Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSMD2
Description: proteasome (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, non-ATPase, 2
Alias: P97, RPN1, TRAP2, 26S proteasome non-ATPase regulatory subunit 2, 55.11 protein, TNFR-associated protein 2, protein 55.11, tumor necrosis factor type 1 receptor-associated protein 2
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- Mechanisms targeting apolipoprotein B100 to proteasomal degradation: evidence that degradation is initiated by BiP binding at the N terminus and the formation of a p97 complex at the C terminusAngela C Rutledge
Molecular Structure and Function, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:579-85. 2009..Here we demonstrate key roles of BiP, an ER luminal chaperone, and p97, a cytosolic ATPase anchored to the ER membrane, in the targeting of apoB for proteasomal degradation.
- The UBX protein SAKS1 negatively regulates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation and p97-dependent degradationDavid P LaLonde
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 286:4892-901. 2011..The ATPase p97 acts as an essential component of this process by providing the force needed for retrotranslocation and by serving ..
- Reiterated repeat region variability in the ciliary adhesin gene of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJ L Wilton
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Microbiology 144:1931-43. 1998..analysis of the gene encoding the 94 kDa antigen revealed greater than 90% homology to two adhesin genes, encoding P97 and Mhp1, cloned from pathogenic strain 232 and strain P5722 of M. hyopneumoniae, respectively...
- A survey of iodine intake and thyroid volume in Dutch schoolchildren: reference values in an iodine-sufficient area and the effect of pubertyW M Wiersinga
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 144:595-603. 2001..Iodine deficiency and endemic goiter have been reported in the past in The Netherlands, especially in the southeast...
- A new translational regulator with homology to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4GH Imataka
Department of Biochemistry and McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
EMBO J 16:817-25. 1997..Here, we describe a new eukaryotic translational regulator (hereafter called p97) which exhibits 28% identity to the C-terminal two-thirds of eIF4G...
- Role of 26S proteasome and HRD genes in the degradation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase, an integral endoplasmic reticulum membrane proteinR Y Hampton
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0116, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:2029-44. 1996..The sequence of the HRD2 gene is homologous to the p97 activator of the 26S proteasome...
- Dislocation of HMG-CoA reductase and Insig-1, two polytopic endoplasmic reticulum proteins, en route to proteasomal degradationGil S Leichner
Department of Human Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 20:3330-41. 2009..Dislocation of HMG(350)-HA and Insig-1-Myc requires metabolic energy and involves the AAA-ATPase p97/VCP...
- Nuclear proto-oncogene products transactivate the human papillomavirus type 16 promoterW Nürnberg
Universitatsklinikum Rudolf Virchow, Hautklinik, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Br J Cancer 71:1018-24. 1995..study, we determined the trans-activating properties of nuclear proto-oncogene proteins c-Fos, c-Jun and c-Myc on P97 enhancer/promoter activity of HPV16...
- Domains of the growth hormone receptor required for association and activation of JAK2 tyrosine kinaseJ A Vanderkuur
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0622
J Biol Chem 269:21709-17. 1994..In CHO cells expressing mutated GHR, GH-dependent tyrosyl phosphorylation of cellular proteins (p121, p97, p42, and p39) was dependent on the ability to activate JAK2...
- Modified cell cycle status in a mouse model of altered neuronal vulnerability (slow Wallerian degeneration; Wlds)Thomas M Wishart
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
Genome Biol 9:R101. 2008..gene 1 (Pttg1); changes in the location/activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome machinery via binding to valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97); and modified synaptic expression of proteins such as ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1 (Ube1).
- Vaccine efficacy of the attenuated Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae YS-19 expressing a recombinant protein of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin against mycoplasmal pneumonia of swineYoshihiro Shimoji
National Institute of Animal Health, 3 1 5 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Vaccine 21:532-7. 2003..YS-19 strain was constructed for the purpose of delivering the C-terminal portion of the Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin to the mucosal surface of the respiratory tract of pigs...
- Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae YS-1 as a live vaccine vehicle for heterologous protein expression and intranasal immunization of pigsYoshihiro Shimoji
National Institute of Animal Health, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Infect Immun 70:226-32. 2002..The C-terminal portion, including two repeat regions, R1 and R2, of the P97 adhesin of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae strain E-1 was successfully translocated and expressed on the E...
- An efficient mammalian cell-free translation system supplemented with translation factorsSatoshi Mikami
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 46:348-57. 2006..eIF4E specifically stimulated capped mRNA translation, while p97, a homologue to the C-terminal two-thirds of eIF4G, increased uncapped mRNA translation...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of VAT, a CDC48/p97 ATPase homologue from the archaeon Thermoplasma acidophilumV Pamnani
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
FEBS Lett 404:263-8. 1997..homologue of SAV from Sulfolobus acidocaldarius and CdcH of Halobacterium salinarium, and belongs to the CDC48/VCP/p97 subfamily...
- The AAA-ATPase p97 facilitates degradation of apolipoprotein B by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayEric A Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Lipid Res 49:2149-60. 2008The ATPase associated with various cellular activities (AAA-ATPase) p97 (p97) has been implicated in the retrotranslocation of target proteins for delivery to the cytosolic proteasome during endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (..
- [Construction of the recombinant adenovirus expressing the C-terminal of the Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae p97 gene and its immune response]Chao Chen
Division of Bacterial Disease, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin 150001, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:465-70. 2009To construct recombinant adenovirus carrying C-Terminal of the adhesion factor gene p97 of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae (Mhp) so as to provide basis for further studying new type Mhp vaccine.
- Involvement of the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex in the regulated endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptorsKamil J Alzayady
Departments of Pharmacology and Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210 2339, USA
J Biol Chem 280:34530-7. 2005..Here, we examine this process and show in several mammalian cell types that the ATPase p97 associates with IP(3) receptors in response to hormonal stimuli that induce IP(3) receptor ubiquitination...
- Anti-p97/VCP antibodies: an autoantibody marker for a subset of primary biliary cirrhosis patients with milder disease?K Miyachi
First Diagnostic Division, Health Sciences Research Institute, Inc, Yokohama, Japan
Scand J Immunol 63:376-82. 2006..biliary cirrhosis (PBC) sera reacted with a 95 kDa cytosol protein (p95c) that was subsequently identified as a p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP)...
- Biocontrol of Phytophthora cactorum the causal agent of root and crown rot on apple (Malus domestica) by formulated Pseudomonas fluorescensM Farzaneh
Department of Plant Protection, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 72:891-900. 2007..Four strains (P60, P61, P96, and P97) of Pseudomonas fluorescens were selected for greenhouse trials...
- Association of the T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase with nuclear import factor p97T Tiganis
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724 2208, USA
J Biol Chem 272:21548-57. 1997..associated with residues 377-415 from the C terminus of the 48-kDa form of TCPTP, whereas the recognition site for p97 and p116 was mapped to residues 350-381 encompassing the TCPTP nuclear localization sequence (NLS)...
- Mhp493 (P216) is a proteolytically processed, cilium and heparin binding protein of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJody Wilton
NSW Department of Primary Industries, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
Mol Microbiol 71:566-82. 2009..We show here that Mhp493 (P216), a paralogue of the cilium adhesin P97 (Mhp183), is cleaved between amino acids 1040 and 1089 generating surface-accessible, heparin-binding proteins P120 ..
- Autoantibodies from primary biliary cirrhosis patients with anti-p95c antibodies bind to recombinant p97/VCP and inhibit in vitro nuclear envelope assemblyK Miyachi
Health Sciences Research Institute, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 136:568-73. 2004..To confirm the identity of this autoantigen, we used a full-length cDNA of the p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) to produce a radiolabelled recombinant protein that was then used in an ..
- Simultaneous down-regulation of tumor suppressor genes RBSP3/CTDSPL, NPRL2/G21 and RASSF1A in primary non-small cell lung cancerVera N Senchenko
Laboratory of Structural and Functional Genomics, Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
BMC Cancer 10:75. 2010..3 region. We have shown previously that homozygous deletions in AP20 and LUCA sub-regions often occurred in the same tumor (P < 10-6)...
- A novel function of the MA-3 domains in transformation and translation suppressor Pdcd4 is essential for its binding to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4AHsin Sheng Yang
Gene Regulation Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3894-906. 2004..translation initiation factors, including human eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) and DAP-5/NAT1/p97, as well as in the tumor suppressor Pdcd4. The function of the MA-3 domain is, however, unknown...
- Derlin-1 and p97/valosin-containing protein mediate the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of human V2 vasopressin receptorsIsabel Schwieger
Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie FMP, Campus Buch, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 73:697-708. 2008..for the first time that V2R mutants with different misfolded domains are able to coprecipitate the ERAD components p97/valosin-containing protein, Derlin-1 and the 26S proteasome regulatory subunit 7...
- Structure-based design of novel anticancer agentsF M Uckun
Drug Discovery Program, Parker Hughes Cancer Center, Parker Hughes Institute, 2665 Long Lake Road, St Paul, Minnesota55113, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 1:59-71. 2001..These include EGFR inhibitors such as the quinazoline derivative WHI-P97 and the leflunomide metabolite analog LFM-A12...
- Cdc48 is required for the stability of Cut1/separase in mitotic anaphaseNobuyasu Ikai
Department of Gene Mechanism, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Struct Biol 156:50-61. 2006..Cdc48/VCP/p97, an AAA ATPase, is involved in a variety of cellular activities, many of which are implicated in the proteasome-..
- A recombinant chimera composed of R1 repeat region of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin with Escherichia coli heat-labile enterotoxin B subunit elicits immune response in miceFabrício Rochedo Conceição
Centro de Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, CP 354, 96010 900 Pelotas, RS, Brazil
Vaccine 24:5734-43. 2006..was to develop and to evaluate in BALB/c mice a recombinant subunit vaccine (rLTBR1) containing the R1 region of P97 adhesin of M. hyopneumoniae (R1) fused to the B subunit of the heat-labile enterotoxin of Escherichia coli (LTB)...
- The AAA ATPase p97 links peptide N-glycanase to the endoplasmic reticulum-associated E3 ligase autocrine motility factor receptorGuangtao Li
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 450 Life Sciences Building, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8348-53. 2006....
- Improved yield and stability of L49-sFv-beta-lactamase, a single-chain antibody fusion protein for anticancer prodrug activation, by protein engineeringCharlotte F McDonagh
Seattle Genetics Inc, 21823 30th Drive SE, Bothell, Washington 98021, USA
Bioconjug Chem 14:860-9. 2003..L49-sFv-bL) combined with the prodrug C-Mel is an effective anticancer agent against tumor cells expressing the p97 antigen. However, large-scale production of L49-sFv-bL from refolded E...
- Selective inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation rescues DeltaF508-cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator and suppresses interleukin-8 levels: therapeutic implicationsNeeraj Vij
Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17369-78. 2006..b>p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) physically interacts with gp78/autocrine motility factor receptor to couple ..
- Potential use of a recombinant replication-defective adenovirus vector carrying the C-terminal portion of the P97 adhesin protein as a vaccine against Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae in swineFaust René Okamba
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, Universite du Quebec, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Vaccine 28:4802-9. 2010..The P97 adhesin protein of M...
- Dietary acrylamide exposure estimates for the United Kingdom and Ireland: comparison between semiprobabilistic and probabilistic exposure modelsCraig Mills
Food Standards Agency, 125 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NH, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 56:6039-45. 2008..consumer exposure was estimated as 0.61 microg/kg of body weight (bw)/day and high-level adult consumer exposure (P97.5) as 1.29 microg/kg of bw/day. The mean adult Irish consumer exposure was estimated as 0...
- The Ubx2 and Ubx3 cofactors direct Cdc48 activity to proteolytic and nonproteolytic ubiquitin-dependent processesRasmus Hartmann-Petersen
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, EH4 2XU Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 14:824-8. 2004Valosin-containing protein, VCP/p97 or Cdc48, is a eukaryotic ATPase involved in membrane fusion, protein transport, and protein degradation. We describe two proteins, Ubx2 and Ubx3, which interact with Cdc48 in fission yeast...
- Cdc48/p97-Ufd1-Npl4 antagonizes Aurora B during chromosome segregation in HeLa cellsGrzegorz Dobrynin
Centre for Medical Biotechnology, University of Duisburg Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:1571-80. 2011During exit from mitosis in Xenopus laevis egg extracts, the AAA+ ATPase Cdc48/p97 (also known as VCP in vertebrates) and its adapter Ufd1-Npl4 remove the kinase Aurora B from chromatin to allow nucleus formation...
- Pathogenesis of Paget's disease of boneStuart H Ralston
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Bone 43:819-25. 2008..These include TNFRSF11A, which encodes RANK, TNFRSF11B which encodes osteoprotegerin, VCP which encodes p97, and SQSTM1 which encodes p62...
- A role for the vesicle tethering protein, p115, in the post-mitotic stacking of reassembling Golgi cisternae in a cell-free systemJ Shorter
Cell Biology Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 146:57-70. 1999..fusion protein (NSF) attachment protein receptors (SNAREs) via two intersecting pathways controlled by the ATPases, p97 and NSF...
- Clinical studies in familial VCP myopathy associated with Paget disease of bone and frontotemporal dementiaVirginia E Kimonis
Division of Genetics and Metabolism, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:745-57. 2008..167320), is a progressive autosomal dominant disorder caused by mutations in the Valousin-containing protein (VCP, p97 or CDC48) gene. IBMPFD can be difficult to diagnose...
- Ran binding domains promote the interaction of Ran with p97/beta-karyopherin, linking the docking and translocation steps of nuclear importK M Lounsbury
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
J Biol Chem 271:2357-60. 1996..These data suggest a physical link between docking and translocation mediated by a Ran GTPase-Ran binding protein complex...
- Caenorhabditis elegans UBX cofactors for CDC-48/p97 control spermatogenesisYohei Sasagawa
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Genes Cells 15:1201-15. 2010UBX (ubiquitin regulatory X) domain-containing proteins act as cofactors for CDC-48/p97. CDC-48/p97 is essential for various cellular processes including retro-translocation in endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation, homotypic ..
- Reconstituted nuclei depleted of a vertebrate GLFG nuclear pore protein, p97, import but are defective in nuclear growth and replicationM A Powers
Department of Biology 0347, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0347
J Cell Biol 128:721-36. 1995..Such cell-free extracts contain three major N-acetylglucosaminylated proteins: p200, p97, and p60. Both p200 and p60 have been found to be components of the nuclear pore...
- Studies on peptide:N-glycanase-p97 interaction suggest that p97 phosphorylation modulates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradationGang Zhao
Center for Structural Biology, Deparatment of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8785-90. 2007During endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation, the multifunctional AAA ATPase p97 is part of a protein degradation complex. p97 associates via its N-terminal domain with various cofactors to recruit ubiquitinated substrates...
- A unique carrier for delivery of therapeutic compounds beyond the blood-brain barrierDelara Karkan
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e2469. 2008..capillaries, that comprise the BBB, possess an endogenous receptor that ferries an iron-transport protein, termed p97 (melanotransferrin), across the BBB...
- Liver cytochrome P450 3A endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation: a major role for the p97 AAA ATPase in cytochrome P450 3A extraction into the cytosolPoulomi Acharya
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
J Biol Chem 286:3815-28. 2011..Given this topology, it was unclear whether they would require the AAA-ATPase p97 chaperone complex that retrotranslocates/dislocates ubiquitinated ER-integral and luminal proteins into the cytosol ..
- The crystal structure of the C-terminal DAP5/p97 domain sheds light on the molecular basis for its processing by caspase cleavageNoa Liberman
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Mol Biol 383:539-48. 2008DAP5/p97 (death-associated protein 5) is a member of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G family. It functions as a scaffold protein promoting cap-independent translation of proteins...
- VAT, the thermoplasma homolog of mammalian p97/VCP, is an N domain-regulated protein unfoldaseAlexandra Gerega
Department of Molecular Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:42856-62. 2005..Thermoplasma acidophilum (VAT) ATPase is a member of the two-domain AAA ATPases and homologous to the mammalian p97/VCP and NSF proteins...
- Stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1 is associated with insulin resistance in morbidly obese subjectsSara García-Serrano
CIBER Diabetes and Associated Metabolic Disorders, ISCIII, Spain
Mol Med 17:273-80. 2011..and their association with insulin resistance, sterol regulatory element binding protein-1 (SREBP-1) and ATPase p97, proteins involved in SCD1 synthesis and degradation...
- VCP/p97 AAA-ATPase does not interact with the endogenous wild-type cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulatorRebecca F Goldstein
Department of Cell Biology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Gregory Fleming James Cystic Fibrosis Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0005, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:706-14. 2007..a proteomics screen to identify DeltaF508 CFTR interacting proteins, we found that valosin-containing protein (VCP)/p97, a Type II AAA ATPase that is a component of the retrotranslocation machinery, binds DeltaF508 CFTR, and this ..
- Ubiquitination regulates the assembly of VLDL in HepG2 cells and is the committing step of the apoB-100 ERAD pathwayEric A Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1X5
J Lipid Res 52:1170-80. 2011..The ubiquitin ligase gp78 and the AAA-ATPase p97 have been implicated in the proteasomal degradation of apoB-100...
- Death-associated protein 5 (DAP5/p97/NAT1) contributes to retinoic acid-induced granulocytic differentiation and arsenic trioxide-induced apoptosis in acute promyelocytic leukemiaBulent Ozpolat
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 422, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Apoptosis 13:915-28. 2008..Here we investigated the role and regulation of death-associated protein-5 (DAP5/p97/NAT1), a novel inhibitor of translational initiation, in APL cell differentiation and apoptosis...
- Derlin-1 promotes the efficient degradation of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) and CFTR folding mutantsFei Sun
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 281:36856-63. 2006A complex involving Derlin-1 and p97 mediates the retrotranslocation and endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-associated degradation of misfolded proteins in yeast and is used by certain viruses to promote host cell protein degradation (Romisch, K...
- Development of a dual-color, double fusion FISH assay to detect RPN1/EVI1 gene fusion associated with inv(3), t(3;3), and ins(3;3) in patients with myelodysplasia and acute myeloid leukemiaBrandon M Shearer
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Laboratory Genetics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 85:569-74. 2010Approximately 2-3% of adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia harbor a rearrangement of RPN1 (at 3q21) and EVI1 (at 3q26.2) as inv(3)(q21q26.2), t(3;3)(q21;q26.2), or ins(3;3)(q26.2;q21q26.2)...
- Molecular analysis of the P97 cilium adhesin operon of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeT Hsu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Gene 214:13-23. 1998..hyopneumoniae to the cilia of swine respiratory epithelium through an interaction involving P97, a surface-associated protein, and cilia-specific receptors...
- An Alu-linked repetitive sequence corresponding to 280 amino acids is expressed in a novel bovine protein, but not in its human homologueT Nobukuni
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo 194
J Biol Chem 272:2801-7. 1997..The protein has an apparent molecular mass of 97 kDa (p97)...
- AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p, a cytosolic chaperone required for endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradationEfrat Rabinovich
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 22:626-34. 2002..Here we implicate the cytosolic chaperone AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p in ERAD...
- Role of p97 AAA-ATPase in the retrotranslocation of the cholera toxin A1 chain, a non-ubiquitinated substrateMichael Kothe
GI Cell Biology, Children s Hospital Boston, the Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:28127-32. 2005..are modified by the attachment of polyubiquitin chains and moved into the cytosol by the ubiquitin-interacting p97 ATPase complex...
- RanGTP targets p97 to RanBP2, a filamentous protein localized at the cytoplasmic periphery of the nuclear pore complexC Delphin
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:2379-90. 1997..Using in vitro assays, we characterized the ability of RanBP2 to bind p97, a cytosolic factor implicated in the association of the nuclear localization signal receptor with the NPC...
- AAA ATPase p97/valosin-containing protein interacts with gp78, a ubiquitin ligase for endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradationXiaoyan Zhong
Medical Biotechnology Center, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 279:45676-84. 2004..AAA ATPase (ATPase associated with various cellular activities) p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) subsequently dislodges the ubiquitinated proteins from the ER and chaperones them ..
- [Case of primary biliary cirrhosis patient with anti-p97/VCP antibodies presenting a mild clinical course]Kiyomitsu Miyachi
Keigu Clinic, Yokohama 230 0023
Rinsho Byori 53:19-23. 2005In this study, we present a case of mild PBC that had anti-p97/VCP. A 53-year-old woman had been suspected of having chronic liver disease since 1983. In 1998, she visited the clinic, complaining of struma and pruritus...
- p97 as a biomarker for Alzheimer diseaseMaki Ujiie
Biotechnology Laboratory and the Biomedical Research Centre Department of Medical Genetics, 2222 Health Sciences Mall, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3
Front Biosci 7:e42-7. 2002..Our studies have demonstrated that the level of the iron transport protein, p97, is increased in the serum of AD patients but not in various control groups...
- A novel connexin43-interacting protein, CIP75, which belongs to the UbL-UBA protein family, regulates the turnover of connexin43Xinli Li
Natural Products and Cancer Biology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
J Biol Chem 283:5748-59. 2008..Interestingly, the UbL domain interacts with the S2/RPN1 and S5a/RPN10 protein subunits of the regulatory 19 S proteasome cap subunit of the 26 S proteasome complex...
- p97 functions as an auxiliary factor to facilitate TM domain extraction during CFTR ER-associated degradationEric J Carlson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, 97239, USA
EMBO J 25:4557-66. 2006The AAA-ATPase (ATPase associated with various cellular activities) p97 has been implicated in the degradation of misfolded and unassembled proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum (ERAD)...
- Role of Cdc48/p97 as a SUMO-targeted segregase curbing Rad51-Rad52 interactionSteven Bergink
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 15:526-32. 2013Cdc48 (also known as p97), a conserved chaperone-like ATPase, plays a strategic role in the ubiquitin system...
- A conserved protein with AN1 zinc finger and ubiquitin-like domains modulates Cdc48 (p97) function in the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayBebiana Sá-Moura
From the Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
J Biol Chem 288:33682-96. 2013..These processes are catalyzed by the conserved AAA-ATPase Cdc48 (also known as p97)...
- Covalent and allosteric inhibitors of the ATPase VCP/p97 induce cancer cell deathPaola Magnaghi
Business Unit Oncology, Nerviano Medical Sciences, Nerviano, Italy
Nat Chem Biol 9:548-56. 2013VCP (also known as p97 or Cdc48p in yeast) is an AAA(+) ATPase regulating endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation...
- Calorimetric studies of melanotransferrin (p97) and its interaction with ironA Louise Creagh
Michael Smith Laboratories and Biomedical Research Centre, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:15735-41. 2005The mammalian molecule melanotransferrin (mTf), also called p97, is a member of the transferrin family of molecules...
- p97 Is in a complex with cholera toxin and influences the transport of cholera toxin and related toxins to the cytoplasmRamzey J Abujarour
Molecular and Cell Biology Department, The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas 75083 0688, USA
J Biol Chem 280:15865-71. 2005..The AAA ATPase p97 (also called valosin-containing protein) participates in the retro-translocation of cellular endoplasmic reticulum-..
- Structure, dynamics and interactions of p47, a major adaptor of the AAA ATPase, p97Xuemei Yuan
Department of Biological Sciences, Wolfson Laboratories, Imperial College London, South Kensington, London, UK
EMBO J 23:1463-73. 2004p47 is a major adaptor molecule of the cytosolic AAA ATPase p97. The principal role of the p97-p47 complex is in regulation of membrane fusion events...
- ATPase activity of p97-valosin-containing protein (VCP). D2 mediates the major enzyme activity, and D1 contributes to the heat-induced activityChangcheng Song
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 278:3648-55. 2003The 97-kDa valosin-containing protein (p97-VCP) plays a role in a wide variety of cellular activities, many of which are regulated by the ubiquitin-proteasome (Ub-Pr)-mediated degradation pathway...
- Combined inhibition of p97 and the proteasome causes lethal disruption of the secretory apparatus in multiple myeloma cellsHolger W Auner
Gene Regulation and Chromatin Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom Centre for Haematology, Department of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e74415. 2013..The ATPase p97 (VCP/Cdc48) has key roles in mediating both ERAD and non-proteasomal protein degradation and can be targeted ..
- High-speed atomic force microscopic observation of ATP-dependent rotation of the AAA+ chaperone p97Kentaro Noi
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan The Global COE Cell Fate Regulation Research and Education Unit, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Structure 21:1992-2002. 2013b>p97 (also called VCP and CDC-48) is an AAA+ chaperone, which consists of a substrate/cofactor-binding N domain and two ATPase domains (D1 and D2), and forms a homo-hexameric ring...
- AAA ATPase p97/VCP is essential for TRIM21-mediated virus neutralizationFelix Hauler
Protein and Nucleic Acid Chemistry Division, Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, CB2 0QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:19733-8. 2012..Here, we identify the ATPase p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP), an enzyme with segregase and unfoldase activity, as a key player in this process...
- Roles of p97-associated deubiquitinases in protein quality control at the endoplasmic reticulumYanfen Liu
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr Protein Pept Sci 13:436-46. 2012..Intriguingly, many ERAD specific DUBs are physically associated with the retrotranslocation- driving ATPase p97. Here we discuss the potential functions of p97-associated DUBs including ataxin-3 and YOD1...
- Real-time determination of the activity of ATPase by use of a water-soluble polythiopheneUmit Hakan Yildiz
Center for Biomimetic Sensor Science, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Singapore
Anal Bioanal Chem 404:2369-75. 2012This contribution introduces a fluorescence assay for real-time determination of the activity of p97/VCP, a 540-kDa homo-hexameric enzyme, belonging to the AAA-ATPase family...
- Growing sphere of influence: Cdc48/p97 orchestrates ubiquitin-dependent extraction from chromatinNico P Dantuma
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Von Eulers vag 3, S 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Trends Cell Biol 22:483-91. 2012The AAA (ATPases associated with various cellular activities) family member Cdc48/p97 is best known for its role in ubiquitin-dependent proteasomal degradation of aberrant endoplasmic reticulum (ER) proteins, a process known as ER-..
- NEDD8 links cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase function to the p97 pathwayWillem den Besten
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:511-6, S1. 2012The AAA+ ATPase p97 and its UBA-UBX cofactors are thought to extract ubiquitinated proteins from membranes or protein complexes as a prelude to their degradation...
- Expanding into new markets--VCP/p97 in endocytosis and autophagyMonika Bug
Centre for Medical Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology, University of Duisburg Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Struct Biol 179:78-82. 2012The AAA-ATPase p97 (also called VCP for Valosin-containing protein) is essential for a number of cellular processes as diverse as ER-associated degradation, DNA damage response, and cell cycle control...
- FAT10 and NUB1L bind to the VWA domain of Rpn10 and Rpn1 to enable proteasome-mediated proteolysisNeha Rani
Division of Immunology, Department of Biology, University of Constance, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Nat Commun 3:749. 2012..identify the 26S proteasome subunit hRpn10/S5a as the receptor for FAT10, whereas NUB1L can bind to both Rpn10 and Rpn1/S2. Unexpectedly, FAT10 and NUB1L both interact with hRpn10 via the VWA domain...
- Rpn1 and Rpn2 coordinate ubiquitin processing factors at proteasomeRina Rosenzweig
Department of Biology, Technion Institute of Technology, 32000 Haifa, Israel
J Biol Chem 287:14659-71. 2012..dock at two different receptor sites embedded within a single subunit of the 19 S proteasome regulatory particle, Rpn1. Their association/dissociation constants and affinities for Rpn1 are similar...
- RNA interference of valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97) reveals multiple cellular roles linked to ubiquitin/proteasome-dependent proteolysisCezary Wojcik
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
J Cell Sci 117:281-92. 2004We have used RNA interference (RNAi) to examine the functional relationship between valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97/Cdc48p/TER94) ATPase and the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) in Drosophila S2 and human HeLa cells...
- The role of the N-domain in the ATPase activity of the mammalian AAA ATPase p97/VCPHajime Niwa
Centre for Structural Biology, Division of Molecular Biosciences, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:8561-70. 2012b>p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) is a type II ATPase associated with various cellular activities that forms a homohexamer with each protomer containing an N-terminal domain (N-domain); two ATPase domains, D1 and D2; and a disordered ..
- Proteomic identification of putative biomarkers of radiotherapy resistance: a possible role for the 26S proteasome?Laura Smith
Cancer Biology Proteomics Group, Postgraduate Medical Institute of the University of Hull, Hull, UK
Neoplasia 11:1194-207. 2009..We aimed to identify putative predictive protein biomarkers of radioresistance...
- Melanoma-associated markers expression in blood: MUC-18 is associated with advanced stages in melanoma patientsM C Rapanotti
Department of Internal Medicine, Policlinico di Tor Vergata PTV, Rome, Italy
Br J Dermatol 160:338-44. 2009..Multimarker reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) was originally reported to reveal melanoma-associated mRNAs (MAMs) in melanoma cells but not in the peripheral blood of healthy individuals...
- Cellular factor YY1 downregulates the human papillomavirus 16 E6/E7 promoter, P97, in vivo and in vitro from a negative element overlapping the transcription-initiation siteMichael J Lace
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
J Gen Virol 90:2402-12. 2009..HPV-16) upstream regulatory region (URR) positively and negatively regulate the viral E6 and E7 oncogene promoter, P97. DNase I footprinting has revealed the binding of cellular proteins to two previously undetected cis elements ..
- Development of a quantitative Real-Time TaqMan PCR assay for determination of the minimal dose of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae strain 116 required to induce pneumonia in SPF pigsC Marois
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, Unité de Mycoplasmologie Bactériologie, Ploufragan, France
J Appl Microbiol 108:1523-33. 2010..The minimal dose of Myc. hyopneumoniae required to induce pneumonia in specific pathogen-free pigs was determined...
- Regulation of ER-associated degradation via p97/VCP-interacting motifPetek Ballar
Ege University, School of Pharmacy, Biochemistry Department, Izmir 35100, Turkey
Biochem Soc Trans 36:818-22. 2008b>p97/VCP (valosin-containing protein) is a cytosolic AAA (ATPase associated with various cellular activities) essential for retrotranslocation of misfolded proteins during ERAD [ER (endoplasmic reticulum)-associated degradation]...
- Caenorhabditis elegans p97 controls germline-specific sex determination by controlling the TRA-1 level in a CUL-2-dependent mannerYohei Sasagawa
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Cell Sci 122:3663-72. 2009b>p97 (CDC-48 in Caenorhabditis elegans) is a ubiquitin-selective AAA (ATPases associated with diverse cellular activities) chaperone and its key function is to disassemble protein complexes...
- A conserved unfoldase activity for the p97 AAA-ATPase in proteasomal degradationAnne Beskow
Department of Genetics Microbiology and Toxicology, Stockholm University, Stockholm S 10691, Sweden
J Mol Biol 394:732-46. 2009The multifunctional AAA-ATPase p97 is one of the most abundant and conserved proteins in eukaryotic cells...
- In situ localization of melanotransferrin (melanoma-associated antigen P97) in human liver. A light- and electronmicroscopic immunohistochemical studyR Sciot
Department of Pathology II, University Hospital St Rafael, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Liver 9:110-9. 1989....
- Isolation of a point-mutated p47 lacking binding affinity to p97ATPaseYayoi Kaneko
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
FEBS Lett 584:3873-7. 2010p47, a p97-binding protein, functions in Golgi membrane fusion together with p97 and VCIP135, another p97-binding protein. We have succeeded in creating p47 with a point mutation, F253S, which lacks p97-binding affinity...
- Hierarchical binding of cofactors to the AAA ATPase p97Petra Hänzelmann
Rudolf Virchow Center for Experimental Biomedicine, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Structure 19:833-43. 2011The hexameric AAA ATPase p97 is involved in several human proteinopathies and mediates ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation among other essential cellular processes...
- Cellular functions of Ufd2 and Ufd3 in proteasomal protein degradation depend on Cdc48 bindingStefanie Böhm
Department of Biochemistry, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Am Hubland, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 31:1528-39. 2011The chaperone-related AAA ATPase Cdc48 (p97/VCP in higher eukaryotes) segregates ubiquitylated proteins for subsequent degradation by the 26S proteasome or for nonproteolytic fates...
- The general definition of the p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP)-interacting motif (VIM) delineates a new family of p97 cofactorsChristopher Stapf
Department of Biochemistry, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Am Hubland, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:38670-8. 2011Cellular functions of the essential, ubiquitin-selective AAA ATPase p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) are controlled by regulatory cofactors determining substrate specificity and fate...
- Mitochondrial quality control by the ubiquitin-proteasome systemEric B Taylor
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84199, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 39:1509-13. 2011..Reminiscent of ERAD [ER (endoplasmic reticulum)-associated degradation], Cdc48 (cell division cycle 42)/p97 is recruited to stressed mitochondria, extracts ubiquitinated proteins from the OMM and presents ubiquitinated ..
- TDP-43 mediates degeneration in a novel Drosophila model of disease caused by mutations in VCP/p97Gillian P Ritson
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 30:7729-39. 2010..VCP (p97 in mouse, TER94 in Drosophila melanogaster, and CDC48 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae) is a highly conserved AAA(+) (..
- Identification of Caspase-6-mediated processing of the valosin containing protein (p97) in Alzheimer's disease: a novel link to dysfunction in ubiquitin proteasome system-mediated protein degradationDalia Halawani
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1E2, Canada
J Neurosci 30:6132-42. 2010The valosin-containing protein (p97) is a ubiquitin-dependent ATPase that plays central roles in ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS)-mediated protein degradation pathways...
- Inclusion body myopathy, Paget's disease of the bone and fronto-temporal dementia: a disorder of autophagyJeong Sun Ju
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:R38-45. 2010..the bone and fronto-temporal dementia (IBMPFD) is a progressive autosomal dominant disorder caused by mutations in p97/VCP (valosin-containing protein)...
- Expression of p97/VCP and ubiquitin during postnatal development of the degenerating rat retinaHuseyin Ortak
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Gaziosmanpasa University, Tokat, Turkey
J Mol Histol 43:17-25. 2012In this study, we aimed to investigate the distribution pattern of ubiquitin and p97/VCP in the rat retina during postnatal development...
- Transgenic mice expressing mutant forms VCP/p97 recapitulate the full spectrum of IBMPFD including degeneration in muscle, brain and boneSara K Custer
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research, Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:1741-55. 2010..VCP (p97 in mouse, TER94 in Drosophila melanogaster and CDC48 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae) is a highly conserved AAA(+)-..
- Endotoxin conditioning induces VCP/p97-mediated and inducible nitric-oxide synthase-dependent Tyr284 nitration in protein phosphatase 2ATakashi Ohama
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Center for Cell Signaling, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 285:8711-8. 2010..form of PP2A by chromatography plus immunoprecipitation and used mass spectrometry to identify VCP/p97 as a novel partner for PP2Ac...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of the N domain of p97/VCP in complex with the UBX domain of FAF1Hwa Young Shin
Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Soongsil University, Seoul 156 743, Republic of Korea
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 66:41-3. 2010b>p97/VCP is a multifunctional AAA(+)-family ATPase that is involved in diverse cellular processes. p97/VCP directly interacts with various adaptors for activity in different biochemical contexts...
- Nuclear Membrane Fusion in Xenopus Egg ExtractsMartin W Hetzer; Fiscal Year: 2010..generated new information about the two major regulators of nuclear assembly, the GTPase Ran and the AAA-ATPase p97. Our specific aims are: 1...
- CYTOPLASMIC FACTORS IN NUCLEAR PROTEIN IMPORTStephen Adam; Fiscal Year: 2000..Cytoplasmic assembly of a receptor complex composed of two transport factors, p97 and the NLS receptor is believed to precede docking of the complex at the nuclear pore...
- MEMBRANE FUSION ATPASES AND THE GOLGI APPARATUSAyano Satoh; Fiscal Year: 2007..The last granting period focused on the reassembly of Golgi cisternae that is catalyzed by two ATPases, NSF and p97. NSF was shown to have an activity additional to its well-characterized role in unraveling SNARE complexes...
- Influence of Heme on Hepatic Cytochrome P450 Synthesis and DegradationMaria Correia; Fiscal Year: 2007..ER extraction requires ATP hydrolysis and thus could involve either the p97 AAA ATPase or the proteasomal 19S AAA ATPases...
- Mechanisms of VCP/p97 and Proteasomal pathway in COPD pathogenesisNeeraj Vij; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein levels of AAA (ATPase associated with diverse cellular activities) molecular chaperone and UPR modulator, p97/VCP (Valosin containing protein), are significantly upregulated in COPD peripheral lungs of smokers as compared to ..
- EPIDERMAL TRANS-ACTING FACTORS IN SKIN DEVELOPMENTRenata Polakowska; Fiscal Year: 1993..genes and a keratinocyte-dependent (KD) enhancer sequence element of the human papilloma virus-16 (HPV-16) p97 promoter. Viral KD-enhancer activation is restricted to keratinocytes...
- The role of ubiquitination in Legionella pneumophila infection and disease.ALEXANDER ENSMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..vacuole (LCV) upon infection and a downstream component of the host ubiquitin-mediated proteolytic pathway, Cdc48/p97 is required for efficient intracellular growth of the bacteria. Additionally, the L...
- HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS-16 REGULATION IN CERVICAL CANCERLUBOMIR TUREK; Fiscal Year: 1991..and viral regulatory factors at the transcriptional promoter of the candidate E6-E7 oncogene region of HPV-16, P97, in transfection and DNA binding studies. Based on our recent data (Cripe et aL, 1987, ref...
- Role of Gab2 in Mast Cell Function and OntogenyHaihua Gu; Fiscal Year: 2006..long-term goal of this grant proposal is to understand the mechanism by which the novel scaffolding adapter Gab2/p97 regulates the biological responses of hematopoietic cells...
- ROLE OF BAG2 AND SHP2 IN HEMATOPOIETIC SIGNALLINGBENJAMIN NEEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..During the initial funding period, we identified, purified and cloned p97. p97 is a relative of Gab1 and Drosophila Dos, a regulator of the fly homolog of SHP-2; thus, we renamed p97 as ..
- AAA ATPase p97/VCP and Inclusion Body MyopathyCONRAD WEIHL; Fiscal Year: 2009..Missense mutations in p97/VCP cause the autosomal dominantly syndrome HIBM, Paget's Disease and frontotemporal dementia (IBMPFD)...
- Targeting JAK-3 with WHI-P97 for Treatment of AsthmaPeter Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2003..designed Janus kinase 3 (JAK3) inhibitor 4-(3',5'-dibromo-4'-hydroxyphenyl)- anmino-6,7-dirnethoxyquinazoline (WHI-P97) exhibits potent in vivo biologic activity in a mouse model of allergic asthma at nontoxic dose levels...
- HPV16-induced TGF-Beta resistance in human keratinocytesKIM CREEK; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, the molecular basis for the marked inhibition of HPV16 P97 promoter activity by TGF-beta will be investigated...