Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSMD2
Description: proteasome (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, non-ATPase, 2
Alias: P97, RPN1, TRAP2, 26S proteasome non-ATPase regulatory subunit 2, 55.11 protein, TNFR-associated protein 2, protein 55.11, tumor necrosis factor type 1 receptor-associated protein 2
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- The UBX protein SAKS1 negatively regulates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation and p97-dependent degradationDavid P LaLonde
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 286:4892-901. 2011..The ATPase p97 acts as an essential component of this process by providing the force needed for retrotranslocation and by serving ..
- Reiterated repeat region variability in the ciliary adhesin gene of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJ L Wilton
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Microbiology 144:1931-43. 1998..analysis of the gene encoding the 94 kDa antigen revealed greater than 90% homology to two adhesin genes, encoding P97 and Mhp1, cloned from pathogenic strain 232 and strain P5722 of M. hyopneumoniae, respectively...
- A survey of iodine intake and thyroid volume in Dutch schoolchildren: reference values in an iodine-sufficient area and the effect of pubertyW M Wiersinga
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 144:595-603. 2001..Iodine deficiency and endemic goiter have been reported in the past in The Netherlands, especially in the southeast...
- A new translational regulator with homology to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4GH Imataka
Department of Biochemistry and McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
EMBO J 16:817-25. 1997..Here, we describe a new eukaryotic translational regulator (hereafter called p97) which exhibits 28% identity to the C-terminal two-thirds of eIF4G...
- Role of 26S proteasome and HRD genes in the degradation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase, an integral endoplasmic reticulum membrane proteinR Y Hampton
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0116, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:2029-44. 1996..The sequence of the HRD2 gene is homologous to the p97 activator of the 26S proteasome...
- Dislocation of HMG-CoA reductase and Insig-1, two polytopic endoplasmic reticulum proteins, en route to proteasomal degradationGil S Leichner
Department of Human Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 20:3330-41. 2009..Dislocation of HMG(350)-HA and Insig-1-Myc requires metabolic energy and involves the AAA-ATPase p97/VCP...
- Nuclear proto-oncogene products transactivate the human papillomavirus type 16 promoterW Nürnberg
Universitatsklinikum Rudolf Virchow, Hautklinik, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Br J Cancer 71:1018-24. 1995..study, we determined the trans-activating properties of nuclear proto-oncogene proteins c-Fos, c-Jun and c-Myc on P97 enhancer/promoter activity of HPV16...
- Domains of the growth hormone receptor required for association and activation of JAK2 tyrosine kinaseJ A Vanderkuur
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0622
J Biol Chem 269:21709-17. 1994..In CHO cells expressing mutated GHR, GH-dependent tyrosyl phosphorylation of cellular proteins (p121, p97, p42, and p39) was dependent on the ability to activate JAK2...
- Modified cell cycle status in a mouse model of altered neuronal vulnerability (slow Wallerian degeneration; Wlds)Thomas M Wishart
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
Genome Biol 9:R101. 2008..gene 1 (Pttg1); changes in the location/activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome machinery via binding to valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97); and modified synaptic expression of proteins such as ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1 (Ube1).
- Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae YS-1 as a live vaccine vehicle for heterologous protein expression and intranasal immunization of pigsYoshihiro Shimoji
National Institute of Animal Health, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Infect Immun 70:226-32. 2002..The C-terminal portion, including two repeat regions, R1 and R2, of the P97 adhesin of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae strain E-1 was successfully translocated and expressed on the E...
- Vaccine efficacy of the attenuated Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae YS-19 expressing a recombinant protein of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin against mycoplasmal pneumonia of swineYoshihiro Shimoji
National Institute of Animal Health, 3 1 5 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Vaccine 21:532-7. 2003..YS-19 strain was constructed for the purpose of delivering the C-terminal portion of the Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin to the mucosal surface of the respiratory tract of pigs...
- An efficient mammalian cell-free translation system supplemented with translation factorsSatoshi Mikami
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 46:348-57. 2006..eIF4E specifically stimulated capped mRNA translation, while p97, a homologue to the C-terminal two-thirds of eIF4G, increased uncapped mRNA translation...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of VAT, a CDC48/p97 ATPase homologue from the archaeon Thermoplasma acidophilumV Pamnani
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
FEBS Lett 404:263-8. 1997..homologue of SAV from Sulfolobus acidocaldarius and CdcH of Halobacterium salinarium, and belongs to the CDC48/VCP/p97 subfamily...
- Involvement of the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex in the regulated endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptorsKamil J Alzayady
Departments of Pharmacology and Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210 2339, USA
J Biol Chem 280:34530-7. 2005..Here, we examine this process and show in several mammalian cell types that the ATPase p97 associates with IP(3) receptors in response to hormonal stimuli that induce IP(3) receptor ubiquitination...
- [Construction of the recombinant adenovirus expressing the C-terminal of the Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae p97 gene and its immune response]Chao Chen
Division of Bacterial Disease, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin 150001, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:465-70. 2009To construct recombinant adenovirus carrying C-Terminal of the adhesion factor gene p97 of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae (Mhp) so as to provide basis for further studying new type Mhp vaccine.
- The AAA-ATPase p97 facilitates degradation of apolipoprotein B by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayEric A Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Lipid Res 49:2149-60. 2008The ATPase associated with various cellular activities (AAA-ATPase) p97 (p97) has been implicated in the retrotranslocation of target proteins for delivery to the cytosolic proteasome during endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (..
- Association of the T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase with nuclear import factor p97T Tiganis
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724 2208, USA
J Biol Chem 272:21548-57. 1997..associated with residues 377-415 from the C terminus of the 48-kDa form of TCPTP, whereas the recognition site for p97 and p116 was mapped to residues 350-381 encompassing the TCPTP nuclear localization sequence (NLS)...
- Anti-p97/VCP antibodies: an autoantibody marker for a subset of primary biliary cirrhosis patients with milder disease?K Miyachi
First Diagnostic Division, Health Sciences Research Institute, Inc, Yokohama, Japan
Scand J Immunol 63:376-82. 2006..biliary cirrhosis (PBC) sera reacted with a 95 kDa cytosol protein (p95c) that was subsequently identified as a p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP)...
- Biocontrol of Phytophthora cactorum the causal agent of root and crown rot on apple (Malus domestica) by formulated Pseudomonas fluorescensM Farzaneh
Department of Plant Protection, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 72:891-900. 2007..Four strains (P60, P61, P96, and P97) of Pseudomonas fluorescens were selected for greenhouse trials...
- Mhp493 (P216) is a proteolytically processed, cilium and heparin binding protein of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJody Wilton
NSW Department of Primary Industries, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
Mol Microbiol 71:566-82. 2009..We show here that Mhp493 (P216), a paralogue of the cilium adhesin P97 (Mhp183), is cleaved between amino acids 1040 and 1089 generating surface-accessible, heparin-binding proteins P120 ..
- Autoantibodies from primary biliary cirrhosis patients with anti-p95c antibodies bind to recombinant p97/VCP and inhibit in vitro nuclear envelope assemblyK Miyachi
Health Sciences Research Institute, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 136:568-73. 2004..To confirm the identity of this autoantigen, we used a full-length cDNA of the p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) to produce a radiolabelled recombinant protein that was then used in an ..
- Simultaneous down-regulation of tumor suppressor genes RBSP3/CTDSPL, NPRL2/G21 and RASSF1A in primary non-small cell lung cancerVera N Senchenko
Laboratory of Structural and Functional Genomics, Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
BMC Cancer 10:75. 2010..3 region. We have shown previously that homozygous deletions in AP20 and LUCA sub-regions often occurred in the same tumor (P < 10-6)...
- A novel function of the MA-3 domains in transformation and translation suppressor Pdcd4 is essential for its binding to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4AHsin Sheng Yang
Gene Regulation Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3894-906. 2004..translation initiation factors, including human eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) and DAP-5/NAT1/p97, as well as in the tumor suppressor Pdcd4. The function of the MA-3 domain is, however, unknown...
- Structure-based design of novel anticancer agentsF M Uckun
Drug Discovery Program, Parker Hughes Cancer Center, Parker Hughes Institute, 2665 Long Lake Road, St Paul, Minnesota55113, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 1:59-71. 2001..These include EGFR inhibitors such as the quinazoline derivative WHI-P97 and the leflunomide metabolite analog LFM-A12...
- Derlin-1 and p97/valosin-containing protein mediate the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of human V2 vasopressin receptorsIsabel Schwieger
Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie FMP, Campus Buch, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 73:697-708. 2008..for the first time that V2R mutants with different misfolded domains are able to coprecipitate the ERAD components p97/valosin-containing protein, Derlin-1 and the 26S proteasome regulatory subunit 7...
- Improved yield and stability of L49-sFv-beta-lactamase, a single-chain antibody fusion protein for anticancer prodrug activation, by protein engineeringCharlotte F McDonagh
Seattle Genetics Inc, 21823 30th Drive SE, Bothell, Washington 98021, USA
Bioconjug Chem 14:860-9. 2003..L49-sFv-bL) combined with the prodrug C-Mel is an effective anticancer agent against tumor cells expressing the p97 antigen. However, large-scale production of L49-sFv-bL from refolded E...
- Cdc48 is required for the stability of Cut1/separase in mitotic anaphaseNobuyasu Ikai
Department of Gene Mechanism, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Struct Biol 156:50-61. 2006..Cdc48/VCP/p97, an AAA ATPase, is involved in a variety of cellular activities, many of which are implicated in the proteasome-..
- A recombinant chimera composed of R1 repeat region of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin with Escherichia coli heat-labile enterotoxin B subunit elicits immune response in miceFabrício Rochedo Conceição
Centro de Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, CP 354, 96010 900 Pelotas, RS, Brazil
Vaccine 24:5734-43. 2006..was to develop and to evaluate in BALB/c mice a recombinant subunit vaccine (rLTBR1) containing the R1 region of P97 adhesin of M. hyopneumoniae (R1) fused to the B subunit of the heat-labile enterotoxin of Escherichia coli (LTB)...
- Potential use of a recombinant replication-defective adenovirus vector carrying the C-terminal portion of the P97 adhesin protein as a vaccine against Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae in swineFaust René Okamba
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, Universite du Quebec, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Vaccine 28:4802-9. 2010..The P97 adhesin protein of M...
- Selective inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation rescues DeltaF508-cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator and suppresses interleukin-8 levels: therapeutic implicationsNeeraj Vij
Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17369-78. 2006..b>p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) physically interacts with gp78/autocrine motility factor receptor to couple ..
- The AAA ATPase p97 links peptide N-glycanase to the endoplasmic reticulum-associated E3 ligase autocrine motility factor receptorGuangtao Li
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 450 Life Sciences Building, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8348-53. 2006....
- Dietary acrylamide exposure estimates for the United Kingdom and Ireland: comparison between semiprobabilistic and probabilistic exposure modelsCraig Mills
Food Standards Agency, 125 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NH, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 56:6039-45. 2008..consumer exposure was estimated as 0.61 microg/kg of body weight (bw)/day and high-level adult consumer exposure (P97.5) as 1.29 microg/kg of bw/day. The mean adult Irish consumer exposure was estimated as 0...
- The Ubx2 and Ubx3 cofactors direct Cdc48 activity to proteolytic and nonproteolytic ubiquitin-dependent processesRasmus Hartmann-Petersen
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, EH4 2XU Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 14:824-8. 2004Valosin-containing protein, VCP/p97 or Cdc48, is a eukaryotic ATPase involved in membrane fusion, protein transport, and protein degradation. We describe two proteins, Ubx2 and Ubx3, which interact with Cdc48 in fission yeast...
- Cdc48/p97-Ufd1-Npl4 antagonizes Aurora B during chromosome segregation in HeLa cellsGrzegorz Dobrynin
Centre for Medical Biotechnology, University of Duisburg Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:1571-80. 2011During exit from mitosis in Xenopus laevis egg extracts, the AAA+ ATPase Cdc48/p97 (also known as VCP in vertebrates) and its adapter Ufd1-Npl4 remove the kinase Aurora B from chromatin to allow nucleus formation...
- Pathogenesis of Paget's disease of boneStuart H Ralston
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Bone 43:819-25. 2008..These include TNFRSF11A, which encodes RANK, TNFRSF11B which encodes osteoprotegerin, VCP which encodes p97, and SQSTM1 which encodes p62...
- A role for the vesicle tethering protein, p115, in the post-mitotic stacking of reassembling Golgi cisternae in a cell-free systemJ Shorter
Cell Biology Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 146:57-70. 1999..fusion protein (NSF) attachment protein receptors (SNAREs) via two intersecting pathways controlled by the ATPases, p97 and NSF...
- Clinical studies in familial VCP myopathy associated with Paget disease of bone and frontotemporal dementiaVirginia E Kimonis
Division of Genetics and Metabolism, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:745-57. 2008..167320), is a progressive autosomal dominant disorder caused by mutations in the Valousin-containing protein (VCP, p97 or CDC48) gene. IBMPFD can be difficult to diagnose...
- Reconstituted nuclei depleted of a vertebrate GLFG nuclear pore protein, p97, import but are defective in nuclear growth and replicationM A Powers
Department of Biology 0347, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0347
J Cell Biol 128:721-36. 1995..Such cell-free extracts contain three major N-acetylglucosaminylated proteins: p200, p97, and p60. Both p200 and p60 have been found to be components of the nuclear pore...
- Studies on peptide:N-glycanase-p97 interaction suggest that p97 phosphorylation modulates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradationGang Zhao
Center for Structural Biology, Deparatment of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8785-90. 2007During endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation, the multifunctional AAA ATPase p97 is part of a protein degradation complex. p97 associates via its N-terminal domain with various cofactors to recruit ubiquitinated substrates...
- A unique carrier for delivery of therapeutic compounds beyond the blood-brain barrierDelara Karkan
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e2469. 2008..capillaries, that comprise the BBB, possess an endogenous receptor that ferries an iron-transport protein, termed p97 (melanotransferrin), across the BBB...
- Death-associated protein 5 (DAP5/p97/NAT1) contributes to retinoic acid-induced granulocytic differentiation and arsenic trioxide-induced apoptosis in acute promyelocytic leukemiaBulent Ozpolat
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 422, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Apoptosis 13:915-28. 2008..Here we investigated the role and regulation of death-associated protein-5 (DAP5/p97/NAT1), a novel inhibitor of translational initiation, in APL cell differentiation and apoptosis...
- Development of a dual-color, double fusion FISH assay to detect RPN1/EVI1 gene fusion associated with inv(3), t(3;3), and ins(3;3) in patients with myelodysplasia and acute myeloid leukemiaBrandon M Shearer
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Laboratory Genetics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 85:569-74. 2010Approximately 2-3% of adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia harbor a rearrangement of RPN1 (at 3q21) and EVI1 (at 3q26.2) as inv(3)(q21q26.2), t(3;3)(q21;q26.2), or ins(3;3)(q26.2;q21q26.2)...
- Liver cytochrome P450 3A endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation: a major role for the p97 AAA ATPase in cytochrome P450 3A extraction into the cytosolPoulomi Acharya
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
J Biol Chem 286:3815-28. 2011..Given this topology, it was unclear whether they would require the AAA-ATPase p97 chaperone complex that retrotranslocates/dislocates ubiquitinated ER-integral and luminal proteins into the cytosol ..
- Molecular analysis of the P97 cilium adhesin operon of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeT Hsu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Gene 214:13-23. 1998..hyopneumoniae to the cilia of swine respiratory epithelium through an interaction involving P97, a surface-associated protein, and cilia-specific receptors...
- VAT, the thermoplasma homolog of mammalian p97/VCP, is an N domain-regulated protein unfoldaseAlexandra Gerega
Department of Molecular Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:42856-62. 2005..Thermoplasma acidophilum (VAT) ATPase is a member of the two-domain AAA ATPases and homologous to the mammalian p97/VCP and NSF proteins...
- VCP/p97 AAA-ATPase does not interact with the endogenous wild-type cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulatorRebecca F Goldstein
Department of Cell Biology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Gregory Fleming James Cystic Fibrosis Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0005, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:706-14. 2007..a proteomics screen to identify DeltaF508 CFTR interacting proteins, we found that valosin-containing protein (VCP)/p97, a Type II AAA ATPase that is a component of the retrotranslocation machinery, binds DeltaF508 CFTR, and this ..
- AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p, a cytosolic chaperone required for endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradationEfrat Rabinovich
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 22:626-34. 2002..Here we implicate the cytosolic chaperone AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p in ERAD...
- Derlin-1 promotes the efficient degradation of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) and CFTR folding mutantsFei Sun
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 281:36856-63. 2006A complex involving Derlin-1 and p97 mediates the retrotranslocation and endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-associated degradation of misfolded proteins in yeast and is used by certain viruses to promote host cell protein degradation (Romisch, K...
- The crystal structure of the C-terminal DAP5/p97 domain sheds light on the molecular basis for its processing by caspase cleavageNoa Liberman
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Mol Biol 383:539-48. 2008DAP5/p97 (death-associated protein 5) is a member of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G family. It functions as a scaffold protein promoting cap-independent translation of proteins...
- Ubiquitination regulates the assembly of VLDL in HepG2 cells and is the committing step of the apoB-100 ERAD pathwayEric A Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1X5
J Lipid Res 52:1170-80. 2011..The ubiquitin ligase gp78 and the AAA-ATPase p97 have been implicated in the proteasomal degradation of apoB-100...
- An Alu-linked repetitive sequence corresponding to 280 amino acids is expressed in a novel bovine protein, but not in its human homologueT Nobukuni
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo 194
J Biol Chem 272:2801-7. 1997..The protein has an apparent molecular mass of 97 kDa (p97)...
- RanGTP targets p97 to RanBP2, a filamentous protein localized at the cytoplasmic periphery of the nuclear pore complexC Delphin
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:2379-90. 1997..Using in vitro assays, we characterized the ability of RanBP2 to bind p97, a cytosolic factor implicated in the association of the nuclear localization signal receptor with the NPC...
- Role of p97 AAA-ATPase in the retrotranslocation of the cholera toxin A1 chain, a non-ubiquitinated substrateMichael Kothe
GI Cell Biology, Children s Hospital Boston, the Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:28127-32. 2005..are modified by the attachment of polyubiquitin chains and moved into the cytosol by the ubiquitin-interacting p97 ATPase complex...
- Going through the motions: the ATPase cycle of p97Valerie E Pye
Division of Molecular Biosciences, Centre for Structural Biology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, UK
J Struct Biol 156:12-28. 2006b>p97 (VCP, Cdc48), a type II AAA+ ATPase family member, is ubiquitous, essential, highly abundant, and involved in a diverse range of biological functions with roles in membrane fusion, endoplasmic-reticulum associated degradation, ..
- Chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis (CIMF) resulting from a unique 3;9 translocation disrupting the janus kinase 2 (JAK2) geneHon Fong L Mark
Cytogenetics Laboratory, Center for Human Genetics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 81:217-23. 2006..The former is the mapped location of the ribophorin 1 (RPN1) gene, whereas the latter is the mapped location of the janus kinase 2 (JAK2) gene...
- Distinct conformations of the protein complex p97-Ufd1-Npl4 revealed by electron cryomicroscopyCecilia Bebeacua
Centre for Structural Biology and Centre for Biomolecular Electron Microscopy, Division of Molecular Biosciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:1098-103. 2012b>p97 is a key regulator of numerous cellular pathways and associates with ubiquitin-binding adaptors to remodel ubiquitin-modified substrate proteins...
- Cdc48 (p97): a "molecular gearbox" in the ubiquitin pathway?Stefan Jentsch
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Trends Biochem Sci 32:6-11. 2007Cdc48 (p97), a conserved chaperone-like ATPase of eukaryotic cells, has attracted attention recently because of its wide range of cellular functions...
- Structural basis for specific recognition of Rpt1p, an ATPase subunit of 26 S proteasome, by proteasome-dedicated chaperone Hsm3pKenji Takagi
Picobiology Institute, Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Life Science, University of Hyogo, 3 2 1, Kouto, Kamigori cho, Ako gun, Hyogo, 678 1297, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:12172-82. 2012..transiently binds to the C-terminal domain of the Rpt1 subunit and forms a tetrameric complex, Hsm3-Rpt1-Rpt2-Rpn1, during maturation of the ATPase ring of 19 S RP...
- Ubiquitin ligase Hrd1 enhances the degradation and suppresses the toxicity of polyglutamine-expanded huntingtinHui Yang
Medical Biotechnology Center, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, 725 W Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Exp Cell Res 313:538-50. 2007..Degradation of httN was found to be p97/VCP-dependent, but independent of Ufd1 and Npl4, all of which are thought to form a complex with Hrd1 during ER-..
- Endolysosomal sorting of ubiquitylated caveolin-1 is regulated by VCP and UBXD1 and impaired by VCP disease mutationsDanilo Ritz
Centre for Medical Biotechnology, University of Duisburg Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 13:1116-23. 2011The AAA-ATPase VCP (also known as p97) cooperates with distinct cofactors to process ubiquitylated proteins in different cellular pathways...
- X-ray structure determination at low resolutionAxel T Brunger
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 65:128-33. 2009As an example of structure determination in the 3.5-4.5 A resolution range, crystal structures of the ATPase p97/VCP, consisting of an N-terminal domain followed by a tandem pair of ATPase domains (D1 and D2), are discussed...
- HIV-1 replication through hHR23A-mediated interaction of Vpr with 26S proteasomeGe Li
Department of Pathology, Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11371. 2010..These findings suggest that Vpr-proteasome interaction might counteract certain host restriction factor(s) to stimulate viral replication in non-dividing cells...
- Impaired ERAD and ER stress are early and specific events in polyglutamine toxicityMartin L Duennwald
The Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Genes Dev 22:3308-19. 2008..the mechanistic basis for this defect in ERAD: the entrapment of the essential ERAD proteins Npl4, Ufd1, and p97 by polyQ-expanded htt fragments...
- Repeat regions R1 and R2 in the P97 paralogue Mhp271 of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae bind heparin, fibronectin and porcine ciliaAnia T Deutscher
Industry and Investment NSW, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, NSW, Australia
Mol Microbiol 78:444-58. 2010..The cilium adhesin P97 (Mhp183) contains two repeat regions, designated R1 and R2, that play key roles in adherence...
- Functional mapping of the human papillomavirus type 16 E1 cistronMichael J Lace
Department of Pathology, The University of Iowa, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Virol 82:10724-34. 2008..The major early HPV-16 promoter, P97, was dispensable for E1 production in the initial amplification because cis mutations inactivating P97 did not ..
- Caenorhabditis elegans UBX cofactors for CDC-48/p97 control spermatogenesisYohei Sasagawa
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Genes Cells 15:1201-15. 2010UBX (ubiquitin regulatory X) domain-containing proteins act as cofactors for CDC-48/p97. CDC-48/p97 is essential for various cellular processes including retro-translocation in endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation, homotypic ..
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 is associated with insulin resistance in morbidly obese subjectsSara García-Serrano
CIBER Diabetes and Associated Metabolic Disorders, ISCIII, Spain
Mol Med 17:273-80. 2011..and their association with insulin resistance, sterol regulatory element binding protein-1 (SREBP-1) and ATPase p97, proteins involved in SCD1 synthesis and degradation...
- The Cavβ subunit prevents RFP2-mediated ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of L-type channelsChristophe Altier
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Nat Neurosci 14:173-80. 2011..robust ubiquitination by the RFP2 ubiquitin ligase and interacted with the ERAD complex proteins derlin-1 and p97, culminating in targeting of the channels to the proteasome for degradation...
- Assessment of the acrylamide intake of the Belgian population and the effect of mitigation strategiesW Claeys
DG Control Policy, Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain, Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 55, Brussels, Belgium
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 27:1199-207. 2010..The average AA exposure, calculated probabilistically, was 0.4 microg kg(-1) body weight (bw) day(-1) (P97.5 = 1...
- The differentiation/retrodifferentiation program of human U937 leukemia cells is accompanied by changes of VCP/p97Catharina Bertram
Dept of Gynecology, Biochemistry and Tumor Biology Lab, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str, 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
BMC Cell Biol 9:12. 2008..The AAA ATPase valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97) contributes to protein degradation and cell cycle regulation, respectively, and it was of interest to study a ..
- ATP-bound form of the D1 AAA domain inhibits an essential function of Cdc48p/p97Masatoshi Esaki
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Biochem Cell Biol 88:109-17. 2010Cdc48p/p97 is a highly conserved essential AAA protein that is required for many cellular processes, and is identified as a causative gene for an autosomal dominant human disorder, inclusion body myopathy associated with Paget's disease ..
- Cellular turnover of the polyglutamine disease protein ataxin-3 is regulated by its catalytic activitySokol V Todi
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 282:29348-58. 2007..degradation of inactive ataxin-3 correlated with reduced interaction with the proteasome shuttle protein, VCP/p97. Enzymatically active ataxin-3 also showed a greater tendency to concentrate in the nucleus, where it colocalized ..
- Mutant Atp13a2 proteins involved in parkinsonism are degraded by ER-associated degradation and sensitize cells to ER-stress induced cell deathJanet Ugolino
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Graduate Program, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 725 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:3565-77. 2011..knockdown of erasin, a platform for assembly of an ERAD complex, or expression of a dominant negative form of p97/VCP, a protein essential for dislocation of ERAD substrates, or inhibition of the proteasome all slowed degradation ..
- Intrinsic disorder in ubiquitination substratesTzachi Hagai
Department of Structural Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Mol Biol 412:319-24. 2011..They indicate that the folded domain must be perturbed by some additional factor, such as the p97 complex, or that ubiquitination may induce unfolding.
- Coxsackievirus B3 proteases 2A and 3C induce apoptotic cell death through mitochondrial injury and cleavage of eIF4GI but not DAP5/p97/NAT1David H W Chau
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The James Hogg iCAPTURE Centre, University of British Columbia, St Paul s Hospital, Room 166, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Apoptosis 12:513-24. 2007..Surprisingly, neither could cleave DAP5/p97/NAT1, a translation regulator, although this cleavage was observed during CVB3 infection and could not be blocked ..
- ATX-3, CDC-48 and UBXN-5: a new trimolecular complex in Caenorhabditis elegansAna João Rodrigues
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, School of Health Sciences, Campus de Gualtar, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:575-81. 2009..It was previously proposed that ataxin-3, along with the VCP/p97 protein, escorts ubiquitylated substrates for proteasomal degradation, although other players of this escort ..
- Solution structure and Rpn1 interaction of the UBL domain of human RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain phosphataseJi Hye Yun
Department of Biochemistry, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e62981. 2013..The positively charged residues of the β3-α2 loop are involved in interacting with the C-terminal leucine-rich repeat-like domain of Rpn1.
- Identification of ERAD components essential for dislocation of the null Hong Kong variant of α-1-antitrypsin (NHK)Yongwang Zhong
Center for Biomedical Engineering and Technology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 458:424-8. 2015..out of 21 ERAD components examined are required for efficient dislocation of NHK among which Hrd1, Sel1L, GRP94 and p97/VCP are critically required. In addition, knockdown of 7 of the 21 components enhanced NHK dislocation...
- Different dynamic movements of wild-type and pathogenic VCPs and their cofactors to damaged mitochondria in a Parkin-mediated mitochondrial quality control systemYoko Kimura
Laboratory of Protein Metabolism, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo, 156 8506, Japan
Genes Cells 18:1131-43. 2013VCP/p97 is a hexameric ring-shaped AAA(+) ATPase that participates in various ubiquitin-associated cellular functions...
- Induction of Myc-intron-binding polypeptides MIBP1 and RFX1 during retinoic acid-mediated differentiation of haemopoietic cellsM Zajac-Kaye
Department of Developmental Therapeutics, Medicine Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Biochem J 345:535-41. 2000..pattern detected in undifferentiated HL60 cells reflects the binding of two novel polypeptides, p30 and p97, that can be cross-linked to the same recognition intron sequence...
- Platelet HDL(3) binding sites are not related to integrin alpha(IIb)beta(3) (GPIIb-IIIa)J Pedreno
Facultat de Medicina, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Unitat de Recerca en Lipids i Arteriosclerosi, Sant Llorenç 21 Reus, Tarragona, Spain
Atherosclerosis 154:23-9. 2001..mAbs) against well-known epitopes of GPIIb (M3, M4, M5, M6, M8 and M95-2b) and GPIIIa (P23-7, P33, P37, P40, and P97) did not affect the binding of HDL(3) particles to human intact resting platelets...
- Mitotic phosphorylation of VCIP135 blocks p97ATPase-mediated Golgi membrane fusionGo Totsukawa
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 433:237-42. 2013..Golgi biogenesis requires two distinct p97ATPase-mediated membrane fusion, the p97/p47 and p97/p37 pathways...
- SVIP is a novel VCP/p97-interacting protein whose expression causes cell vacuolationMasami Nagahama
School of Life Science, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 14:262-73. 2003VCP/p97 is involved in a variety of cellular processes, including membrane fusion and ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation. It has been suggested that adaptor proteins such as p47 and Ufd1p confer functional versatility to VCP/p97...
- Valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97) is an activator of wild-type ataxin-3Mario N Laco
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
PLoS ONE 7:e43563. 2012..with two proteins previously described to interact with ataxin-3, hHR23A and valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97). We confirmed ataxin-3 affinity for both hHR23A and VCP/p97...
- A functional interferon regulatory factor-1 (IRF-1)-binding site in the upstream regulatory region (URR) of human papillomavirus type 16Istvan Arany
Department of Microbiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1070, USA
Virology 310:280-6. 2003..HIRE-1 stimulated transcription in response to IRF-1 or IFN gamma from both a heterologous or the homologous (p97) promoter in a dose-dependent manner...
- Cold-inducible expression of the cell division cycle gene CDC48 and its promotion of cell proliferation during cold acclimation in zebrafish cellsShintaro Imamura
National Research Institute of Fisheries Science, 2 12 4, Fukuura, Yokohama 236 8648, Japan
FEBS Lett 549:14-20. 2003..with diverse cellular activities (AAA) family, the cell division cycle gene CDC48/VCP (valosin-containing protein)/p97, was cloned from zebrafish and found to be a major cold-inducible protein in fish cells...
- A complex of mammalian ufd1 and npl4 links the AAA-ATPase, p97, to ubiquitin and nuclear transport pathwaysH H Meyer
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, SHM, C441, PO Box 208002, New Haven, CT 06520 8002, USA
EMBO J 19:2181-92. 2000The AAA-ATPase, p97/Cdc48p, has been implicated in many different pathways ranging from membrane fusion to ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation...
- Ste6p mutants defective in exit from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) reveal aspects of an ER quality control pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeD Loayza
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Biol Cell 9:2767-84. 1998..suppressors of the mating defect of one of the ER-retained ste6 mutants has identified a proteasome subunit, Hrd2p/p97, previously implicated in the regulated degradation of wild-type hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase in the ER ..
- Syntaxin 5 is a common component of the NSF- and p97-mediated reassembly pathways of Golgi cisternae from mitotic Golgi fragments in vitroC Rabouille
Cell Biology Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, United Kingdom
Cell 92:603-10. 1998A cell-free system that mimics the reassembly of Golgi stacks at the end of mitosis requires two ATPases, NSF and p97, to rebuild Golgi cisternae...
- Proteotoxic crisis, the ubiquitin-proteasome system, and cancer therapyRaymond J Deshaies
Division of Biology and Biological Engineering and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91107, CA, USA
BMC Biol 12:94. 2014..applicability, and discuss whether inhibiting other broadly acting components of the ubiquitin-proteasome system - including ubiquitin-activating enzyme and the AAA-ATPase p97/VCP - might be more generally effective in cancer therapy.
- Evaluating p97 inhibitor analogues for their domain selectivity and potency against the p97-p47 complexChen Jie Fang
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Harbor UCLA Medical Center and Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, 1124 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90502 USA School of Chemical Biology and Pharmaceutics, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069 P R China
ChemMedChem 10:52-6. 2015We previously found that p97 ATPase inhibitors 2-(2-amino-1H-benzo[d]imidazol-1-yl)-N-benzyl-8-methoxyquinazolin-4-amine (ML240) and 2-(2H-benzo[b][1,4]oxazin-4(3H)-yl)-N-benzyl-5,6,7,8-tetrahydroquinazolin-4-amine (ML241) specifically ..
- Cytolethal distending toxins require components of the ER-associated degradation pathway for host cell entryAria Eshraghi
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 10:e1004295. 2014..associated degradation (ERAD) machinery, Derlin-2 (Derl2), the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase Hrd1, and the AAA ATPase p97, are required for intoxication by some CDTs...
- Ran binding domains promote the interaction of Ran with p97/beta-karyopherin, linking the docking and translocation steps of nuclear importK M Lounsbury
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 271:2357-60. 1996..These data suggest a physical link between docking and translocation mediated by a Ran GTPase-Ran binding protein complex...
- Quality control of oxidatively damaged mitochondrial proteins is mediated by p97 and the proteasomeCharles Hemion
Department of Biomedicine, University Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Free Radic Biol Med 75:121-8. 2014..Here we report a role for the AAA ATPase p97/VCP and the proteasome in the quality control of oxidized mitochondrial proteins under low oxidative stress as well ..
- Cloning and functional analysis of the P97 swine cilium adhesin gene of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeT Hsu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
J Bacteriol 179:1317-23. 1997..Previous studies have implicated a 97-kDa outer membrane-associated protein, P97, that appeared to mediate this interaction...
- Evaluation of recombinant Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97/P102 paralogs formulated with selected adjuvants as vaccines against mycoplasmal pneumonia in pigsLauren K Woolley
NSW Department of Primary Industries, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Menangle, NSW 2568, Australia School of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Vaccine 32:4333-41. 2014..subunit vaccines containing fragments of eight multifunctional adhesins of the Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae (Mhp) P97/P102 paralog family formulated with Alhydrogel(®) or Montanide™ Gel01 were compared with a commercial bacterin ..
- ATP7A trafficking and mechanisms underlying the distal motor neuropathy induced by mutations in ATP7ALing Yi
Section on Translational Neuroscience, Molecular Medicine Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1314:49-54. 2014..Immunoprecipitation assays revealed abnormal interaction between ATP7A(T994I) and p97/VCP, a protein mutated in two autosomal dominant forms of motor neuron disease...
- The vesicle docking protein p115 binds GM130, a cis-Golgi matrix protein, in a mitotically regulated mannerN Nakamura
Cell Biology Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, United Kingdom
Cell 89:445-55. 1997..The peptide also inhibited the NSF- but not the p97-dependent reassembly of Golgi cisternae from mitotic fragments, unless it was mitotically phosphorylated...
- Quality control autophagy degrades soluble ERAD-resistant conformers of the misfolded membrane protein GnRHRScott A Houck
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cell 54:166-79. 2014..S168R-GnRHR is globally misfolded and disposed of via ERAD, but inhibition of p97, the protein retrotranslocation motor, shunts S168R-GnRHR from ERAD to ERQC autophagy...
- Distinct steps in dislocation of luminal endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation substrates: roles of endoplamic reticulum-bound p97/Cdc48p and proteasomeYechiel Elkabetz
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 279:3980-9. 2004..In vivo, this step occurs despite proteasome inhibition but requires p97/Cdc48p because substrates remain entrapped in ER lumen and are prevented from ubiquitination in cdc48 yeast strain...
- AAA ATPase p97/valosin-containing protein interacts with gp78, a ubiquitin ligase for endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradationXiaoyan Zhong
Medical Biotechnology Center, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 279:45676-84. 2004..AAA ATPase (ATPase associated with various cellular activities) p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) subsequently dislodges the ubiquitinated proteins from the ER and chaperones them ..
- Nuclear Membrane Fusion in Xenopus Egg ExtractsMartin W Hetzer; Fiscal Year: 2010..generated new information about the two major regulators of nuclear assembly, the GTPase Ran and the AAA-ATPase p97. Our specific aims are: 1...
- Control of mitochondrial proteostasis by AAA-ATPase p97Mariusz Karbowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, we also found that AAA- ATPase p97, a critical protein for the endoplasmic reticulum associated degradation (ERAD) pathway, is essential for both ..
- IBMPFD MUTATIONS IMPAIR UPS FUNCTIONConrad C Weihl; Fiscal Year: 2013..This link is strengthened further by the identification of mutations in the protein p97/VCP that cause the autosomal dominant syndrome, IBMPFD, IBM associated with paget's disease of the bone and ..
- Defining the role of ubiquitination in the regulation of lipid dropletsJames A Olzmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..findings identify a metabolically regulated LD ubiquitination pathway that involves UBXD8-mediated recruitment of p97/VCP and regulation LD turnover catalyzed by ATGL, the rate-limiting enzyme in lipolysis...
- Defining the role of ubiquitination in the regulation of lipid droplet functionJames A Olzmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..findings identify a metabolically regulated LD ubiquitination pathway that involves UBXD8-mediated recruitment of p97/VCP and regulation LD turnover catalyzed by ATGL, the rate-limiting enzyme in lipolysis...
- Role of Valosin-Containing Protein (VCP/p97) in Cadmium-Disturbed ProteostasisChangcheng Song; Fiscal Year: 2013..Valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97), a molecular chaperone, lies at the heart of proteostasis to unfold ubiquitinated proteins for proteasomal ..
- Ubiquitin and Cell Cycle Regulation of Golgi Membrane DynamicsYanzhuang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Reassembly is mediated by two ATPases (NSF and p97) that fuse the membranes...
- The role of p97 in protein degradation during aging and diseaseEUGENE DROKHLYANSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous studies support that p97 (known as VCP in metazoans and Cdc48 in yeast) is important for the degradation of damaged and misfolded proteins ..
- Recognition of non-ubiquitin signals at the proteasomeDavid Fushman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Of these subunits, the primary UBL-receptor is apparently Rpn1. The goal of the proposed research is to understand how the proteasome differentiates between ubiquitin and ..
- Mechanisms of VCP/p97 and Proteasomal pathway in COPD pathogenesisNeeraj Vij; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein levels of AAA (ATPase associated with diverse cellular activities) molecular chaperone and UPR modulator, p97/VCP (Valosin containing protein), are significantly upregulated in COPD peripheral lungs of smokers as compared to ..
- Understanding and targeting Nrf1-mediated proteasome recovery pathway in cancerSENTHIL KUMAR RADHAKRISHNAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aims during the independent phase are designed to understand the role of p97/VCP and its co-factors in Nrf1 activation and to identify novel chemical inhibitors of the Nrf1-mediated proteasome ..
- A Novel Mechanism for Toxin Export from the Endoplasmic Reticulum to the CytosolKENNETH R TETER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most ERAD substrates are extracted from the ER through a mechanism involving the cytosolic AAA ATPase p97. However, p97 appears to play a minimal role in CTA1 translocation...
- Exploring mechanisms of TDP-43 aggregation and disaggregationJames Shorter; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are particularly interested in how two AAA+ ATPases, Hsp104 and p97, might antagonize or reverse TDP-43 aggregation...
- Role of the Sec61 Translocon in EGF Receptor Trafficking and SignalingGRAHAM F CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2012..This includes HSP70 and p97, an ATPase that is tyrosine phosphorylated following the addition of EGF...
- SVIP and CMT1AJun Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..SVIP interacts with Valosin-Containing Protein (VCP;also called p97), a highly conserved ATPase that is ubiquitously distributed...
- CYTOPLASMIC FACTORS IN NUCLEAR PROTEIN IMPORTStephen Adam; Fiscal Year: 2000..Cytoplasmic assembly of a receptor complex composed of two transport factors, p97 and the NLS receptor is believed to precede docking of the complex at the nuclear pore...
- HPV-16 and head and neck cancerThomas Haugen; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the cervix and the head and neck contain and express the viral E6-E7 oncogenic region from a promoter at nt 97 (P97)...
- MEMBRANE FUSION ATPASES AND THE GOLGI APPARATUSAyano Satoh; Fiscal Year: 2007..The last granting period focused on the reassembly of Golgi cisternae that is catalyzed by two ATPases, NSF and p97. NSF was shown to have an activity additional to its well-characterized role in unraveling SNARE complexes...
- Influence of Heme on Hepatic Cytochrome P450 Synthesis and DegradationMaria Correia; Fiscal Year: 2007..ER extraction requires ATP hydrolysis and thus could involve either the p97 AAA ATPase or the proteasomal 19S AAA ATPases...
- The role of ubiquitination in Legionella pneumophila infection and disease.ALEXANDER ENSMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..vacuole (LCV) upon infection and a downstream component of the host ubiquitin-mediated proteolytic pathway, Cdc48/p97 is required for efficient intracellular growth of the bacteria. Additionally, the L...
- EPIDERMAL TRANS-ACTING FACTORS IN SKIN DEVELOPMENTRenata Polakowska; Fiscal Year: 1993..genes and a keratinocyte-dependent (KD) enhancer sequence element of the human papilloma virus-16 (HPV-16) p97 promoter. Viral KD-enhancer activation is restricted to keratinocytes...
- HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS-16 REGULATION IN CERVICAL CANCERLUBOMIR TUREK; Fiscal Year: 1991..and viral regulatory factors at the transcriptional promoter of the candidate E6-E7 oncogene region of HPV-16, P97, in transfection and DNA binding studies. Based on our recent data (Cripe et aL, 1987, ref...
- AAA ATPase p97/VCP and Inclusion Body MyopathyCONRAD WEIHL; Fiscal Year: 2009..Missense mutations in p97/VCP cause the autosomal dominantly syndrome HIBM, Paget's Disease and frontotemporal dementia (IBMPFD)...
- Role of Gab2 in Mast Cell Function and OntogenyHaihua Gu; Fiscal Year: 2006..long-term goal of this grant proposal is to understand the mechanism by which the novel scaffolding adapter Gab2/p97 regulates the biological responses of hematopoietic cells...
- ROLE OF BAG2 AND SHP2 IN HEMATOPOIETIC SIGNALLINGBENJAMIN NEEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..During the initial funding period, we identified, purified and cloned p97. p97 is a relative of Gab1 and Drosophila Dos, a regulator of the fly homolog of SHP-2; thus, we renamed p97 as ..
- Targeting JAK-3 with WHI-P97 for Treatment of AsthmaPeter Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2003..designed Janus kinase 3 (JAK3) inhibitor 4-(3',5'-dibromo-4'-hydroxyphenyl)- anmino-6,7-dirnethoxyquinazoline (WHI-P97) exhibits potent in vivo biologic activity in a mouse model of allergic asthma at nontoxic dose levels...
- HPV16-induced TGF-Beta resistance in human keratinocytesKIM CREEK; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, the molecular basis for the marked inhibition of HPV16 P97 promoter activity by TGF-beta will be investigated...
- THE MOLECULAR NATURE OF TUMOR ANTIGENSRICHARD WOODBURY; Fiscal Year: 1980..The other two melanoma-associated antigens are proteins with molecular weights of approximately 97,000 (p97) and 210,000 (p210), respectively...
- ANALYSIS OF THE PROTEASOME REGULATORY PARTICLEDaniel Finley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims are as follows: 1. To purify and characterize subcomplexes from the RP. 2. To test whether the Rpn1 subunit of the base is a general receptor for ubiquitin-like proteins. 3...
- GENE CAUSING PAGET & LIMB-GIRDLE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Delineation of the genetic component responsible for the LGMD/PDB phenotype should promise similar insight and facilitate in the design of novel treatment protocols for the two disorders. ..
- Single Molecule Studies of SNARE-Induced Vesicle FusionAxel T Brunger; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such a system could serve as an efficient model system for novel drug discovery. ..
- Genetic basis of myopathy with Paget disease of boneVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2008..e. effect on ATPase activity, protein-protein interactions, and hexamer formation). Study the VCP specific pathways in C2C12 cell lines (stably transfected wt and R155H VCP) during differentiation and under stress conditions...
- Characterization of Familial Myopathy & Paget DiseaseVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elucidation of the genetic defect will help us understand the pathogenesis of this multifaceted disorder and hopefully result in specific therapy. ..
- Mechanism of mitotic exit in budding yeastRaymond Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our work may also provide a useful paradigm for understanding how other pathways that employ reversible nucleolar sequestra - such as the ARF-Mdm2- p53 circuit - are regulated. ..
- Parkin mediated Neural Dysfunction in DrosophilaLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from this work should clarify the relationship between parkin dysfunction and neurodegeneration, and possibly reveal strategies for treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Mutational Analyses of Drosophila DJ-1 HomologsLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work should clarify the normal cellular role of DJ-1 and provide a foundation for further hypothesis-driven investigation of DJ-1 function. ..
- The role of hMLH1-hMRE11 in DNA mismatch repairChengtao Her; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Mechanisms of Abnormal Protein AggregationMichael Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploration of fundamental mechanisms of protein aggregation that we undertake in this project will help to understand the nature of several neurological disorders. ..
- Mtb Proteasome-Associated Factors and VirulenceKATERINA DARWIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together it will be important to develop faster acting drugs to new targets in Mtb in order to better treat tuberculosis in the future. ..
- High-Throughput Campaign to Identify Reversible Small Molecule Inhibitor of p97/CRaymond Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): p97 is an essential protein that plays a critical role in a number of different cellular processes...
- Proteomic analyses of Drosophila Parkinson's disease modelLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work should clarify the biological role of Parkin and will serve as a foundation for future hypothesis-driven investigation of parkin pathogenesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..