Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPP1CB
Description: protein phosphatase 1 catalytic subunit beta
Alias: HEL-S-80p, NSLH2, PP-1B, PP1B, PP1beta, PPP1CD, serine/threonine-protein phosphatase PP1-beta catalytic subunit, epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 80p, protein phosphatase 1, catalytic subunit, beta isoform, protein phosphatase 1, catalytic subunit, beta isozyme, protein phosphatase 1, catalytic subunit, delta isoform, protein phosphatase 1-beta, protein phosphatase 1-delta
- Schmutz I, Wendt S, Schnell A, Kramer A, Mansuy I, Albrecht U. Protein phosphatase 1 (PP1) is a post-translational regulator of the mammalian circadian clock. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21325 pubmed publisher..Hence, PP1, may reduce PER2 phosphorylation thereby influencing nuclear localization of this protein. This may at least partially influence period and phase shifting properties of the mammalian circadian clock. ..
- Kiss A, Erdodi F, Lontay B. Myosin phosphatase: Unexpected functions of a long-known enzyme. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2019;1866:2-15 pubmed publisher..which is the member of protein phosphatase type 1 (PP1) family and composed of a PP1 catalytic subunit (PP1c/PPP1CB) and a myosin phosphatase targeting subunit (MYPT1/PPP1R12A)...
- Umeki I, Niihori T, Abe T, Kanno S, Okamoto N, Mizuno S, et al. Delineation of LZTR1 mutation-positive patients with Noonan syndrome and identification of LZTR1 binding to RAF1-PPP1CB complexes. Hum Genet. 2019;138:21-35 pubmed publisher..Whole exome sequencing studies recently identified LZTR1, PPP1CB and MRAS as new causative genes in RASopathies...
- Young L, Hartig N, Boned Del Río I, Sari S, Ringham Terry B, Wainwright J, et al. SHOC2-MRAS-PP1 complex positively regulates RAF activity and contributes to Noonan syndrome pathogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:E10576-E10585 pubmed publisher..MRAS, SHOC2, and PPP1CB are mutated in Noonan syndrome, and we show that syndromic mutations invariably promote complex formation with ..
- Hamdan F, Srour M, Capo Chichi J, Daoud H, Nassif C, Patry L, et al. De novo mutations in moderate or severe intellectual disability. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004772 pubmed publisher..identified 12 possibly pathogenic DNMs in genes (HNRNPU, WAC, RYR2, SET, EGR1, MYH10, EIF2C1, COL4A3BP, CHMP2A, PPP1CB, VPS4A, PPP2R2B) that have not previously been causally linked to ID...
- Lin C, Lin W, Chou I, Lee I, Fan H, Hong S. Epileptic spasms in PPP1CB-associated Noonan-like syndrome: a case report with clinical and therapeutic implications. BMC Neurol. 2018;18:150 pubmed publisher..disorder with loose anagen hair-2 (NSLH2) is an extremely rare disease caused by a heterozygous mutation in the PPP1CB gene on chromosome 2p23...
- Ptakova N, Miesbauerova M, Kostun J, Grossmann P, Sidlova H, Pavelka J, et al. Immunohistochemical and selected genetic reflex testing of all uterine leiomyosarcomas and STUMPs for ALK gene rearrangement may provide an effective screening tool in identifying uterine ALK-rearranged mesenchymal tumors. Virchows Arch. 2018;473:583-590 pubmed publisher..Of 23 cases, one case (LMS [leiomyosarcoma]) was positive for ALK rearrangement, namely, PPP1CB-ALK fusion gene. No specific histologic features (i.e...
- Llanos S, Royer C, Lu M, Bergamaschi D, Lee W, Lu X. Inhibitory member of the apoptosis-stimulating proteins of the p53 family (iASPP) interacts with protein phosphatase 1 via a noncanonical binding motif. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:43039-44 pubmed publisher..This study identifies iASPP as a new binding partner of PP1, interacting through a noncanonical PP1 binding motif. ..
- El Toukhy A, Given A, Ogut O, Brozovich F. PHI-1 interacts with the catalytic subunit of myosin light chain phosphatase to produce a Ca(2+) independent increase in MLC(20) phosphorylation and force in avian smooth muscle. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5779-84 pubmed..These results suggest PHI-1 inhibits myosin light chain phosphatase by interacting with the active site of PP1c to produce a Ca(2+) independent increase in MLC(20) phosphorylation and force. ..
- Silva J, Freitas M, Fardilha M. Phosphoprotein phosphatase 1 complexes in spermatogenesis. Curr Mol Pharmacol. 2014;7:136-46 pubmed..Three genes, PPP1CA, PPP1CB and PPP1CC, encode four PPP1C isoforms, PPP1CA, PPP1CB, PPP1CC1, and PPP1CC2...
- Endo C, Johnson T, Morino R, Nakazono K, Kamitsuji S, Akita M, et al. Genome-wide association study in Japanese females identifies fifteen novel skin-related trait associations. Sci Rep. 2018;8:8974 pubmed publisher..82-29.05?Mb (rs56089836; P?=?1.7?×?10-11) were eQTLs for either PPP1CB or PLB1, while a top chr16:48.26-48.45?Mb locus SNP was a known ABCC11 missense variant (rs6500380; P?=?6...
- Gershoni Emek N, Mazza A, Chein M, Gradus Pery T, Xiang X, Li K, et al. Proteomic Analysis of Dynein-Interacting Proteins in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Synaptosomes Reveals Alterations in the RNA-Binding Protein Staufen1. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:506-22 pubmed publisher..of neuronal RNAs, as a major mediator of dynein interactions via its interaction with protein phosphatase 1-beta (PP1B)...
- Davis Z, Verschueren E, Jang G, Kleffman K, Johnson J, Park J, et al. Global mapping of herpesvirus-host protein complexes reveals a transcription strategy for late genes. Mol Cell. 2015;57:349-60 pubmed publisher..This is required for herpesviral late gene expression, a complex and poorly understood phase of the viral lifecycle. ..
- Madsen C, Hooper S, Tozluoğlu M, Bruckbauer A, Fletcher G, Erler J, et al. STRIPAK components determine mode of cancer cell migration and metastasis. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:68-80 pubmed publisher..actomyosin machinery with the Ezrin/Radixin/Moesin family proteins by phosphorylating the inhibitors of PPP1CB, PPP1R14A-D...
- Horváth D, Sipos A, Major E, Konya Z, Bátori R, Dedinszki D, et al. Myosin phosphatase accelerates cutaneous wound healing by regulating migration and differentiation of epidermal keratinocytes via Akt signaling pathway in human and murine skin. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2018;1864:3268-3280 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to investigate the functions of myosin phosphatase (MP or PPP1CB), a type-1 phospho-Ser/Thr-specific protein phosphatase (PP1), one of the counter enzymes of ROCK, in skin ..
- Ammosova T, Platonov M, Yedavalli V, Obukhov Y, Gordeuk V, Jeang K, et al. Small molecules targeted to a non-catalytic "RVxF" binding site of protein phosphatase-1 inhibit HIV-1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39481 pubmed publisher..This proof-of-principle study can serve as a starting point for the development of novel antiviral drugs that target the interface of HIV-1 viral proteins with their host partners. ..
- Cho Y, Min J, Roh K, Kim W, Han B, Bae K, et al. Phosphoprotein phosphatase 1CB (PPP1CB), a novel adipogenic activator, promotes 3T3-L1 adipogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;467:211-7 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate a novel role for phosphoprotein phosphatase 1CB (PPP1CB) as a potent adipogenic activator that promotes adipocyte differentiation...
- LeMaire S, Raghuram V, Grady C, Pickering C, Chou C, Umejiego E, et al. Serine/threonine phosphatases and aquaporin-2 regulation in renal collecting duct. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;312:F84-F95 pubmed publisher..The official gene symbols corresponding to the top-ranked phosphatases (common names in parentheses) were: Ppp1cb (PP1-?), Ppm1g (PP2C), Ppp1ca (PP1-?), Ppp3ca (PP2-B or calcineurin), Ppp2ca (PP2A-?), Ppp1cc (PP1-?), Ppp2cb (..
- Yao H, He G, Chen C, Yan S, Lu L, Song L, et al. PAI1: a novel PP1-interacting protein that mediates human plasma's anti-apoptotic effect in endothelial cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2017;21:2068-2076 pubmed publisher..We conclude that human plasma protects against endothelial cell apoptosis through sustained BAD phosphorylation, which is achieved by, at least in part, a novel interaction between PP1 with PAI1. ..
- Browne G, Fardilha M, Oxenham S, Wu W, Helps N, da Cruz e Silva O, et al. SARP, a new alternatively spliced protein phosphatase 1 and DNA interacting protein. Biochem J. 2007;402:187-96 pubmed..The presence of a leucine zipper near the C-terminus of SARP1 and SARP2, and the binding of mammalian DNA to SARP2, suggests that SARP1 and SARP2 may be transcription factors or DNA-associated proteins that modulate gene expression. ..
- Wang L, Zhao J, Ren J, Hall K, Moorman J, Yao Z, et al. Protein phosphatase 1 abrogates IRF7-mediated type I IFN response in antiviral immunity. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:2409-2419 pubmed publisher..In addition, IFN treatment, TLR challenges and viral infection induce PP1 expression. Our findings disclose for the first time a pivotal role for PP1 in impeding IRF7-mediated IFN-? production in host immune responses. ..
- Chmielecki J, Bailey M, He J, Elvin J, Vergilio J, Ramkissoon S, et al. Genomic Profiling of a Large Set of Diverse Pediatric Cancers Identifies Known and Novel Mutations across Tumor Spectra. Cancer Res. 2017;77:509-519 pubmed publisher..We identified novel ALK fusions in a neuroblastoma (BEND5-ALK) and an astrocytoma (PPP1CB-ALK), novel BRAF fusions in an astrocytoma (BCAS1-BRAF) and a ganglioglioma (TMEM106B-BRAF), and a novel PAX3-GLI2 ..
- Nekhai S, Jerebtsova M, Jackson A, Southerland W. Regulation of HIV-1 transcription by protein phosphatase 1. Curr HIV Res. 2007;5:3-9 pubmed..We also present a computer model of Tat-PP1 complex that might be useful for future drug design in anti-HIV-1 therapeutics. ..
- Huang H, Pozarowski P, Gao Y, Darzynkiewicz Z, Lee E. Protein phosphatase-1 inhibitor-3 is co-localized to the nucleoli and centrosomes with PP1gamma1 and PP1alpha, respectively. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;443:33-44 pubmed..was also demonstrated in vitro, where Inh3 co-immunoprecipitated with PP1alpha and PP1gamma1, but not with PP1beta. The nuclear localization signal of Inh3 was identified as a N-terminal basic cluster (33RKRK36), while nucleolar ..
- Lin C, Tan B, Liu H, Shih C, Chien K, Lin C, et al. Dephosphorylation of nucleophosmin by PP1? facilitates pRB binding and consequent E2F1-dependent DNA repair. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:4409-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study unveils a key phosphatase of NPM and highlights a novel mechanism by which the PP1?-NPM pathway contributes to cellular DNA damage response. ..
- Connor J, Weiser D, Li S, Hallenbeck J, Shenolikar S. Growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible protein GADD34 assembles a novel signaling complex containing protein phosphatase 1 and inhibitor 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6841-50 pubmed publisher..These studies suggested that modification of the I-1/GADD34/PP1 signaling complex regulates the initiation of protein translation in mammalian tissues...
- Ma L, Bayram Y, McLaughlin H, Cho M, Krokosky A, Turner C, et al. De novo missense variants in PPP1CB are associated with intellectual disability and congenital heart disease. Hum Genet. 2016;135:1399-1409 pubmed..WES), we identified five different de novo missense variants in the protein phosphatase-1 catalytic subunit beta (PPP1CB) gene in eight unrelated individuals who share an overlapping phenotype of dysmorphic features, macrocephaly, ..
- Iacobazzi D, Garaeva I, Albertario A, Cherif M, Angelini G, Caputo M, et al. Protein Phosphatase 1 Beta is Modulated by Chronic Hypoxia and Involved in the Angiogenic Endothelial Cell Migration. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;36:384-94 pubmed publisher..PP1cβ is regulator of endothelial cell migration, which is critical in the angiogenic process. PP1cβ inhibition reduces endothelial cell migration through focal adhesion turnover and actin polymerization pathways. ..
- Velusamy T, Palanisamy N, Kalyana Sundaram S, Sahasrabuddhe A, Maher C, Robinson D, et al. Recurrent reciprocal RNA chimera involving YPEL5 and PPP1CB in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:3035-40 pubmed publisher..RNA chimeras involving yippee like 5 (YPEL5) and serine/threonine-protein phosphatase PP1-beta-catalytic subunit (PPP1CB) in CLL. Two of seven index cases (28%) harbored the reciprocal RNA chimeras in our initial screening...
- Liu R, Correll R, Davis J, Vagnozzi R, York A, Sargent M, et al. Cardiac-specific deletion of protein phosphatase 1Î² promotes increased myofilament protein phosphorylation and contractile alterations. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;87:204-13 pubmed publisher..Ppp1ca-loxP, Ppp1cb-loxP and Ppp1cc-loxP alleles were crossed with either an Nkx2...
- Parra M, Mahmoudi T, Verdin E. Myosin phosphatase dephosphorylates HDAC7, controls its nucleocytoplasmic shuttling, and inhibits apoptosis in thymocytes. Genes Dev. 2007;21:638-43 pubmed..Here, we identify protein phosphatase 1beta (PP1beta) and myosin phosphatase targeting subunit 1 (MYPT1), two components of the myosin phosphatase complex, as HDAC7-..
- Ryan T, Shelton M, Lambert J, Malecova B, Boisvenue S, Ruel M, et al. Myosin phosphatase modulates the cardiac cell fate by regulating the subcellular localization of Nkx2.5 in a Wnt/Rho-associated protein kinase-dependent pathway. Circ Res. 2013;112:257-66 pubmed publisher..We have identified a novel interaction between Nkx2.5 and myosin phosphatase. Promoting this interaction represents a novel mechanism whereby Wnt3a regulates Nkx2.5 and inhibits cardiomyogenesis. ..
- Bertola D, Yamamoto G, Buscarilli M, Jorge A, Passos Bueno M, Kim C. The recurrent PPP1CB mutation p.Pro49Arg in an additional Noonan-like syndrome individual: Broadening the clinical phenotype. Am J Med Genet A. 2017;173:824-828 pubmed publisherWe report on a 12-year-old Brazilian boy with the p.Pro49Arg mutation in PPP1CB, a novel gene associated with RASopathies. This is the fifth individual described, and the fourth presenting the same variant, suggesting a mutational hotspot...
- Chen L, Yang Y, Wang Y, Qiu L, Xia H, Wang A, et al. Proteomic Response of the Rat Liver in Differential Swimming Modes. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Notably, PCBD1, PRDX1, and PPP1CB were involved in redox processes, while PPP1CB was only expressed in the FT group...
- Heroes E, Lesage B, Görnemann J, Beullens M, Van Meervelt L, Bollen M. The PP1 binding code: a molecular-lego strategy that governs specificity. FEBS J. 2013;280:584-95 pubmed publisher..The diversity of the PP1 interactome and the properties of the PP1 binding code account for the exquisite specificity of PP1 in vivo. ..
- Kawabe T, Muslin A, Korsmeyer S. HOX11 interacts with protein phosphatases PP2A and PP1 and disrupts a G2/M cell-cycle checkpoint. Nature. 1997;385:454-8 pubmed..Thus HOX11 is a cellular oncogene that targets PP2A and PP1, both of which are targets for oncogenic viruses and chemical tumour promoters. This interaction suggests a mechanism by which a homeobox can alter the cell cycle. ..
- Winter S, Bosnoyan Collins L, Pinnaduwage D, Andrulis I. The interaction of PP1 with BRCA1 and analysis of their expression in breast tumors. BMC Cancer. 2007;7:85 pubmed..study to identify proteins that interact with exon11 of BRCA1 and identified Protein Phosphatase 1beta (PP1beta), an isoform of the serine threonine phosphatase, PP1...
- Ammosova T, Platonov M, Ivanov A, Kont Y, Kumari N, Kehn Hall K, et al. 1E7-03, a low MW compound targeting host protein phosphatase-1, inhibits HIV-1 transcription. Br J Pharmacol. 2014;171:5059-75 pubmed publisher..1E7-03 bound to PP1 in vitro and prevented shuttling of PP1 into the nucleus. Our study shows that low MW compounds that functionally mimic the PP1-binding RVxF peptide can inhibit HIV-1 transcription by deregulating PP1. ..
- Arimura T, Suematsu N, Zhou Y, Nishimura J, Satoh S, Takeshita A, et al. Identification, characterization, and functional analysis of heart-specific myosin light chain phosphatase small subunit. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6073-82 pubmed..These observations suggest that the heart-specific small subunit hHS-M(21) plays a regulatory role in cardiac muscle contraction by its binding to the large subunit. ..
- Lu Z, Wan G, Guo H, Zhang X, Lu X. Protein phosphatase 1 inhibits p53 signaling by dephosphorylating and stabilizing Mdmx. Cell Signal. 2013;25:796-804 pubmed publisher..The dephosphorylation of Mdmx increases its stability and thereby inhibits p53 activity. Our results suggest that PP1 is a crucial component in the ATM-Chk2-p53 signaling pathway. ..
- Marx S, Reiken S, Hisamatsu Y, Jayaraman T, Burkhoff D, Rosemblit N, et al. PKA phosphorylation dissociates FKBP12.6 from the calcium release channel (ryanodine receptor): defective regulation in failing hearts. Cell. 2000;101:365-76 pubmed..6, PKA, the protein phosphatases PP1 and PP2A, and an anchoring protein, mAKAP. In failing human hearts, RyR2 is PKA hyperphosphorylated, resulting in defective channel function due to increased sensitivity to Ca2+-induced activation. ..
- Hermanson O, Jepsen K, Rosenfeld M. N-CoR controls differentiation of neural stem cells into astrocytes. Nature. 2002;419:934-9 pubmed..We propose that repression by N-CoR, modulated by opposing enzymatic activities, is a critical mechanism in neural stem cells that underlies the inhibition of glial differentiation. ..
- Tan I, Ng C, Lim L, Leung T. Phosphorylation of a novel myosin binding subunit of protein phosphatase 1 reveals a conserved mechanism in the regulation of actin cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21209-16 pubmed
- Xiao L, Gong L, Yuan D, Deng M, Zeng X, Chen L, et al. Protein phosphatase-1 regulates Akt1 signal transduction pathway to control gene expression, cell survival and differentiation. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:1448-62 pubmed publisher..These results show that PP-1 acts as a major phosphatase to dephosphorylate AKT at Thr-450 and thus modulate its functions. ..
- Wang J, Liu X. [Action of protein phosphatase-1 on Tat-dependent HIV-1 transcription and its related inhibitors]. Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2009;44:1343-7 pubmed..In this review, we discuss the action of PP1 in Tat-induced HIV-1 transcription and related to PP1 inhibitors. ..
- Wallach T, Schellenberg K, Maier B, Kalathur R, Porras P, Wanker E, et al. Dynamic circadian protein-protein interaction networks predict temporal organization of cellular functions. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003398 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we predict that circadian PPIs dynamically connect many important cellular processes (signal transduction, cell cycle, etc.) contributing to temporal organization of cellular physiology in an unprecedented manner. ..
- Gripp K, Aldinger K, Bennett J, Baker L, Tusi J, Powell Hamilton N, et al. A novel rasopathy caused by recurrent de novo missense mutations in PPP1CB closely resembles Noonan syndrome with loose anagen hair. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170:2237-47 pubmed publisher..Here we report four patients with de novo missense mutations in protein phosphatase one catalytic subunit beta (PPP1CB), sharing a recognizable phenotype. Three individuals had the recurrent PPP1CB c.146G>C, p...
- Katayama H, Zhou H, Li Q, Tatsuka M, Sen S. Interaction and feedback regulation between STK15/BTAK/Aurora-A kinase and protein phosphatase 1 through mitotic cell division cycle. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:46219-24 pubmed..Deregulation of this balance may contribute to anomalous segregation of chromosomes during mitotic progression of cancer cells. ..
- Morimoto H, Okamura H, Haneji T. Interaction of protein phosphatase 1 delta with nucleolin in human osteoblastic cells. J Histochem Cytochem. 2002;50:1187-93 pubmed..These results indicate that PP1delta was associated with nucleolin in the nucleolus of MG63 and Saos-2 cells and that nucleolin is a possible candidate substrate for PP1delta. ..
- Csortos C, Czikora I, Bogatcheva N, Adyshev D, Poirier C, Olah G, et al. TIMAP is a positive regulator of pulmonary endothelial barrier function. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2008;295:L440-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the involvement of TIMAP in PKA-mediated moesin dephosphorylation and the importance of this dephosphorylation in TIMAP-mediated EC barrier protection. ..
- Banerjee S, ZagÃ³rska A, Deak M, Campbell D, Prescott A, Alessi D. Interplay between Polo kinase, LKB1-activated NUAK1 kinase, PP1Î²MYPT1 phosphatase complex and the SCFÎ²TrCP E3 ubiquitin ligase. Biochem J. 2014;461:233-45 pubmed publisher..Our data link NUAK1 to important cell-cycle signalling components (CDK, PLK and SCFÎ²TrCP) and suggest that NUAK1 plays a role in stimulating S-phase, as well as PLK1 activity via its ability to regulate the PP1Î²MYPT1 phosphatase. ..
- Takaki T, Montagner M, Serres M, Le Berre M, Russell M, Collinson L, et al. Actomyosin drives cancer cell nuclear dysmorphia and threatens genome stability. Nat Commun. 2017;8:16013 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms underlying nuclear dysmorphia in cancer remain poorly understood. Here we identify PPP1R12A and PPP1CB, two subunits of the myosin phosphatase complex that antagonizes actomyosin contractility, as proteins ..
- Ceulemans H, Vulsteke V, De Maeyer M, Tatchell K, Stalmans W, Bollen M. Binding of the concave surface of the Sds22 superhelix to the alpha 4/alpha 5/alpha 6-triangle of protein phosphatase-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:47331-7 pubmed..Our data also show that well known regulatory binding sites of PP1, such as the RVXF-binding channel, the beta12/beta13-loop, and the acidic groove, are not essential for the interaction with Sds22. ..
- Llorian M, Beullens M, Andrés I, Ortiz J, Bollen M. SIPP1, a novel pre-mRNA splicing factor and interactor of protein phosphatase-1. Biochem J. 2004;378:229-38 pubmed..Finally, we found that SIPP1 is also a component of the spliceosomes and that a SIPP1-fragment inhibits splicing catalysis by nuclear extracts independent of its ability to interact with PP1. ..
- GonzÃ¡lez FernÃ¡ndez R, Ãvila J, Arteaga M, Canessa C, MartÃn Vasallo P. The neuronal-specific SGK1.1 (SGK1_v2) kinase as a transcriptional modulator of BAG4, Brox, and PPP1CB genes expression. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:7462-77 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that SGK1.1 regulates gene transcription upon a different set of genes some of which participate in cell survival pathways (BAG-4) and others in intracellular vesicular traffic (Brox). ..
- Alrehani N, Pradhan S, Khatlani T, Kailasam L, Vijayan K. Distinct roles for the ? , ? and ?1 isoforms of protein phosphatase 1 in the outside-in ?IIb?3 integrin signalling-dependent functions. Thromb Haemost. 2013;109:118-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, PP1c isoforms have distinct contribution to the outside-in ?IIb?3 signalling-dependent functions in 293 ?IIb?3 cells. Moreover, PP1c? negatively regulates integrin function by suppressing the p38 pathway. ..
- Sueyoshi T, Moore R, Sugatani J, Matsumura Y, Negishi M. PPP1R16A, the membrane subunit of protein phosphatase 1beta, signals nuclear translocation of the nuclear receptor constitutive active/androstane receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;73:1113-21 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this interaction is enhanced by PB treatment in mouse liver. R16A specifically interacted with PP1beta in HepG2 cells despite the highly conserved structure of PP1 family molecules...
- Prochazka M, Mochizuki H, Baier L, Cohen P, Bogardus C. Molecular and linkage analysis of type-1 protein phosphatase catalytic beta-subunit gene: lack of evidence for its major role in insulin resistance in Pima Indians. Diabetologia. 1995;38:461-6 pubmed..to be the major isoform in the glycogen-bound PP1 complex, we have selected the structural gene for this subunit (PPP1CB) as a candidate for a detailed genetic analysis...
- Tanji C, Yamamoto H, Yorioka N, Kohno N, Kikuchi K, Kikuchi A. A-kinase anchoring protein AKAP220 binds to glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK-3beta ) and mediates protein kinase A-dependent inhibition of GSK-3beta. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36955-61 pubmed..These results suggest that PKA and PP1 regulate the activity of GSK-3beta efficiently by forming a complex with AKAP220. ..
- Fujioka M, Takahashi N, Odai H, Araki S, Ichikawa K, Feng J, et al. A new isoform of human myosin phosphatase targeting/regulatory subunit (MYPT2): cDNA cloning, tissue expression, and chromosomal mapping. Genomics. 1998;49:59-68 pubmed..1, compared to the chromosomal location 12q15-q21-2 for MYPT1. It is suggested that the products of the two gene families of myosin phosphatase target subunit may be localized differently among various tissues. ..
- Hsieh Wilson L, Allen P, Watanabe T, Nairn A, Greengard P. Characterization of the neuronal targeting protein spinophilin and its interactions with protein phosphatase-1. Biochemistry. 1999;38:4365-73 pubmed..These studies support the notion that spinophilin functions in vivo as a neuronal PP1 targeting subunit by directing the enzyme to postsynaptic densities and regulating its activity toward physiological substrates. ..
- Schillace R, Scott J. Association of the type 1 protein phosphatase PP1 with the A-kinase anchoring protein AKAP220. Curr Biol. 1999;9:321-4 pubmed..Collectively, these results provide the first evidence that AKAP220 is a multivalent anchoring protein that maintains a signaling scaffold of PP1 and the PKA holoenzyme. ..
- Verin A, Csortos C, Durbin S, Aydanyan A, Wang P, Patterson C, et al. Characterization of the protein phosphatase 1 catalytic subunit in endothelium: involvement in contractile responses. J Cell Biochem. 2000;79:113-25 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that CS1delta is the major of PPase 1 isoform specifically associated with EC actomyosin complex and which participates in EC barrier regulation. ..
- Grallert A, Boke E, Hagting A, Hodgson B, Connolly Y, Griffiths J, et al. A PP1-PP2A phosphatase relay controls mitotic progression. Nature. 2015;517:94-98 pubmed publisher..PP1 recruitment to human, mitotic PP2A-B56 holoenzymes and the sequences of these conserved PP1-docking motifs suggest that PP1 regulates PP2A-B55 and PP2A-B56 activities in a variety of signalling contexts throughout eukaryotes. ..
- Li X, Lin H, Chen H, Xu X, Shih H, Ann D. SUMOylation of the transcriptional co-repressor KAP1 is regulated by the serine and threonine phosphatase PP1. Sci Signal. 2010;3:ra32 pubmed publisher..whereas the protein phosphatase 1alpha isoform (PP1alpha) directly interacted with KAP1 under basal conditions, PP1beta interacted with KAP1 only in response to genotoxic stress...
- Czikora I, Kim K, Kása A, Bécsi B, Verin A, Gergely P, et al. Characterization of the effect of TIMAP phosphorylation on its interaction with protein phosphatase 1. Biochimie. 2011;93:1139-45 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the forskolin induced PKA/GSK3β activation protects the EC barrier via TIMAP-mediated decreasing of the ERM phosphorylation level. ..
- Wu D, Tkachuck D, Roberson R, Schubach W. The human SNF5/INI1 protein facilitates the function of the growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible protein (GADD34) and modulates GADD34-bound protein phosphatase-1 activity. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:27706-15 pubmed..These results implicate hSNF5/INI1 in the function of GADD34 and suggest that hSNF5/INI1 may regulate PP1 activity in vivo. ..
- Geetha T, Langlais P, Caruso M, Yi Z. Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 12A and catalytic subunit ?, new members in the phosphatidylinositide 3 kinase insulin-signaling pathway. J Endocrinol. 2012;214:437-43 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for the involvement of a particular PP1 complex, PPP1R12A/PP1c?, in insulin signaling and may lead to a better understanding of dysregulated IRS1 phosphorylation in insulin resistance and T2D. ..
- Liu L, Xie N, Rennie P, Challis J, Gleave M, Lye S, et al. Consensus PP1 binding motifs regulate transcriptional corepression and alternative RNA splicing activities of the steroid receptor coregulators, p54nrb and PSF. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1197-210 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the RVxF motifs play an important role in controlling the multifunctional properties of p54nrb and PSF in the regulation of gene transcription. ..
- Fresu M, Bianchi M, Parsons J, Villa Moruzzi E. Cell-cycle-dependent association of protein phosphatase 1 and focal adhesion kinase. Biochem J. 2001;358:407-14 pubmed..The results suggest that FAK dephosphorylation by PP1delta occurs in cells released from mitosis, and confirmed the specific association of PP1delta, as detected previously in adherent cells. ..
- Peti W, Nairn A, Page R. Structural basis for protein phosphatase 1 regulation and specificity. FEBS J. 2013;280:596-611 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss recent advances in structural studies of PP1 holoenzyme complexes and summarize the new insights these studies have provided into the molecular basis of PP1 regulation and specificity. ..
- Agarwal N, Kim C, Kunkalla K, Konno H, Tjendra Y, Kwon D, et al. Active IKKÎ² promotes the stability of GLI1 oncogene in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Blood. 2016;127:605-15 pubmed publisher..By linking IKKÎ²-mediated nuclear factor-ÎºB activity with GLI1, we identified a crosstalk between these 2 pathways that can inform the design of novel therapeutic strategies in DLBCL. ..