Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRKCQ
Description: protein kinase C theta
Alias: PRKCT, nPKC-theta, protein kinase C theta type
- Raychaudhuri S, Remmers E, Lee A, Hackett R, Guiducci C, Burtt N, et al. Common variants at CD40 and other loci confer risk of rheumatoid arthritis. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1216-23 pubmed publisher..0035 replication, P = 1.1 x 10(-7) overall), CDK6 (rs42041, P = 0.010 replication, P = 4.0 x 10(-6) overall), PRKCQ (rs4750316, P = 0.0078 replication, P = 4.4 x 10(-6) overall), and KIF5A-PIP4K2C (rs1678542, P = 0...
- Letschka T, Kollmann V, Pfeifhofer Obermair C, Lutz Nicoladoni C, Obermair G, Fresser F, et al. PKC-theta selectively controls the adhesion-stimulating molecule Rap1. Blood. 2008;112:4617-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, PKC- theta sets the threshold for T-cell activation by positively regulating both the cytokine responses and the adhesive capacities of T lymphocytes. ..
- Tseng S, Waite J, Liu M, Vardhana S, Dustin M. T cell-dendritic cell immunological synapses contain TCR-dependent CD28-CD80 clusters that recruit protein kinase C theta. J Immunol. 2008;181:4852-63 pubmed..Thus, the T cell-DC interface contains dynamic costimulatory foci that share characteristics of microclusters and cSMACs. ..
- Zanin Zhorov A, Ding Y, Kumari S, Attur M, Hippen K, Brown M, et al. Protein kinase C-theta mediates negative feedback on regulatory T cell function. Science. 2010;328:372-6 pubmed publisher..Treg freed of PKC-theta-mediated inhibition can function in the presence of inflammatory cytokines and thus have therapeutic potential in control of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Liu Y, Witte S, Liu Y, Doyle M, Elly C, Altman A. Regulation of protein kinase Ctheta function during T cell activation by Lck-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3603-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Lck plays an important role in tyrosine phosphorylation of PKCtheta, which may in turn modulate the physiological functions of PKCtheta during TCR-induced T cell activation. ..
- Wang D, Matsumoto R, You Y, Che T, Lin X, Gaffen S, et al. CD3/CD28 costimulation-induced NF-kappaB activation is mediated by recruitment of protein kinase C-theta, Bcl10, and IkappaB kinase beta to the immunological synapse through CARMA1. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:164-71 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that CARMA1 mediates CD3/CD28 costimulation-induced NF-kappaB activation by recruiting downstream signaling components into the immunological synapse. ..
- Shambharkar P, Blonska M, Pappu B, Li H, You Y, Sakurai H, et al. Phosphorylation and ubiquitination of the IkappaB kinase complex by two distinct signaling pathways. EMBO J. 2007;26:1794-805 pubmed..Thus, our study provides the biochemical and genetic evidence that phosphorylation of IKKalpha/beta and ubiquitination of NEMO are regulated by two distinct pathways upon TCR stimulation. ..
- Felli M, Vacca A, Calce A, Bellavia D, Campese A, Grillo R, et al. PKC theta mediates pre-TCR signaling and contributes to Notch3-induced T-cell leukemia. Oncogene. 2005;24:992-1000 pubmed..This paper therefore suggests that PKC theta mediates the activation of NF-kappa B by pre-TCR in immature thymocytes and contributes to the development of Notch3-dependent T-cell lymphoma. ..
- Belguise K, Milord S, Galtier F, Moquet Torcy G, Piechaczyk M, Chalbos D. The PKC? pathway participates in the aberrant accumulation of Fra-1 protein in invasive ER-negative breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2012;31:4889-97 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results suggest that PKC? could participate in progression of some breast cancers and could be a new therapeutic target. ..
- Lee K, D Acquisto F, Hayden M, Shim J, Ghosh S. PDK1 nucleates T cell receptor-induced signaling complex for NF-kappaB activation. Science. 2005;308:114-8 pubmed..Hence, PDK1 plays a critical role by nucleating the TCR-induced NF-kappaB activation pathway in T cells. ..
- Monks C, Kupfer H, Tamir I, Barlow A, Kupfer A. Selective modulation of protein kinase C-theta during T-cell activation. Nature. 1997;385:83-6 pubmed..Several modes of partial T-cell activation that failed to cause PKC-theta translocation also failed to cause T-cell proliferation, further suggesting the involvement of PKC-theta in T-cell activation. ..
- Melowic H, Stahelin R, Blatner N, Tian W, Hayashi K, Altman A, et al. Mechanism of diacylglycerol-induced membrane targeting and activation of protein kinase Ctheta. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:21467-76 pubmed..Collectively, these results show that PKC has a unique membrane binding and activation mechanism that may account for its subcellular targeting properties. ..
- Barouch Bentov R, Lemmens E, Hu J, Janssen E, Droin N, Song J, et al. Protein kinase C-theta is an early survival factor required for differentiation of effector CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:5126-34 pubmed
- Bauer B, Krumböck N, Fresser F, Hochholdinger F, Spitaler M, Simm A, et al. Complex formation and cooperation of protein kinase C theta and Akt1/protein kinase B alpha in the NF-kappa B transactivation cascade in Jurkat T cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:31627-34 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest a direct cross-talk between PKC theta and Akt1 in Jurkat T cells. ..
- Hehner S, Li Weber M, Giaisi M, Droge W, Krammer P, Schmitz M. Vav synergizes with protein kinase C theta to mediate IL-4 gene expression in response to CD28 costimulation in T cells. J Immunol. 2000;164:3829-36 pubmed..Vav/PKC theta-induced transcription from the IL-4 promoter was almost completely abrogated by mutation of either the P1 or the PRE-I element within the entire IL-4 promoter. ..
- Greenway A, Holloway G, McPhee D, Ellis P, Cornall A, Lidman M. HIV-1 Nef control of cell signalling molecules: multiple strategies to promote virus replication. J Biosci. 2003;28:323-35 pubmed
- Sun Z, Arendt C, Ellmeier W, Schaeffer E, Sunshine M, Gandhi L, et al. PKC-theta is required for TCR-induced NF-kappaB activation in mature but not immature T lymphocytes. Nature. 2000;404:402-7 pubmed..These results indicate that PKC-theta functions in a unique pathway that links the TCR signalling complex to the activation of NF-kappaB in mature T lymphocytes. ..
- Pietromonaco S, Simons P, Altman A, Elias L. Protein kinase C-theta phosphorylation of moesin in the actin-binding sequence. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7594-603 pubmed..It appears likely that this activity corresponds to a specific intracellular pathway controlling the function of moesin as well as other ERM proteins. ..
- Liu Y, Graham C, Li A, Fisher R, Shaw S. Phosphorylation of the protein kinase C-theta activation loop and hydrophobic motif regulates its kinase activity, but only activation loop phosphorylation is critical to in vivo nuclear-factor-kappaB induction. Biochem J. 2002;361:255-65 pubmed..These findings expand our understanding of the roles of phosphorylation in novel PKCs, and indicate that PKC-theta is a constitutively competent kinase as a consequence of constitutive phosphorylation of its activation loop. ..
- Manicassamy S, Gupta S, Huang Z, Sun Z. Protein kinase C-theta-mediated signals enhance CD4+ T cell survival by up-regulating Bcl-xL. J Immunol. 2006;176:6709-16 pubmed..Thus, the PKC-theta-mediated signals may function not only in the initial activation of naive CD4+ T cells, but also in their survival during T cell activation by regulating Bcl-xL levels through NF-kappaB and AP-1 pathways. ..
- Matsumoto R, Wang D, Blonska M, Li H, Kobayashi M, Pappu B, et al. Phosphorylation of CARMA1 plays a critical role in T Cell receptor-mediated NF-kappaB activation. Immunity. 2005;23:575-85 pubmed..Together, our studies provide the first genetic evidence that the phosphorylation of CARMA1 plays a critical role in the TCR signaling pathway. ..
- Carrasco S, Merida I. Diacylglycerol-dependent binding recruits PKCtheta and RasGRP1 C1 domains to specific subcellular localizations in living T lymphocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2932-42 pubmed..This is shown by analyzing the contribution of these two lipid pools to PLC-dependent Ras activation in response to TCR triggering. ..
- Freeley M, Volkov Y, Kelleher D, Long A. Stimulus-induced phosphorylation of PKC theta at the C-terminal hydrophobic-motif in human T lymphocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:619-30 pubmed..However, hydrophobic-motif phosphorylation does not appear to control membrane translocation, suggesting that this site may control other aspects of PKC theta signalling. ..
- Thuille N, Heit I, Fresser F, Krumböck N, Bauer B, Leuthaeusser S, et al. Critical role of novel Thr-219 autophosphorylation for the cellular function of PKCtheta in T lymphocytes. EMBO J. 2005;24:3869-80 pubmed..We conclude that autophosphorylation of PKCtheta at Thr-219 plays an important role in the correct targeting and cellular function of PKCtheta upon antigen receptor ligation. ..
- Kim H, Lee J, Kim B, Cho E, Kim S, Youn H. Menin represses JunD transcriptional activity in protein kinase C theta-mediated Nur77 expression. Exp Mol Med. 2005;37:466-75 pubmed..In fact, Menin represses PKCtheta/p300-mediated transcriptional activity of JunD in T cell. Its dynamic regulation of histone modifiers with JunD is responsible for PKCq-synergistic effect on Nur77 expression in T cell. ..
- Zhang E, Kong K, Altman A. The yin and yang of protein kinase C-theta (PKC?): a novel drug target for selective immunosuppression. Adv Pharmacol. 2013;66:267-312 pubmed publisher..a minor role in T cell development, early in vitro studies relying, among others, on the use of PKC?-deficient (Prkcq(-/-)) T cells revealed that PKC? is required for the activation and proliferation of mature T cells, reflecting ..
- Belguise K, Cherradi S, Sarr A, Boissiere F, Boulle N, Simony Lafontaine J, et al. PKC?-induced phosphorylations control the ability of Fra-1 to stimulate gene expression and cancer cell migration. Cancer Lett. 2017;385:97-107 pubmed publisher..Consistently, we found a significant positive correlation between PRKCQ (coding for PKC?) and MMP1 mRNA expression levels in human breast cancer samples...
- van Hamburg J, Tas S. Molecular mechanisms underpinning T helper 17 cell heterogeneity and functions in rheumatoid arthritis. J Autoimmun. 2018;87:69-81 pubmed publisher..risk factors for RA including CCR6, CD226, CSF2, EOMES, ETS1, GATA3, IL2, IL6R, IL23R, IKZF3, IRAK1, IRF4, IRF8, PRKCQ, PRDM1, RBPJ, RUNX1 and TAGAP are directly involved in Th17 cell differentiation and/or function...
- Beal A, Anikeeva N, Varma R, Cameron T, Norris P, Dustin M, et al. Protein kinase C theta regulates stability of the peripheral adhesion ring junction and contributes to the sensitivity of target cell lysis by CTL. J Immunol. 2008;181:4815-24 pubmed..Thus, formation of a stable pSMAC, which is partially controlled by protein kinase Ctheta, functions to confine the released lytic molecules at the synaptic interface and to enhance the effectiveness of target cell lysis. ..
- Teixeira C, Stang S, Zheng Y, Beswick N, Stone J. Integration of DAG signaling systems mediated by PKC-dependent phosphorylation of RasGRP3. Blood. 2003;102:1414-20 pubmed..A convergent DAG signaling system could be important in fine-tuning Ras signaling during B-cell development or during the humoral immune response. ..
- Duan Q, Lasky Su J, Himes B, Qiu W, Litonjua A, Damask A, et al. A genome-wide association study of bronchodilator response in asthmatics. Pharmacogenomics J. 2014;14:41-7 pubmed publisher..51 × 10(-6)). This study applied a robust approach for testing the genetic basis of BDR and identified novel loci associated with this drug response in asthmatics. ..
- Swingler S, Gallay P, Camaur D, Song J, Abo A, Trono D. The Nef protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 enhances serine phosphorylation of the viral matrix. J Virol. 1997;71:4372-7 pubmed..Recombinant p21-activated kinase hPAK65, a recently proposed relative of the Nef-associated kinase, achieved a comparable result. Taken together, these data suggest that MA is a target of the Nef-associated serine kinase. ..
- Sourbier C, Scroggins B, Mannes P, Liao P, Siems K, Wolf D, et al. Tonantzitlolone cytotoxicity toward renal cancer cells is PKCÎ¸- and HSF1-dependent. Oncotarget. 2015;6:29963-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, similar to the selective PKCÎ¸ activator englerin A, TZL induces a metabolic catastrophe in CCRCC, starving cells of glucose while simultaneously increasing their glycolytic dependency. ..
- Villalba M, Bi K, Hu J, Altman Y, Bushway P, Reits E, et al. Translocation of PKC[theta] in T cells is mediated by a nonconventional, PI3-K- and Vav-dependent pathway, but does not absolutely require phospholipase C. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:253-63 pubmed..These results provide evidence that a nonconventional PI3-K- and Vav-dependent pathway mediates the selective membrane recruitment and, possibly, activation of PKCtheta in T cells. ..
- Wieczorek S, Holle J, Muller S, Fricke H, Gross W, Epplen J. A functionally relevant IRF5 haplotype is associated with reduced risk to Wegener's granulomatosis. J Mol Med (Berl). 2010;88:413-21 pubmed publisher..polymorphisms (SNPs) within or in the vicinity of CCL21, CD40, CDK6, IL21, IL2RB, IRF5, KIF5A, KLF12, MMEL1, PRKCQ, STAT4, TNFAIP3, and TRAF1/C5 have been genotyped in >600 German WG cases and >800 matched controls...
- Kang G, Srivastava A, Kim Y, Park H, Park C, Sohn T, et al. DOG1 and PKC-? are useful in the diagnosis of KIT-negative gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Mod Pathol. 2011;24:866-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that both DOG1 and PKC-? can be used in the diagnosis of KIT-negative GISTs and they show positive staining even in KIT-negative tumors, which are wild type for KIT and PDGFRA on mutation analysis. ..
- Hayflick J, Stine J, Fox R, Hoekstra D, Gallatin W. Functional mapping of the cytoplasmic region of intercellular adhesion molecule-3 reveals important roles for serine residues. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:22207-14 pubmed..This study delineates separable regions and amino acid residues within the cytoplasmic portion of ICAM-3 that are important for T cell function. ..
- Belguise K, Sonenshein G. PKCtheta promotes c-Rel-driven mammary tumorigenesis in mice and humans by repressing estrogen receptor alpha synthesis. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:4009-21 pubmed
- Lu H, Chou F, Yeh K, Chang Y, Hsu N, Chang J. Expression of protein kinase C family in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2010;16:385-91 pubmed publisher..009), and the down-regulated expression of PKCbetaII is associated with HBV infection (p?=?0.035). Our findings suggest particular roles of the two PKC isoenzymes in the hepatocarcinogenesis of human HCC. ..
- Tang S, Morgan K, Parker C, Ware J. Requirement for protein kinase C theta for cell cycle progression and formation of actin stress fibers and filopodia in vascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28704-11 pubmed..Thus, PKCtheta is required for multiple processes essential for angiogenesis and wound repair, including endothelial mitosis, maintenance of a normal actin cytoskeleton, and formation of an enclosed tube. ..
- Holmes A. In vitro phosphorylation of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat protein by protein kinase C: evidence for the phosphorylation of amino acid residue serine-46. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1996;335:8-12 pubmed..Several Tat peptides, containing serine at position 46, are the only ones which are phosphorylated at significant rates. Several other Tat peptides containing potential protein kinase C phosphorylation sites are not phosphorylated. ..
- MelÃ©n E, Granell R, Kogevinas M, Strachan D, Gonzalez J, Wjst M, et al. Genome-wide association study of body mass index in 23 000 individuals with and without asthma. Clin Exp Allergy. 2013;43:463-74 pubmed publisher..However, the association was overall not replicated in the independent data sets and the heterogeneous effect of DENND1B points to complex associations with the studied diseases that deserve further study. ..
- García Ortiz A, Martín Cófreces N, Ibiza S, Ortega A, Izquierdo Alvarez A, Trullo A, et al. eNOS S-nitrosylates β-actin on Cys374 and regulates PKC-θ at the immune synapse by impairing actin binding to profilin-1. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2000653 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil a novel NO-dependent mechanism by which the actin cytoskeleton controls the organization and activation of signaling microclusters at the IS. ..
- Manninen A, Huotari P, Hiipakka M, Renkema G, Saksela K. Activation of NFAT-dependent gene expression by Nef: conservation among divergent Nef alleles, dependence on SH3 binding and membrane association, and cooperation with protein kinase C-theta. J Virol. 2001;75:3034-7 pubmed..Cotransfection of an activated protein kinase C-theta (PKC-theta) with Nef implicated PKC-theta as a possible physiological cofactor of Nef in promoting NFAT-dependent gene expression and T-cell activation. ..
- Bennasser Y, Bahraoui E. HIV-1 Tat protein induces interleukin-10 in human peripheral blood monocytes: involvement of protein kinase C-betaII and -delta. FASEB J. 2002;16:546-54 pubmed..Altogether, these results suggest that the induction of IL-10 by Tat is strictly dependent on the PKC-delta and -betaII isoforms. ..
- Ron D, Napolitano E, Voronova A, Vasquez N, Roberts D, Calio B, et al. Direct interaction in T-cells between thetaPKC and the tyrosine kinase p59fyn. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19003-10 pubmed
- Jono H, Lim J, Xu H, Li J. PKC? synergizes with TLR-dependent TRAF6 signaling pathway to upregulate MUC5AC mucin via CARMA1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31049 pubmed publisher..CARMA1 plays a crucial role in mediating this synergistic effect via TRAF6, thereby resulting in synergistic upregulation of MUC5AC mucin. Thus our study unveils a novel role for CARMA1 in mediating host mucosal innate immune response. ..
- Byerly J, Halstead Nussloch G, Ito K, Katsyv I, Irie H. PRKCQ promotes oncogenic growth and anoikis resistance of a subset of triple-negative breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18:95 pubmed publisher..Protein tyrosine kinase C theta isoform (PRKCQ)/PKCθ, a member of the novel PKC family, may have a distinct isoform-specific role in breast cancer...
- Lozanoska Ochser B, Benedetti A, Rizzo G, Marrocco V, Di Maggio R, Fiore P, et al. Targeting early PKCÎ¸-dependent T-cell infiltration of dystrophic muscle reduces disease severity in a mouse model of muscular dystrophy. J Pathol. 2018;244:323-333 pubmed publisher..We focused on protein kinase C Î¸ (PKCÎ¸, encoded by Prkcq), a critical regulator of effector T-cell activation, as a potential target to inhibit T-cell activity in ..
- Stahelin R, Kong K, Raha S, Tian W, Melowic H, Ward K, et al. Protein kinase C? C2 domain is a phosphotyrosine binding module that plays a key role in its activation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:30518-28 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies establish the C2 domain of PKC? as a Tyr(P)-binding domain and suggest that the domain may play a major role in PKC? activation via its Tyr(P) binding. ..
- Cohen S, Braiman A, Shubinsky G, Isakov N. Protein kinase C-theta in platelet activation. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3208-15 pubmed publisher..The present review focuses on the latest observations relevant to the role of PKC? in platelet activation. ..
- Bakker W, Sipkema P, Stehouwer C, Serne E, Smulders Y, van Hinsbergh V, et al. Protein kinase C theta activation induces insulin-mediated constriction of muscle resistance arteries. Diabetes. 2008;57:706-13 pubmed..PKC theta activation induces insulin-mediated vasoconstriction by inhibition of Akt and stimulation of ERK1/2 in muscle resistance arteries. This provides a new mechanism linking PKC theta activation to insulin resistance. ..
- Oshevski S, Le Bousse Kerdiles M, Clay D, Levashova Z, Debili N, Vitral N, et al. Differential expression of protein kinase C isoform transcripts in human hematopoietic progenitors undergoing differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;263:603-9 pubmed
- Sheppard K, Fitz L, Lee J, Benander C, George J, Wooters J, et al. PD-1 inhibits T-cell receptor induced phosphorylation of the ZAP70/CD3zeta signalosome and downstream signaling to PKCtheta. FEBS Lett. 2004;574:37-41 pubmed
- Chen F, Xu L, Zhao T, Xiao X, Pan Y, Hou S. Genetic Variation in the REL Gene Increases Risk of Behcet's Disease in a Chinese Han Population but That of PRKCQ Does Not. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0147350 pubmed publisherGenome-wide association studies (GWAS) and candidate gene studies have identified the REL and PRKCQ genes as risk loci for various autoimmune diseases...
- Datta R, Kojima H, Yoshida K, Kufe D. Caspase-3-mediated cleavage of protein kinase C theta in induction of apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:20317-20 pubmed..These findings indicate that proteolytic cleavage of PKCtheta by Caspase-3 induces events characteristic of apoptosis. ..
- Schecter A, Berman A, Yi L, Mosoian A, McManus C, Berman J, et al. HIV envelope gp120 activates human arterial smooth muscle cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:10142-7 pubmed..The activation of smooth muscle cells by gp120 may play an important role in the vascular, thrombotic, and inflammatory responses to HIV infection. ..
- Granja A, Perkins N, Revilla Y. A238L inhibits NF-ATc2, NF-kappa B, and c-Jun activation through a novel mechanism involving protein kinase C-theta-mediated up-regulation of the amino-terminal transactivation domain of p300. J Immunol. 2008;180:2429-42 pubmed..These findings provide new strategies to develop therapies potentially useful in the control of disorders related to p300 deregulation. ..
- Smith B, Krushelnycky B, Mochly Rosen D, Berg P. The HIV nef protein associates with protein kinase C theta. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:16753-7 pubmed..The loss of thetaPKC, which may be a result of inhibition of its binding to RACKs due to Nef binding, could contribute to the various impairments of T cell function associated with HIV infection and Nef expression. ..
- Bai C, Pan Y, Wang D, Cai F, Yan S, Zhao Z, et al. Genome-wide association analysis of residual feed intake in Junmu No. 1 White pigs. Anim Genet. 2017;48:686-690 pubmed publisher..NMBR, KCTD16, ASGR1, PRKCQ, PITRM1, TIAM1 and RND3 were identified as candidate genes for RFI.
- Jalagadugula G, Mao G, Kaur G, Dhanasekaran D, Rao A. Platelet protein kinase C-theta deficiency with human RUNX1 mutation: PRKCQ is a transcriptional target of RUNX1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:921-7 pubmed publisher..in RUNX1, we have described decreased platelet pleckstrin phosphorylation and protein kinase C- (PKC-, gene PRKCQ) associated with thrombocytopenia, impaired platelet aggregation, and dense granule secretion...
- Pare G, Kubo M, Byrd J, McCarty C, WOODARD GRICE A, Teo K, et al. Genetic variants associated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-associated angioedema. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2013;23:470-8 pubmed publisher..The T allele of rs500766 in PRKCQ was associated with a reduced risk, whereas the G allele of rs2724635 in ETV6 was associated with an increased ..
- Nery F, Passos D, Garcia V, Kobarg J. Ki-1/57 interacts with RACK1 and is a substrate for the phosphorylation by phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate-activated protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:11444-55 pubmed..These events associate Ki-1/57 with the RACK1/PKC pathway and may be important for the regulation of its cellular functions. ..
- Nedellec S, Sabourin C, Bonneville M, Scotet E. NKG2D costimulates human V gamma 9V delta 2 T cell antitumor cytotoxicity through protein kinase C theta-dependent modulation of early TCR-induced calcium and transduction signals. J Immunol. 2010;185:55-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study identifies a new mechanism regulating Vgamma9Vdelta2 T cell functional plasticity through fine-tuning of early signal transduction events...
- Solstad T, Bjørgo E, Koehler C, Strozynski M, Torgersen K, Tasken K, et al. Quantitative proteome analysis of detergent-resistant membranes identifies the differential regulation of protein kinase C isoforms in apoptotic T cells. Proteomics. 2010;10:2758-68 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that in-depth proteomic analysis of DRMs provides a tool to study differential localization and regulation of signaling molecules important in health and disease. ..
- Wang X, Zhao J, Tang S, Lee S, Glazer R, Hewlett I. c-FLIPL regulates PKC via AP-2 to inhibit Bax-mediated apoptosis induced by HIV-1 gp120 in Jurkat cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;330:23-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings further corroborate the concept that gp120 plays an important role, via involvement of molecules such as c-FLIPL, in apoptotic cell death due to HIV-1 infection. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Y, Meller N, Giampa L, Elly C, Doyle M, et al. Protein kinase C activation inhibits tyrosine phosphorylation of Cbl and its recruitment of Src homology 2 domain-containing proteins. J Immunol. 1999;162:7095-101 pubmed
- Bretscher A, Edwards K, Fehon R. ERM proteins and merlin: integrators at the cell cortex. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2002;3:586-99 pubmed..The closely related tumour suppressor merlin shares many properties with ERM proteins, yet also provides a distinct and essential function. ..
- Sun L, Mao G, Rao A. Association of CBFA2 mutation with decreased platelet PKC-theta and impaired receptor-mediated activation of GPIIb-IIIa and pleckstrin phosphorylation: proteins regulated by CBFA2 play a role in GPIIb-IIIa activation. Blood. 2004;103:948-54 pubmed
- Sourbier C, Scroggins B, Ratnayake R, Prince T, Lee S, Lee M, et al. Englerin A stimulates PKCÎ¸ to inhibit insulin signaling and to simultaneously activate HSF1: pharmacologically induced synthetic lethality. Cancer Cell. 2013;23:228-37 pubmed publisher..By promoting glucose addiction, while simultaneously starving cells of glucose, EA proves to be synthetically lethal to highly glycolytic tumors. ..
- David M, Macías A, Moreno C, Prieto A, Martínez Mármol R, Vicente R, et al. Protein kinase C (PKC) activity regulates functional effects of Kv?1.3 subunit on KV1.5 channels: identification of a cardiac Kv1.5 channelosome. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:21416-28 pubmed publisher..5, K(v)?1.3, the receptor for activated C kinase (RACK1), PKC?I, PKC?II, and PKC? in HEK293 cells. A very similar K(v)1.5 channelosome was found in rat ventricular tissue but not in atrial tissue. ..