Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSMD2
Description: proteasome (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, non-ATPase, 2
Alias: P97, RPN1, TRAP2, 55.11 protein, TNFR-associated protein 2, protein 55.11, tumor necrosis factor type 1 receptor-associated protein 2
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- The UBX protein SAKS1 negatively regulates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation and p97-dependent degradationDavid P LaLonde
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 286:4892-901. 2011..The ATPase p97 acts as an essential component of this process by providing the force needed for retrotranslocation and by serving ..
- Reiterated repeat region variability in the ciliary adhesin gene of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJ L Wilton
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Microbiology 144:1931-43. 1998..analysis of the gene encoding the 94 kDa antigen revealed greater than 90% homology to two adhesin genes, encoding P97 and Mhp1, cloned from pathogenic strain 232 and strain P5722 of M. hyopneumoniae, respectively...
- A survey of iodine intake and thyroid volume in Dutch schoolchildren: reference values in an iodine-sufficient area and the effect of pubertyW M Wiersinga
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 144:595-603. 2001..Iodine deficiency and endemic goiter have been reported in the past in The Netherlands, especially in the southeast...
- A new translational regulator with homology to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4GH Imataka
Department of Biochemistry and McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
EMBO J 16:817-25. 1997..Here, we describe a new eukaryotic translational regulator (hereafter called p97) which exhibits 28% identity to the C-terminal two-thirds of eIF4G...
- Role of 26S proteasome and HRD genes in the degradation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase, an integral endoplasmic reticulum membrane proteinR Y Hampton
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0116, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:2029-44. 1996..The sequence of the HRD2 gene is homologous to the p97 activator of the 26S proteasome...
- Dislocation of HMG-CoA reductase and Insig-1, two polytopic endoplasmic reticulum proteins, en route to proteasomal degradationGil S Leichner
Department of Human Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 20:3330-41. 2009..Dislocation of HMG(350)-HA and Insig-1-Myc requires metabolic energy and involves the AAA-ATPase p97/VCP...
- Nuclear proto-oncogene products transactivate the human papillomavirus type 16 promoterW Nürnberg
Universitatsklinikum Rudolf Virchow, Hautklinik, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Br J Cancer 71:1018-24. 1995..study, we determined the trans-activating properties of nuclear proto-oncogene proteins c-Fos, c-Jun and c-Myc on P97 enhancer/promoter activity of HPV16...
- Domains of the growth hormone receptor required for association and activation of JAK2 tyrosine kinaseJ A Vanderkuur
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0622
J Biol Chem 269:21709-17. 1994..In CHO cells expressing mutated GHR, GH-dependent tyrosyl phosphorylation of cellular proteins (p121, p97, p42, and p39) was dependent on the ability to activate JAK2...
- Modified cell cycle status in a mouse model of altered neuronal vulnerability (slow Wallerian degeneration; Wlds)Thomas M Wishart
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
Genome Biol 9:R101. 2008..gene 1 (Pttg1); changes in the location/activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome machinery via binding to valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97); and modified synaptic expression of proteins such as ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1 (Ube1).
- Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae YS-1 as a live vaccine vehicle for heterologous protein expression and intranasal immunization of pigsYoshihiro Shimoji
National Institute of Animal Health, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Infect Immun 70:226-32. 2002..The C-terminal portion, including two repeat regions, R1 and R2, of the P97 adhesin of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae strain E-1 was successfully translocated and expressed on the E...
- An efficient mammalian cell-free translation system supplemented with translation factorsSatoshi Mikami
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 46:348-57. 2006..eIF4E specifically stimulated capped mRNA translation, while p97, a homologue to the C-terminal two-thirds of eIF4G, increased uncapped mRNA translation...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of VAT, a CDC48/p97 ATPase homologue from the archaeon Thermoplasma acidophilumV Pamnani
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
FEBS Lett 404:263-8. 1997..homologue of SAV from Sulfolobus acidocaldarius and CdcH of Halobacterium salinarium, and belongs to the CDC48/VCP/p97 subfamily...
- The AAA-ATPase p97 facilitates degradation of apolipoprotein B by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayEric A Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Lipid Res 49:2149-60. 2008The ATPase associated with various cellular activities (AAA-ATPase) p97 (p97) has been implicated in the retrotranslocation of target proteins for delivery to the cytosolic proteasome during endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (..
- Involvement of the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex in the regulated endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptorsKamil J Alzayady
Departments of Pharmacology and Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210 2339, USA
J Biol Chem 280:34530-7. 2005..Here, we examine this process and show in several mammalian cell types that the ATPase p97 associates with IP(3) receptors in response to hormonal stimuli that induce IP(3) receptor ubiquitination...
- [Construction of the recombinant adenovirus expressing the C-terminal of the Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae p97 gene and its immune response]Chao Chen
Division of Bacterial Disease, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin 150001, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:465-70. 2009To construct recombinant adenovirus carrying C-Terminal of the adhesion factor gene p97 of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae (Mhp) so as to provide basis for further studying new type Mhp vaccine.
- Autoantibodies from primary biliary cirrhosis patients with anti-p95c antibodies bind to recombinant p97/VCP and inhibit in vitro nuclear envelope assemblyK Miyachi
Health Sciences Research Institute, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 136:568-73. 2004..To confirm the identity of this autoantigen, we used a full-length cDNA of the p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) to produce a radiolabelled recombinant protein that was then used in an ..
- Anti-p97/VCP antibodies: an autoantibody marker for a subset of primary biliary cirrhosis patients with milder disease?K Miyachi
First Diagnostic Division, Health Sciences Research Institute, Inc, Yokohama, Japan
Scand J Immunol 63:376-82. 2006..biliary cirrhosis (PBC) sera reacted with a 95 kDa cytosol protein (p95c) that was subsequently identified as a p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP)...
- Simultaneous down-regulation of tumor suppressor genes RBSP3/CTDSPL, NPRL2/G21 and RASSF1A in primary non-small cell lung cancerVera N Senchenko
Laboratory of Structural and Functional Genomics, Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
BMC Cancer 10:75. 2010..3 region. We have shown previously that homozygous deletions in AP20 and LUCA sub-regions often occurred in the same tumor (P < 10-6)...
- Association of the T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase with nuclear import factor p97T Tiganis
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724 2208, USA
J Biol Chem 272:21548-57. 1997..associated with residues 377-415 from the C terminus of the 48-kDa form of TCPTP, whereas the recognition site for p97 and p116 was mapped to residues 350-381 encompassing the TCPTP nuclear localization sequence (NLS)...
- Biocontrol of Phytophthora cactorum the causal agent of root and crown rot on apple (Malus domestica) by formulated Pseudomonas fluorescensM Farzaneh
Department of Plant Protection, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 72:891-900. 2007..Four strains (P60, P61, P96, and P97) of Pseudomonas fluorescens were selected for greenhouse trials...
- Mhp493 (P216) is a proteolytically processed, cilium and heparin binding protein of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJody Wilton
NSW Department of Primary Industries, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
Mol Microbiol 71:566-82. 2009..We show here that Mhp493 (P216), a paralogue of the cilium adhesin P97 (Mhp183), is cleaved between amino acids 1040 and 1089 generating surface-accessible, heparin-binding proteins P120 ..
- A novel function of the MA-3 domains in transformation and translation suppressor Pdcd4 is essential for its binding to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4AHsin Sheng Yang
Gene Regulation Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3894-906. 2004..translation initiation factors, including human eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) and DAP-5/NAT1/p97, as well as in the tumor suppressor Pdcd4. The function of the MA-3 domain is, however, unknown...
- Selective inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation rescues DeltaF508-cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator and suppresses interleukin-8 levels: therapeutic implicationsNeeraj Vij
Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17369-78. 2006..b>p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) physically interacts with gp78/autocrine motility factor receptor to couple ..
- Structure-based design of novel anticancer agentsF M Uckun
Drug Discovery Program, Parker Hughes Cancer Center, Parker Hughes Institute, 2665 Long Lake Road, St Paul, Minnesota55113, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 1:59-71. 2001..These include EGFR inhibitors such as the quinazoline derivative WHI-P97 and the leflunomide metabolite analog LFM-A12...
- Potential use of a recombinant replication-defective adenovirus vector carrying the C-terminal portion of the P97 adhesin protein as a vaccine against Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae in swineFaust René Okamba
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, Universite du Quebec, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Vaccine 28:4802-9. 2010..The P97 adhesin protein of M...
- Cdc48 is required for the stability of Cut1/separase in mitotic anaphaseNobuyasu Ikai
Department of Gene Mechanism, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Struct Biol 156:50-61. 2006..Cdc48/VCP/p97, an AAA ATPase, is involved in a variety of cellular activities, many of which are implicated in the proteasome-..
- A recombinant chimera composed of R1 repeat region of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin with Escherichia coli heat-labile enterotoxin B subunit elicits immune response in miceFabrício Rochedo Conceição
Centro de Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, CP 354, 96010 900 Pelotas, RS, Brazil
Vaccine 24:5734-43. 2006..was to develop and to evaluate in BALB/c mice a recombinant subunit vaccine (rLTBR1) containing the R1 region of P97 adhesin of M. hyopneumoniae (R1) fused to the B subunit of the heat-labile enterotoxin of Escherichia coli (LTB)...
- The AAA ATPase p97 links peptide N-glycanase to the endoplasmic reticulum-associated E3 ligase autocrine motility factor receptorGuangtao Li
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 450 Life Sciences Building, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8348-53. 2006....
- Derlin-1 and p97/valosin-containing protein mediate the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of human V2 vasopressin receptorsIsabel Schwieger
Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie FMP, Campus Buch, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 73:697-708. 2008..for the first time that V2R mutants with different misfolded domains are able to coprecipitate the ERAD components p97/valosin-containing protein, Derlin-1 and the 26S proteasome regulatory subunit 7...
- Improved yield and stability of L49-sFv-beta-lactamase, a single-chain antibody fusion protein for anticancer prodrug activation, by protein engineeringCharlotte F McDonagh
Seattle Genetics Inc, 21823 30th Drive SE, Bothell, Washington 98021, USA
Bioconjug Chem 14:860-9. 2003..L49-sFv-bL) combined with the prodrug C-Mel is an effective anticancer agent against tumor cells expressing the p97 antigen. However, large-scale production of L49-sFv-bL from refolded E...
- Dietary acrylamide exposure estimates for the United Kingdom and Ireland: comparison between semiprobabilistic and probabilistic exposure modelsCraig Mills
Food Standards Agency, 125 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NH, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 56:6039-45. 2008..consumer exposure was estimated as 0.61 microg/kg of body weight (bw)/day and high-level adult consumer exposure (P97.5) as 1.29 microg/kg of bw/day. The mean adult Irish consumer exposure was estimated as 0...
- A role for the vesicle tethering protein, p115, in the post-mitotic stacking of reassembling Golgi cisternae in a cell-free systemJ Shorter
Cell Biology Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 146:57-70. 1999..fusion protein (NSF) attachment protein receptors (SNAREs) via two intersecting pathways controlled by the ATPases, p97 and NSF...
- Pathogenesis of Paget's disease of boneStuart H Ralston
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Bone 43:819-25. 2008..These include TNFRSF11A, which encodes RANK, TNFRSF11B which encodes osteoprotegerin, VCP which encodes p97, and SQSTM1 which encodes p62...
- Cdc48/p97-Ufd1-Npl4 antagonizes Aurora B during chromosome segregation in HeLa cellsGrzegorz Dobrynin
Centre for Medical Biotechnology, University of Duisburg Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:1571-80. 2011During exit from mitosis in Xenopus laevis egg extracts, the AAA+ ATPase Cdc48/p97 (also known as VCP in vertebrates) and its adapter Ufd1-Npl4 remove the kinase Aurora B from chromatin to allow nucleus formation...
- The Ubx2 and Ubx3 cofactors direct Cdc48 activity to proteolytic and nonproteolytic ubiquitin-dependent processesRasmus Hartmann-Petersen
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, EH4 2XU Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 14:824-8. 2004Valosin-containing protein, VCP/p97 or Cdc48, is a eukaryotic ATPase involved in membrane fusion, protein transport, and protein degradation. We describe two proteins, Ubx2 and Ubx3, which interact with Cdc48 in fission yeast...
- Clinical studies in familial VCP myopathy associated with Paget disease of bone and frontotemporal dementiaVirginia E Kimonis
Division of Genetics and Metabolism, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:745-57. 2008..167320), is a progressive autosomal dominant disorder caused by mutations in the Valousin-containing protein (VCP, p97 or CDC48) gene. IBMPFD can be difficult to diagnose...
- A unique carrier for delivery of therapeutic compounds beyond the blood-brain barrierDelara Karkan
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e2469. 2008..capillaries, that comprise the BBB, possess an endogenous receptor that ferries an iron-transport protein, termed p97 (melanotransferrin), across the BBB...
- Reconstituted nuclei depleted of a vertebrate GLFG nuclear pore protein, p97, import but are defective in nuclear growth and replicationM A Powers
Department of Biology 0347, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0347
J Cell Biol 128:721-36. 1995..Such cell-free extracts contain three major N-acetylglucosaminylated proteins: p200, p97, and p60. Both p200 and p60 have been found to be components of the nuclear pore...
- Studies on peptide:N-glycanase-p97 interaction suggest that p97 phosphorylation modulates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradationGang Zhao
Center for Structural Biology, Deparatment of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8785-90. 2007During endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation, the multifunctional AAA ATPase p97 is part of a protein degradation complex. p97 associates via its N-terminal domain with various cofactors to recruit ubiquitinated substrates...
- Liver cytochrome P450 3A endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation: a major role for the p97 AAA ATPase in cytochrome P450 3A extraction into the cytosolPoulomi Acharya
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
J Biol Chem 286:3815-28. 2011..Given this topology, it was unclear whether they would require the AAA-ATPase p97 chaperone complex that retrotranslocates/dislocates ubiquitinated ER-integral and luminal proteins into the cytosol ..
- Development of a dual-color, double fusion FISH assay to detect RPN1/EVI1 gene fusion associated with inv(3), t(3;3), and ins(3;3) in patients with myelodysplasia and acute myeloid leukemiaBrandon M Shearer
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Laboratory Genetics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 85:569-74. 2010Approximately 2-3% of adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia harbor a rearrangement of RPN1 (at 3q21) and EVI1 (at 3q26.2) as inv(3)(q21q26.2), t(3;3)(q21;q26.2), or ins(3;3)(q26.2;q21q26.2)...
- Ubiquitination regulates the assembly of VLDL in HepG2 cells and is the committing step of the apoB-100 ERAD pathwayEric A Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1X5
J Lipid Res 52:1170-80. 2011..The ubiquitin ligase gp78 and the AAA-ATPase p97 have been implicated in the proteasomal degradation of apoB-100...
- AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p, a cytosolic chaperone required for endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradationEfrat Rabinovich
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 22:626-34. 2002..Here we implicate the cytosolic chaperone AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p in ERAD...
- Molecular analysis of the P97 cilium adhesin operon of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeT Hsu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Gene 214:13-23. 1998..hyopneumoniae to the cilia of swine respiratory epithelium through an interaction involving P97, a surface-associated protein, and cilia-specific receptors...
- Death-associated protein 5 (DAP5/p97/NAT1) contributes to retinoic acid-induced granulocytic differentiation and arsenic trioxide-induced apoptosis in acute promyelocytic leukemiaBulent Ozpolat
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 422, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Apoptosis 13:915-28. 2008..Here we investigated the role and regulation of death-associated protein-5 (DAP5/p97/NAT1), a novel inhibitor of translational initiation, in APL cell differentiation and apoptosis...
- The crystal structure of the C-terminal DAP5/p97 domain sheds light on the molecular basis for its processing by caspase cleavageNoa Liberman
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Mol Biol 383:539-48. 2008DAP5/p97 (death-associated protein 5) is a member of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G family. It functions as a scaffold protein promoting cap-independent translation of proteins...
- Derlin-1 promotes the efficient degradation of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) and CFTR folding mutantsFei Sun
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 281:36856-63. 2006A complex involving Derlin-1 and p97 mediates the retrotranslocation and endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-associated degradation of misfolded proteins in yeast and is used by certain viruses to promote host cell protein degradation (Romisch, K...
- VCP/p97 AAA-ATPase does not interact with the endogenous wild-type cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulatorRebecca F Goldstein
Department of Cell Biology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Gregory Fleming James Cystic Fibrosis Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0005, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:706-14. 2007..a proteomics screen to identify DeltaF508 CFTR interacting proteins, we found that valosin-containing protein (VCP)/p97, a Type II AAA ATPase that is a component of the retrotranslocation machinery, binds DeltaF508 CFTR, and this ..
- The common phospholipid-binding activity of the N-terminal domains of PEX1 and VCP/p97Kumiko Shiozawa
International Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Yokohama City University, 1 7 29 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
FEBS J 273:4959-71. 2006..between its N-terminal domain and those of other membrane-related AAA-ATPases, such as valosine-containing protein (p97)...
- An Alu-linked repetitive sequence corresponding to 280 amino acids is expressed in a novel bovine protein, but not in its human homologueT Nobukuni
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo 194
J Biol Chem 272:2801-7. 1997..The protein has an apparent molecular mass of 97 kDa (p97)...
- Ufd1 exhibits the AAA-ATPase fold with two distinct ubiquitin interaction sitesSunghyouk Park
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Structure 13:995-1005. 2005Ufd1 mediates ubiquitin fusion degradation by association with Npl4 and Cdc48/p97. The Ufd1-ubiquitin interaction is essential for transfer of substrates to the proteasome...
- Contribution of calumin to embryogenesis through participation in the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation activityShinichiro Yamamoto
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Medicine, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima 770 8505, Japan Electronic address
Dev Biol 393:33-43. 2014..Calumin co-immunoprecipitated with ERAD components such as p97, BIP, derlin-1, derlin-2 and VIMP, suggesting its involvement in ERAD...
- Phosphatidylinositol-4 kinase III beta and oxysterol-binding protein accumulate unesterified cholesterol on poliovirus-induced membrane structureMinetaro Arita
Department of Virology II, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashimurayama shi, Tokyo, 208 0011, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 58:239-56. 2014..Virus protein 2BC was identified as a novel interactant of PI4KB. PI4KB and VCP/p97 bind to a partially overlapped region of 2BC with different sensitivity to a 2C inhibitor...
- Role of p97 AAA-ATPase in the retrotranslocation of the cholera toxin A1 chain, a non-ubiquitinated substrateMichael Kothe
GI Cell Biology, Children s Hospital Boston, the Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:28127-32. 2005..are modified by the attachment of polyubiquitin chains and moved into the cytosol by the ubiquitin-interacting p97 ATPase complex...
- The regulatory particle of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae proteasomeM H Glickman
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3149-62. 1998..Of the remaining 11 subunits that we have identified (Rpn1 to Rpn3 and Rpn5 to Rpn12), 8 are encoded by previously described genes and 3 are encoded by genes not previously ..
- Transcriptional activity of human papillomavirus type 16 variants having deletions in the long control regionG Veress
Department of Microbiology, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, POB 17, H 4012, Debrecen, Hungary
Eur J Cancer 37:1946-52. 2001Transcription of the E6 and E7 viral oncogenes of human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 is regulated by the P97 major early promoter, and enhancer and silencer elements found in the long control region (LCR)...
- The effect of oviductal deleted in malignant brain tumor 1 over porcine sperm is mediated by a signal transduction pathway that involves pro-AKAP4 phosphorylationJuan Manuel Teijeiro
Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR CONICET y Área Biología, UNR, Suipacha 590, S2002LRK Rosario, Argentina
Reproduction 143:773-85. 2012..and decrease of motility of boar sperm, concomitant with tyrosine phosphorylation of a 97 kDa sperm protein (p97)...
- Cdc48/p97, a key actor in the interplay between autophagy and ubiquitin/proteasome catabolic pathwaysCatherine Dargemont
CNRS, UMR7592, Institut Jacques Monod, Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, 75205 Paris, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1823:138-44. 2012The AAA-ATPase Cdc48/p97 controls a large array of cellular functions including protein degradation, cell division, membrane fusion through its ability to interact with and control the fate of ubiquitylated proteins...
- The function of melanotransferrin: a role in melanoma cell proliferation and tumorigenesisL L Dunn
Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Iron Metabolism and Chelation Program P O Box 81, High Street, Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales, 2031 Australia
Carcinogenesis 27:2157-69. 2006Melanotransferrin (MTf) or melanoma tumor antigen p97 is an iron (Fe) binding transferrin homolog expressed highly on melanomas and at lower levels on normal tissues...
- A conserved role of Caenorhabditis elegans CDC-48 in ER-associated protein degradationJulien Mouysset
Centre for Molecular Neurobiology, ZMNH, University of Hamburg, Falkenried 94, 20251 Hamburg, Germany
J Struct Biol 156:41-9. 2006..It has been reported that the AAA ATPase p97/VCP/CDC48 is required in this pathway for protein dislocation across the ER membrane and subsequent ubiquitin ..
- The p97-UBXD8 complex destabilizes mRNA by promoting release of ubiquitinated HuR from mRNPHua Lin Zhou
Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Genes Dev 27:1046-58. 2013..Here, we report a previously unknown mechanism that implicates the ATPase p97, a protein-remodeling machine, in the dynamic regulation of mRNP disassembly...
- 2-Anilino-4-aryl-1,3-thiazole inhibitors of valosin-containing protein (VCP or p97)Matthew G Bursavich
Medicinal Chemistry, Myriad Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 305 South Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, United States
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:1677-9. 2010Valosin-containing protein (VCP; also known as p97) is a member of the AAA ATPase family with a central role in the ubiquitin-degradation of misfolded proteins...
- Mutations in p97/VCP induce unfolding activityAndrea Rothballer
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Structural Biology, Am Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
FEBS Lett 581:1197-201. 2007..In contrast, none of the members of the eukaryotic p97/VCP protein family has an aromatic residue in the D1 pore...
- In vitro expression of the 50-kDa and 30-kDa fragments of the P97 adhesin of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae in Escherichia coli and their use for serodiagnosisEun Jin Jang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Can J Vet Res 71:278-82. 2007This article reports the cloning and expression of 2 fragments of the P97 adhesin of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae for use in serodiagnosis: a 50-kDa fragment (including the N-terminal cleavage site) and a 30-kDa fragment (including the C-..
- Cdc48/p97 promotes reformation of the nucleus by extracting the kinase Aurora B from chromatinKristijan Ramadan
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Nature 450:1258-62. 2007..In vitro, nucleus formation requires p97 (ref. 3), a hexameric ATPase implicated in membrane fusion and ubiquitin-dependent processes...
- Mdm2 facilitates the association of p53 with the proteasomeRoman Kulikov
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, P O Box 3640, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10038-43. 2010..We propose that Mdm2 facilitates, or at least enhances, the association of p53 with the proteasome and that phosphorylation of the central domain of Mdm2 regulates this process...
- ERdj4 and ERdj5 are required for endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradation of misfolded surfactant protein CMei Dong
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:2620-30. 2008..Misfolded SP-C, ERdj4, and ERdj5 coprecipitated with p97/VCP indicating that the cochaperones remain associated with the misfolded proprotein until it is dislocated to the ..
- Cytosolic ATPases, p97 and NSF, are sufficient to mediate rapid membrane fusionM Otter-Nilsson
EMBL, Cell Biology and Biophysics Programme, Meyerhofstrasse, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 18:2074-83. 1999Much recent work has focussed on the role of membrane-bound components in fusion. We show here that p97 and NSF are sufficient to mediate rapid membrane fusion...
- VAT, the thermoplasma homolog of mammalian p97/VCP, is an N domain-regulated protein unfoldaseAlexandra Gerega
Department of Molecular Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:42856-62. 2005..Thermoplasma acidophilum (VAT) ATPase is a member of the two-domain AAA ATPases and homologous to the mammalian p97/VCP and NSF proteins...
- Imbalances in p97 co-factor interactions in human proteinopathyVanesa Fernández-Sáiz
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
EMBO Rep 11:479-85. 2010The ubiquitin-selective chaperone p97 is involved in major proteolytic pathways of eukaryotic cells and has been implicated in several human proteinopathies...
- Critical roles of T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase in cytokinesisJae Hyun Park
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:403-11. 2010..Then TOPK interacted with and phosphorylated p97, a member of the AAA+ family of ATPase proteins, through an interaction with p47 protein as an adaptor protein...
- Interferon regulatory factor (IRF)-2 activates the HPV-16 E6-E7 promoter in keratinocytesMichael J Lace
Department of Pathology, VAMC, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Virology 399:270-9. 2010..Here we show that the IRF-2 protein serves as a baseline transactivator of the HPV-16 major early promoter, P97. Cotransfections in IRF knockout cells confirmed that basal HPV-16 promoter activity was supported by both IRF-1 ..
- Analysis of Npl4 deletion mutants in mammalian cells unravels new Ufd1-interacting motifs and suggests a regulatory role of Npl4 in ERADAgnieszka Lass
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 8600 University Boulevard, Evansville, IN 47712, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:2715-23. 2008Npl4 is a 67 kDa protein forming a stable heterodimer with Ufd1, which in turn binds the ubiquitous p97/VCP ATPase...
- Derlin-2 and Derlin-3 are regulated by the mammalian unfolded protein response and are required for ER-associated degradationYukako Oda
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
J Cell Biol 172:383-93. 2006..Derlin-2 and -3 are associated with EDEM and p97, a cytosolic ATPase responsible for extraction of ERAD substrates...
- Cdc48/p97 and Shp1/p47 regulate autophagosome biogenesis in concert with ubiquitin-like Atg8Roswitha Krick
Department of Biochemistry II, Georg August University, D 37073 Goettingen, Germany
J Cell Biol 190:965-73. 2010..In mammals, the Cdc48 homologue p97/VCP and the Shp1 homologue p47 mediate Golgi reassembly by extracting an unknown monoubiquitinated fusion regulator ..
- RanBP1 stabilizes the interaction of Ran with p97 nuclear protein importN C Chi
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Cell Biol 135:559-69. 1996..have been identified that reconstitute nuclear protein import in a permeabilized cell assay: the NLS receptor, p97, and Ran/TC4...
- Conventional cytogenetics and breakpoint distribution by fluorescent in situ hybridization in patients with malignant hemopathies associated with inv(3)(q21;q26) and t(3;3)(q21;q26)Etienne De Braekeleer
University of Brest, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Brest, France
Anticancer Res 31:3441-8. 2011..The molecular consequence of the inv(3)/t(3;3) rearrangements is the juxtaposition of the ribophorin I (RPN1) gene (located in band 3q21) with the ecotropic viral integration site 1 (EVI1) gene (located in band 3q26.2)...
- Sequence TTKF ↓ QE defines the site of proteolytic cleavage in Mhp683 protein, a novel glycosaminoglycan and cilium adhesin of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeDaniel R Bogema
NSW Department of Primary Industries, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Camden 2567, New South Wales, Australia
J Biol Chem 286:41217-29. 2011..b>P97 and P102 family members are major surface proteins of M...
- Loss of soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein α (αSNAP) induces epithelial cell apoptosis via down-regulation of Bcl-2 expression and disruption of the GolgiNayden G Naydenov
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 287:5928-41. 2012..of ER-Golgi transport by brefeldin A and eeyarestatin 1 or siRNA-mediated depletion of an ER/Golgi-associated p97 ATPase recapitulated the effects of αSNAP inhibition by decreasing Bcl-2 level and triggering apoptosis...
- Golgi reassembly after mitosis: the AAA family meets the ubiquitin familyHemmo H Meyer
Swiss Federal School of Technology ETH, Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Honggerberg HPM, Zurich
Biochim Biophys Acta 1744:108-19. 2005..Two AAA ATPases, NSF and p97/VCP, have been implicated in regulating membrane fusion steps that lead to regrowth of Golgi cisternae from mitotic ..
- Isolation of a cDNA encoding the rat MAP-kinase homolog of human p63mapkJ I Garcia
Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Mamm Genome 7:810-4. 1996..5% identity. rMNK2 showed 77% homology with rat ERK3 and its human homolog p97(mapk), and 43% homology with both rat genes rMNK1(ERK1) and ERK2, within the kinase domain...
- Analysis of a gene encoding Rpn10 of the fission yeast proteasome reveals that the polyubiquitin-binding site of this subunit is essential when Rpn12/Mts3 activity is compromisedC R Wilkinson
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:15182-92. 2000..lethal with mutations in other proteasomal component-encoding genes, namely mts3, pad1, and mts4 (RPN12, RPN11, and RPN1)...
- The role of the membrane-bound tumour antigen, melanotransferrin (p97), in iron uptake by the human malignant melanoma cellD R Richardson
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Eur J Biochem 267:1290-8. 2000..Surprisingly, MTf mRNA expression was widespread in normal tissues, and was observed at its highest levels in the salivary gland. In contrast to expectations, MTf mRNA expression was generally greater in adult than fetal tissues...
- cAMP stimulates the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway in rat spinal cord neuronsNatura Myeku
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College and Graduate Center, CUNY, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neurosci Lett 527:126-31. 2012..proteasome subunits Rpt6 and β5, polyubiquitin shuttling factor p62/sequestosome1, E3 ligase CHIP, AAA-ATPase p97 and the ubiquitin gene ubB...
- A novel form of DAP5 protein accumulates in apoptotic cells as a result of caspase cleavage and internal ribosome entry site-mediated translationS Henis-Korenblit
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 20:496-506. 2000Death-associated protein 5 (DAP5) (also named p97 and NAT1) is a member of the translation initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) family that lacks the eIF4E binding site...
- The mouse p97 (CDC48) gene. Genomic structure, definition of transcriptional regulatory sequences, gene expression, and characterization of a pseudogeneJ M Muller
Cell Biology Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
J Biol Chem 274:10154-62. 1999..genomic organization, transcriptional regulatory sequences, and adult and embryonic gene expression for the mouse p97(CDC48) AAA ATPase...
- BRSK2 is a valosin-containing protein (VCP)-interacting protein that affects VCP functioning in endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradationYingli Wang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Lett 35:1983-9. 2013..Valosin-containing protein (VCP)/p97 mediates in the extraction of ERAD substrates from the ER...
- RanGTP targets p97 to RanBP2, a filamentous protein localized at the cytoplasmic periphery of the nuclear pore complexC Delphin
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:2379-90. 1997..Using in vitro assays, we characterized the ability of RanBP2 to bind p97, a cytosolic factor implicated in the association of the nuclear localization signal receptor with the NPC...
- Vaccine efficacy of the attenuated Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae YS-19 expressing a recombinant protein of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin against mycoplasmal pneumonia of swineYoshihiro Shimoji
National Institute of Animal Health, 3 1 5 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Vaccine 21:532-7. 2003..YS-19 strain was constructed for the purpose of delivering the C-terminal portion of the Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin to the mucosal surface of the respiratory tract of pigs...
- Whole-genome RNAi screen highlights components of the endoplasmic reticulum/Golgi as a source of resistance to immunotoxin-mediated cytotoxicityMatteo Pasetto
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4264 and
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E1135-42. 2015..However, the p97 inhibitor eeyarestatin 1 enhanced immunotoxin killing...
- Stalled proteasomes are directly relieved by P97 recruitmentElada Isakov
Department of Biochemistry, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Biol Chem 286:30274-83. 2011..Here we show a new functional complex between the P97 and the proteasome that is assembled in response to proteasomal impairment...
- Culling sick mitochondria from the herdLeo J Pallanck
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Cell Biol 191:1225-7. 2010..In this issue, Tanaka et al. (2010. J. Cell Biol. doi: 10.1083/jcb.201007013) demonstrate that the AAA-type ATPase p97 acts downstream of PINK1 and Parkin to segregate fusion-incompetent mitochondria for turnover...
- Rad23 and Rpn10 serve as alternative ubiquitin receptors for the proteasomeSuzanne Elsasser
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 279:26817-22. 2004..Rad23 and the deubiquitinating enzyme Ubp6 both bind proteasome subunit Rpn1 through N-terminal ubiquitin-like domains...
- Basic leucine zipper protein Cnc-C is a substrate and transcriptional regulator of the Drosophila 26S proteasomeKristian Björk Grimberg
Department of Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 31:897-909. 2011..silencing revealed that the longest of the seven transcripts for the cnc gene, cnc-C, was needed for proteasome and p97 ATPase production...
- Solution structure and Rpn1 interaction of the UBL domain of human RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain phosphataseJi Hye Yun
Department of Biochemistry, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e62981. 2013..The positively charged residues of the β3-α2 loop are involved in interacting with the C-terminal leucine-rich repeat-like domain of Rpn1.
- Distinct conformations of the protein complex p97-Ufd1-Npl4 revealed by electron cryomicroscopyCecilia Bebeacua
Centre for Structural Biology and Centre for Biomolecular Electron Microscopy, Division of Molecular Biosciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:1098-103. 2012b>p97 is a key regulator of numerous cellular pathways and associates with ubiquitin-binding adaptors to remodel ubiquitin-modified substrate proteins...
- Repeat regions R1 and R2 in the P97 paralogue Mhp271 of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae bind heparin, fibronectin and porcine ciliaAnia T Deutscher
Industry and Investment NSW, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, NSW, Australia
Mol Microbiol 78:444-58. 2010..The cilium adhesin P97 (Mhp183) contains two repeat regions, designated R1 and R2, that play key roles in adherence...
- Assessment of the acrylamide intake of the Belgian population and the effect of mitigation strategiesW Claeys
DG Control Policy, Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain, Boulevard du Jardin Botanique 55, Brussels, Belgium
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 27:1199-207. 2010..The average AA exposure, calculated probabilistically, was 0.4 microg kg(-1) body weight (bw) day(-1) (P97.5 = 1...
- ATP7A trafficking and mechanisms underlying the distal motor neuropathy induced by mutations in ATP7ALing Yi
Section on Translational Neuroscience, Molecular Medicine Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1314:49-54. 2014..Immunoprecipitation assays revealed abnormal interaction between ATP7A(T994I) and p97/VCP, a protein mutated in two autosomal dominant forms of motor neuron disease...
- Different dynamic movements of wild-type and pathogenic VCPs and their cofactors to damaged mitochondria in a Parkin-mediated mitochondrial quality control systemYoko Kimura
Laboratory of Protein Metabolism, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo, 156 8506, Japan
Genes Cells 18:1131-43. 2013VCP/p97 is a hexameric ring-shaped AAA(+) ATPase that participates in various ubiquitin-associated cellular functions...
- Quality control autophagy degrades soluble ERAD-resistant conformers of the misfolded membrane protein GnRHRScott A Houck
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cell 54:166-79. 2014..S168R-GnRHR is globally misfolded and disposed of via ERAD, but inhibition of p97, the protein retrotranslocation motor, shunts S168R-GnRHR from ERAD to ERQC autophagy...
- Nuclear Membrane Fusion in Xenopus Egg ExtractsMartin W Hetzer; Fiscal Year: 2010..generated new information about the two major regulators of nuclear assembly, the GTPase Ran and the AAA-ATPase p97. Our specific aims are: 1...
- Control of mitochondrial proteostasis by AAA-ATPase p97Mariusz Karbowski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, we also found that AAA- ATPase p97, a critical protein for the endoplasmic reticulum associated degradation (ERAD) pathway, is essential for both ..
- IBMPFD MUTATIONS IMPAIR UPS FUNCTIONConrad C Weihl; Fiscal Year: 2013..This link is strengthened further by the identification of mutations in the protein p97/VCP that cause the autosomal dominant syndrome, IBMPFD, IBM associated with paget's disease of the bone and ..
- Defining the role of ubiquitination in the regulation of lipid dropletsJames A Olzmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..findings identify a metabolically regulated LD ubiquitination pathway that involves UBXD8-mediated recruitment of p97/VCP and regulation LD turnover catalyzed by ATGL, the rate-limiting enzyme in lipolysis...
- Defining the role of ubiquitination in the regulation of lipid droplet functionJames A Olzmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..findings identify a metabolically regulated LD ubiquitination pathway that involves UBXD8-mediated recruitment of p97/VCP and regulation LD turnover catalyzed by ATGL, the rate-limiting enzyme in lipolysis...
- Role of Valosin-Containing Protein (VCP/p97) in Cadmium-Disturbed ProteostasisChangcheng Song; Fiscal Year: 2013..Valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97), a molecular chaperone, lies at the heart of proteostasis to unfold ubiquitinated proteins for proteasomal ..
- Ubiquitin and Cell Cycle Regulation of Golgi Membrane DynamicsYanzhuang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Reassembly is mediated by two ATPases (NSF and p97) that fuse the membranes...
- The role of p97 in protein degradation during aging and diseaseEUGENE DROKHLYANSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous studies support that p97 (known as VCP in metazoans and Cdc48 in yeast) is important for the degradation of damaged and misfolded proteins ..
- Recognition of non-ubiquitin signals at the proteasomeDavid Fushman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Of these subunits, the primary UBL-receptor is apparently Rpn1. The goal of the proposed research is to understand how the proteasome differentiates between ubiquitin and ..
- Mechanisms of VCP/p97 and Proteasomal pathway in COPD pathogenesisNeeraj Vij; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein levels of AAA (ATPase associated with diverse cellular activities) molecular chaperone and UPR modulator, p97/VCP (Valosin containing protein), are significantly upregulated in COPD peripheral lungs of smokers as compared to ..
- Understanding and targeting Nrf1-mediated proteasome recovery pathway in cancerSENTHIL KUMAR RADHAKRISHNAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aims during the independent phase are designed to understand the role of p97/VCP and its co-factors in Nrf1 activation and to identify novel chemical inhibitors of the Nrf1-mediated proteasome ..
- A Novel Mechanism for Toxin Export from the Endoplasmic Reticulum to the CytosolKENNETH R TETER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most ERAD substrates are extracted from the ER through a mechanism involving the cytosolic AAA ATPase p97. However, p97 appears to play a minimal role in CTA1 translocation...
- Exploring mechanisms of TDP-43 aggregation and disaggregationJames Shorter; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are particularly interested in how two AAA+ ATPases, Hsp104 and p97, might antagonize or reverse TDP-43 aggregation...
- Role of the Sec61 Translocon in EGF Receptor Trafficking and SignalingGRAHAM F CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2012..This includes HSP70 and p97, an ATPase that is tyrosine phosphorylated following the addition of EGF...
- SVIP and CMT1AJun Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..SVIP interacts with Valosin-Containing Protein (VCP;also called p97), a highly conserved ATPase that is ubiquitously distributed...
- CYTOPLASMIC FACTORS IN NUCLEAR PROTEIN IMPORTStephen Adam; Fiscal Year: 2000..Cytoplasmic assembly of a receptor complex composed of two transport factors, p97 and the NLS receptor is believed to precede docking of the complex at the nuclear pore...
- HPV-16 and head and neck cancerThomas Haugen; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the cervix and the head and neck contain and express the viral E6-E7 oncogenic region from a promoter at nt 97 (P97)...
- MEMBRANE FUSION ATPASES AND THE GOLGI APPARATUSAyano Satoh; Fiscal Year: 2007..The last granting period focused on the reassembly of Golgi cisternae that is catalyzed by two ATPases, NSF and p97. NSF was shown to have an activity additional to its well-characterized role in unraveling SNARE complexes...
- Influence of Heme on Hepatic Cytochrome P450 Synthesis and DegradationMaria Correia; Fiscal Year: 2007..ER extraction requires ATP hydrolysis and thus could involve either the p97 AAA ATPase or the proteasomal 19S AAA ATPases...
- The role of ubiquitination in Legionella pneumophila infection and disease.ALEXANDER ENSMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..vacuole (LCV) upon infection and a downstream component of the host ubiquitin-mediated proteolytic pathway, Cdc48/p97 is required for efficient intracellular growth of the bacteria. Additionally, the L...
- EPIDERMAL TRANS-ACTING FACTORS IN SKIN DEVELOPMENTRenata Polakowska; Fiscal Year: 1993..genes and a keratinocyte-dependent (KD) enhancer sequence element of the human papilloma virus-16 (HPV-16) p97 promoter. Viral KD-enhancer activation is restricted to keratinocytes...
- HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS-16 REGULATION IN CERVICAL CANCERLUBOMIR TUREK; Fiscal Year: 1991..and viral regulatory factors at the transcriptional promoter of the candidate E6-E7 oncogene region of HPV-16, P97, in transfection and DNA binding studies. Based on our recent data (Cripe et aL, 1987, ref...
- AAA ATPase p97/VCP and Inclusion Body MyopathyCONRAD WEIHL; Fiscal Year: 2009..Missense mutations in p97/VCP cause the autosomal dominantly syndrome HIBM, Paget's Disease and frontotemporal dementia (IBMPFD)...
- Role of Gab2 in Mast Cell Function and OntogenyHaihua Gu; Fiscal Year: 2006..long-term goal of this grant proposal is to understand the mechanism by which the novel scaffolding adapter Gab2/p97 regulates the biological responses of hematopoietic cells...
- ROLE OF BAG2 AND SHP2 IN HEMATOPOIETIC SIGNALLINGBENJAMIN NEEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..During the initial funding period, we identified, purified and cloned p97. p97 is a relative of Gab1 and Drosophila Dos, a regulator of the fly homolog of SHP-2; thus, we renamed p97 as ..
- Targeting JAK-3 with WHI-P97 for Treatment of AsthmaPeter Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2003..designed Janus kinase 3 (JAK3) inhibitor 4-(3',5'-dibromo-4'-hydroxyphenyl)- anmino-6,7-dirnethoxyquinazoline (WHI-P97) exhibits potent in vivo biologic activity in a mouse model of allergic asthma at nontoxic dose levels...
- HPV16-induced TGF-Beta resistance in human keratinocytesKIM CREEK; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, the molecular basis for the marked inhibition of HPV16 P97 promoter activity by TGF-beta will be investigated...
- THE MOLECULAR NATURE OF TUMOR ANTIGENSRICHARD WOODBURY; Fiscal Year: 1980..The other two melanoma-associated antigens are proteins with molecular weights of approximately 97,000 (p97) and 210,000 (p210), respectively...
- ANALYSIS OF THE PROTEASOME REGULATORY PARTICLEDaniel Finley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims are as follows: 1. To purify and characterize subcomplexes from the RP. 2. To test whether the Rpn1 subunit of the base is a general receptor for ubiquitin-like proteins. 3...
- GENE CAUSING PAGET & LIMB-GIRDLE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Delineation of the genetic component responsible for the LGMD/PDB phenotype should promise similar insight and facilitate in the design of novel treatment protocols for the two disorders. ..
- Single Molecule Studies of SNARE-Induced Vesicle FusionAxel T Brunger; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such a system could serve as an efficient model system for novel drug discovery. ..
- Genetic basis of myopathy with Paget disease of boneVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2008..e. effect on ATPase activity, protein-protein interactions, and hexamer formation). Study the VCP specific pathways in C2C12 cell lines (stably transfected wt and R155H VCP) during differentiation and under stress conditions...
- Characterization of Familial Myopathy & Paget DiseaseVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elucidation of the genetic defect will help us understand the pathogenesis of this multifaceted disorder and hopefully result in specific therapy. ..
- Mechanism of mitotic exit in budding yeastRaymond Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our work may also provide a useful paradigm for understanding how other pathways that employ reversible nucleolar sequestra - such as the ARF-Mdm2- p53 circuit - are regulated. ..
- Parkin mediated Neural Dysfunction in DrosophilaLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from this work should clarify the relationship between parkin dysfunction and neurodegeneration, and possibly reveal strategies for treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Mutational Analyses of Drosophila DJ-1 HomologsLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work should clarify the normal cellular role of DJ-1 and provide a foundation for further hypothesis-driven investigation of DJ-1 function. ..
- The role of hMLH1-hMRE11 in DNA mismatch repairChengtao Her; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Mechanisms of Abnormal Protein AggregationMichael Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploration of fundamental mechanisms of protein aggregation that we undertake in this project will help to understand the nature of several neurological disorders. ..
- Mtb Proteasome-Associated Factors and VirulenceKATERINA DARWIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together it will be important to develop faster acting drugs to new targets in Mtb in order to better treat tuberculosis in the future. ..
- High-Throughput Campaign to Identify Reversible Small Molecule Inhibitor of p97/CRaymond Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): p97 is an essential protein that plays a critical role in a number of different cellular processes...
- Proteomic analyses of Drosophila Parkinson's disease modelLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work should clarify the biological role of Parkin and will serve as a foundation for future hypothesis-driven investigation of parkin pathogenesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..