Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSEN2
Description: presenilin 2 (Alzheimer disease 4)
Alias: AD3L, AD4, CMD1V, PS2, STM2, AD3LP, AD5, E5-1, PS-2, STM-2, presenilin-2
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Immunoradiometric detection of pS2 and total cathepsin D in primary breast cancer biopsies: their correlation with steroid receptorsS Marsigliante
Dipartimento di Biologia, , Italy
Br J Cancer 69:550-4. 1994Commercially available immunoradiometric assays were used for pS2 and total cathepsin D determination in the cytosol fraction obtained from 266 primary breast cancers...
- Interaction of presenilins with the filamin family of actin-binding proteinsW Zhang
Department of Pediatrics and Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 18:914-22. 1998Mutations in presenilin genes PS1 and PS2 account for approximately 50% of early-onset familial Alzheimer's disease (FAD)...
- Expression of E-cadherin, beta-catenin, cathepsin D, gelatinases and their inhibitors in invasive ductal breast carcinomasYun gang Zhang
Department of Pathology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:1597-605. 2007..breast carcinomas, and their associations with known clinicopathological parameters, tumor recurrence and expressions of estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR), PS2 and c-erbB2 were not well studied in Chinese patients.
- [Expression of pS2, TGF-alpha and PCNA in the gastric mucosa of young rats with endotoxemia]Chun Ying Liu
Department of Pediatrics, 463 Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Shenyang 110042, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 10:221-4. 2008..This study aimed to investigate the effect of pS2, TGF-alpha and PCNA in endotoxin-induced acute gastric mucosal injury in young rats.
- A presenilin-1 mutation identified in familial Alzheimer disease with cotton wool plaques causes a nearly complete loss of gamma-secretase activityElizabeth A Heilig
Center for Human Genetic Research and Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 285:22350-9. 2010Mutations in presenilin-1 and presenilin-2 (PS1 and PS2) are the most common cause of familial Alzheimer disease...
- Presenilins are processed by caspase-type proteasesH Loetscher
Pharma Division, Preclinical Central Nervous System Research GeneTechnology, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, CH 4070 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 272:20655-9. 1997Presenilin 1 (PS1) and presenilin 2 (PS2) are endoproteolytically processed in vivo and in cell transfectants to yield 27-35-kDa N-terminal and 15-24-kDa C-terminal fragments...
- Loss-of-function presenilin mutations in Alzheimer disease. Talking Point on the role of presenilin mutations in Alzheimer diseaseBart De Strooper
KULeuven and Flanders Interuniversitary Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Centre for Human Genetics, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
EMBO Rep 8:141-6. 2007..In this review, I evaluate the implications of this model for the amyloid-cascade hypothesis and for the efficacy of presenilin/gamma-secretase as a drug target...
- Alternative cleavage of Alzheimer-associated presenilins during apoptosis by a caspase-3 family proteaseT W Kim
Genetics and Aging Unit, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Science 277:373-6. 1997..familial Alzheimer's disease (FAD) are caused by mutations in the genes encoding the presenilin 1 (PS1) and PS2 proteins, both of which undergo regulated endoproteolytic processing...
- Alzheimer presenilins in the nuclear membrane, interphase kinetochores, and centrosomes suggest a role in chromosome segregationJ Li
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 90:917-27. 1997..We discuss a pathogenic pathway for familial Alzheimer's disease in which defective presenilin function causes chromosome missegregation during mitosis, resulting in apoptosis and/or trisomy 21 mosaicism...
- Participation of presenilin 2 in apoptosis: enhanced basal activity conferred by an Alzheimer mutationB Wolozin
Unit on Alzheimer Biology, Laboratory of Clinical Science, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 10, Room 3D41, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 274:1710-3. 1996Overexpression of the familial Alzheimer's disease gene Presenilin 2 (PS2) in nerve growth factor-differentiated PC12 cells increased apoptosis induced by trophic factor withdrawal or beta-amyloid...
- Alzheimer-associated presenilins 1 and 2: neuronal expression in brain and localization to intracellular membranes in mammalian cellsD M Kovacs
Genetics and Aging Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Nat Med 2:224-9. 1996..These two novel genes, presenilin 1 (PS1) and presenilin 2 (PS2) are members of an evolutionarily conserved gene family...
- A myristoylated calcium-binding protein that preferentially interacts with the Alzheimer's disease presenilin 2 proteinS M Stabler
Medical Biotechnology Center and Department of Neurology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Cell Biol 145:1277-92. 1999..We report here the identification of a calcium-binding protein, calmyrin, that interacts preferentially with presenilin 2 (PS2)...
- Increased amyloid-beta42(43) in brains of mice expressing mutant presenilin 1K Duff
Suncoast Alzheimer s Disease Laboratories, University of South Florida, Tampa, 33612, USA
Nature 383:710-3. 1996Mutations in the genes encoding amyloid-beta precursor protein (APP), presenilin 1 (PS1) and presenilin 2 (PS2) are known to cause early-onset, autosomal dominant Alzheimer's disease...
- Presenilin mutations in Alzheimer's diseaseM Cruts
Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, BornBunge Foundation, University of Antwerp, Department of Biochemistry, Antwerpen, Belgium
Hum Mutat 11:183-90. 1998..In vivo and in vitro studies have linked PS mutations to amyloid deposition, an early pathological event in AD brains...
- The presenilin 2 loop domain interacts with the mu-calpain C-terminal regionK Shinozaki
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi 444, Japan
Int J Mol Med 1:797-9. 1998b>Presenilin 2 (PS2) is a gene responsible for the early-onset familial Alzheimer's disease (AD). PS2 mutations are considered to be closely related to the pathogenesis of AD...
- Calsenilin: a calcium-binding protein that interacts with the presenilins and regulates the levels of a presenilin fragmentJ D Buxbaum
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nat Med 4:1177-81. 1998..Alzheimer disease (AD) cases are caused by mutations in the highly related genes presenilin 1 (PS1) and presenilin 2 (PS2)...
- The presenilin 2 mutation (N141I) linked to familial Alzheimer disease (Volga German families) increases the secretion of amyloid beta protein ending at the 42nd (or 43rd) residueT Tomita
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:2025-30. 1997..in the pathogenetic mechanisms of early-onset familial Alzheimer disease (FAD), we expressed cDNAs for wild-type PS2 and PS2 with the Volga German (N141I) mutation in cultured cells and then examined the metabolism of the ..
- Requirement of the familial Alzheimer's disease gene PS2 for apoptosis. Opposing effect of ALG-3P Vito
T Cell Molecular Biology Unit, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:31025-8. 1996ALG-3, a truncated mouse homologue of the chromosome 1 familial Alzheimer's disease gene PS2, rescues T hybridoma 3DO cells from T-cell receptor-induced apoptosis by inhibiting Fas ligand induction and Fas signaling...
- The Alzheimer's disease-associated presenilins are differentially phosphorylated proteins located predominantly within the endoplasmic reticulumJ Walter
Central Institute of Mental Health, Department of Molecular Biology, Mannheim, Germany
Mol Med 2:673-91. 1996..Mutations in the recently cloned Presenilin genes (PS-1 and PS-2) are by far the most common cause of early onset familial AD...
- Familial Alzheimer's disease in kindreds with missense mutations in a gene on chromosome 1 related to the Alzheimer's disease type 3 geneE I Rogaev
Department of Medicine Neurology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nature 376:775-8. 1995..Our results also indicate that still other AD susceptibility genes exist...
- A novel presenilin-1 mutation (Leu85Pro) in early-onset Alzheimer disease with spastic paraparesisSuzuka Ataka
Department of Neurology, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Arch Neurol 61:1773-6. 2004..disease is caused by mutations in the amyloid precursor protein (APP), presenilin-1 (PSEN1), or presenilin-2 (PSEN2) genes. Phenotypic diversity has been reported to be associated with various mutations in PSEN1...
- A pedigree with a novel presenilin 1 mutation at a residue that is not conserved in presenilin 2M Yasuda
Hyogo Institute for Aging Brain and Cognitive Disorders, Himeji, Japan
Arch Neurol 56:65-9. 1999..To disclose a novel mutation of the presenilin 1 (PS1) gene responsible for early-onset Alzheimer disease and to clarify genotype-phenotype correlation that should help to establish the function of this protein...
- Complete genomic screen in late-onset familial Alzheimer disease. Evidence for a new locus on chromosome 12M A Pericak-Vance
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
JAMA 278:1237-41. 1997..have been identified as contributing to Alzheimer disease (AD), including the amyloid precursor protein gene, the presenilin 1 gene, the presenilin 2 gene, and the apolipoprotein E gene, but do not account for all the genetic risk for AD.
- Early-onset Alzheimer disease caused by a new mutation (V717L) in the amyloid precursor protein geneJ R Murrell
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 635 Barnhill Dr, Medical Science Bldg A128, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Arch Neurol 57:885-7. 2000Alzheimer disease is the most common form of dementia. Mutations in the genes amyloid precursor protein (APP), presenilin 1(PS1) and presenilin 2(PS2) have been found in early-onset familial forms of Alzheimer disease
- Genes and mechanisms involved in beta-amyloid generation and Alzheimer's diseaseH Steiner
Adolf-Butenandt-Institute, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Dept. of Biochemistry, Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 249:266-70. 1999..Like the mutations identified within the betaAPP gene, mutations in PS1 and PS2 cause the increased generation of Abeta42...
- Identification and characterization of Tc1/mariner-like DNA transposons in genomes of the pathogenic fungi of the Paracoccidioides species complexMarjorie M Marini
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
BMC Genomics 11:130. 2010..In this study the identification and characterization of class II transposable elements in the genomes of these fungi was carried out...
- The genetics of very early onset Alzheimer diseaseChristopher M Filley
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 20:149-56. 2007..This study was undertaken to clarify the genetics of very early onset Alzheimer disease (VEOAD), defined as AD beginning before age 35...
- Pharmacogenomics and therapeutic prospects in dementiaRamon Cacabelos
EuroEspes Biomedical Research Center, Institute for CNS Disorders, 15166 Bergondo, Coruna, Spain
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 258:28-47. 2008..Mutations in genes directly associated with the amyloid cascade (APP, PS1, PS2) are only present in less than 5% of the AD population; however, the presence of the APOE-4 allele in the ..
- Recruitment of distinct chromatin-modifying complexes by tamoxifen-complexed estrogen receptor at natural target gene promoters in vivoXue Feng Liu
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 279:15050-8. 2004..we observed that treatment with OHT rapidly induces the binding of ERalpha to the E-responsive promoter regions of pS2 and c-myc genes...
- Presenilin-1 and presenilin-2 exhibit distinct yet overlapping gamma-secretase activitiesMing Tain Lai
Department of Biological Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22475-81. 2003Presenilin-1 (PS1) and presenilin 2 (PS2) are proposed to be transmembrane aspartyl proteases that cleave amyloid precursor protein and Notch...
- Mutant presenilin 2 transgenic mouse: effect on an age-dependent increase of amyloid beta-protein 42 in the brainF Oyama
Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Neurochem 71:313-22. 1998..We have generated transgenic mouse lines overexpressing human wild-type or mutant PS2 under transcriptional control of the chicken beta-actin promoter...
- Polymorphism in the flanking regions of the PbGP43 gene from the human pathogen Paracoccidioides brasiliensis: search for protein binding sequences and poly(A) cleavage sitesAntonio A Rocha
Department of Microbiology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Microbiol 9:277. 2009..It is structurally related to glucanases, however not active, and whose expression varies considerably. We have presently studied polymorphisms in the PbGP43 flanking regions to help understand such variations...
- Immune responses and latent herpesvirus reactivation in spaceflightR P Stowe
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0609, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 72:884-91. 2001..In addition, adrenocortical and immune responses of an elderly astronaut (payload specialist-2, PS2; age 77) who flew on this mission were compared with that of younger crewmembers.
- Modulation of the estrogen-regulated proteins cathepsin D and pS2 by opioid agonists in hormone-sensitive breast cancer cell lines (MCF7 and T47D): evidence for an interaction between the two systemsS Panagiotou
Laboratoire de Cancerologie Experimentale, CJF INSERM 93 11, Marseille, France
J Cell Biochem 71:416-28. 1998..To investigate this interaction, we have assayed two estrogen-inducible proteins (pS2 and the lysosomal enzyme cathepsin D) in MCF7 and T47D cells...
- Interactions between the products of the Herpes simplex genome and Alzheimer's disease susceptibility genes: relevance to pathological-signalling cascadesC J Carter
Neurochem Int 52:920-34. 2008..A2M), and enters cells via nectin receptors, which are cleaved by gamma-secretase (APH1B, PSEN1, PSEN2, PEN2, NCSTN)...
- Heterogeneous origin of carbonic anhydrase activity of thylakoid membranesL K Ignatova
Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, 142290 Pushchino, Russia
Biochemistry (Mosc) 71:525-32. 2006..of pea thylakoids as well as thylakoid fragments enriched either in Photosystem 1 (PS1-membranes) or Photosystem 2 (PS2-membranes) were studied...
- The function of presenilin-1 in amyloid beta-peptide generation and brain developmentP Saftig
Zentrum Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, Abteilung Biochemie II, , Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 249:271-9. 1999..All mutations in the three FAD genes, i.e., amyloid precursor protein (APP), presenilin 1 (PS-1), and presenilin 2 (PS-2) cause an increased production of a longer, more amyloidogenic form of the amyloid peptide corroborating ..
- Early onset familial Alzheimer Disease with spastic paraparesis, dysarthria, and seizures and N135S mutation in PSEN1Leslie A Rudzinski
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 22:299-307. 2008..disease (EOFAD) can be caused by mutations in genes for amyloid precursor protein, presenilin 1 (PSEN1), or presenilin 2 (PSEN2)...
- Drosophila PS integrins recognize vertebrate vitronectin and function as cell-substratum adhesion receptors in vitroS Hirano
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Science, Kyoto University, Japan
Development 113:1007-16. 1991..The other components immunoprecipitated included two alpha chains of Drosophila integrins, PS1 alpha and PS2 alpha, as revealed using specific antibodies to these molecules...
- Lead(II)-induced allosteric G-quadruplex DNAzyme as a colorimetric and chemiluminescence sensor for highly sensitive and selective Pb2+ detectionTao Li
State Key Laboratory of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Changchun, Jilin, 130022, People s Republic of China
Anal Chem 82:1515-20. 2010..Here, we choose a common G-quadruplex DNAzyme named PS2.M to develop a novel Pb(2+) sensor with two detection means: colorimetry and chemiluminescence (CL)...
- Expression of the breast cancer-associated protein pS2 in adenosquamous carcinomas of the gastrointestinal tractC Welter
, , Homburg/Saar, Germany
Acta Oncol 32:315-7. 1993The breast cancer-associated protein pS2 is also present in many human gastrointestinal tumors...
- Isolation and characterization of a complementary DNA expressing human U1 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein C polypeptideK Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine and Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 140:311-7. 1988A cloned complementary DNA, termed pS2, was isolated from a human fibroblast cDNA library in the bacteriophage expression vector lambda gt11 after screening with a patient's serum containing a high titer of anti-ribonucleoprotein (RNP) ..
- Partial loss of presenilins causes seborrheic keratosis and autoimmune disease in miceJos Tournoy
Neuronal Cell Biology Laboratory, Center for Human Genetics CB 4, University Hospital, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Hum Mol Genet 13:1321-31. 2004Presenilin (PS1) and (PS2) are the centers of gamma-secretase that release Abeta from APP in Alzheimer's disease (AD). They cleave signaling proteins like Notch and downregulate beta-catenin to modulate Wnt signaling...
- Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis and therapeutic interventionsM S Parihar
Neuroscience Laboratory, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794 9626, USA
J Clin Neurosci 11:456-67. 2004..These four genes include: amyloid precursor protein (APP), presenilin 1 (PS1), presenilin 2 (PS2) and apolipoprotein E (ApoE)...
- Time at surgery during menstrual cycle and menopause affects pS2 but not cathepsin D levels in breast cancerP Pujol
Service de Biologie Cellulaire, , France
Br J Cancer 79:909-14. 1999Many studies have addressed the clinical value of pS2 as a marker of hormone responsiveness and of cathepsin D (Cath D) as a prognostic factor in breast cancer...
- Outer membrane proteins of Fibrobacter succinogenes with potential roles in adhesion to cellulose and in cellulose digestionHyun Sik Jun
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
J Bacteriol 189:6806-15. 2007..of binding of intact glucose-grown Fibrobacter succinogenes strain S85 cells and adhesion-defective mutants AD1 and AD4 to crystalline and acid-swollen (amorphous) cellulose showed that strain S85 bound efficiently to both forms of ..
- The Drosophila PS2 antigen is an invertebrate integrin that, like the fibronectin receptor, becomes localized to muscle attachmentsT Bogaert
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, England
Cell 51:929-40. 1987We establish that the position-specific antigen 2 (PS2), a Drosophila cell surface glycoprotein complex, is an invertebrate member of the vertebrate fibronectin receptor (integrin) family...
- Transcriptional regulation of the human FTZ-F1 gene encoding Ad4BP/SF-1K Oba
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Maidashi Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
J Biochem 128:517-28. 2000..FTZ-F1 genes, and a possible autoregulatory mechanism of the rFTZ-F1 gene by Ad4BP itself through binding to the Ad4 (or SF-1) site in the first intron...
- The surface (S)-layer gene cspB of Corynebacterium glutamicum is transcriptionally activated by a LuxR-type regulator and located on a 6 kb genomic island absent from the type strain ATCC 13032Nicole Hansmeier
Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Fakultat fur Biologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Universitatsstrasse 25, D 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
Microbiology 152:923-35. 2006..This region includes cspB, the structural gene encoding the S-layer protomer PS2, and six additional coding sequences...
- Effect of volatile oil of amomum on expressions of platelet activating factor and mastocarcinoma-related peptide in the gastric membrane of chronic gastritis patients with helicobacter-pylori infectionGuo dong Huang
Department of Integrative Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nangchang, 330066, China
Chin J Integr Med 14:23-7. 2008To observe the effect of volatile oil of amomum (VOA) on the expressions of mastocarcinoma-related peptide (PS2) and platelet activating factor (PAF) in helicobacter pyloriassociated gastritis (HPG) and to analyze its potential mechanism.
- [Anti-complement activity of polysaccharide B3-PS2 purified from Herba Scutellariae Barbatae]Yan Wu
The Life Science Department of Anqing Normal College, Anqing 246011, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 44:615-9. 2009The polysaccharide B3-PS2 was extracted and purified from Herba Scutellariae Barbatae through chromatography of DEAE-cellulose and Sephacryl S-300 column. Average molecular weight of B3-PS2 was about 1,100 kD...
- Co-culture of primary human mammary fibroblasts and MCF-7 cells as an in vitro breast cancer modelMarjoke Heneweer
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, PO Box 80176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 83:257-63. 2005..RNA was isolated and reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) was performed on the aromatase and pS2 genes...
- Photoinhibition and recovery of photosynthesis in leaves of Vitis berlandieri and Vitis rupestrisMassimo Bertamini
Istituto Agrario di San Michele all Adige, 38010 San Michele all Adige, Italy
J Plant Physiol 161:203-10. 2004..The potential efficiency of PS2, Fv/Fm declined, Fo increased significantly in leaves of V. berlandieri, while Fo decreased in V. rupestris...
- Response of crypt paneth cells in the small intestine following total-body gamma-irradiationN V Gorbunov
The Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc, USA
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 23:1111-23. 2010..we assessed the irradiation response of crypt host-defense Paneth cells by measuring alpha-defensin 4 (AD4) expression and correlated the gathered data with activation of the caspase-1/IL-1β inflammatory signaling cascade...
- Additive estrogenic effects of mixtures of frequently used UV filters on pS2-gene transcription in MCF-7 cellsMarjoke Heneweer
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, PO Box 80176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 208:170-7. 2005..In this paper, estrogen-regulated pS2 gene transcription in the human mammary tumor cell line MCF-7 was used as a measure of estrogenicity of four ..
- Effect of a carotene concentrate on the growth of human breast cancer cells and pS2 gene expressionK Nesaretnam
Palm Oil Research Institute of Malaysia, 6 Persiaran Institusi, Bandar Baru Bangi, 43000, Kajang, Malaysia
Toxicology 151:117-26. 2000..The pS2 gene is an estrogen-regulated gene and serves as a marker for the ER+ tumours...
- Specific downregulation of presenilin 2 gene expression is prominent during early stages of sporadic late-onset Alzheimer's diseaseP J McMillan
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Box 356560, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 78:138-45. 2000Mutations in the presenilin genes PS1 and PS2 cause familial Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Clinicopathological study of the expression of hsp27, pS2, cathepsin D and metallothionein in primary invasive breast cancerE Ioachim
Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Greece
Breast 12:111-9. 2003Expression of the hormone-related proteins hsp27, pS2, and also of cathepsin D (CD) and metallothionein (MT) was studied by immunohistochemistry and analyzed against clinical data in breast cancer...
- Effect of steroid receptors, pS2 and cathepsin D on the outcome of elderly breast cancer patients: an exploratory investigationD Coradini
Division of Experimental Oncology C, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Int J Cancer 79:305-11. 1998In 83 elderly breast cancer patients, oestrogen and progesterone receptors (ER, PgR), pS2 and cathepsin D (CathD) were evaluated for their possible prognostic role on disease-free survival (DFS)...
- Profiles of amyloid precursor and presenilin 2-like proteins are correlated during development of the mouse hypothalamusC Apert
INSERM U159, Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
J Neuroendocrinol 10:101-9. 1998..pattern of APP moeities in mouse hypothalamus and in fetal hypothalamic neurons in culture was compared with a presenilin 2 (PS2) related protein using an antibody developed against the N-terminal part of PS2...
- Estrogen receptor (ER) beta modulates ERalpha-mediated transcriptional activation by altering the recruitment of c-Fos and c-Jun to estrogen-responsive promotersJason Matthews
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge 14157, Sweden
Mol Endocrinol 20:534-43. 2006..Real-time PCR analysis of mRNA levels of two well-studied estrogen-responsive genes, pS2 and progesterone receptor (PR), showed that the expression levels of both genes were reduced in the presence of ..
- pS2 (TFF1) expression in prostate carcinoma: correlation with steroid receptor statusAsmaa Gaber Abdou
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Menofiya University, Shebein Elkom, Egypt
APMIS 116:961-71. 2008b>pS2 or TFF1 is a member of the trefoil factor family, which is distributed throughout the gastrointestinal tract in both normal and diseased tissues...
- Biochemical properties of endogenous presenilin 1 and presenilin 2 in cultured human B-lymphocytesLukasz Bojarski
Laboratory of Neurodegeneration, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:1273-6. 2007Presenilin 1 (PS1) and presenilin 2 (PS2) are membranous proteins involved in the pathology of Alzheimer's disease...
- Absence of PS integrins or laminin A affects extracellular adhesion, but not intracellular assembly, of hemiadherens and neuromuscular junctions in Drosophila embryosA Prokop
Department of Zoology, Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EJ, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 196:58-76. 1998..junctions ultrastructurally in single or double mutant Drosophila embryos lacking PS1 integrin (alphaPS1betaPS), PS2 integrin (alphaPS2betaPS), and/or their potential extracellular ligand laminin A...
- 4-O-Methylhonokiol attenuates memory impairment in presenilin 2 mutant mice through reduction of oxidative damage and inactivation of astrocytes and the ERK pathwayYoung Jung Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361 763, Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 50:66-77. 2011b>Presenilin 2 (PS2) mutation increases Aβ generation and neuronal cell death in the brains of Alzheimer disease (AD) patients...
- Interplay between estrogen response element sequence and ligands controls in vivo binding of estrogen receptor to regulated genesAdam J Krieg
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801 3602, USA
J Biol Chem 279:5025-34. 2004..estrogen receptor (ER) to promoters, we analyzed in vivo interaction of liganded ER with the imperfect ERE in the pS2 gene and the composite estrogen-responsive unit (ERU) in the proteinase inhibitor 9 (PI-9) gene...
- Recruitment of coactivator glucocorticoid receptor interacting protein 1 to an estrogen receptor transcription complex is regulated by the 3',5'-cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphate-dependent protein kinaseIngvild S Fenne
Institute of Medicine, Section for Endocrinology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Endocrinology 149:4336-45. 2008..cAMP/PKA initiated a rapid recruitment of GRIP1 to the endogenous estrogen receptor (ER)-alpha target pS2 gene promoter...
- Primary charge separation in the photosystem II core from Synechocystis: a comparison of femtosecond visible/midinfrared pump-probe spectra of wild-type and two P680 mutantsMariangela Di Donato
Department of Physics, Free University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biophys J 94:4783-95. 2008It is now quite well accepted that charge separation in PS2 reaction centers starts predominantly from the accessory chlorophyll B(A) and not from the special pair P(680)...
- Effect of antibody against integrin alpha4 on bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in miceQ Wang
Department of Molecular Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 60:1949-58. 2000..In this study, we tested the hypothesis that neutralizing antibody for integrin alpha4 (PS2) may reduce bleomycin (BL)-induced lung fibrosis in vivo...
- PS2 in breast cancer--alternative or complementary tool to steroid receptor status? Evaluation of 446 casesM Gion
Center for the Study of Biological Markers of Malignancy, General Regional Hospital, Venice, Italy
Br J Cancer 68:374-9. 1993The oestrogen induced pS2 protein was measured in the cytosol of 446 breast cancer samples by an immunoradiometric assay. The relationships between pS2 and several clinical and biological parameters were evaluated...
- Constitutive and cytokine-regulated expression of presenilin-1 and presenilin-2 genes in human neural cell linesJ Satoh
Division of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine, Saga Medical School, Saga, Japan
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 25:492-503. 1999..the regulation of presenilin (PS) gene expression in human neural cells, both presenilin-1 (PS1) and presenilin-2 (PS2) mRNA levels were analysed by Northern blotting in SK-N-SH neuroblastoma, IMR-32 neuroblastoma, NTera2 ..
- Expression of pS2 in prostate cancer correlates with grade and Chromogranin A expression but not with stageM Hammad Ather
Dept of Surgery, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Urol 4:14. 2004..Particular interest is focused on markers not expressed in normal prostatic tissues. pS2 protein expression has been demonstrated in a range of malignant tissues in an oestrogen-independent pathway...
- Gene regulation in an MCF-7 cell line that naturally expresses an estrogen receptor unable to directly bind DNABrian T Pentecost
Wadsworth Center, NY State DoH, P O Box 509, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 238:9-25. 2005..The E2-induction of progesterone receptor (PR) and HEM45 mRNAs was abolished. The effect on pS2 mRNA expression was complex: the pS2 mRNA levels fell approximately 50-fold in control M-ERd3/g8 cells...
- Identification of PSEN1 and PSEN2 gene mutations and variants in Turkish dementia patientsEbba Lohmann
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Neurobiol Aging 33:1850.e17-27. 2012..disease causative genes in Turkish dementia patients we screened amyloid precursor protein (APP), PSEN1 and PSEN2 for mutations in a cohort of 98 Turkish dementia families. Six families were found to carry PSEN1 mutations (p...
- The role of variation at AβPP, PSEN1, PSEN2, and MAPT in late onset Alzheimer's diseaseAmy Gerrish
MRC Centre for Neuropsychiatric Genetics and Genomics, Department of Psychological Medicine and Neurology, School of Medicine, Neuroscience and Mental Health Research Institute, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
J Alzheimers Dis 28:377-87. 2012Rare mutations in AβPP, PSEN1, and PSEN2 cause uncommon early onset forms of Alzheimer's disease (AD), and common variants in MAPT are associated with risk of other neurodegenerative disorders...
- A role for presenilins in autophagy revisited: normal acidification of lysosomes in cells lacking PSEN1 and PSEN2Xulun Zhang
Department of Neurobiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 32:8633-48. 2012Presenilins 1 and 2 (PS1 and PS2) are the catalytic subunits of the γ-secretase complex, and genes encoding mutant PS1 and PS2 variants cause familial forms of Alzheimer's disease. Lee et al...
- Modulation of transient receptor potential melastatin related 7 channel by presenilinsHyun Geun Oh
Department of Physiology, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon 440 746, South Korea
Dev Neurobiol 72:865-77. 2012Presenilins (PS1 and PS2) are multifunctional proteins involved in a diverse array of molecular and cellular functions, including proteolysis, development, neurogenesis, synaptic plasticity, ion channel regulation and phospholipid ..
- pS2 in breast carcinoma: association with steroid hormone receptor statusD Nikolic-Vukosavljevic
Institute of Oncology and Radiology of Serbia, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Tumori 84:691-4. 1998..In the present study the possible importance of estrogen-regulated pS2 protein was investigated...
- Implications of presenilin 1 mutations in Alzheimer's diseaseH Komano
Department of Dementia Research, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, Aichi, Japan
Mech Ageing Dev 107:281-98. 1999Mutations in presenilin 1 (PS1) and presenilin 2 (PS2) are the most common genetic factors underlying the development of early-onset familial Alzheimer's disease (FAD)...
- Biology of presenilins as causative molecules for Alzheimer diseaseM Nishimura
Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Genet 55:219-25. 1999..Furthermore, presenilins interact with beta-catenin to form presenilin complexes and presenilin mutations effect beta-catenin signalling pathways...
- Localisation of presenilin 2 in human and rodent pancreatic islet beta-cells; Met239Val presenilin 2 variant is not associated with diabetes in manE T Jaikaran
Diabetes Research Laboratories and Department of Human Anatomy and Genetics, Oxford, UK
J Cell Sci 112:2137-44. 1999..b>Presenilin 2 mRNA is expressed in brain, muscle and pancreas but the role of pancreatic presenilin 2 and its relationship to ..
- Mixture effects of estrogenic compounds on proliferation and pS2 expression of MCF-7 human breast cancer cellsJ A van Meeuwen
Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences IRAS, Utrecht University, P O Box 80177, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Food Chem Toxicol 45:2319-30. 2007..of mixtures with E(2) for effects on ERalpha receptor mediated cell proliferation and estrogen regulated pS2 expression level in MCF-7(bus) cells...
- The impact of different presenilin 1 andpresenilin 2 mutations on amyloid deposition, neurofibrillary changes and neuronal loss in the familial Alzheimer's disease brain: evidence for other phenotype-modifying factorsT Gomez-Isla
Neurology Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Neurology Service, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, USA
Brain 122:1709-19. 1999To assess the influence of the presenilin 1 (PS1) and 2 (PS2) mutations on amyloid deposition, neurofibrillary tangle (NFT) formation and neuronal loss, we performed stereologically based counts in a high-order association cortex, the ..
- SET-mediated promoter hypoacetylation is a prerequisite for coactivation of the estrogen-responsive pS2 gene by PRMT1Sabine Wagner
Institute of Molecular Biology and Tumor Research IMT, Philipps University of Marburg, Emil Mannkopff Strasse 2, 35032 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:27242-50. 2006..We show here that endogenous PRMT1 is a crucial and non-redundant coactivator of ER-mediated pS2 gene induction in MCF7 cells...
- Immunoradiometric measurement of pS2 in breast cancer--correlation with steroid receptors and plasminogen activatorsY Luqmani
Kuwait Cancer Control Center, and the Faculties of Allied Health Sciences, Kuwait University, Sulaibikhat
Acta Oncol 38:805-14. 1999b>pS2 was measured by radioimmunometric assay in tumour extracts from 197 breast cancer patients. Values ranged from 0 to 50 ng/mg protein (mean 9.6 and median 3 ng/mg)...
- The influence of endoproteolytic processing of familial Alzheimer's disease presenilin 2 on abeta42 amyloid peptide formationH Jacobsen
Pharma Division, Preclinical Central Nervous System Research, CH 4070 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 274:35233-9. 1999..We have mapped the cleavage site in the PS2 protein by direct sequencing of its C-terminal fragment isolated from mouse liver...
- Up-regulation of TFF1 (pS2) expression by TNF-alpha in gastric epithelial cellsTakero Koike
Department of Gastroenterology and Institute for Medical Science, Dokkyo Medical University, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:936-42. 2007TFF1 (pS2) is expressed at a high level in gastric epithelial cells and plays an important role in protecting the gastric mucosa. However, the regulatory mechanisms of TFF1 expression are not fully understood...
- Differentially expressed genes in transgenic mice carrying human mutant presenilin-2 (N141I): correlation of selenoprotein M with Alzheimer's diseaseDae Y Hwang
Division of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Institute of Toxicological Research, Korea FDA, 5 Nokbun dong Eunpyng ku, 122 704, Seoul, Korea
Neurochem Res 30:1009-19. 2005..Thus, the results indicate that SelM might play a suppressive or protective role in the pathology of patients with AD and it will be necessary to investigate further on functional roles of other up- and down-regulated gene in future...
- The ERBB4/HER4 receptor tyrosine kinase regulates gene expression by functioning as a STAT5A nuclear chaperoneChristopher C Williams
Department of Biochemistry, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, Tulane Cancer Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Cell Biol 167:469-78. 2004..Subsequent binding of the two proteins at transcription factor target promoters results in activation of gene expression...
- Cyclooxygenase 2, pS2, inducible nitric oxide synthase and transforming growth factor alpha in gastric adaptation to stressShi nan Nie
Emergency Department, Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing PLA Command Area, Clinical School of Medical College of Nanjing University, Nanjing 210002, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:3537-41. 2004To determine the role of mucosal gene expression of cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2), pS2 (belongs to trefoil peptides), inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and transforming growth factor alpha (TGFalpha) in gastric adaptation to water ..
- APOE and other loci affect age-at-onset in Alzheimer's disease families with PS2 mutationEllen M Wijsman
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Genetics, University of Washington, Box 357720, Seattle, WA 98195 7720, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 132:14-20. 2005Several kindreds of Volga German (VG) ancestry have a single PS2 mutation that causes an autosomal dominant form of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Tumor-associated neoexpression of the pS2 peptide and MUC5AC mucin in primary adenocarcinomas and signet ring cell carcinomas of the urinary bladderE Kunze
Department of Osteopathology and Hematopathology, Center of Pathology, University of Gottingen, Germany
Histol Histopathol 23:539-48. 2008..analyzed by immunohistochemistry the expression of a broad panel of proteins, associated with cell differentiation (pS2 peptide, MUC5AC, MUC6, spasmolytic polypeptide, cyclooxygenases-1 and -2, caveolin-1), and of various novel known ..
- Synaptic transmission and hippocampal long-term potentiation in transgenic mice expressing FAD-linked presenilin 1A Parent
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Neurobiol Dis 6:56-62. 1999Mutations in two related genes, presenilin 1 and presenilin 2 (PS1 and PS2), cause a subset of early-onset familial Alzheimer's disease (FAD)...
- Presenilin 2 modulates endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-mitochondria interactions and Ca2+ cross-talkEnrico Zampese
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua, 35121 Padua, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2777-82. 2011..We previously have demonstrated that FAD-linked presenilin 2 (PS2) mutants decrease the Ca(2+) content of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) by inhibiting sarcoendoplasmic ..
- Relationship of PS2 with response to tamoxifen therapy in patients with recurrent breast cancerJ A Foekens
Division of Endocrine Oncology Department of Medical Oncology, Dr Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 70:1217-23. 1994b>PS2, an oestrogen-inducible protein, was measured in the cytosol of 230 primary tumours from patients who were subjected to first-line tamoxifen therapy for advanced disease without prior adjuvant therapy with tamoxifen...
- Expression of presenilin 1 and 2 (PS1 and PS2) in human and murine tissuesM K Lee
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 16:7513-25. 1996Mutations in genes encoding related proteins, termed presenilin 1 (PS1) and presenilin 2 (PS2), are linked to the majority of cases with early-onset familial Alzheimer's disease (FAD)...
- Presenilins are enriched in endoplasmic reticulum membranes associated with mitochondriaEstela Area-Gomez
Department of Neurology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 175:1810-6. 2009Presenilin-1 (PS1) and -2 (PS2), which when mutated cause familial Alzheimer disease, have been localized to numerous compartments of the cell, including the endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi, nuclear envelope, endosomes, lysosomes, the ..
- Defining the minimal structural requirements for partial agonism at the type I myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptorR A Wilcox
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, UK
FEBS Lett 402:241-5. 1997..3F-Ins(1,4)P2-5PS], and D-3-fluoro-myo-inositol 1-phosphate-4,5-bisphosphorothioate [3F-Ins(1)P-(4,5)PS2] were utilised to define the structure-activity relationships which could produce partial agonism at the Ca2+ ..
- Variations in the neuropathology of familial Alzheimer's diseaseClaire Shepherd
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute, Barker Street, Randwick, NSW, 2031, Australia
Acta Neuropathol 118:37-52. 2009Mutations in the amyloid precursor protein (APP), presenilin 1 (PSEN1) and presenilin 2 (PSEN2) genes cause autosomal dominant familial Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Pooled safety and efficacy analysis examining the effect of performance status on outcomes in nine first-line treatment trials using individual data from patients with metastatic colorectal cancerDaniel J Sargent
Mayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1948-55. 2009..Clinical trials typically enroll less than 10% of patients with a PS of 2 (PS2); thus, the benefit of systemic chemotherapy in PS2 patients is uncertain.
- Altering presenilin gene activity in zebrafish embryos causes changes in expression of genes with potential involvement in Alzheimer's disease pathogenesisMorgan Newman
School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
J Alzheimers Dis 16:133-47. 2009Aberrant splicing and point mutations in the human presenilin genes, PSEN1 and PSEN2, have been linked to familial forms of Alzheimer's disease...
- Regeneration of Nucleus Pulposus by Tissue EngineeringIRVING M contact SHAPIRO; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will inject rabbit intervertebral discs with lentivirus encoding psen1/psen2-SiRNA to suppress expression of endogenous notch activity...
- Modifiers of Beta-Amyloid Metabolism and DepositionBruce T Lamb; Fiscal Year: 2010..altered dosage and mutations in the amyloid precursor protein gene as well as mutations in presenilin 1 and presenilin 2 genes all cause early-onset AD, while the APOE gene is major risk factor in late-onset AD...
- Alzheimre's disease antiamyloid neuroprotective tmtBala Manyam; Fiscal Year: 2003..with mutations in all three genes linked to early onset AD, the amyloid precursor protein, Presenilin 1 and Presenilin 2. Doubly transgenic mice with mutations in the amyloid precursor protein and Presenilin 1 rapidly develop AD-..
- PRESENILINS, APOPTOSIS AND AMYLOID BETA PROTEINJoseph Buxbaum; Fiscal Year: 2003..are caused by mutations in the highly related genes presenilin-1 (PS1) and presenilin-2 (PS1) and presinilin-2 (PS2) which encode what are predicted to be integral membrane proteins with six or eight membrane spanning domains...
- Plasma AB as a Surrogate Genetic Marker for LOADSteven Younkin; Fiscal Year: 2009..in conserved regions of major genes in the AB processing pathway (SORL1, APP, IDE, MME, ECE1, PLAU, BACE1, PSEN1, PSEN2, and VR22), and (3) evaluate the functional effects of the susceptibility alleles identified in specific aim 2...
- Prediction of Psychosis in Alzheimer DiseaseRobert A Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2010..Single locus and haplotype associations of NRG1, DTNBP1, DISC1, COMT, DAOA (formerly G72), AKT1, RGS4, APP, PS1, PS2, and MAPI with AD+P will be tested in a large (N=1000) AD+P vs AD-P Case-Control Cohort...
- Prediction of Psychosis in Alzheimer DiseaseRobert Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2007..Single locus and haplotype associations of NRG1, DTNBP1, DISC1, COMT, DAOA (formerly G72), AKT1, RGS4, APP, PS1, PS2, and MAPI with AD+P will be tested in a large (N=1000) AD+P vs AD-P Case-Control Cohort...
- Prediction of Psychosis in Alzheimer DiseaseRobert Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2009..Single locus and haplotype associations of NRG1, DTNBP1, DISC1, COMT, DAOA (formerly G72), AKT1, RGS4, APP, PS1, PS2, and MAPI with AD+P will be tested in a large (N=1000) AD+P vs AD-P Case-Control Cohort...
- An Integrated Genomic Approach to Alzheimer DiseaseMargaret Pericak Vance; Fiscal Year: 2006..Identifying the risks associated with the amyloid precursor protein, presenilin 1, presenilin 2, and apolipoprotein E genes has opened new avenues of research but because AD is a complex genetic disorder our ..
- MECHANISM OF PRESENILIN 1--ASSOCIATED CELL DEATHRudolph Tanzi; Fiscal Year: 2001..applicant's abstract) The genes encoding the amyloid beta protein precursor (APP) and presenilins 1 and 2 (PS1 and PS2) have been shown to harbor autosomal dominant gene defects in approximately 50 % of early-onset (<60 years) ..
- Biology of Breast Cancers Arising in Older WomenChristopher Benz; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. PR, pS2, Bcl2) and associated with enhanced oxidant stress-activated signaling (P-Erk5) and transcription factor ..
- GENOMIC SEARCH FOR SUSCEPTIBILITY--ALZHEIMER DISEASEAlison Goate; Fiscal Year: 2002..protein precursor (APP) gene on chromosome 21, the presenilin 1 (PS-1) gene on chromosome 14 and the presenilin 2 (PS-2) gene on chromosome 1 (1-3)...
- Nipple Fluid Hormone Levels and Breast Cancer RiskSEEMA AHSAN KHAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..dehydroepiandrosterone and testosterone) and related proteins (epidermal growth factor, cathepsin D, pS2, and prostate specific antigen)...
- Nipple Fluid Hormone Levels and Breast Cancer RiskSeema Khan; Fiscal Year: 2007..dehydroepiandrosterone and testosterone) and related proteins (epidermal growth factor, cathepsin D, pS2, and prostate specific antigen)...
- Regeneration of Nucleus Pulposus by Tissue EngineeringIrving Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will inject rabbit intervertebral discs with lentivirus encoding psen1/psen2-SiRNA to suppress expression of endogenous notch activity...
- Plasma AB as a Surrogate Genetic Marker for LOADSteven G Younkin; Fiscal Year: 2010..in conserved regions of major genes in the AB processing pathway (SORL1, APP, IDE, MME, ECE1, PLAU, BACE1, PSEN1, PSEN2, and VR22), and (3) evaluate the functional effects of the susceptibility alleles identified in specific aim 2...
- Function of intramembrane aspartic proteaseEvgeny I Rogaev; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mutations in two homologous presenilin genes, PS1 and PS2, are the cause of familial Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Function of intramembrane aspartic proteaseEvgeny Rogaev; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mutations in two homologous presenilin genes, PS1 and PS2, are the cause of familial Alzheimer's disease (AD)...