Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRSS2
Description: serine protease 2
Alias: TRY2, TRY8, TRYP2, trypsin-2, anionic trypsinogen, protease serine 2 preproprotein, protease, serine 2, protease, serine, 2 (trypsin 2), trypsin II, trypsinogen 2
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- Loeb S, Bruinsma S, Nicholson J, Briganti A, Pickles T, Kakehi Y, et al. Active surveillance for prostate cancer: a systematic review of clinicopathologic variables and biomarkers for risk stratification. Eur Urol. 2015;67:619-26 pubmed publisher..Several PSA-based tests (free PSA, PHI, PSAD) and the extent of cancer on biopsy can help to stratify the risk of progression during active surveillance. Investigation of several other markers is under way. ..
- Connor S. Defining post-operative pancreatitis as a new pancreatic specific complication following pancreatic resection. HPB (Oxford). 2016;18:642-51 pubmed publisher..Improved recognition may allow better understanding of potential methods of prevention, treatment and prediction of severity. ..
- Karacosta L, Kuroski L, Hofmann W, Azabdaftari G, Mastri M, Gocher A, et al. Nucleoporin 62 and Ca(2+)/calmodulin dependent kinase kinase 2 regulate androgen receptor activity in castrate resistant prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2016;76:294-306 pubmed publisher..Nup62 and CaMKK2 are required for optimal AR transcriptional activity and a potential mechanism for AR re-activation in CRPC. ..
- PÅ¡eniÄka M, Saito T, LinhartovÃ¡ Z, Gazo I. Isolation and transplantation of sturgeon early-stage germ cells. Theriogenology. 2015;83:1085-92 pubmed publisher..1, 22.2, and 29.1 (30 dpt) to 108.5, 90.8, and 118.5 (90 dpt) in ovarian, testicular, and endogenous germ cells, respectively (PÂ <Â 0.05). The efficiency of transplantation was 60% (counted 90 dpt). ..
- Ketnawa S, MartÃnez Alvarez O, Benjakul S, Rawdkuen S. Gelatin hydrolysates from farmed Giant catfish skin using alkaline proteases and its antioxidative function of simulated gastro-intestinal digestion. Food Chem. 2016;192:34-42 pubmed publisher..Gelatin hydrolysates, from fish skin, could serve as a potential source of functional food ingredients for health promotion. ..
- Egbers L, Luedeke M, Rinckleb A, Kolb S, Wright J, Maier C, et al. Obesity and Prostate Cancer Risk According to Tumor TMPRSS2:ERG Gene Fusion Status. Am J Epidemiol. 2015;181:706-13 pubmed publisher..The altered steroid hormone profile in obese men may contribute to this inverse association. ..
- Hurley M, Durrenberger P, Gentleman S, Walls A, Dexter D. Altered Expression of Brain Proteinase-Activated Receptor-2, Trypsin-2 and Serpin Proteinase Inhibitors in Parkinson's Disease. J Mol Neurosci. 2015;57:48-62 pubmed publisher..Given the role of PAR2 in neuroinflammation, drugs that mitigate these changes may be neuroprotective when administered to patients with Parkinson's disease. ..
- Zhang B, Li S, Xie H, Fan J, Gu C, Kang C, et al. Effects of silencing the DUSP1 gene using lentiviral vector-mediated siRNA on the release of proinflammatory cytokines through regulation of the MAPK signaling pathway in mice with acute pancreatitis. Int J Mol Med. 2018;41:2213-2224 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that DUSP1 gene silencing promoted the release of proinflammatory cytokines through activation of the MAPK signaling pathway in mice with AP. ..
- Shan L, Ji T, Su X, Shao Q, Du T, Zhang S. TMPRSS2-ERG Fusion Promotes Recruitment of Regulatory T cells and Tumor Growth in Prostate Cancer. Am J Med Sci. 2018;356:72-78 pubmed publisher..TMPRSS2-ERG fusion can regulate the recruitment and infiltration of regulatory T cells to promote tumor growth in prostate cancer. ..
- Marques R, Aghai A, de Ridder C, Stuurman D, Hoeben S, Boer A, et al. High Efficacy of Combination Therapy Using PI3K/AKT Inhibitors with Androgen Deprivation in Prostate Cancer Preclinical Models. Eur Urol. 2015;67:1177-1185 pubmed publisher..This preclinical study illustrates the potent anticancer activity of novel PTEN-targeted drugs on PCa models, particularly in combination with hormonal therapy. ..
- He J, Sun X, Shi T, Schepmoes A, Fillmore T, Petyuk V, et al. Antibody-independent targeted quantification of TMPRSS2-ERG fusion protein products in prostate cancer. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:1169-80 pubmed publisher..The PRISM-SRM assays provide valuable tools for studying TMPRSS2-ERG gene fusion protein products in prostate cancer. ..
- Momeni L, Shareghi B, Farhadian S, Vaziri S, Saboury A, Raisi F. A molecular simulation and spectroscopic approach to the binding affinity between trypsin and 2-propanol and protein conformation. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;119:477-485 pubmed publisher..Upon 2-propanol conjugation, the residual activity of the enzyme was increased. 2-propanol, therefore, acted as a stabilizer and activator for trypsin. ..
- Lin J, Zhao D, Wang J, Wang Y, Li H, Yin X, et al. Transcriptome changes upon in vitro challenge with Mycobacterium bovis in monocyte-derived macrophages from bovine tuberculosis-infected and healthy cows. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2015;163:146-56 pubmed publisher..For macrophages, kallikrein-related peptidase 12 (KLK12) and protease, serine, 2 (trypsin 2) (PRSS2), as well as a secreted protein, acidic, cysteine-rich (osteonectin) (SPARC)-centered matricellular gene ..
- Burdelski C, Barreau Y, Simon R, Hube Magg C, Minner S, Koop C, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae-like 1 overexpression is frequent in prostate cancer and has markedly different effects in Ets-related gene fusion-positive and fusion-negative cancers. Hum Pathol. 2015;46:514-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest a markedly different role of SEC14L1 in TMPSSR2:ERG-negative and TMPSSR2:ERG-positive prostate cancers. ..
- Yilmaz O, Berber U, Okcelik S, Soydan H, Ates F, Karademir K. TMPRSS2-ERG gene fusion in Turkish patients with localized prostate cancer: results of radical prostatectomy specimens. Turk J Urol. 2016;42:60-3 pubmed publisher..049). The incidence of TMPRSS-ERG fusion in patients with localised prostate cancer in our study with Turkish population was found as 46.5%. Only tumor stage correlated with TMPRSS2-ERG fusion. ..
- Purayil H, Zhang Y, Dey A, Gersey Z, España Serrano L, Daaka Y. Arrestin2 modulates androgen receptor activation. Oncogene. 2015;34:3144-51 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate a new role for Arr2 in the expression and activation of AR and its potential relevance as a target for therapeutic intervention and monitoring of disease progression. ..
- Esumi M, Ishibashi M, Yamaguchi H, Nakajima S, Tai Y, Kikuta S, et al. Transmembrane serine protease TMPRSS2 activates hepatitis C virus infection. Hepatology. 2015;61:437-46 pubmed publisher..Host transmembrane serine proteases may be involved in the sensitivity, persistence, and pathogenesis of HCV infection and be possible targets for antiviral therapy. ..
- Sofia V, Surace C, Terlizzi V, Da Sacco L, Alghisi F, Angiolillo A, et al. Trans-heterozygosity for mutations enhances the risk of recurrent/chronic pancreatitis in patients with Cystic Fibrosis. Mol Med. 2018;24:38 pubmed publisher..We tested a panel of 8 genes involved in the IPAT, i.e. PRSS1, PRSS2, SPINK1, CTRC, CASR, CFTR, CTSB and KRT8 and 23 additional genes implicated in the PSP...
- Nahm C, Brown K, Townend P, Colvin E, Howell V, Gill A, et al. Acinar cell density at the pancreatic resection margin is associated with post-pancreatectomy pancreatitis and the development of postoperative pancreatic fistula. HPB (Oxford). 2018;20:432-440 pubmed publisher..81, 95%CI 2.17-145.9, pÂ =Â 0.001). The development of POPF may involve a complex interaction between acinar cell density, immediate leakage of pancreatic fluid, and postoperative pancreatitis. ..
- Singh N, Gupta D, Sharma S, Sahu D, Mishra A, Yadav D, et al. Single-nucleotide and copy-number variance related to severity of hypospadias. Pediatr Surg Int. 2018;34:991-1008 pubmed publisher..On aggregate analysis with p < 0.001, we identified homozygous-loss of Ch7:q34 (PRSS3P2, PRSS2)...
- Knuuttila M, Mehmood A, Mäki Jouppila J, Ryberg H, Taimen P, Knaapila J, et al. Intratumoral androgen levels are linked to TMPRSS2-ERG fusion in prostate cancer. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2018;25:807-819 pubmed publisher..Thus, patients with TMPRSS2-ERG-positive prostate cancer may benefit from novel inhibitors targeting the alternative DHT biosynthesis. ..
- Han S, Lee C, Trevino J, Hughes S, Sarosi G. Autocrine extra-pancreatic trypsin 3 secretion promotes cell proliferation and survival in esophageal adenocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76667 pubmed publisher..PAR-2 activation increases cancer cell proliferation, and promotes cancer cell survival. Targeting the trypsin activated PAR-2 pathway in conjunction with current chemotherapeutic agents may be a viable therapeutic strategy in EA. ..
- Hachero Cruzado I, RodrÃguez Rua A, RomÃ¡n Padilla J, Ponce M, FernÃ¡ndez DÃaz C, Manchado M. Characterization of the genomic responses in early Senegalese sole larvae fed diets with different dietary triacylglycerol and total lipids levels. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2014;12:61-73 pubmed publisher..In contrast, larvae fed LTAG showed higher mRNA levels of several pancreatic enzymes (try1a, try2, cela1, cela3, cela4, chym1, chym2, amy2a and pnlip) and appetite modulators (agrp1) and some intra- and ..
- Pettersson A, Graff R, Bauer S, Pitt M, Lis R, Stack E, et al. The TMPRSS2:ERG rearrangement, ERG expression, and prostate cancer outcomes: a cohort study and meta-analysis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012;21:1497-509 pubmed publisher..This is the largest prospective cohort study to examine associations of ERG overexpression and lethal prostate cancer among men treated with radical prostatectomy. ..
- Weiss F, Hesselbarth N, Párniczky A, Mosztbacher D, Lämmerhirt F, Ruffert C, et al. Common variants in the CLDN2-MORC4 and PRSS1-PRSS2 loci confer susceptibility to acute pancreatitis. Pancreatology. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Here we analysed whether common variants in the CLDN2-MORC4 and the PRSS1-PRSS2 locus that increase recurrent AP and CP risk associate with AP...
- Abou Ouf H, Zhao L, Bismar T. ERG expression in prostate cancer: biological relevance and clinical implication. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:1781-93 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of the mechanisms of ERG gene rearrangements and expression promises novel therapeutic and diagnostic avenues for prostate cancer. ..
- Sanguedolce F, Cormio A, Brunelli M, D Amuri A, Carrieri G, Bufo P, et al. Urine TMPRSS2: ERG Fusion Transcript as a Biomarker for Prostate Cancer: Literature Review. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2016;14:117-21 pubmed publisher..Should these findings be confirmed in larger studies, urinary TMPRSS2:ERG might become a valuable test not only for diagnosing PCa but also for distinguishing the aggressive tumors from the indolent ones. ..
- Jancsó Z, Sahin Toth M. Tighter Control by Chymotrypsin C (CTRC) Explains Lack of Association between Human Anionic Trypsinogen and Hereditary Pancreatitis. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:12897-905 pubmed publisherThe human pancreas expresses two major trypsinogen isoforms, cationic trypsinogen (PRSS1) and anionic trypsinogen (PRSS2)...
- Todorova K, Metodiev M, Metodieva G, Mincheff M, Fernandez N, Hayrabedyan S. Micro-RNA-204 Participates in TMPRSS2/ERG Regulation and Androgen Receptor Reprogramming in Prostate Cancer. Horm Cancer. 2017;8:28-48 pubmed publisher..In summary, miR-204 is a mild regulator of the AR function during the phase of preserved AR sensitivity as the latter one is required for ERG-fusion translocation. ..
- Merdan S, Tomlins S, Barnett C, Morgan T, Montie J, Wei J, et al. Assessment of long-term outcomes associated with urinary prostate cancer antigen 3 and TMPRSS2:ERG gene fusion at repeat biopsy. Cancer. 2015;121:4071-9 pubmed publisher..The use of PCA3 or T2:ERG testing for repeat biopsy decisions can substantially reduce the number of biopsies without significantly affecting 10-year survival. ..
- Yamamoto M, Matsuyama S, Li X, Takeda M, Kawaguchi Y, Inoue J, et al. Identification of Nafamostat as a Potent Inhibitor of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus S Protein-Mediated Membrane Fusion Using the Split-Protein-Based Cell-Cell Fusion Assay. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:6532-6539 pubmed publisher..Nafamostat also blocked MERS-CoV infection in vitro Our assay has the potential to facilitate the discovery of new inhibitors of membrane fusion of MERS-CoV as well as other viruses that rely on the activity of TMPRSS2. ..
- O Malley P, Nguyen D, Al Hussein Al Awamlh B, Wu G, Thompson I, Sanda M, et al. Racial Variation in the Utility of Urinary Biomarkers PCA3 and T2ERG in a Large Multicenter Study. J Urol. 2017;198:42-49 pubmed publisher..The post hoc subgroup analysis nature of the study limited findings to being hypothesis generating. As novel biomarkers are discovered, clinical utility should be established across demographically diverse cohorts. ..
- Garten W, Braden C, Arendt A, Peitsch C, Baron J, Lu Y, et al. Influenza virus activating host proteases: Identification, localization and inhibitors as potential therapeutics. Eur J Cell Biol. 2015;94:375-83 pubmed publisher..Their ubiquitous presence in the organism allows a systemic virus infection. Peptidomimetic inhibitors derived from the HA cleavage site inhibit the HA-activating proteases and thus virus propagation. ..
- Bkhairia I, Ben Khaled H, Ktari N, Miled N, Nasri M, Ghorbel S. Biochemical and molecular characterisation of a new alkaline trypsin from Liza aurata: Structural features explaining thermal stability. Food Chem. 2016;196:1346-54 pubmed publisher..It encodes a protein of 222 amino acids, having only 86% of identity with its most homologous trypsin II of the Salmo salar. A phylogenic analysis showed that L. aurata trypsin (LAT) is close to fish enzymes...
- Dondoo T, Fukumori T, Daizumoto K, Fukawa T, Kohzuki M, Kowada M, et al. Galectin-3 Is Implicated in Tumor Progression and Resistance to Anti-androgen Drug Through Regulation of Androgen Receptor Signaling in Prostate Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:125-134 pubmed..These results suggest that galectin-3 is a potential target molecule for future treatment of anti-androgen drug-resistant prostate cancer. ..
- Fallahabadi Z, Noori Daloii M, Mahdian R, Behjati F, Shokrgozar M, Abolhasani M, et al. Frequency of PTEN alterations, TMPRSS2-ERG fusion and their association in prostate cancer. Gene. 2016;575:755-60 pubmed publisher..While the majority of PCA samples harbor TMPRSS2-ERG fusion as well as PTEN gene deletion, normal tissues do not show these molecular aberrations. ..
- Laporte M, Naesens L. Airway proteases: an emerging drug target for influenza and other respiratory virus infections. Curr Opin Virol. 2017;24:16-24 pubmed publisher..Though still in its infancy, airway protease inhibition represents an attractive host-cell targeting approach to combat respiratory viruses such as influenza. ..
- Ghilardi C, Silini A, Figini S, Anastasia A, Lupi M, Fruscio R, et al. Trypsinogen 4 boosts tumor endothelial cells migration through proteolysis of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2. Oncotarget. 2015;6:28389-400 pubmed publisher..human endothelial cells (EC) express the trypsinogen 4 isoform of the serine protease 3 (PRSS3), and lack both PRSS2 and PRSS1...
- Sousa L, Mendes G, Campos D, Baruselli P, Papa P. Equine Chorionic Gonadotropin Modulates the Expression of Genes Related to the Structure and Function of the Bovine Corpus Luteum. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0164089 pubmed publisher..effect of stimulatory and superovulatory treatments on gene and protein expression of ANG, ANGPT1, NOS2, ADM, PRSS2, MMP9 and PLAU. Serum insulin did not differ among groups (P = 0.96)...
- Shirato K, Kanou K, Kawase M, Matsuyama S. Clinical Isolates of Human Coronavirus 229E Bypass the Endosome for Cell Entry. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed..Therefore, therapeutic agents for coronavirus-mediated diseases, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), should target cell surface TMPRSS2 rather than endosomal cathepsin. ..
- Mannan R, Bhasin T, Manjari M, Singh G, Bhatia P, Sharma S. Immunohistochemical expression of Ets-related gene-transcriptional factor in adenocarcinoma prostate and its correlation with Gleason score. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2016;59:489-495 pubmed publisher..ERG expression was found in 58% patients. An increase in the ERG expression was observed with an increase in Gleason score. The intensity of ERG expression, however, decreased with an increasing Gleason score. ..
- Hayashi K, Hosoe M, Kizaki K, Fujii S, Kanahara H, Takahashi T, et al. Differential gene expression profiling of endometrium during the mid-luteal phase of the estrous cycle between a repeat breeder (RB) and non-RB cows. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2017;15:20 pubmed publisher..combining the data above four endometrial compartments), RB cows showed up-regulation of 37 genes including PRSS2, GSTA3 and PIPOX and down-regulation of 39 genes including CHGA, KRT35 and THBS4 when compared with non-RB cows...
- Lu L, Zhang H, Pang J, Hou G, Lu M, Gao X. ERG rearrangement as a novel marker for predicting the extra-prostatic extension of clinically localised prostate cancer. Oncol Lett. 2016;11:2532-2538 pubmed..923%; specificity, 71.429%; 95% CI for AUC, 0.724-0.958). In addition, a high Gleason score (?7) and a cT2c classification upon biopsy were independent factors for EPE. ..
- Kukor Z, Toth M, Sahin Toth M. Human anionic trypsinogen: properties of autocatalytic activation and degradation and implications in pancreatic diseases. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2047-58 pubmedHuman pancreatic secretions contain two major trypsinogen isoforms, cationic and anionic trypsinogen, normally at a ratio of 2 : 1...
- Setlur S, Mertz K, Hoshida Y, Demichelis F, Lupien M, Perner S, et al. Estrogen-dependent signaling in a molecularly distinct subclass of aggressive prostate cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100:815-25 pubmed publisher..63- vs 1.0-fold, difference = 4.63-fold, 95% CI = 4.34- to 4.92-fold). TMPRSS2-ERG fusion prostate cancer is a distinct molecular subclass. TMPRSS2-ERG expression is regulated by a novel ER-dependent mechanism. ..
- Graff R, Pettersson A, Lis R, Ahearn T, Markt S, Wilson K, et al. Dietary lycopene intake and risk of prostate cancer defined by ERG protein expression. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016;103:851-60 pubmed publisher..In particular, tomato sauce consumption may play a role in reducing TMPRSS2:ERG-positive disease. ..
- Berg K. The prognostic and predictive value of TMPRSS2-ERG gene fusion and ERG protein expression in prostate cancer biopsies. Dan Med J. 2016;63: pubmed
- Bjartell A, Paju A, Zhang W, Gadaleanu V, Hansson J, Landberg G, et al. Expression of tumor-associated trypsinogens (TAT-1 and TAT-2) in prostate cancer. Prostate. 2005;64:29-39 pubmed..Further studies on the role of TAT in invasive PCa and on the mechanisms involved in the regulation of TAT expression are warranted. ..
- Vercaigne Marko D, Carrere J, Guy Crotte O, Figarella C, Hayem A. Human cationic and anionic trypsins: differences of interaction with alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor. Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler. 1989;370:1163-71 pubmedHuman cationic (trypsin 1) and anionic (trypsin 2) trypsins were obtained by controlled activation of purified trypsinogens 1 and 2, respectively...
- Pasternak A, White A, Jeffery C, Medina N, Cahoon M, Ringe D, et al. The energetic cost of induced fit catalysis: Crystal structures of trypsinogen mutants with enhanced activity and inhibitor affinity. Protein Sci. 2001;10:1331-42 pubmed..Together, these data illustrate that induced fit does not generally contribute to enzyme specificity. ..
- Cevik Y, Kavalci C, Ozer M, Daş M, Kiyak G, Ozdogan M. The role of urine trypsinogen-2 test in the differential diagnosis of acute pancreatitis in the Emergency Department. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2010;16:125-9 pubmed
- Uemura K, Murakami Y, Sudo T, Hashimoto Y, Nakashima A, Yamaoka E, et al. Elevation of urine trypsinogen 2 is an independent risk factor for pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy. Pancreas. 2012;41:876-81 pubmed publisherPrevious reports suggested that the urine trypsinogen 2 (U-TRP2) test might be a valuable method for the diagnosis of postoperative pancreatitis after pancreatic surgery...
- Whitcomb D, Larusch J, Krasinskas A, Klei L, Smith J, Brand R, et al. Common genetic variants in the CLDN2 and PRSS1-PRSS2 loci alter risk for alcohol-related and sporadic pancreatitis. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1349-54 pubmed publisher..We now report two associations at genome-wide significance identified and replicated at PRSS1-PRSS2 (P < 1 × 10(-12)) and X-linked CLDN2 (P < 1 × 10(-21)) through a two-stage genome-wide study (stage 1: 676 ..
- Figarella C, Negri G, Guy O. The two human trypsinogens. Inhibition spectra of the two human trypsins derived from their purified zymogens. Eur J Biochem. 1975;53:457-63 pubmed..b>Trypsin 2 was completely inhibited in a one-to-one molar ratio while trypsin 1 was poorly inhibited...
- Teich N, Le Maréchal C, Kukor Z, Caca K, Witzigmann H, Chen J, et al. Interaction between trypsinogen isoforms in genetically determined pancreatitis: mutation E79K in cationic trypsin (PRSS1) causes increased transactivation of anionic trypsinogen (PRSS2). Hum Mutat. 2004;23:22-31 pubmedThe human pancreas secretes two major trypsinogen isoforms, cationic and anionic trypsinogen. To date, 19 genetic variants have been identified in the cationic trypsinogen gene (PRSS1) of patients with hereditary, familial, or sporadic ..
- Sundaresan S, Chacko A, Dutta A, Bhatia E, Witt H, Te Morsche R, et al. Divergent roles of SPINK1 and PRSS2 variants in tropical calcific pancreatitis. Pancreatology. 2009;9:145-9 pubmed publisher..The trypsin inhibitor (SPINK1) N34S variant partially explains the genetic susceptibility to TCP. As anionic trypsinogen (PRSS2) G191R protects against chronic pancreatitis in Europeans, we investigated whether this variant ..
- Kume K, Masamune A, Takagi Y, Kikuta K, Watanabe T, Satoh K, et al. A loss-of-function p.G191R variant in the anionic trypsinogen (PRSS2) gene in Japanese patients with pancreatic disorders. Gut. 2009;58:820-4 pubmed publisher..It has been recently shown that a loss-of-function variant, c.571G>A (p.G191R), in the anionic trypsinogen (PRSS2) gene protects against chronic pancreatitis in European populations...
- Gao J, Zhu F, Lv S, Li Z, Ling Z, Gong Y, et al. Identification of pancreatic juice proteins as biomarkers of pancreatic cancer. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:1683-92 pubmed..Two proteins were up-regulated, serine proteinase-2 (PRSS2) preproprotein and pancreatic lipase-related protein-1 (PLRP1), and two proteins were down-regulated, ..
- Tseng C, Chen C, Lin S, Chang F, Lin H, Lee S. Rapid urinary trypsinogen-2 test strip in the diagnosis of pancreatitis after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Pancreas. 2011;40:1211-4 pubmed publisher..A negative urinary dipstick test at 3 hours after the procedure rules out post-ERCP pancreatitis with a high probability and allows of early discharge plan. ..
- Adamo P, Porazinski S, Rajatileka S, Jumbe S, Hagen R, Cheung M, et al. The oncogenic transcription factor ERG represses the transcription of the tumour suppressor gene PTEN in prostate cancer cells. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:5605-5610 pubmed publisher..ERG overexpression reduced endogenous PTEN expression, whereas ERG knockdown increased PTEN expression. The ability of ERG to repress PTEN may contribute to a more cancer-permissive environment...
- Pujante I, Moyano F, Martos Sitcha J, Mancera J, Martinez Rodriguez G. Effect of different salinities on gene expression and activity of digestive enzymes in the thick-lipped grey mullet (Chelon labrosus). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2018;44:349-373 pubmed publisherThe effects of different environmental salinities (0, 12, 40, and 55 ppt) on pepsinogen 2 (pga2), trypsinogen 2 (try2), chymotrypsinogen (ctr), and pancreatic alpha-amylase (amy2a) gene expression, and on the total activities of their ..
- Pollard S, Meier W, Chow P, Rosa J, Wiley D. CD4-binding regions of human immunodeficiency virus envelope glycoprotein gp120 defined by proteolytic digestion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:11320-4 pubmed
- Perona J, Tsu C, McGrath M, Craik C, Fletterick R. Relocating a negative charge in the binding pocket of trypsin. J Mol Biol. 1993;230:934-49 pubmed..This structural flexibility may be of critical importance to the retention of catalytic activity by the variant enzyme. ..
- Baptista A, Jonson P, Hough E, Petersen S. The origin of trypsin: evidence for multiple gene duplications in trypsins. J Mol Evol. 1998;47:353-62 pubmed..This ancestral trypsin gene was subsequently duplicated, leading to the earliest version of a full-sized trypsin, from which the contemporary trypsins have developed. ..
- Teich N, Nemoda Z, Kohler H, Heinritz W, Mossner J, Keim V, et al. Gene conversion between functional trypsinogen genes PRSS1 and PRSS2 associated with chronic pancreatitis in a six-year-old girl. Hum Mutat. 2005;25:343-7 pubmed..The recombination replaced at least 289 nucleotides with the paralogous sequence from the anionic trypsinogen gene (serine protease 2; PRSS2), and resulted in the PRSS1 mutations c.86A > T and c...
- Lempinen M, Isoniemi H, Makisalo H, Nordin A, Halme L, Arola J, et al. Enhanced detection of cholangiocarcinoma with serum trypsinogen-2 in patients with severe bile duct strictures. J Hepatol. 2007;47:677-83 pubmed..759. Our results suggest that serum trypsinogen-2 is a most useful marker for diagnosing patients with cholangiocarcinoma, and it is superior to serum CA19-9 and CEA. ..
- Vilen S, Nyberg P, Hukkanen M, Sutinen M, Ylipalosaari M, Bjartell A, et al. Intracellular co-localization of trypsin-2 and matrix metalloprotease-9: possible proteolytic cascade of trypsin-2, MMP-9 and enterokinase in carcinoma. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:914-26 pubmed
- Kobayashi K, Sasaki T, Serikawa M, Inoue M, Itsuki H, Chayama K. Assessment of trypsinogen-2 levels as an early diagnostic for post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2011;40:1206-10 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TRY-2 is a more sensitive marker than amylase, and it can be useful in early diagnosis of post-ERCP pancreatitis. ..
- Avanthi S, Ravi Kanth V, Agarwal J, Lakhtakia S, Gangineni K, Rao G, et al. Association of claudin2 and PRSS1-PRSS2 polymorphisms with idiopathic recurrent acute and chronic pancreatitis: A case-control study from India. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015;30:1796-801 pubmed publisher..In this study, we evaluated the association of claudin2 and PRSS1-PRSS2 polymorphisms with idiopathic RAP and CP...
- Zhou C, Young D, Yeboah E, Coburn S, Tettey Y, Biritwum R, et al. TMPRSS2:ERG Gene Fusions in Prostate Cancer of West African Men and a Meta-Analysis of Racial Differences. Am J Epidemiol. 2017;186:1352-1361 pubmed publisher..The lower prevalence of TMPRSS2:ERG fusions in men of African descent implies that alternative genomic mechanisms might explain the disproportionately high prostate cancer burden in such populations. ..
- Wang Z, Wang Y, Zhang J, Hu Q, Zhi F, Zhang S, et al. Significance of the TMPRSS2:ERG gene fusion in prostate cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:5450-5458 pubmed publisher..However, the precise mechanism of these results remains unclear; therefore, further studies are required. ..
- Konttinen Y, Halinen S, Hanemaaijer R, Sorsa T, Hietanen J, Ceponis A, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 type IV collagenase/gelatinase implicated in the pathogenesis of Sjögren's syndrome. Matrix Biol. 1998;17:335-47 pubmed..Due to the role of basal lamina as an important molecular sieve and extracellular matrix-cell signal, these pathological changes may contribute to the pathogenesis of the syndrome. ..
- Paju A, Bjartell A, Zhang W, Nordling S, Borgstrom A, Hansson J, et al. Expression and characterization of trypsinogen produced in the human male genital tract. Am J Pathol. 2000;157:2011-21 pubmed..These results suggest that trypsinogen isoenzymes found in seminal fluid are produced locally in the male genital tract and that they may play a physiological role in the semen. ..
- Cederqvist K, Haglund C, Heikkila P, Sorsa T, Tervahartiala T, Stenman U, et al. Pulmonary trypsin-2 in the development of bronchopulmonary dysplasia in preterm infants. Pediatrics. 2003;112:570-7 pubmed..This raises the possibility that therapy with exogenous proteinase inhibitors might prevent the development of BPD in preterm infants with respiratory distress. ..
- Felderbauer P, Karakas E, Fendrich V, Lebert R, Bartsch D, Bulut K. Multifactorial genesis of pancreatitis in primary hyperparathyroidism: evidence for "protective" (PRSS2) and "destructive" (CTRC) genetic factors. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2011;119:26-9 pubmed publisher..in the Chymotrypsin C gene (CTRC) it became clear that also protective genetic variants exist in the anionic trypsinogen gene (PRSS2) that decrease susceptibility for pancreatitis...
- Mayumi T, Inui K, Maetani I, Yokoe M, Sakamoto T, Yoshida M, et al. Validity of the urinary trypsinogen-2 test in the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2012;41:869-75 pubmed publisher..2% and 7.63, respectively. This simple, rapid, easy, and noninvasive urinary trypsinogen-2 test can diagnose or rule out most cases of acute pancreatitis. ..
- Derikx M, Kovacs P, Scholz M, Masson E, Chen J, Ruffert C, et al. Polymorphisms at PRSS1-PRSS2 and CLDN2-MORC4 loci associate with alcoholic and non-alcoholic chronic pancreatitis in a European replication study. Gut. 2015;64:1426-33 pubmed publisher..A genome-wide association study reported an association of chronic pancreatitis (CP) with variants in PRSS1-PRSS2 (rs10273639; near the gene encoding cationic trypsinogen) and CLDN2-MORC4 loci (rs7057398 in RIPPLY1 and ..
- Cao J, Xia C, Cui T, Guo H, Li H, Ren Y, et al. Correlations between serum trypsinogen-2 and pancreatic cancer. Hepatogastroenterology. 2015;62:435-40 pubmed..Levels between 1.8 Î¼g/L and 19.9 Î¼g/L strongly suggest PC. Detection of serum trypsinogen-2 may provide simple, sensitive, specific non-invasive initial screening for early PC diagnosis. ..
- Pu H, Begemann D, Kyprianou N. Aberrant TGF-? Signaling Drives Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer in a Male Mouse Model of Prostate Tumorigenesis. Endocrinology. 2017;158:1612-1622 pubmed publisher..The work defines a potentially significant new targeting platform for overcoming therapeutic resistance in CRPC...
- Campa D, Pastore M, Capurso G, Hackert T, Di Leo M, Izbicki J, et al. Do pancreatic cancer and chronic pancreatitis share the same genetic risk factors? A PANcreatic Disease ReseArch (PANDoRA) consortium investigation. Int J Cancer. 2018;142:290-296 pubmed publisher..We found a weak association between the minor allele of the PRSS1-PRSS2-rs10273639 and an increased risk of developing PDAC (ORhomozygous â€‰=â€‰1.19, 95% CI 1.02-1...
- Belorgey D, Dirrig S, Amouric M, Figarella C, Bieth J. Inhibition of human pancreatic proteinases by mucus proteinase inhibitor, eglin c and aprotinin. Biochem J. 1996;313 ( Pt 2):555-60 pubmedThe kinetic investigation of the inhibition of human pancreatic trypsin 1, trypsin 2 and chymotrypsin A by mucus proteinase inhibitor, eglin c and aprotinin reveals that (i) the first protein is a potent inhibitor of chymotrypsin A (kass...
- Lauhio A, Sorsa T, Srinivas R, Stenman M, Tervahartiala T, Stenman U, et al. Urinary matrix metalloproteinase -8, -9, -14 and their regulators (TRY-1, TRY-2, TATI) in patients with diabetic nephropathy. Ann Med. 2008;40:312-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that a trypsin-MMP cascade is involved in the pathogenesis of DNP, which may offer new possibilities for diagnosis and treatment of DNP with MMP inhibitors. ..
- Ronai Z, Witt H, Rickards O, Destro Bisol G, Bradbury A, Sahin Toth M. A common African polymorphism abolishes tyrosine sulfation of human anionic trypsinogen (PRSS2). Biochem J. 2009;418:155-61 pubmed publisher..457G>C) in the PRSS2 (serine protease 2, human anionic trypsinogen) gene, which changed Asp(153) to a histidine residue (p.D153H). The p...
- Kitahara K, Kawa S, Katsuyama Y, Umemura T, Ozaki Y, Takayama M, et al. Microsatellite scan identifies new candidate genes for susceptibility to alcoholic chronic pancreatitis in Japanese patients. Dis Markers. 2008;25:175-80 pubmed..detected in association with previously reported susceptibility genes for chronic pancreatitis, such as PRSS1, PRSS2, CTRC, SPINK1, CFTR, ALDH2, and CYP2E1...
- Johansen D, Manjer J, Regner S, Lindkvist B. Pre-diagnostic levels of anionic trypsinogen, cationic trypsinogen, and pancreatic secretory trypsin inhibitor in relation to pancreatic cancer risk. Pancreatology. 2010;10:229-37 pubmed publisher..Experimental studies have suggested that trypsinogen may enhance tumor progression and that the ratio between anionic trypsinogen and cationic trypsinogen (HAT/HCT) and between the sum of trypsinogens and pancreatic secretory trypsin ..
- Jin T, Huang W, Jiang K, Xiong J, Xue P, Javed M, et al. Urinary trypsinogen-2 for diagnosing acute pancreatitis: a meta-analysis. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2013;12:355-62 pubmed..Urinary trypsinogen-2 (UT-2) has been increasingly used but its clinical value for the diagnosis of acute pancreatitis and post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) pancreatitis has not yet been systematically assessed...
- Zhong J, Li L, Wang Z, Bai H, Gai F, Duan J, et al. Potential Resistance Mechanisms Revealed by Targeted Sequencing from Lung Adenocarcinoma Patients with Primary Resistance to Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors (TKIs). J Thorac Oncol. 2017;12:1766-1778 pubmed publisher..Mutations in EGFR and its downstream pathway, as well as mutations that affect tumor cell function, are related to primary resistance. Somatic single-nucleotide mutation patterns might be associated with primary resistance to EGFR TKIs. ..