Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSD-95
Description: discs large MAGUK scaffold protein 4
Alias: PSD95, SAP-90, SAP90, disks large homolog 4, Tax interaction protein 15, discs large homolog 4, post-synaptic density protein 95, synapse-associated protein 90
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Xia Z, Gray J, Compton Toth B, Roth B. A direct interaction of PSD-95 with 5-HT2A serotonin receptors regulates receptor trafficking and signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:21901-8 pubmed..Taken together, the present work elucidates novel roles for PSD-95 in regulating the functional activity and intracellular trafficking of 5-HT2A receptors and possibly other GPCRs. ..
- Kawashima R, Ohnuma T, Shibata N, Arai H. No genetic association between postsynaptic density-95 gene polymorphisms and schizophrenia. Neurosci Lett. 2006;400:168-71 pubmed..The results suggested that these six polymorphisms did not affect risk for schizophrenia. ..
- Tsai S, Hong C, Cheng C, Liao D, Liou Y. Association study of polymorphisms in post-synaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95) with schizophrenia. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2007;114:423-6 pubmed..Further genetic studies in schizophrenia with other PSD-95-like molecules that interact with the glutamate system are suggested. ..
- Niethammer M, Kim E, Sheng M. Interaction between the C terminus of NMDA receptor subunits and multiple members of the PSD-95 family of membrane-associated guanylate kinases. J Neurosci. 1996;16:2157-63 pubmed..an interaction between NMDA receptor subunits 2A and 2B (NR2A and NR2B) and three distinct members of the PSD-95/SAP90 family of membrane-associated putative guanylate kinases...
- Kim E, Sheng M. Differential K+ channel clustering activity of PSD-95 and SAP97, two related membrane-associated putative guanylate kinases. Neuropharmacology. 1996;35:993-1000 pubmed..4 clustering occurs in > 60% of cotransfected cells, whereas Kv1.1 and Kv1.2 form convincing clusters with PSD-95 only in approximately 10% of cells. ..
- Irie M, Hata Y, Takeuchi M, Ichtchenko K, Toyoda A, Hirao K, et al. Binding of neuroligins to PSD-95. Science. 1997;277:1511-5 pubmed..Thus different PDZ domains of PSD-95 are specialized for distinct functions. PSD-95 may recruit ion channels and neurotransmitter receptors to intercellular junctions formed between neurons by neuroligins and beta-neurexins. ..
- Hu L, Tang Y, Miller W, Cong M, Lau A, Lefkowitz R, et al. beta 1-adrenergic receptor association with PSD-95. Inhibition of receptor internalization and facilitation of beta 1-adrenergic receptor interaction with N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:38659-66 pubmed
- Lim I, Hall D, Hell J. Selectivity and promiscuity of the first and second PDZ domains of PSD-95 and synapse-associated protein 102. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21697-711 pubmed..Two of these proteins, brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1 and protein kinase Calpha, co-immunoprecipitated with PSD-95 and SAP102 from rat brain extracts. ..
- Krapivinsky G, Krapivinsky L, Manasian Y, Ivanov A, Tyzio R, Pellegrino C, et al. The NMDA receptor is coupled to the ERK pathway by a direct interaction between NR2B and RasGRF1. Neuron. 2003;40:775-84 pubmed..The specific association of RasGRF1 with the NR2B subunit and study of ERK activation in neurons with varied content of NR2B suggests that NR2B-containing channels are the dominant activators of the NMDA-dependent ERK pathway. ..
- Saro D, Li T, Rupasinghe C, Paredes A, Caspers N, Spaller M. A thermodynamic ligand binding study of the third PDZ domain (PDZ3) from the mammalian neuronal protein PSD-95. Biochemistry. 2007;46:6340-52 pubmed..The cumulative results provide greater detail into the specific nature of ligand binding to PDZ3 and will assist in the development of selective molecular probes for the study of this and structurally homologous PDZ domains. ..
- Kim E, Niethammer M, Rothschild A, Jan Y, Sheng M. Clustering of Shaker-type K+ channels by interaction with a family of membrane-associated guanylate kinases. Nature. 1995;378:85-8 pubmed..3) and syntrophin), suggest that PDZ-domain-containing polypeptides may be widely involved in the organization of proteins at sites of membrane specialization. ..
- Migaud M, Charlesworth P, Dempster M, Webster L, Watabe A, Makhinson M, et al. Enhanced long-term potentiation and impaired learning in mice with mutant postsynaptic density-95 protein. Nature. 1998;396:433-9 pubmed..PSD-95 thus appears to be important in coupling the NMDA receptor to pathways that control bidirectional synaptic plasticity and learning. ..
- Chen L, Chetkovich D, Petralia R, Sweeney N, Kawasaki Y, Wenthold R, et al. Stargazin regulates synaptic targeting of AMPA receptors by two distinct mechanisms. Nature. 2000;408:936-43 pubmed
- Mok H, Shin H, Kim S, Lee J, Yoon J, Kim E. Association of the kinesin superfamily motor protein KIF1Balpha with postsynaptic density-95 (PSD-95), synapse-associated protein-97, and synaptic scaffolding molecule PSD-95/discs large/zona occludens-1 proteins. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5253-8 pubmed..large/zona occludens (PDZ) domain-binding motif with PDZ proteins including PSD-95/synapse-associated protein-90 (SAP90), SAP97, and synaptic scaffolding molecule (S-SCAM)-90 (SAP90)...
- Stiffler M, Grantcharova V, Sevecka M, MacBeath G. Uncovering quantitative protein interaction networks for mouse PDZ domains using protein microarrays. J Am Chem Soc. 2006;128:5913-22 pubmed
- Funk A, Rumbaugh G, Harotunian V, McCullumsmith R, Meador Woodruff J. Decreased expression of NMDA receptor-associated proteins in frontal cortex of elderly patients with schizophrenia. Neuroreport. 2009;20:1019-22 pubmed publisher..Postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95), Synaptic GTPase-activating protein (SynGAP), and Multiple PDZ domain protein (MUPP1) are integral components of ..
- Cheng M, Lu C, Luu S, Tsai H, Hsu S, Chen T, et al. Genetic and functional analysis of the DLG4 gene encoding the post-synaptic density protein 95 in schizophrenia. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15107 pubmed publisher..Post-synaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) plays a critical role in regulating the trafficking and activity of the NMDA receptor and altered expression of ..
- Tezuka T, Umemori H, Akiyama T, Nakanishi S, Yamamoto T. PSD-95 promotes Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR2A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:435-40 pubmed..These results suggest that PSD-95 is critical for regulation of NMDA receptor activity by Fyn and other Src-family PTKs, serving as a molecular scaffold for anchoring these PTKs to NR2A. ..
- Reddy P, Yin X, Manczak M, Kumar S, Pradeepkiran J, Vijayan M, et al. Mutant APP and amyloid beta-induced defective autophagy, mitophagy, mitochondrial structural and functional changes and synaptic damage in hippocampal neurons from Alzheimer's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2018;27:2502-2516 pubmed publisher..ATG5 & LC3BI, LC3BII), mitophagy (PINK1 & TERT, BCL2 & BNIPBL), synaptic (synaptophysin & PSD95) and dendritic (MAP2) genes were found in mAPP-HT22 cells relative to WT-HT22 cells...
- Frederikse P, Kasinathan C. Lens GABA receptors are a target of GABA-related agonists that mitigate experimental myopia. Med Hypotheses. 2015;84:589-92 pubmed publisher..with an unexpectedly comprehensive array of associated signaling proteins that include post-synaptic-density 95 (PSD95), calcium calmodulin kinase IIÎ± (CaMKIIÎ±), Fragile X Syndrome mental retardation protein (FMRP), ephrin ..
- Atrooz F, Liu H, Kochi C, Salim S. Early Life Sleep Deprivation: Role of Oxido-Inflammatory Processes. Neuroscience. 2019;406:22-37 pubmed publisher..postulation is that SD by increasing PFC oxido-inflammation, negatively affects glutamate receptor subunits and PSD95 expression, which disrupts synapse formation and maturation, potentially causing anxiety-like behavior at PND33...
- Tang J, Yu W, Chen S, Gao Z, Xiao B. Microglia Polarization and Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Chronic Social Defeat Stress Induced Depression Mouse. Neurochem Res. 2018;43:985-994 pubmed publisher..The decrease of spine density and postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) in hippocampus further verified the depression model...
- Hu Y, Zhang M, Chen Y, Yang Y, Zhang J. Postoperative intermittent fasting prevents hippocampal oxidative stress and memory deficits in a rat model of chronic cerebral hypoperfusion. Eur J Nutr. 2019;58:423-432 pubmed publisher..Cognitive enhancement paralleled preservation of the PSD95 and BDNF levels in the 2VO rat hippocampus...
- Manczak M, Kandimalla R, Yin X, Reddy P. Hippocampal mutant APP and amyloid beta-induced cognitive decline, dendritic spine loss, defective autophagy, mitophagy and mitochondrial abnormalities in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2018;27:1332-1342 pubmed publisher..NRF1, NRF2 and TFAM), autophagy (ATG5 and LC3BI, LC3BII), mitophagy (PINK1 and TERT), synaptic (synaptophysin and PSD95) and dendritic (MAP2) proteins were found in 12-month-old APP mice relative to age-matched non-transgenic WT mice...
- Wang X, Zhou H, Wang S, Liu C, Qin G, Fu Q, et al. NR2B-Tyr phosphorylation regulates synaptic plasticity in central sensitization in a chronic migraine rat model. J Headache Pain. 2018;19:102 pubmed publisher..in calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), substance P (SP), and the synaptic proteins postsynaptic density 95 (PSD95), synaptophysin (Syp), synaptotagmin1 (Syt-1)...
- Waters E, Thompson L, Patel P, Gonzales A, Ye H, Filardo E, et al. G-protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 is anatomically positioned to modulate synaptic plasticity in the mouse hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2015;35:2384-97 pubmed publisher..Some estradiol-induced changes observed in previous studies were replicated by the GPER agonist G1: G1 increased PSD95-IR in strata oriens, lucidum, and radiatum of CA3 in ovariectomized mice 6 h after administration...
- Lee H, Choi J, Shin H, Kim K, Yang J, Na M, et al. Preso, a novel PSD-95-interacting FERM and PDZ domain protein that regulates dendritic spine morphogenesis. J Neurosci. 2008;28:14546-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Preso positively regulates spine density through its interaction with the synaptic plasma membrane, actin filaments, PSD-95, and the betaPix-based Rac1 signaling pathway. ..
- Li W, Ghose S, Gleason K, Begovic A, Perez J, Bartko J, et al. Synaptic proteins in the hippocampus indicative of increased neuronal activity in CA3 in schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry. 2015;172:373-82 pubmed publisher..The GluN2B-containing NMDA receptors (GluN2B/GluN1) and their associated postsynaptic membrane protein PSD95 were both increased in schizophrenia in CA3 tissue, but not in CA1 tissue...
- Lee S, Kim Y, Han J, Park H, Lee U, Na M, et al. nArgBP2 regulates excitatory synapse formation by controlling dendritic spine morphology. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6749-54 pubmed publisher..They also raise the possibility that the aberrant regulation of synaptic actin filaments caused by reduced nArgBP2 expression may contribute to the manifestation of the synaptic dysfunction observed in manic/bipolar disorder. ..
- Li J, Wilkinson B, Clementel V, Hou J, O Dell T, Coba M. Long-term potentiation modulates synaptic phosphorylation networks and reshapes the structure of the postsynaptic interactome. Sci Signal. 2016;9:rs8 pubmed publisher..These data are a rich resource for future studies of LTP and suggest that the PSD holds the keys to understanding the molecular events that contribute to complex neurological disorders that affect synaptic plasticity. ..
- Bassand P, Bernard A, Rafiki A, Gayet D, Khrestchatisky M. Differential interaction of the tSXV motifs of the NR1 and NR2A NMDA receptor subunits with PSD-95 and SAP97. Eur J Neurosci. 1999;11:2031-43 pubmed..Using immunohistochemistry, we also compared the distribution of the PSD-95, NR2A and SAP97 proteins in adult rat brain, and we show that in the cortex, hippocampus and cerebellum, there is evidence for colocalization of these proteins. ..
- Eldstrom J, Doerksen K, Steele D, Fedida D. N-terminal PDZ-binding domain in Kv1 potassium channels. FEBS Lett. 2002;531:529-37 pubmed..A combination of in vitro binding and yeast two-hybrid assays unexpectedly showed that PDZ domains derived from PSD95 bind both the C- and N-termini of the channels with comparable avidity. From doubly transfected HEK293 cells, Kv1...
- Romorini S, Piccoli G, Jiang M, Grossano P, Tonna N, Passafaro M, et al. A functional role of postsynaptic density-95-guanylate kinase-associated protein complex in regulating Shank assembly and stability to synapses. J Neurosci. 2004;24:9391-404 pubmed..Our data suggest a possible functional and structural role of the PSD-95-GKAP complex in Shank and PSD protein assembly and stability to synapses. ..
- Kalia L, Pitcher G, Pelkey K, Salter M. PSD-95 is a negative regulator of the tyrosine kinase Src in the NMDA receptor complex. EMBO J. 2006;25:4971-82 pubmed..Thus, the PSD-95-Src SH2 domain interaction suppresses Src-mediated NMDAR upregulation, a finding that may be of broad importance for synaptic transmission and plasticity. ..
- Karolewicz B, Szebeni K, Gilmore T, Maciag D, Stockmeier C, Ordway G. Elevated levels of NR2A and PSD-95 in the lateral amygdala in depression. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2009;12:143-53 pubmed publisher..Amounts of NR1, nNOS, glutamine synthetase, and GAD-67 were unchanged. Increased levels of NR2A and PSD-95 suggest that glutamate signalling at the NMDA receptor in the amygdala is disrupted in depression. ..
- Nie C, Nie H, Zhao Y, Wu J, Zhang X. Betaine reverses the memory impairments in a chronic cerebral hypoperfusion rat model. Neurosci Lett. 2016;615:9-14 pubmed publisher..Betaine also restored the expression of PSD93, PSD95 and MAP2 to preserve the synaptic functions...
- Murciano Calles J, Güell Bosch J, Villegas S, Martinez J. Common features in the unfolding and misfolding of PDZ domains and beyond: the modulatory effect of domain swapping and extra-elements. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19242 pubmed publisher..misfolding kinetics, of the PDZ fold using three archetypical examples: the second and third PDZ domains of the PSD95 protein and the Erbin PDZ domain...
- Bae J, Han M, Shin H, Shon D, Lee S, Shin C, et al. Lycopersicon esculentum Extract Enhances Cognitive Function and Hippocampal Neurogenesis in Aged Mice. Nutrients. 2016;8: pubmed..The TEE supplement increased doublecortin (DCX)-positive cells and postsynaptic density-95 (PSD95) expression in mice hippocampus...
- Banerjee S, Venkatesan A, Bhat M. Neurexin, Neuroligin and Wishful Thinking coordinate synaptic cytoarchitecture and growth at neuromuscular junctions. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2017;78:9-24 pubmed publisher..subcellular distribution of Discs large (Dlg), which is the homolog of mammalian post-synaptic density protein, PSD95. dnrx and dnlg1 mutants also display ultrastructural defects ranging from abnormal active zones, misformed pre- ..
- Pedersen S, Albertsen L, Moran G, Levesque B, Pedersen S, Bartels L, et al. Site-Specific Phosphorylation of PSD-95 PDZ Domains Reveals Fine-Tuned Regulation of Protein-Protein Interactions. ACS Chem Biol. 2017;12:2313-2323 pubmed publisher..Our strategy to generate site-specifically phosphorylated PDZ domains provides a detailed understanding of the role of phosphorylation in the regulation of PSD-95 interactions. ..
- Andersen D, Tannenberg A, Burke C, Dodd P. Developmental rearrangements of cortical glutamate-NMDA receptor binding sites in late human gestation. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1995;88:178-85 pubmed..The evidence suggests that Glutamate-NMDA binding sites may undergo structural rearrangements which alter their ability to interact with ligands during the later stages of human gestation, and that such changes are regionally variable. ..
- Rousset R, Fabre S, Desbois C, Bantignies F, Jalinot P. The C-terminus of the HTLV-1 Tax oncoprotein mediates interaction with the PDZ domain of cellular proteins. Oncogene. 1998;16:643-54 pubmed..These data suggest that Tax could perturb the normal function of targeted cellular proteins by strongly interacting with their PDZ domains. ..
- Ludford Menting M, Thomas S, Crimeen B, Harris L, Loveland B, Bills M, et al. A functional interaction between CD46 and DLG4: a role for DLG4 in epithelial polarization. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:4477-84 pubmed..These data also indicate that, in addition to the known role for DLG4 in neuronal cells, DLG4 may be important for polarization in epithelial cells. ..
- Hirbec H, Francis J, Lauri S, Braithwaite S, Coussen F, Mulle C, et al. Rapid and differential regulation of AMPA and kainate receptors at hippocampal mossy fibre synapses by PICK1 and GRIP. Neuron. 2003;37:625-38 pubmedWe identified four PDZ domain-containing proteins, syntenin, PICK1, GRIP, and PSD95, as interactors with the kainate receptor (KAR) subunits GluR5(2b,) GluR5(2c), and GluR6...
- Gu W, Yang S, Shi W, Jin G, Zhen X. Requirement of PSD-95 for dopamine D1 receptor modulating glutamate NR1a/NR2B receptor function. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:756-62 pubmed..The present study provides the first evidence that PSD-95 is essential in D1R-regulated NR1a/NR2B receptor function. ..
- Glantz L, Gilmore J, Hamer R, Lieberman J, Jarskog L. Synaptophysin and postsynaptic density protein 95 in the human prefrontal cortex from mid-gestation into early adulthood. Neuroscience. 2007;149:582-91 pubmed
- Fan J, Cowan C, Zhang L, Hayden M, Raymond L. Interaction of postsynaptic density protein-95 with NMDA receptors influences excitotoxicity in the yeast artificial chromosome mouse model of Huntington's disease. J Neurosci. 2009;29:10928-38 pubmed publisher..Our results elucidate further the mechanisms underlying enhanced excitotoxicity in HD. ..
- Caffino L, Giannotti G, Malpighi C, Racagni G, Fumagalli F. Short-term withdrawal from developmental exposure to cocaine activates the glucocorticoid receptor and alters spine dynamics. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2015;25:1832-41 pubmed publisher..We found that PSD95, cofilin and F-actin, molecules regulating spine actin network, are reduced in the mPFC of PND 45 rats suggesting ..
- Lee S, Shatadal S, Griep A. Dlg-1 Interacts With and Regulates the Activities of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptors and EphA2 in the Mouse Lens. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:707-18 pubmed publisher..Dlg-1 complexes with and regulates the activities of EphA2, Fgfr1, Fgfr2, and Fgfr3. As EphA2 contains a Psd95/Dlg/ZO-1 (PDZ) binding motif, whereas Fgfrs do not, we propose that the PDZ protein, Dlg-1, modulates Fgfr ..
- Pan W, Han S, Kang L, Li S, Du J, Cui H. Effects of dihydrotestosterone on synaptic plasticity of the hippocampus in mild cognitive impairment male SAMP8 mice. Exp Ther Med. 2016;12:1455-1463 pubmed..that the expression of cAMP-response element binding protein (CREB), postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95), synaptophysin (SYN) and developmentally regulated brain protein (Drebrin) was reduced in the ..
- Li C, Schaefer M, Gray C, Yang Y, Furmanski O, Liu S, et al. Sensitivity to isoflurane anesthesia increases in autism spectrum disorder Shank3+/?c mutant mouse model. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2017;60:69-74 pubmed publisher..with a reduction in both the MAC and RREC50 of isoflurane and down regulation of NR1 in vestibular nuclei and PSD95 in spinal cord...
- Nasir Ahmad S, Lee S, Martin P, Grünert U. Melanopsin-expressing ganglion cells in human retina: Morphology, distribution, and synaptic connections. J Comp Neurol. 2019;527:312-327 pubmed publisher..Both the outer and inner stratifying dendrites express postsynaptic density (PSD95) immunoreactive puncta suggesting that they receive synaptic input from bipolar cells.
- Reinehr S, Kuehn S, Casola C, Koch D, Stute G, Grotegut P, et al. HSP27 immunization reinforces AII amacrine cell and synapse damage induced by S100 in an autoimmune glaucoma model. Cell Tissue Res. 2018;371:237-249 pubmed publisher..The presynaptic marker Bassoon and the postsynaptic marker PSD95 were significantly reduced in the S100 + HSP group...
- Takeuchi M, Hata Y, Hirao K, Toyoda A, Irie M, Takai Y. SAPAPs. A family of PSD-95/SAP90-associated proteins localized at postsynaptic density. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:11943-51 pubmedPSD-95/SAP90 is a member of membrane-associated guanylate kinases localized at postsynaptic density (PSD) in neuronal cells...
- Deguchi M, Hata Y, Takeuchi M, Ide N, Hirao K, Yao I, et al. BEGAIN (brain-enriched guanylate kinase-associated protein), a novel neuronal PSD-95/SAP90-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:26269-72 pubmedPSD-95/SAP90 is a synaptic membrane-associated guanylate kinase with three PDZ, one SH3, and one guanylate kinase (GK) domain. PSD-95/SAP90 binds various proteins through the PDZ domains and organizes synaptic junctions...
- Li Z, Benard O, Margolskee R. Ggamma13 interacts with PDZ domain-containing proteins. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11066-73 pubmed..We identified PSD95, Veli-2, and other PDZ domain-containing proteins as binding partners for Ggamma13 by yeast two-hybrid and pull-..
- Kim H, Shin A, Thayer S. Activation of cannabinoid type 2 receptors inhibits HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein gp120-induced synapse loss. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:357-66 pubmed publisher..imaging of neurons expressing DsRed2 and postsynaptic density protein 95 fused to green fluorescent protein (PSD95-GFP). Twenty-four-hour treatment with gp120 IIIB decreased the number of PSD95-GFP puncta by 37 ± 4%...
- Folci A, Murru L, Vezzoli E, Ponzoni L, Gerosa L, Moretto E, et al. Myosin IXa Binds AMPAR and Regulates Synaptic Structure, LTP, and Cognitive Function. Front Mol Neurosci. 2016;9:1 pubmed publisher..Myo9a(+/-) mice displayed a thicker PSD and increased levels of PSD95 and surface AMPAR expression...
- Schaletzki Y, Kromrey M, BrÃ¶derdorf S, Hammer E, Grube M, Hagen P, et al. Several adaptor proteins promote intracellular localisation of the transporter MRP4/ABCC4 in platelets and haematopoietic cells. Thromb Haemost. 2017;117:105-115 pubmed publisher..PDZ domain containing scaffold proteins ezrin-binding protein 50 (EBP50/NHERF1), postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95), and sorting nexin 27 (SNX27), but also the adaptor protein complex 3 subunit Î²3A (AP3B1) and the heat shock ..
- Nakao A, Miyazaki N, Ohira K, Hagihara H, Takagi T, Usuda N, et al. Immature morphological properties in subcellular-scale structures in the dentate gyrus of Schnurri-2 knockout mice: a model for schizophrenia and intellectual disability. Mol Brain. 2017;10:60 pubmed publisher..a significant reduction in GluR1 expression and a nominally significant decrease in SV2 expression, while PSD95 expression had a non-significant tendency to decrease in Shn2 KO mice...
- Kim E, DeMarco S, Marfatia S, Chishti A, Sheng M, Strehler E. Plasma membrane Ca2+ ATPase isoform 4b binds to membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) proteins via their PDZ (PSD-95/Dlg/ZO-1) domains. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:1591-5 pubmed..Alternative splicing may dictate their specific interaction with PDZ domain-containing proteins, potentially influencing their localization and incorporation into functional multiprotein complexes at the plasma membrane. ..
- Suzuki T, Li W, Zhang J, Tian Q, Sakagami H, Usuda N, et al. A novel scaffold protein, TANC, possibly a rat homolog of Drosophila rolling pebbles (rols), forms a multiprotein complex with various postsynaptic density proteins. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:339-50 pubmed..These results suggest that TANC protein may work as a postsynaptic scaffold component by forming a multiprotein complex with various postsynaptic density proteins. ..
- Jacobs M, Okvist A, Horvath M, Keller E, Bannon M, Morgello S, et al. Dopamine receptor D1 and postsynaptic density gene variants associate with opiate abuse and striatal expression levels. Mol Psychiatry. 2013;18:1205-10 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, these results support the hypothesis that there may be significant, genetically influenced interactions between glutamatergic and dopaminergic pathways in opiate abusers. ..
- Nissen K, Haugaard KedstrÃ¶m L, Wilbek T, Nielsen L, Ã…berg E, Kristensen A, et al. Targeting protein-protein interactions with trimeric ligands: high affinity inhibitors of the MAGUK protein family. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117668 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have provided novel inhibitors of the MAGUK proteins with exceptionally high affinity, which can be used to further elucidate the therapeutic potential of these proteins. ..
- Sen A, Hongpaisan J, Wang D, Nelson T, Alkon D. Protein Kinase C? (PKC?) Promotes Synaptogenesis through Membrane Accumulation of the Postsynaptic Density Protein PSD-95. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:16462-76 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PKC? promotes synaptogenesis by activating PSD-95 phosphorylation directly through JNK1 and calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II and also by inducing expression of PSD-95 and synaptophysin. ..
- Shinohara M, Koga S, Konno T, Nix J, Shinohara M, Aoki N, et al. Distinct spatiotemporal accumulation of N-truncated and full-length amyloid-?42 in Alzheimer's disease. Brain. 2017;140:3301-3316 pubmed publisher..truncated amyloid-?42 accumulation showed significant regional association with BACE1 and neprilysin, but not PSD95 that regionally associated with full-length amyloid-?42 accumulation...
- Naisbitt S, Kim E, Tu J, Xiao B, Sala C, Valtschanoff J, et al. Shank, a novel family of postsynaptic density proteins that binds to the NMDA receptor/PSD-95/GKAP complex and cortactin. Neuron. 1999;23:569-82 pubmed..Shank may function as a scaffold protein in the PSD, potentially cross-linking NMDA receptor/PSD-95 complexes and coupling them to regulators of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Choi J, Ko J, Park E, Lee J, Yoon J, Lim S, et al. Phosphorylation of stargazin by protein kinase A regulates its interaction with PSD-95. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12359-63 pubmed..These results suggest that phosphorylation of the stargazin C terminus by PKA regulates its interaction with PSD-95 and synaptic targeting of AMPARs. ..
- Schnell E, Sizemore M, Karimzadegan S, Chen L, Bredt D, Nicoll R. Direct interactions between PSD-95 and stargazin control synaptic AMPA receptor number. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13902-7 pubmed..Finally, we make compensatory mutations to both PSD-95 and stargazin to demonstrate the central role of direct interactions between them in determining the number of synaptic AMPARs. ..
- Larsson M, Hjälm G, Sakwe A, Engström Å, Höglund A, Larsson E, et al. Selective interaction of megalin with postsynaptic density-95 (PSD-95)-like membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) proteins. Biochem J. 2003;373:381-91 pubmed..Surface plasmon resonance experiments revealed that mutation of SAP97 Thr(389) to alanine, as with the other PSD-95-like membrane-associated guanylate kinases, induced binding to megalin. ..
- Thorsen T, Madsen K, Rebola N, Rathje M, Anggono V, Bach A, et al. Identification of a small-molecule inhibitor of the PICK1 PDZ domain that inhibits hippocampal LTP and LTD. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:413-8 pubmed publisher..Given the proposed role of the PICK1/AMPA receptor interaction in neuropathic pain, excitotoxicity, and cocaine addiction, FSC231 might serve as a lead in the future development of new therapeutics against these conditions. ..
- Tai L, Koster K, Luo J, Lee S, Wang Y, Collins N, et al. Amyloid-β pathology and APOE genotype modulate retinoid X receptor agonist activity in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30538-55 pubmed publisher..ABCA1, apoE4 lipoprotein-association/lipidation, and apoE4/Aβ complex, decreased soluble Aβ, and increased PSD95. In addition, hydrogel delivery, which mimics low sustained release, was equally effective as gavage for Bex and ..
- Zhu J, Shang Y, Xia Y, Zhang R, Zhang M. An Atypical MAGUK GK Target Recognition Mode Revealed by the Interaction between DLG and KIF13B. Structure. 2016;24:1876-1885 pubmed publisher..We further show that binding to non-phosphorylated targets is another general property of MAGUK GKs, thus expanding the mechanisms of action of the MAGUK family proteins. ..
- Jeyifous O, Lin E, Chen X, Antinone S, Mastro R, Drisdel R, et al. Palmitoylation regulates glutamate receptor distributions in postsynaptic densities through control of PSD95 conformation and orientation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E8482-E8491 pubmed publisherPostsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) and synapse-associated protein 97 (SAP97) are homologous scaffold proteins with different N-terminal domains, possessing either a palmitoylation site (PSD95) or an L27 domain (SAP97)...
- Shinozaki Y, Furuichi K, Toyama T, Kitajima S, Hara A, Iwata Y, et al. Impairment of the carnitine/organic cation transporter 1-ergothioneine axis is mediated by intestinal transporter dysfunction in chronic kidney disease. Kidney Int. 2017;92:1356-1369 pubmed publisher..Proteomic analysis, RT-PCR, Western blotting, and immunohistochemistry revealed that PDZ (PSD95, Dlg, and ZO1), a PDZK1 domain-containing protein that regulates the localization of transporters, was decreased ..
- Lauretti E, Pratico D. Effect of canola oil consumption on memory, synapse and neuropathology in the triple transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17134 pubmed publisher..While more studies are needed, our data do not justify the current trend aimed at replacing olive oil with canola oil. ..
- Anborgh P, Qian X, Papageorge A, Vass W, DeClue J, Lowy D. Ras-specific exchange factor GRF: oligomerization through its Dbl homology domain and calcium-dependent activation of Raf. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4611-22 pubmed
- Firestein B, Brenman J, Aoki C, Sanchez Perez A, El Husseini A, Bredt D. Cypin: a cytosolic regulator of PSD-95 postsynaptic targeting. Neuron. 1999;24:659-72 pubmed..In fact, PSD-95 can induce postsynaptic clustering of an otherwise diffusely localized K+ channel, Kv1.4. By regulating postsynaptic protein sorting, cypin may influence synaptic development and plasticity. ..
- Riefler G, Balasingam G, Lucas K, Wang S, Hsu S, Firestein B. Exocyst complex subunit sec8 binds to postsynaptic density protein-95 (PSD-95): a novel interaction regulated by cypin (cytosolic PSD-95 interactor). Biochem J. 2003;373:49-55 pubmed..Furthermore, the cytosolic PSD-95 interactor competes with sec8 for interaction with PSD-95. Taken together, our results suggest that the cytosolic PSD-95 interactor may function to regulate the ability of sec8 to bind to PSD-95. ..
- Bao J, Lin H, Ouyang Y, Lei D, Osman A, Kim T, et al. Activity-dependent transcription regulation of PSD-95 by neuregulin-1 and Eos. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:1250-8 pubmed..This upregulation of PSD-95 expression by the Nrg-ICD-Eos complex provides a molecular basis for activity-dependent synaptic plasticity. ..
- Møller T, Wirth V, Roberts N, Bender J, Bach A, Jacky B, et al. PDZ domain-mediated interactions of G protein-coupled receptors with postsynaptic density protein 95: quantitative characterization of interactions. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63352 pubmed publisher..The approach can easily be transferred to other receptors and scaffold proteins and this could help accelerate the discovery and quantitative characterization of GPCR-PDZ interactions. ..
- Shin M, Jeong H, An D, Lee H, Sung Y. Treadmill exercise facilitates synaptic plasticity on dopaminergic neurons and fibers in the mouse model with Parkinson's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2016;621:28-33 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings suggest that exercise may give beneficial effects to patients with PD by facilitating synaptic plasticity and increasing dendritic spines. ..
- Zhang X, Wang L, Xiong L, Huang F, Xue H. Timosaponin B-III exhibits antidepressive activity in a mouse model of postpartum depression by the regulation of inflammatory cytokines, BNDF signaling and synaptic plasticity. Exp Ther Med. 2017;14:3856-3861 pubmed publisher..BDNF), glucagon synthase kinase (GSK)-3?, glutamate receptor subunit 1 (GluR1), postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) and synapsin I were quantified using western blot analysis...
- Izmailov A, Povysheva T, Bashirov F, Sokolov M, Fadeev F, Garifulin R, et al. Spinal Cord Molecular and Cellular Changes Induced by Adenoviral Vector- and Cell-Mediated Triple Gene Therapy after Severe Contusion. Front Pharmacol. 2017;8:813 pubmed publisher..immunofluorescent staining using antibodies against the functional markers of motorneurons (Hsp27, synaptophysin, PSD95), astrocytes (GFAP, vimentin), oligodendrocytes (Olig2, NG2, Cx47) and microglial cells (Iba1)...
- Wu B, Wu M, Guo J. Effects of microRNA-10a on synapse remodeling in hippocampal neurons and neuronal cell proliferation and apoptosis through the BDNF signaling pathway in a rat model of Alzheimer's disease. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Expressions of miR-10a, p38, PSD95, BDNF, cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB), and tropomyosin receptor kinase B (Tr?B) were tested using RT-..
- Mathur R, Choi W, Eldstrom J, Wang Z, Kim J, Steele D, et al. A specific N-terminal residue in Kv1.5 is required for upregulation of the channel by SAP97. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:1-8 pubmed..5 currents associated with SAP97 overexpression suggesting a role for this kinase in the response. ..
- Marks D, Fadool D. Post-synaptic density perturbs insulin-induced Kv1.3 channel modulation via a clustering mechanism involving the SH3 domain. J Neurochem. 2007;103:1608-27 pubmed
- Yoshii A, Murata Y, Kim J, Zhang C, Shokat K, Constantine Paton M. TrkB and protein kinase M? regulate synaptic localization of PSD-95 in developing cortex. J Neurosci. 2011;31:11894-904 pubmed publisher..These results also indicate that palmitoylation can be regulated by a trophic factor. Our findings have implications for neurodevelopmental disorders as well as aging brains. ..
- Excoffon K, Kolawole A, Kusama N, Gansemer N, Sharma P, Hruska Hageman A, et al. Coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor (CAR) mediates trafficking of acid sensing ion channel 3 (ASIC3) via PSD-95. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;425:13-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that, in addition to activity as a viral receptor and adhesion molecule, CAR can play a role in trafficking proteins, including ion channels, in a PDZ-based scaffolding complex. ..
- Stephenson J, Paavola K, Schaefer S, Kaur B, Van Meir E, Hall R. Brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor-1 signaling, regulation, and enrichment in the postsynaptic density. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22248-56 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that BAI1 is a synaptic receptor that can activate both the Rho and ERK pathways, with the N-terminal and C-terminal regions of the receptor playing key roles in the regulation of BAI1 signaling activity. ..
- Lu J, Mccarter M, Lian G, Esposito G, Capoccia E, Delli Bovi L, et al. Global hypermethylation in fetal cortex of Down syndrome due to DNMT3L overexpression. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1714-27 pubmed publisher..increased mRNA levels for TP53 and APP, effectors of TSPYL5 Furthermore, DNMT3L overexpression increased APP and PSD95 expression in differentiating neurons, whereas DNMT3LshRNA could partially rescue the APP and PSD95 up-regulation ..
- Qiao H, An S, Xu C, Ma X. Role of proBDNF and BDNF in dendritic spine plasticity and depressive-like behaviors induced by an animal model of depression. Brain Res. 2017;1663:29-37 pubmed publisher..and determine the effects of BDNF and proBDNF on expressions of kalirin-7, postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) and NMDA receptor subunit NR2B in the hippocampus of stressed and naïve control rats, respectively...