Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRKAR2B
Description: protein kinase cAMP-dependent type II regulatory subunit beta
Alias: PRKAR2, RII-BETA, cAMP-dependent protein kinase type II-beta regulatory subunit, H_RG363E19.2, WUGSC:H_RG363E19.2, cAMP-dependent protein kinase type II-beta regulatory chain, protein kinase, cAMP-dependent, regulatory subunit type II beta, protein kinase, cAMP-dependent, regulatory, type II, beta
- Liu S, Saloustros E, Mertz E, Tsang K, Starost M, Salpea P, et al. Haploinsufficiency for either one of the type-II regulatory subunits of protein kinase A improves the bone phenotype of Prkar1a+/- mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:6080-92 pubmed publisher..to an unregulated PKA catalytic subunit and increased PKA type II (PKA-II) activity mediated by the PRKAR2A and PRKAR2B subunits...
- Su J, Wu W, Huang S, Xue R, Wang Y, Wan Y, et al. PKA-RIIB Deficiency Induces Brown Fatlike Adipocytes in Inguinal WAT and Promotes Energy Expenditure in Male FVB/NJ Mice. Endocrinology. 2017;158:578-591 pubmed publisher..PKA-RIIB, encoded by the Prkar2b gene, is most abundant in BAT and white adipose tissue (WAT) and in the brain...
- Fang E, Zhang X, Wang Q, Wang D. Identification of prostate cancer hub genes and therapeutic agents using bioinformatics approach. Cancer Biomark. 2017;20:553-561 pubmed publisher..While CDH1, BMP2, NKX3-1, PPARG and PRKAR2B were identified as the hub genes in the PPI network...
- Ferrero S, Vaira V, Del Gobbo A, Vicentini L, Bosari S, Beck Peccoz P, et al. Different expression of protein kinase A (PKA) regulatory subunits in normal and neoplastic thyroid tissues. Histol Histopathol. 2015;30:473-8 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemistry demonstrated a significant increase in PRKAR2B expression in both differentiated and undifferentiated (anaplastic) thyroid tumors in comparison with normal ..
- Rovani M, Gasperin B, Ilha G, Ferreira R, Bohrer R, Duggavathi R, et al. Expression and molecular consequences of inhibition of estrogen receptors in granulosa cells of bovine follicles. J Ovarian Res. 2014;7:96 pubmed publisher..that ESRs inhibition in the dominant follicle decreased the transcript levels of the GJA1 but not those of PRKAR2B, MRO or LRP11 genes...
- Kim S, Ho J, Jin H, Lee S, Lee S, Hong S, et al. Upregulated expression of BCL2, MCM7, and CCNE1 indicate cisplatin-resistance in the set of two human bladder cancer cell lines: T24 cisplatin sensitive and T24R2 cisplatin resistant bladder cancer cell lines. Investig Clin Urol. 2016;57:63-72 pubmed publisher..These genes were PRKAR2A, PRKAR2B, CYCS, BCL2, BIRC3, DFFB, CASP6, CDK6, CCNE1, STEAP3, MCM7, ORC2, ORC5, ANAPC1, and ANAPC7, CDC7, CDC27, and SKP1...
- Yadav S, Pandey A, Kumar L, Devi A, Kushwaha B, Vishvkarma R, et al. The thermo-sensitive gene expression signatures of spermatogenesis. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2018;16:56 pubmed publisher..The study has identified Acly, selV, SLC16A7(MCT-2), Txnrd1 and Prkar2B as potential heat sensitive targets in germ cells, which may be tightly regulated by heat sensitive miRNAs rno-..
- Evangelou E, Valdes A, Kerkhof H, Styrkarsdottir U, Zhu Y, Meulenbelt I, et al. Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies confirms a susceptibility locus for knee osteoarthritis on chromosome 7q22. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011;70:349-55 pubmed publisher..The associated signal is located within a large (500 kb) linkage disequilibrium block that contains six genes: PRKAR2B (protein kinase, cAMP-dependent, regulatory, type II, Î²), HPB1 (HMG-box transcription factor 1), COG5 (..
- Li Z, Zheng Z, Ruan J, Li Z, Zhuang X, Tzeng C. Integrated analysis miRNA and mRNA profiling in patients with severe oligozoospermia reveals miR-34c-3p downregulates PLCXD3 expression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:52781-52796 pubmed publisher..Four miRNAs (miR-1246, miR-375, miR-410, and miR-758) and six mRNAs (SLC1A3, PRKAR2B, HYDIN, WDR65, PRDX1, and ADATMS5) were selected to validate the microarray data using quantitative real-time PCR...
- DeGiorgis J, Jaffe H, Moreira J, Carlotti C, Leite J, Pant H, et al. Phosphoproteomic analysis of synaptosomes from human cerebral cortex. J Proteome Res. 2005;4:306-15 pubmed..The study shows that new phosphoproteomic strategies can be used to analyze subcellular fractions from small amounts of tissue for the identification of phosphorylated residues for research and potentially for diagnostic purposes. ..
- Li P, Wang T, Buckley K, Chenine A, Popov S, Ruprecht R. Phosphorylation of HIV Nef by cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Virology. 2005;331:367-74 pubmed..As this mutation played a major role in abrogating the Nef effect on HIV replication in unstimulated primary cells, we postulate that Nef phosphorylation by PKA is an important step in the viral life cycle in resting cells. ..
- Sigloch F, Burk U, Biniossek M, Brabletz T, Schilling O. miR-200c dampens cancer cell migration via regulation of protein kinase A subunits. Oncotarget. 2015;6:23874-89 pubmed..By bioinformatics, we define a miRNA target cluster consisting of PRKAR1A, PRKAR2B, PRKACB, and COF2, which is targeted by a group of 14 miRNAs.
- Hofmann B, Nishanian P, Fan J, Nguyen T, Fahey J. HIV Gag p17 protein impairs proliferation of normal lymphocytes in vitro. AIDS. 1994;8:1016-7 pubmed
- Del Gobbo A, Peverelli E, Treppiedi D, Lania A, Mantovani G, Ferrero S. Expression of protein kinase A regulatory subunits in benign and malignant human thyroid tissues: A systematic review. Exp Cell Res. 2016;346:85-90 pubmed publisher..The PKA regulatory subunit R2B (PRKAR2B) is highly expressed in benign, as well as in malignant differentiated and undifferentiated lesions...
- Isensee J, Schild C, Schwede F, Hucho T. Crosstalk from cAMP to ERK1/2 emerges during postnatal maturation of nociceptive neurons and is maintained during aging. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:2134-2146 pubmed publisher..that nociceptive subgroups defined by the signaling components protein kinase A (PKA)-RIIÎ² (also known as PRKAR2B) and CaMKIIÎ± (also known as CAMK2A) developed at around postnatal day 10, the time of nociceptor maturation...
- Harrich D, McMillan N, Munoz L, Apolloni A, Meredith L. Will diverse Tat interactions lead to novel antiretroviral drug targets?. Curr Drug Targets. 2006;7:1595-606 pubmed..Nevertheless, Tat remains an attractive, virus-specific molecule and detailed understanding of specific protein interaction holds promise for future drug discovery. ..
- Chen H, Zhao J, Li Y, He L, Huang Y, Shu W, et al. Gene expression network regulated by DNA methylation and microRNA during microcystin-leucine arginine induced malignant transformation in human hepatocyte L02 cells. Toxicol Lett. 2018;289:42-53 pubmed publisher..formin homology 2 domain containing 1 (FHDC1), protein kinase CAMP-dependent type II regulatory subunit beta (PRKAR2B), nodium leak channel, non-selective (NALCN), myosin light chain kinase 3 (MYLK3), epidermal growth factor ..
- Rios R, Celati C, Lohmann S, Bornens M, Keryer G. Identification of a high affinity binding protein for the regulatory subunit RII beta of cAMP-dependent protein kinase in Golgi enriched membranes of human lymphoblasts. EMBO J. 1992;11:1723-31 pubmed..Only the RII beta isoform was detected in the Golgi-rich fraction, although RII alpha has also been found to be present in these ..
- Saloustros E, Salpea P, Qi C, Gugliotti L, Tsang K, Liu S, et al. Hematopoietic neoplasms in Prkar2a-deficient mice. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2015;34:143 pubmed publisher..Mice with inactivation of the Prkar2a and Prkar2b genes (coding for RIIÎ± and RIIÎ², respectively) are also viable but have not been studied for their ..
- Yukitake H, Furusawa M, Taira T, Iguchi Ariga S, Ariga H. AAT-1, a novel testis-specific AMY-1-binding protein, forms a quaternary complex with AMY-1, A-kinase anchor protein 84, and a regulatory subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase and is phosphorylated by its kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45480-92 pubmed..These results suggest that both AAT-1 and AMY-1 play roles in spermatogenesis. ..
- Butt E, Gambaryan S, Göttfert N, Galler A, Marcus K, Meyer H. Actin binding of human LIM and SH3 protein is regulated by cGMP- and cAMP-dependent protein kinase phosphorylation on serine 146. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15601-7 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that phosphorylation of LASP by cGK and cAK may be involved in cytoskeletal organization and cell motility. ..
- Sha J, Xue W, Dong B, Pan J, Wu X, Li D, et al. PRKAR2B plays an oncogenic role in the castration-resistant prostate cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:6114-6129 pubmed publisher..Followed functional validation experiments showed that PRKAR2B promoted CRPC cell proliferation and invasion, and inhibited CRPC cell apoptosis...
- Glantz S, Li Y, Rubin C. Characterization of distinct tethering and intracellular targeting domains in AKAP75, a protein that links cAMP-dependent protein kinase II beta to the cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:12796-804 pubmed..are enriched in forebrain neurons and have distinct high affinity binding domains for the regulatory subunit (RII beta) of PKAII beta and components of the dendritic cytoskeleton. The selective accumulation of AKAP...
- Ghil S, Choi J, Kim S, Lee Y, Liao Y, Birnbaumer L, et al. Compartmentalization of protein kinase A signaling by the heterotrimeric G protein Go. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:19158-63 pubmed..This regulatory mechanism by which G(o) bifurcates PKA signaling may provide insights into how G(o) regulates complex processes such as neuritogenesis, synaptic plasticity, and cell transformation. ..
- Miki K, Eddy E. Identification of tethering domains for protein kinase A type Ialpha regulatory subunits on sperm fibrous sheath protein FSC1. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:34384-90 pubmed..This is apparently the first report of an RIalpha-specific protein kinase A anchoring protein tethering domain. ..
- Elliott M, Tolnay M, Tsokos G, Kammer G. Protein kinase A regulatory subunit type II beta directly interacts with and suppresses CREB transcriptional activity in activated T cells. J Immunol. 2003;171:3636-44 pubmed..We conclude that nuclear RIIbeta can act as a repressor of CREB transcriptional activity in T cells, providing a potential functional significance for aberrant levels of nuclear RIIbeta in systemic lupus erythematosus T cells. ..
- Basso F, Rocchetti F, Rodriguez S, Nesterova M, Cormier F, Stratakis C, et al. Comparison of the effects of PRKAR1A and PRKAR2B depletion on signaling pathways, cell growth, and cell cycle control of adrenocortical cells. Horm Metab Res. 2014;46:883-8 pubmed publisher..We previously showed that PRKAR1A and PRKAR2B inactivation have anti-apoptotic effects on the adrenocortical carcinoma cell line H295R...
- Shirakawa K, Takaori Kondo A, Yokoyama M, Izumi T, Matsui M, Io K, et al. Phosphorylation of APOBEC3G by protein kinase A regulates its interaction with HIV-1 Vif. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:1184-91 pubmed publisher..These data imply that PKA-mediated phosphorylation of A3G can regulate the interaction between A3G and Vif. ..
- Wang X, Herberg F, Laue M, Wullner C, Hu B, Petrasch Parwez E, et al. Neurobeachin: A protein kinase A-anchoring, beige/Chediak-higashi protein homolog implicated in neuronal membrane traffic. J Neurosci. 2000;20:8551-65 pubmed
- Marx S, Reiken S, Hisamatsu Y, Jayaraman T, Burkhoff D, Rosemblit N, et al. PKA phosphorylation dissociates FKBP12.6 from the calcium release channel (ryanodine receptor): defective regulation in failing hearts. Cell. 2000;101:365-76 pubmed..6, PKA, the protein phosphatases PP1 and PP2A, and an anchoring protein, mAKAP. In failing human hearts, RyR2 is PKA hyperphosphorylated, resulting in defective channel function due to increased sensitivity to Ca2+-induced activation. ..
- Yu P, Yang Z, Jones J, Wang Z, Owens S, Mueller S, et al. D1 dopamine receptor signaling involves caveolin-2 in HEK-293 cells. Kidney Int. 2004;66:2167-80 pubmed..The majority of hD1Rs are distributed in lipid rafts. Heterologously and endogenously expressed D1Rs in renal cells are associated with and regulated by caveolin-2. ..
- Whittard J, Akiyama S. Positive regulation of cell-cell and cell-substrate adhesion by protein kinase A. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3265-72 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that PKA plays a key role in the signaling pathway, resulting from activation of beta(1) integrins, and that this enzyme may be required for upregulation of cell-substrate and cell-cell adhesion. ..
- Zidovetzki R, Wang J, Chen P, Jeyaseelan R, Hofman F. Human immunodeficiency virus Tat protein induces interleukin 6 mRNA expression in human brain endothelial cells via protein kinase C- and cAMP-dependent protein kinase pathways. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1998;14:825-33 pubmed..Both the Tat-induced increase in intracellular cAMP and IL-6 mRNA levels in CNS-ECs may play a role in altering the blood-brain barrier and thereby inducing pathology often observed in AIDS dementia. ..
- Tortora G, Clair T, Cho Chung Y. An antisense oligodeoxynucleotide targeted against the type II beta regulatory subunit mRNA of protein kinase inhibits cAMP-induced differentiation in HL-60 leukemia cells without affecting phorbol ester effects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:705-8 pubmedThe type II beta regulatory subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase (RII beta) has been hypothesized to play an important role in the growth inhibition and differentiation induced by site-selective cAMP analogs in human cancer cells, but ..
- Dwivedi Y, Rizavi H, Shukla P, Lyons J, Faludi G, Palkovits M, et al. Protein kinase A in postmortem brain of depressed suicide victims: altered expression of specific regulatory and catalytic subunits. Biol Psychiatry. 2004;55:234-43 pubmed..These abnormalities in PKA may be critical in the pathophysiology of depression. ..
- Swingler S, Gallay P, Camaur D, Song J, Abo A, Trono D. The Nef protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 enhances serine phosphorylation of the viral matrix. J Virol. 1997;71:4372-7 pubmed..Recombinant p21-activated kinase hPAK65, a recently proposed relative of the Nef-associated kinase, achieved a comparable result. Taken together, these data suggest that MA is a target of the Nef-associated serine kinase. ..
- Gagliano S, Tiwari A, Freeman N, Lieberman J, Meltzer H, Kennedy J, et al. Protein kinase cAMP-dependent regulatory type II beta (PRKAR2B) gene variants in antipsychotic-induced weight gain. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2014;29:330-5 pubmed publisher..Mouse and human studies suggest that the protein kinase cAMP-dependent regulatory type II beta (PRKAR2B) gene may be involved in energy metabolism, and there is evidence that it is associated with clozapine's effects ..
- Berg J, Ree A, Sandvik J, Tasken K, Landmark B, Torjesen P, et al. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 alters the effect of cAMP in thyroid cells by increasing the regulatory subunit type II beta of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:32233-8 pubmed..of 1,25-(OH)2D3-treated cells revealed a 4-fold increase in the cytosolic amount of the PKA regulatory subunit RII beta, whereas no changes were detected in the regulatory subunits RI alpha and RII alpha or the catalytic (C) subunit...
- Stefan E, Malleshaiah M, Breton B, Ear P, Bachmann V, Beyermann M, et al. PKA regulatory subunits mediate synergy among conserved G-protein-coupled receptor cascades. Nat Commun. 2011;2:598 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a direct mechanism by which coincident activation of G?s-coupled receptors controls the precision of adaptive responses of activated G?i-coupled receptor cascades. ..
- Vetter M, Zenn H, Mendez E, van den Boom H, Herberg F, Skålhegg B. The testis-specific C?2 subunit of PKA is kinetically indistinguishable from the common C?1 subunit of PKA. BMC Biochem. 2011;12:40 pubmed publisher..This is also the case for their potency to inhibit catalytic activities of C?2 and C?1. We conclude that the regulatory complexes formed with either C?1 or C?2, respectively, are indistinguishable. ..
- Zhang P, Knape M, Ahuja L, Keshwani M, King C, Sastri M, et al. Single Turnover Autophosphorylation Cycle of the PKA RIIβ Holoenzyme. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002192 pubmed publisher..This previously unappreciated molecular mechanism is an integral part of PKA signaling for type II holoenzymes. ..
- Huang L, Durick K, Weiner J, Chun J, Taylor S. D-AKAP2, a novel protein kinase A anchoring protein with a putative RGS domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11184-9 pubmed..The presence of this domain raises the intriguing possibility that D-AKAP2 may interact with a Galpha protein thus providing a link between the signaling machinery at the plasma membrane and the downstream kinase. ..
- Adkins D, Aberg K, McClay J, Bukszar J, Zhao Z, Jia P, et al. Genomewide pharmacogenomic study of metabolic side effects to antipsychotic drugs. Mol Psychiatry. 2011;16:321-32 pubmed publisher..055). Genomewide significant finding were also found for SNPs in PRKAR2B, GPR98, FHOD3, RNF144A, ASTN2, SOX5 and ATF7IP2, as well as in several intergenic markers...
- Möller S, Alfieri A, Bertinetti D, Aquila M, Schwede F, Lolicato M, et al. Cyclic nucleotide mapping of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channels. ACS Chem Biol. 2014;9:1128-37 pubmed publisher..So, this makes 7-CH-cAMP a promising activator of the HCN channels in vitro whose functionality can be translated in living cells. ..
- Faulds G, Ryden M, Ek I, Wahrenberg H, Arner P. Mechanisms behind lipolytic catecholamine resistance of subcutaneous fat cells in the polycystic ovarian syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:2269-73 pubmed..This may cause low in vivo lipolytic activity and enlarged sc fat cell size and promote later development of obesity in PCOS. ..
- Herberg F, Maleszka A, Eide T, Vossebein L, Tasken K. Analysis of A-kinase anchoring protein (AKAP) interaction with protein kinase A (PKA) regulatory subunits: PKA isoform specificity in AKAP binding. J Mol Biol. 2000;298:329-39 pubmed
- Wainwright B, Lench N, Davies K, Scambler P, Kruyer H, Williamson R, et al. A human regulatory subunit of type II cAMP-dependent protein kinase localized by its linkage relationship to several cloned chromosome 7q markers. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1987;45:237-9 pubmed
- Tzitzivacos D, Tiemessen C, Stevens W, Papathanasopoulos M. Viral genetic determinants of nonprogressive HIV type 1 subtype C infection in antiretroviral drug-naive children. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2009;25:1141-8 pubmed publisher..For example, LT46 Nef is unable to bind AP-1 and AP-2 and therefore is inactive on CD4 endocytosis. The biological relevance of these findings requires further investigation. ..
- Furusawa M, Ohnishi T, Taira T, Iguchi Ariga S, Ariga H. AMY-1, a c-Myc-binding protein, is localized in the mitochondria of sperm by association with S-AKAP84, an anchor protein of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36647-51 pubmed..These results suggest that AMY-1 plays a role in spermatogenesis. ..
- Calebiro D, Hannawacker A, Lyga S, Bathon K, Zabel U, Ronchi C, et al. PKA catalytic subunit mutations in adrenocortical Cushing's adenoma impair association with the regulatory subunit. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5680 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the two mutations cause high basal catalytic activity and lack of regulation by cAMP through interference of complex formation between the regulatory and the catalytic subunits of PKA. ..
- Barnitz R, Wan F, Tripuraneni V, Bolton D, Lenardo M. Protein kinase A phosphorylation activates Vpr-induced cell cycle arrest during human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection. J Virol. 2010;84:6410-24 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of PKA activity during HIV-1 infection abrogates Vpr cell cycle arrest. These findings provide new insight into the signaling event that activates Vpr cell cycle arrest, ultimately leading to the death of infected T cells. ..
- Keryer G, Luo Z, Cavadore J, Erlichman J, Bornens M. Phosphorylation of the regulatory subunit of type II beta cAMP-dependent protein kinase by cyclin B/p34cdc2 kinase impairs its binding to microtubule-associated protein 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:5418-22 pubmed..By using truncated NH2-terminal RII beta fusion proteins expressed in Escherichia coli and the mitotic protein kinase p34cdc2 isolated from HeLa cells or ..
- Vincent Dejean C, Cazabat L, Groussin L, Perlemoine K, Fumey G, Tissier F, et al. Identification of a clinically homogenous subgroup of benign cortisol-secreting adrenocortical tumors characterized by alterations of the protein kinase A (PKA) subunits and high PKA activity. Eur J Endocrinol. 2008;158:829-39 pubmed publisher..PKA is a heterotetramer with two regulatory subunits (four genes: PRKAR1A, PRKAR1B, PRKAR2A, PRKAR2B) and two catalytic subunits...
- Elliott M, Shanks R, Khan I, Brooks J, Burkett P, Nelson B, et al. Down-regulation of IL-2 production in T lymphocytes by phosphorylated protein kinase A-RIIbeta. J Immunol. 2004;172:7804-12 pubmed..In summary, our data demonstrate a novel mechanism by which serine 114 phosphorylation and nuclear localization of RIIbeta controls the regulation of gene expression in T cells. ..
- Chaudhry A, Zhang C, Granneman J. Characterization of RII(beta) and D-AKAP1 in differentiated adipocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2002;282:C205-12 pubmed..These results demonstrate that D-AKAP1/S-AKAP84 does not interact with PKA in differentiated C3H/10T1/2 adipocytes under the conditions tested...
- Hofmann B, Nishanian P, Nguyen T, Insixiengmay P, Fahey J. Human immunodeficiency virus proteins induce the inhibitory cAMP/protein kinase A pathway in normal lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:6676-80 pubmed..These studies show that the HIV-induced augmentation of cAMP/PKA activity may be a key part of the mechanism responsible for all or part of the HIV-induced anergy of T lymphocytes. ..
- Ashton K, Reichelt M, Mustafa S, Teng B, Ledent C, Delbridge L, et al. Transcriptomic effects of adenosine 2A receptor deletion in healthy and endotoxemic murine myocardium. Purinergic Signal. 2017;13:27-49 pubmed publisher..Few canonical paths were impacted, with altered Gnb1, Prkar2b, Pde3b and Map3k2 (among others) implicating modified G protein/cAMP/PKA and cGMP/NOS signalling...
- Marx S, Kurokawa J, Reiken S, Motoike H, D ARMIENTO J, Marks A, et al. Requirement of a macromolecular signaling complex for beta adrenergic receptor modulation of the KCNQ1-KCNE1 potassium channel. Science. 2002;295:496-9 pubmed..Yotiao binds to hKCNQ1 by a leucine zipper motif, which is disrupted by an LQTS mutation (hKCNQ1-G589D). Identification of the hKCNQ1 macromolecular complex provides a mechanism for SNS modulation of cardiac APD through IKS. ..
- Hofmann B, Nishanian P, Baldwin R, Insixiengmay P, Nel A, Fahey J. HIV inhibits the early steps of lymphocyte activation, including initiation of inositol phospholipid metabolism. J Immunol. 1990;145:3699-705 pubmed..Reduced availability of DAG presumably interferes with pkC activation and leads to decreased expression of receptors for IL-2 and transferrin and impaired proliferation. ..
- Luo Z, Singh I, Fujihira T, Erlichman J. Characterization of a minimal promoter element required for transcription of the mouse type II beta regulatory subunit (RII beta) of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:24738-47 pubmedThe 5'-flanking DNA of the mouse RII beta subunit of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase gene was characterized by transient transfection of RII beta-CAT constructs into mouse neuroblastoma cells (NB2a) and Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells ..
- Gullingsrud J, Kim C, Taylor S, McCammon J. Dynamic binding of PKA regulatory subunit RI alpha. Structure. 2006;14:141-9 pubmed..The model structure is consistent with available experimental data. ..
- Kultgen P, Byrd S, Ostrowski L, Milgram S. Characterization of an A-kinase anchoring protein in human ciliary axonemes. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:4156-66 pubmed..These data demonstrate that we have identified the first human axonemal AKAP, a protein that likely plays a role in the signaling necessary for efficient modulation of ciliary beat frequency. ..
- Diller T, Madhusudan -, Xuong N, Taylor S. Molecular basis for regulatory subunit diversity in cAMP-dependent protein kinase: crystal structure of the type II beta regulatory subunit. Structure. 2001;9:73-82 pubmed..The domain interface surface is created by the binding of only one cAMP molecule and is enabled by amino acid sequence variability within the peptide chain that tethers the two domains together. ..
- Figueroa J, Han S, Garcia Closas M, Baris D, Jacobs E, Kogevinas M, et al. Genome-wide interaction study of smoking and bladder cancer risk. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1737-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide additional evidence of gene-environment interactions for tobacco and bladder cancer. ..
- McCormack M, Urban T, Shianna K, Walley N, Pandolfo M, Depondt C, et al. Genome-wide mapping for clinically relevant predictors of lamotrigine- and phenytoin-induced hypersensitivity reactions. Pharmacogenomics. 2012;13:399-405 pubmed publisher..As a predictive marker, HLA-A*3101 appears to be specific for carbamazepine-induced cADRs. ..
- Mantovani G, Lania A, Bondioni S, Peverelli E, Pedroni C, Ferrero S, et al. Different expression of protein kinase A (PKA) regulatory subunits in cortisol-secreting adrenocortical tumors: relationship with cell proliferation. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:123-30 pubmed..In conclusion, we propose that a high R1/R2 ratio favors the proliferation of well differentiated and hormone producing adrenocortical cells, while unbalanced expression of these subunits is not required for malignant transformation. ..
- Loh J, Lin C, Yang M, Chou C, Chen W, Hong M, et al. GSKIP- and GSK3-mediated anchoring strengthens cAMP/PKA/Drp1 axis signaling in the regulation of mitochondrial elongation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:1796-807 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data revealed that both GSKIP and GSK3Î² function as anchoring proteins in the cAMP/PKA/Drp1 signaling axis modulating Drp1 phosphorylation. ..
- Li S, Bozzo L, Wu Z, Lu W, Romerio F. The HIV-1 matrix protein p17 activates the transcription factors c-Myc and CREB in human B cells. New Microbiol. 2010;33:13-24 pubmed..As both CREB and c-Myc are involved in the regulation of cell proliferation, differentiation, and survival, our findings might suggest a potential mechanism of B cell lymphomagenesis during HIV-1 infection. ..
- Li Y, Rubin C. Mutagenesis of the regulatory subunit (RII beta) of cAMP-dependent protein kinase II beta reveals hydrophobic amino acids that are essential for RII beta dimerization and/or anchoring RII beta to the cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:1935-44 pubmed..protein kinase II beta (PKAII beta) is sequestered in the dendritic cytoskeleton because the regulatory subunit (RII beta) of the enzyme is tightly bound by A Kinase Anchor Proteins (AKAPs)...
- Solberg R, Sistonen P, Träskelin A, Berube D, Simard J, Krajci P, et al. Mapping of the regulatory subunits RI beta and RII beta of cAMP-dependent protein kinase genes on human chromosome 7. Genomics. 1992;14:63-9 pubmedThe genes encoding the regulatory subunits RI beta (locus PRKAR1B) and RII beta (locus PRKAR2B) of human cAMP-dependent protein kinase have been mapped in the basic CEPH (Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain) family panel of 40 families ..
- Xie G, Raufman J. Association of protein kinase A with AKAP150 facilitates pepsinogen secretion from gastric chief cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;281:G1051-8 pubmed..These data suggest the existence in chief cells of a protein complex that includes AKAP150, PKA, PKC, and PP2B. Disruption of the AKAP-PKA linkage impairs cAMP-mediated pepsinogen secretion and cross talk between signaling pathways...
- Reinton N, Collas P, Haugen T, Skalhegg B, Hansson V, Jahnsen T, et al. Localization of a novel human A-kinase-anchoring protein, hAKAP220, during spermatogenesis. Dev Biol. 2000;223:194-204 pubmed
- Taylor S, Buechler J, Yonemoto W. cAMP-dependent protein kinase: framework for a diverse family of regulatory enzymes. Annu Rev Biochem. 1990;59:971-1005 pubmed
- Liu Y, Guo Y, Zhang L, Pei Y, Yu N, Yu P, et al. Biological pathway-based genome-wide association analysis identified the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) pathway important for obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18:2339-46 pubmed publisher..The study also highlights the importance of pathway-based GWA analysis in identification of additional genes/variants for complex human diseases. ..
- Hundsrucker C, Skroblin P, Christian F, Zenn H, Popara V, Joshi M, et al. Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta interaction protein functions as an A-kinase anchoring protein. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:5507-21 pubmed publisher..We show here that this domain of GSKIP and its vertebrate orthologues binds both PKA and GSK3beta and thereby provides a mechanism for the integration of PKA and GSK3beta signaling pathways. ..