Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSMB3
Description: proteasome subunit beta 3
Alias: HC10-II, proteasome subunit beta type-3, proteasome (prosome, macropain) subunit, beta type, 3, proteasome chain 13, proteasome component C10-II, proteasome theta chain
- Johnson J, Gentzsch M, Zhang L, Ribeiro C, Kantor B, Kafri T, et al. AAV exploits subcellular stress associated with inflammation, endoplasmic reticulum expansion, and misfolded proteins in models of cystic fibrosis. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002053 pubmed publisher..involved in processing ?F508-CFTR or sorting retrograde cargo from the Golgi and ER (calnexin, KDEL-R, ?-COP, and PSMB3)...
- Zhu Y, Tiedemann R, Shi C, Yin H, Schmidt J, Bruins L, et al. RNAi screen of the druggable genome identifies modulators of proteasome inhibitor sensitivity in myeloma including CDK5. Blood. 2011;117:3847-57 pubmed publisher..When suppressed, the strongest bortezomib sensitizers were the proteasome subunits PSMA5, PSMB2, PSMB3, and PSMB7 providing internal validation, but others included BAZ1B, CDK5, CDC42SE2, MDM4, NME7, RAB8B, TFE3, ..
- Hirano Y, Hayashi H, Iemura S, Hendil K, Niwa S, Kishimoto T, et al. Cooperation of multiple chaperones required for the assembly of mammalian 20S proteasomes. Mol Cell. 2006;24:977-84 pubmed..Our results describe a cooperative system of multiple chaperones involved in the correct assembly of mammalian 20S proteasomes. ..
- Vingill S, Brockelt D, Lancelin C, Tatenhorst L, Dontcheva G, Preisinger C, et al. Loss of FBXO7 (PARK15) results in reduced proteasome activity and models a parkinsonism-like phenotype in mice. EMBO J. 2016;35:2008-25 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study establishes a vital role for FBXO7 in neurons, which is required for proper motor control and accentuates the importance of FBXO7 in proteasome function. ..
- Jin Y, Sharma A, Carey C, Hopkins D, Wang X, Robertson D, et al. The expression of inflammatory genes is upregulated in peripheral blood of patients with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2013;36:2794-802 pubmed publisher..Of the 18 genes analyzed here, eight genes (S100A8, S100A9, MNDA, SELL, TGFB1, PSMB3, CD74, and IL12A) had higher expression and three genes (GNLY, PSMA4, and SMAD7) had lower expression in T1D ..
- Concannon C, Lahue R. The 26S proteasome drives trinucleotide repeat expansions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:6098-108 pubmed publisher..In a human astrocytic cell line, siRNA-mediated knockdown of 26S proteasome subunits PSMC5 or PSMB3 reduced expansions...
- Hjerpe R, Aillet F, Lopitz Otsoa F, Lang V, Torres Ramos M, Farras R, et al. Oligomerization conditions Mdm2-mediated efficient p53 polyubiquitylation but not its proteasomal degradation. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:725-35 pubmed publisher..These results support the existence of additional levels to regulate p53 stability and activity acting on individual subunits of the functional tetramer. ..
- Jayarapu K, Griffin T. Protein-protein interactions among human 20S proteasome subunits and proteassemblin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:523-8 pubmed
- Gubin A, Njoroge J, Bouffard G, Miller J. Gene expression in proliferating human erythroid cells. Genomics. 1999;59:168-77 pubmed..In addition to known transcripts, 44 novel EST were discovered. This transcriptional profile provides the first genomic-scale description of gene activity in erythroid progenitor cells. ..
- Nothwang H, Tamura T, Tanaka K, Ichihara A. Sequence analyses and inter-species comparisons of three novel human proteasomal subunits, HsN3, HsC7-I and HsC10-II, confine potential proteolytic active-site residues. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1219:361-8 pubmed..Based on localization and hydrophobicity, the roles of these amino acid residues as active site and substrate binding site candidates are discussed. ..