Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPP2R2C
Description: protein phosphatase 2, regulatory subunit B, gamma
Alias: B55-GAMMA, IMYPNO, IMYPNO1, PR52, PR55G, PP2A, subunit B, B-gamma isoform, PP2A, subunit B, B55-gamma isoform, PP2A, subunit B, PR55-gamma isoform, PP2A, subunit B, R2-gamma isoform, gamma isoform of regulatory subunit B55, protein phosphatase 2, phosphoprotein phosphatase 2A BR gamma regulatory chain, protein phosphatase 2 (formerly 2A), regulatory subunit B (PR 52), gamma isoform, protein phosphatase 2A1 B gamma subunit, serine/threonine-protein phosphatase 2A 55 kDa regulatory subunit B gamma isoform
- Type 2A protein phosphatase, the complex regulator of numerous signaling pathwaysS Zolnierowicz
Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology UG MUG, Gdansk, Poland
Biochem Pharmacol 60:1225-35. 2000..Thus, a more thorough understanding of PP2A structure and function may lead to the development of novel strategies against human diseases...
- Dephosphorylation of CDK9 by protein phosphatase 2A and protein phosphatase-1 in Tat-activated HIV-1 transcriptionTatyana Ammosova
Center for Sickle Cell Disease, Howard University, 2121 Georgia Ave, N W Washington, DC 20059, USA
Retrovirology 2:47. 2005..In the present study we analyze relative contribution of PP2A and PP1 to dephosphorylation of CDK9 and to HIV-1 transcription in vitro and in vivo...
- The Vpr protein from HIV-1: distinct roles along the viral life cycleErwann Le Rouzic
Institut Cochin, Department of Infectious Diseases, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR8104, Universite Paris 5, Paris, France
Retrovirology 2:11. 2005..In this review, we will mainly focus on vpr from HIV-1 and discuss the most recent developments in our understanding of Vpr functions and its role during the virus replication cycle...
- Regulation of HIV-1 transcription by protein phosphatase 1Sergei Nekhai
Center for Sickle Cell Disease, Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Curr HIV Res 5:3-9. 2007..We also present a computer model of Tat-PP1 complex that might be useful for future drug design in anti-HIV-1 therapeutics...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr-mediated G(2) cell cycle arrest: Vpr interferes with cell cycle signaling cascades by interacting with the B subunit of serine/threonine protein phosphatase 2AM Hrimech
Laboratoire de Rétrovirologie Humaine, Departement de Microbiologie et Immunologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
EMBO J 19:3956-67. 2000..Our data suggest that Vpr mediates G(2) arrest by enhancing the nuclear import of PP2A and by positively modulating its catalytic activity towards active phosphorylated nuclear cdc25...
- HIV-1 viral protein R (Vpr) & host cellular responsesRichard Yuqi Zhao
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 10 South Pine Street, MSTF 600, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Indian J Med Res 121:270-86. 2005..Strategies with potential application for future antiviral therapies directed at suppressing Vpr activities are described...
- Increasing the ratio of PP2A core enzyme to holoenzyme inhibits Tat-stimulated HIV-1 transcription and virus productionR Ruediger
Department of Pathology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0612, USA
Virology 238:432-43. 1997..These results demonstrate that the balance between PP2A holoenzyme and core enzyme is important for HIV-1 gene expression and virus production...
- Activation of protein phosphatase-2A1 by HIV-1 Vpr cell death causing peptide in intact CD(4+) T cells and in vitroAnwar Janoo
Protein and Nucleic Acids Chemistry Laboratory, Norchit Biomedical Research Institute, Liverpool Syracuse 13088, New York, NY, USA
J Cell Biochem 94:816-25. 2005....
- The role of Vpr in HIV-1 pathogenesisJoshua L Andersen
Division of Cellular Biology and Immunology, Department of Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Curr HIV Res 3:43-51. 2005..This review presents the latest findings about the pathogenic events triggered by Vpr, the cellular pathways involved, and the molecular and cellular consequences of the action of Vpr in the context of HIV-1 infection...
- Over expression of PPP2R2C inhibits human glioma cells growth through the suppression of mTOR pathwayYi Ling Fan
Department of Neurosurgery, Renji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200127, China
FEBS Lett 587:3892-7. 2013b>PPP2R2C encodes a gamma isoform of the subunit B55 subfamily, which is a regulatory subunit of Protein phosphatase type 2A (PP2A). Our study shows that PPP2R2C is downregulated in glioma cells and human brain cancer patient samples...
- PPP2R2C loss promotes castration-resistance and is associated with increased prostate cancer-specific mortalityEric G Bluemn
School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Mol Cancer Res 11:568-78. 2013..complex: PPP2R1A, a structural subunit with known tumor-suppressor properties in several tumor types; and PPP2R2C, a PP2A substrate-binding regulatory subunit that has not been previously identified as a tumor suppressor...
- Bromodomain protein Brd4 regulates human immunodeficiency virus transcription through phosphorylation of CDK9 at threonine 29Meisheng Zhou
Virus Tumor Biology Section, Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 83:1036-44. 2009..Finally, we present chromatin immunoprecipitation studies showing that CDK9 with phosphorylated T29 is associated with the HIV promoter region in the integrated and transcriptionally silent HIV genome...
- A new 12-gene diagnostic biomarker signature of melanoma revealed by integrated microarray analysisWanting Liu
Department of Computing, University of Bradford, Great Britain Centre of Skin Sciences, University of Bradford, Great Britain
Peerj 1:e49. 2013..e., EGFR, FGFR2, FGFR3, IL8, PTPRF, TNC, CXCL13, COL11A1, CHP2, SHC4, PPP2R2C, and WNT4)...
- [Action of protein phosphatase-1 on Tat-dependent HIV-1 transcription and its related inhibitors]Jun Wang
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 44:1343-7. 2009..In this review, we discuss the action of PP1 in Tat-induced HIV-1 transcription and related to PP1 inhibitors...
- PPP2R2C as a candidate gene of a temperament and character trait-based endophenotype of ADHDChristian Jacob
Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
Atten Defic Hyperact Disord 4:145-52. 2012..One of the most promising candidate genes in this region is protein phosphatase 2, regulatory subunit B, gamma (PPP2R2C), which, however, thus far has not been assessed for a potential association with ADHD...
- A RNA interference screen identifies the protein phosphatase 2A subunit PR55gamma as a stress-sensitive inhibitor of c-SRCPieter J A Eichhorn
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 3:e218. 2007..Our data reveal a novel mechanism of c-SRC regulation whereby in response to stress c-SRC activity is regulated, at least in part, through loss of the interaction with its inhibitor, PR55gamma...
- RNA interference screen to identify pathways that enhance or reduce nonviral gene transfer during lipofectionGregory A Barker
Penn Center for Molecular Discovery, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Ther 16:1602-8. 2008..The best candidate siRNA targeted the PPP2R2C gene and produced a 65% increase in luminescence from lipofection, with a quantitative PCR-validated knockdown of ..
- Transcriptional profiling of septal wall of the right ventricular outflow tract in patients with idiopathic ventricular arrhythmiasCan Hasdemir
Department of Cardiology, Ege University School of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 33:159-67. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the genome-wide transcriptional profiling of the septal wall of the RVOT in patients with RVOT tachycardia and control subjects...
- PPP2R2C, a gene disrupted in autosomal dominant intellectual disabilityLiesbeth Backx
Centre for Human Genetics, University Hospital Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Med Genet 53:239-43. 2010..1;q22) that segregates with mild ID, epilepsy and behavioural problems and that disrupts the PPP2R2C gene on chromosome 4p...
- Molecular correlates of laminar differences in the macaque dorsal lateral geniculate nucleusKarl D Murray
Center for Neuroscience and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Neurosci 28:12010-22. 2008..of which 10 were enriched in magnocellular layers (BRD4, CAV1, EEF1A2, FAM108A1, INalpha, KCNA1, NEFH, NEFL, PPP2R2C, and SFRP2) and one was enriched in parvocellular and koniocellular layers (TCF7L2)...
- Integrative genome-wide association analysis of cytoarchitectural abnormalities in the prefrontal cortex of psychiatric disordersS Kim
Stanley Brain Research Laboratory, Stanley Medical Research Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Mol Psychiatry 16:452-61. 2011..Moreover, the susceptibility gene for bipolar disorder, PPP2R2C, was found to be associated with the number of perineuronal oligodendrocytes...
- Genetic variant near IRS1 is associated with type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemiaJohan Rung
McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre, Montreal, Canada
Nat Genet 41:1110-5. 2009....
- Clonal divergence in lung cancer development is associated with allelic loss on chromosome 4A K Banerjee
Department of Thoracic Medicine, University College London Hospitals, London, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:852-60. 2007..six genes including two candidate tumor suppressor genes, CRMP1 a lung cancer metastasis-suppressing gene and PPP2R2C a gene for a regulatory subunit of the PP2 complex known to suppress tumorigenesis, particularly viral induced ..
- PP2A-Bgamma subunit and KCNQ2 K+ channels in bipolar disorderM Borsotto
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS Universite de Nice, Institut Paul Hamel, Sophia Antipolis, Valbonne, France
Pharmacogenomics J 7:123-32. 2007..In this region, the PPP2R2C gene encodes the Bgamma-regulatory subunit of the protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A-Bgamma)...
- Brain protein phosphatase 2A: developmental regulation and distinct cellular and subcellular localization by B subunitsS Strack
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Comp Neurol 392:515-27. 1998..Bgamma may target PP2A to cytoskeletal substrates that are important in the establishment and maintenance of neuronal connections...
- Genomic structure and localization of the human protein phosphatase 2A BRgamma regulatory subunitR Torres
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Pharmacogenetics Division, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
DNA Res 6:323-7. 1999..Here we describe the precise genomic organization and genetic localization of the human PP2ABRgamma gene...
- Molecular cloning and mapping of the brain-abundant B1gamma subunit of protein phosphatase 2A, PPP2R2C, to human chromosome 4p16P Hu
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Genomics 67:83-6. 2000..protein shares 81 and 85% identity with B1alpha (PPP2R2A) and B1beta (PPP2R2B), respectively, and was named PPP2R2C for its high level of homology to the other two isoforms...
- NotI flanking sequences: a tool for gene discovery and verification of the human genomeAlexey S Kutsenko
Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institute, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 30:3163-70. 2002....
- Fine mapping a quantitative trait locus affecting ovulation rate in swine on chromosome 8E M G Campbell
USDA, ARS, U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE 68933, USA
J Anim Sci 81:1706-14. 2003..repeats, and informative microsatellite markers were developed for seven genes (GNRHR, IDUA, MAN2B2, MSX1, PDE6B, PPP2R2C, and RGS12)...
- Cytosolic Arl2 is complexed with cofactor D and protein phosphatase 2AJack F Shern
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40829-36. 2003..Our data suggest functional roles for the cytosolic Arl2 complex in modulating tubulin and microtubule behavior as well as a possible role in apoptosis...
- In vitro cellular and humoral responses to Schistosoma mansoni vaccine candidate antigensMaged Al-Sherbiny
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Cairo University Egyptian Reference Diagnostic Center ERDC VACSERA, 7 Okba Ibn Nafei F 37, Dokki, Giza, 12311, Cairo, Egypt
Acta Trop 88:117-30. 2003..native protein (Sm97-paramyosin), two synthetic peptides (MAP3 and MAP4) and three unpublished antigens (PR52-filamin, PL45-phosphoglycerate kinase, PN18-cyclophilin)...
- Identification of specific PP2A complexes involved in human cell transformationWen Chen
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 5:127-36. 2004..These observations identify specific PP2A complexes involved in human cell transformation...
- Viral infections and cell cycle G2/M regulationRichard Y Zhao
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 2120, USA
Cell Res 15:143-9. 2005....
- Prohibitin is required for Ras-induced Raf-MEK-ERK activation and epithelial cell migrationKrishnaraj Rajalingam
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Schumannstrasse 21 22, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 7:837-43. 2005..Our data show an unexpected role of prohibitin in the activation of the Ras-Raf signalling pathway and in modulating epithelial cell adhesion and migration...
- Direct activation of protein phosphatase-2A0 by HIV-1 encoded protein complex NCp7:vprH Y Tung
Laboratoire de Physiologie de la Reproduction, CNRS URA 1449, INRA, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 401:197-201. 1997....
- Effect of HIV-1 Vpr on Basic Cellular Functions (II)Richard Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of HIV-1 Vpr on Basic Cellular Functions (II)Richard Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Cycle G2/M Pathway Modulated by Viral Protein RRichard Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..These proposed studies will provide a comprehensive framework for this new cell cycle control pathway and provide insights into fundamental aspects of this new G2/M surveillance system of eukaryotic cells. ..
- Effect of HIV-1 Vpr on Basic Cellular Functions (II)Richard Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..