on molecular mechanisms by which the Src kinases contribute to the regulation. We identified RACK1 as a novel substrate and binding partner of Src, and an inhibitor of Src kinases and colonic cell growth...
- INTESTINAL CELL GROWTH CONTROL: ROLE OF TYROSINE KINASESCHRISTINE ANN CARTWRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our research focuses on molecular mechanisms by which the Src kinases contribute to the regulation. We identified RACK1 as a novel substrate and binding partner of Src, and an inhibitor of Src kinases and colonic cell growth...
- PROTEIN KINASE C IN ISCHEMIC RENAL INJURY AND REPAIRBabu Padanilam; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have shown that the expression of several PKC isozymes and the receptor for activated C-kinase(RACK1) are enhanced following ischemic renal injury...
- GABA-A RECEPTOR STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONRichard Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>RACK1 (receptor for activated C-kinase), links protein kinase C-beta to GABAR alpha1 subunit, probably for regulating ..
- BETA-3 INTEGRIN TYROSINE PHOSPHORYLATIONSCOTT BLYSTONE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Experiments contained in this application will determine if the candidate molecule RACK1 binds to tyrosine phosphorylated b3 integrins and coordinates their response to PKC activation...
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMCHRISTINA DANIELS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Initial results show Orf B shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm, interacts with Receptor for Activated C Kinase 1 (RACK1), interacts with separate complexes containing PKC beta II and protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A), ..