Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRKACG
Description: protein kinase cAMP-activated catalytic subunit gamma
Alias: BDPLT19, KAPG, PKACg, cAMP-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit gamma, PKA C-gamma, protein kinase, cAMP-dependent, catalytic, gamma, protein kinase, cAMP-dependent, gamma catalytic subunit, serine(threonine) protein kinase
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Shi T, Sun J, Wu X, Weng J, Wang P, Qie H, et al. Transcriptome analysis of Chinese bayberry (Myrica rubra Sieb. et Zucc.) fruit treated with heat and 1-MCP. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2018;133:40-49 pubmed publisher..These results might improve our understanding of the mechanisms of heat and 1-MCP inhibition of fruit postharvest physiology and prolongation of fruit shelf life. ..
- Suliman H, Kraft B, Bartz R, Chen L, Welty Wolf K, Piantadosi C. Mitochondrial quality control in alveolar epithelial cells damaged by S. aureus pneumonia in mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L699-L709 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that mitochondrial QC activation in pneumonia-damaged AT2 cells promotes cell survival in support of alveolar function. ..
- Yang B, Lan S, Dieudé M, Sabo Vatasescu J, Karakeussian Rimbaud A, Turgeon J, et al. Caspase-3 Is a Pivotal Regulator of Microvascular Rarefaction and Renal Fibrosis after Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:1900-1916 pubmed publisher..These findings also demonstrate the predominant role of microvascular over tubular injury as a driver of progressive renal damage and fibrosis after IRI. ..
- Saito Y, Moriya S, Kazama H, Hirasawa K, Miyahara K, Kokuba H, et al. Amino acid starvation culture condition sensitizes EGFR-expressing cancer cell lines to gefitinib-mediated cytotoxicity by inducing atypical necroptosis. Int J Oncol. 2018;52:1165-1177 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the enhanced cytotoxic effect of GEF under AAS culture conditions is thought to be mediated by atypical necroptosis. ..
- Cheng H, Xia B, Su C, Chen K, Chen X, Chen P, et al. PI3K/Akt signaling pathway and Hsp70 activate in hippocampus of rats with chronic manganese sulfate exposure. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2018;50:332-338 pubmed publisher..05). Chronic MnSO4 exposure can result in apoptosis of central nerve cells, activate the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in rats' hippocampus, and upregulate Hsp70 transcription and translation. ..
- Pagel R, Bär F, Schröder T, Sünderhauf A, Künstner A, Ibrahim S, et al. Circadian rhythm disruption impairs tissue homeostasis and exacerbates chronic inflammation in the intestine. FASEB J. 2017;31:4707-4719 pubmed publisher..König, P., Tsang, A. H., Bettenworth, D., Divanovic, S., Lehnert, H., Fellermann, K., Oster, H., Derer, S., Sina, C. Circadian rhythm disruption impairs tissue homeostasis and exacerbates chronic inflammation in the intestine. ..
- Beke L, Kig C, Linders J, Boens S, Boeckx A, Van Heerde E, et al. MELK-T1, a small-molecule inhibitor of protein kinase MELK, decreases DNA-damage tolerance in proliferating cancer cells. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting MELK by the inhibition of both its catalytic activity and its protein stability might sensitize tumours to DNA-damaging agents or radiation therapy by lowering the DNA-damage threshold. ..
- Rotllant G, Nguyen T, Sbragaglia V, Rahi L, Dudley K, Hurwood D, et al. Sex and tissue specific gene expression patterns identified following de novo transcriptomic analysis of the Norway lobster, Nephrops norvegicus. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:622 pubmed publisher..The N. norvegicus data provide a foundation for future gene-based reproductive studies. ..
- Chen H, Wang Q, Yin Y, Li S, Niu D, Wang H. Genotypic variations between wild-type and small colony variant of Staphylococcus aureus in prosthetic valve infectious endocarditis: a comparative genomic and transcriptomic analysis. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2018;51:655-658 pubmed publisher..aureus. In conclusion, the reduced growth rate and decreased virulence of MRSA SCV strains may be related to mutations in and downregulation of genes associated with metabolism and virulence, especially plsY, deoC, eap and sstD. ..
- Kuo J, Shih T, Lin J, Lai K, Lin M, Yang M, et al. Cantharidin induces DNA damage and inhibits DNA repair-associated protein expressions in TSGH8301 human bladder cancer cell. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:795-804 pubmed..In conclusion, we found that cantharidin-induced cell death may occur through the induction of DNA damage and suppression of DNA repair-associated protein expression in TSGH8301 cells. ..
- Tse A, Li J, Chan T, Wu R, Lai K. Hypoxia induces miR-210, leading to anti-apoptosis in ovarian follicular cells of marine medaka Oryzias melastigma. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;165:189-96 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights on how hypoxia induces miR-210, leading to anti-apoptosis in ovarian follicular cells in fish, which is fundamentally important in environmental sciences and reproductive biology. ..
- Kong X, Kuilman T, Shahrabi A, Boshuizen J, Kemper K, Song J, et al. Cancer drug addiction is relayed by an ERK2-dependent phenotype switch. Nature. 2017;550:270-274 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a pathway that underpins drug addiction in cancer cells, which may help to guide the use of alternating therapeutic strategies for enhanced clinical responses in drug-resistant cancers...
- Zhao J, Liu N, Hao X, Que L, Liu J, Tang X. Association between integrin-linked kinase and hyperthermia in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:7705-7714 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ILK silencing combined with hypothermia may serve as a novel combination therapy strategy against OSCC...
- Rotllan N, Chamorro Jorganes A, Araldi E, Wanschel A, Aryal B, Aranda J, et al. Hematopoietic Akt2 deficiency attenuates the progression of atherosclerosis. FASEB J. 2015;29:597-610 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide evidence that macrophage Akt2 regulates migration, the inflammatory response and cholesterol metabolism and suggest that targeting Akt2 in macrophages might be beneficial for treating atherosclerosis. ..
- Lemstrová R, Brynychová V, Hughes D, Hlaváč V, Dvorak P, Doherty J, et al. Dysregulation of KRAS signaling in pancreatic cancer is not associated with KRAS mutations and outcome. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:5980-5988 pubmed publisher..This may partly explain the failure of KRAS-targeted therapies in PDAC...
- Rubenstein M, Hollowell C, Guinan P. Suppression of BCL2 by Antisense Oligonucleotides and Compensation by Non-Targeted Genes May Enhance Tumor Proliferation. In Vivo. 2015;29:687-93 pubmed..This could be accomplished by dual monospecific targeting KI-67 and BCL2, or with a bispecific (or proposed multispecific) oligonucleotide simultaneously targeting both. ..
- Sawicki M, Rondeau M, Courteaux B, Rabenoelina F, Guerriero G, Gomès E, et al. On a Cold Night: Transcriptomics of Grapevine Flower Unveils Signal Transduction and Impacted Metabolism. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20: pubmed publisher..From a long-term perspective, our study provides useful starting points for future investigation. ..
- Liu S, Vallejo R, Gao G, Palti Y, Weber G, Hernandez A, et al. Identification of single-nucleotide polymorphism markers associated with cortisol response to crowding in rainbow trout. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2015;17:328-37 pubmed publisher..However, the reference genome resources currently available for rainbow trout require continued improvement as demonstrated by the unmapped SNPs and the putative assembly errors detected in this study. ..
- Han H, Xue P, Dong H, Zhu S, Zhao Q, Huang B. Screening and characterization of apical membrane antigen 1 interacting proteins in Eimeria tenella. Exp Parasitol. 2016;170:116-124 pubmed publisher..The data suggested that EtAMA1 may be important during host cell invasion, but also involved in other biological processes. ..
- Katsube A, Hayashi H, Kusuhara H. Pim-1L Protects Cell Surface-Resident ABCA1 From Lysosomal Degradation in Hepatocytes and Thereby Regulates Plasma High-Density Lipoprotein Level. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:2304-2314 pubmed..Our findings may aid the development of high-density lipoprotein-targeted therapy. ..
- Xing P, Liao Z, Ren Z, Zhao J, Song F, Wang G, et al. Roles of low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 in tumors. Chin J Cancer. 2016;35:6 pubmed publisher..Only by understanding the mechanisms of these effects can we develop novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for cancers mediated by LRP1. ..
- Amrutkar M, Cansby E, Chursa U, NuÃ±ez DurÃ¡n E, ChanclÃ³n B, StÃ¥hlman M, et al. Genetic Disruption of Protein Kinase STK25 Ameliorates Metabolic Defects in a Diet-Induced Type 2 Diabetes Model. Diabetes. 2015;64:2791-804 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that STK25 deficiency protects against the metabolic consequences of chronic exposure to dietary lipids and highlight the potential of STK25 antagonists for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Zhao C, Ma X, Guo H, Li P, Liu H. RIP2 deficiency attenuates cardiac hypertrophy, inflammation and fibrosis in pressure overload induced mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1151-1158 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicated that RIP2-deficience ameliorated cardiac hypertrophy, inflammation and fibrosis through modulating multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Szobi A, Rajtik T, ADAMEOVA A. Effects of necrostatin-1, an inhibitor of necroptosis, and its inactive analogue Nec-1i on basal cardiovascular function. Physiol Res. 2016;65:861-865 pubmed..These effects of Nec-1 are likely due to its off-target action or RIP1 has an important role in the regulation of cardiovascular function independently of its action on the necroptotic pathway. ..
- Nuñez Durán E, Chanclón B, Sütt S, Real J, Marschall H, Wernstedt Asterholm I, et al. Protein kinase STK25 aggravates the severity of non-alcoholic fatty pancreas disease in mice. J Endocrinol. 2017;234:15-27 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight STK25 as a potential drug target for metabolic disease. ..
- Dai J, Liu T, Wang K, Pang Y, Wang Q, Chen Z. [Effects of Atorvastatin on Proliferation and Apoptosis of Leukemia Cell Line HL-60 and Its Mechanism of Signal Pathway]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2017;25:403-407 pubmed publisher..62±2.41) respectively, significantly different from the negative control (t=4.806,3.800,4.313, P<0.05). Atorvastatin may inhibit the proliferation of HL-60 cells and induce apoptosis by inhibiting the PI3K/ATK/mTOR signaling pathway. ..
- Zeng X, Li Y, Ling H, Chen J, Guo S. Revealing proteins associated with symbiotic germination of Gastrodia elata by proteomic analysis. Bot Stud. 2018;59:8 pubmed publisher..elata. The present study indicated the metabolic change and defensive reaction could disrupt the balance between Mycena and G. elata during mycorrhizal symbiotic germination. ..
- Huang C, Zhang Y, Wang J, Jiang J, Bao J. MCP-1 impacts RCT by repressing ABCA1, ABCG1, and SR-BI through PI3K/Akt posttranslational regulation in HepG2 cells. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:1231-40 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that MCP-1 impairs RCT activity in HepG2 cells by a PI3K/Akt-mediated posttranslational regulation of ABCA1, ABCG1, and SR-BI cell-surface expression...
- Li J, Wang R, Gannon O, Rezey A, Jiang S, Gerlach B, et al. Polo-like Kinase 1 Regulates Vimentin Phosphorylation at Ser-56 and Contraction in Smooth Muscle. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:23693-23703 pubmed..Plk1 activation is regulated by SLK during contractile activation. Plk1 contributes to the pathogenesis of asthma. ..
- Li K, Gao P, Xiang P, Zhang X, Cui X, Ma L. Molecular mechanisms of PFOA-induced toxicity in animals and humans: Implications for health risks. Environ Int. 2017;99:43-54 pubmed publisher..Both in vivo and in vitro studies are needed to better understand the PFOA-induced toxicity mechanisms as well as the associated health risk in humans. ..
- Saiyin H, Na N, Han X, Fang Y, Wu Y, Lou W, et al. BRSK2 induced by nutrient deprivation promotes Akt activity in pancreatic cancer via downregulation of mTOR activity. Oncotarget. 2017;8:44669-44681 pubmed publisher..This finding indicates that the intrinsic molecular merit that BRSK2 provides is a survival advantage to PDAC cells and strengthens the invasiveness of these neoplastic cells in energy-deprived environments. ..
- Cheng Y, Zhu Y, Xu J, Yang M, Chen P, Xu W, et al. PKN2 in colon cancer cells inhibits M2 phenotype polarization of tumor-associated macrophages via regulating DUSP6-Erk1/2 pathway. Mol Cancer. 2018;17:13 pubmed publisher..The expression of PKN2 in colon cancer cells suppresses tumor associated M2 macrophage polarization and tumor growth. Targeting PKN2 signaling pathway may provide a potential therapeutic strategy for colon cancer. ..
- Lee S, Han B, Cho J, Choi J, Lee J, Song H, et al. Crystal structure of pim1 kinase in complex with a pyrido[4,3-d]pyrimidine derivative suggests a unique binding mode. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70358 pubmed publisher..The binding mode analysis suggests that the SKI-O-068 inhibitor can be improved by introducing functional groups that facilitate direct interaction with Lys67, which aid in the design of an optimized inhibitor. ..
- Kovarikova V, Burkuš J, Rehák P, Brzakova A, Solc P, Baran V. Aurora kinase A is essential for correct chromosome segregation in mouse zygote. Zygote. 2016;24:326-37 pubmed publisher..In conclusion these data suggest that AURKA is essential for the correct chromosome segregation in the first mitosis as a prerequisite for normal later development after first cleavage. ..
- Jiang S, Tang D. Plk1 regulates MEK1/2 and proliferation in airway smooth muscle cells. Respir Res. 2015;16:93 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that Plk1 is activated upon growth factor stimulation, which may control the activation of MEK1/2 and ERK1/2, and smooth muscle cell proliferation. ..
- Yemets A, Fedorchuk V, Blume Y. [ENHANCEMENT OF AGROBACTERIAL TRANSFORMATION OF PLANTS USING PROTEIN KINASE INHIBITORS TRIFLUOPERAZINE AND GENISTEIN]. Tsitol Genet. 2016;50:3-11 pubmed..It was found 100 ?M genistein provoked the increase of the frequency of agrobacterial transformation of tobacco leaf disks on 12%. ..
- Zhu X, Pan Q, Huang N, Wu J, Zhen N, Sun F, et al. RAD51 regulates CHK1 stability via autophagy to promote cell growth in esophageal squamous carcinoma cells. Tumour Biol. 2016;: pubmed..Moreover, our data firstly shed insights into the possible application of autophagy inhibitors in treating RAD51 overexpressed EC patients. ..
- Li Y, Sun S, Zhong C, Wang X, Wu X, Zhu Z. Genetic mapping and development of co-segregating markers of RpsQ, which provides resistance to Phytophthora sojae in soybean. Theor Appl Genet. 2017;130:1223-1233 pubmed publisher..sojae. ..
- Di Domenico F, Tramutola A, Foppoli C, Head E, Perluigi M, Butterfield D. mTOR in Down syndrome: Role in Aß and tau neuropathology and transition to Alzheimer disease-like dementia. Free Radic Biol Med. 2018;114:94-101 pubmed publisher..Oxidative stress, associated with chr21-related Aβ and mitochondrial alterations, may significantly contribute to this linkage of mTOR to AD-like neuropathology in DS. ..
- Liu Z, Chen T, Han Q, Chen M, You J, Fang F, et al. HDAC inhibitor LMK?235 promotes the odontoblast differentiation of dental pulp cells. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that LMK?235 may serve a key role in the proliferation and odontoblast differentiation of DPCs, and could be used to accelerate dental tissue regeneration...
- Gwee S, Radford R, Chow S, Syal M, Morsch M, Formella I, et al. Aurora kinase B regulates axonal outgrowth and regeneration in the spinal motor neurons of developing zebrafish. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2018;75:4269-4285 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest a hitherto unreported role of AurkB in regulating neuronal development and axonal outgrowth. ..
- Taylor S, Buechler J, Yonemoto W. cAMP-dependent protein kinase: framework for a diverse family of regulatory enzymes. Annu Rev Biochem. 1990;59:971-1005 pubmed
- Kuo Y, Huang H, Cai T, Wang T. Target of Rapamycin Complex 2 regulates cell growth via Myc in Drosophila. Sci Rep. 2015;5:10339 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, loss of TORC2 disrupted the nuclear localization of Myc, and inhibited Myc-dependent transcription. Together, our results reveal a Myc-dependent pathway by which TORC2 regulates cell growth. ..
- Hao P, Lu C, Ma Y, Xu L, Zhu J, Yu X. Roles of NlAKTIP in the Growth and Eclosion of the Rice Brown Planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens StÃ¥l, as Revealed by RNA Interference. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:22888-903 pubmed publisher..This study provided a valuable clue of a potential target NlAKTIP for inhibiting the BPH, and also provided a new point of view on the interaction between BPH and resistant rice. ..
- Blesneac I, Chemin J, Bidaud I, Huc Brandt S, Vandermoere F, Lory P. Phosphorylation of the Cav3.2 T-type calcium channel directly regulates its gating properties. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13705-10 pubmed publisher..Our data show that Cav3.2 channels are highly phosphorylated in the mammalian brain and establish phosphorylation as an important mechanism involved in the dynamic regulation of Cav3.2 channel gating properties. ..
- Gadducci A, Biglia N, Tana R, Cosio S, Gallo M. Metformin use and gynecological cancers: A novel treatment option emerging from drug repositioning. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;105:73-83 pubmed publisher..Therefore long-term phase II-III clinical trials are strongly warranted to further investigate metformin activity in gynecological cancers. ..
- Mian E, Wiesmuller L. Phenotypic Analysis of ATM Protein Kinase in DNA Double-Strand Break Formation and Repair. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1599:317-334 pubmed publisher..This chapter summarizes these methods for functional characterization of ATM in patient LCLs and human cell lines. ..
- Prakasam G, Singh R, Iqbal M, Saini S, Tiku A, Bamezai R. Pyruvate kinase M knockdown-induced signaling via AMP-activated protein kinase promotes mitochondrial biogenesis, autophagy, and cancer cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15561-15576 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our observations, we propose an alternative therapeutic strategy of silencing either of the PKM isoforms along with AMPK in tumors. ..
- Stockton S, Gomes I, Liu T, Moraje C, HipÃ³lito L, Jones M, et al. Morphine Regulated Synaptic Networks Revealed by Integrated Proteomics and Network Analysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015;14:2564-76 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest a role for protein degradation and for the ubiquitin/proteasomal system in the etiology of opiate dependence and addiction. ..
- Reyland M, Jones D. Multifunctional roles of PKC?: Opportunities for targeted therapy in human disease. Pharmacol Ther. 2016;165:1-13 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss what is currently known about biological roles of PKC? and prospects for targeting PKC? in human disease. ..
- Pfeifhofer Obermair C, Albrecht Schgoer K, Peer S, Nairz M, Siegmund K, Klepsch V, et al. Role of PKCtheta in macrophage-mediated immune response to Salmonella typhimurium infection in mice. Cell Commun Signal. 2016;14:14 pubmed publisher..typhimurium infection, and acts as an essential link between TLR4/IFNgammaR signaling and selective suppression of the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 at the onset of CAM differentiation in the course of a bacterial infection. ..
- Okimoto R, Lin L, Olivas V, Chan E, Markegard E, Rymar A, et al. Preclinical efficacy of a RAF inhibitor that evades paradoxical MAPK pathway activation in protein kinase BRAF-mutant lung cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:13456-13461 pubmed..Our study provides a biological rationale and potential polytherapy strategy to aid the deployment of PLX8394 in lung cancer patients. ..
- Li Z, Liu J, Li J, Kong Y, Sandusky G, Rao X, et al. Polo-like kinase 1 (Plk1) overexpression enhances ionizing radiation-induced cancer formation in mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17461-17472 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Plk1 overexpression may contribute to tumor formation by both inducing chromosomal instability and suppressing the DDR pathway. ..
- Kim A, Back J, Zhu Y, Tang X, Yardley N, Kim K, et al. AKT1 Activation is Obligatory for Spontaneous BCC Tumor Growth in a Murine Model that Mimics Some Features of Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2016;9:794-802 pubmed..Our data demonstrate an obligatory role for AKT1 in BCC growth, and targeting AKT may help reduce BCC tumor burden in BCNS patients. Cancer Prev Res; 9(10); 794-802. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Cui S, Zhang K, Li C, Chen J, Pan Y, Feng B, et al. Methylation-associated silencing of microRNA-129-3p promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition, invasion and metastasis of hepatocelluar cancer by targeting Aurora-A. Oncotarget. 2016;7:78009-78028 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-129-3p may be a novel prognostic biomarker and potential therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Russo P, Hood B, Bateman N, Conrads T. Quantitative Mass Spectrometry by Isotope Dilution and Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM). Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1606:313-332 pubmed publisher..Ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM) phosphorylates several key proteins that initiate activation of the DNA damage checkpoint leading to cell cycle arrest. ..
- Yang B, Jia Y, Jia Z, Wang W, Song X, Li Y, et al. The cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) mediates hematopoiesis through G1-to-S transition in Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;81:156-166 pubmed publisher..sinensis. ..
- Wang J, Zhang X, Li Q, Wang K, Wang Y, Jiao J, et al. MicroRNA-103/107 Regulate Programmed Necrosis and Myocardial Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury Through Targeting FADD. Circ Res. 2015;117:352-63 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel myocardial necrosis regulation model, which is composed of H19, miR-103/107, and FADD. Modulation of their levels may provide a new approach for preventing myocardial necrosis. ..
- Gueguen C, Bouley J, Moussu H, Luce S, Duchateau M, Chamot Rooke J, et al. Changes in markers associated with dendritic cells drivingÂ the differentiation of either TH2 cells or regulatoryÂ TÂ cells correlate with clinical benefit during allergen immunotherapy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016;137:545-58 pubmed publisher
- Liao Y, Feng Y, Shen J, Gao Y, Cote G, Choy E, et al. Clinical and biological significance of PIM1 kinase in osteosarcoma. J Orthop Res. 2016;34:1185-94 pubmed publisher..2015 Orthopaedic Research Society. Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Orthop Res 34:1185-1194, 2016. ..
- Zhang L, Chen W, Hu Y, Wu X, Nie P, Chang M. TBK1-like transcript negatively regulates the production of IFN and IFN-stimulated genes through RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;54:135-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data support that zebrafish TBK1L negatively regulates RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. ..
- Dernayka L, Rauch N, Jarboui M, Zebisch A, Texier Y, Horn N, et al. Autophosphorylation on S614 inhibits the activity and the transforming potential of BRAF. Cell Signal. 2016;28:1432-9 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylation of S614 is mitogen inducible and the result of autophosphorylation. These data suggest that phosphorylation at this site is inhibitory, and part of the physiological shut-down mechanism of BRAF signalling. ..
- Peters M, Minton A, Phanstiel IV O, Gilmour S. A Novel Polyamine-Targeted Therapy for BRAF Mutant Melanoma Tumors. Med Sci (Basel). 2018;6: pubmed publisher..These data indicate that mutant BRAF melanoma cells are more dependent on the PTS compared to BRAFWT melanoma cells, resulting in greater sensitivity to the PTS-targeted cytotoxic AP compound. ..
- Ji Z, Yuan L, Lu X, Ding H, Luo J, Ke Z. Binge Alcohol Exposure Causes Neurobehavioral Deficits and GSK3Î² Activation in the Hippocampus of Adolescent Rats. Sci Rep. 2018;8:3088 pubmed publisher..Thus, GSK3Î² may be involved in binge alcohol exposure-induced neuronal damage to the adolescent hippocampus. ..
- Quang K, Maguy A, Qi X, Naud P, Xiong F, Tadevosyan A, et al. Loss of cardiomyocyte integrin-linked kinase produces an arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy in mice. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2015;8:921-32 pubmed publisher..Cardiomyocyte ILK deletion produces a lethal arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy associated with important ion channel and structural remodeling. ..
- Que L, Zhao D, Tang X, Liu J, Zhang X, Zhan Y, et al. Effects of lentivirus-mediated shRNA targeting integrin-linked kinase on oral squamous cell carcinoma in vitro and in vivo. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:89-98 pubmed publisher..In addition, the knockdown of ILK inhibited tumor growth, invasion and metastasis of xenograft tumors in vivo. These results suggested that ILK is a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of OSCC. ..
- FernÃ¡ndez AceÃ±ero M, CortÃ©s D, GÃ³mez Del Pulgar T, CebriÃ¡n A, Estrada L, MartÃnez Useros J, et al. PLK-1 Expression is Associated with Histopathological Response to Neoadjuvant Therapy of Hepatic Metastasis of Colorectal Carcinoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2016;22:377-83 pubmed publisher..This study shows the association between survival and poor histopathological response to therapy and high expression of PLK1 in metastasis. Our results could open a new therapeutic approach through the inhibition of PLK1. ..
- Cui H, Zhu Y, Jiang D. The RIP1-RIP3 Complex Mediates Osteocyte Necroptosis after Ovariectomy in Rats. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150805 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence of a potential mechanism through which osteocyte necroptosis is associated with postmenopausal osteoporosis. ..
- Deng J, Chang J, Liao J, Chao W, Lee M, Cheng C, et al. Actinidia callosa var. callosa suppresses metastatic potential of human hepatoma cell SK-Hep1 by inhibiting matrix metalloproteinase-2 through PI3K/Akt and MAPK signaling pathways. Bot Stud. 2018;59:3 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that EAAC may be used as an antimetastatic agent. ..
- Qu F, Xiang Z, Xiao S, Wang F, Li J, Zhang Y, et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) is involved in immune defense against bacterial infection in Crassostrea hongkongensis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;67:77-85 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study provided the first experimental demonstration that oysters possess a functional JNK that participates in host defense against bacterial infection in C.Â hongkongensis. ..
- Zidovetzki R, Wang J, Chen P, Jeyaseelan R, Hofman F. Human immunodeficiency virus Tat protein induces interleukin 6 mRNA expression in human brain endothelial cells via protein kinase C- and cAMP-dependent protein kinase pathways. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1998;14:825-33 pubmed..Both the Tat-induced increase in intracellular cAMP and IL-6 mRNA levels in CNS-ECs may play a role in altering the blood-brain barrier and thereby inducing pathology often observed in AIDS dementia. ..
- Gong R, Wang P, Dworkin L. What we need to know about the effect of lithium on the kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016;311:F1168-F1171 pubmed publisher..Future studies are warranted to discover the exact "kidney-protective dose" of lithium and test the effects of low-dose lithium on acute and chronic kidney disease in humans. ..
- Masci A, Galgani M, Cassano S, De Simone S, Gallo A, De Rosa V, et al. HIV-1 gp120 induces anergy in naive T lymphocytes through CD4-independent protein kinase-A-mediated signaling. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;74:1117-24 pubmed..These findings reveal a novel mechanism by which HIVenv may modulate the processes of clonal expansion, homeostatic proliferation, and terminal differentiation of the naive T lymphocyte subset. ..
- Stevanin G, Hahn V, Lohmann E, Bouslam N, Gouttard M, Soumphonphakdy C, et al. Mutation in the catalytic domain of protein kinase C gamma and extension of the phenotype associated with spinocerebellar ataxia type 14. Arch Neurol. 2004;61:1242-8 pubmed..The wide range of ages at onset, the presence of myoclonus in the limbs, and the presence of cognitive impairment extend the phenotype associated with this genetic entity. ..
- Koch S, Lamb F, Hellman J, Sherwood E, Stark R. Potentiation and tolerance of toll-like receptor priming in human endothelial cells. Transl Res. 2017;180:53-67.e4 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that in human endothelial cells, prior activation of TLRs can have a significant impact on subsequent exposures and may contribute to the severity of the host response. ..
- Gotru S, Chen W, Kraft P, Becker I, Wolf K, Stritt S, et al. TRPM7 Kinase Controls Calcium Responses in Arterial Thrombosis and Stroke in Mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2018;38:344-352 pubmed publisher..The protection of Trpm7R/R mice from acute ischemic disease without developing intracranial hemorrhage indicates that TRPM7 kinase might be a promising antithrombotic target. ..
- Kang H, Liu D, Tian J, Hu X, Zhang X, Yin H, et al. Feline Panleucopenia Virus NS2 Suppresses the Host IFN-? Induction by Disrupting the Interaction between TBK1 and STING. Viruses. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Our study has yielded strong evidence for the FPV mechanisms that counteract the host innate immunity. ..
- Marx S, Reiken S, Hisamatsu Y, Jayaraman T, Burkhoff D, Rosemblit N, et al. PKA phosphorylation dissociates FKBP12.6 from the calcium release channel (ryanodine receptor): defective regulation in failing hearts. Cell. 2000;101:365-76 pubmed..6, PKA, the protein phosphatases PP1 and PP2A, and an anchoring protein, mAKAP. In failing human hearts, RyR2 is PKA hyperphosphorylated, resulting in defective channel function due to increased sensitivity to Ca2+-induced activation. ..
- Shirakawa K, Takaori Kondo A, Yokoyama M, Izumi T, Matsui M, Io K, et al. Phosphorylation of APOBEC3G by protein kinase A regulates its interaction with HIV-1 Vif. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:1184-91 pubmed publisher..These data imply that PKA-mediated phosphorylation of A3G can regulate the interaction between A3G and Vif. ..
- Li L, Hao J, Jiang X, Li P, Sen H. Cardioprotective effects of ulinastatin against isoproterenol-induced chronic heart failure through the PI3K?Akt, p38 MAPK and NF-?B pathways. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated the cardioprotective effect of ulinastatin against isoproterenol?induced chronic heart failure through the PI3K?Akt, p38 MAPK and NF??B pathways...