Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRX
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of dopamine agonists and catechol-O-methyltransferase inhibitors in Parkinson's diseaseR Inzelberg
Department of Neurology, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 23:262-6. 2000To compare the efficacy and tolerability of three dopamine agonists--pergolide (PRG), pramipexole (PRX), and ropinirole (ROP)-and two catechol-O-methyltranferase (COMT) inhibitors-tolcapone (TOL) and entacapone (ENT)-as add-on therapies ..
- The peroxiredoxin and glutathione peroxidase families in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiRégine Dayer
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Ueberlandstrasse 133, CH 8600, Duebendorf, Switzerland
Genetics 179:41-57. 2008..PRXs are present in diverse subcellular compartments and divided into four types: 2-cys PRX, 1-cys PRX, PRX-Q, and type II PRX (PRXII)...
- Monitoring of cerebrovascular autoregulation: facts, myths, and missing linksMarek Czosnyka
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Neurosurgical Unit, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Neurocrit Care 10:373-86. 2009..The pressure-reactivity (PRx index) correlated with a state of low CBF and CMRO2 revealed using PET studies...
- In vitro oxime reactivation of red blood cell acetylcholinesterase inhibited by methyl-paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 27:168-75. 2007..Pralidoxime (PRX) is the oxime used in the United States...
- Five oximes (K-27, K-33, K-48, BI-6 and methoxime) in comparison with pralidoxime: in vitro reactivation of red blood cell acetylcholinesterase inhibited by paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 26:64-71. 2006Oximes are cholinesterase reactivators of use in poisoning with organophosphorus compounds. Pralidoxime (PRX) is used clinically as an adjunct to atropine in such exposure...
- Effect of pyridostigmine, pralidoxime and their combination on survival and cholinesterase activity in rats exposed to the organophosphate paraoxonGeorg A Petroianu
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, United Arab Emirates University, P O Box 17 666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Arch Toxicol 80:777-84. 2006..POX is a highly toxic non-neuropathic ethyl organophospate. Pralidoxime (PRX) is the enzyme reactivator used by some NATO armies...
- Protective agents in acute high-dose organophosphate exposure: comparison of ranitidine with pralidoxime in ratsG A Petroianu
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Appl Toxicol 25:68-73. 2005..paraoxon, POX) exposure in rats in direct comparison with the therapeutic gold-standard pralidoxime (PRX)...
- Five oximes (K-27, K-33, K-48, BI-6 and methoxime) in comparison with pralidoxime: survival in rats exposed to the organophosphate paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 26:262-8. 2006Oximes are cholinesterase reactivators used in organophosphorus poisoning. Clinical experience with pralidoxime (PRX) and other oximes is disappointing and their routine use has been questioned...
- Pralidoxime and l-lactate effects in vitro on the inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by paraoxon: pralidoxime does not confer superior protectionG Petroianu
University of Heidelberg at Mannheim, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Maybach Street 14 16, 68169 Mannheim, Germany
J Appl Toxicol 21:7-13. 2001..To assess the practical relevance, if any, of these findings, the protective effects of pralidoxime (PRX) and those of lactate had to be compared in the same in vitro model...
- Characterization of a mammalian peroxiredoxin that contains one conserved cysteineS W Kang
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 273:6303-11. 1998..TPx homologs, termed peroxiredoxin (Prx), have also been identified and include several proteins, designated 1-Cys Prx, that contain only one conserved ..
- Decreased expression of peroxiredoxins in Fuchs' endothelial dystrophyUla V Jurkunas
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2956-63. 2008To compare the relative expression of peroxiredoxin (Prx) proteins in normal human corneal endothelium with endothelium in corneas affected by Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy (FED) and between normal human endothelium and epithelial/stromal ..
- Hyperoxidized peroxiredoxins and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase immunoreactivity and protein levels are changed in the gerbil hippocampal CA1 region after transient forebrain ischemiaIn Koo Hwang
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon 200 702, South Korea
Neurochem Res 32:1530-8. 2007..present study, we investigated transient ischemia-induced chronological changes in hyperoxidized peroxiredoxins (Prx-SO3) and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH-SO3) immunoreactivity and protein levels in the gerbil ..
- The thiol-based redox networks of pathogens: unexploited targets in the search for new drugsTimo Jaeger
MOLISA GmbH, Molecular Links Sachsen Anhalt, Universitatsplatz 2, D 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Biofactors 27:109-20. 2006..linked via glutaredoxin and plasmoredoxin to terminal thioredoxin peroxidases belonging to both, the peroxiredoxin (Prx) and glutathione peroxidase (GPx) family...
- Biomphalaria glabrata peroxiredoxin: effect of schistosoma mansoni infection on differential gene regulationMatty Knight
Biomedical Research Institute, 12111 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 167:20-31. 2009..screened and a partial cDNA encoding an antioxidant enzyme thioredoxin peroxidase (Tpx), or peroxiredoxin (Prx), was identified...
- Characterization of clutathione amide reductase from Chromatium gracile. Identification of a novel thiol peroxidase (Prx/Grx) fueled by glutathione amide redox cyclingB Vergauwen
Laboratory of Protein Biochemistry and Protein Engineering, Gent University, 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Biol Chem 276:20890-7. 2001..We suggest GAR to be the newest member of the class I flavoprotein disulfide reductase family of oxidoreductases...
- Supramolecular control of polyplex dissociation and cell transfection: efficacy of amino groups and threading cyclodextrins in biocleavable polyrotaxanesAtsushi Yamashita
School of Materials Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1 1 Asahidai, Nomi, Ishikawa 923 1292, Japan
J Control Release 131:137-44. 2008..onto a poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) chain capped with benzyloxycarbonyl-L-tyrosine via disulfide linkages (DMAE-SS-PRX), involves the formation of a stable polyion complex (polyplex) against a counter polyanion and the intracellular ..
- A chicken homeobox gene related to Drosophila paired is predominantly expressed in the developing limbT Nohno
Department of Pharmacology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki City, Japan
Dev Biol 158:254-64. 1993We identified a homeobox-containing gene, Prx-1, isolated from the chick limb bud cDNA library. The homeodomain sequence is related to Drosophila paired and goose-berry and mouse Pax-3, Pax-6, and Pax-7...
- Divergent light-, ascorbate-, and oxidative stress-dependent regulation of expression of the peroxiredoxin gene family in ArabidopsisFrank Horling
Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry W5, University of Bielefeld, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Plant Physiol 131:317-25. 2003Peroxiredoxins (prxs) are peroxidases with broad substrate specificity. The seven prx genes expressed in Arabidopsis shoots were analyzed for their expressional response to changing photon fluence rates, oxidative stress, and ascorbate ..
- Paired-related homeobox genes cooperate in handplate and hindlimb zeugopod morphogenesisM F Lu
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Texas A and M University, Houston, Texas, 77030 3303, USA
Dev Biol 205:145-57. 1999The closely related homeobox genes prx-1 and prx-2 are expressed in lateral plate and limb bud mesoderm, but targeted inactivation of these genes failed to demonstrate a limb phenotype...
- Synergistic action of piroxicam on the eicosapentaenoic acid-induced apoptosis is associated with enhanced down-regulation of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 expression but not promoted activation of pro-apoptotic Bid proteinLawrence C M Chiu
Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, P R China
Oncol Rep 11:225-30. 2004..In this study, effect of piroxicam (PRX), a COX inhibitor, on the EPA-induced apoptosis in HL-60 cells was investigated...
- Ol-Prx 3, a member of an additional class of homeobox genes, is unimodally expressed in several domains of the developing and adult central nervous system of the medaka (Oryzias latipes)J S Joly
Laboratoire de Genetique des Poissons, Domaine de Vilvert, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:12987-92. 1997..In this context, we report the characterization of Ol-Prx 3 (Oryzias latipes-Prx 3)...
- Cerebrovascular reactivity during hypothermia and rewarmingA Lavinio
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Academic Neurosurgical Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Anaesth 99:237-44. 2007..The effects of hypothermia and subsequent rewarming on cerebral vasoreactivity in human TBI are unknown...
- Continuous monitoring of cerebrovascular pressure reactivity in patients with head injuryChristian Zweifel
Academic Neurosurgical Unit, University of Cambridge Clinical School, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Neurosurg Focus 25:E2. 2008..A cerebrovascular pressure reactivity index (PRx) can be determined as the moving correlation coefficient between mean intracranial pressure (ICP) and mean arterial ..
- The effects of acrolein on peroxiredoxins, thioredoxins, and thioredoxin reductase in human bronchial epithelial cellsCharles R Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Toxicology 257:95-104. 2009..Trx1) and mitochondrial (Trx2) thioredoxins in the reduced state, and the thioredoxins keep the peroxiredoxins (Prx) reduced, thereby supporting their peroxidase function...
- Fluorescence quenching of Acridine Orange in microemulsions induced by the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug PiroxicamSuzana M Andrade
Centro de Quimica Estrutural, Complexo 1, Instituto Superior Tecnico, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
Photochem Photobiol Sci 2:605-10. 2003..quenching of Acridine Orange (AO) by methyl viologen (MV2+) and the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Piroxicam (Prx), incorporated in sodium bis(2-ethylhexyl) sulfosuccinate (AOT)/isooctane/water and Triton X-100 (Trx-100)/..
- PRX-08066, a novel 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B antagonist, reduces monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension and right ventricular hypertrophy in ratsStacy L Porvasnik
Department of Pediatrics, Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0266, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 334:364-72. 2010..5-((4-(6-Chlorothieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4-ylamino)piperidin-1-yl)methyl)-2-fluorobenzonitrile monofumarate (PRX-08066) is a selective 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B (5-HT2BR) antagonist that causes selective vasodilation of ..
- Association between intracranial, arterial pulse pressure amplitudes and cerebral autoregulation in head injury patientsP K Eide
Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Neurol Res 29:578-82. 2007....
- Towards clarification of the inhibitory mechanism of wheat bran leachate on Microcystis aeruginosa NIES-843 (Cyanobacteria): physiological responsesJihai Shao
Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 430072 Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Ecotoxicology 19:1634-41. 2010..D1 protein of photosynthetic processes (psbA), synthesis of microcystins (mcyB), antioxidant protein peroxiredoxin (prx), synthesis of fatty acid (fabZ) and the repair of biological macromolecules (recA, grpE) were studied...
- Crystal structure of an archaeal peroxiredoxin from the aerobic hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon Aeropyrum pernix K1Eiichi Mizohata
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Mol Biol 354:317-29. 2005..We present here the X-ray crystal structure of an archaeal Prx from the aerobic hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon, Aeropyrum pernix K1, determined at 2.3 A resolution (Rwork of 17...
- Broad specificity AhpC-like peroxiredoxin and its thioredoxin reductant in the sparse antioxidant defense system of Treponema pallidumDerek Parsonage
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6240-5. 2010..Although this Tp peroxiredoxin (Prx) closely resembles AhpC-like Prxs, Tp lacks AhpF, the typical reductant for such enzymes...
- The function of peroxiredoxins in plant organelle redox metabolismKarl Josef Dietz
Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants, W5 134, Bielefeld University, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Exp Bot 57:1697-709. 2006In 1996, cDNA sequences referred to as plant peroxiredoxins (Prx), i.e. a 1-Cys Prx and a 2-Cys Prx, were reported from barley...
- Insights into the catalytic mechanism of the Bcp family: functional and structural analysis of Bcp1 from Sulfolobus solfataricusKatia D'Ambrosio
Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini CNR, Via Mezzocannone 16, 80134 Naples, Italy
Proteins 76:995-1006. 2009Bcps constitute a group of antioxidant enzymes, belonging to the Prx family, that are widely distributed in bacteria, plants, and fungi. These proteins can contain two conserved cysteines within the CXXXXC motif...
- Four thiol peroxidases contain a conserved GCT catalytic motif and act as a versatile array of lipid peroxidases in Anabaena sp. PCC7120Mee Kyung Cha
Department of Biochemistry, Paichai University, 439 6 Doma 2 Dong Seo Gu, Taejon 302 735, Republic of Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1736-48. 2007..genome contains seven open reading frames with homology to thiol peroxidase (TPx), also known as peroxiredoxin (Prx)...
- Modeling human peroxisome biogenesis disorders in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansHeather Thieringer
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08554, USA
J Cell Sci 116:1797-804. 2003..green fluorescent protein reporter targeted to the peroxisome, we establish that peroxisomal import is impaired in prx-5(RNAi) nematodes...
- Removal of hydrogen peroxide by a 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin enzyme of the filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitisR Chandrashekar
Heska Corporation, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Parasitol Res 86:200-6. 2000..of studies carried out on the biochemical activity and on immunolocalization of a recombinant peroxiredoxin (Prx) enzyme from the dog filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitis...
- Proteome analysis of aflatoxin B1-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri chinensis) and functional identification of candidate protein peroxiredoxin IIYuan Li
Department of Experimental Pathology, Guangxi Cancer Institute, Nanning, China
Proteomics 8:1490-501. 2008..Peroxiredoxin (Prx) II, one of the candidates with distinct alteration, was further investigated and validated...
- Peroxiredoxin IV regulates pro-inflammatory responses in large yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena crocea) and protects against bacterial challengeSuhong Yu
Key Laboratory of Marine Biogenetic Resources, Third Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration, Xiamen 361005, PR China
J Proteome Res 9:1424-36. 2010..Three Prx family members, namely, Prx I, Prx II, and Prx IV, were upregulated after treatment with the vaccine, indicating ..
- Novel protective mechanism against irreversible hyperoxidation of peroxiredoxin: Nalpha-terminal acetylation of human peroxiredoxin IIJae Ho Seo
School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:13455-65. 2009..Our comparative study of hyperoxidation and regeneration of Prx I and Prx II in HeLa cells revealed that Prx II is more susceptible than Prx I to hyperoxidation and that the ..
- A vacuolar class III peroxidase and the metabolism of anticancer indole alkaloids in Catharanthus roseus: Can peroxidases, secondary metabolites and arabinogalactan proteins be partners in microcompartmentation of cellular reactions?Mariana Sottomayor
IBMC Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular Universidade do Porto Porto Portugal
Plant Signal Behav 3:899-901. 2008..Recently, in a classical function-to-protein-to-gene approach, we have characterized the main class III peroxidase (Prx) expressed in C. roseus leaves, CrPrx1, implicated in a key biosynthetic step of the anticancer alkaloids...
- Identification of a new type of mammalian peroxiredoxin that forms an intramolecular disulfide as a reaction intermediateM S Seo
Laboratory of Cell Signaling and Department of Extramural Affairs, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 275:20346-54. 2000Peroxidases of the peroxiredoxin (Prx) family contain a Cys residue that is preceded by a conserved sequence in the NH(2)-terminal region...
- Evaluation of hepatic changes and local and systemic immune responses in goats immunized with recombinant Peroxiredoxin (Prx) and challenged with Fasciola hepaticaRicardo E Mendes
Department of Anatomy and Comparative Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cordoba, Animal Health Building, Campus Rabanales, Cordoba, Spain
Vaccine 28:2832-40. 2010Protection against Fasciola hepatica in goats immunized with Peroxiredoxin (Prx) was assessed...
- PRX-00023, a selective serotonin 1A receptor agonist, reduces ultrasonic vocalizations in infant rats bred for high infantile anxietySusan A Brunelli
Division of Developmental Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 94:8-15. 2009..infants (pups: Postnatal Day 11+/-1) were compared to those of randomly-bred controls in response to EPIX compound PRX-00023, a unique serotonin (5-HT) agonist, acting exclusively at the 5-HT1A receptor, or buspirone, a nonspecific ..
- Dual role of peroxiredoxin I in macrophage-derived foam cellsJames P Conway
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27991-8001. 2006..Specifically, our experiments have identified peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) as one of these up-regulated proteins...
- Oxidation of archaeal peroxiredoxin involves a hypervalent sulfur intermediateTsutomu Nakamura
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka 563 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6238-42. 2008..through a hypervalent sulfur intermediate by presenting crystallographic evidence from an archaeal peroxiredoxin (Prx), the thioredoxin peroxidase from Aeropyrum pernix K1 (ApTPx)...
- Differential protein expression of peroxiredoxin I and II by benzo(a)pyrene and quercetin treatment in 22Rv1 and PrEC prostate cell linesAmit Chaudhary
Department of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology Research Program, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, 315 Faser Hall, Box 1848, University, MS 38677, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 220:197-210. 2007..Western blots confirmed that BaP increased peroxiredoxin (Prx) Prx I and decreased Prx II in 22Rv1 cells. Similar results were found in PrEC normal prostate epithelial cells...
- Induction of peroxiredoxin gene expression by oxygen in lungs of newborn primatesK C Das
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 25:226-32. 2001Peroxiredoxin (Prx) is an important antioxidant defense enzyme that reduces hydrogen peroxide to molecular oxygen by using reducing equivalents from thioredoxin...
- Cloning and functional characterization of a typical 2-Cys peroxiredoxin from southern bluefin tuna (Thunnus maccoyii)Drew L Sutton
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide SA5001, Australia
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 156:97-106. 2010..Here we describe the cloning and functional characterization of a Prx 2 cDNA from southern bluefin tuna (SBT, Thunnus maccoyii), an important aquaculture species in South Australia...
- Molecular cloning, characterization and regulation of a peroxiredoxin gene from Schizosaccharomyces pombeGa Young Kang
Division of Life Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, 192 1 Hyoja 2 Dong, Chuncheon, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 35:387-95. 2008A gene encoding a putative peroxiredoxin (Prx) of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe was characterized and its regulation was studied...
- Direct evidence for the formation of a complex between 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin and glutathione S-transferase pi with activity changes in both enzymesLuis A Ralat
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biochemistry 45:360-72. 2006Glutathione S-transferase pi (GST pi) has been shown to reactivate oxidized 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx, Prx VI, Prdx6, and AOP2)...
- COMe: the ontology of bioinorganic proteinsKirill Degtyarenko
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
BMC Struct Biol 4:3. 2004....
- Peroxiredoxin-1 from Schistosoma japonicum functions as a scavenger against hydrogen peroxide but not nitric oxideTakashi Kumagai
Section of Environmental Parasitology, Department of International Health Development, Division of Public Health, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, Japan
Mol Biochem Parasitol 164:26-31. 2009Three peroxiredoxins (Prxs) are expressed during most of the developmental stages in the schistosome. Prx-1 is localized on the surface of the schistosomula and adults of Schistosoma japonicum, while Prx-2 is localized in the sub-..
- The effects of hexavalent chromium on thioredoxin reductase and peroxiredoxins in human bronchial epithelial cellsJudith M Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 47:1477-85. 2009..The Trx's keep many intracellular proteins reduced, including the peroxiredoxins (Prx's)...
- Molecular and functional properties of three different peroxiredoxin isotypes in Chinese cabbageSun Young Kim
Division of Applied Life Sciences Brain Korea 21 Program, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Korea
Mol Cells 33:27-33. 2012..The three Prx isotypes of Chinese cabbage, namely C1C-Prx, C2C-Prx, and C-PrxII, have recently been identified and characterized...
- Protein glutathionylation in the regulation of peroxiredoxins: a family of thiol-specific peroxidases that function as antioxidants, molecular chaperones, and signal modulatorsHo Zoon Chae
School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
Antioxid Redox Signal 16:506-23. 2012..Typical 2-Cys Prx also functions as a molecular chaperone when it exists as a decamer and/or higher molecular weight complexes...
- NTRC and chloroplast-generated reactive oxygen species regulate Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato disease development in tomato and arabidopsisYasuhiro Ishiga
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:294-306. 2012..Loss-of-function analysis of Prx and NADPH-dependent thioredoxin reductase C (NTRC), the central players of a chloroplast redox detoxification ..
- Post-nuclear gene delivery events for transgene expression by biocleavable polyrotaxanesYuma Yamada
Laboratory for Molecular Design of Pharmaceutics, Hokkaido University, Kita 12, Nishi 6, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
Biomaterials 33:3952-8. 2012..exists between the efficiency of DNA release and transfection activity, when biocleavable polyrotaxanes (DMAE-SS-PRX), in which the cationic density can be easily controlled...
- A tripartite nuclear localization signal in the PDZ-domain protein L-periaxinD L Sherman
Department of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 1QH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:4537-40. 2000..These data show that L-periaxin is a member of a growing family of proteins that can shuttle between the nucleus and cortical signaling/adherence complexes...
- A colorimetric assay for sulfiredoxin activity using inorganic phosphate measurementHojin Kim
Department of Life Science, Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Center for Cell Signaling and Drug Discovery Research, Ewha Womans University, 11 1 Daehyun Dong, Seodaemun gu Seoul 120 750, South Korea
Anal Biochem 393:36-40. 20092-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prx) is the major subgroup of a family of Prx enzymes that reduce peroxide molecules such as hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2))...
- Deglutathionylation of 2-Cys peroxiredoxin is specifically catalyzed by sulfiredoxinJi Won Park
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Biochemistry and Biophysics Center, Division of Intramural Research, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8012, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23364-74. 2009..We show that deglutathionylation of 2-Cys Prx, a family of peroxidases, is specifically catalyzed by Srx...
- Characterization of the murine gene encoding 1-Cys peroxiredoxin and identification of highly homologous genesT H Lee
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, PO Box 115, Yusong, Taejon 305 600, South Korea
Gene 234:337-44. 1999A new type of peroxiredoxin, named 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx), reduces hydrogen peroxide with the use of electrons from unidentified electron donor(s)...
- ICM+, a flexible platform for investigations of cerebrospinal dynamics in clinical practiceP Smielewski
Neurosurgery Unit, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospital, Level 4, A Block, Cambridge CB0 2QQ, UK
Acta Neurochir Suppl 102:145-51. 2008..For technically minded researchers there is a plug-in mechanism facilitating registration of third party libraries of functions and analysis tools...
- Peroxiredoxin I expression in human thyroid tumorsT Yanagawa
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, Chiba Cancer Center Hospital, Japan
Cancer Lett 145:127-32. 1999Peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) is newly discovered oxidative stress inducible protein, having a thioredoxin peroxidase activity...
- Cloning of the peroxiredoxin gene family in rats and characterization of the fourth memberA Matsumoto
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
FEBS Lett 443:246-50. 1999Peroxiredoxin (PRx) exhibits thioredoxin-dependent peroxidase activity and constitutes a family of proteins...
- Peroxiredoxin IV protects cells from radiation-induced apoptosis in head-and-neck squamous cell carcinomaJung Je Park
Department of Otolaryngology, Institute of Health Sciences, College of Medicine, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, South Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:1196-202. 2009Human peroxiredoxins (Prxs) are known as a family of thiol-specific antioxidant enzymes, among which Prx-I and -II play an important role in protecting cells from irradiation-induced cell death...
- Reactivity of brain tissue oxygen to change in cerebral perfusion pressure in head injured patientsDanila K Radolovich
Academic Neurosurgical Unit, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, P O Box 167, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, UK
Neurocrit Care 10:274-9. 2009..We aimed to compare similar indices describing interaction between changes in intracranial pressure (ICP), arterial blood pressure (ABP), and brain tissue oxygen to verify their clinical utility in patients after traumatic brain injury...
- Protein engineering of the quaternary sulfiredoxin.peroxiredoxin enzyme.substrate complex reveals the molecular basis for cysteine sulfinic acid phosphorylationThomas J Jönsson
Center for Structural Biology and Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Biol Chem 284:33305-10. 2009Oxidative stress can damage the active site cysteine of the antioxidant enzyme peroxiredoxin (Prx) to the sulfinic acid form, Prx-SO(2)(-). This modification leads to inactivation...
- Continuous monitoring of cerebrovascular pressure reactivity after traumatic brain injury in childrenKen M Brady
Division of Pediatric Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Department of aAnesthesiology and Critical Care, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Pediatrics 124:e1205-12. 2009We hypothesized that pressure reactivity index (PRx) values indicating preserved cerebrovascular pressure autoregulation would be associated with survival in children with traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- The dual-targeted plant sulfiredoxin retroreduces the sulfinic form of atypical mitochondrial peroxiredoxinIván Iglesias-Baena
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology of Plants, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, E 18008, Granada, Spain
Plant Physiol 155:944-55. 2011..In plants, Srx as well as typical 2-cysteine Prx have been considered as enzymes with exclusive chloroplast localization...
- The intracellular redox stress caused by hexavalent chromium is selective for proteins that have key roles in cell survival and thiol redox controlJudith M Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Toxicology 281:37-47. 2011..irreversible inhibition of thioredoxin reductase (TrxR) and the oxidation of thioredoxins (Trx) and peroxiredoxins (Prx)...
- Concerted action of sulfiredoxin and peroxiredoxin I protects against alcohol-induced oxidative injury in mouse liverSoo Han Bae
Department of Life Science, Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Hepatology 53:945-53. 2011..The active site cysteine residue of members of the 2-Cys Prx subgroup (Prx I to IV) of Prxs is hyperoxidized to cysteine sulfinic acid (Cys-SO(2) ) during catalysis with ..
- 5-HT(4) receptor agonist mediated enhancement of cognitive function in vivo and amyloid precursor protein processing in vitro: A pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic assessmentFei Shen
Department of Pharmacology, Theravance Inc, 901 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Neuropharmacology 61:69-79. 2011..In this study, the preclinical properties of three structurally-distinct 5-HT(4) receptor selective agonists, PRX-03140, velusetrag and TD-8954, were studied to assess their potential for symptomatic and disease-modifying benefit ..
- Oligomeric peroxiredoxin-I is an essential intermediate for p53 to activate MST1 kinase and apoptosisA Morinaka
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Oncogene 30:4208-18. 2011..However, the mechanism underlying MST1 activation by H₂O₂ remains unknown. Here we show that peroxiredoxin-I (PRX-I) is an essential intermediate in H₂O₂-induced MST1 activation and cisplatin-induced cell death through p53...
- Upregulation of peroxiredeoxin III in the hippocampus of acute immobilization stress model rats and the Foxo3a-dependent expression in PC12 cellsHee Jeong Jeong
Department of Pediatrics, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon, South Korea
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:1041-6. 2011..This study investigated whether acute stress altered the expression pattern of peroxiredoxin (Prx) III, which is an antioxidant enzyme that controls cytokine-induced peroxide levels...
- Identification and characterization of alternatively transcribed form of peroxiredoxin IV gene that is specifically expressed in spermatids of postpubertal mouse testisSun Hee Yim
Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Korea
J Biol Chem 286:39002-12. 2011..In the case of Prx I-III, the disulfide is reduced by thioredoxin, thus enabling these proteins to function as peroxidases...
- Peroxiredoxin-2 upregulated by NF-κB attenuates oxidative stress during the differentiation of muscle-derived C2C12 cellsHyeran Won
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology BK21 project, Medical Research Center for Bioreaction to Reactive Oxygen Species and Biomedical Science Institute, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Antioxid Redox Signal 16:245-61. 2012..Peroxiredoxin-2 (Prx-2) is an abundant mammalian enzyme that protects against oxidative stress...
- Peroxiredoxin I is a negative regulator of Th2-dominant allergic asthmaKen ichiro Inoue
Environmental Health Sciences Division, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, Tsukuba 305 8506, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 9:1281-8. 2009Peroxiredoxin (Prx) I, a ubiquitous antioxidant enzyme, is known to protect against inflammation; however, its role in the allergic inflammation remains unidentified...
- Peroxiredoxin III protects pancreatic ß cells from apoptosisGabriele Wolf
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Greifswald, Klinikum, Sauerbruchstrasse, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
J Endocrinol 207:163-75. 2010..For this reason, there is a considerable interest in the mitochondrial peroxiredoxin III (PRX III), a thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase, which was shown to be able to protect against both oxidative and ..
- Evaluation of the cerebrovascular pressure reactivity index using non-invasive finapres arterial blood pressureM Kasprowicz
Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Physiol Meas 31:1217-28. 2010A pressure reactivity index (PRx) can be assessed in patients with continuous monitoring of arterial blood pressure (ABP) and intracranial pressure (ICP) as a moving correlation coefficient between slow fluctuations of these two signals ..
- Silencing the Peroxiredoxin III gene inhibits cell proliferation in breast cancerPei Jou Chua
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, and Department of Pathology, Singapore General Hospital, MD10, S 117 597, Singapore
Int J Oncol 36:359-64. 2010Peroxiredoxin III (Prx III), an antioxidant protein found in mitochondria, plays an essential role in mitochondrial homeostasis. Aberrant expression of Prx III has been implicated in the tumorigenesis of various cancers...
- A theoretical and spectroscopic study of conformational structures of piroxicamKely Ferreira de Souza
Instituto de Quimica, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, PO Box 6154, 13083 970 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 75:901-7. 2010Piroxicam (PRX) has been widely studied in an attempt to elucidate the causes and mechanisms of its side effects, mainly the photo-toxicity...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of two genes encoding 2-Cys peroxiredoxins from Fasciola giganticaKulathida Chaithirayanon
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama VI Rd, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Exp Parasitol 125:106-13. 2010In Fasciola species, peroxiredoxin (Prx) serves as the major antioxidant enzyme to remove hydrogen peroxide that is generated from various metabolic reactions, because the parasites lack catalase, and only express glutathione peroxidases ..
- The influence of a pre-exercise sports drink (PRX) on factors related to maximal aerobic performanceAllyn Byars
Department of Kinesiology, Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX 76909, USA
J Int Soc Sports Nutr 7:12. 2010Pre-exercise sports drinks (PRX) are commonly used as ergogenic aids in athletic competitions requiring aerobic power. However, in most cases, claims regarding their effectiveness have not been substantiated...
- Glucose transporter protein 1 expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma of salivary gland: correlation with grade of malignancyAna P D Demasi
Department of Oral Pathology, São Leopoldo Mandic Research Center, Campinas, Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 91:107-13. 2010..immunohistochemistry the expression of glucose transporter 1 (Glut-1), mitochondrial antigen and peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) in samples of MEC from different histological grades...
- Characterization of plant sulfiredoxin and role of sulphinic form of 2-Cys peroxiredoxinIván Iglesias-Baena
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology of Plants, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, C Profesor Albareda 1, E 18008 Granada, Spain
J Exp Bot 61:1509-21. 2010The antioxidant function of 2-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prx) involves the oxidation of its conserved peroxidatic cysteine to sulphenic acid that is recycled by a reductor agent...
- Modulation of the human homeobox genes PRX-2 and HOXB13 in scarless fetal woundsE J Stelnicki
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Invest Dermatol 111:57-63. 1998..Two novel human homeobox genes, PRX-2 and HOXB13, were identified that were differentially expressed during fetal versus adult wound healing...
- Microglial peroxiredoxin V acts as an inducible anti-inflammatory antioxidant through cooperation with redox signaling cascadesHu Nan Sun
Aging Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Daejeon 305 806, Republic of Korea
J Neurochem 114:39-50. 2010..We demonstrate that microglial peroxiredoxin (Prx) 5 expression is up-regulated by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) through activation of the ROS-sensitive signaling pathway ..
- Peroxiredoxin I regulates the component expression of γ-secretase complex causing the Alzheimer's diseaseYoung Ju Lee
Department of Biomaterials Science, College of Natural Resources and Life Science, Pusan National University, Miryang, Korea
Lab Anim Res 27:293-9. 2011Peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) is a member of the peroxiredoxins (Prxs) family, which are antioxidant enzymes that regulate various cellular process via intracellular oxidative signal pathways...
- A redox-sensitive peroxiredoxin that is important for longevity has tissue- and stress-specific roles in stress resistanceMonika Oláhová
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:19839-44. 2008..For instance, peroxiredoxins (Prx) are conserved, abundant, thioredoxin peroxidase enzymes that function as tumor suppressors...
- Formation, TEM study and 3D reconstruction of the human erythrocyte peroxiredoxin-2 dodecahedral higher-order assemblyUlrich Meissner
Institute of Zoology, University of Mainz, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
Micron 38:29-39. 2007The production of a higher-order assembly of peroxiredoxin-2 (Prx-2) from human erythrocytes has been achieved during specimen preparation on holey carbon support films, in the presence of ammonium molybdate and polyethylene glycol...
- 2-Cys peroxiredoxins from Schistosoma japonicum: the expression profile and localization in the life cycleTakashi Kumagai
Department of Parasitology and Tropical Public Health, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyusyu 807 8555, Japan
Mol Biochem Parasitol 149:135-43. 2006Peroxiredoxin (Prx) is known to be an antioxidant protein that protects the organisms against various oxidative stresses and functions as a signal transductor...
- Expression of peroxiredoxin II in vascular tumors of the skin: a novel vascular marker of endothelial cellsSeung Chul Lee
Department of Dermatology, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, South Korea
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:487-91. 2003The peroxiredoxin (Prx) family consists of peroxidases to remove H(2)O(2) by using the thioredoxin system. In a previous study, Prx II was ubiquitously expressed in the epidermis and dermis including dermal vessels.
- Expression profiles of peroxiredoxin proteins of the rodent malaria parasite Plasmodium yoeliiShin ichiro Kawazu
Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, 1 21 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, 162 8655, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Parasitol 33:1455-61. 2003Patterns of expression of the 2-Cys and 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prx) proteins of the rodent malaria parasite Plasmodium yoelii during its life cycle were observed by immunofluorescent antibody staining and confocal laser scanning microscopy...
- Characterization of human and mouse peroxiredoxin IV: evidence for inhibition by Prx-IV of epidermal growth factor- and p53-induced reactive oxygen speciesC M Wong
Institute of Molecular Biology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam
Antioxid Redox Signal 2:507-18. 2000The aim of this study was to identify and characterize human and mouse Prx-IV. We identified mouse peroxiredoxin IV (Prx-IV) by virtue of sequence homology to its human ortholog previously called AOE372...
- 2-Cys Peroxiredoxin TPx-1 is involved in gametocyte development in Plasmodium bergheiKazuhiko Yano
Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo
Mol Biochem Parasitol 148:44-51. 2006..To investigate the physiologic role of typical 2-Cys Prx in malaria parasites (TPx-1), we disrupted this gene in the rodent malaria parasite Plasmodium berghei (pbtpx-1)...
- Rat lung peroxiredoxins I and II are differentially regulated during development and by hyperoxiaH S Kim
Lung Biology Laboratory, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3900 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 280:L1212-7. 2001Peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) and peroxiredoxin II (Prx II) are found in abundance in the cytoplasm of cells and catalyze the reduction of hydrogen peroxide with the use of electrons provided by thioredoxin...
- Complementary regulation of heme oxygenase-1 and peroxiredoxin I gene expression by oxidative stress in the liverS Immenschuh
Institute for Clinical Immunology und Transfusion Medicine, University of Giessen Langhansstr 7, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 51:471-7. 2005Heme oxygenase (HO)-1, the inducible isoform of the rate-limiting enzyme of heme degradation, and peroxiredoxin (Prx) I, a thioredoxin-dependent peroxidase, are multifunctional antioxidant stress proteins which are coordinately up-..
- Overexpression of peroxiredoxin in human breast cancerD Y Noh
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Jongno Ku, Korea
Anticancer Res 21:2085-90. 2001The peroxiredoxins (Prx) are a family of 25 kDa peroxidases that can reduce H2O2 using an electron from thioredoxin (Trx) or other substances...
- Continuous monitoring of cerebrovascular pressure reactivity allows determination of optimal cerebral perfusion pressure in patients with traumatic brain injuryLuzius A Steiner
Academic Neurosurgery, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Crit Care Med 30:733-8. 2002..To test the hypothesis that patients with poor outcome were managed at a cerebral perfusion pressure (CPP) differing more from their CPPOPT than were patients with good outcome...
- Regulation of PDGF signalling and vascular remodelling by peroxiredoxin IIMin Hee Choi
Division of Molecular Life Sciences and the Center for Cell Signaling Research, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Korea
Nature 435:347-53. 2005..Mammalian 2-Cys peroxiredoxin type II (Prx II; gene symbol Prdx2) is a cellular peroxidase that eliminates endogenous H2O2 produced in response to growth ..
- Roles of 1-Cys peroxiredoxin in haem detoxification in the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparumShin ichiro Kawazu
Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Toyama, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS J 272:1784-91. 2005In the present study, we investigated whether Plasmodium falciparum 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prx) (Pf1-Cys-Prx), a cytosolic protein expressed at high levels during the haem-digesting stage, can act as an antioxidant to cope with the ..
- Peroxiredoxin II is essential for sustaining life span of erythrocytes in miceTae Hoon Lee
Laboratory of Development and Differentiation, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Korea
Blood 101:5033-8. 2003..To clarify the physiological relevance of this protein type, we generated a mouse model deficient in Prx II, which is abundantly expressed in all types of cells. The Prx II-/- mice were healthy in appearance and fertile...
- Mechanistic Studies of Alkyl Hydroperoxide Reductase and Related Redox SystemsLeslie Poole; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have developed expertise in Prx enzymology over more than a decade of characterizing of Prxs from pathogenic bacteria (e.g...
- Mechanistic Studies of Alkyl Hydroperoxide Reductase and Related Redox SystemsLeslie Poole; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have developed expertise in Prx enzymology over more than a decade of characterizing of Prxs from pathogenic bacteria (e.g...
- Mechanistic Studies of Alkyl Hydroperoxide Reductase and Related Redox ProteinsLeslie B Poole; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have developed expertise in Prx enzymology over more than 15 years of characterizing of Prxs from pathogenic bacteria (e.g...
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES OF ALKYL HYDROPEROXIDE REDUCTASELeslie Poole; Fiscal Year: 2005..AhpC, the cysteine-based peroxidase component, is a member of the ubiquitous "peroxiredoxin" (Prx) family and reduces H2O2 and organic hydroperoxides through transient generation of a cysteine sulfenic acid on the ..
- NEW HOMEBOX GENES IN SCARLESS FETAL WOUND HEALINGCorey Largman; Fiscal Year: 2001..They have cloned two new homeobox genes (PRX-2 and HOXB13) from regenerating wounded human fetal skin which met criteria for influencing fetal skin regeneration...
- Peroxiredoxin 6 as an Anti-oxidant EnzymeAron B Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2010..factor Nrf2, and have developed a model based on lipid binding studies for the coordination of the peroxidase (Prx) and phospholipase (PLA2) activities of the protein. We are now seeking 5 years of support to extend these studies...
- HTS Inhibitors:Schistosoma Mansoni Peroxiredoxins(RMI)David Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..Schistosoma mansoni peroxiredoxins (Prx) are important parasite antioxidant proteins that play a crucial role in redox balance mechanisms...
- Laminin receptors and signals in Schwann cellsMARIA FELTRI; Fiscal Year: 2007..A laminin receptor, dystroglycan, also interacts with periaxin, mutated in Charcot-Marie-Tooth 4F (CMT4F)...
- Laminin receptors and signals in Schwann cellsMARIA L FELTRI; Fiscal Year: 2010..A laminin receptor, dystroglycan, also interacts with periaxin, mutated in Charcot-Marie-Tooth 4F (CMT4F)...
- Glutathione S-Transferases: Novel Regulators of Cellular Stress and ApoptosisROBERTA COLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..the cellular response to oxidative stress, since GSTpi activates the anti-oxidant enzyme 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx); and GSTs influence cell signaling through interactions with Jun N-terminal Kinase (JNK) and Apoptosis Signal-..
- Prx homebox genes in pulmonary vascular homeostasisPeter Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings support the general hypotheses that Prx genes are regulated by changes in cell adhesion to the ECM, and that Prx proteins play key roles in remodeling PM ..
- Glutathione S-Transferases: Novel Regulators of Cellular Stress and ApoptosisROBERTA COLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..the cellular response to oxidative stress, since GSTpi activates the anti-oxidant enzyme 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx); and GSTs influence cell signaling through interactions with Jun N-terminal Kinase (JNK) and Apoptosis Signal-..
- Cyclooxygenases in Skeletal RepairREGIS O KEEFE; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Aim1, we will characterizes fracture healing in COX-2f/f; Prx-1Cre and EP4f/-;Prx1Cre mice, in which COX-2 or EP4 receptor are deleted in mesenchymal cells or chondrocytes ..
- Cyclooxygenases in Skeletal RepairXinping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim1, we will characterizes fracture healing in COX-2f/f;Prx-1Cre and EP4f/-;Prx1Cre mice, in which COX-2 or EP4 receptor are deleted in mesenchymal cells or chondrocytes ..
- Phthalate-induced testicular mitochondrial dysfunctionTHOMAS ONORATO; Fiscal Year: 2005..objective are to: (1) test the postulate that MEHP affects testicular expression of the antioxidant peroxiredoxins (Prx), (2) determine whether MEHP exposure leads to Prx3 inactivation in GC, but not in SC, (3) establish whether Prx3 ..
- Prx1 in malignant progression of prostate cancerCandace S Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, the effects of Prx expression in human cancers, their influence on cancer therapy, and the regulatory basis of their expression in ..
- Peroxiredoxin 1 in radiotherapy of lung cancerYoung Mee Park; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the effects of Prx expression in human cancers, their influence on cancer therapy, and the regulatory basis for their expression in ..
- Prx1 in malignant progression of prostate cancerYoung Mee Park; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the effects of Prx expression in human cancers, their influence on cancer therapy, and the regulatory basis of their expression in ..
- TRANSGENIC/KNOCKOUT ANIMALS IN MYOCARDIAL PRESERVATIONDIPAK DAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..We plan to accomplish our goal by addressing five Specific Aims: i) to study if peroxiredoxin (Prx), the intracellular antioxidant protein with thioredoxin peroxidase activity, is responsible for the ..
- Structures & Redox Chemistry in Sulfinic Acid ReductionW Lowther; Fiscal Year: 2009..This discovery shattered the dogma of the irreversibility of overoxidation for the Prx enzyme family...
- Redox control of CD8 T cell proliferation, differentiation and deathJASON MITCHELL GRAYSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..TCR transgenic mice that overexpress both catalase and Cu superoxide dismutase (CAT/SOD) or lack peroxiredoxin II (Prx II -/-) will be used...
- Targets in Mycobacterium Tuberculosis: Stress Resistance & RepairCarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The fundamental novelty of this work is to broaden the range of targets to include enzymes of intermediary metabolism and DNA repair. ..
- TGF-BETA AND IGF IN MESENCHYMAL STEM CELL CHONDROGENESISAnna Spagnoli; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the role of TGF-beta and IGF-I in the chondrogenic potential of MSC will provide critical information for the development of an ex-vivo MSC-based TGF-beta and IGF-I delivery system capable of potentiating fracture healing. ..
- MACROPHAGES, DENDRITIC CELLS AND PATHOGENSCarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cores provide for BSL3 wet lab and mouse work; microarray analysis of gene expression; computation and comparison of gene expression results; and high throughput screening of chemical libraries. ..
- Biology of lipoamide dehydrogenase and 2-hydroxy-3-oxoadipate synthase in MtbCarl F Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2011..Compounds developed here will inhibit two enzymes that are required by non-replicating Mtb (Lpd) or seem likely to be so (HOAS) and along with metabolomic studies will shed fundamental new light on Mtb's intermediary metabolism. ..