Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PREX2
Description: phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate dependent Rac exchange factor 2
Alias: DEP.2, DEPDC2, P-REX2, PPP1R129, phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate-dependent Rac exchanger 2 protein, DEP domain-containing protein 2, PtdIns(3,4,5)-dependent Rac exchanger 2, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 129
- Tong D, Zhao L, He K, Sun H, Cai D, Ni L, et al. MECP2 promotes the growth of gastric cancer cells by suppressing miR-338-mediated antiproliferative effect. Oncotarget. 2016;7:34845-59 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that MECP2 promote the proliferation of GC cells via miR-338 (miR-338-3p and miR-338-5p)-mediated antitumor and gene regulatory effect. ..
- Lucato C, Halls M, Ooms L, Liu H, Mitchell C, Whisstock J, et al. The Phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-Trisphosphate-dependent Rac Exchanger 1Â·Ras-related C3 Botulinum Toxin Substrate 1 (P-Rex1Â·Rac1) Complex Reveals the Basis of Rac1 Activation in Breast Cancer Cells. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:20827-40 pubmed publisher
- de Unamuno Bustos B, Murria Estal R, Pérez Simó G, de Juan Jiménez I, Escutia Muñoz B, Rodriguez Serna M, et al. Towards Personalized Medicine in Melanoma: Implementation of a Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Panel. Sci Rep. 2017;7:495 pubmed publisher..The most prevalent mutated genes were BRAF (50%;50/199), NRAS (15%;15/100), PREX2 (14%;14/100), GRIN2A (13%;13/100), and ERBB4 (12%;12/100)...
- Multani S, Pradhan S, Saranath D. Gene polymorphisms and oral cancer risk in tobacco habituÃ©s. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:6169-76 pubmed publisher..The SNPs rs2124437 (RASGRP3), rs1335022 (GRIK2), rs4512367 (PREX2), rs4748011 (CCDC3), and rs1435218 (LNX1) were analyzed in 500 histopathologically confirmed oral cancers and 500 ..
- Hodakoski C, Hopkins B, Barrows D, Mense S, Keniry M, Anderson K, et al. Regulation of PTEN inhibition by the pleckstrin homology domain of P-REX2 during insulin signaling and glucose homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:155-60 pubmed publisher..Consistent with its function as a PTEN inhibitor, deletion of Prex2 in fibroblasts and mice results in increased Pten activity and decreased insulin signaling in liver and adipose ..
- Barrows D, Schoenfeld S, Hodakoski C, Silkov A, Honig B, Couvillon A, et al. p21-activated Kinases (PAKs) Mediate the Phosphorylation of PREX2 Protein to Initiate Feedback Inhibition of Rac1 GTPase. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:28915-31 pubmed publisherPhosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PIP3)-dependent Rac exchanger 2 (PREX2) is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for the Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1 (Rac1) GTPase, facilitating the exchange of GDP for GTP on ..
- Leslie N. P-REX2a driving tumorigenesis by PTEN inhibition. Sci Signal. 2009;2:pe68 pubmed publisher..This suggests that aberrant control of PTEN by P-REX2a may represent a key tumorigenic mechanism, in agreement with recent studies supporting the pathological relevance of several other proposed PTEN regulators. ..
- Berger M, Hodis E, Heffernan T, Deribe Y, Lawrence M, Protopopov A, et al. Melanoma genome sequencing reveals frequent PREX2 mutations. Nature. 2012;485:502-6 pubmed publisher..Analysis of whole-genome sequence data identified PREX2 (phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate-dependent Rac exchange factor 2)--a PTEN-interacting protein and ..
- Hernández Negrete I, Carretero Ortega J, Rosenfeldt H, Hernández García R, Calderón Salinas J, Reyes Cruz G, et al. P-Rex1 links mammalian target of rapamycin signaling to Rac activation and cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23708-15 pubmed..mTORC2 has been described as the catalytic complex that phosphorylates AKT/PKB at Ser-473 and elicits activation of Rho GTPases and cytoskeletal reorganization. Thus, P-Rex1 links mTOR signaling to Rac activation and cell migration. ..
- Biological variability has confounded efforts to confirm the role of PREX2 mutations in melanoma.
- Lissanu Deribe Y. Interplay between PREX2 mutations and the PI3K pathway and its effect on epigenetic regulation of gene expression in NRAS-mutant melanoma. Small Gtpases. 2016;7:178-85 pubmed publisherb>PREX2 is a PTEN interacting protein that is significantly mutated in melanoma and pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Recently, we reported the mechanistic basis of melanomagenesis by PREX2 mutations...
- Lan X, Xiao F, Ding Q, Liu J, Liu J, Li J, et al. The effect of CXCL9 on the invasion ability of hepatocellular carcinoma through up-regulation of PREX2. J Mol Histol. 2014;45:689-96 pubmed publisher..G protein-coupled receptors (GPCR) activated by CXCL9, Phosphatidylinositol-3, 4, 5-trisphosphate RAC Exchanger 2 (PREX2) mRNA expression of the liver cancer cell lines was elevated after co-cultured with rhCXCL9...
- Donald S, Hill K, Lecureuil C, Barnouin R, Krugmann S, John Coadwell W, et al. P-Rex2, a new guanine-nucleotide exchange factor for Rac. FEBS Lett. 2004;572:172-6 pubmed..Together, they form an enzyme family capable of mediating Rac signalling downstream of G protein-coupled receptors and phosphoinositide 3-kinase. ..
- Barrows D, He J, Parsons R. PREX1 Protein Function Is Negatively Regulated Downstream of Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Activation by p21-activated Kinases (PAKs). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:20042-54 pubmed publisher..PREX1 and PREX2 GEF activity is activated by the second messengers PIP3 and G??, and further regulation of PREX GEF activity ..
- Joseph R, Norris F. Substrate specificity and recognition is conferred by the pleckstrin homology domain of the Dbl family guanine nucleotide exchange factor P-Rex2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:27508-12 pubmed..Thus substrate recognition can now be added to the growing list of functions that are being attributed to the PH domain of Dbl family GEFs. ..
- Chen X, Pan M, Han L, Lu H, Hao X, Dong Q. miR-338-3p suppresses neuroblastoma proliferation, invasion and migration through targeting PREX2a. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3729-37 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrates that miR-338-3p affects the PTEN/Akt pathway by down-regulating PREX2a. This newly identified function of miR-338-3p provides novel insights into neuroblastoma and may foster therapeutic applications. ..
- Mense S, Barrows D, Hodakoski C, Steinbach N, Schoenfeld D, Su W, et al. PTEN inhibits PREX2-catalyzed activation of RAC1 to restrain tumor cell invasion. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra32 pubmed publisher..b>PREX2, a widely distributed GEF that activates the GTPase RAC1, binds to and inhibits PTEN...
- Lissanu Deribe Y, Shi Y, Rai K, Nezi L, Amin S, Wu C, et al. Truncating PREX2 mutations activate its GEF activity and alter gene expression regulation in NRAS-mutant melanoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E1296-305 pubmed publisherb>PREX2 (phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate-dependent Rac-exchange factor 2) is a PTEN (phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome 10) binding protein that is significantly mutated in cutaneous melanoma and pancreatic ductal ..
- Li C, Yen C, Chen Y, Lee K, Fang C, Zhang X, et al. Characterization of the GNMT-HectH9-PREX2 tripartite relationship in the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2017;140:2284-2297 pubmed publisher..We identified PREX2, a novel PTEN inhibitor, as a GNMT-interacting protein...
- Horrigan S, Courville P, Sampey D, Zhou F, Cai S. Replication Study: Melanoma genome sequencing reveals frequent PREX2 mutations. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..how we intended to replicate selected experiments from the paper "Melanoma genome sequencing reveals frequent PREX2 mutations" (Berger et al., 2012). Here we report the results of those experiments...
- Dai Z, Xie J, Lei P, Hu Y. Knockdown of PREX2a inhibits the malignant phenotype of osteosarcoma cells. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1930-6 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study suggested that PREX2a may act as an oncogene in OS via the inhibition of PTEN activity and activation of PI3K signaling. ..
- Liu J, Cao L, Feng Y, Li Y, Li T. MiR-338-3p inhibits TNF-Î±-induced lipogenesis in human sebocytes. Biotechnol Lett. 2017;39:1343-1349 pubmed publisher..PREX2a overexpression consistently restored lipogenesis and AKT phosphorylation attenuated by miR-338-3p. MiR-338-3p suppresses the TNF-Î±-induced lipogenesis in sebocytes by targeting PREX2a and down-regulating PI3K/AKT signaling. ..
- Srijakotre N, Man J, Ooms L, Lucato C, Ellisdon A, Mitchell C. P-Rex1 and P-Rex2 RacGEFs and cancer. Biochem Soc Trans. 2017;45:963-77 pubmed publisher..Emerging clinical data predict that changes in expression or mutation of P-Rex1 and P-Rex2 may lead to changes in tumour outcome, particularly in breast cancer and melanoma. ..
- Rosenfeldt H, Vazquez Prado J, Gutkind J. P-REX2, a novel PI-3-kinase sensitive Rac exchange factor. FEBS Lett. 2004;572:167-71 pubmed..P-REX2 promoted increased levels of GTP-bound Rac that could be further stimulated by enhancing PI-3K activity. Thus, P-REX2 may serve as a novel link between Rac activation and the PI-3 kinase pathway. ..
- Guo B, Liu L, Yao J, Ma R, Chang D, Li Z, et al. miR-338-3p suppresses gastric cancer progression through a PTEN-AKT axis by targeting P-REX2a. Mol Cancer Res. 2014;12:313-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, P-Rex2a (PREX2) was identified as a direct target of miR-338-3p, and silencing P-Rex2a resulted in the same biologic effects of ..