Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RAB11FIP4
Description: RAB11 family interacting protein 4
Alias: FIP4-Rab11, RAB11-FIP4, rab11 family-interacting protein 4, RAB11 family interacting protein 4 (class II), arfophilin-2
- Jenne D, Tinschert S, Reimann H, Lasinger W, Thiel G, Hameister H, et al. Molecular characterization and gene content of breakpoint boundaries in patients with neurofibromatosis type 1 with 17q11.2 microdeletions. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;69:516-27 pubmed
- Hu F, Deng X, Yang X, Jin H, Gu D, Lv X, et al. Hypoxia upregulates Rab11-family interacting protein 4 through HIF-1Î± to promote the metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncogene. 2015;34:6007-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Rab11-FIP4 is a target gene of HIF-1Î± and has a pro-metastatic role in HCC, suggesting that Rab11-FIP4 may be a promising candidate target for HCC treatment. ..
- Hales C, Griner R, Hobdy Henderson K, Dorn M, Hardy D, Kumar R, et al. Identification and characterization of a family of Rab11-interacting proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:39067-75 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the function of Rab11a in plasma membrane recycling systems is dependent upon a compendium of protein effectors...
- Shiba T, Koga H, Shin H, Kawasaki M, Kato R, Nakayama K, et al. Structural basis for Rab11-dependent membrane recruitment of a family of Rab11-interacting protein 3 (FIP3)/Arfophilin-1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15416-21 pubmed..The bivalent interaction of FIP3 with Rab11 at the C terminus allows FIP3 to coordinately function with other binding partners, including ARFs. ..
- Douglas J, Cilliers D, Coleman K, Tatton Brown K, Barker K, Bernhard B, et al. Mutations in RNF135, a gene within the NF1 microdeletion region, cause phenotypic abnormalities including overgrowth. Nat Genet. 2007;39:963-5 pubmed..These data identify RNF135 as causative of a new overgrowth syndrome and demonstrate that RNF135 haploinsufficiency contributes to the phenotype of NF1 microdeletion cases. ..
- Makyio H, Ohgi M, Takei T, Takahashi S, Takatsu H, Katoh Y, et al. Structural basis for Arf6-MKLP1 complex formation on the Flemming body responsible for cytokinesis. EMBO J. 2012;31:2590-603 pubmed publisher..A model based on these results suggests that the Arf6-MKLP1 complex plays a crucial role in cytokinesis by connecting the microtubule bundle and membranes at the cleavage plane. ..